Monster Hunter

Hello my name is Yian Gargua, and I'm in.

Attached: a.png (872x459, 511K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/0oKeJBkpx1U?t=1159
youtube.com/watch?v=7fuIYTFT2yk
youtube.com/watch?v=YZAq_p6YfHk
youtube.com/watch?v=Ynr4A6Mwh7w
youtu.be/_iFVDD1K2Y8?t=107
youtu.be/59Bycr2fup0
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>implying it’s not Kulu-Garuga
Either would be based though, Yian Garuga is infamous for raping shitters and would be a cool inclusion but a new Garuga to pass on the torch of rape to would be just as exciting.

>Garuga without Kut-Ku
I don't believe it.

Attached: 43647731_p50.jpg (706x706, 130K)

Attached: 1563012170258.jpg (410x196, 34K)

there's a very big switchaxe change in iceborne that all the ecelebs ignore
you can now go directly into overhead slash after your running axe attack, and overhead slash got a big MV buff to 45

why do they just gloss over this? yes the new fade slash is nice but this is also a big change to axe mode and they just ignore it. you can snipe damage very eaisly now with running -> overhead -> fade, and thats ~100 safe MV

Attached: Untitled.png (1010x886, 1.26M)

>Rarity 11
What da fug

I want worldbabbies to fight 140 frenzied yian garuga.
With no fixed hitboxes
With the instant charge that has an active hitbox a few frames before he starts moving
With the 180 beakslam that has no tell
With the super deadly poison from tailspins

Let me see their suffering

MR stuff is going up to Rarity 12 now.

We knew that since nargacuga in the beta. Also, we're going higher than that.

Hello, my name is Steve and im the 4th gen rep.

Attached: 1464184872040.jpg (1140x969, 133K)

Garuga is the 1st gen returning rep. Raths are a mascot
Steve will be using the same kind of animation as Garuga for the fact that they are both the hyper as fuck type

Attached: 39C91F06-A1F0-4DAB-AE9A-B7886ADF65DA.jpg (863x1919, 488K)

The way it works now is;

Low Rank gear is rarity 1-4
High Rank gear is rarity 5-8
Master Rank gear is rarity 9-12

I want you to solo Extreme Behemoth. Now let's hear your cope, 3DSbab.

extreme behemoth is harder, and solo he is 10 times harder than your meme monster on a shitty 3ds game at 200x100 resolution.

Attached: Worst-Graphics-Of-All-Time.png (640x360, 587K)

>Poorly and actual broken designed fights are good
I'm glad the clunkiness of the handheld games is gone tbqh

Attached: 1471117609226.png (654x1920, 1016K)

>back in the day
>”wew, Plesioth is back in 3U. Now let those tribabs share the suffering with the OGs”
>fun and light banter
>now
>”hey, Garuga is back. We can share the same “joy” of fighting that fucker with the newcomer now”
>”fuck off with your 3ds”, “muh extremoth”, “muh grafix”
Im utterly disappointed with how the community turned out

Attached: 37942F86-6B42-4778-9F68-F37A9BE745A5.png (452x710, 280K)

who else posts room codes from reddit’s discord in /mhg/ pretending they’re yours? it’s fucking hilarious seeing those /vg/ cucks mingling with redditors and thinking they’re in good company

Honestly you only have yourselves to blame.

nintensharts have been mercilessly bullied for getting into the series late, and this has been going on for over 10 years. this is deserved and just. cry more.

the 3ds games have horrible graphics and weren't very good. most of the bad mechanics in the series (mounting, verticality, gacha RNG, styles) can be traced to the 3DS games.

Anyone got that image of the Iceborne LS tree?

Attached: 44924078_p6.jpg (939x517, 127K)

>3dsbab
My first game was freedom 2
Ive played every game including world
World is the easiest game in the series
I bought a ps4 specifically so I could play world.
If I still had my ps4 id try behemoth just to prove you wrong. But I sold it after capcom did nothing with the game for almost a year and released that sorry excuse for a punching bag that was kulve.

Extreme Behemoth is more difficult than anything else in a mainline game, so you are wrong.

>The dog ate my PS4 so I can't fight Behemoth!
COPE

I sure hope so, Steve. You are the best!

Love
Chris

Why would I keep a $250 console if the only game I played on it was dead for an entire year, and just released a shit custom gear grind on a boring monster?

What makes him hard?
Does he just have big hp and throw out AOEs?
The series isnt hard if you dont overextend.

Does anyone have the webm of the new Longsword move where you sheathe the blade? I think the guy was fighting a Tigrex.

Attached: 1564095667585.jpg (800x575, 92K)

>Selling game consoles
>Ever
And you retards wonder why you never make your money back on your purchases.

And I want 3DS niggers to solo FU but we don't get everything we want do we.

>The series isnt hard
look at those goalposts move!

Don't try to brag about your 200x100 resolution 3DS game when you haven't even soloed Behemoth.

I'm curious, does the director of a MH game usually have a say in the creation and designing process of that game's flagship monster?

>Tigrex back then
>Tigrex now
Not all is lost.

Attached: 1562859610860.jpg (633x288, 106K)

I am literally not interested in any other game on the ps4
No reason to keep it

>goalposts moved
I asked what makes him hard still continuing the conversation but you cant even answer it.

Equip a Hammer or GS and he's dead in 10 minutes, Garuga is a joke

youtu.be/0oKeJBkpx1U?t=1159

>insanely large HP pool
>only 30 minute quest timer, depending on the weapon even a top player will have very aggressive attacks
>tons of persistent tornadoes

After 3 failed attempts with Lance I got AT Nerg down easy with Hammer
I guess hit and run tactics are just as effective as ever, although I still had a dumb death because I forgot he threw spikes forward after his flying dunk at one point halfway through the fight

and he gets faster / gets nastier moves the longer the fight goes on. phase 1/2 is pretty simple but 3/4 will require lots of precise rolls solo

>hesinhesinhesinhesinhesinhesinCONFIRMEDhesinhesin
Since when did Smashfags invade MH threads? I refuse to believe the cookies alone caused this.

That only shows that he has too much hp and is meant to be a 4 man hunt.
Thats not very difficult in a traditional sense of him being challenging, but is hard in the "its scaled for 4 people so you dont do enough damage solo to reliably solo it"
Scaling his hp down to reasonable levels for a solo hunt would make him just another 7 and a half minute hunt for speedrunners and maybe like 1.5x that for literally anyone else.

Aggressiveness is easy to play around as long as you learn the tells and arent mashing buttons.

His HP isn't scaled so that's irrelevant. Even in a group he is more difficult than anything in a prior mainline game. Phase 4 has nastier attacks than anything I have encountered except Frontier games.

if you think its so easy then go do it, bingfaggot.

counterpoint
youtube.com/watch?v=7fuIYTFT2yk
to be really fair, bow is absurdingly OP in this game. HBG too, but its tradition at this point

There's barely any smashfag posts in these threads, it's just the smash echo chamber that is Yea Forums leaking into the monster reveal hype in iceborne trailers.

So, when is the trailer dropping?

>it doesnt count, he's too strong
fuck off with your cope

Probably not today, but I recall the Glavenus trailer dropping at 3 in the morning.

yeah ranged is disgustingly OP. but for the average weapon he's way beyond anything else.

I mean technically you could use 200 smoke bombs and never get hit with HBG, but that's an exploit and even then it takes 30 minutes with almost no time to spare.

Blame listfag for spending two literal years shitting on World and shitting up monster hunter threads.
But also blame your historical revisionism. Fun and light banter never existed. Only the Japanese drawing cute monsters ever remained the same. There's a reason why lone huntah comics ended with the start of third gen, just like how all the comfy souls shit ended the moment Dark Souls PC happened.

August 8th at 2AM EDT

Scaled was the wrong word.
He's made to be fought in a group of 4.
His hp was set for that in mind

>too strong
I said nothing about his strength. Getting slapped with big damage is just getting outplayed by the monster.
He has too much HP to reliably be solo'd except by the top speedrunners.
When your "hard monster" is only hard because of time constraints and not the moveset itself its meaningless.
If I gave you 4 minutes to defeat apex rajang would it be considered hard? None of his moves change, he doesnt do anything different, you just have to play perfectly with the best sets.

Master rank? This the new G rank?

the multiplayer hubs in older games were never scaled you fucking idiot. yet all of them could be soloed comfortably, none even remotely as challenging as extreme behemoth.

and it's not just his HP, his attack patterns in his last phases resemble Frontier, not mainline MH.

but yeah, hard as he is, he is my least favorite "end-boss" fight, on par with FU's white Fatty and Daora in general
it feels fucking suck as a melee player, and cant get in to deal real dmg, at all

>he's not challenging!
>I've never beaten him though
fuck off

Triple AT Khezu at the same time will be the Master rank wall not gayrioth.

Attached: 1499292225775[1].jpg (658x662, 132K)

Guild monsters always have more hp than its story mode counterpart
All of them can be solod comfortably, and none of them ever reach the 50 minutes youre given when soloing.
If you make a monster have enough hp that playing perfectly is the only way you can solo it in its time limit, it has to much hp. Full stop

"World is so hard, ive only got one monster that remotely poses a challenge because he doesnt have enough time for one person thats not a speedrunner to beat!"
His challenge comes merely from the time limit

I just want M.Tigrex to come back so everyone can feel the glorious nuclear roars. I don't particularly care about the game they started with.

>4u is bad
You've made an error

Where's the new trailer though?

Attached: 1563964365230.png (743x533, 24K)

MHGU switch.
Down for whatever mainly looking to get gear to finish g rank and farm deviants till iceborne.
57-5225-7626-3564

Molten tigrex was fun
I just hate that his gun hitzones were low enough just to not activate weakness exploit

Attached: 52903571_p29.jpg (1392x805, 504K)

I’d assume so, it’s his job to make sure everything comes together cohesively. Even if a lot of stuff is decided by the suits, the director is the one who is responsible for making it happen and thus has to have an intimate role in all facets of development.

its not just the HP. in his later phases his attacks are worse than any other mainline monster.

you havent beaten him, so don't try talking about something you don't understand.

>switch

HAHAAHAHAHAHAAAHHAAHAHAHAHHAAHAHHA fuck off with your B Team game LMAOOO

was listfag here?

>the 3DS games are good and weren't an embarrassing downgrade from the PSP games
You've made an error

Attached: this_is_real.jpg (400x240, 56K)

One is Red Khezu and another is a new Khezu Rare Species.

>His challenge comes merely from the time limit
This is wrong.

>>His challenge comes merely from the time limit
You're thinking of Gogmazios

>His challenge comes merely from the time limit
You've never even fought him, much less beaten him, much less even tried solo, and you're trying to make claims like this?
I fucking hate bingniggers

Whoa bro, I just want to play video games.

why are you even bothering to argue with a guy who has claimed not even to have played behemoth let alone beat it

The 3d was upgrade enough when the competition is yet another hand-held.

i will NEVER get tired of behemoth copes from angry nintendoshitters

Attached: DlYD2QIVAAApDQ3.jpg large.jpg (640x360, 25K)

Gog challenge is to find a group that won't kill themselves on stage 2, seriously, the moment it goes apeshit at the very least one retard will cart.

Aoes are not hard to avoid. You have the tools
get good

Gogma is a snoozefest that does nothing but get tickled the entire game until he happens to die
If you have a good weapon you'll never time out against gogma

>you cant apply mh knowledge about monsters to other monsters
Wheres your solo times?

Freedom 2 is a nintendo game?

you won't get any more (You)s from us. you will never be able to solo extreme behemoth. not even regular behemoth.

Attached: 1428979697998.png (512x512, 612K)

>I want you to solo Extreme Behemoth
Not him but I did with SA. Only had to try it twice to figure it out.

good job!

>Have recursive hiding
>Half the thread gets hidden
wew

Attached: 1563944888391.jpg (1440x1190, 102K)

is nu tigrex slower or am I going insane?

Attached: mhfu.jpg (488x1105, 199K)

The games were fucking great though. Gore is my favorite monster. 4U had an interesting story and progression, more cool weapons than world, and tons of monsters. I was raised on gameboy graphics so I dont care if I see some pointy pixels and cant see my hunter's beard hairs.

What do you even have filtered?
My only filter is that new buzzword kids are tossing around

the hunter is just faster

So Velkhana is called Yvelkhana in Japanese, I think? Which name do you guys prefer, the Japanese one or the one we got?

I think he is a bit weaker than 3U and 4U variants. Doesnt seem to ropeneck nearly as much

>mounting
>vertical levels
>gacha RNG
>horrible graphics
>horrible controls
>automatic camera
gameboy sprites you can tell what is going on. most of the time in the 3ds game you are squinting trying to figure out what the fuck is going on.

Shit like cope and seething. Dumb as fuck buzzwords that people here love to throw around. People can call me a bitch all they like for filtering shit, but it makes this place far more tolerable when you don't have to see the same copy/pasted replies every single thread.

Dunno but I like Happurubokka better than Nibelsnarf

does monster hunter have the worst threads on Yea Forums?
generation wars and console wars combined

No, the hunter is just much faster and never runs out of stamina. Go play MHW for an hour, then go emulate MHFU. It will feel like you are stuck in molasses, and your stamina depletes almost immediately.

Well Nibelsnarf is also a terrible name.
I generally prefer the English names but Yvelkhana does sound elegant.

youtube.com/watch?v=YZAq_p6YfHk
on the topic of Extremoth, how will they deal with this monster of a set in master rank?
I know they said that for long time player IB will be a cake walk til Barioth, but hell on ranged weapon you cant be touched anyway
and will the monstrosity that is skill bloat grow even greater with lvl4?

I wouldnt have it any other way. If you want to shit on zoomers and bingnegros, this is place the to do it.

They can't be simply by virtue of actually being about games and therefore being better than half the catalog.

Please dont summon the jinouga user
Please

i dunno, but all of these (aside from graphic, ofc) exist in World too
and yes, fuck Kulve. i have had enough with GQ140 alr

>Nibelsnarf

Attached: tumblr_inline_mirqksTlr31qz4rgp.jpg (403x403, 62K)

I was just genuinely curious but I do not want that either.

That set will still reign supreme until people get level 4 decos and master rank armor to make it even more broken. Ranged is just disgustingly overpowered in World.

It won't be there.

Attached: 1425422073577.jpg (729x639, 187K)

They've done side by side, frame by frame comparisons. Tigrex is the same speed he's always been and even has moves pulled from Molten and Brute in his standard kit. He's even got a fourth charge that he can randomly throw in, which can also be cancelled into a sliding sweep.
The difference is that the Hunter is more mobile than any MonHun and has faster recovering stamina.
The biggest difference so far is that Tigrex doesn't roar as often, but we all know how World is. You think they don't roar and then they chain 5 roars in a row.

>most of the time in the 3ds game you are squinting trying to figure out what the fuck is going on.
Sure if you're legally blind.

Valfalk
also this is the Velkhana we should've gotten

Attached: Vehlkana concept.png (680x533, 623K)

GOOD MOOOOOOOORNING Yea Forums! Just wanted to remind you that we’re another day closer to Fatalis (yes, THE Fatalis from Monster Hunter) getting confirmed in Iceborne! Make sure to save your tears for the upcoming trailer when Fatalis walks into the spotlight!

Attached: C0CA82A8-444A-4042-961C-479BB404E183.jpg (437x648, 267K)

yes, and I blame the shitty nintendo games for introducing those horrible mechanics.

Speaking of roars, grimclaw tigrex is one of the most fun variations to fight
Prove me wrong

That head looks dumb as shit.
I agree on Valfalk too actually because it's actually a proper portmanteau. Most Japanese games sound dumb as shit when romanised though.

Yes. It sounds cooler appearantly. G never stood for anything either so I guess it's fine.

Will we get the gay soapdragon in Iceborne? I have to admit I'm curious to fight him, I didn't play a game he was in Unless he's in 4U, but the screen and controls hurt my eyes and hands

fuck off stupid disney dragon

Ichihara is the director of Iceborne, who was also the director for XX. Valstrax is supposed to partly based on a falcon, while Velkhana's early design looked like a griffin.
I think Ichihara has a thing for birds

Attached: caw.jpg (800x450, 182K)

You forgot to put in Valstrax there.

Attached: Cookies.jpg (640x853, 102K)

Tranny bubble leviathan is from Gen/Gen Ultimate

Mega Juice exists.

>Fujioka and Ichihara talking about the history of monster hunter being important
>and introducing newcomers to that history
>which is why certain flagships were chosen, even if all of them can't make it
If you go based on the history part then it makes more sense for Fatalis to be in than any 3rd or 4th gen monster since he's the OG Elder Dragon.

I'd be perfectly fine with that. I miss the goofy tongue.

Dumb faggot, did you forget power and mega juice?

It looks worse than PSP games that came out in a prior generation. It's absolutely embarrassing and has some of the worst visuals of all time in any game.

Attached: LMFAO.png (401x238, 256K)

You may want to sit down.

Lagi also got cookies and there's no way he's in IB, I'm sorry jetman.

tbqh, everyone wants Fatalis, but what the people truly want is Old Fatalis.
youtube.com/watch?v=Ynr4A6Mwh7w

Anything is not hard to avoid, you have the tools. Why even bring up Yian-Garuga filtering noobs then?

Maybe you wear glasses or something, I had no problems at all on 3DS. Even that screenshot you posted of jaggi, his textures look really good despite the resolution. Also verticality was actually fucking cool and im sad we dont have some of 4U's vertical maps in world. Especially the vine sections and big cliffsides. Controls are definitely better in world, and I think mounting is a fun addition even if it does make things a bit easier. 4U was still hard as fuck in Grank even with it. As far as RNG shit goes, I think every game has it in part drops to a degree, it resulted in people fighting lots of level 140 hardmode shit which was fucking hard, so its nice to have more shit to play and work towards.

Attached: 1523908078796.jpg (600x811, 99K)

?

Cookie leak already debunked. Val and Lagi were deconfirmed by the director.

>Glavenus was chosen to represent X and XX
I'm sorry user, but Valstrax was shot down

that doesnt make you any faster. and most players wont have juice the first time they fight Tigrex.

Yet it's still perfectly visible.

You will be after playing on the 3ds for long enough

garuga is fundamentally broken
You cant dodge an attack if its hitbox comes out before the animation plays

Crashing this jet with no survivors.

Fatalis is 100% going to be the Everwyrm and the Guiding Lands will be the Tower. It makes too much sense not to be.

Most likely not, sadly.

Attached: IMG_20190714_173653.jpg (1424x1224, 169K)

> Also verticality was actually fucking cool and im sad we dont have some of 4U's vertical maps in world

Monster Hunter is dead

>You cant dodge an attack if its hitbox comes out before the animation plays
You predict it

Chances are that guy is listfag and he hasn't touched a single mh game.

crap like this is not acceptable and a reasonable person won't tolerate it.

There's a reason that 2nd gen and MHW grew the series by the most sales, and 4th gen didn't.

Attached: monsterhunter02.jpg (636x382, 50K)

>im sad we dont have some of 4U's vertical maps in world
You are entitled to your opinion but I'm afraid we can't be friends.

Attached: 1464247031755.jpg (337x450, 44K)

>Also verticality was actually fucking cool
Behold the disabled kumbrain of a faggot zoomer 4negro.

Low rank is a joke though so who cares about first time players

>There's a reason that 2nd gen and MHW grew the series by the most sales
Because one was used UMDs known for being faulty and the other being designed for Western audiences.
What does that have to do with 4U having easily discernable visuals?

Can you just stop responding to him

It really was. Your pleb flat arenas suck

Miss me yet?

Attached: 5286283.png (438x370, 289K)

I don't miss dildo head nor the awful 3rd generation.

Attached: 879.jpg (500x350, 40K)

Thread's dead anyway and I'm taking a shit. Plus you should be reporting his posts anyway.

Thoughts on Velkhana (male) ?

Attached: 1562793463808.png (800x450, 614K)

These graphs are cute.

Attached: acidic glavenus.png (273x98, 28K)

Yes.
It was first Monster Hunter
The online hub was perfect. MH3U is the reason I love my Wii U so much. I put over 400 hours into this game.

cool fight but terrible game. fuck all that underwater shit

Contender for the laziest elder dragon yet. You know you've fucked up when I'm hyped to fight fucking subspecies more than an "original" elder dragon.

>2nd gen only sold so much because of broken UMDs!!!
Even if this retarded headcanon were true, it just proves 2nd gen's quality that made people go out and rebuy it.

MH4 is one of the worst looking videogames I can think of. Shit like this is not acceptable and is not "easily discernible."

Attached: 15oxy6x.jpg.png (598x353, 317K)

You now realize that you could've just done the epic hunt instead of farming for the 2% wound reward

It might as well be the most forgettable and boring Flagship monster.

>Report people who don't like Nintendo games!
pathetic

Kelbi bow
Underwater siege glitch
CHARM TABLES

Attached: 1560722939753.gif (250x250, 296K)

So does Acidic Glavenus actually have a counter stance? It looked like that during the gameplay they showed.

That's Kushala.

>Nintendo games!
>made by Capcom

I've never once played it with someone else.

Attached: 1549615465824.jpg (580x548, 34K)

Can someone explain this mentality with Nintendo fans?

Attached: MHFU-Question_Mark_Icon.png (320x320, 30K)

enjoy those 15 minute hunts, kelbishitter

Legit I don't get what the problem is with verticality or tall platforms. Flat arenas exist in every map too, why is variety bad to you guys?

Also
>zoomer
I wish I was 10 years younger. I was alive to get a sega saturn when it was new, so im probably older than most of you

Attached: 1668229-pso_fomar.jpg (375x960, 37K)

I mean I agree that the guiding lands will most probably be a new tower. The icon looks too much like a tower, and evokes a towel of babel vibe.
I don't think that the great existence is going to be a Fatalis though. If it is then it's a brand new member of the Fatalis family.

Mah 3DS solo nigga. I have over 1200 hours on 3U and only about 10 of my hunts were with other players max.

4U has the absolute worst maps but some great monsters. A. Steppe, Hollow, H. Mount are all terrible. Frozen Seaway and Primal forest are ok and Dunes is the only good one.

>a monster that has appeared in countless games is forgettable
Don't think so. I'd be very surprised if Velkhana appeared in any other game after Iceborne. It's totally fucking boring and it doesn't help that the "lore" is basically "it's magic, bro!!!"

>we've now reached the point that people are defending mounting and vertical maps
>things that were universally hated when introduced
Okay.

That's a shame. The multiplayer was super nice.
It's even 100x better than World's connectivity.

He’s a flagship of course he’ll reappear. And where has his lore been spoken about? AFAIK they’ve been very tight lipped on what Velkhana fights like and his lore.

Dunes is probably the second worst map of all time after the Ancient Forest. Actually, fuck all of World's maps except for Wildspire Wastes. At least that one resembles a more traditional map.

I don't know but I think Kushala is pretty boring. Same goes for Rathalos and I'm actually not big on Tigrex either even if the fight is alright.
Also Velkhana's gear is looking pretty neat.

Well you see, Nintendo fans naturally make Sony fans seethe by doing nothing they're sort of like their kryptonite.
Anyways they just sit there doing next to nothing while everyone else breaks down around them.

>Kushala
>forgettable
>boring
Hahaha, no, Kushala is great at several degrees, it's weapons are great, it's armor is great, it's theme is great, it's design is excellent, it's gimmick is annoying as fuck but cool, is strong and challenging, is a motherfucking dragon made out of fucking metal that controls the wind how isn't that cool and memorable?

Verticality in 4th gen was pretty annoying but the way it’s done in World I don’t mind so much.

I hated every map the game offered me. Except for Frozen Seaway I'd rather fight Daora in the Ancient Forest than anything in any of them.

>Legit I don't get what the problem is with verticality or tall platforms
Honestly it was only ever a problem in World. There's just way too much of it now not to mention you automatically grab walls now.

Velkhana is a dragon made out of weird bird stuff that controls ice so it's factually cooler than Kushala.

>it's design is excellent
Gotta agree with you on that part.

Attached: 1564729349232m.jpg (918x1024, 160K)

Kushala, I believe, is pretty boring as well. I think World totally makes the fight way worse though. The ones in previous games are at least tolerable.
>Velkhana's gear is looking pretty neat.
Agreed. Only positive about this monster.

I dunno, we haven't actually seen the fight yet.

but its Nintendo fans who are reporting posts

Birds fucking suck dude.

I didn't need to see that...

Did I miss something? Why are people talking about Velkhana like they know so much about it? Did they finally show gameplay or something?

I dont even have friends (and WiiU) to do multiplayer in 3U
have always been a lonehunter since FU for obvious reason, and social anxiety prevented me from hunting with others in 4U and World

Attached: 0100A003-7640-4D2D-AC47-C98238807B33.png (640x480, 372K)

i have
its not hard, its just annoying

people will always defend the things they started the series with.

Attached: kids-play-2ds-in-car.jpg (607x404, 47K)

I'm basing my opinion off the design alone, which is absolutely dull as fuck. I can't possibly imagine them making the fight super interesting. I'm sure they'll do what they did with Kushala where he goes airborne every two seconds to make it seem like the fight is difficult.

No, it just looks fucking boring when compared to both ED and Flagships.

I still love the game. I just would've liked to hunt with others as well now and then.

Attached: 1557733968984.jpg (622x420, 18K)

No. Apparently it's that time of the day right now.

Mounting was never bad in 4U. I think it's way too easy in World though.
Vertical maps in general make fights more interesting and they've already shown that. World needs to learn how to do it correctly first, though.

>except for Fronzen Seaway
>when it has that fucking slopped arena where Daora just love to run up and down
I would even take Dune’s area 1 over that

Attached: B0C32653-C840-45A5-8B4B-D64C5B2D3235.jpg (680x427, 29K)

they already said that they intend to gate hr gear at some point in mr
starting mr gear is still going to be shittier on account of not having any good skills but hr gear won't be able to catch up eventually because of level 4 deco slots and the fact that level 1 mr gear already has around +20 def more than fully upgraded hr gear

Why is it so difficult to assume that a design as boring as Velkhana is going to have a boring-ass fight to match?

Attached: huh....jpg (510x346, 27K)

>mounting was never bad in 4U
That's a good fucking joke you stupid fucking frog. Je suis monté

It's just a dumb shitposter.

Having some unpleasantness puts it above the others which I found entirely so.

From the tiny bits of footages from the trailer, Velk fights like Airmode Alatreon, even has that triple icicles attack
But to be fair, airmode Ala is basically Daora

user, you just gotta try and get your feet wet. Start by just playing the game and pretending they're just cats with weapons. Go on 4U, make a lobby, post the quest and enjoy. You don't have to say anything in the chat until you feel comfortable.

It's even easier in World as SOS's are pretty braindead, but Kulve Taroth would require you to go to the guild hall. Just join and hunt. The sad thing is that no one ever interacts with each other anymore.

I'm gonna reiterate that first part. Just pretend they're just cats with weapons.

literally what happened

Attached: mh_history.png (2404x1260, 2.82M)

>everyone that hates Velkhana ultimately ends up loving ADHD shit like Valfalk and Ahtal-Ka

Which proves the point. They aren't making posts that need to be reported or attacking people, they're just talking about MH and iceborne like normal people

MH's true essence, dumb anime shit and Metroid crossovers. Meanwhile let's pretend those two aren't straight out of Frontier.

>I think it's way too easy in World though.
Tell me about it, the finishers you get at the end as well are a bit too OP.

So is Velkana just a worse Alatreon? I really don't feel inclined to fight it as I have that "been there, done that" feeling. The same goes with Ebony Odogaron being (not)Stygian Zinogre and Fulgur Anjanath being thunder monster with charge gimmick #6.

>posts need to be reported
Can someone explain this mentality with Nintendo fans?

I really liked sunken hollow, that big drop right before where you usually fight tetsucabra was my favorite part of the map. I know that cliff in heavens mount with the remobras at the top can be a little frustrating when they knock you down. But I dont mind climbing cliffs when you jump spam up. Movement was actually really quick in that game.

Frozen seaway was good I agree, though I think most maps were pretty fine. I didnt like all those small cave loading zones in the dunes, it would be cool if world had included that map with a second layer for the sand pit instead of the one we got, I like the semi tropical sections.

The vines and small spaces in world are kind of like useless hallways that are just obstacles. If smaller monsters could use them somehow it would be okay. But theyre no good for fighting on.

Not really. Well not here at least.

I really fucking dislike world's maps more than any other map of any other MH game, I rather fight two monsters at the same time in the fucking old jungle while naked and using a HBG without ammo rather than this fucking stupid ass maps Jesus Christ I fucking hate them with burning passion, I hate them so much I can barely believe how much I fucking hate them, specially Ancient Forest what a fucking awful place I want to see it burn.

Attached: 1473476792900.jpg (1024x589, 37K)

Just afraid of fucking shits up, tb h, even tho the many years of lonehunting certainly makes me at least decent
I’ll try to do it once IB hits. Thanks user

Attached: EC392C2F-BC27-4FB5-82C8-7C7FA2295034.png (440x440, 197K)

We don't fucking know anything about the fight Jesus Christ
Except that it has ice walls and a phase where it coats itself in ice armor to form the DMC5 logo

What's to explain?

In hus defense, mounting is terribly worded in the french translation of 4U. They don't make it clear that you have to secure your hold on the monster, so most people probably percieved it as "Mount and mash attack as fast as possible and hope it'll do the trick."
There's an actual reason an entire population got it wrong.

Attached: 20180309_003635.jpg (297x313, 55K)

You will never be able to fuck shit up more than some of the dummies running around no matter the game.

>Used to craft weapons powerful enough to take over the Monster Hunter World:Iceborne

That wasn't a post about positives shitbrain

Man, is World anime or not with you guys? You people say World is anime but then complain about old fun anime crossover stuff and then proceed to defend whatever "anime" thing is new and introduced in World.
People complained about how gen had the stupidest monster with a blade for a tail, but then they love him when he gets into World

There is nothing wrong with a braindead weapon if it's outclassed by damn near everything

Behemoth is fucking pathetic with a ranged weapon, even more than other monsters

I'm just shitposting RN as the thread is done for anyway.

>Garuga is in
What?

Attached: 1445826480482.png (312x312, 72K)

Lance Counterclaw has built-in superarmor when triggering the latch,
It's probably going to be the best "heavy attack" wounder in IB

Attached: 1513256650492.png (400x390, 170K)

Wow it's awful

Misty Peak is still the Apex of monhan map, fite me
>atmospheric and comfy
>expansive and varied in themes
>almost all of the bestest monsters can be fight there, esp Narga and Zin

Attached: ECB4FA05-00D9-4F85-A0F7-C01AAFBCBB1D.jpg (960x540, 325K)

>people that don't like boring ice dragon like crazy shit
why is that suprising?

Why was he in the poster again, he's not a flagship

Long story short; mysterious purple materials on a poison LS, one of which is a purple beak.

I think it's because of a branching Rath weapon people have been speculating?

I didn't say shit about Glav or anime. I said the people that hate Velkhana and call her boring are also the same people that love retarded shit like egyptian mantis that makes a rock metal gear dragon.
Dumbasses that don't even know what fucking boring is when Lao Shan Lung, Gravios, and Shen Gaoren fucking exist.

Sometimes MH pretends to have lore.

Design wise it's an atrocity, fight wise we'll see

>People complained about how gen had the stupidest monster with a blade for a tail, but then they love him when he gets into World
You've now just realised that the people who said that love those monsters but only hated them because they hate Nintendo. They're unable to separate games and platforms.

and they love it even more when said monster went full Nippon Glorious Steel folded mirrion times
Well, i love it too

Players at a press event noticed on the LS weapon tree that there’s a new branch of poison LSs that requires a bunch of purple Bird Wyvern materials to make. Yian Garuga is the only monster who fits the bill for that unless it’s a brand new monster, so it’s 50/50 on whether it’s him or something new at the moment.

Because he's the original Elder Dragon before Elder Dragons were even a classification. The ED category didn't even exist in MonHun until Dos when Kushala, Lunastra, Teostra, and Chameleos were introduced.

in the trash*

Apparently it can freeze you in place and explode
So, it's a literal Frontier monster

>I said the people that hate Velkhana and call her boring are also the same people that love retarded shit like egyptian mantis that makes a rock metal gear dragon.
The fuck are you talking about?

Gyoceros confirmed. Now where's black gravios?

So what was he classified as, "???"

Steve will never get in

No steve in world, no steve in smash

no steves anywhere

any steves reading this go die.

Nobody who complained about Glavenus had an iq above 40

You want atrocities in design? Here's one. MH always prides itself on being at least SLIGHTLY reasonable with its monsters, they largely (sans very few exceptions, which are fucking stupid) make sense or are based on something that occurs in nature.
But no, then we get one of the worst things in the entire franchise because Frontier did well at some point I guess? This entire monster just doesn't make sense but hey it's cool and awesome amirite xD lmao MH was so much better during 4 and G times

Attached: valstrax1.png (988x851, 878K)

High IQ prediction: Valstrax is going to be the only flagship who will be kept exclusive to portable titles. He will never appear in a World style game.

Attached: MHGU-Valstrax_Artwork_002.jpg (1200x1200, 254K)

As long as you don't cart and pop lifepowders to help other people, you'll do fine. Oh, and bring partbreaker too. People love that skill now because parts are so hard to break in multiplayer hunts now.

But.....do be careful with other players if you plan to spam long sword spirit slash, charge blade SAEDs, or bow in general. If you use any of these weapons, consider hitting low traffic areas like the tail.

t. Rathalos

>MH always prides itself on being at least SLIGHTLY reasonable with its monsters, they largely make sense or are based on something that occurs in nature.
No it hasn't.

Good riddance.

Low IQ opinion: I agree with you.

Wasn't there a bone IG in the sauna trailer which had suspicious golden scales, i'm guessing it might be him

I don't remember if the text was ??? but Fatalis is the origin of the ? icon. You fought him at the end of the Online quests in MH1. At the end of G you fought Crimson Fatalis. At the end of Dos online you fought White Fatalis on the tower.

Yes, totally. Most things that aren't lul it's magic elders actually work based on concepts that actually exist.

Attached: MH4-Kushala_Daora_Render_001.png (1067x922, 722K)

Windbending exists?

I always felt like Kushala is just two designs whacked together. Somehow he just looks kinda goofy.

Attached: 129049014.png (1464x1019, 2.01M)

Im actually seething right now

Attached: triplecart_ft_me.png (1920x1080, 3.22M)

Is still hella cool.

>Most things that aren't lul it's magic elders
>how do I read lol
>mfw I'm wasting time on the kind of ADHD babby like you that's exactly the kind of person who'd like dumb anime shit

Attached: 3019 palico.jpg (800x450, 117K)

Higher IQ prediction: that’s fucking stupid because all games will be based on World’s assets and mechanics going forward. Besides, being a flagship he’s quite popular and keeping him portable exclusive (if portable games even continue) for some arbitrary reason has no benefit for Capcom.

Except that the game went out of its way to give an explanation for its powers. It requires a shitload of energy and oxygen, so it travels the globe for food while adapting to take in significantly more air through its chest.

It's also based off the fastest animal in the world, the peregrine falcon, in its flight pattern and facial design.

Dumb fat Shilleka poster.

You know what's funny? Valstrax would've just been a normal dragon if not for the wings. Take the wings off and replace them regular ones and he would completely fine by your boring standards. Also the constant comparison with him and Frontier is completely disingenuous. Frontier monsters are for the most part too overdesigned, with the fantastical over the top aspects being their rediculous AoE attacks. Val however isn't, he has a sleek aerodynamic design for a monster capable of extreme flight speed, and the color being a singular grey/silver.

Everything about Kushala
Everything about Fatalis, his neck could never support his big fucking head in real life, like 90% of the monsters his wings are also too small for him to fly
Everything about Teostra
Everything about Yama Tsukami
Everything about Lao, a carnivore that big cannot exist
Everything about Rathalos because his entire anatomy is retarded and makes no sense for a flying animal, also he breathes fire
Chameleos also turns fucking invisible

And why doesn't he just burst apart when he lands, then
Also there's literally no way reversable wings would ever occure naturally.

Before thread is completely over,
>what monster did you have the most fun with across the series?

Attached: 1560435701542.jpg (640x640, 123K)

>he's quite popular
With who? He's not even top 20 anymore according to both the Famitsu and Dengeki polls.

I know, these kids don't understand that MH is a series grounded in realism

Attached: Squid.jpg (1099x1002, 275K)

You retards, MH has always been about dumb anime stuff and wacky shit, now that I said the absolute truth I sleep, good night.

Elder dragons are made up of magic

>based on concepts that actually exist.
Again, no. In fact most wyverns in general couldn't exist in nature.

I just like all Shilleka images

Whoa whoa whoa
To be fair
Yama Tsukami is literally just a giant fucking balloon that stops floating when he exhales.

This.

Why doesn't Teostra's blood boil him alive?
How does any monster in this game fly with cumbersome gigantic tails and pathetically small wings?

Gore

He's in

Attached: lagombi.png (318x399, 209K)

Zinogre
Imagine if he was one of the potential free update monsters Capcom's going to add.

Chaotic Gore

You know perfectly well that it's an explanation that makes no sense and would never make something that heavy float

Nerg has big wings

its body is made out of monsterhunterarium alloy the strongest ever material and its paws are made out of sponge so it lands safely

Which has the better thigh game?

Attached: Rathain presents herself to the alpha hunter.png (311x298, 90K)

>Also there's literally no way reversable wings would ever occure naturally.
You'd be surprised.

Fuck you Steve, you dumb pinecone faggot, leave my wife alone

Zin and Brachy
They feel fair as fuck, and the fight capture the feeling of “dancing with danger” extremely well

Ivory Lagiacrus

NO! Monster hunter has always been about max realism
That is why the posterboy is a fire breathing red dragon with flame patterns on his wings

I'd say the Magalas but fighting Glavenus with Brave LS is just peak monhun for me.

Apparently they're extinct or somethng, it's the excuse they used as to why they never brought it back

Depends on wether you prefer males or females I guess

For you
But even then Nerg is too heavy to do any of the shit he does

If I had to guess, it might be based on the Osprey plane with how it can turn its rotors. I'm just spitballing here, but the inspiration is there.

Hummingbirds can also turn their wings upside down. You'd be surprised by how much of this series draws inspiration from things that really do occur in nature.

>Apparently they're extinct or somethng
Where'd you hear that?

Most flapping bird’s wings, esp falcon/hawk can flip by 180 degree
Hell, our forearm can do that too. 270 degree, even

Heard it around, it was supposedly mentioned in one of the bajillion artbooks
But then again it could be bullshit

Did you just call Nerg fat

>Also there's literally no way reversable wings would ever occure naturally.
Almost every bird can turn their wings 180 degrees.

Valstrax is peak monster hunter, and it's a fucking stance character of all things.

It only doesn't make sense if you actually start getting into elemental physics. He would need to subsist on helium or hydrogen, be able to internally regulate heat in a manner that created lift, and be able to manipulate his density for balance.
The design though? It's still plausible. In 2G his body is mostly hollow and is capable of expansion. When he breathes in he floats higher, and when he exhales he comes down. He's not a solid rock mountain.
Stuff like Yama Tsukami have been speculated to exist on alien planets as life forms by biologists for years now on planets where air is more dense.

Gore and Nerg.

>jet dragon ends up being one of the more believable monsters because of its top tier design and lore

Is there anything based Valstrax can't do?

We Frontier now

Be in Iceborne

Your wife is fat! Fat!

Attached: 1520122629.kaitonomsx_2_nergigante_fat.jpg (1280x853, 294K)

She looks pregnant though.

It's possible he converts water to hyrdrogen using odd biological processes

Why does Nergigante have fucking paws

The Virgingante vs The Chadstrax

mean : (

doesn't change that it's ugly as shit

World isn't the problem. The problem is people who start with World. They are the cancer for all the consoles war shitposting.

Trailer?

Same reason a Bear has it.

They did say 3rd or 4th after all so I don't expect it today

They twist at the wrists. His wings are literally just big hands - which is the case for bird and bat wings irl, anyway. They have a bigger range of motion because there's no membrane running from the pinky to the hip to restrict it, which is why he can get away with turning his wings around to hit you, but that's a perfectly plausible motion to make anatomically.

>Valstrax
>ugly

To be fair, 240p doesn't do him justice. Glavenus had the same problem.

Attached: Barioth CB.webm (850x736, 2.91M)

It's definitely plausible on a planet with an atmosphere that has a much higher air density. That would trap the elements needed for something like Yama Tsukami to filter things like oxygen, nitrogen, helium, hydrogen, etc. to create his ability to float and fly. On a planet like that though most lifeforms would probably be either birdlike or like flying jellyfish.
Not outside the realm of scientific plausibility, just not possible on Earth.

I think he's not colourful enough to work well in handheld mode. He looks okay in docked mode on Switch. Still not great but alright.

MHW PC room 3pseat
tpAsWvNFzYGZ

Doing dailies and whatnot.

Attached: 1401139763895.jpg (500x667, 42K)

That doesn't explain the shitposting from E3 2017 to December 2017. In fact that was prime "ACTUALLY IT WON'T SELL A TON" posting.

I just assume Fatalis because of how hard Capcom has been jerking him off. He’s getting his first ever official merch to feature him, he’s the face of the 15th anniversary, if he isn’t in base Iceborne, he will be in a DLC update coming soon I’d bet money on it.

愚かさハンター、愚かさ

Attached: Glavenus.png (1920x1080, 2.05M)

>mfw everyone keeps wanting dragons and shit

What the fuck happened to the huge spiders? The monkeys? The crabs? We even had an awesome owl! MHW has an underwhelming monster roster.

Attached: gfdg.png (500x762, 486K)

The problem is just people being mad their hobby is being "taken away"

Attached: ryozo.png (483x582, 421K)

Spiders, crabs and monkeys have huge gay desu

Ryozo the faggot doesn't want to work on new skeletons, we just accepted this

We've given up on those skeletons until World 2 as the devs have proven to be lazy as shit. We'll get Rajang in a really shitty Odogaron skeleton at best.

>It's elemental
God fucking damn it shit fuck

Actually it does. The people who began with World didn't understand why we all thought it wouldn't sell thinking it was entirely malicious when the reality was that we were basing it on the previous console MH games and their relatively poor performance compared to the handheld versions.

Fuck it, i'll bite

Nice historical revisionism. Right up there with "ACTUALLY IT ISN'T MONSTER HUNTER 5. THAT'S THE SWITCH GAME."

user, Barioth's Swaxe has always been element phial. It's only natural this one matches up AS LONG AS WE GET KUSH'S CHARGE BLADE HOLY FUCKING SHIT WHY ISN'T IT IN VANILLA WORLD

You also sound like someone who's never touched a truly great element phial CB. Go play GU and make Valstrax's CB. It's one of the best in the entire game.

>crabs
You mean the ones that only existed in second gen and only ever got recolors of the same two without a single new monster introduced into its family? Cooked.
>Monkeys
In the hot springs.
>Huge Spiders
Too specialized with a rig that can't be used for anything but spiders and cost more to make than any other monster in the franchise.
>Owl
That was just on an altered flying wyvern skeleton.

Case in point.
You're taking everything as malicious or fake just because the truth upsets your narrative.

Because its not at its final form at the end of the tree?
Every monster weapon is getting unique model treatment at their last rarity.

You're deflecting because the truth upsets your narrative. It's a fact that every thread after E3 was spammed with shit like it won't sell, it's a QTE simulator, it's not MonHun5 the devs are lying, etc.

Tell me, what in god's name does the weapon's design have to do with its phial type? It's not going to suddenly turn into an impact phial unless it branches off into Sand Barioth.

Nigga i was referring to your spoiler.

Preeeeeeetty sure Kush's CB isn't even in the game. There's no shitty Kush weapon either. I could be wrong, as I am half asleep and too lazy to check.

>You mean the ones that only existed in second gen and only ever got recolors of the same two without a single new monster introduced into its family

Reminds me of another famous set of monsters with recolors. Huh.

>Crabs

Unique designs. Not recycled dragons.

>Monkeys

Unique. Not recycled dragons. We even got a rad spider monkey and a recolor of it.

>Huge spiders

Very unique. Gonna go ahead and throw bug monsters in general out there since Seltas and Seltas Queen are more worthy of a spot in MHW than most of the new monsters it introduced.

>Owl

Very unique. Fantastic design too.

MHW is lazy. It was lazy at launch too.

Disregard everything it actually is in world. It's just that the weapon is so bad this time around everyone forgot it even existed.

Attached: 1555289966634.png (360x360, 5K)

>Every monster weapon is getting unique model treatment at their last rarity.
Bullshit. All rarity 12 and some rarity 11 weapons look unique. That's about it.

>unique
And how many of those are actually fun to fight?

>Frontier monsters are for the most part too overdesigned, with the fantastical over the top aspects being their ridiculous AoE attacks.
Case in point: Nerg Sue.

Attached: frontier aoe.webm (1280x720, 1.53M)

trying too hard

I mean you can ignore what was said. That's fine. Doesn't change anything.
Devs have straight up said that insects cost too much money to animate and are far too specialized. Seeing as the incest skeletons were originally based on the crab skeleton it probably goes for the crabs too which is why herm and cen have been the only crabs in mainline since second gen.
You can call it lazy if you want, but World also added more Fanged Wyverns which, before World, only had Zinogre in the category.

Why does that matter? Unique designs and concepts and good looking, interesting animations are more important.

Seething DeviantArtist. Your OC Donutsteel should have died along with the other Frontier abominations.

They're all fun to fight. I'd say it's more enjoyable to fight those monsters than some of the newcomers in MHW.

>incest skeletons
Kinky.

You know, pulling a no you isn't exactly helping. Not to mention none of those posts exist as you claim, with exception to a few clear falseflagging wojak posts they were all just talking using previous sales as examples. That "I don't think about you at all" image you most likely have even proves that.

World just has fucked hitboxes.

All of them?

You know, saying everything is a false flagger when it proves you wrong isn't exactly helping. You're essentially admitting the posts exists but are deflecting and trying to say they aren't real. But, go ahead, live in your delusion box.

>3DS games
>Horrible graphics
Considering they're 3DS games the graphics are fucking fantastic.

Attached: RedIllegalHornet-size_restricted.gif (500x281, 3.68M)

That's actually Nerg Sue in general. A Frontier monster doing Frontier things is formality for them.

Attached: 1564822226891.webm (660x371, 2.82M)

So you genuinely think that monsters like Kecha Wacha, Nerscylla or Seltas Queen are remembered because they're such amazing fights, and not just for their designs and gimmicks?
MH4 monsters are literally all just glorified tech demos.

Seltas Queen is a cool concept with a bad execution. Its moveset is basically Diablos' with a laser instead of digging.

>cherrypicks examples with a non viable weapon to try and make a point
Any other weapon would be easily able to avoid the slam.

>listfag is back
>doesn't even bother coming up with a new name for nerg
lol

not only that but the retard rolled into the slam instead of to the right, which basically has 100% chance of evading it without any evasion skills

Seltas Queen is fine. The fuck are you on?

What amazing fight is so superior to them? Bet you I can reduce all of them to gimmicks or boredom.

>saying everything
Not that anyone did. It would do you some good to actually learn how to read user.

MHW is still uglier than MH4

Attached: glavenus comparison.jpg (1450x408, 582K)

>and not just for their designs and gimmicks?
The gimmicks being the thing that makes them fun.

Gimmicks' appeal lies solely in novelty that wears off after the first encounter.
Probably also why MH4 introduced almost nothing but early game trash you fight once and then never see again.

Not to mention he's still using those same mh4u bait images.

I didn't say it's not fine, I said it's basically a Diablos with a few different moves. Most of the time is spent rushing, out of 4's new monsters it's the most unoriginal/boring to fight.

So what? There's nothing wrong with that.

That'd be Ceadeus who manages to be a shit fight that wastes your time and literally has such bloated hp it's expected you'll time out and have to re enter and slap his dick underwater for another 20 minutes.

Nerscylla fight is full of soul, what are you on? The fight is amazing precisely because she feel like actual spider, with feint, jump, webslinging etc

>Not to mention none of those posts exist as you claim, with exception to a few clear falseflagging wojak posts they were all just talking using previous sales as examples.
Let's break this down.
See, you're saying the posts don't exist, then immediately say if they do exist it's a falseflagger, then say the posts actually do exist but they were just "talking."
Maybe you should learn how to use the English language instead of saying people don't know how to read.

when's the new trailer, capcom

Attached: star fox zero.gif (320x213, 1.3M)

Not every fight needs to be some ultra high difficulty, high skill affair. It's fine to have some easy gimmick monsters for variety's sake.

>Gimmicks' appeal lies solely in novelty that wears off after the first encounter.
Uh no, that's what sets it apart from other monsters making it a unique, interesting and generally fun fight. It's why some of the early mhw monsters were so dull in that regard, they lacked gimmicks that set them apart from their previous gen counterparts like Pukei and Gypceros.

I wish they'd bring Yian Kut-Ku back.
Something about that guy always made it great fun to smash his face in.

>the fight is amazing because she spends most of the fight jumping and running away from you or dangling from the ceiling
Do you, by any chance, also love Cephadrome?

What's the usual time for them to post a trailer?

August 8th at 2AM EDT

>I said it's basically a Diablos with a few different moves
You know it doesn't share moves with Diablos at all, right?

There's no usual time. They upload whenever the fuck they feel like.

I guess

Attached: gamescom.png (729x259, 434K)

Interesting and fun fights come from well designed movesets that keep the players on their toes. Those monsters are all boring pushovers, they just have gimmicks that do nothing other than waste your time.

After that slam attack he explodes with spikes. You have to dodge twice.

sounds like you dislike fun

I thought G just meant Guild or something. Its not a big deal to me on the name change though as long as we have, in effect, G rank.

Hell no, how did you get to that conclusion
And Scylla is extremely aggressive mate. Or are you just so bad you cant deal with it circling you and striking from blindspots?
>ceiling
You can still attack her when she jump on that vine “ceiling” with any melee weapon. Hell its the best window

This, why do people even think we're getting 2 trailers this month? They've never done that before.

>you're saying the posts don't exist,
This is why I told you to learn how to read. I'm saying those posts existed but you interpreted them negatively despite the fact they weren't of course with exception to those handful of obvious "oh no bros" all caps wojak posts.

Really user, you're going to berate people on their English ability when you can't even comprehend it.

because fuck you that's why

>Interesting and fun fights come from well designed movesets that keep the players on their toes.
Ah, so you're one of those autists who doesn't understand that fun can come from things other than challenge.

imagine being this deluded
remember, play it tactical

>Interesting and fun fights come from well designed movesets that keep the players on their toes.
Which in most if not all cases is derived from a monster's unique gimmick. Otherwise they're very predictable and safe like the Raths for instance.

>And Scylla is extremely aggressive mate.
If you can call spending half the fight circle strafing and doing jump back web shots aggressive, sure. The fucking thing has like 3 attacks in total that actually matter. Absolute garbage fight.

What does Seltas do other than charging 90% of the time? Their biggest behaviour differences are that one digs and the other shoots water beams.

>remember, play it tactical
Which you certainly aren't doing given everyone has caught on to what you're doing.

Which monsters (aside from the universally accepted as “fun” flagships) you like user?

>non-viable
Wow MH has a meta now in which is viable and which is not? I remember that you can absolutely hunt any monster with any weapon pre-world. Sure it takes longer, but it was doable

why don't you explain to me what you think I'm doing, I could use a good laugh

I don't think you understand what they meant by ridiculous AoE attacks in MHF.

youtu.be/_iFVDD1K2Y8?t=107

This is the barest sample. There's so much more over the top bullshit in that game.

To be honest a lot of the MH games have a wonky hitbox somewhere in them. Plesioth is probably just the most infamous for it.

Yeah yeah, say that to G Scylla

Chaos Gore, Zinogre, and At Nergigante.

Point still stands. Nergisue is a Frontier import like Lavasioth. Period.

>unironically comparing world to FU
off yourself, also they are retards for even bothering with XX and not leaving the boat earlier

Yeah I do agree the hitboxes are fucky, Its why I use weapons with shields or hyper armour. That webm wasn't an example of bad hitboxes

Congratulations. You've proven my point. Anything that doesn't fit your narrative is a falseflagger.
It's funny too because the most famous ACTUALLY post doesn't have a wojack at all.

Actually easier than the regular one because at that point you're doing enough damage to triplock it, and they add that dumb fucking waddle to the shear attack that makes it even easier to avoid.

>huh, its just a more roar-happy tigrex
>1:30
>4:30
Jesus

Nergi does not do a fucking spirit bomb or lightning beam or shit out five hundred explosions as he performs a fucking flourish. His thorn explosion dive is horseshit though. What monster from MHF is Negi copying? I'm asking this as someone that fucking hates that monster.

Just bowgun chain-stun him like always bro

>415 replies
>72 unique IP's
Fucking pathetic

Apex Jho/Rajang
White Monoblos
Shagaru
Terra Shogun Ceanataur
Tigerstripe Zamtrios
Teostra
Just a few favorites.

average listfag thread

>Listfag not even trying to hide the fact that it's him with Nergisue shit and calling Nerg a Frontier monster
>Everybody replying anyway

Attached: ShibaDrillBreaker.jpg (552x368, 15K)

Did you forget the part in every turf war, Nergigante uses this special mechanic exclusive to World called Elderseal to shut down Teostra's supernova and no-sell Kushala's wind?

Because he's right and Worldbabs can't stand it.

Attached: 71576014_p15.jpg (1497x1250, 458K)

>What does Seltas do other than charging 90% of the time?
Combine with Seltas giving her an immunity to pitfalls
Call another if the current one dies
Fly and drop
Stab with her tail in three different ways
Spray pheromones which afflicts hunters with Soiled

The boogeyman you're referring to are series vets with 1000+ hours into the franchise.

What a fucking tryhard.
You're the MH equivalent of Yea Forums.

it's too late, cuteposter
it was always too late

Did you really just reply to the same post twice?
And listfag does post a lot of crying Nintendo wojaks.

>White Monoblos
WHYY

Yeah. He's an asshole who hunts and eats elder dragons. That's his gimmick.

The sad part is that you're right.

Attached: 50756245_p23.jpg (1234x811, 363K)

>Combine with Seltas giving her an immunity to pitfalls
Not very unique
>Call another if the current one dies
Oh man, respawns, how revolutionary
>Fly and drop
Gravios did this already
>Stab with her tail in three different ways
The only unique thing she ever did and now Glavenus does it better
>Spray pheromones which afflicts hunters with Soiled
Hardly anything new, Gravios, Basarios, Uragaan and Gigginox already sprayed shit around them.

Honestly 4fags are just mad at Nerg being able to eat old elder dragons while Gore destroying an entire ecosystem by existing is perfectly fine because 4 was their first MH

holy shit my sides
save cutes for the next thread

I just think it's the most fun -blos.

Now this is goalpost moving

I know It'll sound like I'm moving the goalpost, but none of those moves affect the fight in a meaningful way.

They both have their unique attacks, but most of the time will be spent dodging charges. Compared to the other newcomers, and even more so considering it's a mid-late fight, Seltas Queen is really unoriginal and lackluster.

Why are you arguing with yourself?

It's never too late.

Attached: 72408258_p8.jpg (1200x1013, 338K)

I wish I knew

>I know It'll sound like I'm moving the goalpost
Not really, if anything it just makes you look like an idiot given those are fairly common moves even compared to charges.

I'm not even the guy you were talking to, I'm just pointing out that Seltas Queen's moveset is some dull shit.
At least the subspecies can shoot Seltas at you.

it's too late for me, I spent all night grinding gil in XI and I have to wake up in two hours

>destroying an ecosystem
Frenzied monsters can overcome the virus and achieve Apex mode, so not every monster dies to the Frenzy. This is consistent with the gameplay where hunters can do the same.

Are the times of comfy MH threads already over again?

Attached: 1478951852050.gif (400x267, 152K)

>Very war-like in nature, Yian Garuga are a monster that is best avoided. Yian Garuga are very solitary creatures though, they have rarely been seen in groups possibly during a mating season, the groups consisting of more than two have been seen on islands. After mating, a female will sometimes seek out a Yian Kut-Ku nest, destroy the eggs, and then lay its own eggs in the nest for the oblivious Kut-Ku to raise and care for. This shows that a female Garuga can be a Brood Parasite like a real-world cuckoo bird. Yian Garuga perform this behavior due to their poor parental behavior.

Attached: bhv.jpg (1024x576, 90K)

MH is popular now. It's over, user.

Monsters don't have to die for the normal ecosystem to be destroyed user

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

ICEBORNE IS LOOKING _TOO_ PERFECT!
Help me brehs, the month long wait is killing me, I have to play the best Grank game of all time ASAP.

Attached: 1534774998746.gif (296x338, 250K)

>Frenzied monsters can overcome the virus and achieve Apex mode
Which is supposed to be incredibly rare.

they've been over since world's announcement
ircanon can't make the mods stop listfag forever

Listfag is unbanned so yes

No, this one thread is just filled with idiots who keep taking the bait, apparently

Wait until we've actually seen the whole roster before you get hyped. The monster lineup could still end up being disappointing.

Go get some sleep user.
and maybe i should head out too, it's 5:30am here already

Attached: 65257897_p20.jpg (2046x1459, 1014K)

Nah, stay up for another 30 minutes.

Just as common as Diablos' tail swipes, various digs, horn thrusts and so on. I never said they only had charge attacks, I said their main offensive is charging and, in the context of MH4, Seltas Queen is disappointing.

If you prefer, I can restrict it even further saying that only hits you'll ever have to look out for are charges and digs/water beams because the others do not do enough damage/are slow enough to dodge without looking. Sounds better?

Could end right here + the endgame monster and I'd still consider it the best Grank of all time, so anything new (aside from Zinogre wish I know for a fact is in) is merely a cherry on top.

What matters the most for me is that on top of MHW already having by faaaar the best weapon movesets, Iceborne is improving so much on top of that already godly base. Especially HH, IG, SA, CB for me

I just hope they unfuck CB and change the playstyle from unga SAED to something more like 4u

>GL gets a buff
>IT'S A GUARD POINT WOW
>for the wyrmstake reload and maybe wyrmstake placement animation
Fuck you Capcom

Thank god i don't have any important shit for today.

Attached: 69152535_p19.jpg (1490x1382, 337K)

weapon movesets don't matter if there's nothing fun to use them on.

Attached: thumko.png (119x119, 10K)

They already said they wanted to make the endgame much more vast though because they know everyone got bored of hunting the same EDs over and over.

Not him but unless you're always far away it'll almost never charge. Usually it goes for one of three tail attacks, firing water, hip checks, dropping or stink.

does power guard have natural guard up?
if no then what's the point of power guarding?

>I said their main offensive is charging
Which it is, unless you main a long range weapon for obvious reasons.

I think IB is adding that?

So uh how about that trailer Capcom?

Guards multiple hits, no stagger even without Guard skills, does not require paying attention.

When will they release renders of the three new subspecies?

Attached: 1564812524235.jpg (1628x2920, 466K)

it doesn't, power guard is like a 360 degree guard +5 against knockbacks and you take chip damage like you have no guard skill
unblockables still fuck your shit in

You can counter in whatever direction you like with it

the game as a whole is more fun, the hunts included, so I'm not sure what the complaint is.
Recently I played through 4U again and was bored to tears with the super simple movesets that lack the extra 20% spice World adds, just as I liked GL before P3rd but after its move changes in that game I could never go back to the old one without ground pound, full burst, quick reload, etc.

Monster AI and movement is also improved, it being "easy" (despite World being the hardest HR and counterpoints to it being merely nostalgia) isn't a factor as difficulty comes with time, as long as the core fundamentals are this good everything else can easily change around them.
There's also the "little" things that make it better, like gathering not taking up 10 seconds per node which ruins pacing, there actually being worldbuilding, story and cutscenes in HR (HR games only had LR story IIRC with HR being limited to Hall, then HR story is only added in the Grank game, with Grank being limited to Hall) and same for Iceborne, being the first to add story/worldbuilding/progression in the Grank segment. Also Village and Guild quests being merged being the best idea of all time. I could go on and on but at this point the discussion was had and we all know the positives and negatives of either side so we can all agree to disagree.

It already released. It revealed brachy and zignore, and then a elder trailer yet to be released

Attached: k23dhvh6f1e31.jpg (1536x2048, 548K)

Can't believed they'd show Zinogre's Spanish cousin, Signore

>despite World being the hardest HR and counterpoints to it being merely nostalgia

Attached: 40B7FA79-4A31-49F0-9541-BADE33A4DB96.gif (350x249, 652K)

>Also Village and Guild quests being merged being the best idea of all time
Fuck no it isn't. Village quests are far too easy, soloing hub quests was the only fun part of MH.

youtu.be/59Bycr2fup0

New shit

Attached: artworks-000230163085-9t2z20-t500x500.jpg (500x500, 47K)

>there actually being worldbuilding, story and cutscenes in HR (HR games only had LR story IIRC with HR being limited to Hall, then HR story is only added in the Grank game, with Grank being limited to Hall) and same for Iceborne, being the first to add story/worldbuilding/progression in the Grank segment
4/4U already did all of these better.

Dude trust me, and your favorite monster is in too

Hol up cute anime girl, is that what I think it is

Attached: nani1.png (627x161, 236K)

>it's just screenshots
>moeblob avatar

Attached: 1564756923635.png (783x649, 493K)

>no footage
Get this weebshit out of here.

You started with World, right?

>Not Barioth
>Or even Glavenus
>But fucking Velkhana
It's like Capcom is asking for their HQ to get torched by an angry mob of fans.

What do you think it is?

Third beta phase with Velkhana

They did this for Nerg too, what did you expect retard

What am I supposed to be seeing here chief

Holy shit, it's literally a Frontier monster

Attached: 1564497622023.jpg (1076x1075, 649K)

Yeah, I sure do love having to go through long and painfully boring yet unskippable plot segments to get to the actual content instead of it being limited to the single player mode. Great change, Capcom!

Yes I also wanted to fight Congolala instead of Valstrax in the GU demo, fuckin Capcom at it again baka

see Says Great Jagras, Banbaro, Tigrex and then Velkhana. Like vanilla W's third beta featuring Nerg.

What's this? Ookaa-san online?

>despite World being the hardest HR
World is probably the easiest HR especially if you're going to solo. If you max out your armor monsters hit like wet noodles.

Ice bird beta in Japan

It's a demo build, but doesn't necessarily mean it will be released to the public. Although it's not like they shied away from putting flagships into the demos previously or anything.

>4u had the miracolous technology of allowing cutscenes to be seen by all 4 players at the same time
>World somehow is unable to do this except for the Roided Furfag from Final Fantasy and the Leshy

Attached: 1557077206343.jpg (1024x631, 118K)

Don't you dare to use San for your shit.

Not really, pretty much all demo that we got is actually same as public demo.
And i believe Nergi demo start as public demo in some japan con (i think it was Jump fest).

I mean technically you're right but both GU and W had a demo featuring their flagship.

In 4U, was that not only for the big fights like Dala as well?
And right at the start?
With how World with first tracking the monster and then getting the cutscene that simply does not work I guess. It would be dumb if two people are at different places of the map and when one encounters the monster the other suddenly gets teleported to the other end of the map.

Western 4U demo had Gore too, although not Seregios. I spent like 70 hours playing the demo alone before the full release.

So yeah I'd say it's at least a somewhat safe assumption that the Velkhana demo is gonna be a public beta.

It was only for big fights like Gogmazios, Dalamadur and Fatalis because they were the only online monsters to have cutscenes, all of the shitter monsters like Kut Ku had cutscenes in village only
Another reason to bring village and hub back

>Although it's not like they shied away from putting flagships into the demos previously or anything.
Yes they have, XX Switch and World were the only ones to do that shit. And XX Switch was a port, so Valstrax wasn't new at that point anymore.
Putting flagships in betas is fucking retarded.

>complete village first
>spend next 7 hours slogging through easy as shit LR and HR on Hall just to get to the new Grank content

>complete Hall first
>spend next 10 hours slogging through even easier as shit village LR and HR

>Having to chose which route to take first if you're being peer pressured while playing with friends
Bad design.

4U doesn't have village Grank. I haven't played 4 but considering HR in 4U revolves around Seregios I assume 4 didn't have HR village. Thus it's factually impossible to have it done better when it doesn't even have the content in the first place.

F2. It's just that World was so good and I got used to it so quickly that it wiped my memory on how shit parts of the series were before. I kid you not, when I was playing 4U recently, I got to the last HR village quest and thought "Where are the GR quests?" Then I suffered through Silver Rathalos and Oroshi Kirin thinking they were key quests to unlock GR, only to realise there is no such thing as common sense in old MonHun, that I had to go to the Hall and sleep through 7 hours of easy deadbrain content again just to open GR.

I like the world building even if its nothing special. Which is why 4U (or any other game for that matter) was infinitely more enjoyable than the souless X, where even the monster intros were lackluster. I'm sorry you dislike the cumulative ~hour of cutscenes per rank within your 300h+ of playtime . This is where we agree to disagree and move on.

But at the very least G rank at the end is a challenge, and not village shit that dies in 2 minutes.

Good thing you're not comparing Grank titles to World then, that would be silly haha.

>go to hub with endgame HR gear
>just do the key quests
>get to G-rank immediately
Unironically takes less time than watching all of the brain melting cutscenes and """"""""""character development""""""""" in World

>Which is why 4U (or any other game for that matter) was infinitely more enjoyable than the souless X, where even the monster intros were lackluster.
My brother

>Complete Village first
>Complete Hall first
Or just do them both concurrently like you're supposed to

Say hello to your G-rank urgent

Attached: MHWI-Beotodus_Render_001.png (2000x1248, 3.92M)

So? Iceborne G rank quests are still going to be village tier. So, way too easy. Remember how piss easy those G rank quests you'd unlock at the end of village always were? Imagine that but for all of G rank.

Attached: C64yoTCVsAAUGR-.jpg (1181x1417, 205K)

progression so far is Beotodus -> Banbaro -> Nightshade Paolumu -> Coral Pukei-Pukei -> Viper Tobi-Kadachi -> Barioth.

Which monster do you think is going to come after that? Shrieking Legiana? Narga?

Narga probably
Variants are supposed to be a big deal

Shrieking Legi is a variant. She's a tier higher than regular flagships like Narga. Probably even exclusive to the post-game.

>just do the key quests
>get to G-rank immediately
Yeah... 37 key quests, only a handful of which are actual new content, isn't quite "immediately"
This is your brain on nostalgia, sorry to say.

I do in the superior World core design, something which will be used till the end of time in this franchise, or bare minimum in the next 10 years of monhun until the next reboot.
Nothing is "supposed to" be done in any order in the old titles. If I had remembered that Grank was Hall only I'd have skipped village for sure, missing out on the fun Gore boat and everwood quests, between other small things.

>37
This is your brain on newfaggotry

Legiana and its mass emigration to the Reach is part of the story though.

Those are regular Legianas, found in the Coral Highlands previously. Shrieking is endemic to the Hinterlands.

The story can go to hell after the atrocity that was the story in MHW, hopefully they understood that and don't force you to sit through whatever they thought was a storyline a second time

Iceborne apparently has just as many cutscenes as World, still unskippable. One of the Game Informer guys said it was something like two cutscenes per quest now.

Iceborne is confirmed to have the same around of story cutscenes as World, even though it's only MR as opposed to vanilla World story spread over LR and HR.

>Nothing is "supposed to" be done in any order in the old titles
Then why are you complaining about the order? Just do things in a way that works, nobody's forcing you to play through the whole of village or the whole of guild first. Don't blame the game for your own mistakes.

Yeah that Velkhana fight thingy was from the public event Capcom are currently holding, they'll have another one tomorrow, hopefully we'll get an announcement regarding a public beta afterwards.

They're just doing it out of spite, there's no other explanation
There's no fucking way they can program another 98 hours of you slowly walking in a straight line while characters vomit worthless exposition and think "yeah, this is fine, it fits perfectly with Monster Hunter"
The storytelling was perfect in 4u, they just told you what was happening between monster hunts, why did they fucking change it

Attached: 1564702542364.jpg (890x852, 118K)

>Behemoth repel quest
>starts with a cutscene
>players can join it before the host watched the cutscene
>the 3 other players also have roles in the cutscene, just like in MH4/U
>it's skippable
There really is no other explanation.

>98 hours
World has like 20 story required missions and the rest is just filler footprint sniffing you do while upgrading your gear to unlock the next bit

>They're just doing it out of spite, there's no other explanation
They're using the whole "we worked hard on these cutscenes so we won't let you skip them" excuse.

Don't argue with listfag

So yeah, out of spite

>pc
>level 40 has taroth sword fire
>doing tempered kushala
>doesn't even have the camp at the top of the forest unlock
>haha, I got lucky with this sword I've gotten 3 already
What a piece of shit

They're like Sakurai's evil twin.

>that were universally hated when introduced

Nigger I started with Tri and I think mounting is based. It was pretty crappy in 4, but they've improved it in both games after it.

>but they've improved it in both games after it.
Well, until World. Now it's kind of broken again.

How?

How are they gonna implement Garuga in iceborne
Western faggots who started with it would probably whine like babies at "artificial difficulty" or some other stupid bullshit
I can already see the half an hour long videos explaining why Garuga is "toxic difficulty"

Attached: 1564234735770.jpg (654x556, 64K)

>replying to listfag
it's almost literally the same except you press the stick instead of holding on 90% of the time
and it actually transitions semi-smoothly rather than in a fucking fade to black screen of all things.

They should just do it. His entire gimmick is being an asshole, keep him that way. Let them cry.

Obviously IF Garuga makes into World, it's going to be reworked from ground up. The fight is horribly outdated.

Garuga is supposed to be difficult?

Ridicolously easy to achieve, finishers do a bajillion damage and monsters don't struggle like spergs anymore so you can just hold R2 and remain on the monster's back for hours while your party goes to town on it since you no longer get knocked down when people attack the mounted monster