Buying a console tomorrow. Should I get a Switch or a PS4?

Buying a console tomorrow. Should I get a Switch or a PS4?

>already have PC, 3DS and Vita

Attached: ff8acf630c5c4dee9cac622cfae19459.jpg (1024x512, 79K)

I regret both purchases but if I had to choose between one I would say the switch since it features more unique and exclusive games. The Ps4 doesnt have alot of appeal nowadays except for bloodborne and maybe god of war depending on who you ask.
That being said. Please think about it. If you already have a big library on PC/3DS and Vita you wont find alot of new things on both of these consoles. Both the Switch and the PS4 have been collecting dust the last 6 months for me.

Does buying ps4 even make sense at this point?
I thought PS5 would have bc.

PS4, though I expect a PS5 announcement by next year.

Get switch. PS5 is right around the corner

I expect an announcement on 2020. The PS4's got at least one more year in it.

PS4: Death Stranding and Bloodborne
Switch: Smash Bros and BOTW2

Better just get both.

Attached: ahyes.jpg (343x343, 14K)

>Two year old console with at least another four or so years of support ahead of it
>Six year old console that's about to be phased out and replaced by one that's apparently going to be backwards compatible anyway
Unless you care about a potential Switch Pro later down the line then the choice should be pretty obvious.

I have both, I use the Switch a lot more.

It depends on what games you want to play though and what kind of PC you have. The PS4 is obsolete if you have a gaming PC, but if you have a laptop and a list of 10 PS4 games you want to play it's different.

Honestly this.
Unless you really want to play Death Stranding. But even then you’ll have a better experience on the ps5.

It's all about the games. The switch has quite a few good games whereas the ps4 is merely a Bloodborne machine but Bloodborne is GOTG.

Most of the good non nintendo games on the switch are playable if not better on pc
On the other hand a ps4 isnt good for much besides blodborne and psnow

>Should I get a Switch or a PS4?
If it absolutely HAS to be tomorrow, a PS4. Otherwise wait for the soft-revision of the normal Switch in a couple months.

Wii U.

Attached: U games.png (3000x816, 2.13M)

You can already emulate BoTW and Mario Odyssey which are the only two worthwhile Switch games.

Eitther way now is not the time to get a Switch considering the revision is just a few weeks away.

Switch, but you should wait until the model with better battery life is out in a few weeks.

PS4

>Bloodborne, Persona, TLG, Death Stranding, other Sony exclusives like Gran Turismo and Wipeout

My real advice is get neither but PS4 has definitely more worthwhile exclusives than Switch if you already have a PC that's capable of emulation.

Xbox one

That depends on whether you want to spend your time playing video games or begging for ports.

PS4:
Bloodborne
Death stranding
The last guardian
Persona 5
GT Sport
HZD
Iceborne without having to wait half a year
FF7 remake
God of War

Switch:
BOTW
Smash
marioshit

The choice is clear.

>Death stranding
>FF7R
Getting PC ports

>Persona
Playable on PC prior to official western release

>The last guardian
>HZD
>GT Sport

lmao

I just got a switch which i later hacked.
If you can get a hackable switch then get that, if not then I would just skip this generation and play games on PC
Everyone i know who's had a PS4 has sold it because there is nothing interesting to play so just stick to PC - unless you desperately want to play some of the exclusives then just get which ever console idc

>Death stranding getting a pc port
user I.....

Look on the released cover art and website, there's no "Only on Playstation"

If you want real games and not Super Mario Happy Fun Time 6 the only option is the PS4. Emulate BoTW and Odyssey if you need to.

Attached: 1564746346450.png (900x506, 412K)

PS5 can read PS4 games tho

Think hard OP.

Attached: 1564672422825.jpg (938x1024, 137K)

Switch
PS4 has some good games, but playing on a Switch is much more convenient, and if a console isn't convenient, what's the point (other than P5 and Death Stranding)

if you really like some PS4 exclusives. I don't, i have switch, other games i have PC. + Switch is really good handheld console. PS4....kiend of meh.

that image of the cringefest that is XB2 doesnt do you any favors. Switch it with three houses

The best console of the generation

Attached: Screenshot_20190731-002440_Chrome.jpg (1080x581, 90K)

>On PC
>On PC
>On PC
Yeah I think OP doesn't need a Shitch.

>Getting PC ports
Take a look at this pathetic dreamer. Just like, RDR2, all of those games will never be release on your irrelevant hardware PC, aka 'port computer'.
OP, the only answer is PS4.
Don't buy switch .That tablet is extremely overpriced and has no games, unless you count shitty, broken, the worst looking ports.

Attached: ps4 standard.webm (954x536, 2.95M)

>PC, 3DS and Vita
Go with the Switch then. Most of the ps4's good games are on those while Switch emulation is still fairly choppy outside of Odyssey and Pokemon.

Both.
If only one than PS4. Switch is alright as a secondary platform since it has like 5-7 games total.

uhmmm

Attached: lk.jpg (753x72, 18K)

Save your money, both only have 2-4 games worth playing.

>no one mentioning Spider-man

Is it really that bad? If I bought a PS4 that'd be the first game I'd buy.

It makes sense if you're a poorfag and can't be bothered to using a computer after a long day of working on one.

Attached: 1541697964050.jpg (500x500, 36K)

I suppose I'd say that too if I loved Soimen

The Switch is worth it for this game alone

Attached: 3563820-fire-emblem-three-houses-review-thumb-nologo.jpg (1214x933, 1.04M)

You already have a PC so no reason to get a ps4. Buy a Switch

bro, Xbone

>Is it really that bad?
I wouldn't say it's bad just kind of meh. It's doesn't really stack up to games like 2 and ultimate but it's not the worst

^this^

If you want to play some of the best this generation has to offer (Bloodborne, P5 and soon P5R, GoW) then pick up a PS4, they are pretty cheap these days. Death Stranding is probably gonna be a must play too.

Get a Switch if you want something portable but besides from BOTW and Smash if you’re into it there isn’t really much going for the Switch besides indie games and last gen ports.

death stranding is coming to pc anyway so he won't need a ps4 or ps5 for that either way

There are tons of exclusives the Switch has to offer. Way more than the ps4 does

>Bloodborne, P5 and soon P5R, GoW
Only four games?
That's a bit sad for a system that's been out for what 6 years now?

PC + Switch is the ultimate combo, so...

P5 and P5R are the same games too...

I doubt that user since Sony is publishing.

Pretty much all shovelware. The new Mario is the worst one I’ve ever played, I can’t even think of any other exclusives besides the new Fire Emblem which I’m yet to try.

Sony also published Detroit Become Human.

To be fair this generation is the worst that’s ever been. But its only good games reside on the PS4.

Not only that but they own the IP.

End of the generation is always the best time to buy a console in my experience. You get a fair amount of games and the console and games themselves are a lot cheaper.

sony also published minecraft. is minecraft exclusive to ps4? no.
kojima and his employees have been asked many times if it's coming to pc and they've flat out refused to say no on every occasion when it's easy to say it if it literally wasn't coming to PC. it will come to PC eventually and will probably have its own publisher.

>But its only good games reside on the PS4
Eh, sure if you want something a bit casual.

My favorite games for it are Nier and Persona 5, so if you already have a PS3 and/or functioning PC I'd say you're better off not getting one. God of War was fun but has no replay value. Spider-man was also good but had major pacing issues in the middle portion.

>can’t even think of any other exclusives
That's weird, you don't remember these exclusives?
>Smash Ultimate
>Mario Odyssey
>Splatoon 2
>Xenoblade 2 + torna
>Astral Chain
>Mario Maker 2
>Mario + rabbids
>Daemon X Machina
>Luigi's Mansion 3
>Legend of Zelda Link's Awakening
And then there are exclusives we don't know much about like
>Zelda botw sequel
>Bayonetta 3
>Metroid Prime 4
>SMT 5
>Animal Crossing New Horizons

Only ones worth playing on that list are Odyssey and BotW and you can emulate them.

The guy who made Custom Robo is also making a spirtual successor.

>ignoring Deamon x Machina, Astral Chain, MUA3, FE: 3H and DQ11S
Okah console war autist

here's your (You)

XB2 is great

Attached: DTd6v8TVoAAYSLt.jpg (1280x720, 156K)

epic cringe my dude!

And as usual, goal post moved.

Wrong. Splatoon 2 alone is the best arena shootan since Q3A

>switch has more worthwhile exclusives in 3 years than ps4 in 6
what went wrong?

Or fire emblem and capeshit ultimate 3

PC and PS4 have more similar library than PC and Switch So I'd go with Switch.

If you have a W10 PC then you can get gamepass for a buck which allows you to play most of the MS games on both platforms, shit's comfy

Attached: 7-8-2019_10-56-45_PM-idtien5i.jpg (3840x2160, 1.09M)

Shit taste
What are some games worth your time?

Depression Quest taught me how to be a more empathetic human being

wtf is this image from

That's cool, but not a Switch exclusive. It's on PC too

kek

Good thing that the definitive version is a Switch exclusive

The complete list:
>Horizon Zero Dawn
>Spider Man
>Uncharted 4
>Uncharted The Lost Legacy
>Ghosts of Tsushima
>Yakuza 6
>Gran Turismo Sport
>Death Stranding
>God of War
>Gravity Rush 2
>Persona 5
>Killzone Shadow Fall
>The Last Guardian
>Shadow of the Colossus Remastered
>The Last of Us Remastered
>Ratchet & Clank
No low production value bing bing wahoo bullshit, actual good games.

did not know that

>smash
good game
>odessey
easily the worst soulless piece of shit mario they have ever put out
>splatoon 2
haven’t played doesn’t interest me
>xenocringe 2
need i say more
>astral chain
not out yet
>mario maker 2
yeah i love mario except everything is kaizo bullshit
>mario + rabbids
who cares about this kids game
>daemon x machina
looks good but once again not out might be shit
>luigi’s mansion 3
no one gives a fuck about these games, literally no one
>loz: la
ruined by nu-nintendo cutesy art style

the rest of your games aren’t out yet, the PS4 has good games that are already out

You forgot:
>Knack
>Knack 2
>Life of Black Tiger

Come on man no one played Killzone Shadow Fall

>No low production value bing bing wahoo bullshit, actual good games.

>Killzone Shadow Fall
>Uncharted
>GT Sport
>fucking The Last Generation

Man snoyfans really love eating shit

>smashfag has shit taste

pottery

>Horizon Zero Dawn
Movie
>Spider Man
Movie
>Uncharted 4
Movie
>Uncharted The Lost Legacy
Movie expansion
>Ghosts of Tsushima
Movie
>Yakuza 6
On PC
>Gran Turismo Sport
Ok
>Death Stranding
Movie and on PC
>God of War
Movie
>Gravity Rush 2
Good game but sony killed it
>Persona 5
Ps3 game
>Killzone Shadow Fall
Lol
>The Last Guardian
Good
>Shadow of the Colossus Remastered
Ps2 game but ok
>The Last of Us Remastered
Ps3 movie
>Ratchet & Clank
Good

Not really a good list eh?

On the good side, if you get the Switch--which literally has no games--you can use the dock as a doorstop and the tablet as a paper weight. That's double the usefulness of the, say, the XBONE.

No one cares about your shit opinion

Depends on the games you want i guess. Switch has a little more interesting games, though you can get a used ps4 for 150 bucks while switch is still really expensive.
You might also want to wait for the switch lite release, original switch could become cheaper