Can we have a thread for unexpectedly horrifying things in games?

Can we have a thread for unexpectedly horrifying things in games?

>be playing GTA5
>hmm how deep can I go in the ocean in this game
>get into sub
>as I descend deeper it gets darker
>get to a point where the controller starts to vibrate and a pressure warning pops up
>heart is racing and a feeling of dread starts to set in
>nope
Other than that I don't get scared at all in games or have a reaction as visceral

Attached: ocean.jpg (1280x720, 32K)

I feel the same way in this game. I have some strange underwater phobia in here, especially when I find sunken things. Gives a weird feeling that you described in your post.

Attached: treasure-site-gta-v.jpg (1280x720, 33K)

Have you played Subnautica? That's the feeling you maintain in the game the entire time if you're sensitive to that kind of thing

Beat me to it

I can deal with it if there's a bottom. Like that lake with the plane in it, I can swim in that all day or even the deeper parts away from the beach. It's when you get to that dropoff and there's nothing but black abyss below you.. fuck even thinking about it has me sweating

Haven't played it but I'm gonna give it a go

>add sub
>put absolutely nothing of note in the ocean
Points for crush depth though

Attached: 1431050517927.jpg (3699x2774, 712K)

Let me tell you. If that got to you in GTA V, you will 100% nope out quite a few times in the game. Recommended for sure

What is this in the image? I thought I've explored everything in GTA5 and I don't recall what this is.

This. I didn't realize I was scared of the ocean until I picked up what was ostensibly a brightly colored game where you build sweet underwater bases.

Never pulled the trigger on that game. Foreign aliens underwater just doesn't do it for me.

pretty sure thats irl
also speaking of subnautica, the only things that really scared me were the fucking noises, i'm so used to shit being on the same level as me that having the option of 360 movement really spooked me
>THEY CAN COME FROM ANYWHERE BRO

Attached: anon in public.png (540x611, 159K)

>playing new subnautica
>going around tentacle trench and shit
>start getting pulled through geometry and objects
>think i'm in a glitch or something
>NOPE ITS A FUCKING SINKHOLE MONSTER, HOPE YOU ENJOY VORE LMAO

also what the fuck, i can't look at this game without seeing the vore fetish everywhere

BASICALLY EVERYTHING EATS SHIT WHOLE, and you're death scenes are oddly well animated and detailed, which i know the only reason behind that trash is FETISH FAGGOTS

Attached: 1550666184132.jpg (300x300, 15K)

>finally finish this bullshit maze in hazardous course
>pic related
>subsequent part has a leap of faith across a catwalk over a pitch black chasm
>after a few deaths manage to reach the other side
>turn around and notice there is a pair of red eyes that had been staring at me from the chasm the entire time
I thought this mod was supposed to be funny

Attached: maze.png (895x720, 230K)

pic of red eyes?

>you can lose control of your character under water due to huge creatures that eat you whole
Holy shit

Attached: scaredskelly.jpg (866x1390, 130K)

Game?

what is that called
cant find anything about it on the wiki

Are you fucking stupid or something?

a mod for halflife thats about bullshit platforming
its a fun time

the fucking scarecrow in hitman 2

Sorry but I am not going to subject myself to that hell again for a screenshot. Play it yourself. It's a great experience.
I literally said the name of the game in the first line of the post

Attached: glowing_red_eyes_in_the_dark_by_Roiler.jpg (955x602, 11K)

i might play it actually

should i play hazardous course or hazardous course 2?

There's only one Hazardous Course mod. The 2 is there because the author is ESL and pictures it as a "sequel" to Half-Life's Hazard Course.

It managed to keep a pretty tense atmosphere throughout the whole thing. Personally for me the Sparse Reef was the most terrifying, despite there being no leviathans there. I just kept expecting something to attack me the whole time, with the low light and cloudy water, and just totally desolate landscape. Even that didn't prepare me for how horrifying navigating the dunes were with reapers popping up out of nowhere and screaming in my ear. Then I checked out what others had to say on Yea Forums and found out I was in a pool with a nigger the entire game, and underwater segments in games have just been too much for me since.

Attached: mouse1.jpg (259x194, 9K)

i didnt quite think about that the tutorial from the game was called the hazardous course
the 2 just confused me

not quite related but
>playing game late into the night
>briefly look up from desk
>

Attached: IMG_20190802_235014298.jpg (4160x3120, 3.84M)

whats that?
a paif of binoculars hanging off a lanyard?

Why is E.T. looking at your floor?

>letting bloodcykas sneak up on you

If anything that game helped me get over it. Yeah at first its scary but then you see the cartoony monsters and the draw distance lag and its not so scary anymore