Games that are legitimately hard on hard difficulty

Games that are legitimately hard on hard difficulty.

Attached: header[1].jpg (460x215, 30K)

Just got this, what am I in for

System Shock 2 with more environmental interaction and worse atmosphere

One of the best immersive sim ever. Some people are mad because it's nothing like the old Prey and it cancelled their sequel, but those guys are missing an amazing game. Don't listen to them

Quicksave / combat focus / alien mods make it p easy but yeah I died a fair amount
dirt rally is tough to beat past the first ‘clubman’ campaign lap times

rewards exploration and patience , punishes for playing like a run n gun.

the games pacing is extremely slow

Pic not related? The game is a cakewalk even on the nightmare difficulty or whatever it was called.

play it slow for the best experience

I wanted to see the plot develop so I put a bunch of hours in and found myself missing out in the atmosphere / throwing my body through situations and using quicksave rather than really trying to fogure things out strategically

this, did my blind playthrough on hard and the only "hard" (basically just be careful and dont try to kill every phantom with the pistol) part of the game was the start, after the halfway point youre zooming across the screen and killing everything with the shotgun. I didnt even get any alien powers on my first run either. Subsequent nightmare run felt even easier

Try playing through it on normal without the shotgun.
The shotgun is just completely game breaking.

I had the most fun playing it fast, running away from threats, hiding in unknown places where I occasionally find more threats, trying to salvage what I can running, and being generally scared from everyone around me.

Upgraded pistols and heavy objects are way more op than the shotty.
Heavy objects pretty much allow you to stunlock any phantom and upgraded pistol got way higher dps and range than shotguns in case you need to deal with something that cant be stunlocked. Combine that with movement and jump speed upgrades and you are pretty much an invincible space ninja.

Aren't the difficulties just boring (and small) percentage modifiers?

>Upgraded pistols
Fully upgraded gold pistol still takes a full mag or two to kill a big enemy. That's 3-6 minerals worth of resources. Three shots with the shotgun will do the same job, at 1.5 minerals. If you drop the shotgun you will run out of resources FAST.
Throwing objects is also a bit OP though, I agree with that.

System Shock 3 minus Shodan
that is literally what Prey reboot is.

The cancelled sequel wasn't even going to be like Prey. It was going to be some open world cyberpunk cowboy game where you bounty hunt aliens.

Prey 1 does rule though.

Nah you can wrench most of non-elemental phantoms leaving plenty of ammo for flying stuff. I think when I did my no needles run I almost didn't make any ammo.

At the point you really need actual weapons you are already stacked with ammo and minerals so that it dosent even matter how much you use.
And killing nightmares, flying enemies and phantoms with aoe effects, all of which are the only enemies that are even worth using a weapon for, with the pistol is way more ressource efficient.

>Yfw Military Bots

Attached: 1521134706845.jpg (554x388, 11K)

>At the point you really need actual weapons you are already stacked with ammo and minerals
Only if you invested in throwing from the beginning. Try using only the pistol, GLOO gun, grenades and wrench. The pistol will eat ALL your resources in seconds.

Pretty much only used pistol and wrench for the first half of the game and never had issues with ressources.
Never used gloo outside of building staircases to reach items though.

You literally cannot die in prey.

Your hp hangs on 1.

Attached: 1502081103799.png (741x568, 29K)

It's not a reboot.

No matter what hits you, you will survive with 1 hp every time. Then you regenerate 20 hp because you are magical. This is also how you speed run the dlc simulation.

Oh you mean no attack will kill you without getting you to 1 hp first. That's how The Bioshock games do it and is pretty much the only way to beat Bioshock 2 on hard(abusing the invincibility when you get to 1 hp).

>legitimately hard on hard difficulty.
combat focus, human powers, and the wrench obliterates anything. and if you play ayy lmao powers the game is over when you do the side quests to make all water fountains refill your psi.

I'm pretty sure i've gotten one shotted from 60+hp unless there was a second source of damage I didn't see

What? I've been killed countless times without my HP getting stuck at 1. What the fuck are you on about retard?

>make all water fountains refill your psi.
Had a phantom run and that made the game almost too easy on hard.
Waterfilter OP

even if you ignore all the other shitty balancing issues the game has, pause menu healing alone is a tremendous fucking oversight that shits all over the idea of the game being difficult.

Attached: 1564522011091.jpg (495x410, 82K)

I guess all those times the nightmare one-shotted me never happened

>Not playing on Nightmare
>Not playing with suit damage and various bodily injuries on

plebs. and I'm playing it for the first time.

zoomer's first shock game that isn't bad but isn't good either

good luck

Thanks. I hate weapon durability in games so I chose to keep that shit turned off. So far I'm doing alright.

The enemies are fucking spooky despite their VERY bland design.

what part are you at

Man your dick must be huge

GUTS. Have to fix some magnetic thingamajig that protects the station from the sun or something.

Is there a point playing new game+ in this game: like another ending or something like that?

I played it from the get go on hard, It's not really that hard as people make it out to be.

You've just gotta do everything, which i did.

And why it was easy as i had plenty of ammo and resources.

You are just bad. The game is not hard even on the hardest difficulty with no neuromods.

Put all of your stuff into movement and double jumping and dashing. I don't remember the names of the modules, but do it, you'll thank me later.

Hey you and I are at pretty much the same place. I'm playing nightmare/survival too, though it's my second playthrough. I kinda just dip in every now and then. Great game. The end is abrupt as all hell, keep watching after the credits.

Get the psychoscope as soon as you hit your office, can go powers run much earlier.

>see an evolved phantom
>gloo it
>stick a recycler grenade into it
>gets deleted
>see a floaty thing
>emp grenade the minions
>complementary null-wave transmitter
>Q-Beam the floaty thing
Wow, so hard.

While Prey isn't terribly hard, I do commend it for being challenging and fun at the same time on Nightmare.

>grenade spam