Richard Baxton piloted his Recon Rover into a fungal vortex and held off four waves of mind worms...

Richard Baxton piloted his Recon Rover into a fungal vortex and held off four waves of mind worms, saving an entire colony. We immediately purchased his identity manifests and repackaged him into the Recon Rover Rick character with a multi-tiered media campaign: televids, touchbooks, holos, psi-tours--the works.

People need heroes. They don't need to know how he died clawing his eyes out, screaming for mercy. The real story would just hurt sales,
and dampen the spirits of our customers.

Attached: 1564788898190.png (330x393, 223K)

Other urls found in this thread:

alphacentauri2.info/wiki/Interlude.txt
alphacentauri2.info/wiki/The_Voice_of_Planet
alphacentauri2.info/wiki/The_Ascent_to_Transcendence
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

"What actually transpires beneath the veil of an event horizon? Decent people shouldn't think too much about that."

Based Centauri

Daily reminder Miriam is right, Deirde killed Captain Garland, merging with Planet fucks humanity in the long run and Sven is best boy

I always picked University

When did this "Miriam is right" thing start? For ages, Yea Forums would shit on Miriam as a fundie nutter. This is a relatively new development.

started as a joke, then conservatards took it seriously because she's a bible thumper.

Brainlet level:
>HURRR MIRIAM IS A FUNDIE NUTTER HURR LMAO CHRISTFAGS MORALFAGS
Smart level:
>You know, she actually has quite a few good points. Too bad about the Christianity shit, am I right? Wink wink.
Gigachad level:
>WE MUST DISSENT

>We are all aware that the senses can be deceived, the eyes fooled. But how can we be sure our senses are not being deceived at any
particular time, or even all the time? Might I just be a brain in a tank somewhere, tricked all my life into believing in the events of this world by some insane computer? And does my life gain or lose meaning based on my reaction to such solipsism?

>-- Project PYRRHO, Specimen 46, Vat 7
>Activity Recorded M.Y. 2302.22467
>TERMINATION OF SPECIMEN ADVISED

this is the kind of shit that scares me

Attached: 1508291065541.jpg (446x456, 39K)

"It is every citizen's final duty to go into the tanks and become one with all the people." -- Chairman Sheng-ji Yang, "Ethics for Tomorrow"

Attached: hqdefault.jpg (480x360, 12K)

>We sit together,
>the mountain and I,
>until only the mountain remains
You only say that it's relatively new because there aren't enough Alpha Centauri threads for trends to be noticeable.
I can't think of an AC thread where there hasn't been dissentposting.

Because every single leader is chasing technological progress or power regardless of whether it's good for their people except for Miriam.
Zakharov is worst in this of course, but you can see this with every leader except maybe Lal.

People have been spouting that 'bible thumper' shit forever but her quotes boil down to looking at technological development and what it means for the population by interpreting it through scripture. That's hardly a conservatives wet dream.

Miriam has been hated by most players ever since the game was released. I remember bein pointed to this game in like 2010 by Yea Forums and no one appreciated the Believers. Zakharov was the 'good guy' faction then.

People got tedpilled. Her faction is still weak as fuck though.

>tips pussyhat
Don't turn this thread into nu-political shitflinging

>Miriam has been hated by most players ever since the game was released. I remember bein pointed to this game in like 2010 by Yea Forums and no one appreciated the Believers. Zakharov was the 'good guy' faction then.
These things still hold true but don't contradict what I've said.
Just because people hate Miriam and like Zakharov, doesn't mean they can't admit she was right and Zak becomes a madman.
AC is wonderful like that.
Except I don't think I've ever seen anyone say anything positive about Santiago.
>except maybe Lal.
Lal starts as a man of the people and later turns his focus inward, both physically (Mind-Machine Interface, "thoughts cross back") and emotionally (Biomachinery, "perhaps to love her again").
So yeah he's the least awful but it echos his presentation as an ineffectual bureaucrat, that even his faults end up affecting nothing.

The 25% attack bonus is pretty powerful. In the early years, you can use it to claim a lot of territory for future growth.

just ignore the post if you don't like it ya stupid cunt

>merging with Planet fucks humanity in the long run
What actually happens/would happen when/if humanity merges with Planet? I don't know much lore outside the game itself, and Deirdre literally has the last word with the Transcendence quote.

Attached: 1547701876832.gif (189x189, 273K)

When the fuck are they going to remake this game?

alphacentauri2.info/wiki/Interlude.txt

Start at #INTERLUDE10

The winning faction takes control of Planet's neurological system, which is huge and ends up containing the sum of all human knowledge, which by the end game involves shit like singularity control and minor time control, after you blast all of it into Planet's brain.
Most of humanity ends up becoming digital versions of themselves, with all that entails, but the important part of that is people's ability to upload/download into physical avatars, which people use to travel to other star systems, like Earth's.
The winning faction's leader's physical avatar is fucking Planet itself.
They "tried" with Beyond Earth.
The world simply isn't ready.
Also consider looking at the Secret Project quotes.
alphacentauri2.info/wiki/The_Voice_of_Planet
alphacentauri2.info/wiki/The_Ascent_to_Transcendence

>interlude 18
Seems like humans are nothing more than pawns at that point, just limbs for Planet to grab at more life from. Floating around in the hivemind with no "dominant personality" sounds like hell.

Attached: 1561197906057.png (419x370, 127K)

What's the goal beyond Transcendence. Rebuild civilization and then what.

>The world simply isn't ready.
Fuck that, there are really good fucking games out there, and writers haven't all up and vanished. You won't get it with the IP, of course, because investors won't approve it. But if a dedicated team could do it.

They're still themselves, but they have very little effect on reality, if they have any sense of reality at all.
You'd be swimming in an ocean of a billion different consciousnesses. It'd probably fucking suck if you didn't have the willpower for it.
Perfect example of why serving in Heaven is a lot worse than ruling in Hell.
>I shall have need of allies, sister Minds, if I am to keep the flame of conscious thought from guttering out as the universe contracts or else expands to dust. Take with you the gift of life, the seeds of all our species. Spread them to the stars, across the galaxies, creating new civilizations, new minds, and enlisting the aid of any you encounter. Go forth, Earthanon. Go forth and multiply.
Other than safeguarding the universe from falling apart?
Whatever the hell you want.
What goals does God have?