ONE AT A TIME
READY TO PLAY

I CAN'T SEE THEM ANYWAY

Attached: h2.png (1274x714, 647K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=pM9yqsWBJaE
youtube.com/watch?v=JqHXhkasWLM
youtube.com/watch?v=pkjAvSJYESk
eurogamer.net/articles/2014-10-07-halo-2-anniversary-campaign-isnt-quite-1080p-microsoft-confirms
youtube.com/watch?v=8F7OgOCzph4&t=31m7s
youtube.com/watch?v=Y9iQiHNXgMU
youtu.be/DNWaJU8nNno
youtube.com/watch?v=T9Ezd2FqxAU
youtube.com/watch?v=uXcWxw7UHME
youtu.be/TkYQOz-egQw
youtu.be/DSkLrr7gzOI
youtu.be/--0w0JQmId8
youtube.com/watch?v=FplAPEhUM1U
youtu.be/LVsn4BjK6Jk
youtu.be/f86GM-17s-g
youtu.be/g4KcFG4LpcA
youtube.com/watch?v=iNhfuhiveUM
youtube.com/watch?v=BfePwIuGxwo
youtube.com/watch?v=OhIVxpQ-cIg
youtube.com/watch?v=tdGJQ7qY2mU
youtube.com/watch?v=_mo0xxiTztc
youtu.be/S3tSN3L5InQ?t=404
youtu.be/32wp-gaRX8Q?t=571
youtubemultiplier.com/5d454f3b65ef3-look-at-this-dude-didact-awakens.php
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I still have this saved from 2010-2011ish

Attached: bungie01_1920.jpg (1920x1280, 222K)

Here was another from their site before the 2013 B.lind update.

Attached: NuQel.jpg (1920x1200, 302K)

When the hell is this actually coming out? Seems like it was announced forever ago and not even the first one is coming out yet. Are they all gonna take this long? At this rate Final Fantasy 7 Remake part 2 will be out on PC before all the Halo games are

NO TIME TO LOSE
WE'VE GOT TO MOVE
STEADY YOUR HAND
(I AM LOSING SIGHT AGAIN)

Attached: 1538623826877.jpg (1600x900, 237K)

Nobody knows. It could be just Reach that is taking an unusual amount of time, since every other game is already on Xbone. They failed on their goal to have the second flight out by the end of July, things aren't looking great but hopefully we can get some flights early this month.

That was my fucking jam back in the day.

Attached: 857945.gif (400x300, 1.83M)

scrawny splitjaws

Attached: 1564545819337.jpg (1191x670, 93K)

ONLY THE STRONGEST WILL SURVIVE

Attached: 3E8C8C82-8B2A-41EC-B907-B0258F349E3E.jpg (480x360, 51K)

They just updated the Waypoint MCC dev blog. Added ultrawide support for Reach.

Attached: ultrawidecloseui-1120-8794f873f18d40be8442d6f57df5358b.jpg (1120x840, 204K)

Crap, I didn't see that. Very nice. Did they figure out how to fix the high FOV viewmodel yet?

I'm having different people at other Outposts present for the signings. They're targeting the same 343i employees first.

Attached: DJblue.jpg (4032x3024, 3.8M)

nothing on that yet
they're debugging some shit as it comes up, mainly object and physics related

for fucks sake you absolute madlad
post the other signing pic

This?

Attached: frank o connor.jpg (782x598, 78K)

if a bunch of nerds using a hacked together russian variant of the halo 3 odst engine can figure out how to decouple the view models and fov, im pretty sure developers with access to the source code can do it.
but this is 343i we're talking about so god only knows what will happen.

ske7ch today

Attached: Ske7ch 2.jpg (1440x1920, 2.43M)

Said nerds are also allegedly now working with 343.
They really should give them all the tools and money necessary to make a functional product.

Do you pay people to give them the art to sign it?

Is Halo 2 the most quotable in the series?

Attached: Halo Story.jpg (680x781, 71K)

No, I have a good number of people that are willing to contribute. Pic related will be next in Texas.

Attached: .png (2832x2196, 1.37M)

i'd say so. most of the random quotes i remember are from 2.

They aren't working at 343, or even for them at the moment. They're just on standby as advisors for mod support.

The entire Gravemind scene was a 10/10 for video game dialogue.

then MS and 343 are retarded, nothing new here and fuck me for getting my hopes up

It kinda had to be by nature. If you're going to humanize the previously mysterious and terrifying aliens you need to go all out on the exposition. Now, I would have preferred they kept the mystery a bit longer, but for what they decided to do they did well.

just play it on xbox you broke ass motherfucker. its 60fps 4K, so you literally have no excuse.

unless you can’t into gamepads, in which case lol stick to minesweeper

this better fucking come out before I die for fuck's sake

I hope the hardware requirements aren't too high either, it doesn't make sense that I'd need a super fast machine to play ports of 10 year old games, but this is 343 we're talking about

>Just one question... what if you miss?
>I won't.
return to sender is one of the best cutscenes in the entire series.

>Nonsense plot requires books (Forerunner Trilogy and Kilo-Five Trilogy) to even understand
>Greg Bear's The Forerunner trilogy set up all that great lore then 343 pissed it away. While serving to demystify the Forerunners and Flood, the Forerunners are salvaged by the descriptions and worldbuilding of their civilization, and the Flood are turned into terrifying cosmic horrors beyond what even the games suggested
>Karen Traviss completely butchered her trilogy. Makes sense why Halo 4's and 5's story is so bad considering the Traviss books lead into 4 and 5
>She has super genius Dr Halsey, the Mother of the S-II program, think it would be a great idea to get into an argument with, and draw a gun on a S-III with the intent to threaten and/or possibly actually shoot the S-III.
>Enemy encounters are repetitive and annoying (crawlers and any type of "swarmer" enemy) (Every fight against knights follows the exact same formula: kill the watcher, then the bigger bionicle)
>Enemy AI isn't as credible or impressive as previous games.
>Painfully linear except for the beginning of REQUIEM and that one pelican section (Scorpion segment is a big corridor, Mantis segment is a big corridor, except when defending a certain area)
>Halo 4 should have invoked the completely alien feeling of CE, with Mendicant Bias sending Chief to his creators at the end of Halo 3. We knew NOTHING about the Forerunners, they could have got so fucking weird and new with the lore and the designs and yet we get robots
>the whole point of forerunner was that no one really knew it's purpose or how to harness it
>Halo 4 armor being explained as 'nanomachines'
>Forerunner weapons are just human weapons with different skins and less satisfying to use
>Human weapons are the most fun to use, but barely get any ammo
>Art style that screams "overdesigned" by Kenneth Scott
>Halo 4: Rebuilding an Icon ViDoc

youtube.com/watch?v=pM9yqsWBJaE

Say something nice about Halo 4

Why say when I can show?

Attached: cortbig.jpg (4500x6000, 3.11M)

>halo 2 is almost 15 years old

>Say something nice about Halo 4
cortana is hot in this one

didn't they fire/get rid of all the leads in charge of 4/5?

>its 60fps
With frequent drops or stuttering.
>4K
1328x1080 isn't 4k. It isn't even proper 1080p.

i played the first reach flight on an 3570k and a gtx 680 and never had a single fps drop. halo 2 anniversary will probably be the most 'intensive' one to run.

I think Brian Reed and the Republic Commando guy were the only cullings

>halo macworld was 20 years ago.
god damn i still have the magazines about it somewhere

"I am the monument to all your sins" is one of my favorite random game quotes, but I have no idea how it's actually relevant in context.

Attached: alpha protocol.jpg (600x302, 16K)

i actually really enjoyed 4
>music is great
>no flood
>cortana keeps your dick erect the whole time
>smooth ass gameplay coming from 3
>somewhat interesting story

DEAR HUMANITY,
WE REGRET BEING ALIEN BASTARDS
WE REGRET COMING TO EARTH
AND WE MOST CERTAINLY REGRET THAT THE CORPS JUST BLEW UP OUR RAGGEDY-ASS FLEET

I remember the whole game jesus it's been so long

>tfw long time Halo fan
>Most of Halo 2's writing and lore fleshing out was done by Joseph Staten, who alongside Eric Nylund, basically invented the entirety of Halo lore.
>Bungie lost their soul with Marty and Joe Staten.
>see the canon be destroyed and raped into a ditch by 343i
>Greg Bear's The Forerunner trilogy set up all that great lore then 343 pissed it away. The Librarian cut scene itself is a good example. Rather then just gradually introducing that information, it dumps it on the player and the explanation they give for what a Geas is is so poor it's no wonder people wrongly think John-117 is a chosen one
>Karen Traviss completely butchered her trilogy. Makes sense why Halo 4's and 5's story is so bad considering the Traviss books lead into 4 and 5. Dealing with the aftermath of the war is super fucking interesting. Unfortunately it's just a vehicle for retconning shit from halo 2-3 and setting up halo 4.
>She has super genius Dr Halsey, the Mother of the S-II program, think it would be a great idea to get into an argument with, and draw a gun on a S-III with the intent to threaten and/or possibly actually shoot the S-III.
>343i has the UNSC bounce back in less then 10 years and comes up with like 4 series of brand new galactic threats to deal with, because they need to justify conflict somehow
>343i have been trying to replace Master Chief since Halo 4. Palmer was the first candidate and she failed, Locke was the second attempt and failed. Fireteam Osiris screamed "diversity team with an old face plastered on to force people to like them"
>Frank O'Connor or Frankie, is literally a member of Resetera and regularly posts tons of self-hating anti-white garbage. Frankie also confirms he wrote most of the story and script for Halo: Reach
>343i only cares about the esport scene
>tfw can at least take pleasure in the fact that no matter where the series goes it can't be as bad as GOT

Attached: 1558474968420.jpg (1440x2560, 325K)

youtube.com/watch?v=JqHXhkasWLM

Hoorah.

>Halo 4 armor being explained as nanomachines
>game starts with Halsey interview that shows all the S2's wearing the ugly nu-MK VI when they would be wearing MK IV or V at the latest
>Chief's armor is still clearly battle damaged

Attached: Wallpaper_halo_wars_08_2560x1600-cuting.jpg (1271x1526, 530K)

I wonder if Jobs went to his grave believing Bungie backstabbed him after Halo took off

>>music is great
Literally only one track is decent.
>no flood
BETA MALE
>cortana keeps your dick erect the whole time
Fair enough.
>somewhat interesting story
Only if you interpret the incomprehensible as interesting.

>Relax, I'd rather not piss this thing off.
i've always kinda wondered what would be going on in the chiefs mind at this point. he probably thought he was fucked.

According to Max Hoberman, it was never running on the Mac.

thank fucking god, all I have on hand is a 6400 and an RX460

You very obviously haven't played the game on a One X.
>With frequent drops or stuttering.
As a traditional PC guy, literally no perceivable drops I could tell from the all the games I played on the collection.
>1328x1080 isn't 4k. It isn't even proper 1080p.
Actually, all games on the collection run at native 4K.

>The realization that this one badass line was probably the inspiration for 343i to completely ruin Halo lore by making humans the ancient creators of the Flood

Attached: ruptured soul.jpg (750x440, 82K)

The art director too, who them did Doom 2016 before getting replaced on the sequel there

Why the FUCK did all the post-3 games cut out levels where you can just round up two dozen or so Marines, herd them into a cool battleground against a full platoon of Covenant, and sit out of reach so you can watch AI vs AI rumbles, and then go back in Theater mode to catch all the cool interactions you missed the first time? That was my favorite thing to do in 3.

Attached: (You).png (499x625, 232K)

Yeah, besides skyboxes, art direction for 4 and 5 was fucking abyssal.

Attached: 1506216682925.jpg (3500x2083, 2.58M)

>Reclaimer, did you ever hear of the tragedy of The IsoDidact,[4] also known simply as the Didact or more specifically as the Bornstellar Didact? Bornstellar was an alternate incarnation of the Forerunner Promethean supreme commander known as the Didact. Originally a young Manipular known as Bornstellar Makes Eternal Lasting or simply Bornstellar, he was transformed into a "copy" of the Didact after being imprinted with the latter's consciousness and memories, taking on the original Didact's identity and role of supreme commander of Forerunner war efforts against the Flood in the ongoing Forerunner-Flood war. The IsoDidact intended to serve as a replacement for the Didact, who was at the time believed to have been executed by Master Builder Faber. The "IsoDidact" moniker was adopted to differentiate the copy from the original Didact, who was subsequently identified as the Ur-Didact.[4] The Ur-Didact's madness-induced actions near the end of the war led to his imprisonment for the next 100,000 years, leaving the IsoDidact to lead the Warrior-Servants for the final days of the war. He was also the individual responsible for activating the Halo Array at the close of the Flood conflict.[5] Following the firing of the Array, the IsoDidact gradually distanced himself from his Didact persona, being more frequently referred to as Bornstellar-Makes-Eternal-Lasting once again.[6][7] Ironic, he could save all life in the galaxy, but not himself.

> You, Reclaimer, are a reincarnated version of the Iso-Didact, Bornstellar.

>>Also reclaimer, did I ever tell you about the Iso-didact's (the Forerunner you are a reincarnation of) best friend? He was a prehistoric human named Chakas, and he helped save the entire Galaxy. His mind was then harvested and turned into an AI named 343 guilty spark. That's me!

Attached: 1538170702376.jpg (300x322, 8K)

>this one is machine and nerve, and has its mind concluded. this one is but flesh and faith, and is the more deluded

Attached: 244.jpg (921x706, 133K)

Performance.

I enjoyed the campaign for what it was.

I like her USB port bellybutton.

It's got a mech

To be fair, it's just emulating what Staten did in Halo 2. Bunch up a set of one-liners and build a plot around them. The difference being he's actually a decent story-teller and not overly ambitious.

MCC when you absolute niggers there's literally nothing to play HOLY SHIT

>343i has the UNSC bounce back in less then 10 years
Who thought this was a good idea?
Humanity was on the brink of extinction after Halo 3

Halo 5 was so bad, it made 4 passable by comparison.

Attached: cortclassic.png (575x611, 538K)

I thought those were Jones' quotes

>343 gs wasnt just a forerunner ai whose primary function was to monitor installation 04 that went batshit over 100k years
>also turns out he was never killed in halo 3
did anyone really want to know that 343gs was some human faggot at some stage? or that the master chief failed to push his shit in after he killed johnson?

>also i'm still alive and may or may not be banging Sgt. Forge's daughter on the regular hmmmmhmmmmmm

Attached: 1563496215798.jpg (1120x1771, 177K)

>>never killed in halo 3
where did they explain this? and what happened after halo 3?

W H E N

>this ones """"containment""""
>*growl of utter disgust*

seeing this dredged up old memories of an ancient pic of Cortana, like, hiding the key somewhere on her and teasing 343 with it?

if the reach grenade launcher wasnt there i honestly wouldn't be able to tell if that was halo art.

Apparently he's still in the Forerunner internet or something. Can't really recall it

>That fucking attention to detail
>Gravemind speaks in trochaic heptameter
>remarkably consistent through out the cutscene
>even in the main quote each sentence is 14 syllables
[This] [one] [is] [ma] [chine] [and] [nerve]
[and] [has] [it's] [mind] [con] [clu] [ded].
[This] [one] [Is] [but] [flesh] [and] [faith] [and] [is] [the] [more] [de] [lu] [ded].

>This fanfic tier shit

Attached: rage.jpg (902x959, 316K)

This fucking nigger started a dogpile of NeoFAGgots calling me a racist for saying we should wait for details before condemning the cop in the Michael Brown case (Ferguson chimpout) as an evil nazi slayer of innocent blacks. His handle was Stinkle if memory serves. I'm willing to bet the exchange still exists.

Cheeky

Attached: Untitled.png (1085x1441, 1.89M)

And they think Halo is for dudebros. lol

Most of the games are at least 10 years old, my 1080 and i5 can handle it just fine

Attached: when Halo is on PC.jpg (1136x640, 193K)

holy shit i somehow never made the connection between "containment" and that growl he made. seems so obvious that he'd be disgusted about that idea.

Think you’re reading into the pacing too much. He doesn’t take a break before “the more deluded”

PC WHEN

(non-origin or whatever the fuck)

Sir, request permission to leave the station.

For what purpose, Master Chief?

To give the Covenant back their bomb

I like how the first question wasn't "are you abandoning your post?"

I was convinced they wanted to kill chief in 5 and have him replaced by Locke mid campaign. It would explain the ratio of campaign missions

my man, i fucking love the marines.

It's a gorgeous game to look at. I remember the midnight launch and the demo there made me think there was a live action intro cut scene

As much as I like the MOMMY cortana design I still miss the 80s cyberpunk hacker look of the original Cortana.

>Sir, request permission to leave the station.
>For what purpose, Master Chief?
>To give the Covenant back their bomb.

Followed by:

>For a brick, he flew pretty good!

One of my favorite exchanges in vidya

woosh

They're handling reach in a retarded way. They want to add fucking Unreal 4 to MCC for character customization but are running out of memory.

>xbone is a powerful machine, we swear

But it is a complete sentence. Although I can see what you're saying.

Spartan, have I ever told you about Prelates? Prelates were genetically enhanced San'Shyuum trained to serve as supersoldiers for the Covenant. Most Prelates were killed during the Battle of Installation 05, with the exception of Tem'Bhetek.[1] The augmentations provided to Prelates were developed in the Sacred Promissory of High Charity and included genetic, physical, and chemical changes, as well as suits of highly advanced powered armor and intensive combat training. Prelates were capable of releasing chemicals into their bodies to enhance their combat abilities, or to attempt to control their consciousness, as Tem had done before to attempt to stay asleep and continue exploring the traumatic dream brought about by the Flood's assault on High Charity.

Prelate armor included an anti-gravity belt that could be used to quickly propel themselves in various directions, or allow them to engage in limited flight. The armor also included a gauntlet made of hard light, which when activated produced a crescent blade on the forearm, as well as a shield of hard light to deflect shots that managed to connect with the highly mobile Prelate. Prelates were considered formidable foes, powerful enough to give even us veteran Sangheili pause.

The augmentations given to the Prelates were not without risks, however. Prelate abilities were expected to be used in short bursts; pushing their bodies too far could cause sudden exhaustion, seizures, and—in rare cases—death.

Attached: 1539275665636.jpg (1013x789, 116K)

The Mantis is everything wrong with western mech design rolled into one machine. I'm not a "muh grorious nippon" fanboy by any means but it's the best way to describe that turd.

>It's a gorgeous game to look at. I remember the midnight launch and the demo there made me think there was a live action intro cut scene

How was the Halo 4 multiplayer on launch?

You better be making this shit up.

Unavailable, but I was more concerned with campaign at the time.
After I finished the campaign I did try out the multiplayer, it was good but then the quality dragged down tremendously.
By 2014 I wanted nothing to do with it anymore and DOTA 2 at the time was more enticing

It's 4 (5?) of the same shitfest of an engine copied and pasted over one another, I can't blame the console for this. MCC is a massive house of cards held together badly, and the cards were all frayed to begin with.

>I know what you're thinking and it's crazy.
>So? Stay here.
>Unfortunately for us both, I like crazy.
every line in that cutscene is 10/10.

DUDE RAINBOW REFLECTIONS OFF OF EVERY LIGHT LMAO

it's a reddit prequel meme

>MISSION OBJECTIVE: STOP DESTRUCTION OF HUMAN RACE
>IN PROGRESS

More like
>Holy fuck is Halesy being played by an actor?
youtube.com/watch?v=pkjAvSJYESk

Attached: cortana chan.gif (500x320, 137K)

>literally no perceivable drops I could tell from the all the games I played on the collection
Open your fucking eyes then.
>Actually, all games on the collection run at native 4K
>he thinks default upscaling is 'native 4k'
Wew lad.
Also: eurogamer.net/articles/2014-10-07-halo-2-anniversary-campaign-isnt-quite-1080p-microsoft-confirms

Man I remember the hype for 5. People were so ready to give nuHalo one last chance and the marketing was so fucking good. Amazing how it was so disappointing.

>halo 1's ending was silent because it is space with only the soundtrack playing
>halo anniversary adds a bunch of explosion noises to it
i think im autistic because of how this bothers me.

I am extremely cautious of heavy marketing. Remember how hard Anthem was shilled before release? It's like they think blowing more money on ads will save their sales.

this cutscene was so close to being perfect, but blur getting lazy and reusing models just drags it down too much

Blur did a fantastic job with Halo 2A though

>With respect, what the hell sort of reinforcement have you got?
that trailer was the absolute hypest shit for me when i was younger.

Is... Is this shit real?

quick rundown on the monitorpill:
>343 Guilty Spark is actually an ancient human named Chakas, imprinted by the Librarian's GEAS to free her husband, the Didact, from his CRYPTUM
>also imprinted with the composed essence past humans, eventually primarily possessed by Forthencho, Lord of Admirals, who lead the campaign against the UrDidact in the human-covenant war
>but Forthencho is later composed out of him by Mendicant Bias to great physical turmoil, but then he's rescued by the IsoDidact who shuts down Mendicant Bias and composes Chakas, placing him in a monitor and sending him to installation 07
>the reason Guilty Spark never talks about any of this shit is because his memory was compartmentalized to protect against the logic plague
>later, his destroyed body is recovered by a science team who repair him and question his Chakas personality on the UNSC Rubicon
>he takes control of the ship and crew in order to go find the Librarian, crashing it on Geranos-a
>he is discovered by the Ace of Spades salvage crew run by Rion Forge, daughter of John Forge
>he leads them to a secret Forerunner base on Mount Killimanjaro, which they raid and find an imprint of the Librarian, who tells him that his true friends were the people he met along the way

Spark being human is at least. Don't remember the rest. And yet people say that having halo end at 3 lacks "closure". I say the master chief is dead, and that was the end.

they're pretty yes, but they fucked around with a lot of shit needlessly.
>original intro cutscene the brutes back off because the arbiter flexed at them
>in the remake he gets pushed around by the brutes and makes generic elite noises

Is a Covenant Spartan really that canon breaking? It's been mentioned before SanShyuum were the most similar species to humans.

Halo anniversary is the literal embodiment of the soul v soulless meme

>Blur did a fantastic job with Halo 2A though
>Phantoms were backwards
youtube.com/watch?v=8F7OgOCzph4&t=31m7s
Oh no no no

Halo 4 was a letdown, but the E3 trailer was elder god tier.
youtube.com/watch?v=Y9iQiHNXgMU

Attached: das it.jpg (363x333, 49K)

Everything about Halo 3 seemed so warm. The shaders, the warm glow of the sun coming down onto the surrounding African plains. The way light reflects off of the walls and armors of the convenant. And especially the music.
0:10 to 0:50 of this video is just unfucking unbelievable.
youtu.be/DNWaJU8nNno

What the FUCK went so right?

Attached: halo-3.jpg (1280x720, 54K)

Set Halo 4 in 2662 instead of literally fucking weeks afterward and you fix most of the plot problems
>Time for the Infinity to be built and humanity to rebuild
>Spartans have deteriorated into the IVs after a century of relative peace; they're powerful and safer to produce, sure, but they aren't honed by war and are essentially juiced-up jocks that will only be forged into heroes by this new crisis.
>The UNSC has moved on and has lost sight of just how much its survival is owed to the Master Chief, which is why Palmer (culmination of everything wrong with S-IVs) and the officer aboard the Infinity have no respect for the Chief and believe he doesn't know dick about shit.
>Time for Sangheili culture to diverge, the Arbiter to consolidate power, and splinter factions to develop and attempt to refound their mistaken ideals of a New Covenant, because they've forgotten the events of the first 3 games.
>Replace Lasky with the original's grandson, who grew up hearing stories of the Chief and is willing to take a chance on him and believe in his grandpa's hero.

>Covenant has their own supersoldiers
>we never see them in any Halo game
>not on 2 Halo rings
>not in the invasion of Earth
>not protecting the hierarchs in their holy city
>not in the Covenant's attempt to capture an entire fleet of Forerunner ships
>not on the Ark, where it was the last chance for the Covenant to being the Great Journey
It's a little fucking retarded, don't you think?

yeah but muh cortana lifespan

youtube.com/watch?v=T9Ezd2FqxAU
i cant listen to that track without picturing the entire e3 2006 trailer in my mind

Her persisting for a century in a prolonged hibernation cycle, barely clinging to sanity by focusing on John's survival is a huge stretch but WAY less retarded than what 4 did.

Gonna sound like a huge faggot but Halo 3 had such a poetic feel to it.

I've played Halo 3 recently and my God that game has aged beautifully

Just have her die.

eh, it's not better than 2 and 3's announcement trailers and Reach's VGA trailer

>Gonna sound like a huge faggot but Halo 3 had such a poetic feel to it.

Explain?

God tier menu screen.

>the demon literally teleports into the council chamber while they are giving a speech
>nah we better not send our supersoldiers out to deal with him. retarded mongo apes will do the job.
more than a little bit retarded i reckon

I think it was a couple years but yeah, a big timeskip would fix a lot.

Jesus, it would even explain why all the similar-named weapons and vehicles look so different. It would fix almost EVERYTHING not related to the Forerunners that was shit about the game we actually got. How did they not think to do this?

Attached: sad.jpg (322x339, 18K)

>The expanded universe can't be expanded further than what's depicted in the games.

I am all for calling out 343i's retarded shit when they do it, but without the EU creating new story on the side we wouldn't stuff like Dr Halsey, Spartan IIIs or ODSTs.

I still have these from the ODST reveal countdown that ended in them releasing a stement saying that they couldn't reveal the fucking game and we had to wait another month or whatever.

Attached: eos93kdjig.jpg (1920x1200, 747K)

>the Flood, ruined
>the Forerunners, ruined
>Humanity, turned into special snowflakes singled out by God to uphold "The Mantle of Responsibility" a.k.a interfere with natural evolution and competitive conflict by sheltering species in a galaxy-spanning nature preserve
>later devolved by the Forerunners and turned into their lab rats and puppets, genetically coded with impulsive commands and the tortured machine ghost souls of our ancestors in order to find a cure that never existed
If you like Greg Bear's novels, or worse, Kilo-5, please neck yourself.

I have never witnessed such a thorough dismantling of a series in my life, I genuinely can't think of another case. Everything 343i inherited in terms of art, writing, and music was changed/retconned, often needlessly and for the worse. You'd think they thought Halo was irredeemable trash that had to be totally re-hauled in order to find an audience, instead of one of the most popular IPs on the Xbox. Only now are they seemingly backtracking, by their third fucking game, in what is likely a case of too little too late if not another series of lies like their marketing for Halo 5.

Attached: Grunt_Storm_face.jpg (640x578, 106K)

im very vaguely remembering something, but didnt halsey experiment with slipspace time dilation and an ai? it went rampant but didnt die then became extremely smart.
im probably merging 4 different short stories in my mind.

The funny thing is that the games had never mentioned an AI's lifecycle before 4. They could have just retconned it like all the other things they fucked with in that game.

>put the disk in for the first time in a year
>feel an actual wave of pleasure wash over me as the music starts

You're missing the entire point retard, so let me spell it out for you:
I T
D O E S N ' T
M A K E
A N Y
S E N S E

THAT'S THE ISSUE

Fucking godawful. Balancing was fucked and it only had one good map (Haven). Ironically enough, it's extremely fun on MCC matchmaking. Maybe because everyone sucks at it but me.

Did the Halo 4 title updates fix it?

youtu.be/TkYQOz-egQw 1:03
youtu.be/DSkLrr7gzOI
youtu.be/--0w0JQmId8

It feels poetic because it feels like a story that's far older than the time it takes place in. The greatest hero of them all returns to right the wrongs of the world, to stop what the ancients left behind from falling into the wrong hands.
The game has it's fair share of quiet moments as well.
Halo 3 feels unbelievably grand for what it actually portrays.
However, Halo 2 feels deeply religious.

I legit can't tell if you're making this up or not. What the fuck does that even mean? Why not just have Guilty Spark be an AI assistant tasked with monitoring the installation? What the fuck

its all 100% real.

WHERE THE FUCK IS THE STEAM RELEASE?
WHERE IS IT, SPLASH DAMAGE? IT'S BEEN 4 MONTHS AND THERE'S STILL NO BETA.

Attached: 1564289092352.gif (600x338, 350K)

I love the booting up sequence when terms of service and bungie logo comes up it rumbles your speakers and you hear the ominous monks singing
youtube.com/watch?v=FplAPEhUM1U

No other game boot up has replicated that music or feel

Attached: so-good.gif (333x194, 1.82M)

It was so cool booting the game up for the first time and seeing 800,000 people online.

Attached: solid.jpg (350x448, 61K)

Alright then, let's see your nitpicks.

>Covenant has their own supersoldiers
A limited number was commissioned on the down low by Truth. Top secret even from Regret and Mercy, let alone the Elites and greater Covenant.
>not on 2 Halo rings
>not in the invasion of Earth
>not in the Covenant's attempt to capture an entire fleet of Forerunner ships
Its was never their function to fight the humans or recover forerunner artifacts when there were Elite and Jackal fleets already on it.
>not protecting the hierarchs in their holy city
Their job was train and lead the Brutes in the schism not act as public bodyguards which Truth had already stacked with Brutes loyal to him.
>not on the Ark, where it was the last chance for the Covenant to being the Great Journey
Did you read the book or even the quote you posted? They were wiped out leading the Brute fleets defending High Charity from the flood.

cortana isnt even a normal smart ai so they could easily just say she's not subject to the same ai lifespan.

>the slow camera pan over a desolate wasteland as the chanting goes into a crescendo, then followed by the masterfully emotional piano
>interspersed by brief moments of quiet, backed only by the the crackling of lightning and whistling of wind

Attached: 1488257545235.jpg (438x445, 57K)

I know part of Yea Forums will always hate this series, but with the mainstream dudebros gone, I'm glad those of us who actually like the setting can at least commiserate.

Attached: 231910548b4bd61d8b7e18402e3c442a.jpg (456x720, 42K)

Except for the human-covenant war typo, it's the human-forerunner war. Which is another extremely retarded story.

Whatever sins Halo committed, at least it was a trilogy with a vision and soul behind it.

its way too shoehorned and makes no sense, elites are already super soldiers compared to humans. i literally only hear about this stupid shit here, reach was the last game in the series.

It's even made more jarring considering Halo has it's aesthetic roots in 80/90s science fiction anime and manga. It really highlights how far Halo had fallen.

AND WE HAD TO SHARE THE ROCK

this
Really hoping that since Cortana EMP'd everything that the UNSC goes back to weapons/armour/vehicles from Halo 1 - 3 since everything after 4 uses some sort of backwards engineered forerunner tech

Attached: 1562646650496.png (1080x1040, 1.61M)

If I was in charge I would have had the games ready for the PC release when it was announced for maximum hype and profit. How many times have you watched a trailer and been like oh damn that's fucking awesome when can I play? And the answer was right now?

god damn this makes me want to go out and buy an xbox. is it worth buying one second hand to play the MCC? I haven't played since odst on the 360 and I am sick of waiting for it on PC

Anyone think they ruined a few tracks on the Halo 2 anniversary soundtrack?

Take Impend:
youtu.be/LVsn4BjK6Jk
And then now listen to Impart:
youtu.be/f86GM-17s-g

First twenty or so seconds of Impart sounds better because muh modis, but then it quickly goes to shit. Feels too overwhelming for the subdued venom/prowling feel that the original had.

Attached: halo_3_poster_1467589592_addddb12.jpg (640x640, 54K)

sounds like they tried too hard to emulate hollywood soundtracks in the new one

The Infinite trailer kind of implies that with "anti-AI measures" in the mjolnir bootup screen, it's the one saving grace of all this shit. Seems like they're keeping the tube-hog though, I don't mind the suspension redesign but the overall body proportions seem a bit fucked.

original version sounds infinitely smoother

I didn't mind them for the most part, but they butchered two of the really big ones (Follow and Blow Me Away)

>Follow
i'm still disappointed

>elites are already super soldiers compared to humans

You mean the Elites Truth was planning to genocide? It makes perfect sense he wants a few of his own men tough enough to keep his potentially unruly Brutes in line.

I get that you think this is a poor addition to the lore and was somewhat shoehorned in. But both good and bad things have been added to the Halo Universe in this way since Nylund's books. I think the Prelates are a good addition that adds a bit more depth to the Prophets as a species. And there's certainly far more retarded shit 343i has inserted to Bungie's original work.

youtu.be/g4KcFG4LpcA
This is literal kino. The last twenty seconds of this song is gives ne goosebumps.
It's like the composer's forgot all about these quiet, deeply reverent little pieces and went headfirst into Hollywood shit.

youtube.com/watch?v=iNhfuhiveUM
youtube.com/watch?v=BfePwIuGxwo
i dont like what they did to in amber clad. i dont know if there is a musical term for it, but the remake sounds too 'busy' compared to the original.

Yeah I really don't know why it's such a common thing. If you're going to do a big reveal you should be ready to launch something within a month, otherwise the hyper just dies off.

What was 343 thinking when making this shit?

Attached: 1563936796899.jpg (1000x790, 85K)

WE

Attached: 1564586669309.jpg (708x398, 42K)

>343i marines look like dorks with a molle vest
why cant they design armour at all? the halo 3 marines are nearly my favourite 'normal human' armour design in all of fiction.

It hurts

Attached: UNSCSoldier.jpg (564x705, 32K)

Honest thoughts on Reach's campaign?

I found it enjoyable even if it kind of felt like it diminished how apocalyptic the invasion was in the Fall of Reach novel.

Unironically made me cry back in middle school. Cried a little when it showed your helmet in the dirt, with Halsey/Cortana narrating. Seeing my own Spartan get left behind and die was extremely sobering.

Reach game = ONI-backed in-universe movie version
Fall of Reach = actual events

Why didn't Jorge just get one of the marines to arm the bomb?
Why didn't Kat just have her shields up?
Why didn't Carter just eject?
Why didn't Emile just check his radar?
Why didn't 6 link up with UNSC forces taking refuge at CASTLE Base rather than go out to die in a random field?

any overwhelming meh. has some moments i really like, others where i have no idea what the fuck bungie were thinking. not going to talk about the story because i havent played it in years and dont remember any cutscenes except for
youtube.com/watch?v=OhIVxpQ-cIg

Selfless fucker
EMP
He got shot
He's a dumb nigger
surrounded on all sides

Didn't like it at first. Then like 2 years back I played it again and found myself thoroughly enjoying it much more. Halo 2 will always be my favorite, but Reach is a close second.

The actual fall of reach in the Fall of Reach novel was shit though. It made no sense that a dump like Harvest could hold out longer than a shield world. Anyways, all the events surrounding New Alexandria was fucking kino. Seeing all those civilians desperately try to flee from sheer terror, and then see all those transports get wiped out sent a chill down my spine. Then you see the city at night and realize most of those people probably died and despite your best efforts it didn't amount to anything.

Music was terrible. Seriously Reach was Marty's lowest work. It honestly didn't sound like Halo music at all. Can't remember a single good piece aside that guitar riff that played when the Elites attack. How do you go from Halo 1-odst to make Reach's "music"?

>Carter
Do Pelicans have ejection seats? It's also possible considering his wounds he might have figured he'd just slow the rest of the squad down

>Emile
Distracted? idk, I've had Elites sneak up on me before

>6
There's a ton of dead spartans all around the area. It's possible that was a rendezvous point 6 arrived to late. Also getting to CASTLE base probably would have required air transport and at that point things were probably to hot to try and fly through

Harvest got like insta-booty blasted though

Here's your Halo 4 and 5 bro.

Attached: 1561235521796m.jpg (910x1024, 128K)

harvest was fucked by a handful of ships. reach got attacked by hundreds.

WHERE IS MY STEAM RELEASE?

Attached: 1564591944163.jpg (750x929, 139K)

Thoughts on the Halo 2 Anniversary art style and assets?

everytime i see halo 5 i am seriously confused about what the fuck is happening with its lighting.

does it support higher then 60 hz?

My thoughts is why did it take two games with this shit artstyle before they made the Halo 2 anniversary look.

I loved it. I loved everything about it. There were some minor gripes I had (Elites not dual-wielding comes to mind), but it was overall a vast improvement over the original. Makes me want a Halo 3 remaster complete with Blur cutscenes, and I didn't even particularly like Halo 3.

Elites need more visible shields. Everything else is fine.

fine except for the elites i suppose. i dont like their horse hooves or the beluga whale helmets.

AI life cycles were mentioned and even explained in Ghosts of Onyx and Contact Harvest as I know. So it was before 4 was released.

I miss when black characters were like the good Sergeant

Attached: sgt.jpg (455x428, 60K)

dear god i hope they get it right and everything's perfect

Attached: 1550256213009.jpg (614x460, 48K)

Yeah now it's always WHYTE PEOPLE BE EVIL AN' SHYYYYYIIIIIT instead of making a good fucking character that happens to be black and isn't even brought up ever. Johnson was such a cool dude.

Attached: 1535629187083m.jpg (940x1024, 123K)

God ODST odst armor was sexy as fuck. Should honestly have been a completely seperate game from Halo with focus on stealth and squad mechanics instead of being a carbon copy Halo 3 clone.

Attached: 1562008694544m.jpg (576x1024, 83K)

>halos marines were of various ethnic backgrounds
>all felt totally natural and wasn't done for diversity points
speaking of marines. did halo 4 even have anything except american marines?

>I loved it. I loved everything about it. There were some minor gripes I had (Elites not dual-wielding comes to mind), but it was overall a vast improvement over the original. Makes me want a Halo 3 remaster complete with Blur cutscenes, and I didn't even particularly like Halo 3.

What about the Halo 2 Anniversary assets in Halo 3?

Yeah, they really are soulless. There was a transition in the first cutscene where the ring hologram on Truth's hat matched up with the moon, but it went completely over Blurs head. Another shot I noticed was when IAC approached Delta Halo, there was a great shot of the frigate passing over the rings outer wall. It really gave a sense of scale, and the wall itself was really detailed. They fucked that up too in h2a.

If you boiled down Noble Team you'd have enough personality for 3 characters.
>gentle giant (Jorge)
>deadpan snarker (Kat/Emile/Jun)
>quiet and objective driven (Player Insert, not really a personality)

>The beginning of 3 has Arbiter and the Chief meeting for the first time as allies.
>Arbiter says, "Were it so easy," in response to being told to stay calm.
>Clearly he does not respect nor care for the idea of working with the Chief.
>The game progresses to the epilogue, Chief now believed to have been killed in a final heroic act of sacrifice.
>In response to Lord Hood's difficulty in believing that Master Chief is actually gone, the Arbiter responds:
>"Were it so easy."

Literal fucking kino.

Attached: images (4).jpg (345x146, 6K)

This is a good post and I want to give you attention for writing it.

AAA video games are all trying to be movies, and like most movies, trying to be oscar bait. You cannot have some tough wisecracking black guy making jokes in the face of danger, that would be "childish" and "token." Whether they be whitewashed and pussified and politically correct, or detroit gang members who say nigga every second, their characters must draw attention to their blackness first and foremost. A bizarre and warped form of social justice.
Also, fuck 343 for removing the cool trailing arm suspension from the Warthog and giving it generic coil springs like you'd see on a Dodge Ram.

Can someone give me the run down on the Kilo-Five trilogy?

theres another change that bothers me too.
>cutscene where the arbiter gets the armour
>music swells, he takes a final look at the all the previous arbiters tombs then purposefully grabs the helmet and instantly puts it on
>remake has him walk straight up to the arbiter armour, grab the helmet then looks at it for a bit before putting it on

The trailing arms were super nonsensical to be honest. Now it has actual, visible drive to the wheels and some form of dampening.

Nah, I somehow knew about the possibility of constructs going insane before 3 even came out. Maybe it was mentioned in an instruction manual or something.

Karen Traviss

Warthogs are hydrogen fueled and could easily just have electric motors in the wheel hubs.

i always thought of it like this
>first were it so easy implying he wasn't a bitch who would be killed that easily
>second was all of the shit the master chief survived, only to be killed by being lost in space randomly

Bungie piggybacked off of their own idea from Marathon anyways so its a bit moot

Yeah, but running crazy thick gauge wire through moving suspension components is a nightmare. The new suspension evokes the HMMV to me, for some reason.

How much of Halo's lore is piggybacked from Marathon?

>reading halo 3's terminals in the dark one night
>"I see you, reclaimer." in red text appears
that was a bit spooky.

The terminals in the snow level near the end of the game are so eerie. Imagine being a lone marine who gets left behind in one of these massive, haunting forerunner structures.

>that offensive bias vs mendicant bias terminal
my brain cannot imagine what a fleet of 4.8million anything would even look like.

sadly we never actually did separate camera and viewmodel FOV. it wasn't possible without source code. we did however add the ability to physically move and rotate viewmodels.

If there's ever a Halo movie (and God forbid because it will likely be ass), I hope they use A Walk In the Woods as the credit theme.

youtube.com/watch?v=tdGJQ7qY2mU

Attached: 1548910473657.jpg (640x360, 37K)

I think that has something to do with halo 1 anniversary being built on top of the Gearbox port. The last mission is pretty buggy, for some reason certain soundtracks would keep playing even though they shouldn't. The soundtrack that plays after reaching the bridge is stuck playing until the end even in the credits.

>reading the books

>You don't know the contortions I had to go through to follow you here, Reclaimer. I know what you're here for. What position do I take? Will I follow one betrayal with another?

>You're going to say I'm making a habit of turning on my masters.

>But the one that destroyed me long ago, in the upper atmosphere of a world far distant from here, was an implement far cruder than I. My weakness was capacity - unintentional though it was! - to choose the Flood. A mistake my makers would not soon forgive.

>But I want something far different from you, Reclaimer.

>Atonement.

>And so here at the end of my life, I do once again betray a former master. The path ahead is fraught with peril. But I will do all I can to keep it stable - keep you safe. I'm not so foolish to think this will absolve me of my sins. One life hardly balances billions.

>But I would have my masters know that I have changed.

>And you shall be my example.

Attached: 1550823713384.png (1280x720, 425K)

youtube.com/watch?v=_mo0xxiTztc
when bungie had SOUL

i still want to know what the fuck bungie were thinking about when they made that. based on that and the halo 3 legendary ending they must have had some broad ideas what to do with a theoretical halo 4.

>"I kill you all and I enjoy it. I destroy you in your indolent billions - in your gluttony, in your self-righteousness, in your arrogance. I pound your cities into dust; turn back the clock on your civilization’s progress. What has taken you millennia to achieve I erase in seconds."

Attached: 1512189684209.png (276x256, 57K)

Did Halo 4 live up the the hype?

So does this mean Mendicant Bias is still fucked in the head?

Don't forget replacing the Gravemind Tentacle Miranda grabs with a wire in the remake. Halo CEA and Halo 2A both have the same problem as Metroid ZM and Metroid SR, they kill the atmosphere of the original games.

It was shit the worst one I played in the series to date.

maybe? the last terminal says he knows he fucked up by choosing the flood. wouldnt surprise me to find out if 343i retconned that into the flood hacking him or something.

Attached: 1526424369447.png (406x564, 189K)

Is the Legendary 7th Terminal the only canon terminal in Halo 3?

343 don't plan to put in the games.

>in that same remastered cutscene arbiter has generic elite sounds again
>throws johnson instead of headbutting him

It reminds me of how they ruined the Master Chief throwing the Marine in the escape pod in CEA and the Chief flying towards the screen with the bomb in 2A. It's like they only watched those cutscenes for two seconds and called it a day.

Why didn't we get to kill any humans as the Arbiter?

>Halo 1
>perfect world holding, shows not tells, missions are about standard military objectives (prevent Cortana from falling into enemy hands, rescue Keys, capture strategic objectives (Halo control room)
>Halo2
>good follow on, things starting to get campy, missions a little more fantastical (cut this space station loose and fight as it free falls, drop a bomb on a cruiser by sky diving from outer space)
>Halo 3
>series starts to take itself a little too seriously, extremely fantastical story, still Rock solid game, last "true" Halo game
>Halo Reach
>100% serious mode, classes and Sprint for some godforsaken reason good story, but not a Halo game
>no games released after Reach, thank God

>Master Chief throwing the Marine in the escape pod in CEA
i just looked this up. what were they thinking
youtu.be/S3tSN3L5InQ?t=404
>throws the marine a couple of metres so hes actually inside the lifeboat
youtu.be/32wp-gaRX8Q?t=571
>remake has him not even be able to throw the marine, marine has to awkwardly crawl inside

they're too busy editing the cinematics to make master chief gender fluid and putting in romance choices for all the male characters (even the aliens)

Point and click with a mouse to play Halo lmao. I wish this series would've died with 3 so I can just have good memories instead of the shit we have to day.

Am I the only one that wishes that instead of Halo MCC we got some sort of a refined version that combined all the best parts of the original 3 games into one nice multiplayer package? The campaign's staying the same as the originals is great but I would have liked to have seen them truly unify the multiplayer in a big way. So rather than 3 separate multiplayer games with different feels you get the same one across all those maps with the most refined version of classic style gameplay. This of course would have to mean that Halo 4 gets left out, it sucks anyways I sure as hell would prefer it not being there.

I have mentioned this before but because MCC is split into 4 games it fucked shit up badly in addition to 343 being shit in general.

Main team isn't working on the shit show.

>Am I the only one that wishes that instead of Halo MCC we got some sort of a refined version that combined all the best parts of the original 3 games into one nice multiplayer package?

Halo 2 Anniversary MP?

Logic virus bro.
Fuck arguing and actually managing to convince an advanced ai to disobey its masters, it's just a virus.

No something a little better than that game desu. Its alright but could have been better. And yes to remastering or redoing all maps in better graphics.

are you making shit up? why wasnt it used on cortana, the gravemind was pissed off because it knew she was hiding something from him.

the only noncanon halo 3 terminals are the ones where the didact and the librarian are talking to each other

Was The Didact that bad?

Attached: r-HALO4_FORERUNNER_CAMPAIGN_SCREENSHOT5-600x275.jpg (600x275, 39K)

yes.

Pretty boring mustache twirling villain. The Prophet of Truth was a better villain.

He was shit. Should of been Warden Eternal instead trying to activate his cryptum

>The Prophet of Truth was a better villain.
which one? raving zealot or opportunistic politician?

Genuinely my favorite.

Found it a bit too much on rails though. Previous Halo games really have this feeling of being lost in the middle of nowhere, advancing at random, trying to find your way. Reach is more objective-oriented, you always roughly have an idea where you're going, and environments tend to be smaller, not exactly SMALL, but small enough you can hardly get lost, though it happens, especially on the first runs.

Now environments are also much more complex and labyrinthic, not to mention hugely vertical, this may just be the game with the most pitfalls. And the different situations you're in, the enemy configurations, the weapons and vehicles at your disposal, present unique situations rarely seen before.

Mood and music are also great, the game fully renders a world that's about to end, there's a real sense of urgency, that especially strikes you in the mission Exodus.

All in all, replayed it to death, and will do so again on Personal Computer®.

Oh, ok, why the fuck would Bungie put the canon terminals on Legendary? Also, the Halo 4 terminals are only somewhat canon, right.

He needed to be expanded upon, badly.

youtubemultiplier.com/5d454f3b65ef3-look-at-this-dude-didact-awakens.php

this has to be b8

>Bungie
343 are the ones who made them not canon with their changes to the didact

>raving zealot or opportunistic politician?
why do brainlets think these things are mutually exclusive?

That was fucking awful, you can't be serious.

It was never canon, to begin with, they contradicted Halo 1-3's story about the Forerunners. Before 343 took over Bungie intended for humans to be Forerunners, Bungie outsourced that shit.

Halo 3 was so positive. I think it's part of the reason why people disliked and were surprised by Reach, because it was so negative.

Halo 3 is where you win, Reach is where you lose.

Bungie actually gave a shit when they made it, that's what went right.