Name a more pretentious game. Pro-tip: You can't

Name a more pretentious game. Pro-tip: You can't

Attached: 220px-Video_Game_Cover_-_The_Last_of_Us.jpg (220x292, 22K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/sZwYCgNkmFY
youtu.be/b5v7NLT5fS0?t=7787
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

People on Yea Forums only claim to like this because of /pol/ redpill memes, not because it's actually good

Attached: Deus Ex (2000).jpg (800x1117, 172K)

What do I win?

Attached: Nier.jpg (957x1200, 248K)

oh yeah yeah

Attached: braid.jpg (1280x720, 579K)

mental retardation

I liked it. It was like Resident Evil but with stealth and cover shooting. Also, nothing will EVER top pic related for pretentiousness.

Attached: beginnersguide.jpg (460x215, 32K)

Attached: 33412407633414.jpg (640x480, 88K)

I really can’t.

Attached: _Bioshock_Infinite.jpg (220x312, 25K)

/thread

Attached: Dark Souls.jpg (800x1139, 157K)

Came to post this.

>game with shit gameplay
>you don't get to see the whole story until you beat it twice (or so I hear. I dropped it cause it's dogshit)
Yep, sounds about right

What about it is pretentious?

You win a (You). Faggot.

> Spamming buzzwords will make me right

As pretentious as a Game Boy puzzle game about shoving Tetronimos into weirdly shaped boxes could get.

Basically inventory management: the game, with a title and box cover that REEKS of pretentiousness (and I cannot get past stage 10 or so).

Attached: 46127_front.jpg (640x642, 72K)

> DAE religion bad?
> DAE patriotism bad?
> DAE the KKK bad?
Yup, you win this thread

You dont understand what pretentious mean

>i like playing boring games

is there really anything pretentious about the game itself, or is it more reddit/beta "game journalists" fault that marketed it? the game was a mediocre shooter with no reedeming qualities and from what i played it wasn't pretending to be anything else.
speaking of what do you call a person like druckman or anthony burch that isn't stupid buzzword shit like beta or cuck? you know, hyper effeminate dudes. badly trimmed beards that just look out of place on their faces that they only keep because they know its the only thing letting people know they're not teens, and who clearly had gay experiences in college and let everybody know.

you do realize that acting like a retard doesn't make you less retarded right autist?

>Nier is absolute dogshi-

Attached: NieR 9S Combo.webm (1280x720, 1.49M)

The game itself isn't actually bad or even SJW, unless having gay characters makes a game SJW. But Druckman's retarded quotes about how games shouldn't be fun and representation is as important as gameplay give it a bad name.

>x x x x x x x x x x x x x
>compelling gameplay

Spec ops the line, by far.
The game is literally "DO YOU FEEL LIKE A HERO YET for not being able to make any decision in your actions, so just feel bad for being railroaded into a shitty gears clone"

I love enemies that just stand there doing nothing.

Brainlet

the game is as SJW as can be, don't deny that. Every female character is the epitome of SJW

oh boy another zoomer who doesn't know what words mean

>is there really anything pretentious about the game itself, or is it more reddit/beta "game journalists" fault that marketed it?

Druck the Cuck made it, and ran everyone who worked on Uncharted and beforehand out of Naughty Dog. It's not the same Naughty Dog as it once was. Druck the Cuck took cues from Anita Sarkeesian, and worships her, to the point where he panders ONLY to Leftists, and forced Nadine into Uncharted 4 (whom NOBODY liked), turned Ellie into a butch dyke, forced the next Uncharted games to feature a female (likely another dyke), AND made Uncharted: Lost Legacy, which nobody played, and was Naughty Dog's worst selling game (and REALLY wanted Nadine and Chloe to turn into dykes, but decided not to at the last second, and once again, NOBODY likes Nadine in the slightest, and we all wanted to play as either Sam Drake or Charlie Cutter).

Druck the Cuck is a cancer. I refuse to buy The Last of Us: Part II, or Uncharted Feminist Edition. Starve the beast, and turn that onions-drinker into a laughingstock.

>I don't know what a combo is

>Every female character is the epitome of SJW
Give some examples

It's ok you like to fap to it, doesn't mean it's not a shit game.

Gow 4

David cage games

Games about "sadness"

deus ex is the opposite of pretentious, is cheesy self aware fun

Attached: 1564424768070.jpg (300x300, 20K)

stupid autistic shit
that's what it fucking is

yeah what does pretentiousness mean other than "I don't get it must be bad"

Honestly how though? The entire game revolves around Ellie needing to be protected and guided by a white man, and ends with him killing the "strong black woman" character which would never happen in a truly "SJW" game

except if you take it 100% seriously, then it becomes pretentious again

I didn't ask for a cringe meltdown you fucking obvious 17 year old autist lmao

t.

holy sweetie

You wanted an answer, you got it.

Gaming's biggest Cultural Marxist wants to ruin everything for all of us, by pandering to Leftists and degenerates.

>making a game about a white dude and his daughter is pretentious and cultural marxism
words have no meaning anymore thanks to you

the kid who you HAVE to play with and listen to, the woman introduced in the first act of the game (how can you even deny this?) that goes debt collecting with you, the firefly girl.
this is a really retarded argument and i hope it wasn't serious because this is a schizo tier summary of what a "SJW" game is

>Gaming's biggest Cultural Marxist wants to ruin everything for all of us, by pandering to Leftists and degenerates.
Kojima?

Lol, Jesus, sometimes I feel bad about my life and then I read shit like this and realize I'm doing just fine.

lets take it a step further

Attached: mgs4.jpg (220x254, 20K)

I'm pretty sure if anyone is a schizo it's you, since you're reading way to far into SJW stuff that isn't actually there.

pic unrelated the story's pretty good

Attached: patho2.jpg (329x153, 9K)

It was trying to take itself too seriously when the game was plagued with laughable AI and partner mechanics. The game was a fucking joke

I love this game. Mostly gameplay wise, but with Bioshock being in my top 3 favourite games it was easy for me to immerse myself in it. After finishing it and taking a step back I saw that there were some serious holes in it.

If any fromsoft game is pretentious it would have to be bloodborne.

You mean a bratty foul mouthed teenager who had the cure and could have saved the world, instead decides to swap spit with several girls she meets, because us men would LOVE to play as a foul-mouthed teenaged butch dyke who has no redeeming qualities.

that's literally exactly what I said to and you fucking idiot.

so what you meant to say was "if the character isn't literally me, it's sjw and cultural marxism"?

Literally nothing of what he said is a lie retard, Gayman singlehandlely fuck over ND with leftie shit, originally Nathan was going to have a male son who would carry the franchise, but Neil changed to a woman becuase of his agenda, un fact the faggot has been on record saying he always put his agenda in all of his games,
Fucking the last of us E3 trailer is more than enough to know he is all what's wrong with ND this days
youtu.be/sZwYCgNkmFY
ND devs have a fucking meltdown about this video too

to be fair that's almost any game, as soon as anyone takes a game 100% seriously then it becomes cringey and pretentious.

> t. didn't play the game
She literally wanted to give the cure and save the world. Joel was the one who lied to her to keep her from sacrificing herself.

yeah fair point. I sure wish some of our younger users here would take that to heart.

Have sex

I played the game on PS4.

One playthrough was enough. I got disgusted at that kiss in the Left Behind DLC.

The game was mediocre at best. Shame, because I was actually looking forward to playing it since I never owned a PS3.

adj.
Claiming that or behaving as if one is important or deserving of merit when such is not the case.
adj.
Showing or betraying an attitude of superiority.
adj.
Marked by an extravagant or presumptuous outward show; ostentatious: synonym: showy.

It seems a lot of you faggots need to learn the meaning of words, pretentious does not mean a game that has a lot of praise that you don't personally like.

Attached: 1440877192704.jpg (387x461, 31K)

The Last of Us wasn't pretentious at all really.

Attached: gone homo.png (1280x720, 1.07M)

>dictionaryfag
fuck off

Any answer that isn't an indie game is wrong. Not because indies are inherently pretentious, but because larger corporate products tend to water down and compromise on the unbridled artistic fuckery that indies embrace.

It's why even the best indies have weird jank in 'em. Pros and cons.

this

Yes it was.

10/10's across the board for a mediocre zombie movie.

I can't

in what way is tlou pretentious? it literally isnt
try rdr2

Wrong
This fag is right

>RDR2
>Pretentious
Weak bait.

Attached: Just you left.jpg (1280x720, 82K)

undertale

that's not what pretentious means though

It was the gaming version of an Oscar Bait

most pretentious game ever made

Not really. It was just a straightforward action game with good writing.

Attached: her story.jpg (460x215, 27K)

>Make simple survival horror with simple story
>Have top of the industry execution
>Get called pretentious by braindead Yea Forumsirgins who doesn't know what the word even means.

Which is weird because its pro government

YIIK.

Does pretentious just mean 'thing I don't like'?

It's Bloodborne if you're going to post souls

I was scanning through the thread and was about to be royally pissed that Yea Forums of all places didn't take the easiest fucking shot at YIIK. I'm still mad that it took 80 posts.

Are there any mobs in hack and slash games that actually can tech out from being combo'd or is that idea just faulty game design?

2deep4u nonsense
kojima games are a good example

>Bloodborne is pretentiou-

Attached: Bloodborne Cinegrid 5.jpg (3264x2238, 3.39M)

Who is the anti-Kojima then?

Pretentious is, in layman's terms, talking out of your ass. More accurately, it's asserting competence or knowledge on a subject beyond one's capacity but basically it's a fancy word for talking out of your ass.

Mikami

>Mikami
We'll see with GhostWire: Tokyo

GRIS

Attached: H2x1_NSwitchDS_Ikaruga_image1600w.jpg (1600x800, 247K)

You take that back, motherfucker.

Wow... this game.... is deep

Jesus christ. The game is literally two turbo autists who cant communicate with each other while jacking each others dicks off.

this
>an enemy escaping out of a combo through no fault of the player is good
DMC1 and 3 are great because you can't combo everything like this, and you have to isolate an enemy in order to do this or else another enemy will attack you and ruin your combo. however even some of the most dangerous enemies are pathetic when they're alone youtu.be/b5v7NLT5fS0?t=7787
watch until 2:11:56
name a better solution without watering down the depth, it has to be something that's consistent and makes sense instead of random. it is possible to do I just want you to understand why it is that way
it was overrated but wasn't too pretentious
I think the creators are a little pretentious and maybe the 2nd game will be

How the fuck has no one mentioned The Witness yet?

Motherfucking INSIDE
I liked it but it's head was far up it's own ass with it's minimalism and social commentary

Literally anything the fraud David Cage makes

The rifle looks good on her. It's so much better than that crossbow garbage the inferior medium with no interaction keeps pushing on females.

Destiny

Ellie should be in smash bros.

Attached: the_last_of_us_ps4_.jpg (854x480, 55K)

The game itself isn't pretentious at all. It's just extremely, exceedingly generic post apoc zambee shit that hits every overdone plot element in that genre. It's the epitome of schlock.

The pretension comes from its reception.

>laughable AI and partner mechanics
name games that do it better

Republic Commando

So when everyone's done posting popular games you don't like, how about some actually pretentious games, like YIIK, The Graveyard or Sunset?

Does OFF qualify, it's a good game but it's also baby's first symbolism without much depth

Not if you left them to their own devices. If you ordered them around to specified spots, sort of. But the AI in tlou or bioshock is never told what to do.

That's why it's good, because I'm in control of them. Why the fuck do I want the AI to retardedly guess what I want. Telling them is so much better

Having a dynamic AI partner smash someone over the head with a brick so you can run up and lead pipe them in the face is pretty fun. Or being in the heat of battle and your waifu tossing you a new mag is pretty satisfying. Telling the AI stuck on a wall spamming the rally command from different angles to unstuck them is meh.

But that's the AI playing the game for me, taking control to show off it's dick. I'm in control when I point at an enemy and tell my boys to ice someone.

Theres definitely merit to having control. I wonder if part of it had to do with the setting though. Issuing commands to ellie without some walkie talkie type shit wouldnt make sense cause of all the sneaking from clickers and lack of batteries. Like you tell her or someone to cover you on the other side of the room full of clickers how would you issue the next command? unless you start waving around trying to get their attention and use sign language to issue the next command. And it just working through mind control would take the realism illusion away harder than the AI sneaking directly infront of an enemy.

Attached: 1563932174955.png (625x626, 83K)

I liked Morrowind but Jesus did Yea Forums hype it up to be something

Attached: 519354-the-elder-scrolls-iii-morrowind-windows-manual.jpg (800x1122, 266K)

its reception was pretentious, the game itself was good. You can try and claim that theres a better MP mode that TLoU survival but you'd be wrong.

>If I feign ignorance I can enjoy the turds that the keep shoving down my throat !

It wasn't really pretentious. Or at the very least whatever pretentiousness it had is completely eclipsed by Last of Us 2 even before it's released. If it's ever released.

You are right but you are using reactionary language.
Just call it by its name. Non white California mudslinging on white mans culture and commons.

genuine question : what do you have against fan service ?

Attached: 32608972_969323569903114_387384403464028160_o.jpg (2022x1300, 545K)

You fell for the bait kid.
The devil is in the details (and the dlc)

Final fantasy 7
Majoras Mask
Dark Souls
Chrono Trigger
Quake
World of Warcraft

It's literally David Cage tier at times

Attached: the-last-of-us-part-2.jpg (1600x900, 154K)

That was easy

Attached: 1410076262678319905.png (636x358, 378K)

Pretentious is exactly the term I'd use as well.
Because this game isn't doing anything new or even well.

>Story
Its literally movie and TV tropes that are several decades old, including things that those mediums don't even care for anymore like "man protecting the special child". The whole story, all side characters they meet along the way, all events, they're all typical by-the-book tropes.
In doesnt even deviate ONCE, thats how safe they're trying to play it.

>Gameplay
Its basically the same as Uncharted, where you have a core of elements that get repeated. Like shooting-climbing-puzzling in Uncharted for example.
The problem is, Uncharted at least keeps it dynamic. TLOU on the other hand just throws you into the same situation over and over again. Most of the time its just stealth until the point where the game automatically escalates. Especially the dynamic elements of things moving around you are missing.
I can see why they didnt wanna make it as dynamic to keep the focus on the story, but it doesnt help the game.

Ultimately its been outdated when it already came out, and journos have just been praising it because a) they have no idea how outchewed those tropes actually were because they're too young, or b) they only praised it for being the first videogame to bundle all those tropes together for that "cinematic" experience even though as a movie, it wouldn't even reach b-movie tier.

Thomas Was Alone, you retard.

kek

Attached: Nope.png (180x102, 33K)

Attached: deep learning technology.jpg (1024x576, 167K)

Hurr durr IT’S ABOUT CONNECTIONS AND BREAKING DOWN BORDERS. PLS JEWLLYWOOD LOVE ME.

Attached: 0405A8DA-CDC4-4896-97BD-890BA072E08C.jpg (180x280, 9K)

Attached: Playtesters.jpg (1280x1024, 264K)

Ugly tattoo

There was absolutely nothing pretentious about Last of Us. It was an incredibly straightforward story. Don't use words you don't know the meaning of.

this

All those are good games to play

this still pisses me off. did they hire a literal fuckin downie to test this shit?
>hurr. i went right last time
>letsa do it again!
>hm. another fork in the road. lets turn right!

Attached: 1564400432567.png (200x300, 28K)

i like the gameplay, and i only got into it last year

pretentiousness: the game
aka: style over substance

Attached: Persona 5.jpg (600x800, 83K)

GODHAND enemies can block while you attack them and if you dont use a guard break they stun you for a second, in which you can get hit by them or other enemies around, unless you evade correctly

Attached: 1562721812175.webm (1112x694, 2.79M)

Based Kojima making brainlets seethe.

Is the game itself pretentious or just the developer?

Pretentious doesn’t mean style over substance faggot. If it was using the “style” to PRETEND it is deeper than it actually is it is pretentious. You can argue that Persona 5 uses religious themes to try to be more narratively complex which makes it pretentious.

Not really though. The game itself doesn't actually take itself that seriously if you're paying attention. It's just dumb youtubers that give it that reputation.

do you even know what the word means or do you just post those screencaps every time you see something that looks like it might be criticism?

Easy.

Attached: 668c29a416dba4a030547179927b8d8abf3bc473fa642c743f05020480598180_product_card_v2_mobile_slider_639[1 (639x361, 28K)

Exactly. It means pretending to be deep and meaningful while actually being trite and way up your own asshole. Tends to impress people eager for edginess but without having any real-world experience to give perspective.

>"No John, you ARE the demons!"
>And then john was a nuclear bomb allegory
Congrats, you win.

This too. The game itself isn't terrible, but I hate it for what it could have been and how everybody jerks off to its broken story.

Sarah thread?

Literally any Kojima game

easy win

One of the worst games I've ever played in my entire life, truly suffering.

What's Joel pointing at?

this, most pretentious cringe-inducing indie garbage to exist

Attached: file.png (1200x675, 978K)

How the fuck is Chrono Trigger and FF7 pretentious?

it's both, actually.

Spec ops. Using meta narratives doesn't mean your stuff us deep, and it fails at using gameplay in a meaningful way

Pretentious is denoted as conceit brought about from invested pride and characterized by overconfidence.

GoW 2018

>Thing I don't like is pretentious thread

Every single Nintendo game.

what does partner AI has to do with story and atmosphere? Are you retarded?

wait a minute that card

and a fag

The story was shit and yet everyone pretended it was some Shakespearean masterpiece.

Attached: life-is-strange-ps31-10fbaf9e4a4a2197ad15124439353596-640-0.jpg (640x788, 131K)

Edith Finch and Gone Home

You're the type of fuck who watches anime with no substance just because it looks good

this, not the story but the "game""play"