What's the best third person shooter you've played? Pic not fucking related

What's the best third person shooter you've played? Pic not fucking related.

Attached: JFG.png (550x540, 642K)

I'm glad the popular opinion about this game has changed in recent years. It really is fucking garbage.

Anyway, I pick RE4.

no one even knows jet force exists

Army of two

and it should stay that way

Resident Evil 4

Attached: 171FB531-C0F4-4816-9FAA-E3B922FAA5CD.gif (264x203, 2.99M)

Binary Domain.

Played the shit out of it as a kid but that final tribal collecting quest was bullshit.

Probably gears 4 based on impact and weapon feedback and responsiveness. But gears 1 is very memorable if you were in the scene and did glitches to fuck with people. Based on the demo, i expect gears 5 to surpass 4

as far as gameplay goes, max payne 3 definitely got it right, but best tps imo has got to be dead space 1 and 2, loved everything about them

You can bitch all you want about how its not a "real" RE game or whatever but this hands down has the best TPS combat ever conceived, its a real shame such a great system dies with this game never to be seen again.

Attached: resident-evil-6[1].jpg (825x464, 63K)

transformers war for cybertron

Vanquish easily

Kid Icarus Uprising

I always wanted to play it again now when im older but im afraid its just nostalgia

Splatoon

Gear of War 3

Is Resident Evil 4 on the Switch any good? I prefer portable games and liked REmake on the system, but loved RE2make on my PlayStation 4 and that has a more similar play style.

I know it's a bad game but I think blue hair on girls is really pretty
>inb4 yeah but they're all crazy
Not as crazy as green hairs and you know it

Attached: RE4 vs Max Payne.jpg (1200x882, 298K)

Id argue just get RE4 on your PS4.

>shit campaign
>shit story
>worst multiplayer in the series
lmao

Attached: Max Payne vs Vanquish.jpg (2000x1689, 839K)

My dream TPS
- no cover, only environmental cover but no official 'snap-to-cover' system
- no hitscan guns for enemies so you can actually avoid projectiles
- dodge/dash mechanic and general speed used as your primary way of avoiding damage
- bullet hellish at times think some of the bosses from Nier Automata

Attached: 1560277857213.png (559x481, 472K)

Jet Force Gemini was and IS an awesome game!!!

I'm sure it would look great in 4K and all that, but I wanna play it in bed. If the frame rate drops aren't obtrusive I'll probably just get it on Switch. I'm just gonna watch the Digital Foundry video, thanks anyway user.

If literally any third-person view counts then Sin and Punishment, even if it's really a rail shooter.
Otherwise, I don't know, Vanquish? Tac Challenges push that combat to its limit.

It had a great dodge system, but only a couple of enemies really make use of it. Even in Mercenaries mode you're just steamrolling them with the quickshot and melee system, which they tied to stamina management instead of skill.

There's like one type of enemy in Max Payne, apart from a couple of bosses.
Even blasting through on New York Minute gets pretty repetitive. A golly-gushing infographic convinces yourself and not many others.

>no cover, only environmental cover but no official 'snap-to-cover' system
I do not fucking understand why snap to cover was invented it's so fucking retarded
>no hitscan guns for enemies so you can actually avoid projectiles
I'm guessing you mean slow bullets like in Doom or Dark Souls because in the physical range of scenarios that video games operate in all guns might as well be hit scan.

Attached: 4fri7fptej821.jpg (1242x790, 216K)

Vanquish is vaguely similar but im sure you've played it. It has snap cover tho

Like most games from the year it came out (1998? 1997?) it's probably trash now, but it was absolutely amazing as a kid when it came out

The best third-person shooter ever made was and still is Uncharted 4.

Attached: The Pinnacle of Kino (2).webm (640x360, 2.81M)

RE4 is obviously a groundbreaking game and just an overall amazing campaign to play through, but I think Uncharted 2 really does the "cinematic movie game" quite well and I love its characters and scenarios even though the gun play isn't at all complex.

Dead Space 1 is probably my all time favorite though. I think it honestly improves upon Resident Evil 4 mechanically at least.

I also just beat EDF 4.1 and that game sure is something. Some TPS are really improved by co op, and this and RE5 are good examples.

>I'm guessing you mean slow bullets like in Doom or Dark Souls
They should all have some form of tracing to them or missile like trajectory, so yeah basically how projectiles work in most oldskool fps games like doom/quake/unreal
Yeah i played it wasn't really crazy about it though because it still was a cover shooter at the end of the day and the shooting felt like ass.

They just needed to remove the deck nav in Dead Space. It rendered the actual map useless and made the player ignore doorsigns and directions. It's a bit of a stain for me on an otherwise fantastic horror TPS.

My only problem with switch is that "d-pad" though, and i want my d-pad to play RE.

Dead Space is pretty great, even if half the endgame encounters are just "here's a flat bigass room, let's dump a shitload of enemies at you for you to just blow to smithereens". Some sort of Blade of Severance dodge-system to allow them to get enemies up in your face wouldn't have gone amiss.
Would have liked some Prey 2006 levels as an excuse for them to get you upside-down outside of zero-g, too. Imagine that, fighting necromorphs in magboots and you can cut off their legs to get them falling right off. That's not a real critique.

The commitment to aesthetic, generally decent encounters and map design do make up for a lot, though.

Fuck you it may not be No 1 but it's not shit like you think.