The absolute peak

The absolute peak

Attached: 009efad3db4426b19be83233167a846be7cfa839_00.gif (320x218, 101K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=2XjouKSkSeM
youtube.com/watch?v=UBnhOZEodlE
youtube.com/watch?v=M7ru_eeOeL8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Yeah, and it even fucking sucks too. Fuck, I love Pokémon, but they are so bad.

Attached: pokemon train.gif (320x288, 1.23M)

basesadef

Nah

Attached: Pt vs.HGSS.png (1997x2916, 971K)

dunno man, Snood was better

Attached: snood.png (220x220, 105K)

yea peak lazy, hey should we fix these things? nah fuck that add following pokemon

The last (and in many ways first) glimmer of brilliance of the franchise.

Attached: 250px-MD_Sky_EN_boxart.jpg (250x224, 28K)

youtube.com/watch?v=2XjouKSkSeM
Gen 2 should've been the final generation. Now this franchise is approaching Simpsons levels of decay and it's honestly just sad.

>Comparing HG/SS's midgame to Platinum's endgame

0/10

No.

Not like the endgame is any better. Kanto is a wasteland when you realize it's propped up only by the Gym Leaders.

>last
What about Conquest?

Attached: Nobunaga.jpg (2333x1314, 830K)

She looks like she's riding dick.

>Now this franchise is approaching Simpsons levels of decay and it's honestly just sad.
Because it's in 3D now and it won't stop going back to Kanto. That's a big reason why Johto is such a forgettable region, it's just a springboard for Kanto.

Pokemon's concept has so much potential as a videogame, and its creators went with the most lazy attempt at continuing the series because their fans are easily pleased with recycled material anyway

That are far a superior challenge to anything found in Platinum. Diamond is in many ways the worst Pokémon game ever made.

Soul
Soulless

The circlejerk for Johto just because "OMG YOU COME BACK TO KANTO AND FACE OFF THE ORIGINAL PLAYER FROM RBG" is insufferable.

Almost as bad as LOLOL HOENN MORE LIKE HOE WHY YOU FILLED WITH WATER AMIRITE? XDDD

Johto is much more memorable than anything that came after, except maybe Kalos. Hoenn is just water and Sinnoh is just garbage.

Attached: Pxywikiwalkthrough739.png (400x240, 158K)

>That are far a superior challenge to anything found in Platinum.
Haha, no. There's no such thing as challenge in Pokemon other than beating the Battle Tower or the BF.

>Diamond is in many ways the worst Pokémon game ever made.
Nah, we have RBY which are obsolete thanks to FRLG.

Why are you people taking about kids games when you all are clearly adults?

Boring story. Endgame was ok tho

>Johto is much more memorable than anything that came afte
Johtofag please. The only memorable part in Johto was the path leading up to Ho-oh. The region is boring since it's mostly forest and gets shat on by Sinnoh because that region actually has an identity instead of being the sequel region to Kanto.

More of a challenge =/= challenging. You dumb zoomer.

2 & Remake > 5 > 3 > 1 & Remake > 4
Everything beyond 5 isn't even worth rating, they're so unabashedly shit.

>hoenn is just water
the land areas are bigger than jhoto and have far more going on. Jhoto didn't have jack shit till the remake added autumn trees in ecruteak

Attached: scooby.png (499x465, 217K)

Yeah I loved the main story being short boring shit so they could shove a ghost town kanto into postgame.
I loved the utter shit Pokemon selection and most gen 2 Pokemon being in KANTO. That makes total fucking sense.
And boy oh boy, do I fucking love GRINDING. The absolutely retarded level curve? Pure soul.

Attached: 1489437035115.jpg (238x183, 7K)

Between the bellsprout tower, slowpoke well/apricot crafting and goldenrod I dare say Jotho has the most memorable earlygame cities in the franchise.

What the fuck does Platinum have prior to Snowpoint? Nothing, that's what.

>You dumb zoomer.
Cute, but I'm still right. No challenge in Johto. Or quality either.

Attached: HGSS gym leaders.png (669x707, 62K)

I need this.

Why is everything so underleveled in that game? I've been playing through it recently and unless you go out of your way to do story things first like the Lake of Rage, you end up being 20 levels higher than the opponents. I have a Jynx, a Seel, a Shellder and that's it, yet I only had enough EXP to get Jynx to 35 (well, Smoochum to 35 for Psychic) and Seel to 37. Usually by the 6th gym if I have a full team, they're all that level or higher. Seriously, I'm starting to think arbitrary roadblocks aren't as bad as I once thought they were so that you actually have some natural progression in the games.

>muh autumn leaves
Just play fucking gen 5 during fall.

>I-I can't read but I'm totally right you guys!

>muh snowfall

Just play fucking gen 5 during winter.

What in the hell do you fucks even remember from Johto aside from the Unown shit, Mt. Silver, and that burned down tower?

>What the fuck does Platinum have prior to Snowpoint?
The Underground, contests, pokeball stickers, poffins, the Safari Zone, Iron works, the Haunted House, pokemon mansion.

nostalgia goggles

Attached: Pokemon Tier Lists.png (1297x2523, 3.66M)

The gym leaders are piss easy, other than the huge level difference between you and them thanks to the shitty world/level design of Gen 2. I'm so sick of having to only use 3 - 4 Pokemon or be terminally 6+ levels weaker than the weakest Pokemon a gym leader had. Gen 2 fucking blows, and HG/SS didn't fix shit.

Attached: 1327480228939.jpg (251x228, 9K)

There is no challenge in the Kanto gym leaders user.

To be fair, Johto had a comfy train station. That's about it.

Whitney is so easy in HGSS. Morty can't even touch you if you use a normal type. The only gym leader that's actually hard is Claire and that's because the level curve is still fucked so her stuff is all 10 levels higher than you.

I replayed it recently and the only thing I that stood out to me was how shit the level curve is, RBY may actually unironically be better games overall.

>sun and moon high tier
just face it, the 3DS games are trash.

Lapras cave, and bug catching contest at park

I feel the exact opposite. Kalos was fucking shit, Johto was the worst region in any Pokemon game, and Hoenn/Sinnoh were great outside of their problem zones (water routes/Mt Coronet).

Hoenn wasn't even that bad, since it had super fast surfing speed and repels. I feel like 90% of people who complain never bought repels, so their complaints are invalid.

I grew up with johto but didn't like it all that much

I like hoenns aesthetic. 16 bit graphics, trumpet music, islands tropical

>gen4 not shit tier
>gen2 in average tier
>gen7 not in subhuman tier
oof

move gen 7 to shit tier and I agree

Pokemon following you

The problem with Johto was that it was overshadowed by the fact that the player's mind blown when they found Kanto.

>red-yellow-blue bad

Have a (you) and stop being a retard.

>I feel like 90% of people who complain never bought repels, so their complaints are invalid.
Bitch you're going to see a shitload of water pokemon either way because 90% of the trainers encountered are swimmers.

It shits the bed right after Mahogany, my man. You go from being overleveled to being assblasted by a level 42 Kingdra.

The worst is the Kanto, where you go from being level 42-ish around the time you beat the Elite 4, to the next boss fight you can do being level 50-ish.

While we're at it.

You have ten seconds to explain why Cinnabar Island isn't the WORST town/city in the entire fucking franchise.

I agree with this mostly, but make Elder God tier every Stadium game, including PBR and the GC ones, move B2W2 down to God tier and move HG/SS to high tier. Battling is the best part of the series for me and Emerald/Platinum/B2W2 are the holy trinity for the mainline games for this. Also X and Y deserve a second chance from most people.

They're some of the most forgettable. You're just a smelly nostalgia-fag.

Attached: 1564185437061.png (709x723, 25K)

the original or gen 2?

original had a kick ass theme and an awesome mansion

They were bad. Broken piece of shit. People only like it for nostalgia.

I genuinely can't hate Hoenn just because of how godly Emerald was.

They hated him for telling the truth.

Other than SMUSUM being in High Tier. They belong in Shit Tier. ORAS were the best 3DS Pokemon games, even if they were directly inferior to Emerald

Attached: Starters.png (1886x1296, 991K)

Silver being a shit rival, raticates and pidgeys everywhere, level 15 pokemon from Johto to Kanto. NO VS SEEKER

Attached: secret base.jpg (480x360, 48K)

You can avoid most of the fights on those routes, most of which are optional to begin with. Just don't talk to every Swimmer if you're tired of fighting water types. It's like complaining about fighting a bunch of Rock types in a cave.

>Battling is the best part of the series for me and Emerald/Platinum/B2W2 are the holy trinity for the mainline games for this.
Emerald? Fuck no, that game didn't have the Physical Split.

Why were Gen 3's starters so broken?

How can it be peak without the best theme in the series?

youtube.com/watch?v=UBnhOZEodlE

Attached: 1496076587882.jpg (354x286, 25K)

Ivysaur is still my fav poke. Too bad it ends with retarded tree on his back if you ever decide to evolve him

Play the spinoffs faggot

It literally is just nostalgia-goggles. It was a lot of peoples' first Pokemon games.

Attached: E0FN2[1].png (986x959, 113K)

It's a lose-lose scenario since there's nothing other than the occasional items on the sand islands and the sunk boat if you ignore the trainers.

>SMUSUM being in High Tier. They belong in Shit Tier.
Your opinion belongs in shit tier, retard.

The physical/special split isn't that big of a deal, most Pokémon used at the Battle Frontier wouldn't even benefit that much from it.

Quick tards it's time.

>Best Rival
>Best Bike Route
>Best Post-Game
>Best IV Breeding Autism
>Best Legendary Pokemon Mysteries/Secrets
>Worst Autistic Cave

>pokemon designs themselves are still just as good, you're just retarded
:)

Attached: 1553024146509.jpg (576x478, 66K)

Retarded. Might as well say Dark being Special and Ghost being Physical was a good thing.

That is incredibly fucking wrong.

What would you recommend?

t. waifu-fag

Again, the routes are optional. The game is pretty much the same with or without them. They're optional routes there to connect the region more.

Is unova out in pokeone yet?

>>Best Rival
Barry
>>Best Bike Route
Don't have one.
>>Best Post-Game
Platinum
>>Best IV Breeding Autism
Skip
>>Best Legendary Pokemon Mysteries/Secrets
Giratina's dimension
>>Worst Autistic Cave
Mt. Moon

I struggle to put into words how retarded this is

Gen 7's technical issues didn't stop it from being one of the most memorable campaigns in the series. USUM was also more challenging than Platinum.

>Gen 7's technical issues didn't stop it from being one of the most memorable campaigns in the series.
Faggotass Lilliecuck

omg you're so epic and ground breaking with your typical epic Yea Forums opinions.

go actually play the games.

>Blonde Striped Autist
>Bike Routes are all shit
>I want to say HGSS, but I feel Platinum back there and I haven't played it in a while.
>ORAS
>Platinum
>Mt.Moon

>Best rival
Barry, easy.
>Best Bike Route
I'ma have to go with Gen 5 for not having a bike route. Bike routes suck. Especially in Gen 4 where every damn trainer is reppin' Team Double Team.
>Best Post-Game
Tie between Platinum and B2/W2. Even if I counted Kanto as post-game for HG/SS, I'd still give the edge to the former 2. The battle island in Pt is more fleshed out than all of Kanto in HG/SS, and B2/W2's post-game even more so, with the addition of the PWT.
>Best IV Breeding Autism
Gen 6 and beyond. I don't do IV breeding in them, though, because there's no reason to. If I want to do competitive battling, I go onto Showdown. The Battle Maison is not worth my time, and I'm pissed they wasted the best song in ORAS on it.
youtube.com/watch?v=M7ru_eeOeL8
>Best Legendary Pokemon Mysteries/Secrets
Platinum. I love roaming legendaries. Just toxic them and chase them down, tossing quick balls. Plus there's Giratina, Heatran, Cresselia, Regigigas, and so on. B2W2 was better about making the legendaries obtainable without an event, though.
>Worst Autistic Cave
Fuck Mt. Coronet.

Attached: E0FTp[1].png (631x783, 115K)

One of the best Pokémon for the Battle Frontier is Slaking, which uses Shadow Ball for Ghost coverage and with the split it becomes a useless move.
Metagross doesn't benefit either since there are no psychic moves in gen 3 that became psychic.
Milotic doesn't use a single physical attack.
Blissey should just use Seismic Toss, which is unaffected by attack power.
Swampert is a mixed attacker in most scenarios anyways.
Latias/Latios also suffer post split because Dragon Claw becomes physical.
Rhydon is borderline unusable after the split.

>m-muh lillie
lmao, imagine seething this hard that your literal blank slate silent protag wasn't the only MC. God forbid they try something a tiny bit different.

i have
i played every generation as it came out because unlike you, i am not a zoomer

Rhydon became borderline unusable because of powercreep and having a much better evolution. Rhyperior is genuinely terrifying because it hits so damn hard and can actually eat coverage options. It takes a STAB Water/Grass move to OHKO it, or just a Pokemon with incredibly high special attack.

Meanwhile Rhydon gets fucked by everything now that Energy Ball exists, Giga Drain is good, and Water/Grass types are everywhere and dominate every tier.

And that is why Gen 3 will never be as good Gen 4.

why would i comment on games i haven't played. sun and moon are absolute dogshit, and i've played every single pokemon multiple times.

This running on Twilightmenu++ on 3ds?

>imagine seething this hard that your literal blank slate silent protag wasn't the only MC.
Nah, the other games implemented other MCs and did it much better than Gen 7 where the game has to stop to tell you how fucking cute Nebby and Lillie are or some boring unskippable cutscene.

>"u-u-u-uh... zoomer"
good job user!!

>Best rival
Barry, but only through hard establishing who his father is and why he wants to get better. Also, actually isn't an edgelord.
>best bike route
Cycling roads or routes to use the bike? Kanto's cycling road and route 117 respectively.
>best post-game
Emerald if we're including Colosseum and Mt. Battle as well. Otherwise, B2W2.
>Best IV breeding autism
Gen 7, super easy to breed for whatever you want
>best legendary
Navel Rock
>worst autistic cave
Toss up between Mt. Moon in gen 1, Rock Tunnel in gen 1 and Altering Cave in gen 3.

>Ampharos D tier
get the fuck out

Sure thing faggots. Let me guess, it was
>checks reference shitpost
all those cutscenes! (that cut down dramatically after the first town)

Gen 1 High Tier
Gen 2 Mid Tier
Everything else SHIT TIER

Grow the fuck up, only the old games were good

Rhydon can't evolve in gen 3. I'm saying if the split is applied to gen 3 as it is now, not gen 3 to gen 4 shifts.

It's a shit design.

Literally no other game did that. N was a side character. Also, fucking called it. Muh cutscenes. Imagine being this basic.

thanks, i know it's hard to beat my superior intellect and taste so i don't hold it against you

that was one thing
it was also the extreme amounts of exposition about nothing
at least gen5's extreme amounts of exposition were about actual story
i actually did want to like gen8, i just couldn't, it wasn't fun

>that cut down dramatically after the first town
just a blatant lie and you know it.

Like fucking clockwork. Hyperbole about cutscenes, and literally nothing else. Next.

>The cutscenes weren't bad GUYS
And B/W did the same thing with traveling companions, except better, and it was crap then, too. Pokemon needs to stop being like Dragon Quest 8 and go back to being like Dragon Quest 1.

Attached: The Alola Experience.webm (840x720, 2.92M)

>Literally no other game did that.
DPPt, BW, BW2 follows up on those MCs from BW. XY.

>Also, fucking called it. Muh cutscenes. Imagine being this basic.
If everyone has the same complaints about the game then maybe it's because it's such a huge problem with it that anyone can see it. There are so many unskippable cutscenes (that are fucking BORING and repetitive as hell) that anyone who isn't drinking the kool-aid is going to find them annoying.

Don't forget May/Brendan from R/S/E. Pokemon has been doing it since Gen 3, and it peaked in Gen 5 before going straight to shit tier in Gen 6 and 7.

Is this tier list correct, Yea Forums?

Attached: E0G8o[1].png (528x613, 167K)

>Hyperbole about cutscenes
they're boring, repetitive and genuinely make the game unplayable on repeat playthroughs. how much more needs to be said about it? how can you seriously even defend that?

The cutscenes were still minimal for a non-ancient JRPG. Yes they were a problem but if it's the only thing you're judging about the game, you have genuine autism.
>muh closed routes
Nice meme. There was just as much exploration as previous games. Every poke ride opened new areas in previous islands. Unless you're the kind of person who likes excessive caves, this wasn't an issue.

>next
ok next, you concede that i'm right

>Rock that low
No

>The cutscenes were still minimal for a non-ancient JRPG.
lmao it takes like twenty minutes to get your first pokemon.

>everyone
A few vocal spergs on Yea Forums isn't everyone. Or rather, everyone agrees it's a problem, but only autists ignore all the game's other qualities due to this one thing.

Those are not MCs. They are not as central to the story as Lillie is.

>Gen 2 should've been the final generation.
Fuck off retard. Gen 3, 4, and especially 5 were great. Gen 2 was a low point in comparison to the first five.

>Those are not MCs
Cheren and Bianca certainly were and so where those fucks from XY. All better than Lillieshit.

Depends on what the fuck this tier list is in relation to.

Yeah, like I said, they're excessive until you finish Hauoli city, then there's hardly more dialogue than in other games, it's just played out longer through animation. Still drags at times, but also adds impact in others. Again you're just regurgitating talking points and overlooking everything else to suit your bias.

>so where those fucks from XY.
See this is how I know you're full of shit. Being your friends doesn't make them MCs. Those faggots especially had nothing to do with the story.

Lots of gen 2 pokemon were rubbish but got great in gen 4, so nah. Gen 3 also have tons of cooler pokemon. If you weren't actual retard, you would have see that Gen 5 was the final generation for best pokemon experience.

this. how people can play these games after playin through one of them is beyond me. great music, but godawfully repetitive and simplistic gameplay/battles for an RPG.

>but only autists ignore all the game's other qualities due to this one thing.
WHAT other qualities? Most aspects of Sun and Moon suck, from the shitty pokemon, the non-existent difficulty, the pissweak trainers, the piss-easy rival that wants to suck your dick, the half-baked story, the awful dungeon design, the terrible pokemon designs etc.

>they're excessive
Thanks, that's all we need to know that Gen 7 was ass compared to the predecessors.

someone didn't want to lick the male mc's butthole clean after a rough ride on tauros

>just regurgitating talking points
or they're literally the first thoughts anyone with a brain has when they're playing the game. they're talking points for a fucking reason

rival is stretching it a little don't you think? he's like your weird friend that doesn't have any social awareness

>he's like your weird friend that doesn't have any social awareness
He's Barry except he never got the message through his thick head.

>rival is stretching it a little don't you think?
No I don't. That's his function in the game, he's a trainer that you follows you throughout the game that you have to battle multiple times, who starts off with a starter pokemon that you didn't pick and gradually builds their team. Don't try to turn this into arguing semantics.

yes

Attached: 1450532506754.gif (226x224, 182K)

>non-existent difficulty
You seriously sound like you haven't fucking played it. They were harder than the vast majority of Pokemon games. Totems were generally harder than gyms, exp gain was softcapped, boss trainers even had fucking EVs. The Pokemon being slow only added to the challenge, forcing you to actually take hits. USUM ramped up the difficulty to beyond Platinum. And the story clearly had more effort put into it than the generic "villain takes over world" plot of every team except rocket.

>literally misquoting
Thanks for confirming that gen 7 haters are shitposters

Don't tell us you actually lost in USUM.

Yes, when they're first playing the game. If they bother to play past those first 20 minutes, they realize the cutscenes are cut down a lot. And if they can't get over that early issue to judge the rest of the game fairly, their opinion isn't worthwhile.

Stadium 1-2
Colosseum/Gale of Darkness
SNAP
Ranger series
Mystery Dungeon RRT to Explorers of Sky
Battle Revolution
Conquest
Pokken Tournament DX

Almost all of them are much more fun than mainline

>20 minutes
you're saying everyone is hyperbolizing it, while you're massively downplaying it. is it really so hard for you to understand that the cutscenes can genuinely ruin what would otherwise be an OK pokemon game?

Gen 2 was when ambition was high. Before the complacency.

We started so strong.

soul: gen 1 music, gen 3 areas, gen 2 bug catching area, gen 4 starters.

Stop being a disingenuous faggot. Almost everyone lost to Necrozma unless they had prior knowledge of the match and cheesed it, or grinded like hell. It's not just a matter of losing either, there were lots of matches that took way more effort than "send out starter, press super effective move," like most other games.

Can we all agree that a mainstream game set in Orre would be fucking rad?

>ambition was high
Gen 2 was originally going to be Johto-only and they ordered a bunch of high-capacity carts from Nintendo due to the ROM size, but Iwata checked Gamefreak's shitty code and managed to optimise it to the point they had enough room to fit Kanto on.
It was literally an afterthought.

Yes, especially when you can still speed through dialogue in most of them. I weigh all aspects of a game, not just one mild annoyance, especially when some of the cutscenes were enjoyable, like Team Skull.

HAHAHAHAH AHHHHHHHHHH WHAT A FAGGOT

They could recycle the content if they only saw forward to open up the game and let people explore and progress in any variety of ways. No fixed order for route/gym progression, no special HM/Pokeride/Techniques to bypass things in the environment. Maybe even change it so trainers in the wild actually field 6 fucking Pokemon but don't auto-aggro. You can challenge them for money and XP but its not forced on the player.

Based Iwata. That doesn't really change what I was saying, though, Gen 2 was when ambition was going high. It went higher in 3 and eventually leveled out in 4. Since then it's been gimmicks.

And they keep taking out the good gimmicks. Fuck you Gamefreak, give us back super training.

What Pokemon game did you think was more challenging?

this, i played Red and haven''t touched one since

not sure if srs

>radio tower
>bug catching contests
>dragon cave
>lapras cave
>having to water a tree because you couldn't cut it and OH MY GD ITS A POKEMON

>Rock Tunnel worst

No way. You don't know shit unless you've replayed RBY enough to go through Rock Tunnel without Flash. To this day I still remember every turn I need to make.

Don't gloss over Unown. Still the most interesting part of pokemon lore, despite all this Ultra Beast and alt universe shit.

They'd be interesting if they actually fucking did something. There's no substance to their lore.

>rock and fairy that low
Nope

>There's no substance to their lore.
Confirmed for dumbass.

And that's for the best. Gamefreak can't write lore for shit.

If they fleshed them out it'd be a giant clusterfuck.

I won't be topped, ever. Also, Cyndaquil is the best starter Pokémon to ever exist.

Attached: 1550916546712.jpg (400x397, 54K)

>Also, Cyndaquil is the best starter Pokémon to ever exist.
Totodile shits on cyna

What's so interesting about their lore then?

Why you gonna do my nigga totodile like that?

>Decidueye below fucking Blaziken
Eat shit.

Emerald can still be fun as hell if you compensate for that. I do agree its worse but its not terrible - the frontier stuff can be a good time.

Attached: IMG_3646.jpg (1196x780, 468K)

Trying to find balance between true and ideals.

I love how magneton looked in this game, i wish magnet zon never existed

How the fuck did you even find a Feebas?

I like both, but he does look great in gen 3. Plus he's god tier with that typing in FRLG.

But really you should like Zone because it means Eviolite Magneton is a thing.

>Torkoal and Milotic
Amazing taste

Doesn't magneton look basically the same in all the games? It's not like there can be much of an action pose or whatever.

Fished for it. I would go tile by tile fishing five times per tile. I had a strategy guide for Emerald and when I found a space with Feebass, I circled that tile in my strategy guide. Plus I fished up several Feebass and made plenty of pokeblocks, so I can always grab another gen 3 Milotic if I feel like trying to raise a new one.

Keep in mind I was/am an autistic pokefag who was trying to complete the Emerald dex for that GSC starter.

Thanks user

Attached: 1536631771719.jpg (1200x687, 358K)

Just got to try every square of the river a few times.
Not nearly so grinding as shiny hunting.
Evolving it to Milotic is the real bitch.

Man Emerald was something else. I don't know what was wrong with me at the time but I leveled a Shedinja to 100 and forced it to be with me in every battle.

God what a useless piece of shit Shedinja was.

>Diamond is in many ways the worst Pokémon game ever made.

Attached: 30a2a623c0bacd227c99537397b120c7.png (541x1280, 375K)

daahhhh... pointy.. bad ASS hehehe...

Attached: crumpus.png (620x546, 125K)

Defend this.

Attached: GAME_FREAK_Inc.-Logo.png (1200x2932, 115K)

It's a buttplug

Literally no defense. Think about how good the games could be if Nintendo developed them.

Ranking this by weakness paints a very different picture