It still has arenas

>it still has arenas
>enemy count is still too low
>the hud is retarded and obtrusive
>worst part of nudoom was needing glory kills and chainsaw to get health and ammo; theyve doubled down on this
>recent demo essentially makes it look like a loot shooter where you farm for health and ammo by killing enemies in any way but shooting them
>this is because its designed for consoles and they're making it less and less of a shooter with every new feature
>no cap to one-ups (free lives, like faeries in zelda): guy in demo picked up fucking 6 of them in 30 mins of play
>you dont even lose a one-up if you fail at platforming aka if you miss a jump or fall off the world
If its as bad as it looks I'll be pissed.

It's no secret Doom 4 was vastly inferior to the original games but this is looking like it will fare even worse. Doom 3 get's a lot of shit for not being a "true Doom game" but this has nothing to do with Doom either, the only difference is these new games try very hard to convince you that OMG IT'S JUST LIKE THE OLD GAMES RIP AND TEARS BROS and of course zoomers who don't know any better eat it up.

If you haven't beaten the retail games on UV (Plutonia on HMP is acceptable) and at least a half dozen essential community WADs (Scythe series, Alien Vendetta, Ancient Aliens, Evilternity, etc) then you aren't allowed to post your opinion on Doom because to be perfectly honest you don't have one.

Why can't they just release a modern HD 1:1 remake of the original games (vertical aiming is the only difference I would consider allowing, jumping and crouching COMPLETELY ruin the Doom experience). This would be so much more fun than this slow-paced cinematic console garbage that spits on the Doom legacy. Carmack must be rolling in his grave right now.

Attached: file.png (1280x720, 1.1M)

Other urls found in this thread:

pcgamer.com/amp/doom-eternal-mod-support-is-a-long-term-target/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Attached: file.png (960x720, 323K)

so tell me, are you going to repost it ad infinitum until you gets (You)s?
what if you're just retarded? try again in a few hours sweetie

Oh christ, op pulled a crystal ball out of his gaping asshole and is telling us exactly what is going on with a game that is yet to be released.

Thank God these threads are always accurate and thoughtful instead of some slobbering dumbass greentexting a bunch of bullshit.

most important
>its still fun

check this 3

Nice.
See you next thread, everybody.

Attached: 06D052F1-5A5B-4121-8E6D-5A7BFE924B87.gif (500x390, 1.92M)

didnt read any of that shit lmao

Attached: 1527711567667.jpg (800x800, 144K)

cope

cope

Oh fuck OP blown out the shitter.

Attached: JPEG_20190801_131515.png (227x226, 89K)

based

Attached: 1456628501843.jpg (689x708, 52K)

Fuckin devastated lmao.

Attached: 1460728669730.jpg (627x898, 203K)

OP btfo

Attached: 1497784065573.gif (348x323, 2.32M)

>Not loving Doom as a franchise
>Unhappy the original games are still reaching new audiences
>Not appreciating that for every 10 zoomer faggots that join the fanbase, 1 new master .wad creator will follow

Just stop liking Doom. Fuck off. Find a different franchise to complain about.

Attached: 1560647398896.gif (540x360, 1.48M)

based

I'm sure Bethesda controlled the rolling system for this, shill
Cope

I said check'em.

Attached: lilbitch.jpg (708x708, 43K)

Cope, Doom tranny, you're fake GET paid by your mutt overlords doesn't count

NEW THING BAD! OLD THING GOOD! UNGA BUNGA!!!

based true doom fan

It will be dead on the water, and as shit as D2016. Lack of modding tools will seal its coffin. Zenimax can't do anything right.

They already said they’re working on making the game’s code more flexible for modding.

BASED

Paid reviews? Nah man, now it's all about the paid gets.

>thinking that nu-Duum fags enjoy OG Dooms
have you lurked ANY of the D44M threads? They're literally the mirror image of the "Man, I'm glad that Bethesda saved FO by making 3, so we did not hafta suffer of terrible, ugly games! :^)" YT comments from decade ago. LITERALLY kids asking "who the hell enjoys hunting medkits and getting lost in mazes??".

Take your meds.

[citation needed].

as much as you seem to love to autistically spam that, the statements most often is true.

Get a hooker and get rid of your virginity.

based fuck elitism and gatekeeping

Here, since you’re so inept that you can’t look it up for yourself.
pcgamer.com/amp/doom-eternal-mod-support-is-a-long-term-target/

>blindly accept downgrades and mediocrity out of brand loyalty

M8 you really think this retard opinion through?

Boomers btfo

Attached: 1557444875922.jpg (1124x1116, 130K)

Good luck on mental illness.

>
i got to play doom 93 after i played doom 2016 and i love them both equally though i'd say doom 2 and 2016 are closer than 1 or 64, oh well doesn't matter this shit's probably bait anyways.

Attached: 81044d3171367e9a424eb1fdecb4cb8e-700.jpg (1081x700, 208K)

>hud
they said it's very customizable
>one-ups
they said they put them in because the game will offer extreme optimal challenges which they weren't ready to show in the demo. the extra lives are to compensate for the added difficulty
I can see where you're coming from with the other points, even though I mostly disagree

>tfw I can't choose which I like more, Brutal Doom or Project Brutality

Attached: 1537174627842.jpg (513x510, 20K)

People who think like that need to be shot.

checked

Attached: 1562867405411.gif (244x244, 46K)

explain, boomer

Honestly the potential is all there, but it seems like there ae just major design ideas that the team of devs want to be integral to the game that are a problem to the DOOM gameplay.

The main thing that's a problem is that:
>there are too few enemies on screen
>players can be "trapped" in an area and just forced to fight enemies before they can progress
>enemies who just pop in out of no where

Your progression shouldn't be hindered by Kill This Many Enemies to Progress walls. If they want enemies to halt your progress, they should just load up an area with enemies, maybe a tight space or choke point, and high damage so if you wanna get through you gotta thin them out and cull the herd.

>it still has arenas
Why is this bad?
>enemy count is still too low
Not at all, considering how much damage they take
>the hud is retarded and obtrusive
Looks fine considering how much shit you can do
>worst part of nudoom was needing glory kills and chainsaw to get health and ammo; theyve doubled down on this
Glory kills are objectively the best thing to happen to the FPS genre. You sound like a faggot that enjoys hiding for 10 seconds, or backtracking for pickups
>recent demo essentially makes it look like a loot shooter where you farm for health and ammo by killing enemies in any way but shooting them
wat
>this is because its designed for consoles and they're making it less and less of a shooter with every new feature
It's only a console FPS if they fuck up the difficulty like in Doom 2016. Nightmare on doom with a keyboard and mouse was a joke.
>no cap to one-ups (free lives, like faeries in zelda): guy in demo picked up fucking 6 of them in 30 mins of play
It's a demo
>you dont even lose a one-up if you fail at platforming aka if you miss a jump or fall off the world
Yeah this is bad

Attached: tumblr_p8jn0lntyZ1wr47loo1_1280.jpg (1129x750, 175K)

I've said it before, D44M isn't really a shooter, it's a first person character action game with guns.
It has all the features of a game like DMC, GoW or MGR.
>Focus on combat movement and enemy control
>Super attacks can be found in the levels and stored for later use
>Enemies drop health
>No hitscanners, which means no unavoidable damage, ever
>A character upgrade system fueled by secret hunting and level progression
>Enemies slow down and become less aggressive outside your field of view
>Special attacks and recharging subweapons
Eternal looks like they just embraced it and rolled with it.

Fucking DECIMATED

Attached: demobath.jpg (600x800, 70K)

I forgot to mention
>Combat arenas with enemies spawning in where you have to kill them all to proceed
>Linear levels
>Boss fights Granted there's only like 3 and they all suck ass but they're still boss fights

The boss fights are some of the best in a FPS though.
To be fair that's not a high hurdle to get over but it's still true.
If there's better FPS boss fights please let me know

>as if millions of Boomers suddenly cried out in terror and were suddenly silenced.
Witnessed

Attached: T1jLPdH.jpg (365x453, 41K)