Now that the dust has settled, what did Yea Forums think? Pic is Red Dead Redemption 2, btw

Now that the dust has settled, what did Yea Forums think? Pic is Red Dead Redemption 2, btw.

Attached: 1051961.png (1000x563, 683K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/fM6L3-5tQug
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Attached: Just you left.jpg (1280x720, 82K)

bought a ps4 for this shit and I wish I hadn't

gone homo unironically has more honest gameplay than this tiresome piece of shit

Unironically the best game of 2018, although that's not saying much tbqh

A great game shackled with a cliche and shitty story.

It's more that the story was simple, not that it was cliche and shitty. It told a story very well and had nuance in it like the truth behind Dutch's character left unnoticed by the characters even at the end, etc. It was much more serious than GTA5, and it was better for it. GTA gets too lost in its own cynical post-modernism. RDR2 felt pure in a sense.

It was pretty damn cliche, man. From the word go I knew exactly how the game was gonna end because Rockstar can't do anything but tragedy in a red dead game.

Furthermore I hate how this is the second time they've done the "DEATH OF THE WEST" thing.

had an amazing time with it, great great game. Yea Forums shits on it because it's universally praised and objectively good. the tedious aspects of it would be praised as casual filter if this game was unknown

>I knew exactly how the game was gonna end
do you often not know exactly how something is going to end? Just asking because i haven't experienced this since my late teens. you shouldn't seek stuff out hoping for it to shock/surprise you unless you're easily surprised or something

I don't usually care, user. But from the second I started that damn game I knew Arthur was gonna die sacrificing himself to let the Marstons get out of the life.

It put a damper on the whole story, put a damper on playing the game at all. It's why I never wanted a prequel about Dutch's gang, because we know it ends tragically for everyone.

I wanted cowboy adventures, not rockstar's attempt at a revisionist western tragedy slathered with their political bullshit.

I might consider buying it when it's on PC

A great game and a solid follow up to the first one, but ultimately too flawed to even be called a flawed masterpiece. A laundry list of things would have to be fixed for this game to be truly great:
1. A complete restructuring the narrative. The elements of the narrative are good, but the structuring as it stands is abysmal.
2. A new mission design philosophy entirely. Once you've played through RDR2 once the missions become incredibly tedious unless you enjoy shooting galleries, which I do but even then the missions are pretty goddamn tedious.
3. More fleshed out camp dynamics and especially more fleshed out interactions and relationships with other gang members in a gameplay sense.
Fix the above things and the game would be GOTY. Moving on,
4. More variety in guns and horses.
5. Make the horses less sluggish and more fun to ride.
6. Improve the gunplay, remove the reticle sway.
7. Redesign the challenges so they're more fun and culminate in little quests, cut the tedious shit.
8. Expand on possible crimes in the world - let the player design their own heists with selected members of the gang for example.
9. Add more bounties and options to do interesting but honorable work which is less lucrative than dishonorable work but gains reputation, and expand the reputation system so it is more keenly felt.
10. Make good/evil choices more meaningful and have them significantly alter subplots and Arthur's character throughout the game.
If they did the above as well the game would be GOTYAY.

kino

The last piece of evidence I needed to know rockstar will never make a good single player game ever again

game of the decade. thats a low bar though

Rockstar chickened out and refused to give us a true and bloody Wild West game. They just don't have the balls to cross that racial boundary. Cucks.

Best game of the decade.

They went full SJW on top of a boring ass cliche tragedy.

youtu.be/fM6L3-5tQug

its a fun game with alot of shit to do, good characters, beautiful interactive world. PC players will really like it. But I think it will seem overrated when PC finally plays it because of all the positive feedback and expecting it to be the holy grail of open world games.

Attached: 5bfe9a3e595fe.jpg (1237x1598, 283K)

anyone have the sad Billy screen by the night fire lads

Attached: artsky.jpg (1000x618, 662K)

Disappointing honestly
>gameplay was super clunky
>story was hit or miss
>missions were tedious
>shitty collectibles
>most characters had little to no development
>little cutscenes when doing anything
>online was a complete shitshow

The first game is better in every way.

More like cowboy simulator than a game, but still comfy tho

This guy seems pretty based

Tried, coudlnt fucking stand it. maybe because its a console game and everything takes for fucking ever and i dont like playing consoles long. I will def get it if it ever comes to pc

I really liked it.
I did find the post-main story stuff really uninspired and dull.
Who gives a fuck how he got the money to fund his farm or who helped him build it? It's like MGS5 - answering questions nobody gave a fuck about in the first place.
They should have let us play as someone else.

Other than that, a really good game.

Great game but they fucked it by giving protagonist a slow death. Gave me zero interest in replaying it unlike RDR1 which I still go back to

Amazing game as evidenced by the amount of vitriol it gets on Yea Forums

Attached: annoyed.webm (1280x720, 2.65M)

Based.

>maybe because its a console game and everything takes for fucking ever

Nope, that's a Rockstar thing and subhuman fans unironically defend it.

Damn, this game is absolutely cucked
Thanks for the heads up, user.

your video is shit

American Krogan is good, yeah. He did another breakdown of how badly pozzed Assassin's Creed Odyssey was, too.

It's a damn shame, too. Identity politics ain't got no place in westerns.

retard

American Krogan sucks, and I can tell you're either a teenager or a manchild.

Absolutely this. Yea Forums is predictable as fuck when it comes to hating on games

goty 2018

Insightful.

I mean it's all up to preference and all, but I think he's pretty good when it comes to breaking down facts.

>but I think he's pretty good when it comes to breaking down facts.
yeah, you're retarded.

Its like that movie the postman starring kevin costner

>he has no argument
basedbrain

you're whining about SJW pandering by posting alt-right bullshit in an attempt to shove your politics down everyone's throat all while shitting on a genuinely good game because it isn't racist enough. Fuck you you obnoxious hypocrite

I liked it well enough, but everything about it felt really, really slow, to the point where most of it didn't feel like it was worth doing. Story missions were alright, but the side shit like challenges and whatnot.

Sure, I can hunt the legendary animals, but I don't want to spend the hours tracking down and carefully killing the animals for perfect pelts required for the other pieces of a given outfit. It's just not worth the effort.

Sure, I can do camp/ranch chores for some honor or whatever I guess, but I don't find slowly walking bags of hay and buckets of water back and forth fun or interesting, and I can't fathom why anyone would. Maybe roleplayers? I don't know.

Boring game. I'm all for a slow-paced open-world game, but mindlessly following on-screen prompts until the mission is over isn't fun.

Like any R* game you do it because it's fun, largely do to the impressive technology drawing you into the world.

This game really needed multiple endings. I don't know why Rockstar is so set on linear narratives.

Imagine if there were different routes you can play.

but there are?

Not really, no. Arthur dies either way.

user, I...

What the sam hell are you talking about?