What is the best Doom clone and why is it pic related?

What is the best Doom clone and why is it pic related?

Attached: file.png (220x265, 84K)

Whoops, meant to post this.

Attached: 88240-shadow-warrior-dos-front-cover.jpg (800x1027, 156K)

you meant to post cringe? yikes

For me, it's Dark Forces.
The best in the Dark Forces/Jedi Knight series.

Blood had the better theme and levels. I love it's love letter to horror movies of all kinds. That all being said...
Shadow Warrior was the better game. Blood has a lot of poor design choices, lots of hit scan, lots of overly hard moments. It's full of too many "room of chaingunners from doom 2" moments.

This is a great example of when you know "X is sooooo great!" is just a fad. OP can't even relate it to the right fucking game it's a clone of.

One of the most overrated glitchy snoozefests I have ever played.

Attached: Duke_Nukem_3D_Coverart.png (220x262, 124K)

And obviously I'm referring to Blood being the overrated trash, not Duke 3D. Duke is a fantastic game.

>Blood
>Overrated
Git gud.

Attached: Blood gameplay 3.webm (960x540, 2.85M)

>Grew up after Halo came out and before the era where everything was called a "doom clone"
>Thinks we have to call it a Duke clone because it obviously shares an engine with Duke Nukem 3d
Kid, let me tell you about a 10 year stretch of time from before you were born...

>Both have nothing to come back with besides low tier insults.

Let me know when you two are ready to give me good examples of why this is a good game and why I should try it again. I've seen better webms on /vr/ than that.

See

based retard

If you like one Build game, I don't see why you wouldn't like them all in some capacity.

See Blood fans aren't doing a good job explaining why this is a good game. Keep proving me right.

Attached: 1560015304843.gif (488x519, 400K)

chex quest

Why? I'm not here to defend Blood. In fact, I'm one of the earliest posts here saying Shadow Warrior was better. I'm just saying the term "doom clone" is appropriate because that's what everyone said in the era these FPSs came out.

>Doom clone
Blood's not even the same engine fuckwad.

>It was called that back in the day but I will go ahead and get overly defensive and make claims against user that I have no proof on.

First fps I played was Quake III anyways.

I remember Shadow Warrior being praised as the best of the big 3 build engine games, now it's all about Blood.

This man is right.

I know it's not a definitive source, but a LOT of anything you can research on from back in the day backs me up, Doom Clone was a really popular term. The wiki for first person shooters mentions it:
"One such title, and the progenitor of the genre's wider mainstream acceptance and popularity was Doom, one of the most influential games in this genre; for some years, the term Doom clone was used to designate this genre due to Doom's influence.[1] Corridor shooter was another common name for the genre in its early years"

I would say Half-Life started to unpopularize that term along with Deus Ex, both introducing their own story elements doom never had.

They said "first person shooter" back then too. "Doom clone" makes you sound like a moron. People who said that back then were too.