What went so wrong?

Not talking about the story or the characters. Which are pretty mediocre either way. Why is the gameplay so boring and mindless?

Attached: Fire-Emblem-Three-Houses-New-Game-Plus-Guide-900x506.jpg (900x506, 134K)

because it's a fire emblem game you fucking idiot, what did you expect

normal difficulty is literal braindead mode, hard atleast requires some thought

I'm actually really enjoying Three Houses way more than I expected, maybe it's because I skipped Fates so haven't played FE since Awakening but playing hard mode classic is great, it's not retardedly hard but enemies will punish you if you move units carelessly.

I liked the story (blue lions) but I kinda disliked the MC and the setting.
Exploring the monastery was more of a chore than fun. As were all the minigames and VN elements.
Also the game was way too easy, and I missed recruiting units in the midst of battle by talking to them. Imho that's way more hype than spamming flowers on someone until they join you.

The only good part gameplay wise was the class system.

On my second playthrough right now but I'm bored doing part 1 again. They really should have given each house their own unique missions from the very beginning.

Not with the red lines showing who get the aggro, no

every game since the new artsyle has been the same though?

AAAAH I fucking hate the busywork in the monastery. Can I just skip most of it without having to worry?

I only hate Byleth

He looks so fucking ugly. Black dark armor with that teal hair. He looks so out of place compared to the other characters. I made him a Dark Bishop just go go with it, because the story class wants me to use holy magic while looking like a Nohr Dark Knight for some retarded reason.

It's unironically worse than Trails of Cold Steel in every regard. Think about that. If Trails of Cold fucking Steel was a Nindy franchise if would be as popular as this.

Some of it is required for certain endings, like certain choices you give talking to your party members in explore mode

It's like they saw how successful P5 was and trying to copy it and fail.
It's so bad

>Trails of Cold Steel
That's not how you spell Holding Back Steel

Yeah that addition was really weird.
I abused it so much. But I also noticed in rare cases it's just wrong (or I was stupid)

>What went so wrong
Well they made a good game and Nintendo having good games causes Yea Forums to enter a primal rage state.

>Can I just skip most of it without having to worry?
Yes. After the first or second time you gain a skip function.

I'm at chapter 8 and so far hard mode has basically been easier than normal mode in earlier FEs. Felix, Dedue, Dimitri, Sylvain, and Byleth (and recently Catherine and Shamir) just fuck shit up.

Play on hard, there is some challenge, still easy though. Until the final boss which is actually horseshit. On the golden deer path anyway

haha...

It's horseshit on blue lions aswell.

I've been enjoying it ,but it's too easy even on hard and you spend way too much time in the monastery. The monastery part also doesn't feel right in the war.

Game is fun as fuck. I'm having much more fun with this than with Odyssey or BotW. It's one of these games that makes me feel like a kid again. Having a blast with the characters. The story is nothing to write home about, but very good for FE standards. The gameplay is not that good admittedly but they introduced several new mechanics that just work well together.
Really fun stuff. Hotheadedfags will be like pic related but at the end of the day I can happily say I'm having fun, maybe for the first time in years

Attached: 1559515620486.gif (291x244, 1.88M)

It's too easy, like most Fire Emblem games. Also the amount of time you can easily spend running around the monastery is ridiculous.

>FE difficulty
>Mages sniping you with meteor from across the map
>Or a spell that reduces your HP to 1

I liked the divine pulse addition though. They could have made it a lot more difficult with that.
Only really had to use it once when a character got one-shot by a 2% crit with 17% hit chance.

It was pretty easy but the last two missions on the blue lion route was fucking me up out of nowhere

>I liked the divine pulse addition though. They could have made it a lot more difficult with that.
Indeed. It was a feature that could have been in all other FE games because let's be honest people can just savescum anyway if they want to save their characters.
Now, assuming the feature will only be in this specific FE, which I fear is what is going to happen, they really should have designed the game more around that mechanic. Make some completely bullshit scenarios where you die instantly by simply walking into a hallway because it has traps or something, and then all characters are freaking out like "how could we have known", thus giving you the hint to reverse time. And then Byleth could react to what he just did to show that it was intended.

Attached: 1553968279188.png (212x236, 90K)

I had like 8 hours of gameplay despite being in only 4 fights, shit was ridiculous, the monastery really soaks up a lot of time
But I'm not complaining, it's fun as fuck

I'm playing on Normal and I genuinely thought I was playing wrong because for the first like five hours there were no meaningful mechanics and I didn't get what the point was. Like I was playing the missions and doing fine but it felt like it was just whack a mole. I'm like 15 hours in and now there's a little more to the unit building but my units are now stupid fucking OP so I'm just steamrolling everything anyway. Shamir is shitting out 90 damage crits on the opponents turn and I'm like okay.

It's not bad but I feel like there's something off, it went from "What's the depth here?" to "Okay I'll just walk by and blow everything away". And honestly it's just making me hungry for when Disgaea 4 Switch comes out later this year.

I like it but some of the new mechanics need work. Battalions feel fun to use on beasts but are busted against normal enemies because they prevent movement. Explore gets really tiring too after the timeskip especially since I'm doing a no student recruit run so it's mostly empty. Timeskip missions can actually be pretty hard if you're only doing paralogue and quest side battles

I hope the DLC route won't be a all houses come together happy end route.

isn't a difficulty patch coming or something?

Not one single bit of this post is true. Stop being a faggot because you can't play child simulator this time.

Hard is very easy, too.
Lunatic difficulty can't come soon enough, enjoying everything else so far.

I almost never used battalions and relics and still felt incredibly OP.

>Why is the gameplay so boring and mindless?
Because Birthright sold more than Conquest and Heroes exists.

Attached: 1564463174835.png (276x276, 111K)