Order of importance

>Gameplay
>Game feel
>Replay value
>Music
>Story
>Graphics
>Variety

Attached: 034yej8nzdd31.jpg (940x1126, 154K)

Story>>music>>gameplay>>replayability>>>graphics

game feel...

for me Music is on top, makes me want to play the game.

>Game feel
explain because this sounds the same as gameplay

Game feel>gameplay>music>story>graphics

ever heard a game described as arcadey?

racing games sure, buts that's gameplay.

>variety
Variety is an integral part of both gameplay and replay value.

Things like how smooth the controls are, the frame rate, no intrusive glitches, bugs or invisible walls. Generally little things that improve the experience.

Gameplay are the core mechanics, the level design, the A.I., the difficulty balancing etc.

Graphics = Story > Music >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> gameplay

Attached: pp.jpg (228x221, 8K)

I thought that was just called "polish"

thats all qa features that serve gameplay

gamefeel >music=story

Gamefeel sounds like a mesh of controls and presentation

Attached: file.png (1280x720, 931K)

Go to the cinema, then, faggot.

the eternal bandwagoner.

controls is gameplay
presentation is just graphics and sound in one category

>story>>>gameplay
literal movie games

They're inextricable. The quality of the "game feel" determines how fun the game is to play, otherwise known as having good gameplay. Compartmentalizing aspects of a game when rating it is the lowest form of critique anyway, everything works together and props the other elements up. How important the individual pieces are depends on the game.

Depends on genre. Roguelikes need replay value more than other games, and lore (clumped together with story I assume) is important for any game to be immersive.
Also what you define as graphics. Does graphics encompass art style? Because some otherwise mediocre games are carried by their art style.

Oh... okay that's good then!

Do we adopt gamefeel as the new category for Yea Forums?

Some of that can be condensed. I think Gameplay prioritizes over music, sound, and visuals. How important the story is depends on the game you're making.

fun fact bubbles will always catch the reflections of windows even if there aren't any windows.

Yea Forums's obsession with gameplay is honestly pathetic. Having such a heavy focus on gameplay stems from a time where game developers had no proper writers in their teams, so having a good story was completely glossed over. This is extremely obvious when seeing how many older games had to rely on the "damsel in distress" trope as a sorry excuse for a story.
It's a good thing more females are hired for game development now, especially on the writer teams, since many of them tends to be far better writers than their male counterparts and are able to bring their lived experiences as women into their writing, creating a far more balanced and nuanced perspective into a world of fiction.

Grow up Yea Forums and just admit it. The times of Gameplay>Story is long gone and games have been better for it.

Attached: 49 20 61 6d 20 62 75 6c 6c 73 68 69 74 74 69 6e 67 20.jpg (937x915, 327K)

That's a cute cat

>Having such a heavy focus on gameplay stems from a time where game developers had no proper writers in their teams
That time is ongoing.

When are we getting proper writers finally? I'm ready for them.

>Gameplay
>Variety
>Replay value
>Graphic/music
>Story

And that's the end of it.

>Game play = Sound Design
>Story
>Music
>Quantity of Content
>Polish/Functionality
Depending on the type of game, story could easily be put lower on the list. However a good story can easily change an alright game into an unforgettable game.

Music/sound = gameplay > story > graphics

I can play a bad graphics game if it has a good/engaging story. I usually won't be able to stomach a AAA graphics game is the story is boring. Sound and game play are king though.

It honestly depends on the genre for me. For example, in an RPG I'd put story towards the top, but for something like a Rogue-like I'd have gameplay and replayability at the top.

>Gameplay
>Graphics
>Music
>Story
>Replay Value
>Variety

>replay value
>third from top
Retard with ADD.
Replayability shouldn't even be on the list. Some of the best games ever made have no replayability what-so-ever, hence "if you could forget one game and experience playing it for the first time again, what would it be?" threads.

Attached: 1b5.png (668x681, 364K)

Game feel is way underated nowadays.

I put this on casuals and women who have lower standards, therefore lowering game feels overall.

Man I played TitanFall 2, this is so good. It controls so well.

Gameplay = graphics
Anyone who says otherwise is a faggot

Literally called "video games"

Attached: 05056dc5378c928794426af724ec4b57e76bfe[1].jpg (640x920, 33K)

You're wrong, old man. It's
Politcs>>>>>>>>>>>graphics=story>music>gameplay>game feel>>>variety>>>>>replay value

>what is doom

>Gameplay
>Game feel
>Graphics
>Music
>Variety
>Story
>Replay value

just immohoa

it's almost like games can be good for different reasons that appeal to different people instead of mandatory arbitrary checklists determining every single human beings particular tastes

Gameplay

>Some of the best games ever made have no replayability what-so-ever
List some. Being linear and story-driven doesn't mean a game has no replay value at all. People read books and watch movies over again despite nothing changing, usually because the story is still entertaining when you know what happens. Some stories that appear reliant on catching you unaware have value being experienced at least one more time just to see the foreshadowing and thematic setups you may have missed initially.

yeah what about feet score

For me it's:
>Gameplay
>Game feel
>Replay value
>Anime titties
>Music
>Story
>Graphics
>Variety

Gameplay=Game feel=Replay value=Music=Story=Graphics=Variety
Fuck your bitch ass compromise

Attached: yes I love video games how could you tell.jpg (1068x601, 65K)

>

Attached: 1509495364117.webm (720x404, 2.68M)

It depends on the game and what the developer wants to actually create. Unless you're talking about your personal preference, then it depends on that, your personal preference.

Literally any other view than this would imply you think there is a specific format all forms of interactive entertainment should be, which is utterly idiotic. Myst, Devil May Cry and Tetris aren't all going for the same thing but they're all equally valid forms of interactive entertainment.

>Im not sure if bait but im taking it
what is wrong with you exactly? the main attraction of the hobby is the interactivity, good writing is just a nice to have if the gameplay holds up well and if fallout 4 for example was mechanically as good as wolfenstein but more optimised for RPG gameplay no one would have cared about its garbage story and it would have just been put as the new top ranking nuFallout game rather than below 3/nv.
More women in game development would be a good thing if they could just make what we got but with better stories and characters, having a heavy focus on your main differentiating factor from similar forms of media is both the norm and exactly how you succeed in competing with them.
Also just for faggot triggering
[Spoiler] Natural diversity>Not making any effort to change things from how they were in 2005>Blackface>SJW forced diversity [Spoiler]

>Story>>music>>gameplay
go watch movies

>>Game feel
????
Are you that same retard on /ck/ that says "mouthfeel"?

>what is Xenogears

>Xenogears
garbage

>mommy look I did it again:D

I know this is bait but play through Thief I&II, the story itself and how it was presented are in no way sacrificed for gameplay.

gameplay > graphics > story > music
anyone who says otherwise is a pretentious fag

Tell that to Tetris

Attached: 1536606002095.png (353x472, 172K)

If a game has good replay value, it inherently is rich in variety.
If the gameplay is good, it automatically feels nice. But it solely depends on what genre you're into.
Graphics and music are inextricably linked to how pleasant it is to move from one gameplay section of the game to another.

If the story is fucking garbage, there's no fucking point in playing a game to begin with. Games that rely solely on their gameplay are clinically built to stimulate you
in ways specific enough to divert your attention from the fact that you're wasting your time. Price should be proportional to how well-rounded of an experience any
given videogame is; not who and how many built it, if it was published and by whom, its availability platform and regional pricing.

All in all, best are the games where they use everything in healthy moderation. The rest is literally autism.

Attached: video game stand.png (386x876, 13K)

seething

>Fanservice
>everything else

Dwarf Fortress
Thomas Was Alone
New Tomb Raider
early access walking simulators

>Game feel

Attached: 1561615293738.jpg (362x263, 23K)

Game feel > Story > Gameplay > music > graphics > replay value

If a game is good it will make you replay it even if its the same every time

graphics > gameplay > music > game feel > story > variety > replay value