This is the worst newcomer addition in Smash history! Say something mean to him!

This is the worst newcomer addition in Smash history! Say something mean to him!

Attached: inshiteroar.jpg (1280x720, 128K)

Other urls found in this thread:

discord.gg/KdhvjcB
youtube.com/watch?v=ty5lUK-EM-A
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

smash fun
discord.gg/KdhvjcB

No

Corrin and Palutena are the worst.

He needs slightly better textures on his torso, but he's pretty great aside from that

Why palutena?

I wish you would be replaced by Hawlucha because I fucking love your playstyle but I hate you as a pokemon.

why did you use a picture of incineroar for your thread about corrin?

Attached: 1545101062304.png (894x682, 375K)

Probably because he's a fag.
Let's be honest. Any other Pokemon would have been a better choice than Incineroar, even Luvdisc.

He looks like a fursuit, especially the hands.

At least Fem Corrin is cute! Incineroar is ugly as sin and has no redeeming qualities!

plebbit is that way, fire emblem fag. your series is shovelware.

Attached: 1487558821741.png (453x500, 125K)

furry bait

Your series has games that are the quality of shovelware!
youtube.com/watch?v=ty5lUK-EM-A

There's at least a handful of Fire Emblem characters that are more worthless of additions than him, Incineroar at least some fun ideas and SOUL in his moveset.

so does yours. the difference is that fire emblem has nothing on the level of explorers of sky or b2w2. cope.

Attached: 1542589053686.png (497x362, 144K)

That's not Corrin

No he fucking doesn't. Incineroar is completely worthless and should have never been added.

FE is a series with mainly human characters, so there isn't a lot of variety with fighters you could add from it. Pokemon, on the other hand, has so many different monsters with unique attributes, so adding in yet another heavyweight Fire starter reeks of creative bankruptcy.

>comes from a game already extremely overrepresented in Smash 4
>not even a main character, but a secondary
>gimmick doesn't make sense for her, and also forced more dev time for her than most other characters
>without customs she's arguably the least unique non clone newcomer in the game.

Palu fights with a staff, some magic and a shield which is plenty unique. Also KI:U had a fair amount of representation unlike FE which is still kingpin of getting fanservice it didn't deserve in 4.

Incineroar ha, more like incelroar.

would he have been a better addition?

Attached: Blaziken.png (1902x1756, 994K)

You mean Hero?

>Palu fights with a staff, some magic and a shield which is plenty unique.

I mean the shield is the only one that really contributed to the moveset for like 2 moves and even then it doesn't come close to the creativity most other Smash 4 newcomers had.

>Also KI:U had a fair amount of representation unlike FE which is still kingpin of getting fanservice it didn't deserve in 4.

I agree FE had it better but Uprising was pretty damn close

>2 new characters, one of which getting completely unique customs
>2 stages
>multiple items and assist trophies
>one of the three series to get character specific win quotes
>palutenas guidance
>barely less smash run enemies than fucking mario

I like it because is fun to play

Could even have worked as another Cpt Falcon clone.

Attached: 1450742740672.png (800x1280, 223K)

>Pit was the only KI fighter before Palutena
>who are Luigi, Peach, or Falco (to name a few)?
>gimmick is to incorporate powerups from Uprising without having to completely redo Pit's moveset
>without customs she's perfectly fine and actually usable in tourneys
Basically you're just a tard

>Pit was the only KI fighter before Palutena

Even ignoring the characters it's still blatantly overrepped in 4.

>>who are Luigi, Peach, or Falco (to name a few)?

All come from bigger series.

>>gimmick is to incorporate powerups from Uprising without having to completely redo Pit's moveset

It's backwards ass reasoning to justify Palutena in the game, especially since a lot of characters had some form of customization/powerups in their own games, and they're the ones that actually use it.

>>without customs she's perfectly fine and actually usable in tourneys

Without customs she's the most milktoast newcomer in the game besides clones.

new characters, one of which getting completely unique customs
Dark Pit was an actual, literal pallet swap and Customs was Palu's gimmick. Miis were much more offensive on this angle.
stages
Barely relevant since nearly every franchise got a new map in 4.
>>multiple items and assist trophies
Also barely relevant since said models were copy pasted from the 3DS meaning they were cheap additions.
Furthermore, KI is entirely first party. Even second party things like Pokemon require royalities and ample paperwork, it's more likely KI had a lot of content because Sakurai didn't have to set up meetings over usage rights like how he has to with Pokemon.
>>one of the three series to get character specific win quotes
Primarily because KI is one of the few franchises that has multiple characters who actively talk to one another, FE does this as well along with Star Fox. This also didn't take any devtime since it was maybe 2 lines each.
>>palutenas guidance
A fair replacement for the then dead Codecs.
>>barely less smash run enemies than fucking mario
Same point as before, they were easy additions and Smash Run was almost entirely useless filler with that didn't even let two people show up on each other's screens.

All of this applies to FE and is small potatoes compared to Fire Emblem getting a newcomer, a clone, a PAID DLC clone and a shill DLC rep. Palu is a perfectly fine Smash addition and has both the history as a Nintendo character and individuality as a Smash fighter to warrant her inclusion, Corrin, Roy and Chrom have none of these and are way worse as a result.

Every franchise in smash should have at least 3 characters, I believe. I'm not gonna ask for it, as that would be a task for the developers, but is nice to see a good ensemble to rep a team. But I guess that's hard for people like WFT, DuckHunt, Rob and G&W

>Dark Pit was an actual, literal pallet swap and Customs was Palu's gimmick. Miis were much more offensive on this angle.

Literally only one other franchise got the pallet swap. Hell they "didnt have time" for Alph even for Ultimate.

>Barely relevant since nearly every franchise got a new map in 4.

Most only got one. Uprising was one of the exceptions apart from the big franchises and FE.

>Also barely relevant since said models were copy pasted from the 3DS meaning they were cheap additions.
Furthermore, KI is entirely first party. Even second party things like Pokemon require royalities and ample paperwork, it's more likely KI had a lot of content because Sakurai didn't have to set up meetings over usage rights like how he has to with Pokemon.

I can't prove that the models weren't actually easy to port over but judging by how much effort went into representing Uprising in the rest of the game it's not unreasonable to assume bias was a part of it.

>Primarily because KI is one of the few franchises that has multiple characters who actively talk to one another, FE does this as well along with Star Fox. This also didn't take any devtime since it was maybe 2 lines each.

>Ganon not having anything to say after beating Link
>Sonic not having anything to say after beating Mario
>Meta Knight not having anything to say after beating Kirby

But oh man, we gotta have something for when Dark Pit beats Pit. Now THAT'S an iconic rivalry.

>A fair replacement for the then dead Codecs.

lmao no it isn't.

No thanks, I prefer Incineroar

Won't work because Hawlucha is a manlet.

Corrin is worse. At least Incineroar is visually unique and pleasing to look at, and has a unique and fun moveset to play around with. Corrin has none of those things.

Attached: incineroar.png (183x204, 15K)

Also honestly a lot of Incineroar won't work with Hawlucha. Most of Incineroar's moveset complements his appearance (big, in your face, strong moves rather than acrobatic, which is saying something because of Incineroar's great aerials). Then there's the personality angle which differs from the usual Hawlucha style (over the top actor who showboats vs b-but wrestling is real).

>visually unique
It's another bipedal furry character.
>pleasing to look at
It's fucking repulsive. The hell are you on?
>unique moveset
He plays like Donkey Kong.
Incineroar is garbage and always will be.

And yet no smash character plays like him.

>plays like donkey kong

Are you by any chance that faggot who kept losing to incineroar?

>another down b counter
Incineroar is shit shit shit.

>Also honestly a lot of Incineroar won't work with Hawlucha.

The only one I can think of is dark lariat, which ought to be a different move anyways since it's a signature for Incineroar.

Otherwise, speed him up a little bit and adjust damage to compensate so he isn't just a powerhouse in a tiny, hard to hit package.

>Most of Incineroar's moveset complements his appearance (big, in your face, strong moves rather than acrobatic, which is saying something because of Incineroar's great aerials).

That's a good reason in favor of Hawlucha - most of Incineroar's ground moves are pretty mediocre or bad, dangerous, but bad. A good aerial game is exactly why Hawlucha is a better pick.

>>Ganon not having anything to say after beating Link
Ganon doesn't say anything in Smash PERIOD.
>>Sonic not having anything to say after beating Mario
Their rivalry is long dead, Mario also can't say anything back due to not talking.
>>Meta Knight not having anything to say after beating Kirby
See above. Also FE characters have a shitton of unique lines for no real reason, even for characters who have never met before or for things as simple as Male/Female Robin talking to Lucina, which is a much more confusing problem.
>>Hell they "didnt have time" for Alph even for Ultimate.
Wasn't Alph going to have Rock Pikimn? That alone would have been more work for a simple pallet swap than altering a special or two.
>>Most only got one. Uprising was one of the exceptions apart from the big franchises and FE.
No, a ton of franchises got more than one, and most franchises, KI included, didn't get their 3DS stage added to the Wii U version, leaving KI with only one new stage in the "definitive" Smash 4.
>>I can't prove that the models weren't actually easy to port over but judging by how much effort went into representing Uprising in the rest of the game it's not unreasonable to assume bias was a part of it.
Then you're being retarded on purpose since the models and animations were ripped right from KI:U and ported into Smash 3DS, meanwhile franchises like Star Fox or Metroid didn't have a recent 3DS title to rip assets from, meaning they'd need to make new enemies from scratch for a shitty throwaway mode.

Incineroar doesn't even play like a grappler, his gameplan is throwing out aerials nonstop till he gets a killing backair or makes you shield so he can Side B you, and Ganon actually does the exact same thing.

Hahaha go take your stupid opinions elsewhere

Attached: tranny_btfo.webm (1280x720, 2.35M)

>incinceroar
>counter

Lmao

Are you high? His ground data is great. Part of why his aerials are great is because of his heavy set. Hawlucha also doesn't do Irish whips, his style is more like El Fuerte vs Zangief/Alex which is Incineroar.

think you put the wrong file in your Corrin thread, bud

Attached: savage_cat.png (400x354, 117K)

Nah. You're not as shitty as Corrin's reveal.

Also Banjo got to survive the Grinchening, so it's all good.

Attached: 1538239864769.png (291x307, 13K)

>bair
>not nair

And nah Ganon is more of a true heavyhitter. Incineroar is more of a technical fighter, honestly reminds me a bit of Brawl Wolf in some ways.

>implying Banjo surviving was a good thing
Both Banjo and Incineroar are repulsive cereal mascots that should have never been added.

Not really. Ganondorf is slow in everything he does. Incineroar's only slow trait is his mobility. All his attacks are lightning fast and come out instantly. A good chunk of them combo too, unlike Ganon's meaty attacks.

Attached: 250px-Kukui_Incineroar.png (250x141, 48K)

all pokemon and fire emblems characters need to be removed

I would of liked Incineroar if he didn’t have a shitty recovery and if wasn’t Bara Bait. At least I don’t completely hate him. The only thing that can actually make me fucking pissed off is another Fire Emblem character.

pichu makes my dick unfathomably hard

Daily reminder that regarding what you think of Incineroar, at least he isn't Decidueye. You know something is wrong when the fucking anime makes fun of you.

The grinch leak had better picks and most of them should have been since launch but noooo...

Nintendo and their nepotism bullcrap

Nope. Dark Pit is still the shittiest; literally no one except Sakurai was happy for him being included.
Second worst would be Corrin, as she's only included to market her game.

I got bored of doing that a long time ago user. It grew tiresome. That doesnt change the fact your right.

Attached: 1562113246253.png (364x344, 56K)

There's nothing actually technical about Incineroar though, his ground game is terrible so all he can do is shit aerials nonstop. His aerials are really good yeah but his gameplan is so linear that he's easy to deal with and also an extremely far cry from a grappler. It's funny you mention Wolf since he actually gets a ton off of grabs in Ultimate while Incineroar is both too slow to grab consistently and his grabs are too strong to get combos outside of low percent dthrow fair. Even his good grounded move, dtilt, leads into more aerials and nothing else.

I just find it really ironic that the "grappler" character relies almost exclusively on aerials which makes him vastly inferior to the tons of other aerial based characters that are faster, have more range and can recover consistently.

>a series that started with mostly kiddie ""cereal mascots"" gets even more.
>one of which is a N64 classic
>the other is from the world's biggest media franchise

Sorry we had to miss out on yet another VN waifu to get some honest Nintendo content.

Attached: 1553490238538.jpg (1024x1024, 94K)

I'm not gay. Why would I be attracted to male furry characters?

>Every franchise in smash should have at least 3 characters, I believe
I agree. Three seemed like a well-rounded number. But consider that certain series took until now to just to get a third rep. Ultimate shows how erratic the decisions for characters were in some areas.
>Three Links and no newcomer since 2001
>DK and Metroid only now have more than two reps
>Fire Emblem has literally half its roster derived from one fighter
>KI and Kirby got three reps before DK and Metroid
>Fire Emblem went from two reps to fucking six in one game

you don't need to be gay to be attracted to male furry characters

Metroid is a D-list franchise. It has no popularity in Japan.

>Is a full playable character meanwhile other good ones are roting as assist trophy's

Attached: a plant.png (800x502, 163K)

is there a tony the tiger alt skin

>still seething after all this time
dilate

Attached: 1541119479801.jpg (982x694, 398K)

Piranha Plant has a unique moveset and is one of the most iconic enemies which are an important part of vidya.

It's funny how the only people who defend Incineroar are "le salty, seething, dilate XD" contrarians and not genuine fans.

Why do you have to be to play their games? Animu isn't everything user.

Palutena was expected. Dark Pit will always be a stupid choice, echo or otherwise.

Good thing other regions were taken into consideration this time around.

Do you even play incineroar? His ground is fine. In fact he has great neutral play.

I'm curious, would Corrin have been better received had he been a Ultimate newcomer?

go back to /vp/ owl fag.

Attached: 1442526245612.jpg (1136x640, 116K)

>I ignore everything

Yes, and my friend is a decent Incineroar main, we do dittos for fun. Guess what moves I'm primarily dealing with against him.

I don't even care about Decidueye or other starters for that matter.

Not really. People were already sick of FE by the time Roy got in, and even Isabelle was enough to derail the hype train. A fucking Fates character would've absolutely still assblasted most people, the only difference would be people wouldn't call it "literally who".

Honestly he should've been a series staple since Brawl

>Upset about Incineroar getting into Smash because of the large amount of Pokemon
>End up liking his playstyle and using his revenge is pretty fun
>Happy when Joker gets announced, loved Persona 5
>Don't really play him too often, not into his play style
>Upset when Hero is announced because of the large amount of swordsmen
>End up liking his spell list, and his luck based nonsense
It's odd

>his ground game is terrible so all he can do is shit aerials nonstop.
Imagine being so deluded that you continue to spread blatant lies like this despite being proven wrong time and time again by reality. Dilate.

Attached: 1543503102039.webm (288x360, 1.56M)

In the sense that more people actually like it yes, but it's just as shit as the cat

Stay mad faggot. He's fun to play

What kind of S O I boy do you have to be to hate on the wrestle cat?

Definitely. Corrin is an average as fuck character but the worst thing about him was the timing.
>shill character shown off after the ballot
>2nd FE DLC character, only Nintendo DLC newcomer
>game wasn't even out in the US so people were still calling him Kamui
>had zero fan demand outside of the same obnoxious FE fags who just want the newest FE character
>spoiled his own game

>Upset when Hero is announced because of the large amount of swordsmen
Fucking kill yourself, retard. That's like someone complaining when Little Mac got in because there were too many fist-fighters. Swordsmen don't all play the same. The difference between Link and Lucina is bigger than the difference between Mario and Captain Falcon.

worst is actually joker, objectively

corrin and incineroar are tied for second worst, palutena is fine

>m-m-my casual f-friend only uses aerials!!
>y-yeah, that's it! that's the only reason why i'm saying this provable fact is untrue!!

The fire emblem hate is retarded. 99% of the franchises featured in smash bros has recurring protagonists, whereas Fire Emblem has a different protag every single game. Stop being a crybaby

He's probably playing too offensively on-ground and trying to dash-attack everybody,. From what I've seen it's pure bait-outs followed by correctly-timed aerials are where he seems to excel at the most.

smash fun..
discord.gg/KdhvjcB

Has cloud been nerfed to the point where hes weak now? I haven't played in a few months

he's decent

>almost every fire emblem character
>every KI character that isn’t pit
>young link
>joker
>hero
Plus, I mean Incineroar has personality, every frame is oozing with charm and energy, like a furry randy savage
None of the characters I listed at all have any of that

>The difference between Link and Lucina is bigger than the difference between Mario and Captain Falcon.
Yeah, and the difference between Mario and Luigi is bigger than the difference between Lucina and Marth.

Calm it autists, you're both right. Incineroar can absolutely body people with effective defensive play and combos into up-b (learn 2 bait), but is otherwise most effective with aerials more than anything else if the smashes don't kill, hence why your buddy is spamming them. The average montage shows pretty much all of this.

After making sure this fucking furfaggot bait got in and the general shittiness of Sworf and Shield, I genuinely hope Matsuda an heroes.

Should've said Marth and Roy.
Now he's just gonna sperg about Dr. Mario on you.

Incineroar is based

Corrin is the worst and you know it

Attached: 1548461263644.png (1055x886, 684K)

Let xim. We can just laugh at xim after.

Still considered high tier?

Honestly while I didn't care much about incineroar pre-release, I think he actually is pretty fun to play every now and then, and he's got some charmingly entertaining animations even though his design isn't all that stellar.

Gotta agree with others in the thread, Corrin's got an interesting moveset but he/she's gotta be the most nothing character in the entire roster, I just don't feel a thing for them and they feel like they just take up space. and their real crime is that the backlash towards their reveal probably ensures we won't get a Three Houses rep soon

Attached: 1564355234670.jpg (816x979, 69K)

mid-high

corrin and incineroar are in the same position, garbage characters put in only to shill

Retarded FEcucks like you thinking we need an obligatory FE fighter that does nothing new and has zero fan demand are the reason the roster is so bloated with FE trash in the first place.

official smash shitpost club.
discord.gg/KdhvjcB

to be fair, he's a heel, you're supposed to hate him.

It does: Genealogy of the holy war

>im not gay
nobody mentioned you were gay, but i think you just admitted it yourself buddy boy

Except I don't find it obligatory, just a character I would like to see over Corrin. Please learn to read

I love beating people online with him because there is always a 20-30% chance a player will quit mid-game if you start dominating them.

What an effective heel this cat is. Doing his job well.

For some reason I've begun experiencing this when playing Ridley. I dunno why but it's funny seeing people just randomly give up and SD their remaining stocks

Another day, another piece of proof that Shovel Knight will never and should never be in Smash.

Attached: Wrong_Knight.png (905x982, 517K)

We just need a 2d platformer fighting game but with all indie characters. Hollow Knight Vessel duking it out with Quote and Shovel Knight on an undertale stage

I would buy it instantly. Also, you forgot pic related.

Attached: Trapezohedron.jpg (640x326, 58K)

He’s a pretty cool character gameplay and aesthetic wise. Why would you think he’s bad, compared to the other characters?

Pokemon is not literally any inde game.

I'm not even going to bother ctrl+F-ing my main's name. I'm sure it's in the double digits.
Stop it you fucking bullies. Stop rosterfagging please. People will just get in over the slow march of time. Make your love clear and it may be rewarded, but don't become expectant and don't turn your disappointment into rage. It's a useless negative emotion. When something you don't like is in, be happy that something someone else likes is in. If you care about Smash in the first place, is there not someone already in you're attached to? The absence of someone who was never here in the first place shouldn't bother you so much.

I feel as though things will rarely be in a suitable state for me after this game is replaced. Be happy that you still able to have hope, instead of watching your love be crushed between the cogs of time in terrible circumstances that it's too weak to survive.

True, I don’t really get your point though.

Memes aside, people are pissed about incineroar not because he's (it's?) a bad character.
They're pissed because there are so many better characters which could have --and should have-- been added instead.

He has zero fan demand because the fans keep shaming people for liking the fire emblem characters we have and we just got corrin. The reason we got lucina,chrom, robin corrin is because the fire emblem cast had so many demanded characters, compared to other Nintendo ips.

Isn’t that the case with any character?

Wrong. Porky is the worst soon to be newcomer and you'll STILL pay 5.99 for him.

Attached: fat cunt.jpg (640x640, 47K)

The difference, from what I know, is that while the other characters being added are usually fan favorites from popular properties (Metroid, DK, etc), or at least implement new games which a very small group of people have been advocating for (most of the DLC characters), incineroar is just another pokemon character, of which we already have like five of. He's sort of becoming the symbol of the unnecessary and redundant Smash character.

He still has an extremely unique move set and playstyle though which is more than can be said for the influx of FE swordpersons in recent time

I don't think anyone's arguing that the Fire Emblem Brigade is a straight trash fire that should be deleted immediately and replaced with actual characters.

However, they weren't in the right place to become poster boys, so incineroar gets the hate instead.

>He's sort of becoming the symbol of the unnecessary and redundant Smash character.
That's Corrin. At least Incineroar has a fun moveset and personality.

Shit, I meant that no one's arguing that they're NOT a straight trash fire that should be deleted immediately and replaced with actual characters.

Judging from earlier in this thread, I think they probably both made the cut in that category.

YOU FREAK FUCK BASTARD

Boy Hero sure managed to take the heat off him didn't he?

Attached: sax-khan-protag.jpg (1300x1920, 273K)

After 4.0, Joker's chances of getting nerfed are fucking slim to none. That counter nerf was a joke. Guess he'll stay disproportionately strong until the game dies.

Palutena wasn't the worst but they chose the worst possible time to reveal her, especially over Pac-Man.

>your series is shovelware.
And Pokémon isn't? Come on now.

I consider him weak in the sense smash 4 cloud wouldn't be broken in ultimate imo, but he's actually perfectly average

>he still thinks incineroar is a shillmon

Do you both underage know what shovelware is?

In what ways would you say he's disproportionately strong other than arsene being too easy to come out?

>shitty throwaway mode.
Smash Run is the best sidemode Smash has ever had fuck you

why are you coming to a videogame expecting arousal you fucking loser

That's literally the whole reason why he's disproportionately strong. He ain't OP, he's just bullshit.
I fucking hate his drag down combos too but I don't really think you can do anything about those.

I'm gonna bully Incineroars butt!

Attached: D_HeuuuUcAEJF0O.jpg (1057x1033, 156K)

His drag down combos are pretty much one of the only ways he can reliably rack up percent sans-Arsene though
I really think if they just made it harder/longer for Joker to gain enough meter to bring Arsene out, then the character would be a reasonable high tier. Like reduce the amount of SP you get from getting smacked around or something
Maybe I'm biased because I find the character fun despite not maining him

I'd just remove the free charge he gets from dying

Corrin was fine. She's at least got an original moveset. I'd be a lot more forgiving of FE reps if their movesets were more unique.

Palutena is also fine, though rather uninteresting as a character. The worst addition, however, was Dark Pit. Even the Miis at fucking least have something going for them.

Oh yeah and extend Joker's hurtbox when Arsene's out. No way that can be seen as anything other than reasonable given how much reward Arsene gives for how little it costs to bring him out

Attached: 1555464210019.png (417x345, 255K)

Nope, Bayonetta is still the worst and she always will be.

Men who complain about bara are the same as women who complain about women with big boobs.
Maybe even worse since men play games to jack off so much that it makes them more hypocritical.

Attached: D1TGWTzUcAAi-e6.jpg (944x1140, 106K)

If you look at it objectively, Greninja is worse