Doom Eternal thread

According to the devs, doom eternal claim that the first 2 missions of doom eternal will have as much content as the entirety of doom 2016. What are your thoughts?

Btw, they will give you the ability to customize your hud.

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 179K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/dJ7ulqjS_Vg
vocaroo.com/i/s0EkDdSP8xuN
ballstatedaily.com/article/2018/09/what-is-calarts-style
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

source?

contrarian's ETERNALLY btfo

Who cares I don't want to play a game that is 75% watching scripted melee animations in a futile attempt to make me feel like the badass pulling those moves off. Zoomer Doom is boring.

Gonna get it day 1 if they let you use classic weapon pose like DOOM did

I'm getting put off with the amount of cutscenes the game will have,

>What are your thoughts?
All they've got to do is give you an option to animation-skip glory kills and some sort of arcade option to remove all cutscenes/"not cutscenes were we stick in you a room Half Life 2 style".

>inb4 the game is just two missions long

>75%
yeah you never played 2016

goty

Attached: 1564280928629.jpg (4032x3024, 1.08M)

youtu.be/dJ7ulqjS_Vg
1:43

Yeah neither did you.

>nudoom shit
Doom died after Final Doom.

i'll be damned then, really look forwards to this game

Attached: Doom-Eternal_Makyr_Wallpaper_1280x720-01.jpg (1280x720, 575K)

Go jump off a roof contrarian, its clearly better than doom 3 and eternal is gonna be rad as fuck

How does Todd taste?

>it still has arenas
>enemy count is still too low
>the hud is retarded and obtrusive
>worst part of nudoom was needing glory kills and chainsaw to get health and ammo; theyve doubled down on this
>recent demo essentially makes it look like a loot shooter where you farm for health and ammo by killing enemies in any way but shooting them
>this is because its designed for consoles and they're making it less and less of a shooter with every new feature
>no cap to one-ups (free lives, like faeries in zelda): guy in demo picked up fucking 6 of them in 30 mins of play
>you dont even lose a one-up if you fail at platforming aka if you miss a jump or fall off the world
If its as bad as it looks I'll be pissed. So long as there's a reasonable amount of encounters in the levels outside of arenas I'll be happy, and so long as there's enough health and ammo in the level design that I can ignore glory kills and chainsaw entirely.

Attached: doomguy.jpg (1146x864, 340K)

Game will have more NARRATIVE, LORE, and gameplay BEAT CHANGES than the first game you stupid fucking c/umbrain. This doesn’t mean the first two levels have as much gameplay as the entire 2016 campaign.

If you fall off the world, there is no loading screen and you don't lose a life which is pretty neat

kys boomer scum

Am I seeing some giant robot tits?

Yeah, this.
The way OP worded the post makes it sounds like the first two missions of the game is the same length of the entirety of the 2016 game.

The thing in the middle... It's nose and general face look a lot like a rabbit.

>What are your thoughts?
My thoughts are
>Please no microtransactions
>Please don't moneygrub and fuck this game up

do we get a real level editor this time?

>boomer
Baby boomers were born in the 40s and early 50s. Are you suggesting that I'm that old, you dumb fucking child?

INCREDIBLY based

Your reaction when it's a Stadia elusive?

Still hype.

And here you anons can see a child/young 20s kid trying to act like he's a boomer

>epic progressive upgrades
>still forcing press x to rip and tear haha
>dude what if angels were bad too
it wasn't made for me

It's going to have post-launch campaign DLC.

The real question is will they finally put in a battle royale

well apparently its female, so you got the tits thing right

What do you guys think of the invasion mode?
I think it looks like it could be pretty fun if it's balanced right.

And how many missions are there in total? 3? or maybre 2 ??

People hated the multiplayer dlcs so a lot of people wanted campaign dlc instead. The people asked for it and they got what they ask for.

>it still has arenas
There's nothing inherently wrong with arenas
>needing glory kills
Worked fine in MGR/Sekiro/NG2 and I never heard anyone complain about them
inb4 they're different genres, at least explain in terms of mechanics why the comparison for Glory Kills between wouldn't be applicable between Duum and slashy games
>no cap to 1-ups
How can you say this for sure if you've never seen the actual cap
>you don't even lose a 1-up while failing at platforming
Why should you? You already lose some health if you do

It has the same amount of content not the same length of gameplay

How new you are you? You know very well in which context boomer is used in this website, if you don't know you should go back to whatever shithole you came from

>mfw this game comes out on my birthday

Attached: image.png (210x248, 92K)

Reminder that we don't deserve Hugo Martin

Attached: 1533968165087.png (603x716, 114K)

That's fine. Microtransactions are not. They hyped up Eternal a lot by advertising this incredibly difficult but rewarding game, so don't throw in DEMON PESOS to buy your way through the game.

Attached: vallhalla.png (1297x785, 915K)

What are these weapons?

Arenas don't really bother me because they're kind of redundant. I mean, I play Doom to kill every demon that I see anyways, so... eh. I can understand why some people don't like them though.

Knowing the game developer, I wouldn't be surprised if it becomes something like fallout 76.

It's the super shotty with attached meathook (grapples you towards enemies)

>the game developer
Fun fact user for you user. id is the developer, not Bethesda who is the publisher

What they said is that there as much VARIETY in content in the first two missions. Which is good because the first two levels of 2016 are pretty dull compared to later in the game.
DLC isnt inherently bad. If its done right, its like expansion packs of yore - just a good way to extend the games lifetime for a bit of extra cash.

Attached: ws.jpg (699x919, 214K)

hey remember when id made fallout hahaha me too.

Is the super shotty actually a special shotty? Why the design?

>Why the design?
Because why not?

A game like Doom with no horde mode makes zero sense.

It’s different from the rest of science-fiction guns.

Sounds like PR schlock. I'll wait for a steep discount.

Considering how bad nu-Doom's gameplay is, the story is going to be the only reason to even play this.

Attached: image.jpg (512x512, 97K)

He does seem to be a really likable guy who knows his stuff

I want less arenas and more open levels. Also want co-op.

And his favorite is Doom 64.

cringe

It appears as though there is some confusion amongst the populace in regard to the lore of Doom 2016 and Doom Eternal. Allow me to clear this up for you...

1. DoomSlayer and Doomguy are two(2) entirely different people. Doom 2016 is a reboot of Doom 1, not a continuation from Doom 64. Doom Eternal will be a reboot of Doom 2: Hell on Earth.

2. DoomSlayer is not human. He is a humanoid with distinct human features, but he is a native of Argent D'Nur. He was once their king and the leader of the Night Sentinels.

3. After losing his son in combat, the anguished DoomSlayer made a pact with a demon priest to resurrect him and in turn transformed his son's soul into the Icon of Sin and causing Argent D'Nur to be subjugated by Hell. DoomSlayer is The Betrayer.

4. DoomSlayer spent untold millenia in Hell fighting the demons as revenge, before he was trapped in his tomb.

5. Some lesser minded individuals have come to the conclusion that DoomSlayer is actually Doomguy, who was left in Hell in Doom 64 and eventually discovered by the Night Sentinels during the First Age. This is obviously incorrect, as the inhabitants of the dimension he returns to (our dimension) are completely oblivious in regards to the existence of Hell (with the exception of certain high-ranking UAC personnel) . Such an idea is preposterous as the entire earth was destroyed and humanity was nearly wiped to extinction in Doom 2.

Note: Headcanons regarding "alternative dimensions" which resemble the original dimension in every conceivable way sans the demonic invasion are retarded and belong solely within the minds of the aforementioned lesser-minded folk.

I want you to suck the smegma out of my foreskin.

This game will be infested with MTX,
Do not get hyped, Bethesda's new policy is microtransactions are mandatory.

I too enjoy confusing people by providing false information and hoping that they don't search for further clarification from the devs and in-game lore

Attached: 1528945123051.jpg (637x504, 50K)

That's pretty damn cool but this is still going to be slow paced dog shit.

Everything you read is supported by in-game lore.

Attached: Censored.jpg (255x255, 12K)

I don't believe them. Not saying that Doom Eternal is going to be a bad game but this sounds like typical hype talk. But best case scenario the first 2 missions both are going to have fun boss fights

i need to listen to audio of someone taking a steamy ploppy soggy shit into a bowl. they plaster a fucking mountain in it and then bore a hole in it with a nice long hot satisfying piss stream

don't reply to him, he created a shitty thread earlier, he's going to be a new esl-kun shitting up every doom thread with his headcanon

Imagine.

Attached: 89AE257D-B5B5-4A23-8B32-F286CBBC7C9F.jpg (1280x1811, 275K)

I never thought Doom threads would gain their own resident super-autist.

>what are your thoughts
Either they're lying, the game is going to be way too long for its own good, or the "missions" are going to be large self contained areas with individual levels within them

Quieres?

Okay, there are a lot of things wrong here. Let's unpack this.

1. DoomSlayer is confirmed to be male. At one point Olivia Pierce directly refers to him with a masculine pronoun.

2. There are zero(0) incarnations of Doomguy with blue eyes. Every rendition has BROWN eyes. Why are her eyes blue.

3. DoomSlayer does not have gigantic hands that are bigger than his head. He has also never given "the finger" within a game, outside of modded content.

Attached: Giant Hand.jpg (826x968, 196K)

Attached: 4322353.jpg (777x888, 76K)

Excuse me?

i like the custom consoles that the slayers club is giving away, fav has to be the doomguy switch or pic related

Attached: file.png (536x439, 256K)

Ok Todd.

Imagine being this much of a dense retard who doesn't know how to read

u r dumb

Attached: e9d.jpg (600x600, 18K)

>switch gets a fully customized system
>xbox gets a jpg of doom 1's promo art sprayed onto a normal system
loving every laugh

Attached: 1548937355062.png (1088x588, 683K)

cringe

cringe

Thanks mate, I couldn't understand the storyline of 2016.
But I still have a question: if I climb on the amount of your chromosomes and jump on the number of your IQ, will there be something left besides a puddle of blood?

quite possibly the least based posts i've ever read

Sorry, I meant this one

>3rd person cutscenes
it's shit

Identity theft is a crime

multiple personality disorder is an illness

homosexuality is a choice

no
homosexuality is faggotry

doomslayer is not doomguy

We don't know it for sure

we will one day

He literally said that they want Fortnight audience. 14:52 That explains a lot.

The life system baffles me. Yeah, it "keeps you in the action", but it also seems like it makes shit too fucking easy.

Todd is lucky that id is full of based Texans that actually seem passionate about just making a fun game because Shithesda has been embarrassing themselves nonstop with everything else

Attached: 1453955658021.png (256x264, 30K)

idc unless they make the mechanics more interesting desu, doom 2016 needs more than a map pack to keep me engaged

the "doom slayer is the betrayer" thing is the most retarded misinterpretation/extrapolation loreniggers ever came up with, hope they don't go and officialize it

Retard

based. just kidding! its cringe

A Doom battle royale would work poorly, wouldn't it? Or would they just take the MP characters from 2016 and call it a day? Didn't they say that they also want to give MP some TLC and try to add modes as time goes on?

It’s also pretty obvious that he isn’t the Betrayer. Doomguy/Slayer is refereed to as someone that the demons genuinely fear, while the Betrayer was someone the demons tricked into betraying his entire by taking his son. Does anyone honestly believe that if Doomguy had a kid, he wouldn’t just save him by himself?

lmao, that's absolute bullshit and I can't believe some of you ITT are actually falling or such a blatant and obvious lie.
Doom 2016 campaign is around 10-12+ hours long, and that's without doing all the side shit in the game which can make it into a 16+ hour long game.
You really think the first two missions will be 10 hours long at the minimum? How many missions do you think are in the game, 10?
A 100 hours?
lmao.

perhaps the loss of his son is what drove him to what he is now

you are just a fucking naysayer like the rest of them. fuck you naysayer! I hope you rot!!!!

sent from my iphone

And before that he said about "probably creating people who grow along the series" just like it was with the original games.
I'd say that it is good - creating more zealots of FPS is better than leaving them be a part of Fornicate audience.

Probably not, since Hell refers to him as being from the First Age. It’s also worth noting that the events of Doom 2016 is the Fourth Age.

I'd say that Doom Slayer being the Doom Guy from Doom1-64 is way more based than being a literal who knockoff.

The subjugation of Argent D'Nur occurred in the First Age, no?

>Daisy becomes a robot

you're a literal who knockoff of your father's sperm cells

Well, yeah?
I don't want the Doom Slayer be the same.

>Doom Slayer is Doom Guy's sperm cell
who did he fuck

>people trying this hard to be contrarian
Pathetic.

based

>people trying this hard to be an attention-whore namefag
Epic.

>he genuinely believes that the first two missions will be 10 hours long combined
>he genuinely believes this will be a 100+ hour game

>Implying Doom Guy needs to fuck to reproduce

I think it will be fun and I'm excited to play desu

Ok shill.

His sister

Attached: SmartSelect_20190803-005826_Sankaku Black.jpg (513x354, 119K)

If I was a shill I wouldn't sit in this cesspool, spending my shill money instead.

About that.

Attached: F79EB845-7857-4A81-BAC8-EF2F9605C076.jpg (3474x1605, 342K)

A million demons with bullets and blades.

shut the fuck up countershills and naysayers this game will have and i repeat will have AT LEAST 100 hours gameplay NOT COUNTING additional objectives. just shut the fuck up please im going to cry. doomslayer (doomguy) has huge biceps and big forearms which he uses to squeeze cum out of his fuck stick

>Doom Guy jacked off
>the blob of semen started to become bigger and took on a humanoid outline
>it became Doom Slayer

They're referencing "content", not game length. So the implication was clearly in terms of available weapons, demons, gameplay mechanics etc.

>retard talking shit about doom
>can't even spell right
checks out

YOU ARE FACTUALLY AND SCIENTIFICALLY WRONG IN SEVERAL WAYS

Attached: 1560682404975.jpg (403x427, 30K)

About what?

you are dumb in several ways. shill!

Do you have any proof of your claims?

vocaroo.com/i/s0EkDdSP8xuN

If Doom Slayer is Doomguy, Billie isn’t his sister. id Keen only had Doomguy as a son, and Machinegames Keen has twins.

i got all the proof i'll ever need right here
*grabs crotch*

Where the hell are they getting all these candles from?

Attached: Lazarus Labs.png (1366x768, 775K)

melted human fat

Mixom.

After so many dogshit flops in a row from Bethesda I don't have any expectations of greatness for this game.

Will SnapMap return?

>Worked fine in MGR/Sekiro/NG2
they didn't and never will since they break the high speed pacing fucking hard.
reason why no one mentions them is because they're faggots that are accustomed to the cancer of the modern game industry

>Doomslayer is native to Argent D'nur
This would be pretty lame, desu. I always liked the Evil Dead 3 premise that he's an extradimensional regular guy badass that ended up in a fantasy middle-ages crusade agains evil.
>Doomslayer is the betrayer
Lame!
>the Wretch wasn't a demon with tits that was in a relationship with Doomslayer for a while
Over the line, buddy.

I predict
1. it will be more of the same, hence:
2. it will be enjoyable.
3. Yea Forums contrarians will shitpost about game.

2016 was GOTY dont forget, fags

Cultists had them / brought or summoned from Hell. Why? The same reason the demons bother with building statues. The higher tier ones aren't just beasts. When they aren't murdering and torturing, they like to quiet down and reflect in a cozy atmosphere.

it think they mean: number of assets used (and maybe number of monsters killed); not sheer playtime.

>the zoomer cringe twins on the far left
>far left

Hell yeah, dude!

>Billy, Molly, and the Keen twins on the far right

I really liked nuDoom but the latest footage is really offputting.
>Whole video is some hotshot dev talking about how it's the "thinking mans shooter"(literal quote) because you have to shoot the glowy points on enemies first.
>Combat was ridiculously fucking slow, it hurt to watch. I really hope they were just playing it on easy so they could talk while playing.
>He also couldn't play, which made it awful to watch
>He also couldn't talk, which made it awful to listen. He could never get to the point, had to re-phrase everything he said, stuttering.
>HUD just looks like a glowy phone game now, hopefully you can turn it all off.
>Shotgun was made ugly for literally no reason. Combat shotgun looked amazing in NuDoom and then they just made it worse.
>Assault rifle got an ugly paintjob for no reason
>Plasma rifle was the weakest looking and feeling gun in Doom, they somehow managed to make it even worse by making it a fallout energy weapon.
>No more guns than before according to the weapon wheel, actually looked like less.

I didn't think they could fuck it up since I thought they did a really good job with NuDoom, but I'm really dissapointed.

Attached: angery.png (112x112, 20K)

Ok.

Well I mean it was all controller gameplay wasn't it?
>Shotgun was made ugly for literally no reason. Combat shotgun looked amazing in NuDoom and then they just made it worse.
Are you kidding me? It looked fucking gay in 2016, now it looks at least sort of similar to the classic wooden stock shotgun.

Attached: imp lying.png (864x218, 15K)

It looked like a proper colonial marines-styled shotgun

I kind of like the style in this, it’s a shame it’s not an actual side scroller and just some shitty mobile minigame

They also made the chaingun into a bad version of the unreal tournament stinger

That would require effort, and they wouldn’t be able to weasel in hundreds of microtransactions just to make progress.

So it will be longer than 10 hours? That's pretty radical.

Yeah, the speed is the most egregious part to me. Movement and airspeed seems sluggish.

>style
It's yet another CalArts style media. It's notoriously overused and already ruined Battletoads.
ballstatedaily.com/article/2018/09/what-is-calarts-style

I am upgrading my video card for this game.

Shut up, Todd. Go shill somewhere else.

Eh. They did say the game's gonna be a souped up version of 2016 gameplay wise so maybe you'll be fine unless you've got an 8-year old video card, and even then you'll probably get good framerates nonetheless. If you can play 2016 fine you can probably play this one fine.

Is it true that they dropped memetextures?

I know they didn't include them in Rage 2

well Doom 2016 looked like an ass on trailers too because it was recorded on gamepad.

I've already pre ordered Doomy ternal and I will enjoy every second of it and there's nothing your bitch tears can do about it.

Will it use Vulkan still?

Yeh

Ok Mom, I think I can make my own decisions though.

Attached: 1563229510025.jpg (640x640, 46K)

Attached: 7cjbtdvzn1iz.jpg (938x896, 51K)

clearly not if you're still going after butterfaces like that

IS THIS A MOTHERFUCKING DARKWATCH REFERENCE???

based

Yes!

Finally...

The lack of content in Nu-Doom was that bad?

>According to the devs, doom eternal claim that the first 2 missions of doom eternal will have as much content as the entirety of doom 2016. What are your thoughts?
Todd Howard has taught them well, I suppose

>you don't even lose a 1-up while failing at platforming
>Why should you? You already lose some health if you do

My God, what gamers have become.

Hes a console gamer who is only adding features that make it less of a shooter.
>you're le rewarded for being aggressive
No, you're rewarded for using press x to kill in 3 or 4 different flavors

Yeah it was pretty bad. They were playing on medium though.

Yeah, arenas are inherently bad. It means that there is NO enounter design whatsoever. It means that instead of a dev designing a space and placing monsters throughout it in a way to make the space feel interesting and unique, every single level will have the same exact feel to play with a different coat of paint with just an increasing difficulty.

Pretty gay*

Day 0 preorder so I can preload it on my shit net
I liked 2016 if only for arcade and snapmap

If this means that content is unlocked faster then I'm happy. Worst part of nudoom was how fucking long it took you to get enough weapon variety to make the game fun.

Then don't watch it lmao.

>titans in the game
Imagine fighting a demon the size of a skyscraper. Also hoping that the cyberdemon is a common enemy like in doom 2.

Attached: 47383849-5D33-4AF4-A7F4-5A86A0FAEDA5.gif (171x172, 962K)

Friendly reminder that people bitching about NuuM having too little enemies are the same retards who call it Serious Sam.

Attached: 1538840394139.jpg (599x624, 112K)

They can totally pull off some giant demon fight given all the fucking mobility and traversal options you get.
Kinda like Saviour in DMC4 but better.

It's very likely that Battlemode will have cosmetic microtransactions.

Attached: 1564358383419.jpg (750x1000, 35K)

time to replay painkiller

Everyone starts as imps, every kill you get lets you advance to the next tier of demon. Game is about temporary alliances to take down high level demons while also backstabbing the people you're fighting with to level up yourself.

I hope everyone will just disable it to make soulsniggers wait in the queue forever.

Attached: 1520877115139.jpg (470x470, 31K)

>vocaroo.com/i/s0EkDdSP8xuN
based

>mfw this games comes out two days after my birthday

Attached: 1DfYxfoZHbA.jpg (960x955, 176K)

How is it not serious sam

>first 2 missions of doom eternal will have as much content as the entirety of doom 2016
What a fucking retarded claim. How is that possible? Isn't Doom 2016 like a 12 hour game? Are they saying the first 2 missions will take 12 hours to complete?

Because it's DoomLad's personal shotty with his watermark and linked to his Bethesda.net account.

Attached: 1561681999951.png (1162x1104, 317K)

maybe they'll have heavier grind and coop shit than the Wolfenstein game.,

How is duke3d not doom?

This cunt is responsible for 50% of challenges being "Perform 99999999999 Death From Above Glory Kills" because le epic bing bing wahoo reference.

Attached: 1558573520207.jpg (250x246, 56K)

I'm kinda scared because wolfen Youngblood is the biggest shitstain cash in ever, and I loved the older remake New Order. They just defaced it, I feel like another dev just took it.

Right he should have said 90%

>mfw my birthday is one day before when this game comes out

Attached: fffuck.gif (200x267, 858K)

I wish he squeezed the cum out of my fuck stick with his huge buttocks.

Attached: 1563257169184.jpg (1068x1200, 139K)

i have a way of dealing with contrarian faggots where i come from
i shoot them

Attached: 1540722390744.jpg (620x417, 27K)

Honestly my only complaint is the 3rd person, non-interactive cutscenes. Doesn't feel very DOOM to me. Too much DOOM 3 in my DOOM.

Open maps.
Areas with enemies and empty spaces in between.

I would like to remind you all that if you disagree with me you are a fucking shill.

they need to put a reference to doomguy either way as he walks down that control center at the start of the demo with one clueless labrat saying "who's that doom guy i keep hearing about?"

>No, you're rewarded for using press x to kill in 3 or 4 different flavors

So actively moving at a downed enemy into potential enemy fire for a health boost isn't 'aggressive'? You bitching about having to hit a button to do is instead of just a melee hit doesn't suddenly make it not aggressive play

>Too much DOOM 3 in my DOOM.

I hate that there are people now who claim Doom 3 was actually a good Doom game, just to act like a bunch of contrarian fucks trying to say Doom 2016 was shit

Ok

Attached: 528A7871-AD35-40C5-A4C1-6A6D68C9346E.jpg (449x423, 62K)

Executing glory kills never puts you at risk. You snap to the enemy at a single click of a button, be invincible while an animation plays out, and then get health for it. Its a doubly insulting feature.

>>dude what if angels were bad too
According to them it's more like:
>what if the doom slayer were bad too

Attached: 1473336267738.jpg (400x327, 17K)

It would be exactly the same if you made a standard melee kill do it too, there just would be no 2 second pause between kill and gameplay resuming. You're still in danger after the glory kill is finished

is there an option to remove qte glory kills? thats all i want

>qte

Do people even know what a QTE is anymore? Pressing a button for a standardized action to play out isn't a goddamn QTE.

>being invincible is the same as being vulnerable

Attached: 1521268523689.jpg (492x438, 62K)

thanks for answering my question faggot

I cannot wait to fucking play this game. I'm going to start Doom 2016 soon too, game looks sick as fuck to play.

I still want to know why you think something that isn't a QTE is a QTE. Get your terminology right user

>Do melee hit on enemy
>Health candy instantly pops out and gameplay continues
>Do glory kill on enemy
>Health candy pops out after the glory kill is complete and gameplay continues exactly where you left off
Functionally nothing is different between these two situations outside of a 2 second break between gameplay resuming (in which nothing gameplay-related actually happens during that glory kill)

you wish. it's actually worse than that because certain enemy actions will still continue, making it possible for you to get hit the instant the animation finishes

i was wrong about the word. thanks again for not answering my question

>making it possible for you to get hit the instant the animation finishes

So you're telling me it glory kills do put you at risk user?
>Executing glory kills never puts you at risk.

just wait until the release of the game, you faggots literally don't understand what the devs say or you misunderstand them on purpose.

they never said that there's as much CONTENT in the missions, they said there's more different things to do, which they didn't specify further, but I guess they mean platforming, secrets, maybe small puzzles, who knows

>No desthmatch at launch
You know, I liked 2016 MP despite the fact that everyone on pc was running with chainguns, all they had to do was remove loadouts and add battlemode.
But the SP and invasions look way better

Attached: 595b4698db86b.png (512x512, 215K)

>There are zero(0) incarnations of Doomguy with blue eyes. Every rendition has BROWN eyes.
But that's wrong, you fucking retard.
>hurr edited
I literally just pulled this from doom2.wad and aspect corrected it.

Attached: STFEVL0.png (96x150, 3K)

ID is making the game, not Bethesda, retard

>game has 3 missions
>3rd is just a boss fight
>see! We didnt lie lol

Attached: haha.jpg (500x303, 33K)

And Machine Games made Wolfenjew yet its a lump of shit.

retard why do you even trust what this mongrel OP says, it's literally not what they said, they spoke about variety. variety of what you can do in the first 2 levels is more varied than what you did in entire doom 2016.

And Doom Eternal is developed by ID Software. Whats your point?

Publishers will always worm their way into development.

>Publishers will always worm their way into development.

And yet they somehow didn't for Doom 2016, and there's zero signs of potential negatives for Eternal

>there's 2 more glory kills and a bit more verticality to levels
amaze

That's not what they said you DUMB FUCK. They SAID that it would have more set pieces than what Doom 2016 had. THERE'S A HUGE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN THE TWO BRO SO SHUT THE FUCK UP

i doubt they count glorykills as varied gameplay, you'd only think that if you already have a negative view on them. if i had to guess, they probably mean platforming, secrets, puzzles, environmental kills (those swinging axes), climbing and stuff like that. pay attention in the shit they showed so far and compare it to doom 2016

Doom 2016 was in 2016. Everything Beth/Zenimax has published this year has been a complete mess.

I don't care about glory-ass kills, I just hate that they're so repetitive in 2016. It's like they only had one for each context, nd to implement that sort of thing you really need each context for glory kill to have at least 3 or 4.

like, nigga just close your eyes. go sleep or somethun.

I'm taking you with me bitch.

Evil Within 2 and Prey disagree. Also Fallout 4 was released in 2015 and it wasn't that great.

the funny thing is that glorykills are only for beginner players, you don't need to do them at all if you play well enough. look at some highskill gameplay on yt and you'll see the players almost never doing glorykills because its slow and for stupid players

>only find a rune after the fight is finished
Every damned time.

Attached: Angry Hijikata.gif (196x196, 345K)

The timeline in Doom works exactly like it does in that one Futurama episode where Fry Prof and Bender go too far into the future. Doomguy spends some much time in hell that when he gets back the universe has died and been reborn again.

2017 is not 2019.

It's a joke user.

Attached: 1332865236007.jpg (288x467, 76K)

2019. So you're really judging everything based on 6 months? You aren't very smart aren't you.

Doom 2016 was already a couple of missions too long so I don't know if this is a good thing.

Yeah. 3 big flops in a row but surely Doom will save it all right Todd?

No it's you acting like a massive baffoon irritating all the adults on this board because you're nothing but a little child who thinks his playthings are super amazing rather than itty bitty toys for babby boy to distract himself with handed to him personally by the government so he won't look outside and see they're forcing everyone slowly to be homeless and dependent on government benefits by jacking up the cost of living until only the elite can afford a loaf of bread but you don't care why would you you're another fool who wo

you can say "HAHA WAS JUST A JOKE" about every lie, doesn't make the lie better, BUDDY

>too long
everyone I spoke to about doom 2016 said they would've loved if the game was longer

What games are you even talking about? Wolfenstein was done by Swedes. Rage 2 by Just Cause + Mad Max devs. Fallout 69 by Todd himself.

Not him but all those were under Bethesda's name. How much does Todd pay you to not understand basic logic?

I do hope they drop mele shit

they said it's going to launch with that mode this time

It’s not calarts, stop using memes you don’t understand

Publisher is the marketing and people with suits and money so if Bethesda is doing so poorly why the fuck would they even think about messing up with ID software after how much of a success Doom 2016 was?? I never even played Skyrim. Never played a single Elder Scrolls game. I hate Bethesda whatever its called launcher. But I want Doom to succeed. Is that too much to ask?

If you don't want to be reasonable then fuck it. Believe what you want, but I'm going to be pissing my pants with laughter on November 22 when people load up into yet another microtransaction riddled meme filled mess.

I mean honestly it looks like losing health is apart of the game no matter how good and smart we play. I'd rather have a half second slowdown to regain health than hunt down health packages though so I can live with it.

I don't want it to fail either, but with Bethesda's recent track record of fuckery and meddling I don't have any hope.

heh reddit eternal

health comes out of enemies no matter if you kill them with a glorykill or not, it's just a little less and you have to walk a near their corpse (but you're moving constantly in doom anyway)

how old are you you fucking sperg

Older than you if you CAN'T COMPREHEND BASIC FUCKING ENGLISH

Who wo-
A-user? You okay?

Arenas are designed with different layouts too you screeching moron

Attached: 015.png (434x327, 37K)

>game is 0.25 levels long

Attached: L1ilZZ4.jpg (500x303, 76K)

>it would be the same except without a glory kill it would be faster and better
Also, getting health from killing enemies is just retarded

Theyre literally not. Theyre all the same size and designed for you to just run in a circle and take out enemies one by one

>Also, getting health from killing enemies is just retarded
it is, but these retarded faggots wont ever admit it

>Theyre literally not.

Besides, the game combines arenas with the same mazelike design of the earlier games so I don't really see the issue here.

Attached: 1481042577622.jpg (511x896, 88K)

just tint the visor and BOOM, perfection

Attached: 1537331910348.jpg (5784x4350, 1.78M)

yikes

Actually completely good criticism.
I can live with arenas if they're not the only area where you get to fight properly.
Also the farming resources by killing mobs thing should be fucking thrown into the trash.

Neither Doom nor nudoom have maze like level design. Zoomers unironically believe that everything that isnt either a corridor or an open world is a maze.

>user actually meant it eludes the Stadia completely and doesn’t touch the system
Sounds based to me

What an over designed piece of shit, you have to be a capeshit movie fan to like this.

>mfw I'm not even born yet

Attached: beppp.png (674x415, 662K)

>overdesigned

explain

he said maze like you retard not literal mazes autismo

Mod tools are all I want
The game looks okay

Please Duffy, make it happen. Some people are still using your quake map editor.

Attached: caco petting.webm (500x402, 396K)

>explain

leave

okay, retard

Attached: 1549635430845.jpg (1124x1116, 130K)

Attached: here.jpg (300x534, 36K)

>still linear maps
>still combat arenas
>still ~dozen foes on screen at once
>literal Super Mario shit (1UPs and platforming)
>still no modding tools, and making it possible is not a priority
it'll be shit. Again.

wait a minute

Attached: sdfgsdg.png (353x403, 257K)

kek

That literally doesn't even make any sense

>I mean honestly it looks like losing health is apart of the game no matter how good and smart we play.
All atacks are projectiles and AI is rigged to hit you less while you are moving and enemies that aren't in your line of sight are less likely to attack so in theory avoiding getting hit is entirely possible.

How's Doom on Switch? say it on store for $9

Lots of unnecessary greeble that makes all the details blend into one smooth pattern.

From the footage of the level on the space base it looks like they're at least trying to make levels less "arenay".

I bet you liked RE7. Fucking faggot

A grappling hook on a shotgun makes so much sense, but I have no idea why its never been a thing before.

It’s a close range weapon that has an attachment that can bring him closer to enemies.

The entire game is two levels.

>Doom 2016 doesn't play exactly like the classics so it's fucking shit!

Neither did Doom 3 and a lot of you contrarian fuckos are defending that abomination out of pure spite acting like you even played either game at all. Doom 2016 and Doom Eternal feel more like a real Doom game than 3 ever did. Prove me wrong.

Attached: 1447764805117.png (624x318, 150K)

>The Diabolical Musket
>Lucifer’s Bane

>the descriptions are just demons shitposting about how much they loathe the weapons.

My one gripe is how fucking dumb that claw looks under the shotgun. It reminds me too much of neat weapon designs being coated in tacticool shit.

I would too if I kept getting shot by it.

i thought it was a bed ayylmao

Wheres the marketing for doom 3 that hyped it up as a "return of the classic shooter "? Oh right there is non unlike doom 2016.

Can't wait to see what microtransactions bethesda will introduce. Doom Eternal aint gon have rpg mechanics for nothing, after all

How about you wait for more information and a confirmation first? Jesus I hate it when shitposters overreact and jump to conclusions about unreleased games.

>he first 2 missions of doom eternal will have as much content as the entirety of doom 2016
I'll believe it when I see it
>they will give you the ability to customize your hud.
I believe that, and this is based

anyone who isn't a zoomer is a boomer and you know it

>what are Gen X & Y

>all this double-strawmanning and shit taste
D3 forces you to hunt ammo and health items. Thus, it is 100x more DooM than D2016.

I'm playing Doom 2016 for the first time and can't wait for Eternal. Really can't wait to fuck some demon's up with Slayer's new arm blade

are they going to fix the pacing issues of the previous game?
the game felt like it drag a lot

More excited for wrath desu

no

Nigger. Doom 3 was set up as a fucking HORROR GAME. It feels like the fucking opposite of a Doom game. It had you going around talking to soldiers and listening to recordings every 5 minutes. AND it was pitch black almost entirety. Fuck that game.

>It feels like the fucking opposite of a Doom game
Says a filthy secondary that missed out the fact that OG Dooms played like fast-paced survival horror titles, taking cues from Aliens and Evil Dead, with a lot of priority being put on locating and smartly using supplies.

And they never said otherwise. But in doom 2016s case they kept saying "SEE, SEE GUYS ITS LIKE CUHLASSIC DEWM LE RIP AND TEAR AMIRITE?" yet it plays like fucking painkiller

Yeah hey nitwit. Guess what. Doom 3 wasn't fast paced. It wasn't non-stop shooting. It wasn't shit like Evil Dead where you feel like an unstoppable killing machine.

It was a boring ass horror survival shooting game that deserved to be forgotten by every Doom fan with a brain.

Attached: demonigger.jpg (1059x1363, 316K)

>the hud is retarded and obtrusive
they go into great detail discussing how hud works in this game and why it looks like that. it's also customizable. get the hell outta here kid

Imagine being so salty that Doom 2016 was a commercial success that you go full contrarian and defend Doom 3 of all things. The fucking state of boomers.

Doom 3. How do you feel about it? I think it reminds me too much like Doom 64 trying to be like HL2.

>one guy defends doom 3
>haha all you boomers are dumb lol
Imagine thinking doom 2016 is anything like classic doom and not just a painkiller reboot

>halo meme in a doom thread
just leave

Its ok. Its not a good doom game or whatever. At least it still looks pretty good even now

I don’t get why people here want to so rabidly defend Doom 2016. The fact that the game throws instakill/infinite ammo/infinite health mechanics at you, not introducing any boss battles until the last quarter of the game, and the poor level design that is just hallway->arena->hallway->arena, are legit criticisms. It’s really telling when you’re only arguments are “well it was fun! Don’t be a boomer”

Dog shit.

If you don’t like to rip and tear, what’s the point of even playing doom?

It reminds me of the Alien movies little too much. Also the enemies are fucking bullet sponges.

>reaction images are memes now
Zoom zoom

Stop bullying Doom 3, cunts.

Attached: Birdie.jpg (399x480, 31K)

I want to play doom wads with friends. How do I do that?

posting master chief in anyway in a doom thread is pic related retard

Attached: disgusting.png (261x295, 152K)

zandronum

I mean theres nothing wrong with taking influence from something good. Im playing it on veteran right now and i disagree. The shotgun can down imps in 1 to 2 shots if your close. enemies have super telegraphed attacks and ammo is so common that its not that big a deal

dont forget: doomguy is not 8 feet tall. he is canonically 6ft.

Attached: 1562966992245.jpg (1024x962, 36K)

thank god its nothing like the original doom you retard, that's why its a good game

head canons wrought by nerds are always cringe but easy to ignore. When it gets bad is when the devs buy into it and make it an official part of the lore (for instance, the Zelda "timeline")

Thoughts on Doomguy's partner?

Attached: Codex-uac-personnel-VEGA.jpg (201x206, 7K)

>enemies are bullet sponges unless you 'press f to kill enemy'
nuDoom fucking sucks

What if its Doomguy beating up Masterchef

>dont be like a good game. Be like a mediocre game

>Nuum has actual problems
>access to earlier areas of the level being cut off as you progress further
>annoyingly specific challenges that turn enemies into scarce commodity you have to carefully manage if you want to fully upgrade your arsenal
>some enemies look like cartoonish fantasy shit
>half of weapon mods are useless
>can't NG+ on higher difficulty
>meanwhile contrarian niggers bitch about muh arenas and muh glory kills
Don't give (you)s to those mongoloids who haven't even played the game.

Attached: 1558243819071.jpg (350x427, 48K)

More like 2%

Turn the stagger highlight off and you will end up barely ever using glory kills. >not cutscenes were we stick in you a room Half Life 2 style

>not cutscenes were we stick in you a room Half Life 2 style
Wasn't it technically possible to walk about before he finished speaking in that part?
Also those started in the first half life not 2

I believe some of the hero shooters have characters that have both grappling hook and shotgun but as two separate devices.

Has the return of the shotgun grenade launcher been confirmed? I think I have only seen the triple shot used

>just tint the visor and BOOM, perfection
Make the helmet grey too.

No its neat.

They're insanely lucky too that Id Software is almost two different divisions between Wolfenstein and Doom, and Doom has the people that actually give a fuck in it. The sheer tonal difference between their Wolfenstein presentations and their Doom presentations is astonishing, Wolfenstein won't shut the fuck up about HEY NAZIS ARE BAD, DID YOU KNOW NAZIS ARE BAD??? YOU GET TO KILL NAZIS IN THIS GAME, GOSH THOSE NAZIS while Doom just gets on with it and actually shows gameplay without talking over it unless appropriate

>thinks doom 1,2 are good
retarded boomers at their finest

Slayer is Doom Guy. I mean you can even see his face when you get killed in the classic bonus zones

There are skins of some sort for sure but I doubt there will be lootboxs at least.

>I do hope they drop mele shit
Actual melee would have fine, rather than this cinematic takedown shit.

Attached: 1546120063851.jpg (660x574, 31K)

Invasion looks fun, I will probably do a run with it off and another on
The 1v2 battle mode seems kind of interesting but it will get old fast. They should have had a tacked on arena shooter like last time alongside it.

>meanwhile contrarian niggers bitch about muh arenas and muh glory kills

>issues with level design and gameplay mechanics that make up the actual experience
>these are somehow minor issues

Attached: 1551549729486.jpg (1000x1000, 45K)

>>can't NG+ on higher difficulty
Huh? I've been replaying levels on my fully upgraded Ultra Violence save file just fine.

I like nuDoom, and it’s well...nuDoom.
There’s one level in that ends with a solid minute of 15 FPS, I played through the level again after to see if it was a fluke, but it’s consistently shit. And the textures are overall a tad worse.
It’s a good port and enjoyable and didn’t see cut content, it’s just not the best version.

>A 100 hours?
Sure, if rpgs can do it why can't shooters, especially the biggest release of the decade.

Machinegames who are in SWEDEN made Cuckenstein, user.

I convinced myself the mobile game was so they could raise awareness of the franchise before they announced a real game at quakecon
Boy do I feel silly.

>According to the devs, doom eternal claim that the first 2 missions of doom eternal will have as much content as the entirety of doom 2016
Its going to be three missions long but each mission is going to last hours

>Shotgun was made ugly for literally no reason. Combat shotgun looked amazing in NuDoom and then they just made it worse
I actually agree with you hear
I loved the presentation for the most part but the new shotgun design sucks.
I hope it at least still has the grenade launcher.

It’s back, but it’s a sticky bomb now.

You'd know the answer to this if bothered watching any gameplay footage.

VEGA is based.
Honestly, if they decided to have a spinoff where he is implanted into a suit and just starts beating the shit out of demons, I wouldn't mind.

you all arent going to be bitching about level design and glory kills when you figure out why they even put lives in the game. every previous doom had essentially unlimited lives and restarts . doom eternal wont. unless youre going to pony up for micro x and buy those sweet sweet extra lives.

boss made unfairly difficult? but if you had just 1 more life you could keep fighting him and win. so pay up , well even let you do it on the fly via pop up window on the you are dead screen.

im still buying the game day 1 but just so when i hit the bullshit paywall i know why ill never buy anything bethesda touches in the future.

Is this a subtle political compass?

lol

But user, I like doom 3 and doom 2016.

>Holy Shit!

dont lol its going to happen they might even delay their implementation like crash bandicoot did to avoid negative reviews and press. bethesda is EAs' ugly euopean sister.

I don't usually care for rule 63 stuff but Doomguy gender-swap gets me rock hard for some reason. It might be the freckles on that one.

Attached: 1559448666406.gif (512x446, 265K)

The Witcher 3 was marketed as an RPG yet it's a Ubisoft game made by slavs.

buff girls are superior, that's the deal

>Whole video is some hotshot dev talking about how it's the "thinking mans shooter"(literal quote) because you have to shoot the glowy points on enemies first.
this was dumb to me, not sure if they really "lglowed" though
>Combat was ridiculously fucking slow, it hurt to watch. I really hope they were just playing it on easy so they could talk while playing.
dude was playing on a console I think, had the side turns like it was a controller
>He also couldn't play, which made it awful to watch
above
>He also couldn't talk, which made it awful to listen. He could never get to the point, had to re-phrase everything he said, stuttering.
probably focusing more on not looking like a pleb at the game
>HUD just looks like a glowy phone game now, hopefully you can turn it all off.
you can always turn the hud off in these gamesx
yeah it looked like shit
>Assault rifle got an ugly paintjob for no reason
same here, sniper mode looked uninteresting
>Plasma rifle was the weakest looking and feeling gun in Doom, they somehow managed to make it even worse by making it a fallout energy weapon.
kinda liked that they changed its design from that old one, at least it looks better
>No more guns than before according to the weapon wheel, actually looked like less.
hopefully this isnt the case, most of the guns seem to have new functions though
still gonna buy it at release and play it, nudoom was pretty fun despite what people say about it if you played on UV or nightmare
Of course that really is the only way to play it, max difficulty from the start