Demon's Souls look great for a 17 year old game

Demon's Souls look great for a 17 year old game

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 75K)

Go back to playing R1spamrollspam III, fag.

Why so mad? I'm just saying it looks great for 2002.

This is a very minor fact to mention, certainly not at the top of "Great things about Demon's Souls" bullet points, but one thing that Demon's Souls does have going for it is that its control scheme pioneered the standard for 3rd person action games. This is something you take for granted because games of that era were all over the fucking place. Like, Shadow of The Colossus for example always takes me having to "relearn the controls" whenever I pick it up again after having not played for a long time.

>Demon's Souls was 17+5 years ago

Attached: 65f651d78.jpg (600x399, 27K)

I thought it was 2009. The PS3 only released in 2006.

If you actually play the game rather than posting a blurry image of a boss fight you'll notice it looks pretty terrible. The weird glow is kind of nice in a comfy way but there's graphical shortcomings everywhere and the animations are janky as fuck. Just go to Latria 3-1 and look up. Chains connected to...nothing? Cool.

Yeah. Too bad it came out in 2009

@472748375
@472748705
(you)

I know you're a shitposting zoomer who's trying to shit on Demon's Souls for not being like your favorite new games, but while it may not have been the best game technically of 2008, you seriously are underselling the way the art direction elevates the game. The armor sets, color palette, set pieces, etc are all still pleasing to look at. Especially in 4k, the ps3 really undersells some of that beauty and emulation makes it downright gorgeous.
There aren't many "graphical shortcomings", you exaggerate after getting used to better tech. It looks better than most from its time, most certainly aging better than Twilight Princess for instance. The animations are good, how exactly are they "janky"? They emulate realistic and weighty movement well.

Attached: aGunxAm.jpg (3840x2160, 1.65M)

Just beat it yesterday.
Was great, sucks final boss was worse than nashandra.

The whole point is that True King Allant is an anticlimax.

I get what they were going for, but it shouldn't have been set up as a boss encounter.
At least they learned their lesson by Bloodborne and had the "put the pathetic warped person out of their misery" be a pretty decent bossfight with Orphan and Gehrman.

This. The brownness, the stupid glow effects everywhere and the low res textures really shine in 4k.

yea I understood
but the area seemed so grand at first

Demon Souls, DS and DS2 are literally indie games with a huge budget. They all reek of jankyness and lots of half-assed mechanics mixed with uneven art style that sometimes looks good and sometimes looks horrible.

art style > graphics

Dark Souls 2 > Demons Souls

>time passes

Attached: 1537552763531.jpg (1458x960, 190K)

Huge budget? Hardly any Japanese game except made by a select few studios like SquareEnix have big budgets. There are almost no AAA Japanese games, yet they are constantly compared to western games with actually huge budgets and still manage to trump them half the time.

>There are almost no AAA Japanese games
Are you fucking retarded?

From Software, for example, has only 283 employees, while most bigger companies in the west have 2000+ employees. Most of the Souls games only sold a couple millions each which is laughable to the sales of successful western AAA games. You don't have to be a rocket scientist to estimate the budgets of the average Japanese game from this.

>Most of the Souls games only sold a couple millions each which is laughable to the sales of successful western AAA games.
Uuuh, most western AAA games "only" sell a couple million copies.

Somewhat interstingly the majority of AAA jap games were from last gen. They blew their load too fast to compete with Western devs but ended up losing ground.

As the industry grows and becomes more tailored to mobile gamers, gatchashit and indies it would not surprise me if "cinematic" AAA games start being looked at with nostalgia in the 2030s.

>while most bigger companies in the west have 2000+ employees
Very VERY few games have 2000 employees working on a single game. Even the WoW team is about 300 employees not counting their garbage Q/A team.

>you're getting older

>It's been forty years since Sony told me to get a second job

i bought demon souls when i bought ds1 years ago, but then dark souls 2 came out and i never managed to get around to playing des. ive now played every souls game but des, even a few knock offs like nioh and the surge.

Attached: 1537832657923.jpg (512x384, 24K)