Underrail

one last time: classic or oddity

Attached: jpg.jpg (690x368, 109K)

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/qXKskViq
youtube.com/watch?v=27OIzU-eVXs
forums.terraria.org/index.php?threads/terrariaxnb2png-simple-terraria-texture-xnb-to-png-converter.21822/)
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=843557165
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

whats the highest lockpick skill I'll need?

i fucking did it
it took me like two hours, but i managed to figure out the entirety of the music puzzle all by my brainlet self
i'm so fucking proud of me

Attached: music n shit.png (898x830, 37K)

Always feel sorry for bot-bro

Attached: botbro.png (450x345, 239K)

based

about 130 I believe. you can boost your effective up quite a bit though
+15 from the best pick in the game
+10 from a 3 pound suit of armor
+7 from a unique knife you get early on in the game

135 max
and you can get +32 from items

Reminder that Biocorp did absolutely nothing wrong.

Attached: 20190727003859_1.jpg (1920x1080, 275K)

Tonight on Chip's Challenge, crossing a hallway of gasoline fire and toxic gas

Attached: chip-san.png (332x431, 13K)

Attached: cuffed.png (1173x517, 75K)

Is 10 INT mandatory? I think 6 Agi, 6 Con, 10 Will, 9 INT is fine yeah?

for psi?

Are you a mathlet retard? The highest check is like 135

How do i make an op mage?

I think Chief Briggs is a big faget, should I just use this opportunity to betray aegis entirely?

encouraging exploration is good so oddity
it also makes avoiding conflict a viable option if you so choose

I DID NOT TELL THE SPIRIT MAN KNOW MY NAME
HOW DOES HE KNOW MY NAME
I WENT BY MR. OUTSIDER

Put points into Psionic skills
Don't not put points into Psionic skills
You are now a Tunnel Warlock

yes

Who are you talking about?

i'm about to start on finding the acid hunters about how far am i into this game

todd

5 is probably enough
int isn't something anyone "needs" a lot of
maybe if you were going chem pistols

To the user who asked in the previous thread, if you want to pick off enemies without pulling the entire group then cutthroat is the feat for you, it stuns an enemy for 3 turns which means they won't be able to shout for help, of course both your target and you have to be out of sight for it to work

its kinda hard to say since the games not one long linear quest
you're maybe 1/5th of the way through the main story i'd guess, maybe a quarter

oddity allows you to play the game how you want, you're not forced to kill everything that moves for xp

Do enemies notice bodies?

>needing 3 fucking turns to kill something

Depends on the order you've done the locations in

If i've beaten Crimson Meadow, is there any need to keep carrying all this pesticide?

The point of cutthroat is killing an enemy without pulling the entire map
Nope

no
if you attack someone in a protected area everyone will be hostile to you no matter how you killed them though

fetid marsh

>pistols have almost twice as much AP cost as assault rifles do
>pistols also have less than half the damage of assault rifles
why are pistols even in the game if they're gimped this hard, seriously?

i don't know what that is, but if its anything like crimson meadow
fuck

Attached: shinji.png (376x376, 93K)

firearm pistols are absolutely cucked, no one should use them

and people say Underrail isn't a good rpg

you don't need to go to fetid marsh for any reason
in fact I would advise everyone to never ever fucking go to fetid marsh the 5 exp is not worth it*

does this mean I need to help all the areas to finish the game?
After finishing depot A i investigated the foundry faceless and saved buzzer. I just now got the quest from coretech to get the acid hunters

5 exp you say?

The game isn't linear you crackhead, by that point you could have explored the entire rest of the underrail or done nothing but the required oligarch stuff.

Firearm pistols

Attached: what the fuck.png (678x841, 270K)

You've got plenty more game ahead of you

What sound does it make?

Do I pirate or do I just kill pirates?

Attached: Behemoth_Basketball.gif (359x262, 50K)

you can rush the main story if you want, but you'll end up perilously underleveled in the final area. and you can't leave the (enourmous) final area until you win, so you can literally soft-lock your game if your character is shit enough

It's a good thing that DEX reduces the AP cost of Assault Rifles just as it does for pistols.

Also pistols are great, the energy and chemical ones that is. Firearm pistols are the worst weapon type in the game.

I only did this because I was told thats how you get the good chem belt and I'm running a chem pistol build

kinda like a really deep dial tone, amusingly enough

I'll stick to my super crits, thank you very much.

nothing wrong with that

What's the best way for a stealthy melee guy to deal with cameras?

hit the camera till it stops working

>he doesnt play underrail on a crt

what are some good/cool uniques to do a build around? kinda wanna do a tin can psi monk bleed build with the ripper glove but it'd probably be shitty

stacking 20 bleed stacks in a turn sure does sound fucking silly tho

>firearm pistols
gay but this one is pretty based

Choose a character from something else you like and do that

I'm planing to use sniper rifles, energy and chemical pistols, grenades. Did I miss any good feat? Also what are hacking and crafting thresholds in expansion?

Attached: firefox_2019-08-03_12-28-32.png (948x949, 87K)

I'm using the claw right now.

the POWER FIST is fuckin cool
chugs energy like a motherfucker when you've got it powered though, but its cool

yeah I was thinking on taking that until you get the ripper or even using it outright
you using bladed armor and boots or what

my first few hours

>check all floors, find vendors
>decide i want to craft w/ mechanics
>see blueprint for hand grenade, it's 1000 credits
>go out into caves, kill some rats
>get hurt, come back, sell some shit, go back out, kill more rats
>get hurt, come back, buy blueprint. needs t.n.t and some steel plate i haven't seen before
>go out, kill more stuff

everything seems expensive and i don't know what i'm supposed to be doing really, i know my main goal but i feel like i'm playing wrong. idk it's pretty fun, wish i could zoom in

can I be a genius gunslinger and beat the game on hard?

nah just leather and some tabi
it's a neat weapon before my crafting comes online

how's the contamination effect work out?

desu firearm pistols have some potential with special ammos

it's not bad considering you get 10+ attacks per round

yeah just dick around and do whatever, don't be afraid to restart and make another build if you think it would be more fun
I've restarted 4 times until i got a build that im finally sticking with

>NOOOOOOO! Attack

Actually quite redpilled

wew
how do you go about doing a psi monk? pump dex and will for lotus and ap cost but what about strength? ignore it altogether or what?

Don't bother with buying blueprints right away and especially not for standard grenades, incendiary sure since it's just a molotov and you can find that shit laying around, but you pretty much always have to buy tnt; in which case you might as well just buy a grenade instead

Also, you really shouldn't rely on grenades
They don't do as much damage as you think and are mostly useful for their debuffs

You should've had a weapon in mind at char creation right? Just get that or something from the same branch and run with it for the first few missions. You're not going to be fully kitted for a while.

I'm max dex+agi. Not going for locus because no thought control.
Sprint blitz is fun.

This tungsten is a bit heavy don't you think?

How did you get outer visions? I didn't, even after destroying the shadowlith. Do you have to be psi for it?

what is the answer to this stig conversation puzzle? I don't want to try this much trial and error. is there a hint anywhere?

+7 initiative
No DEX requirement, have fun with crippling strike
gets crit damage from Sharpshooter

Attached: CarniSniperDOMI.webm (962x542, 2.88M)

You have to look deep into the abyss, even if it looks deeper into you.

Why'd you want outer visions for non-psi? Interact with shadowlith,monolith near the black sea entrance and stone in the snakefags' temple

>hit aegis troop with a stray shotgun pellet and now everyone wants me dead
fsjadk

how do you destroy it?

If that's the feat list you're going with definitely switch some of that shit around. No need to take crafting feats at first level with Sprint and Pack Rathound are going to be better.

guys i fucking love this game and i've barely even touched half of it

Is CON 10 for thick skull worth it on a metal armor build? I'm wondering if conditioning isn't over kill to some extent as well

The order is arbitrary. What I'm worried about is that I discarded some really good feat that doesn't look good at first sight.

Depends on what else you're running really.

okay so how the fuck do you get outer visions, body horror, and philosophy
and what are the skill reqs

I think you need high int for philosophy and talk to the ferryman.
Body horror is just from doing the lemurian medical facility.

Gun Nut kind of sucks. Look into Shooting Spree and Sharpshooter.

thanks
reading the thread a bit looks like the last one will be kinda straightforward
sorta want all of them for my current build, think 9 int will be enough for philosophy?

You can use +2 int pill for a quick philosophy boost.

yeah i am going guns/crossbow with a focus on stealth/crits, i just also took mechanics and grenades and i like the idea of grenades also i quick saved and used a grenade and holy shit it's destructive, very cool effects

I was only able to get philosophy 2 with 8 int using the +2 int med.
I assume 10 int would be enough.

I was factoring in 9 after poppin' a pill, 7 base

is this guy new?

Thanks, totally missed those. Is ambush a good feat or I can swap it and gun nut for those two? I mean it looks good on paper but it's hard to judge if it's actually usable.

Here are some builds I made. This is the portrait I use for kinetictitan.
pastebin.com/qXKskViq

Attached: 1543895558988.png (100x100, 25K)

>aggro him when I find him at a low level
>kicks me and shits on me with psionics despite not having a bar
Spooky

>Is ambush a good feat
Very.

Attached: droneslmao.webm (800x554, 2.91M)

I played like 15 hours of this game a while back. Did a sniper build and repeatedly ate shit until I just gave up. If I'm getting back into this game would it be best I buy the DLC or just do a vanilla playthrough again with a different build?

jesus this gray army base is crazy.

Can I return here? There is like 500k in loot here.

Yeah Ambush is great. Can't use it 100% of the time but when you can it gets work done.

Get rid of Weaponsmith instead. It only affects melee weapons.

I see thanks. Gonna drop weaponsmith instead then.

Sniper builds rely on specific feats to be amazing.

Much appreciated.
My favorite name is Dr. Clock.

Anyone have an updated map for the game?
Here's the one I'm using and some of the info is either wrong or outdated.

Attached: 1452274332579.png (4289x3161, 855K)

Should I just get the 10 persuade for kevin's shop? I don't want to "waste" points but any vendor that takes guns is free fucking money.

How the fuck are you supposed to infiltrate the Protectorate warehouse through the fucking docks ventilation shafts, there's so many nigger cralwers this is unreal, flares don't do shit

The games in-game map is fucking amazing now user, stop using that.

Stupid question, can i go unharmed as a viable option in this game ?
I just like to complete games this way.

Has anyone tried the new psi filters?

Oh yeah that map's outdated as fuck, can't even get to Foundry on foot from SGS

Does poison damage count as an attack?

I want to get the best Arena nickname

Up your perception with goggles and drugs.

jood job reading comprehension man

You need 30 persuasion or 10 mercantile.
10 points for a shop is nothing.

Look up the relevant feats and build towards them.

Nevermind, I just tanked a hit with a single health point left.

10 merc it is then.

There are feats that support it and you can also combine it with psi and punch things with your chakra or something.

I think there's actually only 4 on normal and one of them is isolated in its own room
flares only reveal when tossed down after that the light is useless
abuse bear traps

I thought I saw some boots that increase carrying capacity. Is there one?

not if you have no fucking clue where to go it ain't.
also core city needs its own fucking map and not just YOU'RE IN CORE CITY JACK.

Infused pig leather boots

core isn't that hard to memorize

It's not that bad. Even though I always end up in Foundry instead of Core City when I walk from SGS.

>tfw currently in the process of slaughtering the helpless women and elderly natives deep inside their camps after murdering my way in
should've just stayed away
should've let us be
STUPID fucking savages

Attached: me.png (360x351, 193K)

>last stand ends
>lurkers are still coming

I'm disappointed there isn't a single scaly warrior women among them you can kill. A thousand scaly elite fodder is nothing compared to one memorable scaly amazon bitch.

Thanks. Guess I have to pray for decent quality pig leather.

is persuasion really that bad? Is there any point in heavily investing in social skills in this game?

No, it's useful. Better endings, easier quest solutions, can solve and get stuff earlier.

das right

Attached: 20190803034335_1.jpg (1920x1080, 252K)

I'm tired of my psiker, would an emission-fisticuffs build be fun?

I mean, the issue is, you need to hit certain breakpoints to do stuff you could probably have done with a bit more leg work anyway. Those are points you could have put into making your character better in some way. At least merc increases shop inventories, making getting good gear much easier, and makes your money stretch farther in addition to being useful for a lot of dialogue.

I made a guns build but I want to know if it is viable in general, or If I have fucked up and what might fix it. I am not trying to avoid combat all together, I just like stealth and want to use it to facilitate controlling when and who I engage in combat. I know crossbows and light armour are good for stealth staying completely hidden, but I want to be able to hold my own a bit better in a straight up fight so I planned to use an AR and medium armour.

Since the spam detection is crap I am going to have to format this link in a really stupid way.
First I used the build planner at underrail *dot* info *dot* tm *slash* build *slash*.
And on the end of that link should go ?GQcHBwYHBQf followed by ChxQAAB5V followed by wofCh8KHAM and then KHwofChw and next AAAAAAAAAAA and ending in CRhOzkVW0kIKFlLThkP , and hopefully this finally beats the spam system.

Attached: 05c7f0138066dd7dadbb7da79d286da4.jpg (3072x2048, 841K)

just take a picture

Can I be an unarmed psi monk that runs up to people and punches them to death? Is there some sort of energy shield that will give me protection to do this along with extra AP for sprinting and the unarmed damage perk? Does not seem feasible.

Also didn't get to it yet, what does temporal shit actually do? some sort of repeat attack?

Do I need to kill every Swede in the village or just their head priest in the temple?

You need 110 Persuasion for the hardest check, so you absolutely shouldn't heavily invest into it.

that sounds fun, thanks

> Can I be an unarmed psi monk that runs up to people and punches them to death? Is there some sort of energy shield that will give me protection to do this along with extra AP for sprinting and the unarmed damage perk?
yes

yes and yes to both of those, and it is a viable build as well

I remember being pretty disappointed with the persuasion options in this game. They're few and not particularly rewarding.

Are crafting skills even worth it, they seem like a waste of skill points which are too limited, I feel like it would have been better to invest in hacking.

Do you guys still use your apartment at SGS?
Or have you moved somewhere else? Not necessarily an actual player home, it can just be a hut you took a liking to.

As for actual player homes; I haven't gotten very far story wise since I'm an exploration nerd so I don't know if something happens to your apartment or if you get another one somewhere else

Does attacking out of stealth even do anything? I find any time I pull it off I just have less AP

>Paypig doesn't want to be self reliant

Oy vey, pipeworker. Are your stygians that heavy? How about you let Ratty Moldstein hold on to them for you?

Core City house.. Praise Allah for the rift in the basement, it was painful to get there pre-Expedition.

Well I wanted to link so that people could also use it if they wanted to and since I thought it would be easier to modify, but you are right

Attached: Untitled.png (1918x957, 136K)

No

Get to wherever you want to stand at combat's start and hit Enter (Or just quickly mouse over to the bottom right) and attack like you would in normal combat. You get all the benefits that way without getting gimped.

now this is podracing

Attached: beetles.png (617x320, 309K)

your alpha strike ignores enemy dodge if you're running melee

>he pays in extremely limited skill points and not unlimited stygians

>unlimited stygians
I'll be here laughting at your from my Devastator, poorfag.

at the very least get electronics and 15 mechanics for shield emitters and plasma grenades

Attached: oDWfh2E.png (311x348, 52K)

Which jetski is the coolest?

>new playthrough
>.44 pistol is the first weapon found
I can't believe psy beetles could be so easy to kill.

Attached: 5fb0e032d682.gif (350x272, 170K)

Patroller. Them wing mirrors.

Sounds worth it.

Is there anyway to get cybernetic implants?

Seen a few fuckers walking around with wires and and metal plates stuck to their head, and I'm getting jealous

Stolen Protectorate Cruiser

Your stats are spread way, way too thin.
Drop Dex and Int down to 6. Dump Will down to 3. Put those points into Per and Con.
All of your skills except Guns can be cut down by a hefty margin. If you want to use medium armor like riot gear you don't need Dodge or Evasion at all.

goddamn it
NOT LIKE THIS
I'VE COME SO FAR IN THIS FIGHT

Attached: 20190803210849_1.jpg (1600x900, 306K)

No, but Styg's probably received the suggestion enough that he'll definitely maybe add it in the next expansion in three years time.

>tfw jetski is 500 pounds over encumbered
>tfw no camp supplies left
it hurts
but its worth it
I've got it bros
the acorn

>load scrap jetski up with 2000000kg of goods
>tow it with freighter

Uh attention all merchants, or shopniggers as I've taken to calling youse, please have more currency on hand to buy my sack full of blood stained loot, thank you.

Should've wasted all of your skill points of mercantile.

He asked what the highest lockpicking is that he needs, obviously it's not 130, you stupid faggot.

>None of the unique pistols are silenced

STTTYYYYYYYYGGGGG

no, go with 8 INT, 3 CON and higher AGI.
High constitution on a stealthy character doesnt make much sense ( and 6 agility on a non-stealth psiker also doesnt make sense )

What do i play for the lich feel?

Alright, I'm about to play this game for the first time.
Any basic shit I need to know?

Tips for a new player?

max con, max psi

just be yourself man

alright
I got the acorn
what can I do with it? how do I meet the weeb swordsman

>All of your skills except Guns can be cut down by a hefty margin
Would that even be worth it? What would I put them into if I did cut them down? I heard that the social skills are worthless and the other tech skills are only really good for hording money by not buying consumables. Also I thought max stealth would be necessary what with wearing medium armour and still wanting to control combat.
>If you want to use medium armor like riot gear you don't need Dodge or Evasion at all.
Will it give no benefit at all or will it just be minor?

don't put points in too many abilities, also be sure to read up on what the stats do and plan ahead which feat you want if you don't want to restart, you get a stat point every 4 levels and a feat every 2

Conceive
Believe
Achieve

Yeah don't even try to spread your skill points too much and don't expect to resolve anything peacefully.

grind it up and snort it

>don't expect to resolve anything peacefully
aw, but i love talking myself out of situation in games. so it's really combat focused?

the combat is the main draw of this game anyway

don't you love it when your flashbang hits nobody but yourself?

>don't expect to resolve anything peacefully
There's plenty of situations you can resolve peacefully though, just not all of them.

>75 throwing
>STILL sometimes just throwing at my big toe instead of the cluster of angry Lurkers across the room

real men use melee.
or guns.
or traps.
anything but psionics really.

t. empathlet

>that guy that got gibed by friendly fired
it also happened in my game yesterday and I laughed out loud, it's fucking hilarious, the fella also killed a dog that was about to tackle my shit

t. alien AIDS victim

do not trust his lies

Yes. No matter how high your speech skills you'll have to fight a lot so you need to learn combat skills. You still can resolve matters peacefully on numerous occasions but most of the time the things trying to kill you don't even understand words.

just keep playing
push your current build as far as you can
don't be afraid to start over
learn through experience
you will learn to manage everything as long as you pay attention to them
don't be afraid to look up a guide

I'v only interacted with the Shadowlith monolith and still got Outer Visions.

>timelaspsevertigo.exe has stopped responding
What the fuck is a timelapse vertigo?

I've played the game blind once, took me 77 hours to do everything and I loved it.
the only real challenge was Carnifex, I remember going through all of the arena in one sitting before him.
I played an AR/smg dude, he was pretty good and tough, will most likely go for psionics next, tho I'd very much want to try shotguns or spears to.

Original name of Underrail.

When time passes really fast and you get dizzy.

Jesus fucking christ, how big is this savage camp? Its at least 10 maps large so far and theres no real sign of it ending
I have easily killed over a hundred of these motherfuckers and they're getting progressively more scaley and tentacley the deeper i go
pic related has been completely fucking invaluable, btw

Attached: plasma 3.png (441x288, 11K)

youtube.com/watch?v=27OIzU-eVXs
cool, the more you know

Are all melee builds so frustrating on dominating? Spear seems very annoying and does shit damage if you keep missing spear throws or impale. How would chem pistol compare to melee builds on dominating?

can you completely encumber a jet ski?

I think it's always going to move at slowpoke speed at least. But go ahead, try it.

give me a psi/spears build

Crafting will produce better shit than you would hack for.

will Aran still ambush you even after you've denied his offer then gave away the acorn to someone else? or do I need to keep it on me until he ambushes me, then I'm safe to trade it off?

Where do i get the bolt quiver?

pirate pinners are the most consistent drop for it

thanks user

why not investing in both hacking and crafting?
And lockpicking too. It's not like you can open stuff without it.
You only need a single weapon skill anyway.

>3 (THREE) magic bugs
>the best I've got is one grenade and weapons that deal 1-3 dmg
I feel like I've taken a wrong turn somewhere...

Protip: their defenses go to shit once they expose their brain.

Can thought control stuff be resisted? Only got 3 will and nothing else to really put points in but considering going with it for enrage and mirror image

is there any food that increases detection?

Will killing gorsky in the black crawler assault make SGS hostile to you?

Good to know, though I could've sworn I was shooting at the one who was mindraping me. This Newton kid better be there somewhere.

stuffed bats
anyone? cmon, man

This stupid fuck just doesn't know how to die.

Attached: 20190803053400_1.jpg (1920x1080, 325K)

he has too much HP.

this game looks cool

Are you roleplaying as a hot girl?

I loved this game but last played it in 2016. Tried to start again now but all my save games are gone, do I have any other option but to start over? My build included traps, dual-SMGs and high mobility, don't suppose anyone had a similar build? Can you even share save games?

Game has changed a lot since 2006 it's better to start new game even if you find the old saves.

is "the claw" a good weapon?
what feats should i get for my dex punching man? im thinking combo next.
is taste for blood any good? it sure feels like it.
deflection, improved unarmed?

Attached: ff.png (1920x1080, 359K)

Goddamnit. I had 70+ hours on my saves. Thanks for the info

protip: don't fight psibugs when they are in group because they buff each other and use stronger shit
go back and then go left

Where can I find this bad Jackson? Is it in the DLC area?

Attached: red dragon.jpg (433x752, 135K)

Attached: getfuckedmushroom.png (1263x312, 490K)

how the fuck do i deal with gsm as an unarmed psi character? i deal almost zero dmg to the bots

After you acquire the acorn an edgy individual will request a meeting with you in core city to buy it off you for big bucks but you can refuse and have the sword instead or refuse entirely and he'll ambush you and you get his armour and weapon

isn't there a psi magic that deals mechanical damage?

i went for oddity, which is nice but at the moment i feel like it sucks.
Someone told me that i should be lvl 8 at depot A and that it's easy to get lvl 10 before that and i'm barely level 7. So i guess i need to go exploring and/or doing quests that i haven't found yet cause i got my ass hande to in depot A.

Stealth + lockpicking for vent crawling and popping open the trap door. If stealth isn't an option, try to abuse the security cameras to lure the bots to a corner of the map while you dash around them.

I've already denied his offer, can I trade it off now and he'll still ambush me? or do I need to keep carrying it? I just don't want to trade it off and end up walking around for 5 hours and not getting the opportunity to fight him, then having to load a save.

Level up a bit and you'll get a skill that makes all mech fights trivial. Electrokinesis Also bots can't open doors.

will i have such big problems against heavy armored characters as unarmed melee for the whole game? or does it go away after i get expose weakness?

My god, northerners are soft as fuck. I bet they buy their meat from a grocery store.

Attached: 20190803060544_1.jpg (1920x1080, 509K)

Expose weakness will help, and electric psi abilities tear bots up. You could also craft or buy a taser, a combat utility tool that is useful when fighting the living too. In general, more options become available as you get deeper into the game, giving you more answers for all kinds of enemies. Even though you're unarmed, don't forget that your high melee skill means there's no reason you can't keep a melee weapon on hand to counter stuff your fists struggle against.

i can only confirm that i had it on me when he attacked me in my basement but it's probably something like a 1 hour wait after you deny him that the attack happens

>get behind door
>open door
>premed
>electrokinesis
>close door
>wait for premed
ez

thanks a lot man, I got about 1000 pounds of gear to lug to the core, so that'll keep me busy while the timer is going.

Beats eating barrel soup, then dying from a plague anyways.

>he hasn't tried biocorp oil barrel soup
oh I'm laffin

Grenades

What are the ways to get levels with oddity xp?
quests and just exploring/searching through shelves and such ?

would this game work on a potato laptop?

yeah
pretty much
look for piles of rubble on the ground, I have never not seen one give an oddity

What's Styg's official stance on modding, has he said it's hard to implement/unlikely to happen, or did he flat out say he doesn't want it and it's not happening?

How do I get naval jousting and the more advanced jet ski feats?

His official stance is that it would take too much time and will probably never happen, but he is not categorically against it.

you can meet a guy across the river from camp hathor you can learn it from. you need the basic jetski combat feat first though. you can learn one from ladelman as well, and I imagine more from the pirates if you decide to go that route.

Do I have to Ski there or can I just walk to him?

you have to jet to meet him, can't cross the river otherwise

hahaha he doesn't have TM on a psi build look at him and laugh

Attached: manipulationlet.jpg (800x450, 40K)

How's the expansion? Is there any cool exploration to do?

Oh yes, there is.

Attached: carnicuck.png (1921x1082, 1.41M)

Phew, I can keep a glimmer of hope then I guess. Considering the modest visuals and relative simplicity of the game it would be pretty incredible if it got opened up to modders.

>can't hire yahota to be your companion to take to DC after finishing expedition
shit game

ok thanks... need like dunno, 8 oddities for lvl 8 and i don't feel like going to depot A before that

What do I do once I finish with Rail Crossing? And where do I find a good psionic headband parts merchant? I need a decent universal psi part to craft a headband. Level 15 at the moment due to wandering around, finishing Abram's quests in Junkyard, and doing all of the Rail Crossing and Hathor stuff. Haven't touched Core, Foundry, or anywhere else, though I've found a bunch of the places.

It's just my opinion, but I think it would be a waste of time. Underrail's audience is too small to attract a modding scene. Maybe we'd get a few small graphics and balance mods, but then it'd all fizzle out.

I got the gist of how their psi buffing works, but it's not like I could split them up in a tiny building - or so I thought until I employed some door strats. I fucking love doors now.

and so I have done everything I can within the game without fighting crawlers. it is now time for the ultimate test, it is the only way to proceed

lul what build? onli non-psi struggle with crawlers

I have 300 hours clocked in underfail and refuse to come back for the DLC because i'm burnt out. Convince me to come back.

well go to core city and continue with abram
do main quest a bit, then go do some foundry shit

check the electronics merchants for the headband. ezra, core city, theres also one in foundry

Leave. See if I give a fuck.

crossbow/machete hybrid
I hate fighting them so god damn much, I have a autism database in my mind from previous playthroughs of all crawler locations during quests. I have done nearly everything I can short of killing balor and geezer ford's fishing quest

shotguns

If it happens I plan to get into it and shore up a whole bunch of quests and missing options that should be available, off the top of my head:
- Allow you to go and tell Praetorian Oligarch that Simmons' kid killed his Son even if you work for another company.
- Improve the Drones quests by removing the false dichotomy with the train hijacking, add alternate Drones/Protectorate quests that involve being a mole for either side.
- Allow a player that gets mutied to go to the mutie colony and trigger an end game sequence rather than just being stuck in a ruined save.
- Fix some cringy/daft dialogue in some areas.
- Create maps in areas where structures are implied but not accessible such as the Omega base that spans between the bandit camp near GMS and the water map on the opposite side.

That being said I'm not that hopeful that it'll happen, but I'd enjoy tweaking and adding little things.
At that stage if I want to level up a bit more or search for stuff if the vendors are stiffing me for materials I generally:
- Do the preliminary Scrappers quests to steal the disk from Elwood, this nets 4 or 5 between quest XP rewards and oddities you find in his house/his corpse if you don't pickpocket him.
- Explore the Underpassages, Upper Caves and Lower Underrail areas as much as possible, you can explore a fair bit but you'll eventually run into rock walls or soft barriers of Ironheads/Lunatics/Lurkers.
- Sneak around in the Burrower den where that injured guy is to find oddities, though fighting Burrowers is generally a no-go before getting a shield.

I don't even know what the main quest is at this point. Should I start the DLC yet?

main would be helping gorsky in the core city
lvl 15 is just right for the expedition. you can go back anytime if you had enough of jetskiing

i just did the steal the disk quest, i think i got a total of 2 xp from that. although i might have gotten more (been a while since i played and my save was sort of midway through the disk quest)
i guess i should go back to that first town and go through the caves there, no clue what the area is called but i remember there being a lot to explore when i did some sort of quest at the bottom floow of the town.
Currently in that burrower building, getting my ass handed to me from the combats (generally 5 spawns + 2 burrowers in each encounter)

hows the balance in this game? is it like arcanum where theres a couple couple broken builds, a few playable, and the rest are garbage?

Does Underrail have a good sense of verticality in its maps? I really want to play something like Wasteland or Silent Storm again.

Lots of viable builds. Magic is the strongest, but that's most any rpg.

>sense of verticality in its maps
Care to be more specific.

Multifloor maps, ie having enemies above you.

no

if you build right literally every weapon route is strong in it's own right by mid-late game, there's a few that stand out and have an easier time in early game but the pure amount of options is what this game has going for it

>Allow a player that gets mutied to go to the mutie colony and trigger an end game sequence rather than just being stuck in a ruined save.

pretty neat idea

styg should unironically do this imo, it doesn't seem like it'd take too much time considering the ending slides aren't voiced

There are maps that have upper or lower transition points within the map. They're relatively uncommon though. And they don't usually factor into battle tactics.

no the game is built entirely around a 2 dimension plane, changing floors is an area transit

The prices on shells are literally killing me.

get 20 chem and make your own

When do I get my first energy shield, or the means to craft them? Just opened up Depot A but I haven't actually gone in, gonna level up a bit.

arcanum is magnitudes more broken than underrail

I remember my temporal archer being able to fire enough arrows to kill the boss several times in one turn

Post your portraits

Attached: death2cornrows_l.png (100x100, 30K)

>chem
Hold on a second, are there fancy explosive /incendiary shells?

I'm thinking about picking up paranoia for that but im not sure it is of any use against deathstalkers

Where do you fellas get the cool portraits?

No

Only difference between ammo types is ammount of pellets
3p for heavy armor
20p for soft
6-12p for everything in between

make em

Attached: cmon.png (1366x768, 737K)

Attached: Z926_l.png (100x100, 22K)

I would recommend editing a vanilla one so that it doesn't feel off compared to npc portraits

You can find the base game portraits in the game's directory.

Just copy paste the whole list into a folder and download an xnb converter
(forums.terraria.org/index.php?threads/terrariaxnb2png-simple-terraria-texture-xnb-to-png-converter.21822/)

After that, just plug it into photoshop and go nuts

Slightly disappointing, though I didn't expect anything different.
But how does chemistry figure into it then?

gunpowder (in theory)

in practice you're just dumping tnt into crafting menu

>stack Temporal Distortion on the hive from max range
>it just pops that thing, sometimes without even spawning locusts
>even if locusts are spawned, most of them will get fucked by ripples
nice

Ezra will sell the blueprint after you hand in the armadillo drill part, if you get lucky one of the merchants could carry one of them before that

Oh. I understand everything now.

Attached: 1455476078073.png (442x455, 140K)

You can get one in the Arena

After the drill quest you can head to rail crossing and kill the greenigger outside buzzer's store for a free one

Just do your best to kill him in one turn if you're under leveled. Use whatever high damage grenades traps or skills you've got. Cause he'll activate his shield on first turn, and make himself significantly harder to kill.

based and distortionpilled welcome to the stacking club

Should I buy the DLC expansion and jump into the game?

Yes.

yes, you get more options even in the core content, items, feats etc

So we can all agree that Psychocuks are inferior to us Tranquilchads, yes?

Is Future Orientation worth taking?

Attached: 1555204716310.png (364x362, 85K)

Thinking about trying Dr. Clock but how did you pick Tranquility as a level one feat? I thought you can't pick it up until you take the psi pill?

>expertly cheese my way through psi beetles
>get to Newton
>he's dead
Shit I didn't even know that could happen.

Neither did I

Did you take any screenshots?

Wait, what?

what the FUCK is that requirement

Attached: 1536217688617.jpg (583x298, 67K)

is the combat in this game actually any good?
too many tactics games devolve into camping in a corner (e.g. ja2), and then there are those that dont even pretend to have strategy (fallout)

>The toxin is notoriously hard to extract and handle.

Camping in a corner is a strategy ofc but you can just go balls in with the right build

Just had a corpse laying there "Newton's Corpse."
Looted it, went back and turned in the quest.

That really depends on the build. It's a no brainer for tempo snipers since it allows for very frequent Aimed Shots for example.

>"mid game expansion"
>loot and requirements are beyond end game tier
What did Styg and co. mean by this.

holy shit as a machete guy those spiders made me want to kill myself. i knew i should've taken escape artist

i don't have to go back through there after finishing the nexus right

It surely doesn't feel like a mid game expansion. I feel like it should be tackled around when you're good enough to kill Cornifex.

There's a lot of kiting and chokepoint abusing.
Pretty much the only 'camping' build is AR with heavy armor because you have enough range to not chase enemies around while being sturdy enough to be able to tank while not having any melee penalty that snipers and crossbows have.
All other builds use mobility either as means to get into optimal range, kite or chase down enemies as melee.
Also there's a lot of various combat utilities.

But carnifex is mid game.

PUNCHMAGE

>place thermodynamic destabilization on the hive
>blow it up
>destabilization destroys spawned locusts
I dread thinking about going through this place with a melee.

That's mid game, user.

Surprising amount of group combat capability for melee

spear has it's spin and spear guard
punch has deflect and most likely spells/super high dodge and evade
swords and knives have save scumming

i just turned on my shield and threw a low tier grenade at my feet whenever i got done with the hive

How are the spear/psi hybrids, by the way?
Using the spirit staff both for casting and fighting sounds pretty interesting.

>kill carnifex with ease
>struggle with ironheads
damn damage resistance

they're broken

spear=top tier melee
psi=only means of getting buffs without dumping skill points and time into making medicine

pretty hard to go wrong if you decide on it

what weapon type are you using?

leather gloves

from a style point of view, does using tabis with riot gear make me a fag

Absolutely, but to be fair tabis don't really go with any armor.

do coil spiders have fucking perfect vision or something? they instantly see me no matter what even when stealthed.

>full plate armor down to the shins
>lime green bedroom slippers

spiders are bullshit

Tabis make you a gigantic fag by default as far as looks go.

greater coil spiders have pretty good detection.

>emps your shield
>stuns you with electrokinesis
heh, nothin personnel human

They are one of the reasons the game balance beyond normal is shit, getting your entire inventory EMP'd is just tedious bullshit.

just locus lmao how are stuns even real

>certain feats are mandatory
shit game design

Locus doesn't have anything to do with EMP

Classic: Hunter, make your own choices, create your own pacing as you go, like a man.
Oddity: Gatherer, let a game dictate your experience to a T, memory minigame where all you have to do is go to the same places every playthrough to collect your xp. Predictable and safe.

Attached: 1564511478379.png (1020x1092, 31K)

>What is Thick Skull
>What is bullhead
>What is just killing the spider before it stuns you since it takes them a whole turn to EMP, or just killing it before it uses EMP to begin with

Attached: 1564132153217.png (500x500, 12K)

>getting EMP'd on DOMINATING as energy pistol build

Attached: B5JUhG8CUAAd2b1[1].jpg (600x490, 54K)

I just one shot them in ranged in stealth. They are usually spread out for that kind of tactic.

>He plays PSI

Attached: images.jpg (237x213, 10K)

What sort of build should I be going with the first time through?

Are speech-style skills useful in this game?

>chill around on my comfy freighter
>come across some empty island
>sit around and fish for a while
>everything is comfy and chill, Aegis are patrolling around
>fucking natives attack the camp again, forcing me to return and endure this gauntlet once more
What can i fucking do to stop those attacks
Just genocide all the fucks or something

Attached: 1548053706095.jpg (1024x570, 65K)

>game balance
>single player
Yikes

this has to be bait
classic is basically bitch mode with how fast you level
no wonder Yea Forums, the most casual board on the web fights for it

you can resolve a fair few situations peacefully, and if you want ideal RP outcomes sometimes persuasion etc can help a lot but you HAVE to fight hard battles at some point. Even if you go stealth + full social skills to avoid combat you will still be facing hard battles. You need to spec your character to be combat ready or you will get fucked over at some point in the game (typically depot A).

yes

Not classic's fault that you have no self-control and start grinding the moment the games lets you babe.

carnifex is wearing fucking nothing, how does he resist 800 damage from a sniper shot?

You're going to restart a few times almost 100% guaranteed so just use whatever feels fun to you.
Game can be beaten with ANY build unless you're playing DOMINATING.

user, half of this setting is fucked up with Biocorp toxins and alium aids, he is probably a mutant like that dude at Depot A.

Its rare the rpg where you never have to fight even if you are a face, why would anyone assume no combat?

Is Classic really that much easier?

So whats the deal with smart goggles? I tested them and found no difference in the special damage I deal with aimed shot vs not equipping them.

every rpg is easier when you can max level way before your supposed too
The game was made with oddity in mind, even the dev said its the correct way to play

i don't think people are assuming no combat it's just that they're probably thinking it's like fallout new vegas where you can be comparatively shit at combat and still do fine in the game because the game's easy unless you max the difficulty

U cant go wrong with pure psi. For the first time playtrough it's stupid proof and fun.

Social skills are for the most part useless, at best you can use it like few times, to bypass a fight in a game where you will be mostly fighting anyway, at worst it just gives you some roleplaying fluff.

Invest into crafting instead, it is suprisingly really usefull or into trowing, or literaly anything else.

Don't care about oddity/classic that much but when you take the dev's words as gospel remember it's the same guy who thinks PSI is balanced and hasn't touched it in literal years.

i'm doing a classic run right now because i'm bored of oddity and I'm finding I'm about 2 levels ahead of where I usually am with oddity but I haven't done any grinding, just playing like I normally do. Yeah it's helpful and makes the game easier but it's not that bad. Lack of balance aside I kind of prefer not having to do all the oddity searching shit, especially picking/hacking every container to get FUCK ALL.

No its an over-exaggeration to help support the argument of playing oddity. Being a couple levels higher only makes the game marginally easier. If you truly want easy mode, you need to make an OP build like psi. If you have a shit build, you are still going to have a hard time even on classic.

The truth is it depends on how much exploration you decide to do. If you explore the entire map, then you will get overleveled by about 5 levels compared to an oddity (This is a guess). Whereas if you do just stick to the main quest you will probably be about the same level as an oddity player that are forced to explore more of the game. So everyone's experience is going to be different.

Is AR/Riot armor/Temporal/Crafting (Mechanics, Tailoring, Bio?,Chem?) Persuasion, Mercantile, Lockpicking, Hax, Throwing? - spreading myself too thin?

can you classic niggers stop pretending that killing rathounds in caves isn't 50% of your gametime?
especially early game?
you're pathetic

Why is always the oddity players losing their shit and throwing around insults when someone tries to enjoy his game in a different way than his?
Just chill my dudes

>throwing insult
I just described how you play the game, if you think that's insulting that's telling

its a singleplayer game
if he wants 1 thing to be really good, who cares but if he says this option is literally the thing the game was based around. that matters.

post exothermic aura sanic

creeper? aww man

Attached: 20190803113707_1.jpg (200x112, 12K)

>"Can you classic niggers stop pretending that early game is early game?"

if you're not using acid guns why take bio? For mercantile at most you need 80 effective to unlock all the best shit from merchants and after that you can ignore it

fucking wrong pic

Attached: 20190803113707_1.jpg (1920x1080, 424K)

where do I get the blueprint for plasma grenades

Do I have to kill my way through the Grey Army Base? I have no stealth but this is just a slog

Attached: 1442384396699.jpg (700x525, 231K)

Can you get to 16 ap spear basic attacks?

I found one at the coretech vendor. I think I also needed a merch check to get the good stuff.

Tips for killing Gray Army Spec Ops enemies?

I want their armor, but get stomped trying to get it.

Soldier uniform south-east locker, i believe the locker is unlocked by default, then later on you can find an officers uniform.

How do i open all the 100 hacking locks in the nexus of technology if i don't have hacking?

Can you even pass through persuade check with Abram? Or do you have to delibrate dodge his quests until you get to higher level?

You don't, but sometimes there are vents you can use.

should i play on oddity or classic?
oddity is highlighted by default, is this the "canon" way to play the game?

so should I just bail then? I've explored every floor and unlocked everything I could but don't have hacking/lockpicking. Can I not do the music puzzle?

>30 mins later
>Still butt tickled
What did ching chong mean by this?

Attached: 1564535315532.jpg (720x687, 27K)

Styg has stated MANY times that oddity was the way he designed the game to be played. He only left in 'classic,' and is on record for stating that you will max-out your level and abilities with classic far faster than you would with Oddity- but Oddity is the way the game is designed to be played.

If you can't use the vents like I said, then you can't. You need either hacking or vent crawling. I don't remember if the mickey's office requires a lock pick or not. I think its open.

Stopping my shot gun build because i just dont enjoy it, played the first time in 2015 as a psi punch monk and ran a train on the entire game. Are stealth/trap/crossbow build fun? I dont care about optimizing combat as much as having a large box of tools i can combine in creative ways to win combat encounters. The shotgun build just felt like a one trick pony of shooting people point blank in the face.

Not far faster. It depends on how much exploration you decide to do. Whereas oddity players are forced to explore to get levels.

Play on Classic. That way you don't have to pick and poke at every single fucking barrel and footlocker and box in the game in the off chance it's hiding a random Oddity. The difference is so minimal in terms of leveling, and the Oddity fags parrot this shit every thread when at most you'll be a level or two above the curve, which makes virtually no fucking difference whatsoever.

Its a fun build.

I'm merely paraphrasing the intent of the game's creator, when he was asked the same question multiple times. He has said you level 'far faster' with classic than with oddity.

>That way you don't have to pick and poke at every single fucking barrel and footlocker and box in the game in the off chance it's hiding a random Oddity
You literally get guaranteed XP for lockpicking in classic

dial 8

>overlevel everything
>doesn't make a difference
Okay dude, we get it. your shit and just trying to defend how bad you are

nothing comes close to psi, honestly underrail would be way better if psi was locked until you complete the game without it
completely ruined all other builds for me, they're so fucking gimmicky

t. gained 3 levels fighting through the arena

Oddity fags crawling out of the woodwork because no one plays on their shitty mode and they can't cope with Classic being better brings a tear of laughter to my eye every time.

Attached: 1542950631575.jpg (500x321, 108K)

I'm in the gray army base, am I meant to be able to fight the spec ops guys or what? I'm getting hit by ~200 damage sniper crits and ~200 damage grenade throws, if both of those happen I'm dead. Am I just missing something or what? I thought I had passable armour and 10 constitution, but I'm just getting slaughtered no matter what I do.

Oddity is the correct way to play the game. Classic is a pre-release relic that exists for the kiddies who have a tantrum when they don't get their instant gratification-- in this case earning XP for literally everything and being overpowered.

most people play oddity, you're just one streetshitter begging for (you)s

When will they recover?
Feels good being ClassicChad

What are your thoughts on doing a psi build is it viable?

it literally isn't worth the effort even in classic and i'm saying this as an oddityfag. oddity's main advantage is that it makes exploration more valuable but if you already know what's out there classic is a good alternative. the experience isn't that much different unless you actually try to grind levels at which point you're like the retards who try to grind in SMT: Nocturne to be overleveled for matador

imagine being you
a streetshitter virgin who has to samefag himself for days

Psi is very strong and definitively viable. If you go to the "Builds" section of the official Underrail forums there's a good thread up about playing a psi character.

have a portrait fellow spec ops friend

Attached: hood_l.png (100x100, 35K)

>tfw doing Depot A for the first time with only 10 points in traps
>if my shitass character survives a fight he immediately steps on a land mine
>reload and sidestep the mine that killed me
>step on a different landmine 5 paces away
>repeat
Don't get me started on those fucking mutants once you get topside

Attached: 1408392841728.jpg (573x1200, 738K)

Psi breaks the entire game in half, it's broken OP and trivializes everything start to finish.
It's easy mode.

Motion detection goggles dude.

Based schizo

the true XP system to use is oddity for the first run, to encourage you to explore all corners of the game, and classic on subsequent runs to avoid slogging through the game

Attached: 1469099298088.jpg (771x547, 107K)

Get some goggle dude.

toss a grenade and pop them all

tchort bless coretech and tchort vendors

Attached: gear.jpg (1675x917, 483K)

That speerhead has no business being that sexy
Giv

You speaketh evil. Once one has chosen a side in the oddity/classic war, there can be no common ground.

whats the point of the bigger energy cells? Even with a 120 plasma core the highest energy capacity I've seen is 150

Jet Skis.

what the hell this doesn't look easy

Jet ski fuel.

>not smart amplified plas pistol
boo

Look guys, i just wanted a fun RPG but wtf is this? Arena is already kicking my ass hard enough i don't want to do equations to complete a game.

Just make your own core city map that's like one of the only areas without a map.

nexus of technology 7th floor desk iirc

Attached: 1554632244607.jpg (640x480, 49K)

Coretech vendor sells it.

>go to the serpantborn base to do some barbarian cleansing
>there are women and elders who dont even fight back
wtf styg why would you do this

So I just found a riot overcoat in that place with stalkers right outside the SGS.
Am I an invincible god now?

An optional puzzle.

Sounds like you are, zoner.

>want to side with other oligarchs sometimes
>coretech shop is head and shoulders better
This isn't balanced Styg.

If it has a high bullet resistance you will be pretty invincible in the early areas.

It's just another electronics shop in a sea of electronics shops, get over it. They don't even get their own exclusive dungeon like JKK and Praetorians do.

>get over it
Fuck you didn't have to put me on blast nigga.

Attached: Aiko_l.png (100x100, 36K)

I'm not, I'm just telling you there's a ton of good electronic merchants anyways. Ezra, Halim, Buzzer, Kiro, etc.

Wait, the super special vendor is just an electronics shop? Yea Forums almost convinced me to go Coretech this time.

whats a good stealth build

any build that doesn't use armor above 40% base AP

Knife assassin. High Dex and Agi.

And none of them are as good as the coretech vendor.
It is, it's the highest quality electronics merchant in the game.
Preatorians are also 'just a gun shop' and JKK is 'just a stealth shop'.

Sniper, psi, crossbow, SMG commando, unarmed, knives, psisniper, psicrossbow, psimonk

The only builds that directly benefit from maxed stealth are crossbows and snipers because of Snipe.

>get hit by crippling strike
>"wait why am I not overburdened?"
>look at inventory
>remember I dumped out half of my stuff lwith ike 50kg of tnt in some shithole half hour ago to avoid being criippled by gangsters

fug

Hmmm why did noone tell me that both protectorate and free drones are faggots that dont care about people at all

free drones are nowhere near as bad as protectoreddit
aside from misguided ganks on irrelevant shitholes like SRO they're alright

>SRO
meant Rail Crossing

>drones
>free
Pick one.

Yep, doubled bullet resistance. Also lets me laugh at packs of rathounds to boot, finally.
Still scared of going back to the magic beetles though.

but they're literally brainless monkeys they don't even know why they're doing what they're doing. I'm larping as sgs protectorate doubleagent. Surely having access to everything within protectorate gives more way to fuck them over and get intel for SGS no? SGS still has to trade with them and shit. Free faggots don't even have anything to offer just destroy shit.

Protectorate is basically EU and EU is evil, therefore Protectorate is evil.

>And none of them are as good as the coretech vendor.
Kiro sells 160+ components, Buzzer also goes up to like 150.

Why the FUCK do we have to be so loyal the SGS? When I get dat cube I'm not gonna have to give it to tanner am I?

>le doubl agent
aka a little bitch

the name also sounds really bad to me. IDK seems to me both factions are retarded. Kinda makes me not want to do the quests at all.

You'll find out.

because they took you in, you ingrate

>there's actual mimics in black sea
Well done styg

Attached: 1563570087698.gif (450x435, 1.67M)

sgs is kinda cool as a whole but all the leaders are big faggots. Gorsky just want to have his stupid gang again but he's the most reasonable out of them. For SGS there is need to expand while they still can before the protectorate takes over whole south. Vera would suck off anyone who would ask for it and Tanner is some autist.

>Gorsky just want to have his stupid gang again but he's the most reasonable out of them.
Gorsky pretty much cut off his ties with the SGS the moment he left to Core City.

protectorate in the south?
shoot on sight, dats my official instructions

SGS...home

>Vera will never suck you off

every difficult moment can be solved with enough bear traps

your dropped stuff will persist in the world indefinitely

What's the general rule about how many skills you can effectively max? 10 or so?

in the context of the game that takes place over maybe a couple of weeks
gorsky definitely rekt some people while defending SGS

>Amplified Plasma Pistol
>Critical Power

Attached: 1546708109335.jpg (360x360, 18K)

Should I put my remaining skillpoints into dodge or stealth in a spear build?

Give me a quick run down on this game

It's good

Its only possible to max out 8. I did that on my first build back in 2015-16 and honestly its overkill for most skills.
Yeah max out your combat skills, but once you have enough lockpicking or hacking etc, don't waste anymore points.

The only skills you need to max are your weapon skill, includes psi if it's your main damage, and dodge/evade if you use them.
Nothing else needs to be maxed so you split the rest of the points based on what you want to craft and what your stats are.
Your base lockpicking can be anywhere between 50 or 100+ if you want to unlock everything depending on how much dex you have.
Same with crafting/hacking and your INT.

It's derailed.

Key is effectively. You need to know the thresholds and all the bonuses that are available. As general as possible answer is eight skills.

what are the max skill checks for hacking, lockpicking, persuasion, and mercantile? thanks

It dominates hardcore

Fallout 2 had a roll in the hay with Metro 2033, both drunk as fuck with vodka
Combat is okay, story is decent, customization is amazing, lots of replayabality, many differents things to try, many different builds, worldbuilding and characterization is godlike, lore is pretty fucking good
Also the difficulty is very high, the game wont hold your hand, so dont play like a retard, also read

it's hardcore

so how FUN is the shotgun? do i need a melee weapon to company it

>with the +2 dex feat you can bring down plasma pistols to 25AP per shot
Lovely isn't it? Pew pew.

just play the game and see for yourself, pipeworker

Shotguns are melee weapons, "user."

persuasion: 110
mercantile: 105
hack: 130
lock: 130

where is buzzer shortcut again? I can't for the life of me remember where is it, even though i done like 2 times already. Everywhere i'm going i'm bumping into death, be either lurkers, crawlers or something else equally frightening, i can't remember where the burrowers are

Melee weapon to compliment your melee weapon?
Gen1us

is that the effective skill value or the post attribute bonus?

steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=843557165
Has a list of all max checks.

>Yahota will never suck you off

>tfw you try to answer user's question
>100 people answered it before you in the blink of an eye

Keep going south from his shop until you can't anymore and you'll find a shack with the trap door.

I would max stealth

Go south from Rail Crossing, past buzzers shop. All the way till you hit the wall you will find a small shack. Its patrolled by sentry plasma guards and suicide bots.

Effective value is the post attribute value.

Base value is the points you use during levelups, effective value is the one after all the modifiers from stats and items.
Base value is used for feat requirements.
Effective value is used everywhere else.

Pass the shop area, on the abandoned train station
Enter the Faceless area on the other side of the trains, faceless wont be watching there, and walk all way to the south
Once you disabled all bots, walk southwest corner, there will be a hatch you can open

Have fun with the burrowers

Just go straight south from Rail Crossing. You'll go through two screens which have faceless robutts in them, and the trapdoor is in the furthest corner. Then you need to go through I think two screens of Burrowers.

Only for snipe, everyone else manages perfectly fine with stealth from equipment and a cloaking device.
One other thing you want to max is intimidate if you use Yell.

so something like persuasion at 60(110) will use 110 during dialogue, yes?

which feat is that?

hacking is 135

>mech walker plasma sentry gets stuck by bear traps
The ride never ends.

Thanks guys.

Oh, I forgot to mention
>talk to that guy at the end and leave
>go back to sgs and spend an hour shopping/crafting
>go to turn in the drill parts
>only option is to ask about drill parts
>wtf
>I forgot to take the shit out of the barrel
So I go all the way back and then it turns out some of the mutants respawn

Attached: 1495015139183.png (141x152, 12K)

Yup, boosting stats is also a good way of meeting breakpoints.
For example your crafting skills can get boosted by
House bonus +15%
INT medicine +2 INT
Underpie +3 to all skills
Or lockpicking
Jacknife +7
Food +1 DEX
Expansion armor +10
Lockpick/huxkey +15
So there's no need to even come close to maxing them.

what's the point of heavy punch? just to overcome damage threashold a bit?

Yes.

Technically, but it's a single chest and you get the item in it anyway so there's no reason to go higher than 130.

You can also find one very early game by exploring the lower underrail and running into the arsonist. I guess he is triggered after killing a bunch of those thugs nearby SGS.

Early game swordsman sucks. I have to rely on my PSI abilities, which are actually useful, unlike the machete, which misses more often than it hits. Looks like my build will steadily suck right up to DLC.

Literally just a +2 dex feat, it's a veteran feat.
The breakpoint for reducing 40base AP to 25 is 17 DEX.

the arsonist is a random encounter, it has a chance of happening and its somewhat low, just like the scientist on foundry and the cats in front of rail crossing

A heavy hitting punch is always welcome, but yeah, I think it's to overcome threshold

by the end game you're one shotting things without even having to pop flurry so just keep that in mind and chug through

Swordfags NEED temporal manipulation.
The additional AP allows you to spam more flurries per turn to stack the bonuses faster but also when you miss the cooldown reduction allows you to flurry the next turn after you miss with the cooldown reduction specialization on flurry.

Can you destroy walls without using TNT?

Yes, using Jackhammers
After depot A, head to Foundry, wander into their mines a snach a free Jackhammer
They weight 15 kg tho

I think I'd rather pump int and use point shot. I'm juggling it with a laser or electro pistol for now anyway, makes it easier to get a shot in when I'm throwing shit etc.