>2019
>still no game that branches MM with TP

Attached: Young_Link_Artwork_1_(Ocarina_of_Time).png (968x1090, 831K)

legend of zelda, the gameboy zelda (uncolored), link to the past and ocarina of time are the only good zeldas. oracles and ages would have made the list if they didnt have the bs of being split into two games, instead of one mega game

Here are the 3D Zelda games we could have had right now if Nintendo didn't cancel them
> 1998 - Ocarina of Time
> 2000 - Majora's Mask
> 2003 - Wind Waker
> 2006 - Wind Waker 2
> 2011 - Twilight Princess
> 2014 - Twilight Princess 2
> 2017 - Breath of the Wild
> 2020 - Breath of the Wild 2
We could have had solid conclusions to each original game, but Aonuma cancelled Wind Waker 2 & Twilight Princess 2 due to autistic fan demands. Skyward Sword ruined the franchise, and it only existed because Aonuma didn't have the balls to finish what he started & make sequels to games that everyone had grown to love

gimmicky controls ruined skyward sword. and the zelda game on the ds. just give fucking normal control options for christs sake

What's there to eve link up? Twilight Princess Hyrule is just Hyrule without the bad future bought on by Ganon (And no gerudo for some reason)

>Twilight Princess 2
fucking what now? why was it dropped? i would love to see the Twilight realm come back

Miyamoto said it would take too long to develop. That was literally the only reason why it was cancelled

but BOTW doing the same was okay

I fucking hate Miyamoto

sequelfags are a cancer that need to die
as good as games do mechanical sequels, they do narrative sequels (and prequels, and spin-offs, etc.) awfully a lot more often than not, and Zelda itself has not been immune to that. Skyward Sword and A Link Between Worlds provide two very different examples of how trying to build on previous games' story/lore works against a new game, with SS being an awful origin story fanfic and ALBW being a pretty boring rehash (though ALBW managed to be good despite it)

The Hero of Time deserves a proper conclusion.

Skyward Sword is barely qualifiable as a "prequel" story to Ocarina or anything wholesome. On top of everythig else it does wrong the probably worst is the implication that Hyrule has been in a 10 000 year post apocalyptic dark age caused by a being outside time and space. In a series where Ocarina was dark fantasy, and AlttP was fantasy and you know EVERY GAME WAS FANTASY.

You want to write a new country with new races? Make one up like Majora's Mask did or put some effort into making it believable that this is Hyrule.

>ywn be MM link and get shrunken down and vored by midna
Why live?

> Ruins Zelda by cancelling the sequels & destroying the timeline
> Ruins Paper Mario by removing the story & characters
> Ruins Mario because he never wants it to have a interesting story like Galaxy had
> Ruins 2D Metroid because he hates it & doesn't understand the appeal behind it
> Ruins F-Zero because he doesn't understand why people want another one
> Ruins Pikimin by never releasing any information on the sequel, and pretty much cancelling it
Is Miyamoto a bigger hack than Kojima & Nomura at this point?

Masuda exists

Pokemon was never good, so he techinically isn't a hack. If Nintendo would buy Gamefreak & allow Monolith to develop the games they would be masterpieces

inafune exists, he bumbled his way into a high position at capcom then coasted off more talented people until leaving and shitting out mighty no 9

Compare the popularity of TP and Botw though

ALBW is better than ALTTP in my honest opinion

>No TP2
FUCKING miyamoto, i swear too shit he can't stop pissing me off with all the shit he has pulled over the years, instead we get skyward sword, god damn it.

Galaxy was the last Mario with real "soul". Mario games since have not been bad, but they are seriously devoid of any character at all. Odyssey was a step in the right direction towards cleansing the IP of Miyamoto's sterile influence but it was also clearly made by more amateur talent at Nintendo. There is a ways to go to really revitalizing Mario's presence.

It's an interesting premise, I've always wondered the connecting between the alternate worlds in all the games... (Termina, Lorule, Underworld, the Twilight Realm)

I've always wanted a Kingdom Hearts style Zelda game where Link & Zelda travel the other alternate worlds to stop Ganon from conquering the multiverse

>Termina
>alternate world

You poor deluded thing

my headcanon was always that hyrule was on a flat earth and termina was just on the other side of it