Dragon Quest XI S live stream

Even more announcements incoming

youtube.com/watch?v=YY_XRvpHlfU

Attached: H2x1_NSwitch_DragonQuestXI_enGB_image1600w.jpg (1600x800, 411K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=b400FNeNtrU
youtube.com/watch?v=6pcAArKwwCQ
youtu.be/-Ea5hKnrUqI?t=849
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Music and areas from Dragon Quest X are recreated in 2D

Attached: screenshot2019-08-03al6kv8.jpg (1586x888, 358K)

Damn, the Switch just keeps on winning.

Japan is getting a demo of XI S

Anyone have the full quality logo for DQ11 before all the aids was added for the new edition?

Ah so this is why it isn't coming to PS4

Attached: Screen Shot 2019-08-03 at 07.48.47.png (826x486, 714K)

I actually haven't been paying attention to the new content. I'm assuming these stories are 2D mode only?

yeah, I'm pretty sure this was in the 3DS version, so that's why it's 2D only.

>all the english comments in the chat are literally just begging for a ps4 port

cringe

Why the fuck cant this have a pc port

nobody bought the PC port of the original

Torneko a cute!

the audience isn't there

context?

Ugly japs with ugly hairstyle chingchonging in unison.

I might be mistaken but I think it's an event for Dragon Quest Rivals, the card game for Switch.

200 000 owners at least isn't that bad.

Not really
Depending on the game.
At least for the 3DS version; DQ1 mimics the NES artstyle, DQ5 mimics the SNES, DQ7(not sure about 8) mimics the 3d version from the 3ds game.

youtube.com/watch?v=b400FNeNtrU

New Draconian Quests:

>Shypox that applies to all party members
>Option where protagonist death equals annihiliation
>NPCs lie to you

There have been previous DQ games that some 1M+ copies in the West and Squeenix still complained
Ports basically don't happen without a 1st party to kick Squeenix into gear

I never played vanilla XI, is there any reason to actually use Draconian Quests? If you can toggle them at any time then there's no feeling of achievement for beating the game with them

DQ 1 2 3 on Switch in English when?

wait that was it?

The GBC versions are in English and are already the best

Why is Dragon Quest not popular in the West?

Attached: 2C0264EF-8EAB-49F9-91BD-622E3D5B6289.jpg (1180x879, 182K)

But you can't play them on Switch, and aren't those versions look like shit compared to the SNES version?

You select them when you start a new game. You can later turn them off, but you can't turn them on midgame. So you can give up, but there's personal accomplishment for making the whole way through with them

Is there any reason to buy the PC or PS4 versions aside from "muh graphics" and "grass density"? or should i just wait for the switch version?
I just got done playing 8 on the 3DS and Im iching for more

No, Switch version will be the definitive version, wait for it.
Unless you're a graphics fag.

>Is there any reason to buy the PC or PS4 versions aside from "muh graphics" and "grass density"?

No. The Switch version is superior in every single way but muh graphics

similar to Dragon Quest 8, you would buy the Nintendo version for the extra content or the Sony/PC version for the good graphics.

because turn based text heavy JRPGs are too much for amerikeks to sit down and play without getting bored

because it isn't FF6/7.

I'm waiting for the Switch version. I normally don't care about graphics, but damn if I'm not a little disappointed since DQXI is one of the most beautiful looking games I have ever seen.

Not really.
100%'d it in trophies on Steam. Great game.
Will buy the Switch version solely for another playthrough in 2d.

turns out you can't half ass marketing and localization for a series for eternity and have it do well

of course you can just cram it into Smash Bros to force people to pay attention to it

Because it's shit and repetitive shit

being shit has never stopped plenty of other things from becoming popular

Will the XI S version come to Steam or is it a exclusive?

>be American
>see the results of DQ's influence via other RPGs and all the tropes it established done in new ways
>can no longer play a Dragon Quest game because all you see is the trope and think it's generic
this is literally the reason, westerners get turned off because they think the game series is super generic.

it's exclusive, there aren't any plans to bring the stuff to the other versions(seeing as a lot of it is just stuff from the 3DS version of the game)

Did they ever confirm for DQXIS that DQ1 unlocks to download after the credits?

Got it, thanks.

At the moment it is exclusive, but who knows in years time.

Nintendo's been going to bat for this series for literal decades now because Square won't support it in the US for shit. Never forget that the only reason we even got any DS games after the extremely half assed low print run of DQV was because Nintendo stepped in and just started publishing and advertising the damn things for them outside Japan, to the point of hiring Seth Green for IX's commercials. It's not a coincidence DQIX is the only game after the original to break a million sales in the US.

Attached: HEY THERE KIDS YOU LIKE THE VIDEO GAMES.jpg (480x360, 15K)

Reminds me of the Iwata Asks interviews about Dragon Quest. "If I can show the appeal of Dragon Quest to even one person, that's good enough".

I remember when Square announced the Zenethian trilogy was coming to the DS that Iwata and Reggie both insisted they would all be coming to the West before SE could officially state anything about it themselves. Motherfucker had no time for Square's shit.

JUST GIVE US FUCKING DRAGON QUEST X

imagine sitting through all this bullshit just form the dragon quest monster announcement.

That was seriously one of the best ad campaigns Nintendo ever put out and they were at the top of their game with the DSI ads.

We truly didn't deserve Iwata, so fucking based. Reggie seemed like he really genuinely liked DQ as well.

So can you fug the loli mage now?

>is there any reason to actually use Draconian Quests?
DQ11 is really easy. So if you want a bit more challenge to the game it gives you some nice options at the start. Kind of wish you had the option to turn them on until you get the boat just to get a feeling of the difficulty. Personally I'm going to replay it with harder enemies at least and maybe think about some of the others.

>sold worse than DQ9 in the west
Good job Squenix

Draconian quests are shit. I did the whole game with the harder monsters but I didn't like it because it wasn't well balanced. some of the bosses are way too unfair and it just wrecks the fun.

Stronger Monsters and Less/No EXP was finally reconfirmed for the Switch version

>held out on buying this game
Dragon Quest XI S was made for me

Attached: 1390762497043.gif (640x360, 2.7M)

Can we fuck Jade?

Maybe but I do feel normal played was way too easy. The only boss that I really had issue with was Jasper but only because non of my debuffs was hitting so things got out of hand really fast. And that was the only time I felt tension against a boss.

I remember when SE were adamant about DQ7&8 3DS not coming to the west until Horii was asked about a western release at some french event and he genuinely confused since he was under the impression they were already released in the west. He then said they would get a western released which pretty much forced SE's hand.

she's used goods ntr bait

Fucking cvmbrain

NTR is at the core of DQ

I mostly remember how they put on a IP block on some of their Japanese Dragon Quest youtube videos. And only Dragon Quest nothing else. I mean I guess it's the music because of how much of a dick Sugiyama is.

Whens the demo? All I see is X on the eShop

NINTENDO WON

I'm so fucking mad all of the S additions are for Switch.
Please, Squix can't be that stupid, will they release an update or a new game for PS4? Come on now

>New costumes
>That stella costume

NINTENDO FUCKING WON

If they add new characters for this I'm going to be cucked beyond recognition. I have 1 minute over 2 hours on steam so they probably won't refund me. For fucks sake.

Can you romance Veronica yet?

New Characters was confirmed a while back.
inc new party members.

Who
I'm not talking about literal whos in sylvando's new chapter, I mean shit like Jasper or Hendrick. I heard there was a rumor they would.

Just buy a Switch, dude. The console already makes a lot more sense than owning a PS4, you can pirate every game.

No idea at the moment. Just that there will be "new party members"
I think they said 2 new ones? Im not sure. Might be 1.

Welp I'm more cucked than Anthony Burch. God fucking damn it.
My own retarded fault for buying S-E game near launch. Mother fucker

Is there a list of which DQ versions are the best if you aren't an EOP who has to take into account the translation "quality"?

The 2 hours mark is not really important, now if you bought it more than 2 weeks ago , now you're cucked.

1-3: SNES or mobile. SNES of DQ2 has some bugs and the mobile has QoL to make it less of a chore to play. But if you hate mobile SNES fan translation works well
4-6: DS or mobile DQ4 mobile added in party chat they removed in the localization for DS which is nice but really just emulate DS version of those
7 and 8: 3DS. People complain about DQ8 3DS because of graphically but with all the extra stuff in it DQ8 3DS is the better choice
9: Only on DS
10: Never ever
11: Switch seem to be the best version to play.

Best place to start is 8 or 11 if you want a 3D modern Dragon Quest experience.

4 and 5 for more older JRPG game

1-3 should be played together.

DQ6 never had much of a impact to many people. It's not bad just kind of feel less of a Dragon Quest game for some reason.

DQ7 is for experience Dragon Quest fans. It's insanely long mostly taking it's time telling multiple stories.

As I grow older, Dragonquest grows more appealing. 10 years ago I couldn't enjoy JRPG because of the grind. Now all I think is DQ is comfy. What happened...

Just ignore the parts about the translation in this pic then. The SNES versions are probably the best versions of 1 and 2, 4 on PS1, 7 on 3DS or mobile, and 10 on PC are the only ones that really change.

Attached: DQG Guide.jpg (3376x1440, 3.14M)

You grew up and your tastes change.

Oh and go for the pro versions of Dragon Quest Monsters Joker 2 and 3.

I guess. I really loved Golden Sun back then but I felt put off by JRPG grinding in most other games. Working through 8 has only had me feeling positively

It's not your fault, it's S-E's retarded thinking with this game that's the problem

3 years ago I thought Dragon Quest was perfect, but now I see that they've run out of creativity decades ago, and the only games I still respect are the first 5.

Attached: outcast.jpg (1280x1024, 341K)

I'm pretty amazed they didn't even bother to bring the remasters of the original trilogy for PS4. Maybe that'll happen for Switch?

that's be the ultimate fuck to the ps4

Nahhh...

DQXIDE was the "ultimate fuck to ps4"
the PS4 version has no reason to exist when the PC version is better in every single way while the switch version has a shit ton of content plus it's portable.

Multiplats are always a good thing unless they butcher the game to apply them. Let's not get console wars in the DQ thread.

Not him but it does suck how there's no DLC which adds all of the content the Switch version is getting. I'm double dipping mostly to play DQ11 portable but also the extra stuff.

Wait, there is even MORE new stuff than whats on this list? Geez, thinking of double dipping a physical copy now.

Attached: 1564240258662.jpg (640x9109, 1.95M)

>Not him but it does suck how there's no DLC which adds all of the content the Switch version is getting
I mean, Switch owners had to wait years more than everyone else to even get the game, especially if you consider Japan. I’d say it’s a fair trade off.

Oh, yeah, it's a bad move on the part of S-E, but one they've been doing for decades now. I'm glad I waited for the Switch version when it got announced before the console even existed.

Consistently getting screwed over with what we have gotten doesn't exactly help either, and i would posit it, i would also say the West is far harsher on the flaws DQ has due not being blinded by Nostalgia about it, like how few songs are in the soundtracks compared to contemporary RPGs, and im not talking about the gutted MIDIs we get, but the "Real" shit.

But to get into DQ you above all other things need to overlook that S-E does not want you to get into DQ.

I mean the trade off is the core game comes with it. Not having to buy any DLC since the game has all the extra addition while PC and PS4 owners will have to pay extra to have that extra content.

I don't know, all games feel kinda the same. The story and the characters don't really engage me. The gameplay is straightforward and you just grind when you start having problems.

After checking the DQ3 PS4 port, it looks a bit compared to the SNES version. While I'm glad Studio Piazza is working with Romancing SaGa now, the studio they contracted could've gotten some props as to how to remake stuff from the SNES: trying to "upgrade" 16-bit sprites beyond giving them movement looks off all the time, specially if the backgrounds stay mostly the same.

youtube.com/watch?v=6pcAArKwwCQ
youtu.be/-Ea5hKnrUqI?t=849

Because it's fucking boring.

While DQ is boring, that’s not an excuse because the west buys mind numbingly boring games like FF and Persona

Wish they brought those over. Feel only having DQ on mobile really stops many people from playing it. Put them on mobile but also give us them on consoles as well.

Also do over DQ4 please. What they did to that game is fucked.

Each FF game is at least different and each iteration had different combat systems, they try to do shit differently. In DQ it's all the same shit all the time, a silent protagonist, samey characters, samey story, same combat system.

1-9 skipping 8 all have the same combat. you can rename materia/magicite/whatever the fuck but they still play identically

the alena chapter was fucking butchered, holy shit that localization is criminally bad when the NES one was very serviceable

SNES games have the same combat. FF7 instituted materia and limit breaks, FF8 had a completely different system, 9 had nuances that 7 didn't such as learning abilities from gear and weapon crafting, 10 on the whole had a maybe more conservative combat system but character building was entirely different, 12 was an offline mmo, 13 and 15 had completely new combat systems. And most importantly, each games feels different.

Why is she crying?