Makes the best jrpg in the history

>makes the best jrpg in the history
>"wait how about me make it even better"
based atlus

Attached: persona-5-the-royal-591403.17.jpg (1500x1500, 418K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=EQtMkNssicE
twitter.com/AnonBabble

tfw Akechi still dies and the one that joins your party is a cognitive one that that has none of his personality flaws

tfw best boy will never be redeemed

wrong image, OP.

Attached: SMT-DSJ-Box-Art-696x636.jpg (696x636, 92K)

>makes the worst VN in the history
>"wait how about me make it even worse"
ftfy

Well Atlus certainly did that, but that's not what you posted.

too bad it's one of those games you really only play through once.
should've made the "better" version from the getgo.

Whose the girl with red hair, I'm like 95% sure she wasnt in the base game.

New character in the new version.

How comfy is your rock?

Based
Strange Journey is trash fuck off

I beat it 4 times, 100% it twice.

SPBP

yea but not everyone has autism

youtube.com/watch?v=EQtMkNssicE
look what Akechi says at the end
he is the one to pull us out from the illusion world

>best jrpg in the series
Strange Journey alone shits on all of persona.

You kinda have to to get maximum enjoyment from an atlus game

Awesome, we get to use Loki and interact with the 'real' Goro.

not really, i just played through it and fucked around with making some overpowered personas near the end of the game to "break it" and it was fun enough.
then again, i played on hard, which felt to me like one of the best balanced JRPG experiences i've ever had.

its good but not best of all time good. the plot is super predictable from the get go and the ost is like 8 tracks and half are ruined whenever that bucktooth jap bitch opens her mouth to sing.

I'll concede that combat "feels" better that 90% of other turnbased jrpgs. and the atmoshpere is top fucking notch.

Attached: ann.png (512x512, 240K)

Doesn't matter, 4th is better.

>P5
>best

Attached: 1564732132918.jpg (500x700, 105K)

Holy cringe get off this board faggot

>Make the best jrpg in history
>Ruin it with too much stuff, too many useless things, too many strong new attacks, ugly ultimate personas, new costume dlcs

Couldn’t have said it better myself, though I would also mention the terrible pacing that makes the game way way longer than it should have been. It could have easily been 50 hours if they cut out the repetitive pointless fluff treating the player like an idiot.

fluff is a staple of JRPGs for better or worse. I agree the game drags its fucking feet in the mildish area. I was hoping for the plot to be about suspense and doubles crosses. I wanted an epic 4d chess game of cat and mouse between the party and the police/villains. They even had a seemingly interesting premise when the game was first announced that made it seem like all the kids in your school (and thus most if not all party members) would be juvenile delinquents and hooligans, punks gettin back at the man. and while that theme is there is just turns all the kids into "i was framed" "my parents down love me" "i was abused" ect.

For gameplay the game doesn't waste time with overly flashy and long animations and the "screen tear away" is a need way to hardcut to the next character while still making it visually interesting

Attached: p5.jpg (480x360, 32K)

>best jrpg
>awful character development that is hidden behind social links with none of the development there carried over to the main story
>makoto's and haru's arcs and palaces being absolute shit
>80% a vn, 20% gameplay
>babby tier in casualization
>cringe teenage wish fulfillment story
Were it not for the waifus, nobody would give a fuck about this series. Pic related, a far superior game.

Attached: dims.jpg (580x287, 63K)

>90% a vn, 10% gameplay
ftfy

Strange Journey is seriously one of the worst games I’ve ever played. It’s trash.

>it’s a SJ contrarian fag
Seriously kill yourself, I cannot believe the mental gymnastics you have to go through to pretend this game is good other than just doing it to be special.

When does this come out to Murica fully dubbed?

kill yourself personashitter. sj is widely considered to be one of the best games in the smt series even when including your vn spinoffs

No it’s not, it’s fucking garbage and anyone who isn’t trying to get e-cred admits it was fucking ass. It shits on everything Nocturne established and SMT IV makes it completely obsolete.

>in the smt series
reeeeee

Attached: 1554106659890.jpg (215x250, 5K)

Man Goro has got that booty

Attached: Gorobooty.png (1366x768, 908K)

>liking sj is contrarian now
man personybros have really lowered standards

Piss off nocturnebabby. Retards like you who think the whole series revolves around your glorified spinoff are embarrassing.

Kasumi annoys me for some reason

>makes a rehash of their previous cash cow hidden behind a slick coat of paint
>relaunch the game two years later with Marie 4.0 and sell it at full price

I enjoyed the game but Fatlus can't keep getting away with it.

Attached: 1468935577064.jpg (509x584, 49K)

Kasumi's just an inferior Nancy Clancy ripoff

why the fuck cant this be dlc

>but Fatlus can't keep getting away with it
why? game freak has gotten away with doing the same for over 20 years now

money

P5 ain't even the best Persona game. I've heard it's popular on reddit so why don't you go back and stay there?

its the way they are claiming they are remixing vital parts of thew game. easier to make a remix version that has large differences from the original. So not to replace it. P5 discs will always have P5 and the fans of that game can always play it without feelign like they are missing out on the dlc. P5R will always be P5R. I hope this makes sense its 5am and im off to bed but yeah. fucking atlus.

I can't wait to push Futaba's mom into traffic with my best friend Akechi!

They didn't make Xenogears though.

and people are ready to burn them at the stake

>they are claiming they are remixing vital parts of thew game
The fuck are you talking about? They confirmed not too long ago that the only changes to the game will occur after the end and the initial story will be the same.

>game freak has gotten away with doing the same for over 20 years now
Yeah and people got sick of it when it hit the 3ds and could just make DLC. What's Atlus' excuse?

>and people are ready to burn them at the stake
Who the fuck is 'people'?
Pokemon fans are the most braindead group of people on the planet dude. As long as the next entry in the series has new basic bitch waifus and 1 or 2 new gimmicks theyll lap it up and defend its shit quality with their lives

Attached: 1564372861340.jpg (1024x1004, 269K)

Not him but maybe he's referring to the altered dungeons and bossfights? I really hope they fix the space port.

I mean if you've seen pokemon twitter or /vp/ since E3 happened, you'd see that most core pokemon fans are super pissed at GF now. The game is still going to sell well because it's always thrived off of appealing to normies and kids and not it's core fanbase.

all i really see of pokemon fans is what shows up on my twitter, and i only follow artists on twitter dot com so its mostly comprised of fotm waifu art, dumbass takes on whitewashing and complaints about the game with 90 replies telling the complainer to 'stop being so entitled' despite the fact that pokemon is literally the worlds largest franchise

>SMT IV makes it completely obsolete

Attached: B8.jpg (565x672, 61K)

Akechi is a deranged edgelord and doesn't deserve a redemption arc.

Attached: 1553579462088.jpg (1280x1280, 139K)

>Best jrpg in history
>Got easily got obliterated by a week-old jrpg with a superior story and better implemented socialization system

Attached: 1564084211598.gif (384x216, 3.23M)

Based

>>"wait how about me make it even better"
I know how!

Attached: 1564769586641.gif (1280x720, 2.65M)

>fluff is a staple of JRPGs for better or worse
You need to play more than persona.

WOWZERS!

This guarantees my purchase.

Her tummy is too small.

Attached: 1553226172672.jpg (936x1485, 200K)

Lads I need a clear shot of Makoto's new motorcycle train hybrid.

It's another special OC girl that clashes with the original cast and vision.
Why can't they ever just shake it up and do something different with the special edition of a game?

Better?

Attached: 1544391373054.png (1500x1100, 870K)

Much better.

Attached: 1553224579703.png (862x998, 355K)

>tfw no older gf with cute messy hair, a slender nice body and who is a great cook
Life is unfair

How do people even have willpower to play through these 100 hour friend simulator RPGs? I can understand those fantasy RPGs where you embark on a journey and it's an adventure but Persona is literally just simulating a social life while you grind some dungeons.

Well, a lot of people don't have social life IRL you know?
Specially on Yea Forums of all places.

Yeah OP, we know P4 and P4G were masterpieces but what about 5? It was terrible and I doubt the Royal edition can save thay turd.

Nah 5 wasn't terrible, it just had the issue of having its first arc be too good compared to the rest of the game. Blew its load in the first dungeon of an 80 hour game.

It's for people that like real life situations. Fantasy adventure JRPGs are for escapist virgins.

>P4 and P4G
>masterpieces
What the hell are you talking about. Even P3 is better than P4, and P5 is objectively better than both:
Better dungeons
Quicker gameplay
Negotiation
SLinks are relevant
Better graphics
Better music

>best jrpg in history
You people deserve to be nickel and dimed.

Attached: 1932812721.jpg (1500x1172, 432K)

>persona isn't an escapist fantasy
lol?

Why does Yea Forums shill this game so hard?

How badly will Akechi eclipse everyone in the poll right after P5R's release? He'll likely drain all the male character votes.

Attached: 1501798683936.jpg (1299x883, 374K)

Just as a reference he came out on top in the poll about non PT confidants.

Attached: 1501798803439.jpg (597x906, 167K)

Why do people pretend to like Makoto?

Because she cute and easily teased.

Attached: 1494376289088.jpg (714x643, 43K)

I'm surprised Takemi is so popular. I rarely see Yea Forums talk about her.

based and nocturnepilled

Persona is about confront real life hardships and relationships.

based matthew

It's a fucking high school simulator. That's as direct an escapist fantasy as you can get.

Nips have horrible taste

t.Lavenzafag salty that Lala came out higher than his loli

Attached: 1501800913140.png (500x750, 551K)

>Why yes, I am the best Persona character. How could you tell?

Attached: p4 poll.jpg (500x711, 177K)

The story, visuals and gameplay of the "normal" SMT games are so fucking boring, I don't understand how someone could prefer them over Persona or Devil Survivor which are basically direct upgrades, I really don't.

The gameplay and visuals are superior and the absence of a shitty story interrupting you every time you gain some momentum is exactly what makes it appealing.

Not really, lolifags are cancer and Lala isn't that bad but you can't tell me with a straight face that Haru and Morgana are higher than Ryuji, Akechi being first place with Sun and Star being higher than motherfucking Igor

Devil Survivor is the only upgrade in that regard. Persona has more story than SMT but is just as bad if not worse. I have no idea how Personafags can enjoy such boring characters and plots.

Weebsona 5 tards belong in an oven

>Adachi, Kenji and Rise being so low
Shit list

>the ost is like 8 tracks
Kill yourself P3cuck.

haha no switch port

Post apocalyptic cyberpunk is cool tho.

Attached: 1536665403026.png (400x240, 112K)

Character driven stories and real life-esque settings are just more engaging.

Not when said characters have nothing interesting or engaging about them.

They do though, otherwise people wouldn't be so fond of them. Any single P5 character has more fans than all SMT characters combined

That's for Persona 6, it will take place in juvie and a suspicious gay priest will be the antagonist.
I fucking wish, these games are so toothless

>popular therefore good
really nigga

>popular therefore good
Yes, they're popular for a reason, I never understood this argument

Ryuji was a shit character though. Nips hate the dumb, strong and loyal types, as evidenced by Junpei also being unpopular.

>ad populum
You can do better than this.

GTA V and yearly FIFA must be the best games ever made, then.

millions of people like naughty dog trash too

Even if, for whatever reason, you think Ryuji is shit, Haru and Morgana are much shittier

The list makes sense for the most part as a poll taken shortly after the game was released. Ann and Ryuji are at the bottom because they become irrelevant shortly after the start of the game so people forget they exist. Haru is right next to them because she's introduced too late to be relevant and her own arc is hijacked by Morgana which is why he's above her since he's fresher in the minds of the audience compared to Ann and Ryuji. Futaba, Yusuke and Makoto are introduced around the middle portion of the game which means their memorable scenes are fresher in the minds of players that just finished the game.

Has the contrarian period finally ended? Can people finally admit persona 4 is the worst out of the three?
3 > 5 > 4

Fucking Haru, there were already too many party members who basically lost their personality after their introduction and existed only to ask questions and spout one-liners at enemies.

The best JRPG in history is Chrono Trigger. Fight me on that.

Attached: Chrono-Trigger-featured.jpg (970x545, 191K)

imagine having taste this shit

Attached: 1562281449652.jpg (400x240, 82K)

Not even the best Persona game.

haha no switch port.

>releases the same game again for full price
epic...

hahaha no switch port

The main game is also getting changes, switchcuck

I'm just going to look up spoilers when it comes out, all the gameplay additions only seem to trivialize it further

haha no switch port.

what the fuck does my post have to do with the switch at all you absolute monkeys

haha no switch port.

cope

Attached: 1550266944970.jpg (808x805, 98K)

Game is too easy and poorly balanced, pacing is off the rails, story is bad, doctor and teacher are cute.
The recent Idea Factory games are much better.

The only reason people are finally turning on Gamefreak is that their half-assery and incompetence has finally caused them to not just put all the damn pokemans into the game at all.

Their excuses just highlight what has been going on for 3 console generations now.

I cannot fucking tell if this is some weird backwards false-flagging trolling or atlus fans are really this bad
I can only hope for the former

Attached: 1560540170864.gif (288x377, 1.83M)

haha no switch port.

theory: P5 royal will be exclusive to PS4 in Japan, but have a Switch release in the US

>seething this hard

Attached: 1504285817278.jpg (378x301, 106K)

hahahahaha no switch port

Keep dreaming, nintendie.

Attached: 1537403010277.png (614x471, 178K)

theorem: no switch port, haha

haha no switch port.

haha no switch port.

Cope more

Attached: 1501283700174.png (179x316, 90K)

Vanilla looks better the. Grapple hook gimmicks always feel forced and the new girl doesn't really feel like she fits in just like in p4g. Plus the new fujo doctor taking takemi's role doesn't fit in

>Plus the new fujo doctor taking takemi's role doesn't fit in
Pretty misinformed

haha no switch port.

If you have to compare them to Game Freak then you know that it's fucked

He's the school counselor. Where are you getting that he replaces Tae?

this. They'd need to rework the whole story if they want to make his character good

Yet it'll sell just fine and you know it.

He'll save the cast from their fantasy world by ruining their lives

This is just the scene from the anime

There's going to have to be at least some reworks anyway since it doesn't seem like we're going to prison and I can't imagine they're going to give us Satanael over Christmas.

Which is a shame since the best part of Persona 5 was that it was "Satan Saves Christmas"

>best JRPG
I bet it's the only JRPG you've ever played

>Which is a shame since the best part of Persona 5 was that it was "Satan Saves Christmas"
Nah, that's an obnoxious meme and the finale was garbage. I hope they actually do that part properly.

haha no switch port.

Fuck off, I've played all the Persona games, P5 is good but it absolutely is not the best JRPG ever

>P5 is good but it absolutely is not the best JRPG ever

this.

in terms of JRPGs, P5 is probably in the top of I have played of this console gen