Two days ago my brother died, next day my lover fell
Today most everyone was killed, on that we must not dwell
But we will never leave the field, we'll never say farewell
The EDF deploys!

A legendary hero soon will lead us to glory
Eight years ago he sunk the mothership says history
Tomorrow we will follow this brave soul to victory
The EDF deploys!

Attached: 1563726616919.jpg (750x750, 123K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=whnZQOslQA0
youtube.com/watch?v=I-hxiYAhfoA
youtube.com/watch?v=cRmES6IJk_o
youtube.com/watch?v=yO6QdoWeBi4
youtube.com/watch?v=VIBXeNwFA_Q
youtube.com/watch?v=8de2W3rtZsA
youtube.com/watch?v=Wz3zuTcGC1w
youtube.com/watch?v=fdDwGmou_98
reddit.com/r/EDF/comments/cdelil/guide_how_to_get_a_perfect_borderless_window_in/
pastebin.com/yp8JkVa2
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

lobbys where

When you make one.

in davy jones locker

Saw a Fencerbro using Tower Shield and I stood next to him, he saw me and turned around, I shouted "Amazing!" and he replied "Thanks!", then we headed into battle together. Comfy game.

lobby is open
Yea Forumsdf
rage
mission 1
hard

buyfag or pirate?

BUYFAG
VDF
RAGE
INFERNO
MISSION 92
if in a mission spam edf a bunch and ill reset

Attached: 1542819615895.webm (1280x720, 1.78M)

sorry buy

Room going up.
vdf
Hard mission 40 something
rage

Nice!

Nice!

No more g2a keys for this game, what happened

>g2a
may as well just pirate the game instead. at least that way you don't support literal thieves

What a great game, too bad there'll never be another one

Attached: 1552193896696.png (244x216, 62K)

nanda kore wa?

2/4

this game is really good

You guys should post more webms. I think they're really interesting, and I always watch them even if I don't reply to them.

This. Post more webms I'm really close to buying it. Maybe of the loadouts/weapon possibilities.

Can you still put turrets on top of your helicopter/tank/vehicle and drive around as a auto aim death machine?

I wouldnt know helis, but you stil can put turrets on your land vehicles

The only one I have not posted to death is 4.1 sorry

Attached: SATELITE BLASTHA.webm (640x360, 2.79M)

>done with hard
Time to gird my loins for hardest and get that sweet 70%

Yes, you can. The problem is that you have to put them in a good position, or they will shoot into ground half of the time.
It's easy with tanks/grapes, tricky with crawlers/helicopters and pretty hard with everything else.

lobbys full cry

Attached: 1545099011644.webm (720x404, 2.79M)

Nice!

Nice!

Attached: 1564762751820.webm (1280x720, 2.79M)

you can kill those transport ships?

>someone saved my webm
no

whoops. mistook the gold bits for the ship then.

There's not enough of snow missions like 12. They're comfy.

>someone made a webm out of my nuke

Attached: 41199804_p0.jpg (512x302, 130K)

Anyone up for missions from 83 to until i can go?
Room: EDF
Pass: ants
Buyfag
Hard
Starting Mission 83

Lobby bump...

>alt tabbing
>game explode and crash
I hate this one of thing of EDF5

Why 5?

>Alt tab and do some stuff on 2nd screen
>click back on the game
>the click goes right through the game and activates one of the sticky notes, minimizing the game
It's magic

That was on hard though. Could be framerate with the recording software.

That's a big bento.

Clearing 63+ missions on hard without weapon limit until a slot for inferno lobby opens up
Yea Forumsdf
rage

No weapon limit? Hows that?

REMOVE THE HEADS

Attached: 2019_08_03_05_18_38-clp.webm (710x400, 2.99M)

youtube.com/watch?v=whnZQOslQA0

Attached: disco.webm (800x450, 2.99M)

The class you play mission as always gets the most armor/drops, right?

yes

>someone recorded footage of my game

70% completion rate

youtube.com/watch?v=I-hxiYAhfoA

Are the private messages that lady gives you scripted or does it only happen when you kill a majority of the enemies in a mission? I've had it happen a few times but only if I had a small team that was dead most of the mission.

Why are people hyping Ranger shotguns so much?
Yes, they are very good when you are against a single enemy, but if you're swarmed by different types of enemies, I'd much rather use something like the AK looking rifle.
Do they need to be fully upgraded or do you need to use Inferno tier shotguns to see their power?

I can play/host a pirate lobby in about 20 minutes.

Shotguns shine precisely when you're swarmed, high close range damage but more importantly it penetrates.
What shotguns are you even using? Anything without 1 round/sec or reload time much more than 2 seconds are shit.

Penetration automatically makes them better than rifles 95% of the time.

What's the point of the WD homing weapons? They rape your energy and even if you take the inferno tier ones into lower diff they are weak as shit. I saw something about just taping the buttom which indeed does help with energy draina little, but at that point i might as well just sneeze at the fuckers.

stunlocking stuff so that other people can focus on high priority targets

What was the best mission to farm armor again? DLC included. I forgot.

Already got all the best Fencer weapons level up, just want to up my armor values now

Attached: 1535371112042.gif (200x220, 122K)

So when the fuck do i get a good gun? I'm playing on hard and the drops are so fucking shitty that I'm still better using the first unlocked arch gun from the wing diver.

almost all WD weps are trash

dlc silver sipder mission

DLC Reclaiming the base with the teleporter ships
kill bees as thet spawn

Geist is for aliens, it blows off limbs and you can spam it from a safe distance
Mirage stunlocks bees, it basically enables easy mode for any level involving hornets
Ghost Chaser just fuckin YEETS tadpoles out of the fucking air, it's extremely good since tadpoles are the most annoying enemy ever

They're all actually extremely good and I'd always recommend bringing one, since crowd control is a very valuable thing to have in this game

Attached: geist 3 on hard.webm (500x280, 2.92M)

youtube.com/watch?v=cRmES6IJk_o
I miss them Yea Forumsros

two of the dlc2 missions, though the biggest thing i find a downside with armor farming for edf5 is that all of the fast easy strats (not a slow one that uses a titan) use ranger with probe, meaning your ranger will have a fuckton more than all your other classes even if you take roughly balanced stuff into account.

>Anything without 1 round/sec or reload time much more than 2 seconds are shit.
So basically they are all shit until you are at least in HARDEST

Maybe 1 round/sec is too much, but 0.7 works just fine, and no, earlier shotguns are shit, but around lvl 20 you should be getting usable shotguns.

Well lets see if now there are more people lurking
Remade my lobby
Room: EDF
Pass: ants
Buyfag
Hard starting mission 83
Gonna leave it open for a while

Yes, they are usable, but they still feel worse than Rifles, especially against shit like bees and spiders. Why would I let spiders get close just so I can get the full benefit from my shotgun when I can just hit them from range.

Check your stars, a good star weapon from low level is usually worth using over a high-rank weapon with crap stars.

Huh, I actually made a mistake, most of the shotguns I'm using at earlyish stages have around 3 second reloads. But 1 round/sec is fairly consistent for most of them. So thats what you should aim for. The auto shotguns with high ROF but stupid long reloads are shit when swarmed.
Using level appropriate shotgun you should generally be killing non-armored, i.e. non red ants in one shot, probably more if you are actually swarmed due do penetration.
Slaughters and Monsoons are generally good choices.

I saw some of the farm vidoes for dlc2, the mission with ton of pillons. That shit work on easy too right? Are the enemies so though other classes aren't really viable even on easy? I would imagine wd with rapier for example would be great with occassional dash for healthpack.

Thats what your other weapon slot is for, besides, its not like you can really keep range when they are swarming you anyway.

because the shotgun is your backup weapon for when you're knee deep in shit. the other weapon is your primary

Do the damage values for AR bombings mean per individual shot, or the sum of all shots?

I'd say all armor farming is done on easy for the "you can force fail and still get 100% of your drops" factor. As far as ease for other classes, I certainly wouldn't say it's impossible, just that it becomes a lot less mindless and something you have to actually pay attention to (and loot for, since there's a drop limit on the map). ie. you could use a fencer with 2x hell flame revolvers and just rotate constantly, a WD with a rapier, an air raider with some a flame mech/some flame turrets, etc. For the 'pure' afk farm one youtube.com/watch?v=yO6QdoWeBi4 ranger is mandatory over optional, at that.

I farmed my best Fencer weapons on that mission (island with dozens of pilons) on inferno. I imagine it's also really good for armor farming on easy because it has the highest spawn rate (and infinite) of silvers and they all come to you quickly.

Attached: 1564045330537.gif (178x188, 145K)

per shot

Per shot, it's why strafing runs are a million times better than phobos for large monsters.

To that guy who says to use Firecrackers as primary weapon, I thank you. Shit is fun as hell especially on higher tiers.

What does it do? I keep getting them.

Any Piratefags have a Hard room up?

Attached: Theta.png (957x537, 278K)

Nice!

>try dlc mission 1#9 which has nothing but silver spiders and a silver king
>can kill the first lot, and the left northern lot without too much issue as fencer with a great shield+shield stuff, or air raider with EZ nix
>no matter what I do, I can't seem to isolate just a portion of the spiders by the king and get overwhelmed by them and blown up every fucking time
How do I do this shit

You throw mini bombs over an area. The damage might be low individually but once you get the hang of it, you can concentrate it on a small area. And it will deal a lot of damage in that case. The spread is good for crowd control so its very useful in caves. Personally, I use it everytime I have the chance including as make shift anti air flak as you can throw these things pretty high up. Seriously try it out man.

Gimme 15 minutes.
>callsign d

>fencer with a great shield+shield stuff
nigger, just use add booster+dash cell

>just follow the meta bro
>no actual advice for the level
retard

How the fuck i do Mission 91 solo as Fencer?

have you tried the regular grenades too? They are insanely useful against both single targets and crowds.
there's no better feeling than correctly predicting the movement of an enemy and lobbing one right into their face

Come the fuck on, it's easy as shit, just strafe to dodge their webs while pelting them with whatever weapon combo you use. The meta is so goddamn op that you have to be an absolute brainlet to fuck it up

max mobility setup (my rec would be blasthole+dispersal), focus on ayys first then on the teleporters

Nah, "just be a meta slave" is shit advice pal

dude, what else do you want me to tell you? it's still just a fucking spider, circlestrafe and shoot them

The ayys are literally the last of my problems
I cannot not get overrun by the balls
Almost 40 minutes and i still can't get over it

vulcan hammer works wonders against pillbugs since it gives you hyper armor during the attack animation which also negates ragdolling.
other strikers with more range can maybe work even better since pillbugs have fairly low hp but I haven't really tried any of them

Ok, I will try it out on my next mission.

Room is up:
>pirate
>callsign d
>hard (or hardest if you want)
>mission 43 (don't mind playing other missions)

Tadpoles sure are cancer above hard. That mission around 90~ with tons of them was cancer enough on hard already, but they sure are something else on hardest and above.

>wow these guys dont feel as bad as dragons in 4.1
>get to hardest
>just a couple are enough to delete my hp as fencer in hardest
>pinpoint fucking accuracy if you slow down for one second
Nevermind theyre just as bad as dragons

Attached: 1563217908753.png (271x271, 92K)

And for the rare case they miss, they do splash as well.

You can get some fairly consistent dodges on WD if you zigzag, but if you fuck up more than once, it's all over.

The grenade suck due to the long windup time. The damage and explosion once it hits is amazing though. Still, I like my firecrackers more.

Limpy leggos are fucking scrotum scraping scallywags. Those fucking leg lasers fucking melt me from ten million light years away. The accuracy is nuts

If you splitscreen offline then you can have your Ranger collect items and a second class get them fully as well.

Yea Forumsdf
rage
1 slot
hard no weapon limit

EDF looks like so much fun if you have friends, which I don't

Its fun solo too, playing Ranger and taking care of the NPCs gives you a feel of camaraderie and despair when you see them dwindle in numbers that online doesn't get you. Its a different atmosphere altogether when you play it like that.

just play Yea Forums lobbies. some of them are screeching autists, but like 80% of them are cool

I have EDF2 on Vita which was a lot of fun alone, but eventually I began to lose interest in playing alone. Just seems like one of those games that's drastically amplified by having at least one other person to play with

They are way fucking easier to deal with than EDF 2025/4.1 Dragons because there is a bunch of moments now they are programmed to do gay flight patterns minimizing a ton the usual way they would delete you in the past by shooting fire as 34893 all dived bombed into you from the sky at once.

Attached: 1547946925004.jpg (622x494, 159K)

It's fun solo, pirate it if you are in doubt but buy the fucking game after it.

>when you're fucking around and realize you're the only one left alive and you've got more than half the mission left

Attached: 1528756798233.jpg (2560x1707, 2.45M)

That's only true for armor, if EDF4.1 (and a couple of youtube videos I've seen for 5) is anything to go by. You should still get bias towards whatever class picks up weapon crates.

Reclaiming base missions + Archelus fight are kino of the highest degree.

The supporting background cast becomes fucking amazing in the last two missions. Hearing the intelligence lady who was calm and collected the entire game begin to lose it at the end when she activates operation omega and HQ guy is yelling at her gives me chills every time.

Attached: 1558688222617.jpg (549x280, 90K)

I like the one with 8 Bargas vs absolutely everything. It has so much going on it's really easy to take a nice screenshot.

Attached: 20190721184538_1.jpg (1920x1080, 499K)

Attached: 20190802021805_1.jpg (1920x1080, 485K)

Attached: 20190803142234_1.jpg (1920x1080, 545K)

The latest in point-defense technology.

Attached: 20190803112648_1.jpg (1920x1080, 414K)

Hey gamers what are the best wingding weapons to use? I can't seem to settle on any. I know in 4 I used the thunder sniper a lot but juggled my second weapon around.

Is my hosting retarded? Why are you guys dying?

Always bring a chargeable weapon and a weapon with battery pack. I really enjoyed using Dragon and Phalanx lances, Mag Blaster and Mirage/Geist. Later I appreciated Thunder Bow and Monster sniper rifle, which seems to get some hate here.

Room is up
Buyfag
/vdf/
Pass is rage
Hardest from near the start

Power lance is straight up the best weapon WD has. It's dirt cheap, charges fast, and you can stay in range to use it fairly safely. With decent upgrades it should be one-shotting monsters. Phalanx and dragoon lance are good against heavier targets, but sometimes unnecessary. Thunder crossbow is a nice all-rounder, decent range, decent damage, and fairly cheap to fire. I think closed laser is actually pretty decent long range weapon, it does weak damage, but it's perfectly fine for sniping a limb, or harassing enemies that you can't handle at close range. I'd recommend against the sniper playstyle overall though, you'll be low impact and take a long time to get anything done, when you could be melting faces with your phalanx.

I'll try them out them, the dragoon lances are really great. Snipers are fun but the closed laser does such shit damage I can barely stand it. Guess I'll mess around with the electric mid range weapons and the lances then

How do I set up a turbo clicker for my mouse? I want to use the semi automatic rifles without getting carpal tunnel and arthritis.

You could try AutoHotkey. It's simple and there are tons of scripts online if you have trouble figuring it out for yourself.

I'd love a cheat that just expanded my collection range to the whole map so I can suck everything up at the end of the missions.

those exist. 4.1's better so far for now though

if you have a logitech mouse, logitech gaming software.

whats the difference in the 4.1 version?

Lobby is still up, 2/4 currently

People generally get upset when you do that online though, no idea why because collection is the worst part.

If you have to cheat to enjoy a game, then you don't enjoy the game. And if you don't need to cheat, then don't cheat.

>posting the wrong lobby name
user...

Attached: anon.png (737x194, 99K)

never seen any randoms complain so far, but at the same time never know if they actually fucking noticed

At least he is correct about Spritefall-chan

I don't care if you use it at mission completion but using it mid-mission and eating all the medpacks is full retard.

lmao implying someone can't already enjoy a game and removing tedious shit they dont find fun or challenging isnt just flat out enhancing that enjoyment

Like I said, if you have to break the game's rules in order to enjoy it, you don't enjoy it in the first place. You might enjoy the cheated version of the game, but that's not the same game. I don't think it's wrong in a singleplayer experience, but you're turning your whole lobby into cheaters by proxy with this shit. Just ask when you use it, and don't use it if they have a problem with it.

There's literally no reason for it not to give you the drops at the end regardless, it's an added chore that distracts from the game.

Few will give a shit if you do it at the end. If you do it repeatedly during the middle of missions you're a selfish faggot and people will rightly call you out.

Nah your logic is retarded mate, while I havent played these games for as long as some, only really knowing it even existed with 2025 and getting that on PS3 to 4.1 on PC and now finally 5 on PC as well and deciding to do stuff like this you can't say I never enjoyed these games.

Sure about online with randoms though but I do say it in the lobby comment field.

Dont see anyone making an argument for those cunts, that is flat out cheating yeah but its funny to see people do this because it shows to me a lack of self restraint with that hotkey being available to them because there is literally millions of better ways to cheat and be subtle about it.

name: Yea Forumsdf
pass: rage
buyfag
mission 3 hard
let's get some medals

>cheating's not wrong because I deserve it
K. I don't think there's really a conversation after this point. You think you deserve to cheat in online games, and you're wrong. At the very least you can understand why people reasonably don't want to be turned into cheaters, though.

Finally "beat" the game on hard, such a fun game. But for some reason I don't feel any motivation to start playing on the harder difficulties...

This whole argument being a thing is some funny shit desu
>finishing mission
>ah fuck this retard killed the last enemy and there is a bunch of boxes to still collect
>every box get zucced by said retard
>REEEEEEEEE

Literally who the fuck gets mad that someone spared you minutes of playing christmas decor collector simulator.

Attached: 1555469771554.jpg (950x1345, 952K)

Did you finish it offline? Half of the fun is online

Wait, can you actually get on the speed star?

I did Online, could take some time to find people for the last missions.

Attached: b965b796aa47c572d7feb7988ff8a679.jpg (900x1200, 534K)

Literally just ask before you turn on your cheats. Online cheating is seen by a lot of people as scumfuckery, and it's good to warn people before you do it. You might not think it's a big deal, but cheaters are a scourge in a lot of other communities, and people rightfully hate them.

Just move on, 80% of the people who ever play this game will do the same. Anybody can play through it once, but being invested in EDF requires a sizable degree of autism.

Yea Forumsdf
inferno
weapon limit off

i just want to say I appreciate Yea Forums rooms, just so I dont have to carry the team because 90% of pub room players are functionally braindead

>jap egg-chan is fucking adorable
>no subs so i understand majority stuff just from memory of my first eng playthrough when playing with jap dub
I wish game had subs. Or way to change voice files,

Attached: .gif (430x304, 8K)

I dont think so looking at how characters interact being on top of anything like vehicles.
Sure but my point was to point out how really petty this even being an argument is. "Worst" thing that can happen is you gained maybe 10 more armor boxes that no one would be arsed to even pick up and 2 minutes of your life.
How is it I see way more complaining about this shit in these topics over dickheads coming into lobbies with god mode on, deleting every enemy instantly and/or finishing a mission to see someone had the 9999999999999999999 of every box cheat?

Cheaters don't usually only cheat at 1 thing user. That's why it's good to call them out on even the tiniest cheats.

>that tadpole mission on hardest

Attached: 1550640783725.gif (185x260, 24K)

No cheater with the actual intent of just either wishing to completely rip the game open or wanting to ruin other people's save files would bother with the pick up cheat when there is vastly better ways to do so like I just mentioned.

the 4.1 version lets you select what you want to absorb. 5 is just "all"

I always did wish they had a different minimap color for health boxes, thats one way to sort that.

Attached: PBF012-Marthas_Orphanage.png (700x768, 69K)

>did like 30 mission
>armor barely up by 200
>need good 2k more to not get raped on inferno
Wish this wasn't such slog, damn nips and their grind. I hope the mission for grinding in second dlc people are talkin about are decent.

which one?

or leave them green, make the other boxes a different color. but yeah.

Tornado? Stay between the buildings and aim up, they have a hard time getting to you

I'm guessing he means the one with a swarm of tadpoles at the start that only keep adding more waves as you keep killing more tadpoles
Unlike 4.1 the bridge cheese is a lot less safe

Attached: BEAM!.webm (800x450, 2.84M)

>farming 87 for like 5 hours
>still no hell flame revolver delay upgrade

what to use as fencer vs pill bugs
my shotgun cannon is becoming under leveled

also is there a decent mission for getting stuff for other classes in 4.1 like wing divers have as crimson on inferno?

there seems to be something fucky with turrets. place them on flat space, they're fine. place them on angled space, they're fine. but if you put them on pavement part of road they sometimes position themselves in angled way and they go apeshit and their aim is perfectly off the target at some fixed angle.

in edf 4.1 i found 2 playering the last cave mission as wing diiver with idunnff+some other weapon and whatever class you actually want drops on worked, though caves in 4.1 are fucking ass and i hate them

Geist 3 absolutely obliterates anything on 4 player hard (or solo hardest), up to and including god. Also gets more teamkills than 4.1 AR and blacks out the screen almost like spritefall
For faster small targets Mirage or Ghost Chaser might be better but Geist 3 should be your default loadout for any unfamiliar mission.

Attached: 1564831613358.webm (720x404, 2.82M)

Nice!

Yea Forumsdf
rage
DLC mission 9
inferno

lets farm some weapons

Nice!

the naked ayys when battle-worn are disgusting i hate them

Attached: ayy raider.png (784x797, 444K)

>battle with them
>here rolls in this one guy completely purple with no arms and no helmet
>he stops and stares at me for 5 seconds
>does absolutely nothing like he has come to some understanding he is fucked
>some AR puts a blue marker on him and his head flies off.

Attached: 1553909963576.jpg (484x519, 54K)

i want to but i'm also not remotely ready for inferno and i know it

>tfw couldn't play online for like half a week because moving and no internet
>can't even get groups going for hardest because everyone has already moved onto inferno now

I still havent touched hard online yet, its gonna be a tough one for me

Just start room, some anons will join.

Have you ever hated a frog

Attached: 20190803151819_1.jpg (1920x1080, 480K)

this fucking much?

Attached: 20190803151821_1.jpg (1920x1080, 273K)

To save our country from any dirty kike attack
We string up fucking niggers and we never cut them slack
I hope we're done with genocide in time for mommy's snack
The EDF deploys

>not using gunships to stunlock them

youtube.com/watch?v=VIBXeNwFA_Q

how the hell did that have enough blast range to hit that asshole

>Be air raider
>surrounded by monsters and aliens
>honestly like a fuckton
>can't attack anymore cause these bombs need to reload
>itsover.jpg
>some absolute chad fencer jumps off of a skyscraper and mows down every enemy for 2 minutes with gatling guns
I salute you, whoever you were

Attached: 1548408155627.jpg (320x257, 20K)

I can't approve.

Attached: 2019-08-03 13-49-11.webm (600x336, 2.88M)

2/4

IM SO FUCKING SORRY FOR MY PERFORMANCE TONIGHT. PLEASE FIND IT IN YOUR HEARTS TO FORGIVE MY AWFUL PERFORMANCE AND blowing you guys up.

this guy is the ranger who used his c4 in

>mission 85
>wait, I can hide in this parking building and let my turrets kill the tadpoles
>nope, they can hit you through the textures

Attached: .png (640x720, 734K)

Attached: 1558426840872.webm (720x404, 2.76M)

Attached: Toribash.webm (700x358, 2.72M)

It's ok, I thought it was funny. And you actually played well on 99, which is where it matters.

>Be air raider
>Surrounded by monsters and aliens
>NUKE SELF
>NUKE SELF
>NUKE SELF
>Some dick ass fencer rushed into my nukes and died, wtf why is he calling me an asshole?

Strafing runs are basically party friendly.

If you could stop bringing meme loadouts where you spend most of your time not shooting bugs, that would go a long way to convince me of your sincerity.

One of my favorites was when I returned to the AR and Ranger at 0 energy, and the AR's immediate response to 2 rollies chasing was to drop a Spritefall Max on his location and climb into the barga. That's some next level shit.

one thing that would be nice in this game is a better idea of just how big a radius or range is.

Nice!

I don't want to be party friendly, I want to nuke myself

room name: veedf
pw: rage
buyfag
hardest, mission 2
pls... anyone.... i beg of you.....

Attached: welp.png (262x366, 125K)

Attached: 1563665125751.jpg (871x864, 91K)

There's a bunch of missing information in this game. How long does each laser type last? What's the delay before each kind of airstrike? What's the shot speed for rockets and homing weapons? A huge part of Fencer's design is rotational inertia, so which weapons have higher or lower amounts of rotational inertia? What's the rate of fire on AR's autoguns? What's the DPS on WD's special grenades? EDF is a very mysterious game.

well for me it's more "this weapon has a range of 90m/1200m/3600m' or 'radius of x/y/z value', but you don't really get given a reference for how big (or far) that actually is.

Pretty sure all continuous damage sources work at 60 fps so you can calculate durations from number of projectiles

I an gonna enlist to save my Earth, and the $500k after 1 year of service
EDF! EDF! EDF!

Attached: Earth-Defense-Force-5.jpg (1200x675, 129K)

Just beat the last mission, a bit underwhelming considering how bombastic the previous one was.

room for 1 more mission 6

Any of you fags ever play on PS4 anymore? My PC is trash but I wanna kill bugs

EDF dies out on PS4 in a few months

some of those who oppose FORCES
are the same that burn crosses

are the same that burn crosses

ARE THE SAME THAT BURN CROSSES

FUKKEN REEEEEEEEEEE

KILLING IN THE NAME OF (EDF)

youtube.com/watch?v=8de2W3rtZsA

Attached: 1564577630687.webm (710x400, 2.86M)

I'm on there every now and again. Whenever I'm doing multi I usually throw up a Yea Forumsdf room.

JUST SHOOT THE STUPID FUCKING SPANCE NIGGERS. ALL THIS TIME TAKING WAS WASTED ON NOT-KILLING. EGGHEADS LIKE YOU GUYS ARE ZERO HELP

oh rite, this webm reminded me I clipped something earlier

I dont have to be of help, I haven't played online yet

GET YOUR SORRY ASS OUT THERE YOU PIECE OF SHIT

FUKKEN REEEEEEEEEEEE

Attached: 1007040_screenshots_20190717220428_1.jpg (1920x1080, 281K)

here we go

Attached: This is how Physics works.webm (852x480, 2.94M)

But... they're out of range!

too busy not getting a hell flame revolver drop with delay reduction.

you think the momentum of flight did that? because i jumped in the same tipped-over calibans with other classes and there was no flip back to normal

legit I have no idea
I was just jumping in to see what would happen, I didn't expect the thing to flip over

Good wingdiver weapon for flying frogs and bees? on singleplayer if it matters

reminder to listen to JEAN LUC PONTY or other spacey-sounding jazz-rock fusion while you play
youtube.com/watch?v=Wz3zuTcGC1w

Attached: 1504517207402.webm (622x350, 2.96M)

Guys, I have a confession to make. I fucking love dropping Phobos on allies.

Anti-air special grenade and a powerlance

>first time hardest
>mission with 3 red drones and a red queen immediately after
I want off this ride. We had to do tiny painstaking pulls the whole time.

Hard lobby, starting at 2
vdf

Attached: image0.jpg (1523x1028, 181K)

STARDUST CANNON
PLASMA BIG CANNON (the level 10 one that does 600+ damage)

some people might not agree with the plasma cannon, but that thing shoots straight and can kill of multiple flying enemies when they're crowded up. just something to consider

Well fuck me

>tfw overly comfortable with AR

What's it even like to play anything other than AR?
I can't stop the 150mm spam, with glassing an entire city and calling down lasers or a mecha if I need to

I like to play STEALTH on missions where you're in a city and there's Ayys everywhere and you can flank around and pick them off
Its really REALLY hard to do that when you have an AR glassing the city and agroing everything and suddenly LASERS from across the map and you're dead

it's real fast user

Attached: be brave.webm (696x392, 2.95M)

Sorry for crappy quality, but it wanted to show off my feat

Attached: 20190803_180625.jpg (4656x3492, 2.84M)

so rather than pressing f12, or print screen, you literally took a fucking photo of your screen?

I love the internet

Pls no bully

Attached: BD2D2823BA314B3EB972F7964D7E7902.jpg (480x480, 19K)

Ok, for the next time you want to do this, you can press f12 and steam takes a screenshot of your game

As an air raider what can I do against drones? I can still handle the regular ones with turrets but the red ones are too fast for them to track.

gunships should help

it only took like, 10 fucking hours of farming.

Attached: FINALLY.jpg (1600x900, 282K)

Nice!

If Online, take a guide beacon gun and tag a drone
Make sure everyone brings FAST MOVING lock on weapons, make sure to punt any ranger who brings an air tortoise in the cunt.
Solo you want gunships, either small area multi shot ones, or large damage single shot ones. The goal is to tag them as they stop moving.
You can also bring a large guided missile to hit them with first. Just aim at the ground till the missiles are called in, then wait till their close before tagging the nearest red drone

What ARE the fast moving lock on weapons? most I've tried are slow as shit, or do super fuckall damage, or are the kind that are "lock onto 500 targets at once doing 5 damage each" (I do realise that beacons bypass this issue, but still).

I've used the autocannon and they usually go flying out of the aoe after the first hit.

That's exactly what I did during the red drone intro. I stuck a beacon on and my fencer buddy fired his tracking missiles. We thought we were geniuses until it turn out the missiles don't fly fast enough to catch them until they stop.

how fast are leviathans/haytal missiles (since they require a lockon beacon or laser guide to work) for that?

The ranger Fork and MLRA missiles fly really fast, its not about big dick damage its about constant damage
Wing diver has several lock on weapons that fire a fast movie projectile, a Mirage is probably the best choice
Fencer I'm not too sure of, I think the blood storm missiles fly pretty fast and they detonate early to hit a wide area, might be pants
I should do testing

Typically the multi missile options are all faster than the single big missile options. Ram all 500 of those 5 damage missiles on a single target and it all adds up pretty fast. It's also piss easy to aim missiles once a beacon is set.

>Big Core
Whats this? Finally a core where I can use these giant snipers and super weapons!
>Cant fly
Oh

what is the last cave mission? ant queen or?

what were one of the changes from 4.1 to 5 that you feel were are result of pic related?

Attached: Lisa's_Nightmareopaw.jpg (512x384, 27K)

It's a trade-off for sure, you become a heavy infantry unit with retarded firepower instead of a mobile precision strike/kite unit.

E D F!

E D F!

E D- *explodes and fucking dies*

It's straight up terrible unless you're playing with defense beacons

75: death queen

ranger getting an aux slot

Giving Ranger vehicles
Im not opposed to the idea but I am opposed to making some of them ranger only

oh. that's a ways off.

did you also took a picture of your fucking cat instead of pressing f12 or print screen on your cat?

>not pirating your cat
buyfags are the cancer killing the cat industry

>beat game
>DLC restricts level to shit obtained halfway through the game
who thought this was a good idea

Oh, somehow I may have misinterpreted it a little. there aren't as many 'good' farming missions in 4.1, but you can access them earlier compared to 5. the first is 14 (the beach that basically clears itself if you run away from the start and then just carefully get drops on the beach afterwards), then it's like 52 (balam activation mission, but it has an absurdly low crate drop rate), then there's a few in the 70s. underground is ass though in 4.1 because it's pitch black, I actually got completely lost in one of the missions, to the point that I only cleared the mission because the npcs finished it for me without assistance instead of just getting slaughtered.

that definitely human being hiding behind the building holding a plasma weapon.

Works well on missions where most of the enemies come to you. You can really fuck some shit up with that massive boost to weapon charge speed. Pretty risky move for solo play but can work out well in multi player.

It bugs me too. The DLC missions are still pretty tough on non-inferno difficulties but they drop absolute garbage until inferno.

i honestly don't mind the caves. i kinda wish there was a few more.

then you should play 4.1 online, it has some extra missions, including caves ones.

i have been. with a friend. it's just been slow going very very slow going. mostly due to the long list of ass weapons i have for ranger

if you're after weapons, just run mission 14 over and over on ranger on hard/hardest/inferno, it sohuld give you a fair list of drops suitable for whatever early-mid/late range ranger play you want for hard mode.

whoever designed a javelin that blows up next to your face whenever you move in any direction should have been shot

These webms got me off the fence about this game well done anons. Can I play a wing diver without a vagina though?

only you got shot, ya dumb nig

The drone can't shoot you when it gets tossed around by an endless stream of missiles.

No, though Fencer can go pretty fast with jumpdashing or whatever if that counts for anything.

Yea Forumsdf
rage
67.HARDEST
bufag

found the retard who made the weapon

fencer is your wing diver for this evening

2/4

youtube.com/watch?v=fdDwGmou_98

I legitimately enjoy calling down Spritefall in the middle of my teammates.

i never knew barga-kun was a narutard

Attached: weeb barga.png (1920x1080, 2.96M)

Attached: High up in the air our comrades fight.webm (650x364, 2.93M)

oh good. because i gotta say. having only a lysander two as a decent weapon has been rough.(because the only other gun i have of decent damage that doesn't explode is a 5 shot rifle)

>58.5% completion
I'M SO CLOSE TO BEING ABLE TO MOVE ON TO HARDEST
BUT NOW NOBODY PLAYS THE MISSIONS I NEED FOR COMPLETION
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Attached: 1523281837073.jpg (350x500, 25K)

I liked EDF 4.1 or whatever it was called, is 5 just as good or better?

Attached: blues clues cia.jpg (640x477, 205K)

Lots of QoL additions
The base difficulty is easier but Hardest and Inferno add extra enemies to levels
I'd say Yes just because Air Raider Air Strikes are no longer done with a thrown grenade

wish hardest difficulty lobbies weren't dead

Just finished beating the solo game on Hard.
Those last 5 missions are so fucking hype.

Time to fumigate!

yeah. 5 is just nicer in so many ways.

Starting to understand that feel

>39.78%
>highest completed level is 85

Story is worse(at least 4.1 tried to be serious, 5 is pure b-movie "comedy"), radio banter is worse, AR has ascended to godhood, they added gibs when you blast enemies. Also, don't worry too much about the pairs of yellow dots in dark places.

Can anyone give a re/v/iew of Iron Rain?

I get strong Insect Armageddon vibes from it, and I gear the upgrade system is worse

Westernized EDF that removes everything that makes EDF endearing. Insect Armageddon was better.

Post lobbies, you'll get joiners pretty fast

someone post a pir8 lobby

so whats the point of wing diver core upgrades if they dont fly any longer? just to support upgraded weapon energy costs? seems kinda lame

Yes, she's the only class where her "upgrades" aren't actually upgrades because nothing changes, the numbers just inflate.

Room going up. If you don't want to loot or can't follow simple directions, move along.
vdf
Buychads only
Mission 27 hard
rage

>finish hard solo
>welp, guess we'll see how nightmare is
>regular ants fuck me up if I'm not tryharding
Guess Hardest is there for a reason huh?

>nightmare

Attached: ggggg.jpg (840x769, 220K)

>skipping ultra-violence

game crashed
Yea Forumsdf
rage
75. HARDEST

Room name:balls
Normal
Ps4
Mission 20

1 spot open

Anyone?

>PS4
You're a bit late to the party user.

god I love the jackhammer

1 slot open here

Gotta argue one extreme, else it'll get worse. If collecting all boxes at the end of a mission is a controversial issue, then of course unlocking all weapons max level is wrong, activating god mode, etc. And it'll stay that way.

rip?

>tfw host accidentally presses alt + f4
H-he'll be back right?

Attached: 1562717062961.png (489x424, 129K)

how do you know he pressed alt f4?

I didn't alt+f4, room is back up. My Internet connection went down in a weird cascading failure, everything disconnected but not all at once. I was talking to someone about my EDF crashing and then that went down too. But we're all back in.

Because the lobby abruptly closed

i never have a problem with it, try using windowed full screen

Sorry, wrong game, meant to say Lunatic.

get it right idiot, it's dante must die

Impressed they actually put alt+F4 protection in the game. Pressing alt+F4 does the same thing as pressing ESC on the title screen (bring up yes/no box). Not sure if it drops that concept in mission but it can be ruled out as a possibility.

>he doesn't have borderless options

Attached: edf specialk.png (565x259, 87K)

>We shall name this monster, DEATH QUEEN
Hardest scares me, I fear Inferno

Attached: scare potatoe.png (738x537, 437K)

Wait, there's new dialogue in hardest?

Yes, for the new enemy types

Hardest adds new waves and sometimes enemy types earlier than usual, there's dialogue for when silver spiders show up in the new wave for the "SAVING EUROPE" mission

hardest is the comfiest i think, it's just enough to be interesting, but you can also completely smash it if you have a good team or a good plan

even when you're playing on easier difficulties, they still say something about there being new types during that mission. It's a little odd.

Buyfag Lobby
Hardest 44
Yea Forumsdf
rage

Attached: bongo.gif (540x540, 52K)

cores are for the benefit of weapons, for the most part

combine it with the D series Mag Blasters to become laser commando

Attached: edfohgodwtf.jpg (850x1126, 987K)

Anyone down for inferno?

Disagree. The highest rank short-range (which are your bread and butter) weapons for WD on higher difficulties will usually carry you through the entire campaign. You're mostly keeping the same weapons, so your energy costs go down, and you can commit more energy to flying. In inferno, you have access to the Phalanx ZT and the M5. M5 does less damage overall, but it usually does enough damage, and it's easier to use. Lances follow a similar pattern, you get the Tri Dragoon, which does a fuckton of damage, but isn't really practical, or you can just use the head-busting M4 that you got at rank 61, which has enough damage. WD is designed to bring in old cheap weapons, except when she needs a fancy specialty weapon, so your extra core energy goes to flying instead of guns.

Play Wing Diver.

Attached: wingdiver_clothed.png (1350x2400, 1.9M)

I tried that thing
Game refuse to even start up

I am, but I don't like it.

it's more fun when you stop being like this fag and start playing with more of the weapons instead of endless dragoon and phalanx

Attached: 71171700_p3.jpg (640x480, 84K)

At least it went out on a high note. Iron Rain doesn't count.

based kaldaien dabbing on pirates

>close range high risk reward isn't fun
I like a fuckton of the weapons, even tried to make pure trash like closed laser and grit gun useful. But short range is her most effective and most fun role.

Does the game only count online completion toward removing limits?

I own the game
I still get the whitescreen problem

yes

yes

I don't understand people sometimes. If you plan on cheating, couldn't you be a bit more subtle?

Attached: nothing suspicious here.jpg (135x140, 9K)

his team wouldnt pick up crates, its not his fault

Nice!

reddit.com/r/EDF/comments/cdelil/guide_how_to_get_a_perfect_borderless_window_in/

Did you do this user?

Yea Forumsdf
rage
inferno
weapon limit off

He's just that good.
I saw an Air Raider with 30k health and 71% completion yesterday. He was Chinese so it might be legit, but on the other hand he was Chinese and those fuckers always cheat.

This is a game about shooting bugs, not picking up boxes, duh.

But user, if you won't pick up boxes, you will be bad at shooting bugs.

Picking up boxes is a part of it. People would play differently if they didn't have to keep box collection in mind.

What if when you picked up boxes it upgraded your NPC infantry friends too. And they each could pick up boxes while following you around the map.

>kill high value targets
>they drop boxes
>i pick up the boxes
>my team who did nothing gets access to the boxes
It's not fair.

is this communism?

Teamwork

You can reduce your max armor in the option menu and it gets reflected on the lobby. Maybe, just maybe he did reduce his armor for the challenge.

but why would he reduce it to such an odd number

what i wanna know is where do the aliens get all the boxes

From the box store

From soldiers they're ate.

Mission 81 is a lot more interesting when nobody gets in the Barga.

Attached: mission 81.webm (696x392, 2.94M)

It's not like you type in the new armor value. He held it down until he got around the value he wanted and didn't care to move it to an even number.

How did the shotgun ayys not instantly melt you

My boy in base spamming that pink shit was blowing off their limbs and stunning them, he did a ton of work with that Geist D.

but what about the aliens that don't ate?

Why

1 slot open

They ayys and the humans have several different aggro mechanics. If they are unaggroed, they tag the first one to reach their field of vision. When they are aggroed, they hit the last one to damage them and if there is no one to attack they return to the unaggroed stance.

well i gotta say. meeting the wasp queen on hard in 4.1 was kinda...disappointing.

it should also be added that they move to the last seen position of an enemy before returning into patrol mode.

What's your least favorite mission?

Hard mode: no assaulting the outpost.

The one with the beehive

What core are you using?

Any mission that has the possibility to aggro the entire map online

83 or something, where you're alone in the underground.

Stop using phobos.

Attached: zYakpYc.png (262x296, 75K)

99 for performance reasons and 107 because what the fuck

bloody battle. it allows me to unleash air raider's might on a variety of targets. and then scoop lots of loot afterward

Attached: rtf821xd8ta31.png (640x795, 987K)

He said LEAST, stupid Airhead Raider

Do people still play EDF4?

This looks interesting, but don't know if I want to pay $60

V5 Plasma, why?

yes but there's no reason to buy it since 5 is better in pretty much every single regard

edf/v/
rage
mission 8
hardest

Any mission where you fight (or, more accurately, chase around) waves upon waves of nothing but drones.

Nigger you dont need to tell me, tell that to everyone else playing online

Attached: 1544565479549.png (800x659, 335K)

Why, my peenus of course :)

>doing DLC1 at Hard for first time, have yet to finish first playthrough in main story
>drops are lower levels than my weapons but it's fine
>get to infiltrate base mission of the DLC
>green ants
Who is the sadistic bastard who looked at these fuckers and said "yes, these are fine"
the armored frogs at the end of the mission were a complete fucking joke in comparison

just shoot them. they have no hp and go down fast

I wish EDF didn't bore me to tears because I love Starship Troopers and multiplayer games. I don't find anything about it engaging though. The enemy AI is non-existent and the pacing is weirdly slow most of the time.

health pickups should work like they do for npc partymates imo.

it starts off slow for like the first 20 mission but afterwards it picks up

sorry. I was in an optimistic mood

Attached: 75682432_p8.jpg (619x540, 64K)

they are also fast

You're probably gay

Makes sense, I've never managed to get past even 5 of them in the EDFs I've played. Why does it take so long to get better?

what class? ranger's got piercing rifles that make mincemeat of em.

Fencer

only an issue for ranger and AR. the former can use quick reload weapons like monsoon shotguns which kill greens in a single shot and the latter can use any vehicle with flamethrowers

anything with Archelus showing up and fucking around for a couple minutes until he peaces out, bonus points if there's barely any monsters for drops

>Fencer
nigger, that's the most mobile and versatile class of the game.
two ways to deal with greens:
>abuse hyper armor with Vulcan Hammer since it makes it impossible for you to ragdoll
>dashjump kite them all while spamming jackhammer+dexter

try paired vulcan hammers. use uncharged swings. you still get the damage resistance and the uncharged swings are still strong enough to rip through em.

paired force blades/force ax works well too. you get 20 swings with maxed stats. should be enough range to tear right through the whole throng

Attached: 66996817_p0.jpg (900x981, 604K)

i used Blashole+Dexter and Dispersal+UT2 Gantling

because a lot of the early missions are set-up missions/intros

>paired vulcan hammers
>uncharged swings
but you can chain charged swings too. only reason to use uncharged is if you want to make use of its greater range.
Also I remembered that Vibro Rollers are fucking amazing in that regard. They dish out just enough damage to kill greens and thus you can clear an entire group with a single swing. Only issue is that you can't move your camera before initiating the attack or else it aims off to the side

well ya, the shockwave from uncharged swings will hit more greenies further out

1 slut mission 83

Outpost is fine when your team isn't cowardly little shits.

one spot open

SNIBETY SNAB >:D

What kills drones as a solo airraider?

gunship strikes.

From my experience as a newfag who's only done missions 1-12 so far:
>Turrets
>Limpet Gun
>NPCs
>Prayer

bulge laser, espcially great if you place it where they spawn thus instakilling them
autocannons
gunships

On mission 26 hardest now, 2 slots

Are the weapons you are currently using more likely to upgrade than ones you aren't, or is it just my imagination?

just your imagination. I spent 10 hours trying to get a hell flame revolver to drop with a better stat, I think in that time period I got like, 3, maybe 4 max drops of it.

I like outpost because as ranger I get to leisurely snipe all the guns off it

HOSTILE
FORCES

WHICH FORCE SPECIFICALLY?

AR vehicles seem to do shit for damage

Did this just come out in China or something? I swear every room name is gobbledy-gook now. I miss playing with people I could understand.

Get a Revolver Nyx, its the best one
Flame Nyx are alright too

The tanks and apcs are used for shooting weakpoints you can't hit with your airstrikes. The Nyxs are used for fire support, unless you have a red one. Red Nyxs are used for close quarters. The big tank is pretty much an artillery gun that you use for memes. And Barga is what you use to fight god.

Combat nyx is pretty nice, it's the best I have right now
Naeglant is nice for bees and toadshits, but dies fast
Blacker ED is nice for looting boxes and decent damage

The titan(?) mech is remarkably nice for defending a spot, the mission where about a thousands rollypollies run over a hill, I called in that big mecha me and a mate blapped basically ALL of them with the side cannons, so easy. Mid seat is nice for AA

It's 4pm in China right now, so of course it's going to be more active at the moment.

Damn it all, they've got 10% completion and 20k health. I just want some honest EDF.

why the fuck are there so many rooms on easy/normal right now

hard is hard

hardest is hard, hard is normal.

Fucking CASUALS
probably people new to the series

What's wrong with playing on the intended difficulty? Hard's just for an extra challenge.

>scout the outpost
>solo raider
holy fuck shit my supple yet fragile ass is bloodied raw from all these drones shoving themselves in and stunlocking me fuck off christ

Attached: 1506783391505.png (539x540, 451K)

hard is actually easier since you get much better weapons and gear

>intended difficulty
the descriptions are full of shit just like how they say that ranger is good for beginners when he's actually the hardest class due to no mobility and weak arsenal compared to all the other classes.
if that isn't enough for you, consider the fact that all the fun weapons and items only start dropping from hard onwards

edf/v/
No password because it seems dead at the moment
Hardest
Mission 6

>caves missions on hardest
>glowing eyes of metal monsters in the dark

Attached: tenor (4).gif (244x250, 848K)

Room down, ded game.

>peer into the abyss
>it looks back

Attached: 1564803503857.jpg (1920x1080, 415K)

why can't my wing diver wear striped panties

>only one pair
Were it always so merciful.

How i use the Vulcan Hammer on fencer?

Room finished, ran for eight hours, good times.

I dont think you understand user
thats a queen

>Were it always so merciful.
user...... on inferno there are more then just one

Pair it with a boost jump weapon and charge it while dashjumping then release it when you run out of dashjumps

Sorry, I thought we were talking about hardest

Doing DLC missions and late campain ones made me realize i have seriously no idea of how to play Fencer in certain missions
Like this one of the DLC with lots of giants pylons in the city
How i am supposed to solo a pylon mission like this with Fencer? And it's just Hard difficulty

>say EDF
>no one says EDF back
Why are pubs so quiet?

Don't play with pubs.

Where the lobbies at I feel like not sleeping

I am too busy trying to solo a DLC mission to host
I am at at my 20th failure in DLC mission 7
I really just dunno what loadout use for this

you nuke the pylons that make bees first, then somehow sort out the rest.

edf/v/
pass: rage
hardest mission 23

I dunno how to nuke them fast enough without getting swarmed obviously

if it's the mission I'm thinking of, all the pylons start inactive, and only activate when one near them is attacked (so for the most part, attacking them starting from the middle is a bad idea). I find it kind of bullshit that penetrating weapons like sniper rifles dont actually penetrate pylons though, so you can't get into a good spot and then shoot through like 10 of them at once.

FUCK I woke up and my ps4 controllers fucked.

Even if i attack one of the side i feel like all gets activated
I spent almost 2 hours now on this single mission

what are some decent weapons on WD ? i swear i tried many weapons but always end up using phallanx and double lance and some time the big plasma canon to snipe.
note: I'm 40 mission in my first ever playthrough (hard mode)

Destroyer blaster

Do you really need to grind for inferno? I'm at mission 75 on hardest and it seems fine so far without any grinding at all even though I've got like half the armor of everyone and almost no maxed weapons.

BUYFAG
VDF
RAGE
INFERNO
MISSION 101

loli frog cunny vs big chad dick

The most braindead simple strategy with Fencer is to dashjump kite the shit out of everything.
Blasthole spear+Dispersal mortar is my favorite in that regard. The blasthole packs quite a punch against anything big but due to PT can be used against crowds too and the dispersal can be used to hit crowds, single big enemies and pylons from a small distance.

2/4

>Do you really need to grind for inferno?
Not at all. Playing through hardest should get you enough armor to be fine in inferno

I tried that, can't kite so much and i also can't dashjump forever
I am giving up on solo DLC for now, weapon drops are 20 levels below me and i am still feel too weak for it

>bringing bike to underground mission

big brain tactics

Attached: 1559444799257.png (1137x805, 556K)

that fucking filename

On solo. Online maybe if you finish it with all classes.

how do I change save file name

everyone sees me joining games as Callsign and think I am retarded

Attached: 1559237079465.gif (700x500, 136K)

When should I start farming armor
Or alternatively, how much armor would it be good/required to have at some key points in the game

>can't dashjump forever
if you have at 4+ dashes you can do that pretty easily since the boost jump cooldown is ~4 grounded dashes long (or 3 if you delay them).
Alternatively you can bridge the cooldown with any striker that gives you hyperarmor (massive damage reduction+no ragdoll). In that regard I'd recommend Vulcan Hammer. You can put it on your second weapon set.

online is even easier though since you can shift the focus of the enemies and strategize, assuming you're playing with people that aren't braindead

>When should I start farming armor
never

I don't think i was slacking in boxes collecting and i had barely 2k armor after finishing hard + hardest. Online inferno is doable with that if you damn good, sure, but you go down the second something gives you mean eye.

I am playing with my retarded friend who plays ranger and keeps running right into the epicenter of the battle and getting fucking destroyed by frogs and spiders despite me telling him not to do that every fucking time though
I don't want to play on normal and miss out on equipment, but I find it difficult to carry solo as an air raider without armor and good equips

Go have some fun and pal around in random lobbies without your friend then. You'll get armor and upgrades without having to just grind the same mission over and over alone.

Real dead hours. I transcribed the VA credits out of boredom, props if anyone can find other roles some of these guys have done VA for since I tried a few like for Sarge and couldn't find shit.

pastebin.com/yp8JkVa2

I just start over from mission 1 and collect boxes like usual. I tried farming gammas on mission 87 inferno and got bored after 3 repeats of that.

>but you go down the second something gives you mean eye
sure but by that point you should understand enemies well enough to be able to negate most damage.
also you gotta consider that players can revive each other which is a massive gamechanger

>air raider without armor
as an AR you shouldn't even be worrying about armor since you should always be unreachable to the enemy through either distance or by being inside vehicles.
>good equips
you always get better equipment as you move through missions and difficulties. thus you get shittier stuff on easier difficulties

Best tip is to get somebody else to join your two man group to help you out

nuke the friend then. make him useful

Nuking isn't always going to be an effective solution user.

That mission has only one golden queen on both inferno and hardest. And a few waves of green ants to surprise you too.

mother monster*

>ants
?

It's the fan nickname for alphas.

I don't get it.

We're talking about a horde of 10 meter monsters!

Yeah, I understand that as an AR I shouldn't be on the frontlines, but once the dumbfuck kills himself, the enemy attention switches to me and I get swarmed
We're at around mission 36 and the best I have is Kamuy and Nix A, and they start to feel a bit lacking, at least the Nix.
Maybe I'll just really play some random lobbies
Thing is, it doesn't really work. I nuked him, I refused to revive him, he may then proceed to stay away, for a mission or two, but then he proceeds to do it again. I might just tell him to try and switch to Wing Diver or Fencer so he at least would have the tools to survive in the fight but I don't know if he could handle them

>I don't know if he could handle them
Fencer is pretty simple once you understand dashjumping

Dunno how but managed in the end
God if pylons missions are stressing solo
Online i like get high ground and shell them fast but solo and endgame ones are simply just pain still

Attached: 20190804124606_1.jpg (1920x1080, 671K)

can't do 43 on hard as ranger, NPCs die basically instantly on second wave of anchors and then it's gg because I can't deal with the horde myself

Nice!

don't aggro every single anchor like a fool. wait for them all to fall, head to the park, and fight them a couple at a time. you can attack the very low anchor (in the waterway), and the very tall normal anchor (next to the right side big anchor) without aggroing any other anchors next to them.

Attached: 71171700_p4.jpg (480x640, 142K)

Press the button it tells you to press.

Attached: 20190804064119_1.jpg (1523x960, 470K)

Attached: 1504514115324.jpg (1155x385, 120K)

>join a Yea Forums room
>they quit for me
>leave anyway
:^)