What are the best executed narratives in vidya?

What are the best executed narratives in vidya?

Attached: hotlinesale-550x465.jpg (550x465, 97K)

Tetris

Pic related, Deus Ex and To The Moon are my favourites in terms of story and narrative.

Max payne 1 & 2

All of them. Yes, including Pyre, especially Pyre.

Attached: supergiant.jpg (1200x696, 184K)

you know, I beat that twice (each one) - and I still dont totally get it.

the first one: the janitors were fucking with the phone lines and telling people to do hits? or else what? why did they even listen to the phone calls?

and

part 2, I dont even know. people were imitating the events of the first one? for what?

tl;dr the colonel gets a promotion, when he returns stateside he sets up a group that fights against the russians moving to the US due to peace treaty between the two because he sees it as a con, eventually leads to russians saying enough and nuking the US

Undertale

thats, part 1?

Dark Souls.

Fuck you Yea Forums, Dark Souls has a great story. I hate that everyone hates it now because it's popular.

Attached: 1552818323130.jpg (640x633, 28K)

The janitors worked for a secret organization called 50 Blessings whose goal is to bring down the Russians. They do this by coercing people to kill Russian members and people who are for the Russo-American alliance.

Inspired by Jacket, a group of people (The Fans) start going around killing lowlifes and nobodies, but fail to realize the full gravitas of Jacket's circumstances.

Attached: smugKaede.png (800x840, 308K)

that's the gist of HLM2, but it ties into HLM1 because Jacket, Biker, etc. were manipulated by the colonel's group

The story of Dark Souls is two ring two bells, collect four Macguffins, and then either link or not link the fire.

We'll be finding that out very soon.

Attached: basedkojimbo.jpg (948x717, 183K)

And Bioshock is just shooting bad guys. I can be reductionist too.

It's not that hard to understand.
USSR and America fight. beard and jacket are apart of this. Beard dies in the nuking which ends the war. 50 Blessings is set up to fight Russian influence in America. They call violent individuals who hate Russians and sign up for 50 Blessings and direct them to Mafia hideouts. Or they threaten them into doing so as they did with Richter. Jacket is one of them. Jacket wipes out most of the mafia. All the 1991 characters in 2 are influenced by this. Either copying Jacket, investigating him or trying to rebuild what he destroyed.

It all leads to violence and unrest. All this violence committed against the Russians in America (not only committed by player characters but it can be read about it in newspapers) boils over to 50 Blessings launching a coup against the Russian-controlled American Government. Russia counters by nuking Miami, Hawaii and possibly the rest of America.

tldr: Everybody hates fucking Russians.

What about Biker?

Also a 50 Blessings operative. He tried to learn the truth.
Confronted Jacket. Who the fuck knows what happened. Both of them appear alive in the sequel despite both winning that fight. One of the mysteries of the series. same with the Pig Butcher. Cant make sense of whats real or not.

Fucking amazing taste user.

The game has unreliable narrators. Jacket and Biker remembered it wrong, Beard even tells Jacket he didn't actually kill Biker, that's why the jannies sent Richter to murder Jacket because Jacket fucked up.
Jacket probably just knocked him out cold and left assuming he was dead. Biker is a drunk who can't even remember the organization's name in the second game.

heichan has a similar thread op....hmmm.

>Beard even tells Jacket he didn't actually kill Biker
Beard is only a figment of Jacket's imagination in the first game, though.

He's helping to fix Jacket's mind and memories like Richard was.

Ace Combat Zero

Attached: buddy.jpg (743x2730, 610K)