Other urls found in this thread:

steamcommunity.com/id/xbeelzebub/
youtu.be/o4T_gY1er5I?t=90
steamcharts.com/app/282440
youtube.com/watch?v=owpHC4Pg550
clips.twitch.tv/DelightfulBrightSaladAliens
nextleveldesign.org/index.php?/featured-content/news/quake-sewer-map-jam-r9/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Looks pretty fun. It certainly has a Reddit-artstyle going for it like Overwatch and MOBAs.

>arena shooter
dead on arrival

hope so

>2GD
I knew I recognized that voice
Jackass

>he only just realised 2GD was working on this
welcome to 4-5yrs ago

I didn't know the game existed until 2 minutes ago.

he was kinda vocal about it around 2015 when he dropped out of the dota2 scene, but I guess he has been kinda quiet since then

JAMES IS AN ASS
JAMES IS AN ASS

Looks like balls.

>Overwatch Quake
>saving the FPS genre
No

I fucking love James.

there's nothing overwatch in it

1$ has been deposited in your account

>5v5s only
>Overwatch hud

yeeaaah i'll skip this one

based

only casuals don't like arena shooters

>Overwatch Quake
you mean Quake Champions?

kill yourself

Why did you get the idea it's only 5v5?

That just looks like a shitty Quake knock-off.

Attached: 1414600250750.gif (220x212, 2.57M)

Because that's all that's shown in an hour long video, as well as being how it is in Overwatch, which this game is clearly trying to mimic

This game has everything arenafags have been demanding and if it flops, that's it - nothing else is on the horizon.

Maybe you should actually play games for a change.

>you mean Quake Champions
Good point

>Arenafags have been demanding 10 man servers

Attached: 32873700_630645137290172_1981427074031681536_n.jpg (480x316, 27K)

this desu.
yes they don't and they keep dying.
just like rts every time something comes out it gets no player base and dies. admittably a lot of the time it's just because the games are shit but even when the devs put effort in and year later the game is actually good people wont bother playing it.

Was that suppose to look fun? Cause it didn't

I want DM with no class weapon sets, I doubt this game will have either, so it can fuck off.

AMA I'm in the closed beta

It has both. Again you know nothing about it but dismiss it. Arena's dead and it's your own fucking fault.

Why?

So quake, with the shitty overwatch artstyle?
Might as well just play quake.

Why what

What's the point of t his game? It brings nothing new. It's just Quake

just why?

classic arenafag post

why aren't you playing quake then you stupid cunt?

Looks fun as fuck, but theres no chance an arena shooter survives past a week.

>This game has everything arenafags have been demanding and if it flops, that's it - nothing else is on the horizon.

No it's not.
I want a new UT game that isn't dogshit. When did we get this last?

Attached: 1438623970499.gif (300x300, 2M)

Quake Fortress 3 Arenawatch.

I'll pass.

How about making a game that improve on quake rather than downgrade it?

UT3 and UT4 were fine. You chose not to play them.

Play xonotic instead

What the fuck? This map with the same exact layout and theme (Japanese whatever) has been in tf2,overwatch, even law breakers

this
liking/disliking has nothing to do with game's life expectancy, you fucking retard

>UT3 and UT4 were fine. You chose not to play them.
I own the limited edition of UT3 and I made maps for UT4.
But please, make more ignorant assumptions.
Why don't you share some more ignorant ideas on why you think UT4 was canceled while you're at it.

Face it, OPs game doesn't look good at all and there are so many things the devs would need to change for the game to even have a chance.

thought graphics didn't matter lads

thought it was all gameplay lads

Reminder the last (good) Quake game came out 20 years ago.

There's a reason Quake Champions is dead. Only a retard would play QC over this.

quake > ut

correct, only casuals care about graphics and this isn't exactly a game for casuals

Both are lacking.
Or rather, the biggest issue with the visuals are the player characters. Who exactly are those designs trying to appeal to? Not the niche hardcore players and do you truly believe the masses want to play as balls? That they would stop playing their Overwatch, Paladins or what the fuck ever to play as balls?

Wrong.
The weapons are one of the most important aspects of an arena shooter and they're vastly inferior to the ones in UT. They're both more shallow and bland in Quake.

The artstyle is just dogshit

Attached: boone.jpg (900x900, 110K)

>arena shooter
>not f2p
dead on arrival

not him but Quake literally has perfect weapons, all of them being useful in different situations, UT is a bunch of gimmicky shit spam weapons that overlap each other, you might be retarded, I bet you think UT has better movement as well (lol)

but apparently it's terrible that the artstyle reminds them of overwatch because graphics suddenly matter or something

>Both are lacking.
you've seen some wipeout gameplay and think you know everything

balls fit a tankjr sized hitbox

>Who exactly are those designs trying to appeal to?
who gives a shit you fucking brainlet

graphics don't matter do they quakebros. all about the gameplay dude.

yeah well both are dead so it's all immaterial

YOU DESERVE IT

I see you're heavily biased, meaning no reasonable discussion can happen with you.

>arena shooters only failed because the newer ones weren't 100% exact clones of VQ3, it's because the new ones were so shit that nobody keeps playing them
>Reflex died because it had CPMA movement instead of VQ3 movement, that is why it didn't attract any new players
>Warsow died because uhh... shit artstyle?
>dude, all you need to do for a succesful arena shooter is clone VQ3 with mod support and more game modes, no not Reflex that one doesn't count
>it's not the fact that all new arena shooters are virtually indistinguishable from Q3A on the surface on top of sharing near-identical movement techniques and approach to weapon design/item control/map design that casuals aren't getting into arena shooters, not at all
>if it isn't a Quake/UT clone, it's shit
how fucking dense can you boomers be

>graphics=artstyle
based retard

I can't wait to buy this on the Epic Games Store!

>don't play cpm
>whine about arena games being dead
>don't play ut3
>don't play warsow
>don't play nexuiz
>don't play reflex
>don't play diabotical
yeah, rip

I hope so! Anyone want to play Quake with me in the meantime? Add me up on steam
Mostly been playing QW lately

>you've seen some wipeout gameplay and think you know everything
Do you think the masses will take extensive deep looks into this shit? No, they will judge it on their first impression. They won't find this shit appealing.

As for the hardcore, they can potentially overlook the visuals and balls (but that doesn't mean they like it). But for that to happen you need to blow them away with the gameplay, not just make an uninspired copy.

You come across as either one of the devs or a deluded fanboy of this game. Either way your attention should be directed at fixing the game instead of blaming others.
That's what good, intelligent and talented devs do. They don't blame others, they just solve the problem.

Attached: 1440060554381.gif (170x123, 1.57M)

oh no no no

Attached: file.png (1920x1080, 1.65M)

I can't fucking wait for this to come out so I can play it while all the casual shitters choke on their "nobody plays arena shooters" cope

arena shitters are finally gonna come back

You can have a game like papers please have a good artstyle despite having bad graphics, i think you are missing the point

>I see you're heavily biased, meaning no reasonable discussion can happen with you.
>Face it, OPs game doesn't look good at all and there are so many things the devs would need to change for the game to even have a chance.

Fuck off UTard, you haven't quantified anything.

>not just make an uninspired copy.
Diabotical is a bit more than a direct copy of VQ3.

What problem? It looks clean and that's what matters. Visibility is very important in an arena shooter.

>game is bad because it's quake
t. brainlet
>game is good because it offers you everything that was standard ten years ago instead of a matchmaking, microtransaction and DLC based locked down planned obsolescence piece of shit
t. based

No one will waste time on you when you come off as an irrational juvenile. FYI.

>it doesn't appeal to me so it doesn't appeal to anyone
if it looked like quake you'd be shitting over it for being an exact clone

just enjoy not playing games if that's what you wish

>Don't play a 5v5 team based shooter with the HUD ripped straight from overwatch
>WHY WONT ANYONE PLAY ARENA SHOOTERS ANYMORE BAWWW

Because arena shooters have had 30+ man servers since the 90s and this shit is just fucking embarassing, the fact you didn't even mention Toxikk shows you don't actually care about or even play arena shooters, just your idea of what you think they are. Back to Overwatch faggot.

>I have no arguement so I'll just tone police
You lost. GG EZ.

this is not a 5v5 game

>30+ man servers since the 90s
I think they called those games ZFPS or combined arms FPS, not arena you retard

Prove it

>mention toxikk
>probably get called clueless or something
you have exactly what you deserve: no games

Really? UT was a ZFPS? Lmao, sure whatever.

looks kino

Add splitgate arena to that green text

>who gives a shit you fucking brainlet
absolutely everyone.
you can take 30 years old famous licences and you can recognize their design in a heartbeat, if I tell you "symetrical brown temple floating in space" you know exactly which map I refer to despite the licence beign dead for 20 years
what do you have here ? bootleg hanamura where you play as a robot ball
great, trully something that will break conventions and will be successful

The fuck are you talking about I have a dozen different games I play, some of them with up to 64 man servers, I know right? It must be inconceivable to you.

zfps is tribes you dumbass

Uh huh. Some borderline inconsequential details, I'll bet. It took me not even 5 seconds to tell that they're heavily trying to mimic Quake.

Disregarding the bland uninspired visuals and map design, no one wants to play as a fucking ball. Neither the hardcore or the masses.
If you're telling me that the masses that play Overwatch, Paladins, Fortnite, etc. would love to play as a ball over their Mercy, Widowmaker, Genji, or whatever then you're delusional.

oof

Attached: trash.webm (544x416, 787K)

>arena FPS has a playerbase of about 2,000 people
>that 2000 are split between 10 games
>those 10 games have 10 different rulesets
/arena/ did this to themselves

>1 minute 20 secondes in
>"you have to wipe out the enemy team"
>green team has 5 players, blue team has 5 players
big think

>Oh no I entered a thread about something I dislike and now I am mad. How could this happen!?

>UT is an arena shooter
Protip: It had arena modes mostly in 99 and some in later games, but the absolute most you'd fit on maps made for those was 12 players (or before it goes to shit with downtime issues)
The big clue that should have made you really think was how after 99 they started adding more large player count modes and maps like 2k4's ASS and ONS, which do not enable arena FPS gameplay at all.

There hasn't been a netcode pass yet

No, I am analyzing the game and saying why it will flop.
If you can't handle reasonable criticism then I sincerely hope you're not one of the devs. Because you lack the qualites of any half decent game dev.

imagine autistically screeching NOBODY WANTS TO PLAY AS A BALL for like an hour. nobody fucking cares fuck off.

that's one game mode

I wanted to give that a quick go, but I had to abandon it because
>by default everyone is white
>no forcemodel to enable snowflakes to customise themselves
>white and bloom everywhere
considering my best friend is colourblind, we had to ditch it right there and then, terrible fucking art design.

and tribes had large player counts, what exactly are you trying to argue here?

you're right i'm 2gd

actually i'm just desperate for the last arena game in development to actually get a playerbase otherwise it's over

all about the gameplay lads

>you need to blow them away with gameplay
Literally any time a new arena shooter tries to veer away from Quake it's met by disgust from veterans
In previous threads you already had people getting upset over Diabotical having UT-dashes, or Reflex movement being CPMA instead of VQ3, or movement in Warsow allowing you to fly across the map, or some other minor reason like not being able to support 30-man servers which is clearly the main reason why said game failed
And then you have shit like Quake Champions with its new addition of champions and abilities, which in all fairness were executed horribly, but almost nobody appreciated it for trying to make iself stand out in a subgenre where there only UT and Quake are different from eachother, while the rest is a blatant clone of either two

Of course, if you were to veer from this formula, people would say it's no longer an arena shooter because they're more concerned about protecting their precious brand than clamoring for some necessary innovation in a horribly stagnated subgenre as you proceed to say "a good arena shooter past Q3A has never been made"

In fact, these new arena shooters don't exist to try something new and unique with arena shooter gameplay, they merely serve to drum up hype with their release in order to bring back veterans and attract newbies, they're only meant to jolt this gay subgenre up for a month or two and the veterans know and acknowledge this

another flop

So still, even 99 had more players than this trainwreck? Putting a class-based shooter player limit on an arena shooter is fucking retarded no matter how you wanna spin it.

yikes

Attached: garbage.webm (880x704, 1.09M)

>nobody fucking cares
Literally everybody cares.

You think if you replaced the player models with cubes that didn't animate and the levels were just blockouts with placeholder materials people "wouldn't care" and rush out to play the game?

You're delusional if you seriously believe no one cares about aesthetics. People can spend absurd amounts of money on lootboxes with cosmetics in them, yet you think that how a game and their characters look doesn't matter?
Jesus fucking christ.

why aren't you playing quake 3?

>t. I never actually played CA
Now matter how you want to spin it, the proof is right there in front of you in video format: If there was any more players in this mode, the pacing would snowball every round on who lost two players first and there being no come back. If there was less, finding the one last player and securing the kill would be more difficult.
Player count literally only matters if it contributes to the health of the game, not your retarded obsession of cramming as many players in one space.

>footage of Quake 3 being played in the background by pros with no textures, no weapon viewmodels, simple 2D graphics for pick-ups, and bright green player models forced on

got em

setting it up for modern pc is fucking annoying.
writing 200 line conf file is annoying.
most servers are filled with bots, there just are not many players.

RTS died because misguided devs decided the genre is all about PvP. Major parts of RTS fanbases who were into the genre for campaigns, skirmishes and co-op simply went somewhere else.

>Literally any time a new arena shooter tries to veer away from Quake it's met by disgust from veterans

Because the devs don't understand what they're doing.
I could write several pages worth of text explaining what they did wrong and what they need to do to make something that even has a chance at being successful, but what's the point?
The key lies in recreating the experience and emotions, not copying or muck about with some quake/ut core gameplay.

oh shit looks like you're going to have to play one of the modern quake-inspired arena FPSes then

either that or shut the fuck up about arena being dead

nobody added me, does anybody in this thread play AFPS or just larp?

Game looks nice, got that warsow vibe, the damage numbers also looked small like in warsow.
That healing grenade is questionable though.
Hope you can have some mipmaps.

r_picmip 9

Honestly no Quake fan has any reason to play this. It's the same game with gay robots which is boring as fuck

>multiplayer only arena shooter
Hahahhaha
No

That is an established game with an established hardcore fanbase.

It's not a new IP trying to make it big.

But sure, delude yourself into thinking that aesthetics don't matter. That "no one cares". See how well your games does.

>Awful name
>Kickstarter
>Arena shooter
It'll probably be dead even faster than Lawbreakers. Sorry user

Attached: QuickDose.gif (426x236, 954K)

Maybe The Last of Us is more up your street.

That is correct.

It seems no Quake fan has any reason to play Quake either.

SPHERICAL

>Maybe The Last of Us is more up your street.
Literally every single game dev uses PEG and Design Pillars today. According to you they're all Naughty Dog.
You know absolutely nothing about game development.

>It's Quake live with dash key
>That will be $15 please

Attached: 1487215632564.jpg (641x634, 99K)

>a new IP
A new IP trying to attract an audience who play their games with every graphical setting turned down for maximum readability. You seriously think they give a shit about aesthetics?

i don't like the balls, therefore nobody will like the game. games like apex and fortnite are big because of their incredible character designs, who give the players an experience(TM)

or something

>apkeks
>incredible character design

Jesus Christ, just reading this thread refelcts what's going to happen. Turbo autist veterans who clinge to a distorted memory of arena shooters won't be pleased. It doesn't matter how they really were in the past, the game won't reach their warped idea of that genre. Not even a carbon copy of quaker oats will fulfill it.
And new zoomers will get wrecked or not care, because it's too hard and ranking would be necessary to save their booties from turbo autists wrecking servers.
Buy it day one, play it a month and then see how everyone and their mothers leave it because they don't want to get recked by aspergers who play like their life is depending on it.

Attached: modern warfare.jpg (1280x720, 95K)

>waah graphics
James knows his audience, which he is also a part of.

?

Honestly, if its just Quake with matchmaking for duels I'll be happy.
I just want to queue up and play some duels without having to beg discord trannies for games.

most actual quake players are hyped for this game

I think it's more complicated than that. The way I see it there's two camps of the arena shooters. The UT camp and the Quake camp. Some play both, some only play UT or Quake. But everyone that says "arena shooters" are dead constantly just bring up these fucking indie games like they could possibly match UT or Quake which just isn't gonna happen

So using your logic, this small hardcore playerbase doesn't care. So why waste time and money on developing any graphics at all? Why not have the materials be flat colors and the player characters be cubes?
I mean, it doesn't matter right and they don't care?

Are you telling me that if you showed a picture of the ball characters in this game and the lineup of say Overwatch, most people would say they liked the balls more, right?
You're then saying that if they were then asked which game they would rather play (if they played identically) they would pick the one with the balls?

This is strictly from an aesthetic POV. You're saying it doesn't matter at all.

Hasn't this game been in development for like ten years? By someone with NO gaming dev exp? It looks fucking shit

apex possibly has the ugliest characters of any video game ever made so your entire argument is wrong

Why are you even pretending that this is some misunderstood masterpiece and everyone else but the devs are to blame?

Come back here after the game is a smashing success story then.

>Why not have the materials be flat colors
visual cues about location, geometry and distance. landmarks. at the same time it has to be unobtrusive, low-frequency and low-contrast.

aesthetics police

my point exactly you silly cunt

fuck off syncerror, nobody likes you

Throwing my ID out again, add me up if you like AFPS, I mostly play QW right now but enjoy QL AG QC and tons of others.

Attached: hentaifingering6.gif (240x160, 889K)

>brainlets ITT literally unable to figure out that the robots are balls because that means the models match a spherical hitbox keeping aiming consistent across different vertical angles, just one of many new things this game is doing while keeping the formula that Quake 3 perfected (and not shitting all over it like QC did as well as most of the other failed Quake clones people love bringing up as much as possible despite knowing nothing about them)

>visual cues about location, geometry and distance. landmarks. at the same time it has to be unobtrusive, low-frequency and low-contrast.

None of that contradicts the choice of the materials being flat, geometry simple and the character meshes just cubes.

>aesthetics police
You have no counter arguments. You know you're wrong but you're in denial.
Or do you think you can't be wrong about anything ever? That if you're stumped that doesn't mean you're wrong, only that the one that stumped you is stupid?

bruh imagine if we take overwatch and quake 3 and merget it with 30 fps gameplay.

it will die in a week with 250 peak players.

this isn't an argument, you're just getting extremely angry about your personal preference

I NO LIKE BALL

You can make hitboxes align with good visual design.
In any case, you people are claiming that visuals don't matter anyway. But then you also think that going beyond prototype meshes and materials is necessary, for some reason.

arena shooters are objectively superior though, there just haven't been any good ones lately (the most popular one is QC for fucks sake and that game is literally an abomination on every level)

Post your proposal for a character design that perfectly fills spherical hitboxes.

NO LIKE BALL

cutesy gay non-threatening graphics like overwatch because little babby is too scared to play dark quake

you cant even tell what weapon the balls have out or which way theyre looking

the same 20 pathetic apologists for this shit game itt are the only people that are going to play this at launch

This happened because a culture has formed around Q3A where it's treated as the pinnacle of skill, so veterans (most of these new arena shooter devs are indeed veterans) don't dare to fuck with perfection other than in minute areas with new movement techniques or the likes only pros give a shit about. And then boomers keep egging them on. Meanwhile if you try to do something different, it ain't Quake or an arena shooter, so your target audience would no longer care, and good luck trying to keep an indie multiplayer-only game alive.

>recreate the emotions
Arena shooters can't make you 16 again
You have Reflex, you have Nexuiz, you have Warsow, you have Xonotic, you still have QL and you're still trying to pretend there's a need for new arena shooters to appeal to nostalgia

>why not have the materials be flat and players be cubes
Guess how Minecraft and Ace of Spades turned out

Angry? No, if anyone is upset it's you.
I am saying that aesthetics matter. It impacts player interest.
You're in denial about this simple fact.
Also, it's not just the balls, but the overall bland visual artstyle. It has no visual identity.

If you're making a game for the masses aesthetics are incredibly important. For the hardcore it still matters, but to a lesser degree. But then literally everything else needs to be 100% on-point. Which this game isn't.

In other words, this game is doomed to fail.
If this game has been in development for liek 10 years as someone ITT suggested, then that's incredibly sad.
All that time, for a flop. Then the devs blame the world and not themselves. Quite sad.

"If it's not the single best game in the genre so far, I'm not buying it"

All of AFPS and RTS fans.

NO LIKE BALL

I'd play it, only because there's no fun shooter with a community atm

>Post your proposal for a character design that perfectly fills spherical hitboxes.
Why does it matter? You claim it doesn't.
Or did your tune change and now it matters?

I accept your concession.

who is their target audience? the core autists of overwatch and quake won't migrate to this and the shitters will get bored after 10 minutes

>Guess how Minecraft and Ace of Spades turned out
Those are exceptions to the norm and were incredibly fucking lucky. Especially in Minecraft's case.
If you design a game to have shit visuals and think "Well minecraft doesn't have good visuals and designs, so it doesn't matter!" then you're incredibly dumb.

While games don't always have to have great visuals, they do need a visual identity. Something people can see and instantly recognize as X game. It makes your game stand out and be remembered. Extensive research has gone into this topic to prove this. Books, GDC talks, dev interviews, etc.
This game doesn't even remotely have a visual identity.

Well it makes sense. I already own the best game in the genre and play it regularly with friends so there's no point in buying a new game.

BALLS BABABABA BALLS OF STEEL BABALL BALLS OF STEEL

>who is their target audience?
They themselves don't even know.

2gd's dickriders and online subhuman zoomers like OP that came from for sen's chat

it's basically people that will never and have never played any arena fps
probably trannies that played fortnite before this and decide this is the afps they will try so they can be part of a community (the only reason they play games)

also it's cool to hate on quake champions just like those youtube videos made for clicks telling you the game is dead etc

>Why does it matter? You claim it doesn't.
It still doesn't matter, but if you're willing to be a smartass and say that the game looks bad because balls and muh Overwatch cartoony graphics, then you'd better be prepared to provide an aesthetically more pleasing character design that can suit a spherical hitbox instead of complaining without providing a better alternative and lending your perspective some weight.

You may now proceed to make excuses why you shouldn't have to bother posing superior alternatives.

go back to your diabotical discord

>no visual identity
aside from the balls?

fuck off bethesda bot

>then you'd better be prepared to provide an aesthetically more pleasing character design
Why? I should sit here and star looking up and sketching up various new designs for someone that is 100% convinced it doesn't matter?

My arguments are already getting 100% ignored ITT and we have autists like screaming about balls.
It doesn't matter what I provided, you would just behave like every other close-minded defender of this game. Most likely like this guy I have already wasted enough time trying to be reasonable, so I might as well just leave the thread since there isn't a single open-minded person ITT defending this game.
Now by all means take this as a "win" for your closed off mind. Either way, you of all people can never be wrong.

>any in-game purchases are purely cosmetic
Dead on arrival

>do my job for me
you're a terrible marketer and dev

>NO LIKE BALL
off you go

desu I thought the people saying this game looks shit were just casuals who would hate on any arena shooter but then I saw them defending QC and it's obviously just bethesda shills kek

sad

>I have already wasted enough time trying to be reasonable, so I might as well just leave the thread since there isn't a single open-minded person ITT defending this game.
>Now by all means take this as a "win" for your closed off mind. Either way, you of all people can never be wrong.
Not that guy, but the better person would just leave without saying a word instead of trying to get the last word to look superior

No but the new CoD unironically will.

Even Overwatch managed to give a ball personality.
You're already stealing their graphical style, might as well steal their designs too while you're at it.

Attached: wrecking-ball-screenshot-01.jpg (2560x1440, 389K)

You left, remember?
>no dude not me
Exact same posting idiosyncrasies.

Go hate balls somewhere else.

CoD was also lowest common denominator trash for casuals and console normies, literally devoid of skill

will this babyish artstyle ever go away?

i feel like i'm trapped inside a giant appstore.

game looks fun, but then i really enjoyed quake champions despite id's best efforts to fuck it up. shame it died.

the aesthetic was great at least.

arenafags would rather play cod than quake

CoD2 onwards, yeah.

2gd should add little pets that control the balls, could even have little waifus, his game would actually be huge if he was smart enough to do this

Attached: harrington-orbb.jpg (1700x956, 460K)

ugly and not even spherical

This. Like why would I wanna buy a game that's gonna make money from selling skins? Fuck that

This would be pretty good actually

you dont like this game or arena fps
you want 2gd's dick in the back of your throat and a twitch chat to post your wrong and idiotic opinions in

Nice try James. It has been proven time and time again that Arena Shooter "fans" don't give a shit about the sub-genre even though they tout it as the pinnacle of the FPS genre.

>even though they tout it as the pinnacle of the FPS genre.
if it isn't what is then?

The artstyle reminds of of Warsow aka the best arena shooter ever made. I like it.

Attached: 1561663194293.png (196x197, 34K)

never played Warsow, why is it the best?

>It has been proven time and time again that Arena Shooter "fans" don't give a shit about the sub-genre
Surprise! Shitty indie games couldn't compare and veterans kept on playing Quake. Same will happen with Gaybotical

It's basically Q3 with a dash buttons that allows for quickly getting to speed and wall jumping.

>veterans kept on playing Quake
that's where you're wrong

game works on all operating systems.
cpma movement but wall dash is forgiving so even if you are not that good you can manage.

>heh you'RE wROng
Sure showed me

quake veterans played warsow and cpm, then ql, then nothing

quake veterans do not play quake

>RTS
I have like 6 or 7 friends who are super into RTS and none of them give a fuck about multiplayer. Focusing on multiplayer killed the genre, campaigns are what matter. Fuck StarCraft for killing the genre.

I got 10 people playing QL every week. We never play QC anymore because it's just garbage. The reason why shit games Dialator fail is because they don't understand what makes Quake fun in the first place

Looks fun. Hope it does well but it probably won't

go back to twitch and shut the fuck up

Dilate

Wanna do some duels later?

Warsow is dead, now the team is sperated over some in-house shitshow over the game and they're making warfork now (check it on steam) i would rather suggest on playing xonotic

>respawn timers

dead on arrival

Attached: 1315412018424.jpg (500x224, 41K)

arenafags everybody

I mean yeah, it's dead but it was still a great refinement of the Quake formula. Combined with the unique artstyle it made for an incredibly enjoyable arena shooter.

>i would rather suggest on playing xonotic
I do.
Tell me a server to join and we can play right now. I'm not good though, I'll tell you that.

I'm not on my pc right now user sorry

enjoy your overwatch/tf rehash for 10th time

>ITT SEETHING STEAM KEKS

Attached: 089b9eb0202c37dbf64592ff5153c078_full.jpg (406x720, 60K)

Sorry I already got people to play with. If you play QL regularly chances are we'd meet anyhow, if you're good enough I will ask you to join our group

why aren't you playing quake?

Sounds like you're dodging dude

>literal who game is autistically getting defended
couldn't be more obvious that devs are itt

>apex possibly has the ugliest characters of any video game ever made

Remember Brink?
No one remembers Brink.

Attached: brinkboys.jpg (638x356, 54K)

>fag infamous in the dota2 and quake communities is "literal who"
back to your smash thread

>everyone knows about my shit game, reeee
sure buddy, go cry yourself to sleep

It's just easier to find people in-game. I've found a couple playing co-op games for example. Yea Forums is the worst place to find players.

>i don't know how to fix my shit game, help me by answering questions
better prep for moving back into your parents house, champ, your game is dead

This post honestly reads so strangely. Do you have autism? Keep dodging duels bro.

remember the kickstarter trailer had awful overwatch and twitch chat memes in it youtu.be/o4T_gY1er5I?t=90

This is actually coming out?
Is it F2P? Else it's dead in a week.

@ 1:26 pretty much

when will fagget devs realize shooting robots isnt satisfying.

Looks like you're the one who doesn't have anybody to play with so I'm guessing you're the autistic one

I like the balls

>2016
so you play with your autist friends, good for you

"ugly"

people like ugly, at least they used to before high corporate flatshaded appstore faggotry made tote bag wearing cuckboys of a whole generation.

those people are not your audience.

In the future maybe try not being a douche? Nobody wants to play with you if you behave like a retard all the time

When will these retards realize that arena shooters were only popular because there was nothing else?

HELL YEA QUAKE BROS

the quake game we've been wanting now all 15 of us will finally show those fucking plebs arena shooters ARE BACK.

>do everything you can to make your game visually appeal to overwatch fags, including copying the font
>tell people to enjoy overwatch sarcastically

overwatch is like, done mate. you're making a game in a dead genre and hoping to be popular by apeing the presentation of a 3/4 year old game that nobody gives a shit about anymore. that and the worst character design in history.

it's just odd as hell.

People who design these games are big on creativity or effort and the jap temple theme is ultra easymode for low def textures and copy pasting assets.

>Pretending you're one of the 200 people on the entirety of earth actively playing QL on a daily basis.

>Pretending Diabotical isn't in response to the garbage that is Quake Champions.

JFL.

I feel bad for these guys man. Dedicating all this time to making an arena shooter in this day. I guess it must be a charity or they must all be retired or just really hate money.

i think they're just trying to garner enough interest for big timmy to cut them a cheque, then it doesn't matter when nobody buys/plays it.

No reason at all for EGC to pay for this trash.
Absolutely no one would be upset this game came to EGC because no one cares about this game.

>Damn I wish someone would make a new area shooter, shooters these days are fucking SHIT.
Gee dude, why not play Quake III again?
>Nah, that's too dated now, I want something like Quake III, but updated, you know?
Ok, what about this game?
>Nah, that's too different.
Ok, what about this one?
>Nah, that's just quake III with jet packs.
Ok, what about this one?
>Nah, I don't like games with classes.
Ok, what about this one?
>Nah, that's just quake III with vehicles.
Ok, what about this one?
>Nah, Arena shooters shouldn't have perks.
Ok, what about this one?
>Nah, that's just quake III with a pallet swap.
Ok, what about this one?
>Nah, arena shooters shouldn't have objective modes other than CTF.
Ok, what about this one?
>Nah, nobody plays Quake live.

>Fuck man, why can't anyone make a fucking arena shooter, fucking casual zoomers.

Attached: average arena shooter fan.jpg (305x400, 34K)

Delusional

people want a good game, not dumpster fires doomed to fail from the beginning like OP.

yea 15 people I agree

>people want a good game
That's the point. There is not good new area game, because the desire for new arena games is based on nostalgia, not actual interest in playing them.
If the game is a literal clone of quake or UT, then its a boring clone.
If the game tries to expand on the concept, then it's a dumbed down abortion.

Whether it's a clone of quake like this shit or something that tries to be it's own thing, it will never live up to the standards of arena shooter "fans" because the game they want is a logical paradox that can't actually exist. You people need to accept that the joy you felt lanning QIII and UT2000 with your bros back in highschool wasn't anything to do with arena shooters and isn't something that you can relive.

o the ironing

>not actual interest in playing them
Except UT had plenty of interest before Fortnite killed it.There's a lot of dedicated players that play Quake all the time. The truth is casuals like you just say it's dead for some reason and just post the same tired BS all the time

steamcharts.com/app/282440

What do you mean, art style was great in brink.

not even me. I have plenty of people to play with, I just like calling out larpers who don't play quake, poser.

Yeah sure, that's why you keep posting you have nobody to play with

>all time peak
LMAO YOOOOO

these guys always have an excuse for everthing. Why can't they just own up?

It was the highest before it was on steam, underage faggot

there it is LOL

Go play some fortnite, you cunt manchild

You:
>"There's a lot of dedicated players that play Quake all the time."
Also you:
>"The truth is casuals like you just say it's dead for some reason and just post the same tired BS all the time"
You after finding out that quake live currently has 400 players and was dead on arrival.
>Well it was more popular four years ago.

Bro... just stop, let it go.

I can't their are TOO many players playing it right now LOL

wish I could play some quake tho lol too bad quake players killed quake

Just fucking play Quake Champions.

This game is dead in a week. It's QC with a fortnite/TF2 aesthetic.

wide appeal or not - choose

>feels good man
>feels bad man
Fucking hell, who let the out of touch marketing guys make the trailer again?

truest post

>If the game is a literal clone of quake or UT, then its a boring clone.
Mimicing their gameplay with shitty graphics is pointless.
Mimicing their gameplay with shitty graphics and slapping on dumb design decisions is retarded.
What people actually liked about arena games is the fast pace, loads of cool weapons, higher TTK and cool maps.
Autistically trying to recreate how a jump works is not even remotely important.

Attached: steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.net.jpg (268x268, 16K)

>What people actually liked about arena games is the fast pace, loads of cool weapons, higher TTK and cool maps.
Then why don't they play any of the arena games that have all of those features without being clones? Or hell, why don't they play the clones that have good art work?

Stop lying to yourself.

Is it even out yet?

I want it to come out so it can die already.

>Mfw it takes 50% of QC 500 players

Attached: 1562961500863.gif (320x240, 1.41M)

Because they're still trying to mimic those old games. That's literally the problem with every single one of them.
How many of them tried to actually make something completely new and only shared the elements I mentioned? Then, name them.
The problem with these arena games is that kept looking backwards. If you keep remaking something people have seen and played before then people won't bother. Doom 2016 was successful because it stuck to the core principlies while trying to evolve and push the series forward. Now the sequel is one of the most anticipated games atm.
The devs are misguided for these games. Trying to excavate a corpse and putting a twirly mustache on it won't bring it back to life.

WHICH IS IT

DO WE MAKE SHIT NEW OR KEEP SHIT OLD REE. QUAKE PLAAAAAAAAYERS.

I literally just told you.

>*Kills Unreal Tournament*
Nothin Personnel, Boomer

Attached: Jonesy_Punch.png (3840x2160, 2.99M)

UT had the brains to see nobody wanted an arena shooter

Now unreal CHAMPION on the other hand. That shit was based.

a smart person

what has happened in games since this games announcement? battle royale games, autochess shit and quake champions came and pretty much gone by now. It just looks like quake live with the soft artstyle of overwatch maps.

Toxxik
Hawken
Titan fall 1&2
Half a dozen hero shooters

The truly sad thing about the "I won't play that because it's a clone" lie that area shooter nostolgists tell themselves is that derivative games in every other under-served genre move a million copies e.g. DUSK, Stardew valley, all those half-made ww2 games, MWO. The reality is that arena shooter fans are not actually fans and do not want to play arena shooters.

are you actually trying to say that titanfall wasn't a popular game?

>QC
>abomination
Didn't play it I guess. That was the only hope of an arena shooter succeeding, but since it wasn't a 1:1 remake autists threw a fit.

I wonder what percentage of the larpers in this thread don't even have a single arena shooter installed on their computer. Let's be real, a huge chunk of the arena shooter malcontents who always appear in these threads will be hopping on dota 2 as soon as this thread is locked.

If these supposed "players" spent half as much time playing arena shooters as they did whining about them, the genre would be thriving.

Obviously titanfall was popular, as were all the hero shooter games. The point is that no arena shooter fan would ever acknowledge them as arena shooters, because they're not like quake or UT.

Gamemode sounds pretty cool

F2p or dead on arrival, and even that i doubt it would ever take off. We love fortnite

What?
How are several of those even remotely arena shooters? How do most of these apply
>fast pace, loads of cool weapons, higher TTK and cool maps
For example Titanfall 2 is a good game that got screwed by EA, but as Pilot TTK is low, most of the weapons are standard CoD style weapons (AR, shotguns, etc). The arenas are also fairly bland. Titans were more unique and interesting, but you had to build up to them and they were slow. As a Titan your movement options were also severely limited in the arenas, making them even less interesting.
I shouldn't need to break down all of those games in this way, because it's obvious they're nothing alike what I described.

Either you're in denial or just trolling.

>we
kys

>That game is too different from quake to be an arena shooter.
You have surprised me greatly with your wild unpredictability.

>projecting and making baseless assumptions
You're missing the point entirely.
Who are these games for? Pinpoint the exact players you're targeting. Not "arena fans". I mean exactly. Even Quake and UT are very different camps that don't fall under one umbrella. Who exactly right now are you trying to make this game for? OP for example is very clearly for Quake fans only but Quake Arena was NEVER all that popular. Now are you saying you're ONLY targeting the handful of players playing Quake Live or something? Why would they stop playing QL? Even so, why would you be baffled that people aren't interested when your focused playerbase is that low?

Who exactly are these games for? Who are you making it for?
What exact elements of these old arena shooters are you trying to apply to these newer games and why? You don't understand game development and game design at all.

WE LOVE FORTNITE WOE LOVE FORTNITE
>kys unironically
kys

It looks fun but I wouldn't pay more than twenty dollars on it, it really does look pretty derivative

It’s not f2p?

Give me 1 reason why this will do any better than reflex arena or quake champions when they are literally the same game but better... Making another arena shooter that is just the same as all the others in essence just seems like a bad idea unless you’re a mega corporation.

I've been playing Xonotic for the last couple hours.
You should try it some time. Player numbers are extremely low though.

Attached: 1558996340837.jpg (2589x1869, 649K)

Hawken
>Fast paced gameply
>Substantially larger variety of weapons
>Very high TTK
>Cool maps

Titan fall series
>Fast pilot gameplay
>Large variety of titan weapons
>High TTK titan gameplay
>Cool maps

Hero shooters in general
>Fast gameplay
>Vastly larger weapon variety
>High TTK
>Cool maps

As I said, there are no good new arena shooters because Arena shooter nostalgists refuse to appreciate arena FPS elements in games that aren't quake clones, because you're posers who don't like arena shooter gameplay and don't want to play them.

A lot of arena shooter "nostalgists" on Yea Forums are fifteen year old parrots who never played Quake in their life. This board is full of poseurs glomming onto whatever old game makes them look like discerning, tasteful, and jaded. See the fighting game "players" who claim to only play 3S or legacy versions of Guilty Gear

>playing mega watered down console trash
>hyper teamplay focused garbage with no pickups and mega defining comps where no single player can carry
>arena shooter

The closest thing to being acceptable was halo and it’s gone to shit over the years. Perhaps they’ll pull something out their asses with infinite.

>It's not a quake clone so I don't like it.

looks slow.

>As I said, there are no good new arena shooters because Arena shooter nostalgists refuse to appreciate arena FPS elements in games that aren't quake clones, because you're posers who don't like arena shooter gameplay and don't want to play them.
You're making excuses and blaming consumers because you don't know how to design a game.
It's extremely obvious you're either a dev from OP or some other failed arena shooter copycat.
Right now you're actively looking for even more excuses, trying to shift the blame completely away from yourself. Making you an exceptionally bad game dev that is unfit for this line of work. I literally just told you why Titanfall didn't apply but you're still desperately trying to worm your way around it.

Seriously. It's actually incredibly simple to make a game with good chance of becomming popular that shares the core of what made arena shooters of old popular. Yet you refuse to see it.

Really, right now tell me what are the most important things to get down if you were to make a popular arena:ish style shooter in this day and age? Protip: It doesn't have to control or play like Quake/UT at all.
Let's hear it. Let's test your understanding. Or like a bad restaurant manager will you keep blaming the consumer for your failing restaurant?

Friendly reminder to consume your schizo meds.

>bland & uninspired: the game

no

>It's extremely obvious you're either a dev from OP or some other failed arena shooter copycat.
Imagine being this delusional, jesus.

>Seriously. It's actually incredibly simple to make a game with good chance of becomming popular that shares the core of what made arena shooters of old popular. Yet you refuse to see it.
As I've said repeatedly, those games were already made and they were called hawken, titanfall, tf2 etc. However, guys like you and this faggot refuse to accept anything that isn't a 1:1 copy of quake/ut's core gameplay as an arena shooter, because you don't actually want a game with fast paced gameplay, high ttk etc. and will always roll out the typical excuses.

>It's teamplay based, that's not quake.
>The ttk is lower, that's not quake.
>It doesn't have pickups, that's not quake.
>There's no rocket launcher, that's not quake.
>I'm not good enough to carry in TF2, that's not quake.

And on and on until you've whittled away every possible change that a game could make to the quake formula and you're left with a quake clone.
But quake clones are boring, why can't they make an arena shooter that is exactly the same as quake, also different?

>Imagine being this delusional, jesus.
Why else would you monitor this thread for hours using the exact same excuses that pushes all of the blame on the consumers and not the devs?

>As I've said repeatedly, those games were already made and they were called hawken, titanfall, tf2 etc.
Wrong and I told you why already. Learn to read. I don't like repeating myself.

>will always roll out the typical excuses.
You're the one with the non-stop excuses that now accuse others of coming with excuses. You're acting like an insane person because you're doing the very thing you accuse others of doing.

Also you didn't answer teh question I made. Are you avoiding it because you can't answer it? Because that's the only conclusion I can draw. Because you sure love to go on about irrelevant things no one even mentioned.

Again, answer this or don't even bother typing another reply, because I won't read it:
>tell me what are the most important things to get down if you were to make a popular arena:ish style shooter in this day and age? Protip: It doesn't have to control or play like Quake/UT at all.
If you cannot answer this, you are forfeit from blaming the consumer since your understanding is at zero.

I'd try it but I hate that onions art style. Why the fuck did they thought it's a good idea to make arena shooter for 12 year olds? Afterall only boomers are still passionate about arena shooters.

Attached: 3b0.jpg (490x497, 63K)

Those boomers played pic related just fine 10 years ago.

Attached: warsow.jpg (1920x1080, 266K)

Devs are confused. They think they're making a game for quake and arena fans in terms of gameplay but then give it a visual style that looks like a terrible overwatch knockoff.

Looks fun but the Overwatch artstyle is cringe and garbage

>balls fit a tankjr sized hitbox
why do the collisions have to be ball shaped

is this the Lawbreakers sequel?

Then what is the artstyle supposed to be?

>Then what is the artstyle supposed to be?
Who is the game for?

Arenafags. Stop being a passive aggressive bitch and tell me what the style is supposed to be for an AFPS.

Quake style or the sporty, future style of Reflex?

>Why else would you monitor this thread for hours using the exact same excuses that pushes all of the blame on the consumers and not the devs?
What I'm saying is the exact same stuff that people tell your type every time an arena shooter thread happens. Actually thinking that the devs of some autistic quake clone would be trying to open your eyes to arena shooter elements in other games is because they're butthurt that you don't like their shitty game is scary, my dude.

>Also you didn't answer teh question I made.
I've already answered it twice, you just refuse to engage what anyone is actually saying. Games like titan fall, heroshooters, Hawken etc. were the evolution of fast fps gameplay circa five years ago. They combined various core elements of arena shooters with popular mechanics such as dedicated team play, classes, customization, loadouts etc. to breath some depth into the gameplay and were better and more popular than the old school model as a result.
More so, in the current FPS landscape a BR arena FPS could have been successful had it gotten in before the market got super-saturated.
Now that that wave is starting to fade, a next successful fast fps will have teamplay, objective modes as primary, loadouts and perks and possibly some sort of vehicles or mech gameplay as the core mechanic. But then, that's not quake, right?

>hawken
>titanfall
>depth
What sorta juice are you on user?

>Arenafags. Stop being a passive aggressive bitch and tell me what the style is supposed to be for an AFPS.
What style would appeal to "arenafags"?

>didn't answer a simple question asking for design pillars
>instead rants about nothing do with the said question
brainlet

80's used future aesthetic al la alien.

What exactly is an arena shooter? How is the genre defined?

Attached: 1553016290914.png (236x376, 89K)

youtube.com/watch?v=owpHC4Pg550

You're lucky I have some time right now you stupid cunt.

>overwatch resources
>arena fps (dead genre)
nah

You pick up weapons and items scattered in arena and shoot other people.

Take the most iconic maps and characters from classic arena games. Post them on your wall. There's your reference. If your goal is to target nostalgiafags then you need to invoke nostalgia.

The title alone is wrong. Arena shooters don't need to be ultra skill based and focused. You could make the most skillful and deep game ever but if everything else surrounding it is garbage no one would give a single fuck.

More depth than a game with 8 weapons and 3 game modes for sure. Have you ever even played quake III?

>asking for design pillars
Hey austimo, nobody can read your mind. Teamplay and customization are design pillars as much as speed or maneuverability or whatever you're thinking of.

Every time a new arena FPS comes out and it dies as all the "hardcore" people like you give every excuse in the world to not play it Total Asscancer dabs on you from the grave.

>Weapon & resource spawns
>Mobility focus
>Kill other players
In essence.
In reality
>kill players using cool weapons in cool locations while feeling cool doing it

Today I will remind them

Attached: 1540599824337.png (539x223, 27K)

>Hey austimo, nobody can read your mind. Teamplay and customization are design pillars as much as speed or maneuverability or whatever you're thinking of.
was asked in all but name only, brainlet. teamwork would not be imporant for a new arena shooter, gb2 school, brainlet

Based arena gods killed him for his impudence

It has nothing to do with the community, but incompetent devs.
A professional game devs job is to make quality titles that sells. If they can't do that they failed.

he was wrong and he sucked huge cock at video games so his opinion is worthless.

Couple minutes in and that guy is already full of shit.
Some people's definiton of arena FPS is so fucking specific all that fits in there is gonna be Quake and UT clones.
The only things that should define Arena FPS are:
>compact maps
hence Arena
>Basic and equal spawn loadouts, items are picked up during play
that's why Arena is in the name, because the map is very important.
Could just call it Arsenal Shooter if the diverse weapons are so important or Movement Shooter if it's the movement
>both team-based and solo game modes

Everything beyond this is just you wanting another Quake clone.

How is this in any way a response to what I said?

Yup this is right FOR THE MAJORITY. But there is still a small community that loves the genre. I will play this game for sure when it comes out but after the concurrent playercount drops much below 100 I will be quitting just like with every arena fps... I just cannot compete with the best of the best.

>he was wrong
>he wasn't
Small brain

Artstyle looks really shit

You could have the most competent devs developing it and it wouldn't gain significantly more traction than any currently available arena shooter. People will just point out some minute detail and say "this right here is the reason I wont play it".

Yeah, how could he not see how successful all of those games were?

>15$ is too much for me!!!
no wonder the genre is dying. Meanwhile people will be ready to pay 100+ for annual COD releases.

>People will just point out some minute detail and say "this right here is the reason I wont play it".
That's just having standards.

>You could have the most competent devs developing it and it wouldn't gain significantly more traction than any currently available arena shooter. People will just point out some minute detail and say "this right here is the reason I wont play it".
You don't qualify to be a game dev. People that make excuses, blames everyone but themselves says that it's impossible are born losers.

Simply based

Well look at QC. It still has A LOT players compared to any other arena shooter BUT the game just runs like an ass. So turns out that the game doesnt even need to be done right as long as it is marketized.

>Diabotical Kickstarter launched a month after QC reveal trailer
Right. I'm sure this was their response to QC.

>le reddit

FPWP

Biggest problem (apart from performance) with QC is the confused design. They don't know who the game is for, same as every other devs trying to make an arena shooter. They focus too much on trying to replicate core gameplay like movement and weapons over anything else. This is why they fail.

If you made a new arena style game the movement not being like Quake would only be a dealbreaker for an extreme minority. So why focus energy on something so irrelvant? Because they misguidely think it's important and waste effort on that while ignoring the things that would actually make people enjoy playing the game.

and then you wake up and realize you're browsing r*ddit but the r*dditors dont have to wear their marks of distrust since they're anonymous for the first time in their life
nothing changes
this place is what its been for a long time
worthless opinions from worthless people
game will shelter the 1300~ people still interested in actual videogames that are ((((((("""""""balanced""""""")))))))
balance being the one thing that literally cannot exist in a f2p microtransaction economy filled with chinese moneygrubbers and zoomer game devs trying to get their money before the entire market crashes into the wormdirt.

you mean timeless right? smart move, cause then you don't have to keep up with all the latest hacks that get pushed the to the side and it'll run on ahmed's clock

Can i play the beta or do i have to wait for the full release? is it free?

>teamwork would not be imporant for a new arena shooter
That's funny, because I remember being pretty important in CTF, especially in UT. Your spaz out here pretty much sums how monumentally hypocritical and clueless you losers are. Teamplay is THE most important design pillar in any contemporary game, treating it like it doesn't exist is half the reason all these quake clones fail to find an audience. But hey, tell me more about how you would autistically hone the movement in a game so that it satisfies some arbitrary safe feeling that reminds you of home.

well idk what kind of movement would you implent? I personally think that the game NEEDS some form of movement mechanics and strafe jumping is simple enough concept that nobody should have problems understanding.

>I'm not going to play anything unless it fits in this tiny box I've made
Like I said, arena shooters will never gain traction.

I would never want to qualify to be a gamedev.

It hovers around 1000 players, has been in development for 3+ years (despite being a multiplayer only game), and its director Tim Willits left id.
It's not exactly a cashcow for Zenimax.

>teamwork would not be imporant for a new arena shooter

You really gave yourself away with this post, my friend.

All ten of them?

>That's funny, because I remember being pretty important in CTF
so say teh top 4 most important things in a new arena style game is teamwork? megatard

>Like I said, arena shooters will never gain traction
Arena shooters aren't going anywhere

>it's overwatch but without the attractive characters, because that was too problematic

I agree with you there.

zoomer go to bed

Well, it has a clean UI, so it had that going for it

Great, now you can leave.

Good movement is important, but laborously trying to replicate UT or Quake movement is irrelevant. Not only would that mean that you think that was movement perfected for an FPS, but that it would make or break if most people got the game or not.
For example, movement in Titanfall 2 for pilots is already way more interesting and fun for the average player than Quake style movement.

So you're saying if literally everything else about the game was 10/10 but it didn't allow for teams absolutely no one would play it? That one of the absolute bar none most important things in an arena shooter to focus on is teams? Not the weapons, movement, levels or any of that. But the teamwork aspect? Even though there is very little to no special teamwork actions in place on arena shooters of old? The closest is the Link Gun from UT.

>teamwork isn't important
>yeah, teamwork is important
>so you're saying teamwork is the only important thing and the entire game hinges on it?

how do i even talk to someone like you

What about open fortress?

By becoming literate, since I never said teamwork was important in that post. I actually said that it's unimportant to focus on.
Level design, weapon design, system design, movement mechanics and empowering the player are all far more important than thinking some slapped on team feature is one of the core design pillars of a new arena shooter.
If teamwork was actually as important as you claimed more focus would've been put into making more interactions beyond just the Link Gun in older arena shooters.
Your understanding of even basic game design is so bad that someone could basically do the exact opposite of what you suggest and actually make a half-decent game.

Overwatch is 6v6

Doom 2016 is a SP arena shooter that is more popular than any half-recent arena MP game.

>By becoming literate.

You realize that sequence was our conversation, right?

I'm not gonna get into some knock-down argument with a retard who things that weapon mechanics are what makes teamwork, and I'm definitely not gonna get into an argument with some zoomer about how important the mechanics are for a genre I personally participate in.

Follow me here dipshit:

You said teamwork isn't important.

I said teamwork was important.

You said "So you think teamwork is the only important thing?"

And then I mocked you with greentext, and you responded by talking about how weapon mechanics are the teamwork mechanics. Hang yourself you dinty moore retard.

the bland robot egg models will be nail in this game's coffin
it desperately needs cute waifus

Attached: 1533395984731.png (1811x1106, 1.52M)

Oh.... oh, you actually think that THE NUMBER ONE MOST IMPORTANT ASPECT TO INCLUDE IN AN ARENA SHOOTER IS TEAMWORK.

Am I actually reading this correctly? Are you THIS brain dead? So utterly fucking retarded that you think that the NUMBER ONE THING. The DEFINING CORE PILLAR is teamwork?

HAHAHAHAAHAHAH Holy fucking shit now that is some funny ass shit

Attached: 1456050162809.jpg (923x599, 513K)

begone cumbraln

Sex sells. Balls with legs don't.

Wait, did you actually misread what I said or are you mocking the other user?

>overwatch resources

What does this mean

yeah yeah we get it you'll throw 60 dollars at digital boobs because you're a fucking sexless loser

he means the UI is using assets very closely resembling overwatch

>A professional game devs job is to make quality titles that sells.
The problem is that devs who want to make arena shooters are as blinded by nostalgia as the "community" of people who pretend to want arena shooters. So they make the same shallow, played out core gameplay and fail to attract both the "community" and the wider audience.
A dev that actually knew how to make FPS games with broad appeal wouldn't make a game that the "community" pretends to want, because nobody wants to play that game. Thus we have the age old loop of "That's too similar" -> "That's too different".

>so say teh top 4 most important things in a new arena style game is teamwork?

No, teamplay would be the most important aspect. The other three would be:
Character customization
>e.g. different body/chassis types, perks, special abilities, support equipment, special movement options.
Weapon variety and customization
>e.g. projectile types, addons, mods, character synergy etc.
Gamemodes
>e.g. deathmatch modes, objective modes and maps, BR etc.
Other notable mentions would be:
>Vehicles, carrot-stick unlocks, popular setting, kill streaks etc.

Things like specific movement mechanics and speed are irrelevant shit that autistics latch onto because their disease renders them incapable of seeing the big picture. It wouldn't matter to anyone if the game had quake movement or tribes movement or Titanfall stuff or The Specialists acrobatics or the characters boosted everywhere like jap mechs. As long as the game has a reasonable amount of pace and airtime it's golden for mainstream audiences and the handful of people who say they like arena shooters and actually mean it.
Thinking that teamplay is unimportant or doesn't belong is exactly why arena shooters always fail and it's hilarious that people like you seriously think that you could make a successful game.

don't care I just want 2GD back.

This is what was said
>So you're saying if literally everything else about the game was 10/10 but it didn't allow for teams absolutely no one would play it? That one of the absolute bar none most important things in an arena shooter to focus on is teams? Not the weapons, movement, levels or any of that. But the teamwork aspect?
You replied with going on about the importance of teamwork, repeatedly.
The logical conclusion to draw is that you think it's the most important aspect. Otherwise you would've clarified.

Or let me make a list for you, let' start with 3 so your simple mind doesn't get confused.
>teamwork or weapon design, which is more important?
>teamwork or level design, which is more important?
>teamwork or movement & controls design, which is more important?
If you think teamwork is more important than any of these, see and then I'll see myself out because I'm actually replying to a mentally ill person.

the autism is strong here

>yeah yeah we get it you'll throw 60 dollars at digital boobs because you're a fucking sexless loser
I don't, but lots of people do.

If your game isn't fun to play it doesn't matter if you enable teams or not.

Define fun.

>Quakecon goes bad
>suddenly Quake is dead
>this game keeps being posted despite not even being playable
That’s how much faith is left. Why isn’t there a better game to shill?

Moving goalposts.

casual trash for boomers.

if your game controls like ass, looks like shit, weapons suck and levels are trash it doesn't matter if you have teams or not, because no one would want to play teh fucking thing

What the hell is it about arenafps that makes this entire board seethe

>"teamwork would not be imporant for a new arena shooter, gb2 school, brainlet"
>You replied with going on about the importance of teamwork, repeatedly.

Yes, because despite being very clear about my point you have decided to about three or four times now jump to the conclusion that I'm arguing that it's the most important thing.

And because of that I've been forced to reiterate my point for you, but instead of realizing that you've gotten angrier and written longer and longer screeds to make the same point again by intentionally misinterpreting mine.

I don't know what to say anymore and I'm not really in the mood to keep arguing the same point.

Here you go, one last final time for your fucking ADHD brain:

TEAMWORK IS IMPORTANT

TEAMWORK IS NOT THE MOST IMPORTANT

wow hard

they seethe about any game requiring skill
just look at cs, rainbow 6, fornite threads

>What the hell is it about arenafps that makes this entire board seethe
Idiots that blame the players for why all arena games fail when absolutely none of them understand why the games keeps failing.

>Fortnite
>Requiring skill
wew lad

yeah see
it makes Yea Forums seethe

Go win million dollar tournaments then. I haven't even played it, but it's obvious the shooting/building requires skill.

this, arenatards all seethe about games that take skill.

>quake champions borrows the lootbox system from overwatch to keep people playing the free game to get and unlock customizations and get free skins etc and to have a small steady income where people will buy lootboxes on their own if they want
>quake champions borrows the quick play find match now button system since it was globally accepted by a whole generation of people putting their foot in fps through overwatch and latest in the super popular battle royale games
>is basically the same thing quake live had, where you get matchmade with people with similar or same elo and skill rank

>this diabotical game lifts as much as possible from overwatch without having different characters (the dev isn't capable to make this work either way) but apparently quake champions is overwatch but this game isn't

logic is running smooth as silk

Attached: 164981247.jpg (997x1331, 276K)

r6 siege is devoid of skill, sorry smoothbrain

yeah this

oh well at least we'll get another year or two of afps activity like when reflex first launched

t. salty shitter in denial

>Is it going to save the FPS genre?
a clone of a 20 year old game won't save shit

Yes you are. Now define fun.

>if your game controls like ass, looks like shit, weapons suck and levels are trash it doesn't matter if you have teams or not
Having good controls, weapons, art and level design isn't a design decision retards, god damn. A design decision is deciding whether your players can ski down slopes or do flips; whether the art is realistic or an overwatch ripoff; whether recoil view-pushes or spreads; whether your tank can be controlled by one guy or needs a full crew.
Is that your pitch for the game, that it's good and not bad?

this
Yea Forums nitpicks the weirdest shit and point that to the reason that specific arena shooter is bad as if quake 3 was perfect
In reality nobody wants to play these games and instead of fixing them we just have more boring quake 3 wannabes that retards insist they want, no really.

I backed $100 on this game a few years ago and I hope it fails honestly.

>QC
>Skill matchmaking
Lmao good one. 99% of matches are completely unbalanced. The matchmaking is the worst I've ever seen in a online game.

Almost every single match I play it ends

Vs

thats from the lack of players user

the state of quake champions players lmfao

classes in quake LOL

you are just not consistent (or good), same reason you are 50 or below winrate in every other game you play

>Quake + Overwatch
Who is the audience for this?

Attached: remilia yuck.png (551x491, 261K)

what separates this game from games like Quake, Reflex, or warsow?

its new and people are going to give a shit for a few months which means youll actually be able to play without literally begging the same 10 people to duel you over and over again

you kids act like the champions were that bad of an idea
they just took the skins from 3 and gave them abilities
it just became retarded with the different move/stack amounts, and hourglasses giving almost instant cooldowns
quake needed something new to the formula or all of the other games(ie. reflex) trying to ape it would of succeeded, 3 in today's time would of bombed just the same
face it nobody wants to play an extremely difficult shooter that only gets fun when you sink a few 100 hours into it

>Having good controls, weapons, art and level design isn't a design decision retards, god damn.
all of that falls under design, level design being the most important since it's an arena shooter. if the arenas are bad, teh game is bad, go shill your shitty diabloball game on restera or some shit

t. thinks gold rank is good.

No one wants to play an amateurs Quake clone.

I'm mean game-play wise
If it's just quake 3 with big bot players then what's the point I can play game like xonotic a game like quake but with weapons are much more different
so far in the video he uses some healing fields so far

he kinda has a point. you haven't actually weighed in on any design decisions. Make game good doesn't just fix it.

nobody wants to play quake either or 3/live would be popular

look man i own qc and backed diabotical, but classes in an arena shooter is ridiculous

tf2 is different

So what you are saying is that he has 10 years of game dev experience?

explain to me how thats such a bad idea
if the abilities had longer cooldown and each character had the same health/armor/move totals
i think it would be fine

based james

why though?
something needs to he done to shake it up and actually make or competitive. Quake purests should just stick to quake. I personally think Soege was a huge upgrade over CS and previous r6 games, though they have gone overboard with the operators as of late. If they just remade an old R6 or CS i would be bored of it pretty quick.

Quake has players.

less than a thousand isn't players
its enough to play games but people want around 20k.

Quake purists can't even stick to quake. As demonstrated by the ever declining player count.

this

its so funny everyone has an opinion about afps but they dont play qw or ql or cpm or reflex etc

because they remove the raw aim and movement requirements to be good, they add crutches and other factors that reduce the skill floor

>something needs to he done to shake it up

go play a different game instead of making everything conform to you retard, if you don't like it play something else

Why do s󠛡o󠛡yboys like bunny hopping so much?

LOl Imagine being this big of a fuckign faggot you honestly believe champions dont take skills cause anakri has a speed boost or something
quake needs a lower barrier to entry or its never getting popular
like is your favorite franchise worth dying cause you don't want the dirty plebs to have fun?
Really dude

dammit I watched the whole thing again

wow really? surely then just making a 1to1 replica of quake three will work this time!
>go play a different game
I did. you are buttmad that said different game wasn't a ripoff of quake III. If you don't want to play a different game. just go play an existing one.

Neither does thinking teams is important.
Identify your target audience, identify what they would want (no half-decent game dev takes what fans wants literally, absolutely no one).

Again, to make a more popular arena style game you would need to
>make interesting and fun weapons that look cool and feel good to use, alt fires would be preferable. no basic AR's, no basic single shot rocket launchers, no basic shotguns, etc. differentiate yourself
>make cool looking levels set in extreme locations that don't look like levels people are used to seeing
>differentiate yourself visually, your game should look unique and appealing
>make the players feel badass and powerful, enable them to do cool shit
>make strong movement options that seem cool, even just slapping genji's movement options on there would be enough
>focus on juice and polish, make the game feel good to play and control
>create characters that people look at amd say "I want to play as that character"
>don't make it a bug-ridden unoptimized mess
>don't focus on esports
Everything else is secondary to this

People that want to play Quake, plays Quake. Everyone else doesn't want to play Quake or a shittier version of Quake. This is not difficult to understand.

No one seems to be able to do character design anymore

I don't think it is a skill floor issue the probably is with matchmaking and lack of influx of new players. Something like LoL probably has more of a skill gap, but it survives by a decent enough influx of new players that new players aren't playing against challenger players before they figure out what jingling is. the problem is simply in the game being boring.

I saw you recently but I don't remember where

>quake needs a lower barrier to entry or its never getting popular
not everything needs to be popular zoomer, quake is and always will be niche

>like is your favorite franchise worth dying cause you don't want the dirty plebs to have fun?
yeah actually, you worded it in a devious way but i would rather see things die than become mutated versions of themselves

i'm not buttmad over it, i just think it casualizes the game like crazy, it's not fun for abilities to be in arena shooters

only valve ever did character design good
even the csgo t/ct's have more personality in their design then 99% of games

>yeah actually, you worded it in a devious way but i would rather see things die than become mutated versions of themselves

Then why are you in a thread bitching about how its not a more popular genre?
quake is p boring and they tried to spice it up with champs

>Then why are you in a thread bitching about how its not a more popular genre?
i'm not, i never did that? you might be confusing me with another user, i would rather quake stay niche than be popular and mutated

It could have been implemented better, but to be honest with you I am bored of Quake 3. And the community has shown I am not the only one. Making 100 pure replicas of that game is against both our interests. You get screwed because the already small community gets further fragmented for the game that already exists you want to play. I don't get anything new or innovative to play.
yeah I get that. I don't blame them. I am just saying it was never about skill or difficulty. The barrier of entry is a catch 22 of no new players for other new players to play with, causing no new players.

>only valve ever did character design good
Evolve had really good character designs and dialogue, but everything was trash.

Let me dumb it down for you:

>Battlefield having vehicles is a design decision.

>Vehicles in battlefield not janking with shit controls or getting wrecked because the map is a funnel is quality control.

Arena shooters don't consistently fail because their movement or level design is "shit", they fail because the core gameplay is shallow and doesn't appeal to a viable audience. Most zoomers haven't even played an arena shooter before and wouldn't know what good movement from bad movement when they play one of these games.
Teamplay is a design aspect that actually matters because audiences like teamplay games, likewise variety and customization is important because it adds depth to the gameplay and keeps players coming back. Good level design is an unquantifiable nothing that is shaped by all the other actual design decisions like teamplay, movement and weapon mechanics, game modes etc.
What's your pitch now? It's a game with good level design.

Literally in a thread titled save the genre that devolved to bitching about how its not quake so therefor bad
>Doesn't care

Yikes dude

>because the core gameplay is shallow
You have never played an arena shooter in your life, have you?

>Let me dumb it down
no need to do that when you're dumb enough as it is, you already have trouble following along so people have to talk down to you, you talk about things and derail shit to crap no one even hinted at, like a cuckold madman

everyone who actually gives a shit about afps will try diabotical
obviously its an unpopular genre and i dont think diabotical will last much more than a year but if you arent at least interested in playing a new somewhat active quake clone then please dont pretend you care about afps beyond it being fashionable to talk about how much you love quake

dude to the majoirty of people its just tdm shoot everyone, and die cause you have shitter guns and 4x less hp than that guy cause he picked up things
you forgot even in quake most people don't touch duel

I have. gonna be honest I have gotten bored of run around spasticly and shoot with no purpose. Kinda getting to the point where I don't understand how I ever enjoyed it. Not as bad as CoD but still. I can drop in for like a little bit when I am bored and still have a good time. But I could never play regularly or for long periods with randoms.

>they fail because the core gameplay is shallow

Mongoloid.
They fail because they copypaste Quake, aim for the super hardcore niche playerbase, are surprised when no one plays they're ultra niche game and any newcomers that tries it gets blown the fuck up by the few autists in the sub 500 player community that plays it constantly, making them leave.
Meaning no new players ever flow in and eventually the hardcore players get bored and leave as well.

That's like saying fucking Go isn't deep because for most people it's just randomly placing pieces on a grid.
Just because most people don't get to see the depth doesn't mean there isn't any.

Me not being good doesn't explain how there's a 35 kill player and a 2 kill player in every single match.

>everyone who actually gives a shit about afps will try diabotical
You're delusional. I grew up with arena shooters and I made levels for them. Even up until UT4 was killed by Fortnite I made levels. I even considered to join in on the Quake level jam that is focused on sewer levels that is going on now.

Yet I have absolutely no interest in this game because it does nothing new or better than games I've played before. It also looks like guttertrash and is a confused mess.
Only the truly desperate would play Diabloball.

I mean you just agreed with me
quake is just a shooter to most people with pickups, nothing more
just because 1% play at a level with far more going on doesn't change anything

single player mapping isnt afps

You can make the exact same argument about any shooter.

>single player mapping isnt afps
We're talking MP levels here, smartass. Thinking that arena fans are drooling for Diabloball is fucking retarded. Fucking no one is even aware of this game.

>they fail because the core gameplay is shallow
Nah. Battlefield and games like fortnite are casual which is why they succeed. Just look at the huge celebration when Halo was announced for PC. The original baby's first FPS. Casual games just won, hardcore games died out. That's all there is to it.

reflex ruined quake copies
i didn't read the thread lol, just telling you you're wrong for thinking qc is good

>low res comic graphics

why, i dont get it

>retards throw money at trash
>smart people look at their purchases
>Ace of Spades
Dead, with most playing either beta or even earlier version?
>diabotical with chao garden
At least it's not sterile.

I think a good argument for this kind of artstyle in an Arena FPS is that it's highly readable.
Just look at people playing Quake Live with high visibility models and no textures. That's the kind of vomit you get people playing with when you don't go with such a clear artstyle by default.

I never got the hate for the more cartoony artstyle on Yea Forums, sure its not photo realistic, but at the same time it makes so the game ages better than others, look at TF2 as an example, cartoony artstyle but looks just as good as it had before, much better than what it would've looked like if they sticked to the original idea anyways

Attached: index.jpg (259x194, 10K)

co-op mapping isnt afps either
if you were making duel/teamplay maps i would know about it
i dont think im drooling for diabotical but anyone who is interested in playing a competitive afps is going to play this game. though it will almost certainly be completely dead 2 years from now

High level path strats and map control are not depth to the average player, which is why quake and UT got creamed by a half-life mod and UT had to scramble to add vehicles once BF came out. Quake and UT were shallow back in fucking 2004.

Good argument, retard.

>Muh hardcores
>Muh casuals
It amazes me how hard people can delude themselves about this stuff. If games being super hardcore stopped them being popular, then the mil sim games like arma, squad or war thunder wouldn't make millions on PC.
The reason that all these games fail, including quake champions, is because a zoomer grabs the game tries out the 8 or 9 guns, plays a few of the tiny, samey maps and then realizes that they've seen everything in the game within a couple of matches and drops it because they're bored.
>muh halo is hardcore.
The actual fuck? Nobody can be this deluded by nostolgia.

>but anyone who is interested in playing a competitive afps is going to play this game
That's a big assumption. If people already own Quake why waste another $10 on a game that's gonna be DOA? Do you think arena shooter fans are just oblivious to all the other DOA games? Because they're not

Im not going to pay for a game that's probably going to flop, also i want it to be open source with sdk tools, and xonotic fills that void

>war thunder
The vast majority of players play nothing but arcade, the casual mode.

>If people already own Quake why waste another $10 on a game that's gonna be DOA?
its going to be alive for at least a few months with an active mm ladder and competitions

>Im not going to pay for a game that's probably going to flop
thats because you dont care about competitive afps

>if you were making duel/teamplay maps i would know about it
Ah yes, you keep tabs on every single arena game and know precisely who I am.

>anyone who is interested in playing a competitive afps is going to play this game
Because your delusional all-knowing ass says so, ok. It's actually incredible how the level of mental redardation going on ITT. You being hte primary contributor. Enjoy this dead thread and dead game then.

>Not buying the game means not wanting to play competitive while there's other alternatives for literally fucking free

literally UT with palladins artstyle

With a name like that? Not even close.

>talks about delusion when he claims the community is at fault for why these games fail, not the devs, while also suggesting it's impossible to make a good and popular arena shooter
I'm fucking out.

Attached: 1252484658596.gif (250x158, 2M)

>arma, squad or war thunder
I thought we were talking about hardcore games.
>its going to be alive for at least a few months with an active mm ladder and competitions
I would be surprised. I've bought a lot of multiplayer games and it's not just arena shooters dying, multiplayer games are dying all the time due to lack of players.
>thats because you dont care about competitive afps
I like QL but that robot game is probably DOA. If it's actually alive 1 year later I might buy it.

T. Retard

>also i want it to be open source
Honestly Warsow and Xonotic have ruined me for all these Quake clones coming out recently.
Why should I pay for some dead game that plays like Quake when I can have a free (as in free beer) and FOSS one?

>arena shooter that looks like overwatch
I'll stick with ut2004 thank you

there have been like 3 qw maps even worth mentioning in the past year and 2 of them are ports from other games

ah i forgot about all the xonotic tournaments going on recently my mistake

>its going to be alive for at least a few months with an active mm ladder and competitions

This is assuming the game is actually good and better than what they're already playing. This in a long list of already baseless assumptions you're making.

If the aesthetic, which looks nothing like fucking overwatch, is what makes or breaks a game for you then you don't actually care about the genre. Stop pretending.

>tournaments for an unreleased game with uncertain success
Yeah because you're totally making fucking sense right now

>there have been like 3 qw maps even worth mentioning in the past year and 2 of them are ports from other games
Which active or upcoming jams are there for Quake? Prior to this, which were the last ones?

2gd has talked on stream quite a bit about plans for tournaments
clips.twitch.tv/DelightfulBrightSaladAliens
heres an example

dont know because i dont follow single player mapping

And yet there's still thousands more realistic players than every living arena shooter combined.

>while also suggesting it's impossible to make a good and popular arena shooter
Do you have some sort of personality disorder or something? A popular arena shooter can be made, it just can't be the quake clone you want, but don't really want.

>I thought we were talking about hardcore games.
Weren't you the guy who just called halo hardcore? Gonna need a bit more consistency here.
That or you haven't played any of those games, which sounds more likely.

fps doesn't need saving, new blood saw to that

hail oshcuro

>has plans
All this involves money and demand if players are uninterested then it will turn into a shitshow and forced like with quakecon, i doubt this game will kickoff with a strong force

>If the aesthetic, which looks nothing like fucking overwatch

It goes for a cartoony style on a level that looks like a shittier Hanamura and you play as worse looking hamsterballs.
Oh no you're right, this is a completely original visual style do not steal.

>Weren't you the guy who just called halo hardcore?
No, I called it baby's first FPS. Sounds like you're retarded and confused

>dont know because i dont follow single player mapping

Meaing you don't follow any of them.
nextleveldesign.org/index.php?/featured-content/news/quake-sewer-map-jam-r9/

Jesus Christ now this looks soulless

>They're planning to blow even more money hosting torneys for this shit game.
That's one way to go bankrupt I guess.

This. As arenafag i can forgive the map art style but the fucking player models and egg puns make me think this is made by nintendo and rated E.

>i doubt this game will kickoff with a strong force
me too

>Meaing you don't follow any of them.
?
yeah thats what i just said

nice backpedalling

>nice backpedalling
I'm not that guy.

They're blaming the community, remember? It's not their fault they're making all of these terrible decisions.
It's not like every single game that focused on esports backfired.

Yes, i understand the visbility aspect
I also play every comp game with lowest / high fps settings, but the graphics in other games are still somewhat good, what i see here on the other hand is another overwatch style copycat, like seen over 100 times in the last few years already

no eye candy, no "woaaaah looks good", just boredom

Are you fucking 13?

This is sadly true, and I think the game looks like a lot of fun.

There's a 99% chance that the player models are like they are because they're easy to animate and more importantly, easy to make microtransaction textures for.

Who are the char designs for? The people into arena shooters wouldn't find the designs appealing. You gonna fall back on the old "no one cares about the char designs" and then blame the players when "no one cares" about this game?

wtf this looks fun as fuck

It's not even going to save 2gd from going bankrupt

>easy to make microtransaction textures for.
Which absolutely fucking no one would ever want to fucking buy.

You'd have to be legit fucking deranged if you think that anyone even with a passing interest in cosmetics would play this game and then buy fucking retextures on balls.

Im into arena shooters and it looks fine. It distinguishes the game and makes the hitbox far less ambiguous. Where does this “people who are into arena shooters would never like thus artstyle!” shit come from.

You just want another quake clone that you still wont play.

>The people into arena shooters wouldn't find the designs appealing
If gritty sci-fi is the only thing appealing to the people into arena shooters those people can get fucked for all I care.

>there just haven't been any good ones lately

Reflex
TOXIKK
UT 2016

people will literally buy anything

>Im into arena shooters and it looks fine
I'm sure the world agrees with you. I'm sure they would prefer to play as balls over their Mercy, Genji, Widow, Rein, etc. I'm also sure the ones that loved the UT and Quake designs love this visual style and character designs.

>rocket jumps
>takes no damage
This is fucking retarded.

Heavily based

Arena shooter fans are like children, they'll kick and scream until they get that shiny new toy then throw it away after a few hours because it's not close enough to the old one.

lol

>You just want another quake clone that you still wont play.
No idea why you keep saying this when this is literally a quake clone, except that it looks like trash.

Point is that if you wanted to appeal to people that liked classic arena shooters this kind of design and artstyle is not the kind of stuff they would be into. In other words the visuals are not intended for them, which makes it a confused game.

>I'm also sure the ones that loved the UT and Quake designs love this visual style and character designs
Newsflash: people can like more than one artstyle

>People wouldn't buy shitty re-textures.
You ever played CS:GO by any chance? If this game was popular, it'd be able to accrue enough retarded whales to make a profit off the textures as shit as they are. They are definitely deluded to think that they will be able to attract those sorts of player base though.

Attached: 9rdptwn.png (751x592, 768K)

Reflex had zero marketing and released without netcode

UT2016 wasnt even a game but a set of tools. Toxikk was okay just didnt seem to make any kind of splash

>because it's not close enough to the old one.
So why do these braindead devs keep on making clones? Even OP is another Quake clone.

>zoomer never played clan arena / rocket arena

Whatever you say

>arenafags care about artstyle

Attached: 73231-qlconf.jpg (1024x768, 52K)

>Newsflash: people can like more than one artstyle
Newsflash, if someone asked you
>ok user, we're making a new arena fps specifically targeted at the hardcore fans of classic arena shooters, what artstyle should we go for? what do you think they would like?
Would this be your reply?
>MURRRR OVERWATCH WITH BALLS
or
>probably something that is reminiscent of those classic games, while still looking unique. so it looks familiar but it doesn't look like we just ripped off the visuals

They also accurately convey the hitboxes, which is something Quake 3 really doesn't do.

It's crazy how few people care about Arena shooters.

You people keep going on about how "no one cares about how the game and charactes look" yet at the same time claim people would want to spend loads of cash on retextured balls?

Reflex had zero marketing (hence dead on arrival) and having item timers on the HUD is completely retarded and killed my interest in it. Toxikk is shit. UT was always bad.

You're comparing the most hardcore of pros to people with even a passing interst in arena shooters? Retard.
In other words, the game should just be cubes and grid materials.

I would reply whatever artstyle is fine.
People into arena shooters are far more interested in the gameplay. The fact that they shit all over the games' artstyles by enabling simplified graphics is proof that it's generally not important to them.
If anything an artstyle that's simple by default should be better as the portion of players that will go for simplified graphics will be lower.

>They also accurately convey the hitboxes, which is something Quake 3 really doesn't do.
Why are the collisions spheres.

No, just like every arena shooter, noone will play it, and a bunch of fags who don't play quake but want to fit in will say some shit about "THE UI IS BAD" or "THE BATTERIES IN MY MOUSE DIED HOW COULD THEY DO THIS" the game will have 1-300 players for a few weeks and then dip into double digits of Russians who lagswitch and finally it will die and all of you faggot posers will make up excuses for why it failed but the NEXT ARENA SHOOTER I SWEAR IS GONNA SAVE THE INDUSTRY!!! Quake champions wasn't even that bad, you faggots are just shit at video games