What video games feature good narrative design?

What video games feature good narrative design?

Attached: 15648235327440.png (640x900, 530K)

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.fo/k2bdp
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Oh wow it's a bowl haircut lesbian who designed the story for AC:O, I'm shocked, absolutely shocked, this is so completely surprising

Attached: 1533810528347s.jpg (83x125, 3K)

Thanks for reminding me that I will never buy this game

I actually like the hair. It’s funny.

>yes hello I want to look like jim carrey in dumb and dumber my favourite movie

Attached: 1424285795921.gif (782x543, 5K)

that's the infamous dick shaped haircut

Attached: 1551568771827.jpg (1440x810, 75K)

ay senpai gimme that young king arthur look

Attached: jU570fSTMucYUKyohxNC1g.png (676x676, 57K)

Who wore it best?

Is this the new JUST haircut? Who thought that looks good?

I knew robotics was making progress but I didn't know we already had sentient playmobils

i haven't played in a while are they still doing the abstergo story line

Shitty bait image

the "current era" shit is mostly background decoration. Abstergo is still out there, the assassins are still out there, the games are now leaning towards "you can't have one without the other, or else bad things will happen." I'm surprised they're even bothering, they could cut it out and still have perfectly fine games.

His hair looks normal in comparison

it makes me happy to know that there are other zoomies on this board who actually get references like this

>Narrative Director
I guarantee games would be better and cheaper to make without these glorified overpaid ideas guys.

It's funny that you sexless /pol/-tard morons are always the first to call others triggered snowflakes when all of you here are literally triggered by a girl with a funny haircut.

Attached: 1564295726512.jpg (1080x1080, 84K)

Since when did "triggered" mean "laughing at"

idk i actually liked odyssey, wasnt nearly as bad with shoehorning niggers as origins

What the fuck is "narrative" director?

in charge of the story

Because you dimwits only joke about people you disagree with.

Wait, is this the same person as pic related?

Attached: yaa1QWY.jpg (342x429, 16K)

You know, (((narrative)))

It's not even fucking real you retards.

>only joke about people you disagree with.
So, everyone? This place is contrarian central, and you'd know that if you had been here for more than a few hours, outsider.

What is not real? Narrative in games?

Kill yourself, tranny.

>Nasrullah Khan

it's fake. you do know what kind of name it should be.

>Narrative director
Without even looking at the op pic I can imagine the way someone with a title like that would look.

No I don't, what name it should be?

These girls, the lesbians and fluorescent progressive weirdos, are the ones that would describe themselves as a gamer, a Zelda fan, a nerd, etc. These are the fuckwits that pursue gaming as a career.
No intelligent human being does this. Most people play games as a hobby, but make their money elsewhere. Whereas these people play games as an identity.
The worst part is they have basic (shit) taste in games to begin with; the most shallow and reductive preferences.
So this is why these fucking retards are consuming the industry.

trying too hard

holy shit lmao i think it is

archive.fo/k2bdp

are you saying someone with a foreign sounding name can't be a "journalist" for some webrag?

What it's not real?

Attached: file.png (503x647, 444K)

I think she's cute. Maybe her head looks a little round, but I think that has more to do with the lighting or the pose. The glasses are a bit too big, but her eyes are rather pretty. I'd suggest for a more stylized haircut, is all. Not long, since she is obviously either tired or bored of it. Keep it short, but more stylized.

Narrative director is a pretty important role. Say you have a writer and he writes this story in which everybody dies, except the writer's self-insert, who is not particularly smart and an overall unlikable person. So the narrative director steps in and goes "you fucked up your story, this person needs to die because he is a dumbass cunt, have someone else survive". the narrative director directs the story.

No, though the haircut is similar. Is this some thing women do, in case they have a receding hairline problem? Because that could hide the fuck out of it.

>Narrative director is a pretty important role.
Kill yourself, retard.

>comparing based coconut head to some bitch lesbian
shame on you

how they actually chose the setting:
>hey, we have that one Greek looking town in AC Origins
>how about we reuse those asset?
>Ubisoft presents: AssCreed Odyssey

Attached: 1528888340596.jpg (645x729, 57K)

It's the director's job to give pointers as to how a story should evolve, give pointers, restructure in some cases, etc. Most of the time, you can leave that up to the writer and his own vision, but oftentimes they fuck up. The narrative director's job is to help them when they fuck up. That job is important. It may not be vital, but it is important and when their input is needed, valuable. But that is always in the context of writing.

>narrative director
every time

I don't know, I think she's kind of cute.

Thanks, I've been wondering why asscreed's narrative is not a fucking mess.

Does Odyssey have tones i'd expect from that dyke? If so why is it so praised on/v/?

Hey it's my Tyler I just got my bowl cut and I'm really excited about my bowl cut

>What video games feature good narrative design?
Varies depending on the game.

Alpha Protocol, New Vegas, The Council, Planescape Torment, Pillars of Eternity 2 have amongst the best, probably.

FYI, narrative design is not the writing itself, but the dialogue systems, etc.

Attached: 652e90d2e075f9d289530d46305f57869c125832_hq.jpg (800x552, 109K)

have sex, virgin

dilate

Based Tommy Thailand

You're welcome, user.

Does it have lesbianism? Well, Greece is the birthplace of lesbianism. The isle of Lesbos is where it originated and even sapphic culture is directly related to Sappho, a lesbian Greek poet that was honourarily named "the tenth muse". So yes, you can romance girls as a girl, but it most often results in tragedy.

Attached: 1432615095643.webm (720x408, 1.72M)

you first, sugarplum

With that face she needs a longer haircut, like midlength. But even just a slight haircut change would be better.

Attached: asdgas.jpg (290x339, 34K)

Sam Hyde is a legend.

One of the things I hated the most was how there was so damned many people that wanted to fuck you, and even if you say "nah, not gonna bump uglies" the "hey, wanna fuck" option keeps popping up time and again. It makes greece feel thirstier than Yea Forums.

now buttscissor, faggots

It's probably the narrative director self-inserting because she can't get laid IRL.

>bowlcut
Why? She would probably pretty cute with a nice haircut.

Is that why the game full of dick jokes?

I hate this.
Can we focus on making sure that, if girls want to go full edgy rebellious mode, they go goth?

Attached: 1543759841882.png (609x636, 324K)

The worst offender was some skinny gay dude, so, yeah, I can believe that.

>dat pic

wew

Attached: SavannahsDegeneration.jpg (1483x600, 76K)

God, just imagine the amount of self-harm cuts in her arm.

Attached: 1533899794679.gif (367x265, 565K)

>Does it have lesbianism?
Not what I meant but I see why you'd think that. I meant lefty undertones and general sjw propaganda.

Why are you all such a bunch of conservative prudes ya stick-in-the-muds

I don't. As someone who can only get laid with sluts, I hate that they all look like John Lennon now.
This bowl cut and grandma glasses shit needs to end.
Bring back the scenesluts.

Attached: 1561248063951.jpg (640x958, 78K)

>no u
Dilate

Greece has always been and remains thirsty to this day. I blame the sun.

What threw me off were several things.
Among them, just how much they swore in the game, seriously, it felt like a GTA game sometimes.
And also the fact that the game is set in one of the bloodiest wars in Greece's entire history, and yet everyone seems happy and positive, there's not a single trace of drama in the entire game, it has the tone of a fucking Marvel movie, which is even more jarring considering how serious Origins was.

Oh well, at least i'm glad the ones who made Odyssey fucked off to make that Zelda clone instead of working on any future AC games.

>I meant lefty undertones and general sjw propaganda.
Athens was the first form of liberal democratic state and Sparta operated under a military communist regime, I don't know what to tell you mate. Does it go out of its way to belittle straight CIS white men? No. Does it have blacks? Yes, but none that come to mind are plot relevant, at least for the main quest. So I don't know what to tell you.

>straight CIS white men
It should be forbidden for Americans to invest new words.
It's not even your language, you took it from others, don't ruin it.

I think it's funny that Yea Forums has crafted this narrative that SJWs are the "new puritans" over animu tiddies but when a woman exercises any amount of agency over her own body at all you act completely scandalised. Your idea of sex positivity doesn't recognise women as equal partners and revolves purely around the male need to gratify their desire. Hence "sex negative" comes to refer to any woman who refuses to be your obedient slave. We can see what this is about. Animes can't say no.

It's not your language either, ESL, who are you to lecture others?

"Cis" is Latin btw

I don't know how far in we are in the Peloponnesian war. Obviously before the disease hit Athens, since Perikles is still the leader of it. There are a lot of people complaining being poor, but the period in which the events of Odyssey take place seem to be nice, warm, comfortable climate, the countryside is generally untouched and farmhands are still plentyful. I am not, perhaps, as well versed in the time period to say the how or why, but I don't think war back then had the environmental repercussions that it has today, or the large scale battles we see today. Or use to see in the not so recent past.

She just looks like shit and it's funny, stop overthinking things.

So english and latin.
Amerimutts really corrupt everything they touch.

have sex.

Crypt Worlds

What kind of person unironically wants a bowl cut? Not even as some kind of lame joke or part of a costume, just walking around in their every day lives with the most boring dumb looking hair cut you can possible get.
Hell you could give yourself a hair cut with zero experience and it would probably look better

Kill yourself, tranny.

CIS is post-USSR

Explain how it's "corrupt".

PS You should capitalise proper nouns.

Someone that is most likely insecure, wants attention but doesn't want to be like everyone else.

God, it's ridiculous how much someone can change in under two years

it's likely a statement. "haha, I am hideous to the eye, just try to sexualise me now you male scum"

CIS is an abbreviation that SJWs use to describe people who don't feel gender dysphoria. Comfortable In Skin. It's stupid, I know, which is why a lot of people, including myself, make fun of it.

>mfw

Attached: edmund-blackadder-2f9bee96-df39-411e-9e3b-6b86f811450-resize-750.jpg (480x360, 18K)

I actually like the game and thought that it was actually quiet normal and more or less free of diversity bullshit. But seeing the image of this ugly shit cunt makes me wanna punch her

>CIS is an abbreviation that SJWs use to describe people who don't feel gender dysphoria. Comfortable In Skin.
It's not. It comes from Latin "cis-" meaning "on the same side", the opposite of "trans-", "on the other side".

You're the one that's stupid, apparently.

BEAN?

Cis is the opposite of trans. Transalpine Gaul or Cisalpine Gaul for instance.

>GIRL
GIRL? DID YOU JUST ASSUMED THEIR GENDER? YOU ARE PATHETIC, GAMER!
WE GAYMERS GONNA END YOUR FILTHY KIND AT ALL COSTS! TODAY WE ALREADY WON THE WAR AGAINST THE DEGENERATE PEDOS REMOVING THEIR BASTION OF DISGUSTING WEEB IMAGES, NOW, >WE

Attached: LEQnTi6.jpg (530x800, 54K)

I don't care about their personal ideologies or whether they put them in their games or not as long as the games themselves are good.

this one isn't

Attached: 1558795665919.jpg (575x507, 52K)

"Here's the most talented individual we could find, boss. I'm sure xhe's a perfect fit for the job."

user, can be right as well as all it takes some self important hispters on social media to say that's what their definition of their term is and then that's what it becomes. To that end user probably googled it and got that as a result straight from the mouth of people that would be first in line for the gulag.

Though either way, imagine being so far up your own ass you think there needs to be a term for 98-99% of people, and that this overwhelming majority of damn near everyone everywhere is not the normal default way humans are.

Attached: 5eae816ff7230d6f47a69ea4a08909ba.jpg (347x500, 56K)

Misinformed, then. My mistake. My latin isn't that good, nor was I ever particularly interested in learning what cis meant. That was how it was explained to me, from an equally misinformed person apparently and I never gave two fucks to examine it further. I still don't give two fucks, but I know better. I'm not sure I care, though.

It's a useful term in context. Besides, it already existed.

I don't know. I have no qualms about AssCreed's direction of narrative to think she didn't do her job well enough. If anything, the PC choices tend to lead to tragic results and the non PC ones in slightly less tragic ones. Like how sparring the sick family in Kephalonia spreads the disease in the entire island, or how trying to reunite two brothers, who find themselves in opposite sides, ends in the death of both of them, if you try to reconcile them. Most of the conclusions are pretty fucking brutal, to be honest.

Why care about their personal ideologies when the game is bad?

lmao

it's not a word on its own, no. and what it represent was completely forgotten by the chimps barking it on all media

Not really

why would anyone (male, female, anything made up inbetween) EVER want to wear a haircut like this on their volition?

Attached: gwN2IBQ.png (711x590, 395K)

oof, this picture would turn any heterosexual male gay and every gay woman straight

stop writing meaningless gibberish you dip

Found the faggot.

>when you go to college

They took over the entire industry.

only AAA westoshit

Made up term, it translates to sucking the bosses dick.

the fucking state, you know she was hired because of her cunt.

Indie westoshit too to some degree.

bitch look like sims 2 char

kill women

>triggered
Must you leftists butcher every word in the english language? It doesn't mean "make fun of" or "use it to draw conclusions about the person."
80 IQ commie, go back.

language is an ever evolving toolkit. get used to it grandpa.

illiterate minority doesn't get to decide the direction of language's evolution

but the great unwashed majority will steer the direction. face it boomer, you're too old to keep up with the kids any more.

thankfully the majority is knowledgeable of what triggered actually means

like a walking meme, does she have any original thoughts?

FUCK

The West is extinct, the nu-West now reigns and begs for nuclear fire.

Attached: Nu-Western DNA.jpg (1164x1200, 670K)

In 1 year her IQ dropped by 50 points. Impressive.

Why does the extreme left go out of their way to look as fucking awful as humanly possible?

The outside must reflect the inside, it's that simple.

They're challenging your patriarchal standards of beauty, shitlord.

that's a yikes from me, dawg

The funny thing about challenging standards of beauty is that the very challenge itself recognizes and enforces standards of beauty and has to keep them on a pedestal in order to continue challenging them.
You can't whine about beauty being subjective and every time point at that precise appearance of it thus enforcing its legitimacy without looking like a contradictory mental retard. It's a funny thing i've noticed about this shit. If someone doesn't recognize a beauty standard they would be incapable of pointing it out, and the bigger the discrepancy against this logic the bigger the enforcement.

Sometimes I wish this actually was a clown-world. At least then it would be funny. This isn't funny anymore.

No wonder why the game is so much garbage.

This game ruined everything AC, even Origins and itself.
The rpg elements, dialog choices, its depth and consequences are all surface level trash. Your character has zero personality, zero morals, ideals. The mission design are simplistic minimal thought required quests and the writting doesn't help at all to keep the mundane quests entertaining. Ayla went from a spoiled millennial to a psychopath after fate of atlantis.
AC Odyssey is the embodiment of big as an ocean, shallow as a puddle

>these people still say snowflake

Attached: 1560193753555.jpg (436x399, 31K)

So is she the one that Had the fags and dykes BTFO in the first DLC? Never would’ve guessed

It was a wig, wasn't it?
No kid is that dedicated to his role.

Those fucking eyebrows

Attached: 1560788450473.jpg (974x737, 158K)

If even girls slept with more women than you, it will cause severe insecurities.

>sexless
Why do you project your SJW gymnophobia and genophobia onto others? The only ones sexless are those who get triggered about eroticism all the time and wage anti-sex crusades, like your mentally incapacitated kind.

it's so hilarious
>/pol/ is disgusted by us that means they are the triggered snowflakes h-haha! epically owned!

I believe they hired different writers for the dlcs.

is that you hamster?

The article title mentions the DLCs, though. Seems she had some sort of influence on them.

Oh my bad

You're not the majority. You're just one retard who doesn't know the definition of a word.

>Implying that's a zoomer show
It's late boomer

God, I wish I had a goth gf.

Attached: 1548533017143.png (501x500, 336K)

Brown's still cute as a button, even if she's unhinged.

Either women shouldn't go to college/uni or there should be special female-only universities. They can't control themselves.

fuuck thats a ugly woman

eat a bullet nigger