How much of a masterpiece will it be? Will it surpass TLOU?

How much of a masterpiece will it be? Will it surpass TLOU?

Attached: 2019-08-03 12_31_01-Death Stranding – Heartman Character Spotlight Trailer _ PS4 - YouTube.png (1090x606, 1.05M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=DiFykYJfO7Y
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Uh yeah, it will OBVIOUSLY surpass TLOU because TLOU is literal dog shit. Nice try konami shill.

Attached: kojimbo2.jpg (310x360, 59K)

is that refn wearing the glasses kojimnbo endlessly shills?

>Will it surpass TLOU?
Well even if it's bad, I doubt I'm going to feel like I'm playing some boring zombie drama on top of a typical cover-based third-person stealth-crafting-lite survival shooter, so yes.

How the fuck did TLOU get so popular.

Attached: 1564240212379m.jpg (1024x551, 92K)

a game to surpass metal gear?

it will be a mustardpiece

Attached: 1559510080134.jpg (536x359, 31K)

Explain the gameplay loop to me

I can do some vague handwavey gestures, is that good enough?

How many more years will you guys be butthurt over TLoU?

It was easy, had good marketing, and had a SAD AND DARK storyline. Normalfags eat that shit up. Watch american TV and it will become clearer how this had such high acclaim.

TLOU:
>Shitty unoriginal reddit story
>Uninventive gameplay, literally like any other shooter
>Shit and unoriginal enemies
>Shit visuals

Death Stranding:
>Doesn't even need to be released to tell the game is at least going to have a great story, if not amazing, full of unique concepts and ideas
>Core gameplay seems to be decent, at the very least solid, but we have been given hints at and have seen gameplay mechanics that will be far more interesting and inventive than most games coming out as of late. Even if the gameplay ends up being total shit, it will at least still be respectable for its uniqueness.
>Enemies shown are interesting and seem to have interesting mechanics revolving around them.
>The graphics have managed to top both RDR2 and RE2make's PC version.

Attached: basedkojimbo.jpg (948x717, 183K)

This.

TLOU is just sleep worthy.

>gameplay loop
Kys yourself

You deliver goods through a hostile environment.

Funny because Kojima loved TLOU

I keep forgetting that there are people who actually view tlou as a masterpiece
Christ just fucking kill me

Attached: 156173061681.jpg (1600x1304, 199K)

>472755661
source: DUDE LMAO LOLOLOLO TRUST ME INCEL

yeah, like 95% of people that play games think of it as one of the top 10 games ever made. only edgy butthurt PC kiddies on Yea Forums "think" (read: pretend) it's bad.

Sorry, I forgot this was a Kojima shill thread and we don't talk about gameplay here.

go work on your game, Kojimmy.

tlou is shit

>going to have a great story
Just like mgs4 and 5 amirite

>Western moviegames Vs eastern moviegames
They're both shit.

>gameplay loop
Did some e-celeb recently say this word? Been seeing a sudden spike in this random term.

It's just bait meant to undermine the game in question and replace discussion about it with an endless argument.

As with a lot of Kojimas work, it will be a masterpiece just based on the collective effort of everyone trying to figure out just what the fuck is happening.

Well, MGSV had way too much gameplay and people complained.

>this is what snoytards believe
Considering nobody can give a answer other then walking and fetch quests sounds like this is yet another Sony movie "game".

>Will it surpass TLOU?
Not hard to do

I wonder if there will be something like PT had where people had to a collective mystery solving thing.

Something like that is going to be a part of the social strand system.

It will be Phantom Pain' s empty open world filled with MGS2 lore dumps.

Sounds like it'll be hard to do while also avoiding spoilers.

>It will be Phantom Pain
Cool

>dude it'll be a a masterpiece because everything will be obscure as fuck and make no sense.

>game is designed so anti-spoiler fags can't progress without spoiling themselves
Fug

reconnecting cities across america

I played TLoU and I have to say both Reddit way overhyped how good it was and Yea Forums overstated how bad it was. I was slightly annoyed at the end at how it was neither as good or bad as I was led to believe.

At this point I'm 99% sure it'll be bad.

>Will it surpass TLOU?
is tlou supposed to be some pinnacle of storytelling?
i get that casuals like it, but that's like saying that the walking dead is the pinnacle of zombie movies just because it's popular
tlou was shit, gameplay was ok for a cover shooter

Based on nothing but what other people say, which is based on nothing but what other people say, which is based on nothing?

Attached: ahyes.jpg (343x343, 14K)

Based on the fact that I know next to nothing about the game despite the development cycle. It's all just finger waving and grand statements.

>Japan trailer only footage of what happens when the BT "ghosts" find and catch you
>there were monsters like this in the shape of a lion or ocelot and a colossus in previous trailers

Attached: Beached Thing.webm (960x540, 1.85M)

>Based on the fact that I know next to nothing about the game
Your certainty is based on you knowing nothing? Sounds like Yea Forums.

You know next to nothing about the game because you've looked at next to nothing from the game. Maybe watch some trailers, chucklefuck?

Yes, because when previous games showed next to nothing and just made grand statements, they usually wound up shit.

No Man's Sky was from a literal who company. This is from a man with a track record.

literally every bossfight kojima has made since peace walker includes running around giant enemy and calling in supply drops. like the worst example of fights in souls series.

His track record and team got yanked out from under him and there's no reason to believe Kojima was the main reason behind the MGS series mechanical successes.

I recall someone saying something about needing to change your boots or something and they get worn out, that true? Is there a hunger/thirst mechanic? I recall a trailer that showed Reedus character drinking from a canteen while walking.

>Core gameplay seems to be decent
Ahh yes, that great gameplay that we've seen consisting of walking and running.

>Hey what do you actually do in this game?
>REEEE STOP THIS IS BAIT
Kojimbo fans are truly special

He does carry around another pair of boots which seem to be for different terrain. The toenail pulling cutscene probably happens if you keep walking around in worn out boots.

There's no reason to think he WASN'T the main reason behind MGS's success unless you're a delusional Fukushima-fag.

Sneaking around and fighting monsters, survival, delivering packages across dangerous environments, stealing packages from other people trying to steal yours, and more we haven't seen.

There's nothing to know. The only info we've had on gameplay has shown walking, running, running away from generic enemies. Kojima stories are trash so I don't care about that part.

>Sneaking around
Walking in vydya magic tall grass
>fighting monsters
Not seen
>Survival
Not seen
>Delivering packages across dangerous environments
Not seen
>Stealing packages
Not seen
>More we haven't seen
AMAZING

Is there a person with this kind of condition?

>472760545
>seen in jap trailer
>seen on kojima twitter
>seen in multiple trailers
>hinted at
>obviously
monkeybrain

... No and you should be ashamed for asking.

The Neon Demon is a fantastic film.

Good thing there's only two boss fights in MGSV, haha

Attached: 1509054506894.gif (250x300, 785K)

You shitpost in Ireland's Giant's Causeway while being chased by Jannies.

Just assuming Kojima is some god of video game design is not something I'm willing to do.

Well that's when you ask what movies he likes.

Attached: 1563622428285.jpg (1130x1000, 252K)

>MGSV
>gameplay
Yeah just shoot some guys with a tranq, then shoot some more. Amazing 200 hours of gameplay if you want to 100% it.

Not willing to do it because of meaningless non-reasons?

Sounds like an MGS game, except in the past, 90% of those 200 hours would be cutscenes.

What does that have to do with the webm?

I recall in one of the many pics Kojima has been posting there was some HUD with a typical corner D-pad menu. It had what looked like a Health Item in one slot and Boots in another. The character model also shows boots hanging off him sometimes. And that toenail scene. Your idea sounds reasonable.

Because I'm not some kind of religious devotee of Kojima.

No. But Drive, Only God Forgives and Valhalla Rising are. Also Too Old to Die Young is a fantastic show.

At least the cutscenes were cool and the levels weren't an empty open space

>tranq
dumb casual

You choose to actively tear down his accomplishments and claim they aren't his own, for no real justifiable reason. It sure sounds like you're a religious devotee of some kind.

i know there are tlou fans in this thread, can one of you tell me the appeal of it?

Cutscenes in videogames are a waste of time.
If you are going to tell a story, tell it through gameplay or don't tell anything.

I choose to not believe his accomplishments were solely because of him and therefore all future works of his will be masterpieces simply because he is involved. I have this belief system because I am sane.

what if the cutscenes motivate the player to continue whilst also giving a cool cinematic view to the experience?

You choose to believe his accomplishments have nothing even remotely close to do with him. I believe this game is going to be a masterpiece because of what i've seen of the game, not because his name is on the game.
If his name is on the game, that tells me it has a pretty damn good chance of being great, because almost everything else he was involved in was great.

>noting remotely close to do with him
What? He could be a fine director and I think he is, but I also think his team being his team was incredibly capable and without them his directorial sense is not enough. You haven't seen hardly anything of the game itself and you simply want it to be great because Kojima I guess.

He has a team, and a lot of them are his former team. I have seen enough of the game to make a personal opinion on it.

>you simply want it to be great because Kojima I guess.
You are placing this onto people that are interested in the game and then I assume are annoyed by that. If people tell you they have reasons to be interested in the game besides Kojima, don't say you know their reasons better than them and then give an upsetting reason for looking forward to the game. It isn't healthy and in the end will just eat up your time arguing with people and ultimately frustrate yourself. It's better to say you disagree with them and what you've seen doesn't appeal to you.

Attached: 1564303807339m.jpg (1024x576, 53K)

A load of the other old MGS devs joined him you know. I'm sure people would be a bit more apprehensive if he was leading a completely new team of nobodies but that's not the case.

>Only God Forgives and Valhalla Rising are
cringe

Attached: 1540813355643.jpg (626x717, 34K)

You the user that has been making those edits? They're good.

I don't know.
I've got $60 set aside for it, I'm really wary because I just want to see some gameplay. I want to see a 10 minute uninterrupted (cutscenes are alright I guess) bit of gameplay, where it doesn't change area wildly. Just show me the fucking gameplay beyond 10 second snippets.

Well I am sure once the game comes out people will stream and upload themselves playing it. Really those gameplay videos are the ones you should always look for first over company releases.

But the first 48 hours of a game nowadays is pretty much the only time to actually experience it, before everyone figures out a "meta" to get through areas faster, or get materials first, or do this or do that. It's the only reason I still buy games at launch, cause if I don't the multiplayer is forever ruined, and single player usually isn't far behind with meaningless patches that just serve to funnel you into the mp.

Interviews say you can play offline only singleplayer. And this officially will have asymmetrical multiplayer so you don't have to worry about keeping up with other players

It's not about keeping up, it's about people exploring the game together. I hate to use it as an example but it really is the best I can think of off the top of my head.
The first few days, maybe even week, of a souls game's release is objectively the best because no one knows the optimal way to cheese shit. No one knows how to rush shit down. No one knows how to do anything, and it's great. You'll even see PVP in areas you never will later on.

This game is different, but this asynch, what if it's something like people have speculated, where certain campsites will have items/tips/whatever left behind by other players? You'll literally never see it unless it's on the "meta" path that guide reading normalfags cling to like they're the gospel.

Nice

>gameplay loop
>kit
the true sign of a faggot

Clueless simple bitch, I'm not going to spoon-feed a retard. That's your caretaker's job.

In order to have your experience spoiled by all the meta strategies that people figure out, you have to seek that information out. Just play the game yourself.

I'm not the one I'm worried about. I won't spoil it for myself. I'm worried about online being ruined after a few days because people optimize everything and 90% of the game become irrelevant content no one bothers with. I have 0 control over other people.

>this is what Silent Hills wouldve been like
SOO fucking glad he didnt get to tarnish the Silent Hill name

Soundtrack is fucking kino youtube.com/watch?v=DiFykYJfO7Y

don't forget this man

Attached: 669d7dca5e06858257d49e3a169fa990.gif (325x498, 909K)

Death Stranding predicted picrel a year before it even happened. Based kojima

Attached: mmmhmhmmyesss.jpg (1242x1492, 125K)

I don't understand what you're imagining but we don't know what the online aspects will be at all.

MGS game minus level design and boss battles, yeah. So a shit MGS game.

We know that it's some form of non-traditional multiplayer that doesn't require PS+

The store page says online consists of players leaving supplies and safehouses around the map for others to use. I think he's saying he's concerned that after awhile walkthrough people and meta will lead to those all being along set routes and places basically.

You walk, or sometimes climb ladders, in an empty world while occasionally engaging in clunky TPP combat.

>that doesn't require PS+
Source? All I have seen is them staying quiet neither confirming nor denying plus requirements.

>cliff cursed kojima in this moment

Attached: b48c4a9981f37791f382d044c2a5fb7f.0.png (1277x720, 889K)

PS+ isn't listed as a requirement on the store page.

For that matter, only one place related to Sony states that DS is playstation only, the cover for the game has no "Only On Playstation" which other games do, and there's been multiple areas it has been not listed as an exclusive next to games listed as an exclusive.

Yeah, but lots of games don't mention plus on the store page but still need it. Bloodborne's store page for example doesn't mention plus.

Oh well, what do I know? I don't own a playstation.

Oh you.

Friendly reminder to all the gaylords drones in these threads:
"A game does not need a story" -Shigeru Miyamoto
btw OP faggot have you even played tlou multiplater factions?

Attached: file.gif (480x292, 1.99M)

You go from setpiece inspired by kojima's drup trips, to the next setpiece inspired by kojima's drug trips.
In other words, GOTY.

Man I loved tlou multiplayer. The decay on survivors was the worst part about it though, god that sucked ass when I was going for higher ranks. Too bad it was dead even on ps4 launch, despite it being 60fps.

>does not need a story
>does not need
>need
Key word.

>Core gameplay seems to be decent
We've literally seen nothing but walking around empty fields you deranged loon

TLoU had about 1/10 the cutscenes of the average MGS. Kojima cultists literally reject reality just to worship some mediocre cutscene director

>Polskie Napisy
o kurwa stary

>Will it surpass TLOU?
That's not a very high bar to clear.

Attached: 1482930175921.png (225x225, 6K)

Kind of amusing how TLoU and MGS4 both get memed as movie games while both having some goat multiplayer components. I miss MGO

Is this from an AVGN episode?

I play on the pserver every now and then. They'll occasionally have a post on their forums for mgo2 that they're gonna just have a big day where a bunch of people log on, usually 200~ people so there's even a decent selection of players, usually mostly high skill though.

no, rental reviews. They watched another bunch of silent era and b/w movies and james called them misogynistic and racist.

Instead TloU has multiple mind numbingly dull sections where you're forced to slowly walk around and move dumpsters and shit while the story is told. Much more interesting than cutscenes.

Walking around. Sometimes jogging or sprinting too

>walk around and move furniture
That's literally what death standing is lmao

And unlike Cuckmann they actually put some effort into that part of the game. You can put the furniture wherever you want and use it to go where you choose instead of it merely being a lazy substitute for cutscenes where you pick up a thing and put it in its one obvious designated position so the game can continue.

>webm of a boss battle teaser in this very thread

Attached: 1563193955546.jpg (251x250, 8K)

Those scenes, along with QTEs, are not-so-cleverly-designed loading areas. Like the CD room in sotn, or qtes in like 90% of other modern games. They bridge load time to create a "seamless" world.

Hostile environment amazon delivery man.

tbqh i feel like i'm not really interested in the game itself but the story instead