When was the last time microtransactions actually contributed to a game/the industry?

When was the last time microtransactions actually contributed to a game/the industry?

Give me one good reason the practice shouldn't be regulated or at least shunned.

Attached: 1564824241628.jpg (1024x363, 62K)

Capitalism is fucking trash.

I think Warframe has a good microtransaction model considering it's a free game, and the system's been successful enough so as to allow the game to grow well beyond its closed/open beta state from years ago.
But I don't think that's what this thread's about. This thread's about full price $60 games having $40 season passes and tons of other microtransactions. Systems like that—I agree—are horrible and greedy and seem like they would do more harm than good to a game's sales and longevity.

Attached: 1530241848783.gif (460x405, 98K)

>Dame with Ermine
>Expansion pack
It came earlier retard
It's also much better than the Mona Lisa and was actually finished

>When was the last time microtransactions actually contributed to a game/the industry?
Right now. Games are more profitable than ever. Even if we exclude the juggernaut that is mobile gaming and only focus on archaic console/PC games for comparison's sake, they still bring way more cash than ever before. You might cry about it, but that's just how it is.

This but unironically.

Attached: 1537777393475.png (1000x1000, 193K)

Who gives a shit how much money shareholders are making. I want good games.

The only acceptable microtransactions are for cosmetics.

All forms of dev/publisher game monetization from a single customer after the initial purchase should be banned, but games should adopt a more flexible pricing scheme, and not just a blanket $60 for everything. F2P games that used to rely on MTX for monetization should be e.g. $10, but the latest gigantic AAA game should be $100.

correct

Become a shareholder yourself and try to make money with ""good games"" if you so want. You'll get crushed like a bug you are, but for a brief moment you'll feel like a hero.

>b-but my game also deserves 100$ I worked hard on it
>4 years later all games are 100$

If you want flexible monetisation just do it with launch editions. I almost always pay extra for a steelbook and an artbook.

If you don't like microtransactions don't play games with them. Complaining about it on an anonymous image board does less than not playing the games.

>if you don't like global warming just don't pollute
Brainlet

Or I can just purchase indie games that are increasingly better than AAA garbage

capitalism is the worst economic system, besides all the others that have been tried

No, I'll rather become a lawmaker and watch shareholders squirm under my regulations even they're forced to make quality product instead of live service exploitation models

>t. CEO

I mean pretty much every economic system that's been tried on a global scale has been an iterative improvement on the one before it, thinking we should stop at capitalism is fucking retarded

DUDE INFINITE GROWTH IS SUSTAINABLE LMAO

>sabotages your core game with mind numbing grinding in order to sell you MTX
heh, nothin personnel

Attached: 1564827714271.png (276x361, 229K)

Learn to read ubicuck