youtube.com/watch?v=T_mu2Zj3Pow
youtu.be/p9NdAao9y_4
youtube.com/watch?v=hpaUoHu9k54&t=1s
vimeo.com/351322071
youtube.com/watch?v=AkNzc4KQYlU
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Getting_Over_It_with_Bennett_Foddy
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Obligatory anchor

Attached: News Anchor.png (833x531, 1.02M)

Double Hot Rodz
WQ4-VJ4-N2G

Outrun the horrible contraption to make it out alive.

First level of this kind that I've made. Let me know what you guys think. You faggots give the best feedback.

Bone Zone
R8G-4PV-CCG

not bad man

>Red-Hot Castle Rush
LJ1-75M-Y7G
Kind of a speedrun level, but not really.

>Perfect Luigi Blossom
NWX-G9Y-FSF
Normal difficulty bullet hell.

What enemies do you guys want in the game? I really wish waddlewings were in.

Attached: 1563423428623.jpg (1161x1200, 211K)

Votes will be tallied for the next 24 hours.

Please reply for these categories.

Best Creator
Best Player
First Clear hero
Best Level
Cutest mii
Best comment artist

Is mm an okay first game to buy on a Switch? I'm buying one tomorrow

reshilling my levels
night cloud climb ID: HGF-9Q5-K6G
rato snow wonderland ID: LL8-S8C-MJG
mario 3 desert level with munchers ID: WBF-D3C-0VF
castlevania 2 level ID: 9PC-NN1-WVG

hope u enjoy

Attached: 1547956484268.jpg (379x385, 46K)

Me
Me
Me
Me
Me
Me

Nice shit god damn

Just like mario maker and BOTW were the only games making the wiiu justified as a purchase, Mario Maker 2 and New animal crossing will be the only games justifying purchase of switch.

Anonymous
Anonymous
Anonymous
Anonymous
Anonymous
Anonymous

Yeah, if you didn't play MM1 its a must-buy.

Pitch Black Manor
CG0-DGS-7HG
>This is probably the level I’ve put the most time into so far, and I tried to explore a lot of ideas in one level without letting it get too bloated. The idea was to make a level using the nighttime ghost house theme without creating a level that’s total bullshit, so I used POW Blocks to light up the way to go in different ways. I’m not too familiar with making ghost house levels but I tried to give this level some atmosphere through the sound effects and decorations.

Attached: F04E7F9A-0DD4-48B6-B69F-0C2398E63981.jpg (1085x638, 363K)

Odyssey was really fucking good.

Wow these threads sure died fast. Did the novelty of the game wear off that quickly?

I'm very busy and tired.

3 houses

Reposting the collabs for anyone who didn't see them last threads.
Tanooki Citadel Collab:
WNW-L8Y-1FF

Last Collab:

Yea Forums's Flying Circus Collab:
VJY-0XL-NSF

If you have any ideas for theming future collabs, let me know, I'd love to hear what you guys think.

Attached: RAIN.gif (296x212, 49K)

Bit Crusade 3 is an adventure series of Mario levels that play in the traditional sense (scaling difficulty, hidden rooms and level theming). So if you like traditional Mario stages you’ll probably like these. The “game” will eventually utilize all 5 styles so there’s a little something for everyone. Every stage has five red coins hidden within that unlock a super bonus room at the end.

Starting Point:
1-1: Start of a New Journey V61-WT5-DPG

Current Stage:
4-1: Quartz Caverns 3XY-BQ7-2RG

After leaving the furnace, Mario finds himself inside an underground cave system. NSMB underground stage that utilizes that gametypes moveset, as well as some propeller shroom shenanigans.

Feedback is appreciated and returned. If you got a really good level I’ll likely make a short webm of it to showcase it. If you decide to take the plunge and play them I hope you enjoy them. If you complete everything up to the current stage let me know and I'll play all your levels if I haven't already.

Workin on 4-2, finally got the superball flower and hammer powerup which will be nice for later down the road.

Other games and stuff. I took a break earlier so I could try out Hero for smash ultimate.

Attached: Quartz Caverns.webm (1280x720, 2.84M)

fucking news anchor lmao

I don't get it

Smash tourneys are the most fun I’ve had with Ultimate in some time.

reshilling my levels
Wing Shoe Paradise
Q75 GX3 V3G
DEATHSPRING
QNS B9H 5SG
Democratic Presidential Debate
6NN BRM SNF
Shell Of Faith
N23 BJF 6LG

i found this one through endless easy, good shit mate

Fire emblem has 3 house

no one was actually retarded enough to pay $60 for that piece of shit, were they?

Hot new level. I wanted to make a slide level but I think I kind of fucked it up.

CDC-66K-KLF

Attached: 20190802_230618.jpg (3264x2448, 1.85M)

yeah, this is terrible. i had to double check to make sure i didn't put in the wrong code or something

Trashed this whole level. I just can't make a 3D world level that feels satisfying.

Attached: porcupuffer falls.webm (640x360, 2.85M)

Fuck you all
Fuck Mario Maker
Fuck Mario cucks in general
>Make kino levels
>Only 1 person has beat my stages (all 8 of them) in the past month+ that I've had them up
>Keep getting notifications that people played the stages day after day
>No likes
Yeah well fuck your likes. Maybe don't play platformers if you're SHIT at them, trannies.

umadbro

Post codes, user.

>Wiggly Caverns
My first creation. Short and sweet. I was just getting used to the builder but I still think its a good level. Bounce on angry wigglers and swing from chains to make your way to the end. XWB-4JC-GNG

>Piranha Pirates
My second creation, feels more like a full level in my opinion. Its a SMB3 airship level that takes place on a stormy night when the Piranha Pirates invade. MG2-N7K-0XF

Try em out if you'd like, any feedback is welcome. Eventually I'd like to do a whole world of levels.

Attached: 1564253417532.gif (320x240, 2.15M)

youtube.com/watch?v=T_mu2Zj3Pow
when the terminal 7 hits

9TS-MMD-JYF
Switch ‘n Swingy Spelunker

My first course, so far it’s at 0 clears with only 2 plays after two days. If anyone would be so kind as to take a shot at it and give some feedback I’ll play their courses in return, particularly ones with 0 clears.

It makes use of switches and swinging claws through a tight cave system. I didn’t intend it to be particularly hard, you just need to twirl to make some of the jumps. The abundance of spikes are mainly just for show as I tried to keep them just out of the way to give a sense of danger but also to guide the player which direction NOT to go, and to keep them on the claws.

Good luck.

>needing the validation of strangers playing a video game
>getting this mad that he didn't get said validation

I forgot to post my newest level. I'm too used to working on just the collabs

Invasion from Dimension X:
RL9-PXQ-F7G

This level is brought to you by the color red. There is some blue in there too.

Huh, what are the chances of that. Thanks for playing through it.

Straight-forward speedrun
MXT-SKR-MGF

You germans make shit levels. You're as bad as japs and should be region filtered.

TFG-7W9-HQF

>Chargin' Chucks
>Shy Guys
>Skinny Mario in all themes
>Regular Goombas in SMW
>SMW Pipes are the colors that were actually in SMW
Why must you hurt me like this, I want it all

>skinny mario in 3d world

Attached: 46DDDCFE-376D-41B6-89C6-E02686B5E2A7.gif (465x271, 958K)

shilling Bowser Chase 2: Bowser's Revenge. It's a sequel to Bowsee Chase. Bowser chases you throughout his castle, and this time he's out for blood. He's set up plenty of traps, and isn't holding anything back.

7XB-H70-J3G

Wingman - 1P2-DCY-KGG

Just made this. It's a love story.

>forgetting about MH3U on the WiiU
Had over 1k hours in that, fucking amazing game and so good on the WiiU with the pro controller.

>Trials of the flying fortress (6XS-G7N-WMG)
A red coin level: though start, 6 challenges, 1 boss and a true ending. It’s hard and stressful, but i’ve been generous with the checkpoint

>aMAZEing TREASURE HaUNTed house (1S1-HP4-7HG)
Explore the maze and collect enough coins before the timer runs out

>Infested sewers (LTP-CRG-55G)
Survive a journey in a sewer full of piranha plants. This personally is the level i'm most proud of

Great level user. I really enjoyed it

how the hell do i make a bob-omb spawner without multiple bob-ombs spawning in the same spot clipping into each other and fucking everything up when you try to grab one

Attached: 1558133636550.jpg (480x433, 29K)

it looked interesting to me. shame you trashed it

A bit convoluted but you could have the player use a claw on a track to only pick up one of the spawned bob-ombs and then release it above the player when he is near

Switching Gears KXF-N4Q-QNG
Conveyors and Switches 5PG-Y0T-PDF

RXG-FJ4-Y8G Multitasking at Work

Multitask to finish the task before time runs out.

Attached: mario does scary dive.jpg (680x383, 23K)

My one screen puzzles:
8N9-R26-5BG Weakened POW [OSP]
C3B-BHJ-KXG The Nest [OSP]
HQ9-RD1-R2G Collapsing Cave [OSP]
Can someone explain why everyone hates puzzle levels? Personally I think they are the most fun

By default I prefer to play platforming stages in this platforming game.

Also, when I'm playing endless I don't have the time to fiddle about and wonder what makes what work.
Usually there are also no reset doors so if I make a mistake I'm either forced to restart and lose a life or I have to skip the stage.

1P2-GJ3-1KF

I made a level that's insanely easy as long as you're not playing as Luigi.

Attached: screw you luigi.jpg (1280x720, 47K)

Uhhm yeah im thinking we need to delete this GENERAL.. gotta make more room for monsterhunter and smash threads on this here board of ours.

Attached: 1564642912415.jpg (882x1022, 158K)

it's because the enemies suck and are all piss easy to deal with

Ride 'em Cowboy!
9CF-HDM-XSF

Let me know what you faggots think. Wrangle some worms and yeehaw.

tfw if I don't shill my levels I only get to like ~50 plays

>make no effort into getting people to play level
>noone plays level
wtf??

That's a lot of effort though, having to post your level in dozens of twitch streams (and staying in them or they won't play them), posting them on all websites out there etc.

Giant Radish Area
Vertical SMW styled level. Ascend the mountainous radishes with the assistance of the cape. 2 fast paced moving platform sections interject between radish segments. Has a checkpoint halfway through. If you're interested in more fast moving platform based levels check out my other level on my profile.

Only my third day owning this game and I'm having a blast already. Love playing your guys' levels, it's great having a place like this to share with others.

Attached: Giant Radish Area.jpg (1280x720, 225K)

Well what do you expect? Everyone gets thousands of plays just for making a level?

I liked it, but I also died at the end because I didn't know the goal would come up and previous parts of the level led me to believe that I would just "follow" the wiggler down and bounce off of him again.

So... am I supposed to guess the code?

Yes, shouldn't be that hard, should it?

RJD - PMD - HGG

How the fuck did I forget to add that.

>Normal difficulty
>0,85% clear rate

It was alright and I like the idea and it looks nice, but you should be more generous with powerups. If you lose the cape you get at the beginning that's it. You get jack shit if you die and respawn at the checkpoint.

Already dabbed on your 2hu stage but now your red hot castle has also been dabbed on. Nice level man, not the usual speedrun with on/off that plays itself.

there is a mushroom at the section where you're scaling the radish with the koopas right after the check point, but it's on a platform to the left side, not on the main path. Perhaps I should keep them on the main path next time. Thanks for the feedback.

Japan strikes again

Attached: nipponlevel.jpg (1276x717, 550K)

Personally I don't like one screen puzzles that much because they cram in as many arbitrary steps as possible- I know, that's the whole point, but I think they are too confusing and slow paced.
I would like to see a level that has mutiple *small* one sceen puzzles with checkpoints.

I also prefer platforming levels in this platforming game. I rarely will pick a puzzle level on my own, but they're annoying as fuck in the endless challenge and almost get an immediate skip.

I'm actually grateful for puzzle levels in super expert because it's a pause from all the instant death troll shit, crazy kaizo stuff and super brutal pixel perfect speedruns and so on.

You niggers know what /vg/ is?

Endless or 100 Mario? Which one do you prefer?

I don't know why we can't just have both.
They got their own pros and cons. I'm definitely more willing to expend a few lives trying to beat a level in 100 than in endless where I'm prone to skip if I don't think I can get out of there with minimal losses or if the stage has no coins or 1ups for me.

Idk, for me Mario Maker was always about trolls, puzzles and crazy glitches. I can play well made platforming levels in any of the mainline Mario games, why bother playing shitty ones in MM

What a naive and dumb thing to say. I've played way better platformers in Mario Maker than the official games.
I like challenging but fair levels. Official games barely have those at all, MAYBE the secret bonus world has one or a few at best.

Platformers rarely introduce something new to the game and become boring and repetitive quickly. On the other hand, puzzles always show some new tech or the mechanic no one new about before.
I get why other people like platformers, the thing i dont understand why people boo one screen puzzles the moment they see them in endless. I dont boo platforming levels when i see them, i even give them a heart if level creator was nice to the player. It takes a lot of time and work to make a good puzzle level. I have a level on which i spent around 20 or so hours just to make it work properly and yet it got disliked hard

The guy said he skips puzzles, not that he boos them.
But the truth of the matter is just that the majority of people want to run and jump, not think about which of the 50 contraptions squeezed into one small space to activate first.

>On the other hand, puzzles always show some new tech or the mechanic no one new about before.
That's an uno mas. Puzzles should be fair and not use glitches that nobody knew about, it's unfair to do that to the solver. If you put in a glitch or something, you need to offer an explanation somewhere in the level about how it's done, or at least a very good hint (better than you think it should be because the player is going in with no knowledge unlike you).

t. I like puzzle levels.

When I play Endless I insta-skip
>anything Japanese
>any speedrun (trial and error, can't afford the deaths)
>any obvious troll level
>anything with rising poison and lava
>anything that has something like "you WILL DIE!", "ULTRA HARD" or "RIP MARIO" or some shit in the title
>any fast autoscroller

I remember SeanHip2 putting some wierd tech in his levels in mm1 days, not now tho

>34% clear rate
Wow that's a lot of Luigi. Just so you know I think Nintendo is going draconian and deleting these levels.

Also suck it SilentTron and rest of the world.

I just skip anything that's not obviously an easy level that was just made and has a 0% clear rate :^)

Honestly endless but I wish it gave you more lives.

>anything Japanese
I laughed

Aw fuck. I got to 5,000 last night, but no bronze medal. I guess the number increased. How many points is bronze at now? Anyone else think the medal system is kind of shitty? Don't even remember how stars worked, but this whole moving goalposts and losing medals business rubs me the wrong way.

Anyway, I have ten stages. Here are three:

Soles of the Departed
C80-VJX-WJG
The first of a trilogy with goomba shoes in perilous situations.

Defeat the Fleet
8D1-MTQ-HJG
Airship night level with bombs and a (hopefully) fun albeit fairly easy Bowser fight.

Sole Sacrifice (Newest)
BB2-DMK-LJG
To reach new heights demands sacrifice. Another shoe level among castles in a starry sky.

Lethal Lumber, Inc.
M05-MDP-15G

Weave in and out of tree trunks and dodge perilous saw blades as you collect the 5 red coins and take on a custom boss fight (a lot of fine-tuning went into making it challenging as well as fair, but here's a hint: the alcove you spawn in is a safe zone if you need to sit back and observe the boss patterns). No bottomless pits and abundant power-ups ensure that the player can focus on the exploration side of things.

These are some of the nicest comments I've ever gotten and I'm very proud of them.

Attached: EBAqEj5U4AAMQ1Z.jpg (1280x720, 59K)

>you need to offer an explanation somewhere in the level about how it's done, or at least a very good hint (better than you think it should be because the player is going in with no knowledge unlike you).
Which is another reason puzzle levels (the way most people make them) are gay. There's no way to give any sort of good explanation or communicate to the player. The best thing you can do is give some vague ass clue in the form of random blocks. It sucks cock, MM wasn't made for it.

The worst part is how you can lose medals again and then it looks as though you never had one.
I had a golden weekly medal once now there's nothing lel

I dont even know what the medals or maker points even are earned by. Specific things, are accumulative points from a variety of things? Does the game ever explain it?

Great level, got a little confused on where to go with the key after the boss though. The boss was cleverly designed too, speaking of which.

>There's no way to give any sort of good explanation or communicate to the player.
Create a simple puzzle at the beginning of the level that has no other information or items than necessary to perform the trick. Escape room levels often do this, puzzle levels don't for the sake of "muh one screen puzzles" which is a real shame.

Different things for different medals. I was referring to all time maker points which is just getting lots of points. There's also a number of first clears one, a world record one - though you have to hold them all simultaneously, some for multiplayer . . . But there are some that are based on the leaderboard ranking, and when you fall off they take your medal away. And now I guess I've learned that as more people get more points, the threshold to get bronze for total maker points just keeps growing.

At least if you get to the top of the leader board you keep the royal outfit. Not that I'll ever top a leaderboard. Basically, don't worry about medals. The goalposts move, and they're ultimately temporary.

Good stuff user, really enjoyed it. Left you a shitty little drawing too.

You know you've hit the big time when a bunch of idiots start leaving "___ gang" comments on your levels

2-3 Sunstroke
>GQW-4BH-Y0G
Normal difficulty course themed around chasing the Angry Sun to the skies.

I fucking love stumbling upon random ass conversations that have nothing to do with the level. Reminds me of miiverse.

Sawmill Castle:
CNF-5QH-QXF
Fairly easy/short level where you are racing saw blades.

Bowser Jr. Airship:
CBV-JP4-0WG
A pretty straight-foward airship level.

4 Player Vertical Race:
C51-RGC-QWG
This level was meant mostly for multiplayer vs. but it still works fine as a normal level to do on your own.

Reminder that SMW is the worst theme.

In regards to your question about the checkpoint in my level, I put it there as a joke to harass a friend. He wanted to playtest it and got to the end, hadn't readjusted to normal physics, died right before the goal, and threw his controller like a moron. I told him I'd fix it, so I put that there just for him.

For what it's worth, despite him getting his panties in a knot about it, he still died there and needed the checkpoint after all.

SMW is the best for puzzles. 8bit is good for retro-style levels. New Sup is the best for everything else.

3D World is shit for everything but stupid gimmicks, it makes me upset when people complain that a level is too much like mm1. "hurr durr put in some new things too"

>SMW is worse than 3DW
way to out yourself for having zero taste

Sorry for saying you posted the wrong code. I entered a C instead of a G and it took me to a different level. I will play your level now.

Make a level with this guy in and call It Blastoise.
That's all

Attached: Screenshot.jpg (228x384, 32K)

I liked the level too, but honestly that user is right. If you're gonna advertise use of the cape in your level description, try to give more of them out aside from just the start of the level. If you die and respawn from the checkpoint, that block to the left will only give a mushroom.

>KR3-S4M-VFF

This is just a level I shat without much thinking. I would appreciate it if some art commenter drew something for it.

Played Sawmill Castle and Bowser Jr. Airship. Had a good time with both, thank you!

>This personally is the level i'm most proud of

>no power-ups
>sound effect spam
>elements just haphazardly thrown together for no reason
>Bob-omb excavation out of nowhere
>bouncing on Koopas across spike fields
>>>(also 1 softlock and 1 kaizo section)

Yamamura's Dojo should be mandatory.

Attached: 1519157347242.jpg (1031x965, 181K)

I don’t think “achievements” mean the same thing to Nintendo that they do to everyone else. It’s irritating that you either can’t keep medals that you’ve worked towards getting, or the things that you could get to keep are so far out of reach at this point due to players camping at the top of the leaderboards.

I just want the Royal Attire, but it’s gated off by players who’ve gotten 8,000+ and 20,000+ levels deep into endless Normal and Easy respectively. Expert and Super Expert are a little out of my league and even so they’re being cheesed by players using two Switches to keep their runs going indefinitely.

First Clears is possibly attainable if you’re a NEET with nothing else to do, but it’s currently at 3,000 and will only increase. World Records is impossible though, the person at the top of the leaderboard has a cute female dog girl Mii, and is thus surrounded by a posse of bodyguards that’ll snipe YOUR world records if you get too close.

Everything else requires you to be a God gamer or popular streamer to obtain. At this point I’m half considering paying someone to play for me while I eat, sleep, and work just to catch up...

tl;dr currently sitting at 800 clears on Normal endless... what am I doing with my life?

That's pretty funny, actually. If anything, my only complaint about the level is that, under lower gravity, the Kuribo shoe's stride is much bigger than normal, and you can't jump out of it any time you want like you can under normal gravity. I was getting thrown off like hell trying to climb up the castles, and made it to the goal with like 20 seconds to spare. I don't blame your friend for getting tripped up at the end. Still a really nice level regardless, I enjoyed it.

Tanooki user managed to get the royal attire with his Tanooki course

Shilling my newest stage again:
The Floating Isle: HLW-WPP-LFG
Its a stage about a floating island

Other stages:
Lumber Tower: N7X-9BX-YKF
Bone Voyage: RW5-5D0-DTG
Desert Quest: YJG-9X6-BRF
Ants and the Temple of Plants: B5F-TGN-Q7G

Drop me some stages if you want an opinion on them! Gonna play them later today

Attached: The Floating Isle.jpg (680x383, 50K)

Pretty sure kelsbells got it with WRs as well

That's actually a really good drawing given the hardware limitations you're working with. Thank you dude.

>I just want the Royal Attire, but it’s gated off by players who’ve gotten 8,000+ and 20,000+ levels deep into endless Normal and Easy respectively.
This makes me mad both because it's literally impossible to beat them at this point and they have to be wasting their lives doing nothing else but slowly grinding easy levels.

I highly doubt that we have someone on Yea Forums who was at one point the global #1 for world records

You could also just not care about these stupid medals.

Yeah, it's a pretty trash system. I thought if I could just get my one bronze at 5,000 that I'd be content having shown that I at least try to make decent stuff, but that didn't happen. Granted, I'm certainly not done with this game. It's a fantastic experience, but I think I'll firmly decide to give up on medals in their entirety now.

Thanks for the input! You're definitely not alone in critiquing the wonky jumps with the low gravity shoe, and I totally get it. It threw me off at first too, and in making the level I had to get more used to it than most will take the time to, but I started the idea and committed to it. Had to follow through. Glad you still enjoyed it overall.

He has the crown and is up there on the leaderboard and he definitely posts here sometimes.

done, hope you like it

Played that one already, but it got a good laugh out of me!

are you literally asking for participation awards right now, you zoomer faggot?

It would at least be nice if you saw the medals you once had

> Watch your Steps! v1.1
PTW-0JL-RXF
Dont Jump or you lose!

> Tube War [Race]
KWR-YL3-25G
Four Tubes but only one brings you to the exit!

AND MY NEW CREATION (fml im waste more time in creating then in playing)

> Bowser's under Castle Sewer
5MN-V7N-C0G
Its hot! its fast! and it looks like you sneak into bowser castel (this is why i made a fake map on the top)

I wish you a lot of fun with it.
And please, feel free to judg them, so i know what i can make better in the future

Attached: firen.gif (120x120, 11K)

take a picture

Thanks! Checked out a couple of your levels and they are really well done. The rush one especially.

How about making an actual stage instead of memes

Please beat my propeller level
553-MGJ-QGF

>pick the right pipe or you lose
epic

Thanks for the feedback, glad you liked them

>forcing the player to lose their propeller as part of the level design
>just to give it back to them literally one second later

For what purpose? Just to spin jump off the Piranhas? Why have a level centered around the propeller and then test the player on mechanics unrelated to the propeller? Also I'm not a big fan of the on/off switch trap. When you're faced with two red cannons, the only way to check if it's the correct path or not is to just try, and then you get punished for it. Good ideas in this level, but unfortunately cheap design too.

I've made two courses, and both of them aren't exactly great.

Escape to USA!!!
T77-RVN-J6G
Meme course I made because it's funny

You Will Not Survive
70X-5SM-SKF
Throwback to a Kaizo level from like 10 years ago but with some new twists.

Criticism is extremely welcome, I actually wanna make good levels.

Attached: birthday lizard.jpg (422x750, 85K)

Just found out that with yoshi you can eat fire from a burner and fire it as a fireball.
You probably knew about this, but whatever

Attached: 1523806901608.gif (390x520, 1.61M)

Snowy Shoe Shrine: (FQW-N04-BTF - A comfy snow level full of wonders, plants, and above all else shoes. Make sure to explore the cave to the fullest!)

Kamek's Katastrophic Gameshow! (75D-GPJ-H6G Kamek has offered a prize pool of 1,000 coins if you can complete his challenging game show! Will Mario & Co. win the big prize?) - Make sure to use comments for this

Goombrat Rampage! (073-NKM-J4G) - You go around a level killing Goombrats in unique ways. Its okay because they're Goombrats.

**NEWEST LEVEL**
Dusty Desert Dilemma: The most metriodvania like level I've made and involves you gathering items to progress through the level similarly other metriodvanias.

Attached: Dusty Desert Dillemia.jpg (680x383, 106K)

you can't spin jump on shit (thwomps) when you have propeller shroom right?

Are you me? I tried making a porcupuffer course this week and was disappointed with how easy he was to lose/kill. I wanted to have him be a constant threat. That said I do have 2 rolling gimmick 3D world courses below I think came out fun.

My 3 most recent courses, I've been on a kick of not having tons of enemies and more just doing platforming lately:

>Mineshaft Roll Fest
FL5-DTQ-54G
3DW, focused on the seldom used rolling mechanic.

>Mineshaft Roll Fest 2: In Deep
3D World, also focused on rolling mechanic but no enemies just platforming this time.
B2D-9X6-34G

>Lost Levels: Found Fire Bars
SMB course inspired by Lost Level castles.
2VN-Q65-LRF

Attached: bbar.png (316x358, 43K)

Wet Woods: LBV-FHQ-DTF
Traditional SMW Forest level with rain using icicle drips

youtu.be/p9NdAao9y_4
thoughts?

You misread my post; I don’t care about medals, just the costumes. Many of the ones who got those costumes did so because they got the game early and the threshold at the time was a mere 300 clears, and now hardly anyone else can get them because those at the top care about keeping their stupid medals. You don’t even have to beat the top people, just tie them to get the outfits, and I would just stop at that point honestly.

I just want some other way to get all the outfits that’s eventually doable with actual skill, not pushed farther out of reach by those that got a head start and basically did nothing to get them or are harnessing a power of autism far beyond that of mortal men.

Ant fire actually. You can even eat Bowser fire and spit it back at him, which is tedious to kill him with but very, very satisfying.

>I just want some other way to get all the outfits that’s eventually doable with actual skill
You can get them with super expert runs or weekly maker points, which do take skill. Getting the medal for easy runs or grinding WRs on new levels never took skill.

>no one plays your levels
>they get lost in the tidal wave of new levels
>all the "hot" levels are dumb shit where you stand still and nothing happens

Attached: 1502595225953.jpg (599x447, 85K)

A tiny bit trolly, but overall nicely made and fun stages with a decent difficulty. Following you!

Banzai Hills
36D-55F-X5G

A pretty easy and short level i made because i wanted to use slopes for rounded terrain.
I tried to make it so that you could speedrun it as well, although i don't know if i made the optimal route too difficult, so i'd appreciate feedback on that aspect.

>Floating Isle
Pretty good level. Aesthetics are good (even though i tend to prefer a more normal style) and the difficulty feels just right.
I like the theme of using shells for bonuses too.
The one oversight i'd point out is the 10-coin at the bottom of the vine you climp down right after you exit the second pipe. It's not a big deal, but the fact that it's placed right bellow a vine you have to climb on might trick players into thinking it's safe to jump.

Yeah, weekly maker points is about the only one that resets and gives an even fresh start for everyone, except those that are popular always have their followers.

Super Expert stands at 300 clears, and those currently at the top got there by pausing at every new level, loading it up on a second Switch and checking for bullshit RNG elements or death traps and skipping it, or if it’s reasonably easy enough just grinding it out until they master it. Then they go to their run and blast through the level without taking too many deaths.

What I really want is the return of 100 man, or some rewards for playing no skip, or a system that kicks a player into the next difficulty tier after maintaining too high a clear ratio.

>Super Expert stands at 300 clears, and those currently at the top got there by pausing at every new level, loading it up on a second Switch and checking for bullshit RNG elements or death traps and skipping it

How would one look up a level, exactly? You can't look up levels by name or maker unless you have their code. I guess it's possible to check a user's liked levels list, but to like a level you have to either beat it or die to it, and levels probably don't show up on that list until the player has either finished it or skipped it.

>You can't look up levels by name or maker unless you have their code.
I hate this because I post the code and no one ever plays my levels.

Attached: d7ad4e5476a755547da3577b34ebd300.jpg (1917x814, 526K)

Does the NSO year in the limited edition expire? What is it an eshop code?

>complaining about no powerups
That's what almost any hard levels usually offer

>sound effect spam
Can't say you're totally wrong. i'll consider to fix it

>elements just haphazardly thrown together for no reason
Yeah because using always the same 3 elements, resulting in a monotonous level is much way better

>Bob-omb excavation out of nowhere
Same as above

>bouncing on Koopas across spike fields
Same as above part 2. Or maybe is just user being frustrated for having died there 10 times?

>>>(also 1 softlock and 1 kaizo section)
Nothing to say about that. Some people prefer to be notified in advance. Personal tastes.

>Yamamura's Dojo should be mandatory.
Probably, but then super expert levels wouldn't probably even exist

I exit my cave for the first time in what feels like years. My eyes burn at the Sun's merciless pointing finger. My throat hurts. My second Mario Maker course has been completed. I beg you to try it, but first, fair is fair: I'm gonna give a quick review of a level I've recently enjoyed.

>Bowser Eats Taco Bell And Explod
WSV-5GF-4TG

If this wasn't made by a real high schooler, whoever is behind it gets them like no other. Juvenile and frankly not much of an actual level at all, but I was going crazy making my stuff and turns out I needed this stupidity and I reckon maybe you'll need it too.

ANYWAY, MY BRAND NEW SECOND LEVEL THAT YOU CAN TRY:

>Under Siege! The Walking War!
5RV-LJY-8WF

Alone against the Pirate Emperor's machines! Infiltrate, sabotage, destroy!

Attached: EBDg3ZsU8AAVLVT.jpg (1280x720, 189K)

4-2 Road of giants
MGJ-W7T-0KF

4-3 The big beetle
7Q1-SCT-0KF

4-[F] Living flame
7D2-12Y-4DG

4-4 Stomping time
9W7-QY0-QSG

No internet for a while so level uploads were backed up.

>can't drag mario through pipes in sound frog mode
but why?

>That's what almost any hard levels usually offer
Just because other people do it doesn't make it good design.

>Yeah because using always the same 3 elements, resulting in a monotonous level is much way better
Most level elements have a variety of different uses you can achieve with them, especially in combination with others. Limiting yourself to two or three main gimmicks per level can help draw out the most creativity, and logically building on established themes throughout the course of a level makes for a satisfying player experience. This kind of philosophy has been preached to death by almost every single "how to make a good Mario level" video, who have all studied various levels throughout the series history to learn what makes them so brilliantly designed and satisfying to play. A focused level is much better than an eclectic mess of random bullshit. If you can't think of multiple varied ways to use each object, you're not using your head.

>Nothing to say about that. Some people prefer to be notified in advance. Personal tastes.
You're not thinking about how you want the player to feel when you go through a level. You willingly put in bullshit traps that only serve as a cheap giggle on your part, but create frustration in the player who now has to replay the whole level for no fault of their own, and takes away from their patience to sit through your level, because for all they know you could pull that kind of shit again later in the level and waste even more of their time. And why should they try to beat an unfun, unfair, and sloppily made level when they can just quit and play another one of the millions of levels out there? Fairness is the name of the game, and it's the first mistake made by dumb kids who go on a power trip when they're given the tools to create levels that other people will play. The world doesn't need more of this bullshit. It got old way back in like 2007.

(continued)
>Or maybe is just user being frustrated for having died there 10 times?
I only died there once, and decided not to go any further because as I previously mentioned, your level was already wasting too much of my time by killing me in ways that I couldn't foresee. It's not an issue of "git gud" if the level creator blatantly puts in unpredictable traps that can't be reacted to with skill. And not only that, but experienced level creators know that players will automatically have a harder time on their level than the creator will, because the creator knows every last inch of the level they've made and know exactly what to do. Literally every good creator has to keep their level's difficulty in mind, and almost always have to turn the difficulty down before uploading their stage. What I'm saying is, you might have found your own level easy when you clear checked it, because you know it like the back of your hand, but everybody else is seeing the completed product for their very first time and trying to learn it. You're gonna drive a lot of potential fans away by acting dismissive of them and continuing to make childish bullshit that preys on the frustration of its players. But if that's what gets you off, then fine, continue to pour more rancid trash into the landfill that is Course World.

Does playing through Story Mode unlock shit or am I wasting my time?

it unlocks some cosmetics and two (shitty) powerups.

Superball power-up in the SMB1 theme, Builder power-up in the 3D World theme, and a couple of costumes. That's basically it.

yes

So how do I get the giant thwomps that's literally all I'm after, because maybe if I have giant thwomps in the thumbnail of my shitty courses someone will actually play them.

>because maybe if I have giant thwomps in the thumbnail of my shitty courses someone will actually play them.
I don't understand that logic but anyway you just hold down grab on a thwomp and select the mushroom icon. You don't need to unlock anything.

>I don't understand that logic
I just want people to try my course I spent literally all day refining the mechanics of it only to have 0 plays even now.

post code

it's and for real roast the shit out of it, I wanna learn how to make better shit.

How have you made 32 courses already? You literally reached the old upload cap..

>Get good idea utilizing fishbone activating p-switches
>fishbone doesn't interact with anything
Every fucking time I get an idea it turns out like this

>Escape to USA!!!
I went and activated the On/Off switch... an nothing happened? I even backtracked to the first area and everything seems the same. Probably could use some coins or something to guide what I am doing.

Keep looking.

Endless sucks and gives you no incentive to play a level with any moderate challenge. Skips just makes the whole mode pointless. I'm at 200 levels in expert and there's just no fucking way I'm playing a level that looks like it has any challenge.

Ok I played escape to USA heres some feedback. Firstly locking progress behind a hidden block seems kind of weird and unnecessary, people would skip/boo if they can't figure it out. The clown car bit is fine though the lava bubbles next to the door feel a bit unfair, most people will go down in the clown car and die as they were focusing on dodging the cannons and saws earlier and didn't see them. The double kaizo blocks before the flag would get an instant boo and skip especially since the rest of the level isn't really trolly. I'll try the other one but I'm not really into kaizo.

All you have to do is do a P-Switch, Enemy, Muncher stack and it will activate with the bone hits the enemy...

>I'll try the other one but I'm not really into kaizo.
You're gonna hate it I can already tell you.

Heist at Bowser's Castle

FFW-6N5-QXG

munchers cant stack on fishbones.

Forgot to say: This is my first level, but I think it's decent. Needs some work on composition.

Tell me where I screwed up.

>tfw getting some likes and plays on my level because silent liked it

Well I didn't hate it but I gave up at the subworld.

Okay kept going and eventually guessed there was a hidden block ladder... then later got Kaizo blocked after the propeller section.

Your use of hidden blocks is bogging the course down in my opinion. How could a player know there was an invisible block ladder without jumping around and guessing for a while? How could a player ever know there is a kaizo block over a lava pit?

Also the enemies challenges themselves varied a lot might help to stick to a tighter theme- here is a video yammering about it if interested: youtube.com/watch?v=hpaUoHu9k54&t=1s

Made a wall jumping based level the other day, play it lads. Requires some patience. So far there are only 3 clears out of 826. Need to time your wall jumps on the moving cannon to avoid/squeeze by all the shit thrown at you. Fair warning, there’s rising lava so you can’t go too fast. Some obstacles require the lava to be at its lowest level. I’m thinking about making a new version of this level so any advice is appreciated bros.
D57-S1W-KSG

Attached: B8BA5392-0F0D-4481-A20F-C3E66A6F8D0C.jpg (338x439, 60K)

>I gave up at the subworld
That's the easier part through.

>How could a player know there was an invisible block ladder
To be fair, the is the only issue I could see. Figure I can just change the first hidden block to not be hidden. Then you have a clue.

Are the stamp comments different in different languages?

Japanfag here, some are in Japanese on my switch and some are in English but the pictures are the same I think.

>Milly liked your course
Milly you brought warmth to this boomer's heart.

Attached: 1544587150806.png (500x500, 220K)

>Claims criticism is extremely welcome
>Completely brushes off nearly all criticism

If you aren't going to engage with the feedback then don't pretend you want to hear it. Your levels need work man.

Milly makes my levels better just by commenting on them

What criticism did I brush off? Someone said the hidden blocks are bad, and I agreed. Someone else said they gave up because they suck at platforming. I can't help with that one.

Kill Bowser vol. 1
MB2-766-KGG

Maybe you just suck at making levels

>i couldn't beat the level so it's bad
hello mr dsp

that guy isn't , I personally gave up because it wasn't very fun to restart and deal with hammer bro rng. I definitely could have beat it but I just wasn't into it. I wouldn't say it was bad just not my thing (as I expected though).

>hammer bro rng
lol what the hammers always follow the same path

when and where a hammer bro throws or jumps is determined by a random seed generated by the user inputs.

>by user inputs
Exactly, he'll follow you.

Hopefully some of you will get the best prize.

The Hard or Harder Game Show: Season 2
KYJ-HCJ-QFG

Mushroom Kingdom´s favorite show is back with more challenging courses the all new season 2.

Features:

-2 difficulties
-4 courses
-5 endings (including a BAD ENDING)

Attached: EA-qTrqUYAA2bfT.jpg (1280x720, 122K)

I was playing around with convener belts and P-switches, this is what I came up with: RJL-JPH-3FF

Also I made this one awhile ago and it only got like one like, please tell me why it sucks: D0S-63X-VJF

You are an obnoxious cunt, people are offering you genuine criticism and you are being defensive.

Also you hardly play any Yea Forums courses judging by your like tab.

It's a little short and easy and not that great, sorry

How am I obnoxious, all I'm saying is the hammers follow you. You seem pretty angry you can't get past a simple enemy when others have my guy.

Attached: 7cd88567a26acfcaa4b1939c0f1207e4b7cd7f311c4e136fd1b353026126b63d.jpg (268x421, 17K)

it was soulful, i liked it

played it booed total shit stop shilling faggot.

Freshly uploaded no plays/clears yet. Finally got round to finishing something.
>Dance of the Duneworms
K3T-XJJ-80H
Intermediate level about riding sandworms through the desert. Please tell me if anything seems unfair or is cheesy.

you're welcome :P which level was it?
I guess I should comment more then aha

Attached: sandworm.jpg (300x300, 17K)

booed right away absolutely disgusting.

We should make a list of makers that are Yea Forums approved and are the only ones allowed to post levels.

Everyone else just dumps their levels here and runs. And most of the levels suck too.

The criteria has to be that they are regulars to these threads, they play other people levels, give good feedback and they make quality levels themselves.

the seed is generated by user inputs you thick fuck. yes he turns to face you always obviously but when he throws is random determined. getting past that section isn't hard but it is tedious to do a few times if you die later. I don't know why I bother even responding though, it wasn't even criticism yet you lash out like a child.

It's not bad, but I'd get rid of that thwomp at the start, it's just cheap. Also I'd either bring the coin requirement down a bit or make sure the player isn't trapped at the end of the level. When making a coin collecting level, I suggest putting less multi-coin blocks since they just waste time hitting them.

but you didn't?

You're taking this game too seriously.

I'd rather not. I have the good regulars followed so I really only come to these threads to find new makers or chat.

Shut the fuck up faggot don't tell me how to make levels its fine how it is learn how the game works everyone expects thwomps at the beginning retard.

you could also shut the fuck up and let people enjoy there things

Attached: 1563532080805.jpg (1280x720, 144K)

Get out of the thread and just stick to the "Featured Courses" tab then, you snob.

Wait, I made that level. Why are you getting mad on my behalf?

I see your point. I'll see what I can do to replace the blocks.

I don't want to ban anyone but the "dump codes and close tab" meme is completely real. I have gotten 1 new play in the last 3 threads I participated in for my new course even though I played 20+ new people and left 6+ written out responses.

It's ridiculous that people get defensive whenever it's brought up.

Who cares I dump my stage codes in the thread so what? I don't have time to play other courses because I am out labbing in ultimate.

Cringe, don't be such a suck up just because they might be a girl.

I'm a regular, I played a lot of levels from these threads and my own levels are well received, but your idea fucking sucks. Best way to deal with any crap levels being posted? Boo them, eventually they'll realize anons don't enjoy it and will stop posting it.

It's a good level, but cut me some slack on that first spiny conveyor belt; will ya?

>top screen of a vertical sub area stays permanently loaded
why didn't anyone tell me this?
my level is going to be so much easier to make holy shit

going to boo ur level then faggot.

why aren't they in the game yet

Attached: 1200px-MegaSumoBro..png (1200x886, 498K)

Fucking go ahead, nobody has a problem with booing bad levels here, it’s when you try to put a retarded filter on things that could get rid of more underrated makers than it filters out bad ones so that the regulars here get more attention than they already do.

Here's my newest level
>Back To Work We Go!
7LK-70B-DMF
Medium difficulty just wanted to see what it'd be like to make a shoot-em-up kinda mode Mario style.

By posting here you are asking people to prioritize playing your courses over random shit on Endless.

Everyone is a Maker and a Player, so it's only reasonable that you increase the player pool in the area you are increasing the maker pool in so it's not lopsided.

Aw shit thank you so much user. You're my first follow ever.

Attached: 1563068421518.gif (405x214, 459K)

There's a guy who's been posting here that does nothing but those kinds of levels and every time he posts he sounds like a faggot. Still, the designs are for the most part pretty solid and there aren't really nay instances where the low light creates bullshit deaths, provided you don't try to rush through like an ADHD faggot. One example:

>GG1-R76-5RF

If you get past the gayness of his posts when he posts here the shit he offers up isn't half bad.

all the good creators have already made levels and are well known

Epic Smashing, as a god
>BQ8-8RS-GSF

someone beat it

Attached: 1557025003696.png (450x450, 340K)

If you guys really want to regulate plays and levels and such then you could always make a discord server where you can do just that.
Sounds like a lovely idea, doesn't it?

shut the fuck up faggot

>tfw found your pepsi level in super expert
kill me

butthurt because people don't like your levels

>when you realize 3DW beep blocks are just shitty on/off blocks with a shell timer

Who?

Spinjump Thwomps fortress
RGM-P96-H7G

spin jump at the Z signs

I remade my level best on the comments you guys gave me, let me know what you think.

Attached: 200px-CartoonThwomp.jpg (200x150, 8K)

nobody here wants that besides 1 dumbass nobody agrees with

I'm trying to think of some simple obstacles for a level I'm doing. It's a first level, so I want to keep it fairly simple and straightforward. The idea is I give a one word hint before each mini obstacle course that tells you how to beat it and then just drop the player into it.

Currently I just have "RUN" and the course is a bunch of thwomps dropping from the ceiling so you have to race for the exit pipe. Any other ideas for what I can do? Looking for at least 5 or so total.

honestly it's better to pick only 2 or 3 obstacles and theme the whole level around those, using them in various ways., introducing new things regularly can make a level feel disjointed and poorly paced. Since you're using thwomps, you could have a sideways thwomp you need to ride on top of (give a thwomp a mushroom to make it larger and put pows on top so you can stand on it, or indicate the player to spinjump on top of it if you're in SMW), then have some basic spikes or saws to jump through whilst riding it.

>which level was it?
You Will Not Survive and Escape to USA, but Escape was shit so that doesn't count.

>but when he throws is random determined
If your reaction time is that bad mayhaps you should consider another game mine fellow.

That could work. I'll try to keep the obstacles around a few themes then.

Attached: skinny mario 3dw.png (296x326, 70K)

That’s not true, there’s a lot of level creators around here that aren’t part of the 6-7 person group people always love to circlejerk that are just as good at making levels. Nothing against the very popular creators, it’s a jab at the people who ONLY talk about them. It’s frustrating because there’s some creators I never see get the credit they deserve in these threads but the same few names always do without fail.

>It’s frustrating because there’s some creators I never see get the credit they deserve in these threads
That's like all of Mario Maker lmfao

Yeah that’s something we can agree on.

if you want to be popular play lots of levels and leave comments. people play your levels back often. most of the people who get talked about play lots of levels here too.

Just finished uploading this. Took very long to make it because I kept finding softlocks or just parts that were too difficult while clear checking.
It's a ghost house level, where you first go through a section in day time and the have to go through it again, but this time in the dark! Each section "should" be fairly easy, but doing them in the dark makes them more challenging. Don't rush (like I did too many times) and you'll be fine.
Only go after the red coins if you're very good and precise, a couple of them are pretty hard to get.
M0W-G89-2NG

Attached: 87d9a0dd6b9196817b3e3709c7cd62ed.jpg (800x600, 225K)

Not a bad level. I died a couple of times due to me thinking i had to jump on the thwomps, it took me a lot of tries before getting the part with the first big thwomp, but i'll credit you for being consistant on what you do and don't jump on throughout the level.
The claw and conveyor felt a bit awkward as well, and they don't really fit the theme either.

I wanted to include that because you normally can't spin jump with the propeller and I think it's cool.
Regarding the trap, I didn't meant for it to be a trap. I wanted an obstacle where you have to jump down a pit and then fly back up to avoid something. I Guess I fucked up here because I didn't want to be unfair to the player.
I really appreciate the feedback.

Finished your newest stage, and finally finished out everything on your profile too.

Duneworms was one of your best ones I think, the challenge was solid and none of the worm jumps seemed unfair to me, and bounding along on them was really fun. Got the first clear too.

Most of your levels are really good I think, my only real gripe with your levels is that the spin jump ride on a chain chomp with/or on another massive enemy is used a little too often I think. Not that they're badly designed or anything but some of them are kinda tedious since you have to match the pace they set and there's not much room to diverge from the set path, either do it this way or die. Everyone's got their preference but there's other modes of transport to change things up besides bouncing chain chomps. That's more a personal nitpick though, feel free to disregard.

Getting there, I'm on my way to being able to claim I've played every single Yea Forums stage.

>go from interesting platforming gimmick to lazy shmup with clown cars spammed everywhere
>mandatory boss segments where you have to stop for a significant amount of time and fight multiple baby bowsers, which usually end up killing each other anyways
>not a single coin in the whole level
gotta be honest, this is not good

There is a difference in gameplay for characters ?

Thanks alot! And yeah I'm aware I kind of use the 'vehicle section' a bit too much lately (probably made worse by playing them back to back). I think only used chain chomps twice though as I reused the gimmick from the sky castle in the boss rush. though I guess did use them in the collab too. But anyway thanks for the feedback and all the comments!

Now that the Level Limit got raised I think about making a small Game.

>Mario Maker Land
Every World contains 5 Levels with nintendo-esque design
World 1 is SMB
World 2 is SMB3
World 3 is SMW
World 4 is NSMB
And World 5 is 3D World

These are great!

Go for it man, that’s pretty much how the first half my game is gonna be set up too

I might actually delete that one since i figure people are booing it and consequently devaluing my other levels.

yeah the part with claw was be spitballing in the beginning cause i was sure what i wanted to do. ty user

Reply to this post with a level ID and I'll play and leave feedback!
But only if
>the level hasn't been posted already
>has less than 30 plays
>is not extremely bad

Attached: 21c6bf00db64f97225475448cd46e72a.png (672x1074, 238K)

Be the change, user. Talk up those underrated makers right now. Drop names, codes, the works.

Not him but I'll give a shout out to muh boy Gardu who makes great courses. I liked Lamplight Labyrinth in particular which made good use of darkness without it feeling unfair: T6G-YFN-QJF

Others feel free to contribute, I like this idea

Attached: MM T6G.YFN.QJF.webm (1280x720, 2.06M)

If I see another peter griffin, sans or hank hill mii i'm going to freak

Is there a way to make pipes one-way in this game besides just slapping a one way gate in front of it?

Trying to make a more traditional level very loosely based on a NSMBU level I really like.

Attached: walking pirahna plants.webm (640x360, 2.91M)

Good on anyone trying to make real levels.

remove the ground under the exit if it is horizontal

You cannot re-enter a pipe that sits at the top of a slope.

What do you want to see added as DLC? Do you think this game wil have long time support with DLC being added at a slow but constant rate for a few years?
I want ice flowers, boomerang and fire bros (in all styles), the dinos from SMW, separating night time gimmicks from the visuals, letting you add water/lava/poison to any stage.

im convinced he uses dev blocks to hide coins because on several levels there is no last coin even when checking everywhere

>waddlewings
>sumo bros
>grrrols
>acorn suit
>penguin suit
>rotating platforms
>hidden walls

Attached: d8mqgmh-51e32672-8562-40ca-abea-bfef78d8a6e7.png (398x409, 64K)

I always found all of them on stages I tried. GIT

some more underwater /aquatic enemies like rip van fish, cheep cheep that chase, boss bass, urchins and torpedo teds.

Dream powerup: NSMB Blue Shell
Dream enemy: Chucks (hopefully all variants)
Dream course element: Hidden walls

Sorry for the gamer water comment on your level Joe, but I couldn't resist

I played both of em. Wiggly Caverns felt like a post game mario stage, like something you'd run into in the special world. Starts innocent enough then its like BOP, wigglers. The challenge is good, and fair too after the first big spike.

Piranha Pirates felt more grounded, I agree it feels more fleshed out than the other, like you took the stuff you learnt from the first and applied it here. Both look really nice too btw. If you've got plans to make worlds I'd like to see em I think you got great potential.

Attached: Wiggly Caverns.webm (1280x720, 2.57M)

I think as fellow anons, we all need to help each other out and get the good levels made by each other into the "hot levels" tab.

Not if you make some dumb nigger shit though fuck you.

Attached: 11950940_10153624500138338_1787722609_n_zpsirr3zsjo[1].jpg (637x476, 68K)

I doubt it'll ever happen but I'd like a boss status item. Something you can drop onto a regular mook that gives it more health, a different look, and possibly a new attack.
And these guys. I'm honestly surprised these weren't included in the first place.

Attached: Swoop.png (298x189, 33K)

Do you guys replay your levels after you upload them?

Sometimes, or at least make my friends play them.
I would speedrun some of them, but it feels pointless if you can't see your score. I get the reason, but still

Yeah, when I see comments saying the level is too hard or noting cheese or softlocks, or if I see a very low clear rate on a level I don't think it's that difficult.

A couple times, just as a final check to make sure everything is working and nothing was missed. That way if something is wrong, it can be easily fixed before the level is played.

I do. Especially after someone likes or comments on it.

It would be a neat time trial option to have the ghost of the creator run the level, but only after you beat it, to see if you're better than them.

Finished this one too, for a first course its pretty decent, the claws to spike ratio is good, none of the jumps felt overly cramped or a pain in the ass to do so points there. I dunno if the shortcut to the right of the switch block entrance to the big coin room was intentional but if it was that's a nice nod for speedrunners.

The claw jumps flow well in that regard, its easy to go fast and feels good too. For whatever reason I think NSMB has the best claw sfx sounds the most satisfying in that style. The only thing that I'd nitpick is that lone spike right next to the tip of the flagpole, which is the ONLY part of the flag that's exposed. I didn't die to it, the jump isn't the hardest to make but some players would prolly get super salty if they hit it for whatever reason. It not that long of a stage but there's no checkpoints either so keep that in mind for the future. Overall I like it and had fun on it, so good jorb man.

Attached: Switch n Swingy Splelunker.webm (1280x720, 2.93M)

I think the addition i would like the most is straight out just an aesthetic update.
Being able to mix and match themes, backgrounds and musics, or at least getting some decorative elements and some extra tilesets.

>make course
>it only has a 1.15% clear rate

Attached: 0f46bf4db20bfc39c4c6942775b42962.png (246x229, 68K)

723-828-9RF
My attempt at recreating one of the most challenging levels in SMB3. I made a few tweaks to make it just as challenging as it was back in the day. Tell me if you think I did a good job.

I like Ol Stinky. He made a fun speedrun level that wasn't 20sec trash.

SMB2 theme, some missing power-ups like the hammer bros suit and enemies like charging chucks and those weird ass dolphin things from SMW. A jukebox mode so we can use whatever music wherever we want, some of the builder themes are great and I don't get why there's no option to use them as level music.

Yes, usually before I start making a new stage I'll play one or two that preceed it, and sometimes I'll play them all in sequence to see how they flow as the game gets more and more complete.

Yeah, they feel like totally new courses like a week after I make them.

He's based because he actually plays levels from here too

If that wasn't intentional you fucked up big time.

Forgot to add
Hoshi, dudes pretty chill and he makes really good stages. His forest of seasons one is kino and the holiday elevator is one of the prettiest levels I've played in this game

Oh it was intentional, some user earlier was bitching because he couldn't beat one of the easier parts and blamed it on poor design.

Thank you for the drawing Wiscus, I really appreciate it. Also wew that's a low clear rate. I knew it was hard but I didn't think it was this hard.
I need to balance my levels better going forward.

Attached: b7802f5d1f35af0308a973336d98a7f8.jpg (1595x1998, 1.94M)

I honestly didnt even think people swimming in the water. Thanks for checking them out, friend.

Attached: 1561501204230.gif (303x303, 813K)

Ol stinky also leaves nice comments,I really apperciate the mini reviews.

Attached: mario maker missing stuff update.jpg (3000x2400, 1.68M)

That looks fun. Are his other courses worth checking out?

I wish Twisters weren't so..limited.
>Cannot be put in blocks
>Cannot be put on tracks
>Cannot be stacked
They basically don't behave like any other enemy. Aside from those things, the things I'd like most from them are:
>Options for sideways or upside-down twisters
>Put inside a pipe to create an air stream, like in underwater levels

Twisters that vacuum would be nice as well.

You can kinda put them on tracks by putting a hard block on a track and putting a twister on top of it but yeah I agree with you, they're very restricted.

what enemy and power-up do you guys want the most?

they're still swaying from side to side.
It would be nice if there was a way to keep them in place.

Very neat level, keep up the great work!

This. I saw them and immediately had so many hopes, only to realise they were pretty poorly implemented, and janky on top. They have a couple uses here and there, but overall it's very difficult to find a reason to use one.

Atleast reddit has monthly best level polls and boost each other to hot courses. Yea Forums just boos levels and leave passive aggressive comments.

why don't you fuck off to reddit then and stop shitting up these threads?

good for you

What the fuck does the on/off switch in the Super Mario World 3D scape even do?

red/blue spikes

Okay guys, let's have some fun! Playing some levels and having a great time.

Attached: MarioMaker22.png (1284x772, 39K)

Goddamn it, I had a fantastic idea where to get to the end, you have to hit the switch to unlock the goal, but you free a bunch of thwomps in the process.

And conveyors

What? It didn't seem to affect the conveyor belts.

Welcome to 3DW. Literally nothing cool can be done because fucking everything is missing.

Most of the things can't be done in 3DW, but there are a lot of things that can only be done in 3DW.
I just wish they would've added some of the more basic elements like rails, one block big spikes and on/off blocks

I made Petalburg Woods from Pokemon Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald:
>TW1-RLQ-B4G

You use the superball flower throughout the level in order to defeat the various enemies that represent Pokemon from RSE The exit pipe is blocked off, so you have to explore the level to find a means to break the blocks. There's also a hidden "Pokemon" that will appear if you enter a certain area.

On/off conveyors, bro.

On another note, by far the thing that 3D World lacks most in a stationary hazard. The closest thing in a red or blue Spike Block, put those are affected by On/Off Switches, and also take up a shit ton of space. 3D World would be so much better if it had normal spikes or Munchers or any true stationary hazard.

Here, this should be a decent idea for you. Hitting the switch, the bill blaster crushes and blows up the bomb, extending the ! Block, which pushes the thwomps. I agree it's annoying to work around the 3d world style, but you get used to making contraptions like this after a while.

Attached: 0803191643.jpg (4160x2340, 3.69M)

>Gardu
>Ol Stinky
>Hoshi
Are these the anti-cabal heroes Yea Forums deserves?

they're cabal black ops. they strike from the dark.

retard meme

Made a new course bros!

>THE GAUNTLET
W0M-CSC-RPF

Lemme know what you guys think.

Attached: EBE7LRfUcAATZF2.jpg (680x383, 83K)

Do we have a complete list of suspected cabal members? Some ppl here have abnormally high likes

M38-S0R-NRF
Just a basic challenging platforming course. It's straight forward and doesn't require any techs or speed strats.

Attached: banzai.webm (720x404, 2.89M)

Way too short.

3VJ - 02L - 5NF (puzzle)

4WD - DKR - 3TG

GS2 - RLK - R0H

I hope you guys like it!

>Some ppl here have abnormally high likes
go on

I made a small SMW kaizo with dry bone shells and a couple of springs. Nothing too original, but good for a warm up!

>Boat Dungeons 4: Warmp Up Kaizo
3G8-3LP-11H

Attached: 200px-DryBonesSMW.png (200x150, 43K)

I fount it realy funny, no problem.

>posting about cabal and naysaying the regulars here
>but don't have enough balls to actually name names

You pussies have no balls. Maybe focus on actually making good levels instead of being jealous or mad at the regulars and you wont be a lik-let.

Very fun

Great course, I just don't have time to grind it out right now. I'll probably beat it later tonight.

I am going to take milly out on a date tonight, wish me luck everyone!

>tfw no mario maker gf

Thanks, man. I'm sure you can clear it.

Even if she is actually a girl, her mii isn't even cute and she just looks to be a chubby plain looking ugly girl in real life.

Name a cuter mii

Cleared and liked. Personally I didn't like how "go immediately or die" the first spring section was, but atleast it was quick to get to.

I made a variety Kaizo level a few days ago that's sitting at 0 likes, mind checking it out?
>PCD-6MK-40H

We should make a Kaizo collab

Sounds good, especially the part where I can't even do a single spring or shell jump
But since I'm not the collab creator I don't have to pass the clearcheck

We have like 2 kaizo maker max. I doubt anyone would play it either.

>we should make a shitty level collab with the same tired tricks over and over
Great idea.

Oops, forgot to attach video:
vimeo.com/351322071

In order to get likes you have to constantly shill your codes and also like other people's levels that post here.

and make good drawings on comments

I honestly don't get the appeal of Mario Maker style Kaizo. It's always about weird contraptions that force you to do some obscure, oddly specific shit and having techs cramped into every corner without any sense of flow or actual level design.

Attached: CharginChuck-1.png (120x116, 942)

I wish I could reverse shell jump consistently, cause it looks like it flows nicely after the tight beginning. Gave it a like.

Its epic and difficult, who cares if its fun, its for epic pro gamers.

Played your Puzzle stage.
It could've used more time, since you basically waste 100 seconds waiting on the bob-omb. The Pow Block part is really confusing, especially considering you apparently need to put the p switch on there too? and i don't get why you placed the checkpoint at the end instead of placing a key halfway in to trigger a checkpoint that directly gives you a P switch.
Still, it had some decent ideas so i gave it a like.

>tfw milly speedruns your date and then goes onto 10 other dates the same hour

lmao

I really like hardcore platformers, but i generally dislike hardcore mario maker levels, since it feels like mario isn't made for hardcore in mind.
Controls can be slippery and unresponsive, death takes too long and the music starting over with the bit at the beginning gets grating.
I need to say, there are some select pretty fun kaizo stages though.

Personally I enjoy the platforming side of Kaizo more than the item trick side. A level of raw, tight platforming is more fun to me than a level where you must stay airborne at all times by constantly shell jumping. Not to say I don't appreciate item tricks, I just personally try to run minimum on them in my own Kaizo levels, if I include any at all.

Wiscus, you are really good at drawing

>say something nice
>thread dies

>yoshi eats poison fish
>yoshi shoots poison
someone make a stage about this

This one screen puzzle is about hopping back onto Yoshi through the one-way cause it's a little bit glitchy, right? The same way you can hop into a dry bone shell through a one-way or something. I just can't make it happen.

Attached: puz.jpg (1262x662, 739K)

Pretty good. How does somebody have a record of 28 seconds for your Devoid of Colour level?

Thanks for the feedback! My idea was that you only need to put the POW block on the platform.

The outer wall from Cave Story: J1X-89Q-FSG
A level about spinies and switches: 6VY-MGF-1NF

Attached: so what are you going to do now.png (797x597, 49K)

Glad to hear it, put a lot of effort into that one.

wew man was wondering if I would make it in time, but I did
Never played Cave Story but it felt like a bit of a "getting over it" kind of level. Not bad though I enjoyed it.

Collab user here, I wouldn't want to spend the time uploading it. Host your own collab, and I'll submit, but FUCK uploading that.

How do you feel about a huge collab where everyone gets to do just 1 room (1x1) with a mini challenge built inside of it?

Would be cool. No Zank though

Why not?

poor zank is going to get bullied for that until these threads die

spill
IT DAMN BETTER BE SPILL

This’d be pretty great, only problem is that you wouldn’t be able to slap your name onto it which wouldn’t be too big a deal if we found a way to credit each person somehow.

i'm happy you liked it user

Attached: monty mole.jpg (800x532, 113K)

Cliff Underbelly
>H0N-G0L-Y1G
Autoscroll medium-length level using the Koopa Clown Car to avoid Bill Blasters and Rocky Wrenches.

well I just spent about 2 hours recreating the Mission Impossible theme for part of a level I'm making.

I don't have time to play many levels right now, but I just finished a mediocre meme level. Gameplay was a complete afterthought here, I just wanted to do something with music blocks.
>Koopa Rangers, Assemble! 9W1-7KH-YDG

Dance of the Duneworms was great, easily one of your best. The horizontal sections were a lot of fun, and the checkpoints were exactly where they needed to be. You really like bouncing on enemies over spike pits, don't you?

jonny?

>jonny
no
I'm a regular in these threads but not as well known.

>playing Endless on each of the difficulties
>expected to see levels full of the multi-coins everywhere
>so far people have used them sparingly and appropriately
>haven't seen enemy spam
>no lakitu spam either
>no corridor-filled-with-starmen-and-8-Bowsers levels
>not a single DON'T MOVE level
Did Nintendo develop an algorithm to kill these or has the player base matured

Attached: 1559587258303.jpg (1829x2049, 540K)

I remember a MM1 level that had that and when me and my friend first played it we laughed our asses off the entire time we played it.

you're late

that's the level that inspired me, but I'm not going to be copying it and haven't even looked at the MM1 level in edit mode.

waiting for thread to die/cap to post new level

Attached: 1564775174396.jpg (874x618, 212K)

nothings stopping you from posting in both threads my dude

>it felt like a bit of a "getting over it" kind of level
is this some kind of zoomer shit

I already posted a list of my levels in this thread, though. It just ain't proper, user.

Attached: rem.gif (498x403, 372K)

Do you know piano?

How do you do music levels? Its super hard for me and to actually know what im reading looking at sheet music

I'm working on a rule set for it. Its complicated, as there are only so many doors and pipes, and I'm trying to optimize moving from room to room without having it get too complicated.
I'm contemplating using RNG to randomize which rooms show up, though I don't know if this is for the best. I wouldn't want anyone to miss out on submissions, but I think the concept is novel. Let me know if this is something you all would be interested in, or if standard 1x1 room to room progression is more your thing.

>Do you know piano?
yes
>How do you do music levels?
tap on a noteblock to change it do a pitched note block; the height determines the pitch, whilst the enemy/item you bounce off of it determines the instrument to play.
This vid is a noob-friendly guide:
youtube.com/watch?v=AkNzc4KQYlU

Things can get complicated depending on what melody you're trying to recreate though; also, if you're planning to do this in a playable level (i.e. not having just music in some auto level), then be wary of the entity cap as you'll reach it fast when sequencing music. In my case I also had to do a lot of shit with noteblocks moving on tracks to squeeze it in a vertical section I have.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Getting_Over_It_with_Bennett_Foddy
It's pretty popular and well known, made by the same dude who made QWOP

Cargo Ship Calamity
WG8-SR7-PTF
>Scour islands for POWs and stow them aboard! Look out for red coins, too...

In this level you ride a real, moving ship through the jungle, passing several islands along the way. Each island has a POW (and a red coin, which you'll need if you want the bonus), which you must grab and drop off on the ship. Be quick, or you'll be left behind!

The thread seems to be nearing its end, so I may end up reposting this in the next one, please understand if you end up seeing this another time.

Attached: 2019080315423400-BF19FBEA37724338D87F26F17A3B97B2.jpg (1280x720, 303K)

>Dance of the Duneworms was great, easily one of your best
Thanks alot. I'm surprised its been received so positively, I was on the edge of scrapping it.
>You really like bouncing on enemies over spike pits, don't you?
its fun :( I probably won't do it again for a while as I think people are tired of it in my levels.

>I probably won't do it again for a while as I think people are tired of it in my levels.
I wasn't complaining, just making an observation. Your levels are great.

thanks I think yours are great too

WSM-77G-R2G
A short level that only has 30 seconds to beat it. Have to ride the shells to make it over the spikes.