Here's what is going on with Ubisoft

A lot of fans have been noticing Ubisoft has been going very silent since that E3 presentation that was... subpar to say the least. There's been a lot going on behind the scenes, some because of E3, most of it years coming. Here is a general overview.

pastebin.com/2c3wbsaC

Attached: 1200px-Ubisoft_2017.svg.png (1200x1101, 43K)

Other urls found in this thread:

steamcommunity.com/games/606710/announcements/detail/3534666999974563931
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>prince of persia
>nintendo exclusive
Thank fucking god. I would have been fucking pissed.

From what I heard it was because they didn't want to bother with porting any more Assassins Creeds because it was a lot of work with little reward. Prince of Persia would have been a lot easier supposedly

>dude trust me

Attached: 1564787064894.jpg (695x997, 241K)

>There were talks earlier this year of a Rayman 2 remake or even the trilogy for the 25th anniversary next year. However, due to various reasons, this project was abandoned before it really began.

Attached: 1562994734487.jpg (600x600, 24K)

Everyone knows those investor documents are made up to look better than they actually are. And record returns mean shit all in the industry. Remember Activision laying off hundreds of people are insane profits?

Rayman is officially far back on the backburner

when you lay it out like that it becomes clear that ubishits only good series is far cry

It could've been good. I'm disappointed they canned it.

I haven't heard much on Far Cry. It's been very low drama. If I hear something interesting, maybe I'll update.

Even internally, Ubisoft swears up and down Prince of Persia isn't dead. I have no earthly idea when it might return, but apparently they're just waiting for the right moment I guess. They apparently thought it could be an integral part of a Nintendo relationship, but yeah, that got canned early on.

Of course I'd like a POP with modern graphics on PC, but if they did that there's a much greater chance it would end up as a bloated open-world mess. If it was a Switch exclusive they might reign in the scope to the point where it actually stayed true to the originals. At any rate, I hope it comes back one way or another.

heh, ubisoft?
more like poopisoft

you work at ubisoft or something?

From what I heard, and remember it was early on and the final project might have ended up entirely differently, the Prince of Persia game would have been a sort of remake/reimagining of the Ubisoft reboot series. It would have featured the same characters, general plot, and core gameplay, just with new levels on a grander scale with some new abilities. Basically, stick to what fans know. A very basic restart.

How else would have I gotten this information?

Dumb fucks. They could have made or showed splinter cell then people would have loved the show.

I remember back when they first made that logo I saw a gif on r**dit where it was rendered in 3d and turn on its side to look like a pile of shit.

sorry ubishit i only have room for one digital storefront on my computer

Attached: 600.jpg (300x213, 5K)

>No more Tom Clancy
If true that's a big yikes from me. Ubi ain't getting my $$$ anymore

I see a lot of those "my brother's friend works at this or that studio" type posts. I guess you are QA? I used to work there few years back as a dev. Most of the leaks were from third party QA groups or so I was led to believe, from places like Romania and Pune. Although it wouldn't be suprised if its from a disgruntled employee from montreal

I'm not saying Ubisoft will go down the drain. I'm just saying expect a lot less on the Nintendo side and don't be surprised with pivots made with some franchises.

Tom Clancy isn't gone. The series makes a lot of money. We're just not going to see the market flooded with the series, which is probably best for the IP anyway

Yeah Montreal is not a good place right now.

>got For Honor from Epic Game Store
>needs a Ubisoft account to play
>can't create account
Is this a scam?

you realize that splinter cell never really made any money after its first few releases right? thats why they pivoted to a more action oriented style to see if they can change up the formula and save the franchise. The conclusion they came to was that there was no room for a AAA stealth game in the current climate. If they do go back to it, it will likely be in a AA environment like hit man

>tfw when you play The Crew 2 and there's no mention of it at all by Ubisoft this year or by any "leaks"

Pretty much the only major stealth series that survived to the modern era was Metal Gear Solid. Fact is that the original concept no longer sells

>Ubisoft has decided to put the ice on the Tom Clancy games after fan and critic backlash at E3 for the overwhelming presence of the franchise to the exclusion of practically everyone else. The games currently announced will still ship on time, but there won’t be so much coming from the series moving forward
Uh... wot? People aren't upset about more Tom Clancy games. They're upset about Ubisoft pussyfooting around with the Splinter Cell series. They're upset at Ubisoft abandoning the tactical shooter roots of Rainbow 6 in favor of multiplayer and action.

I'm sorry man. I'm not even kidding you, a lot of us on the inside forget that game even exists too. On the bright side, at least that means nothing bad is happening?

A lot of Ubisoft's more "casual" fans, the kind that plays stuff like Assassin's Creed or Rayman felt Tom Clancy took up too much time. This especially showed in things like polls about the Ubisoft presentation. Ubisoft aims at a large audience and they went too narrow at E3 in the eyes of the company

>I haven't heard much on Far Cry. It's been very low drama. If I hear something interesting, maybe I'll update.
Were Ubisoft happy with how New Dawn sold? Really liked that game, although I'm not 100% happy with how it recontextualized some plot points of FC5.

not going to ask you which studio you work at but how is the politics where you work? Ubisoft is kinda notorious when it comes to people playing politics and backstabbing. Culture is prolly not as bad as rockstar or anything but it seems like shit flinging fest at high manager levels

From what I'm hearing, Ubisoft has felt that the game sold acceptably. It did not set the world on fire, but it made the profit margin they wanted. Don't worry, Far Cry is in no danger at the moment.

My immediate coworkers are cool and my boss at least doesn't screw with me. I hate everyone else and don't trust any of them. I'm going to finish the current project and then probably abandon ship. I just took this for the experience.

Any plot deets for the next Assassin's Creed? Are they going to finally do something interesting with Layla?

I really don't like division 2's setting even with the we go back to NYC DLC

Like why pick DC out of all places?

what's the deal with everyone else? too much politics? I was ok at my studio but I did see other people who were screwed over. I think that's the consequence of having so many managers. They need to justify their continued salary even if they have no clue what they are doing. Also scapegoating. You are probably better off going somewhere else. There is no future in Ubi unless you are a junior or if you are a senior that just wants to coast

Other than the talks of sending Assassin's Creed back to a yearly franchise or at the very least a new wave of "Remasters" (I'm really sorry about the abysmal remaster of AC3) and spinoffs, I have no information to share. I don't spoil plot because that ruins surprises for gamers inside the game and it does nothing to hurt the company. Ubisoft sees AC as a cash cow that needs to be utilized more.

If you guys are real ubisoft devs, tell them to make a map like they did in Far Cry 2. Dying Light actually has a real time and crafting menus, why can't Far Cry? I'm sick of game pausing menus

Are Ubisoft really incapable of setting up a small team to make a game pandering to the Chaos Theory audience? How can they be this badly organized? Hell, worse comes to worse, why not shop the Splinter Cell IP around to other devs to see whether they want to tackle it?

Yep, I just wanted that shiny Ubisoft moniker on my resume. I'm backing out as soon as I think I put in a respectable amount of years into the company then moving onto greener pastures. But I can burn some bridges before I do.

Can't wait for it to be a no show at Gamescom and then it comes out the game is getting no more real new content and the lazy ass summit is literally the game's life support mode.

>The DLC for Mario+Rabbids as well as Starlink itself has fallen extremely far short of company expectations. For this reason, the Nintendo partnership has been largely abandoned. Games will be ported when possible, but Switch will not see the level of support it enjoyed from the company in 2017 and 2018
Ouch Nintenbros

Why doesn't Nintendo farm out F-Zero or Sega NiGHTS? The Splinter Cell series just is perceived rather useless in the modern day

>(I'm really sorry about the abysmal remaster of AC3)
What happened there? It was clearly not ready for release. The second patch they released was an admirable improvement for cutscene lighting but then Ubi just abandoned it. It's especially annoying that they removed the old version on PC from sale.
>I don't spoil plot because that ruins surprises for gamers inside the game
Fair enough.

Honestly, I am a Nintenbro at heart, but I blame Nintendo. They could have pushed the Ubisoft games harder. With their marketing team and legions of loyal fans, these games could have sold and the partnership would still be around

>Why doesn't Nintendo farm out F-Zero or Sega NiGHTS?
The same Nintendo that hired Retro to make Metroid Prime? The same Nintendo that farms out half their games to other devs that their fanbase think of as "Nintendo" despite being independent?

Thank goodness Microsoft took the plunge and made the entire Splinter Cell series backwards compatible with enhancements.

Ubisoft wanted something Assassin's Creed this year. I heard that the team behind the remaster begged for more time, but you know how AAA developers are. Better expect more remasters like that too.

>Although this has never been a stated company goal, a key purpose of the Nintendo partnership was to gain key promotions and potentially a Smash fighter
stopped reading there. fuck off, smashfags, and stop spamming fake "leaks." the industry doesn't revolve around your party game's roster.

Attached: 1554415235952.png (477x285, 39K)

Yeah it's obvious the fault is on Nintendo since it's not just Ubisoft abandoning them but pretty much everyone.

nah, don't burn bridges, its not worth it. I am glad I was able to hold my tongue in several situations I was in. Even the people you think you will never see again, you will be surprised to see them at a higher level at a different studio later in life or meet the person's best friend/buddy in a different studio you move to. In any case, all in all Ubi is that a bad studio. There are really shitty studios out there, like Rockstar so its important to keep things in perspective

Yeah, Metroid Prime huh?.... how about the other dozen dead Nintendo franchises?

Smash was honestly more of a pipe dream at Ubisoft. They wanted it, but it was never a big deal. They just wanted to use Nintendo as a foothold into the Eastern markets. It has failed remarkably in that regard

This is why I love THQ Nordic. They released Sphinx and the Cursed Mummy on Steam, right? Then they basically let the fan patch guy do whatever the fuck he wanted. The game has received patch after patch with fix after fix. Even the Nintendo Switch version is going to benefit. steamcommunity.com/games/606710/announcements/detail/3534666999974563931

it's both nintendo and the fans.
nintendo hates third parties and always makes them jump through unecessary hoops to put games on their system, then they do nothing to promote them.
the fans are extremely closed-minded towards anything that isn't a first- or second-party nintendo ip and don't buy third-party games.

They also farmed Donkey Kong out to Retro because they didn't have Rare anymore.

I hope we enjoyed the Ubisoft support, because it's mostly disappearing from here on.

I don't understand why they've given up on Nintendo so soon. Mario + Rabbids was one of the best selling third party titles AFAIK. I haven't played far enough in the game to tackle the DLC, but maybe the DLC simply wasn't as good as the content from the main game.

I also don't understand why Starlink is used as some sort of sales metric. The game didn't set the world on fire on any platform. Toys to life was essentially dead in the water by the time Ubi released it. The Star Fox stuff is cool, but I'm not really interested in buying one of Ubisoft's bloated games to experience the content.

That right there is my main grievance with Ubisoft. All of their games feel like busy work designed to suck you into an ecosystem instead of providing a fun gaming experience.

OK, but what about F-Zero, Star Fox, Golden Sun, Custom Robo, Rhythm Heaven, Pilotwings, etc.

> the fans are extremely closed-minded towards anything that isn't a first- or second-party nintendo ip and don't buy third-party games.
Probably because most of them buy third parties on other platforms. I only buy first party games and couch multiplayer games on my Switch. Everything else on PC

Mario+Rabbids is being internally considered a one hit Wonder not worth following up after the other failed moves. Star Fox was specifically paired up with Starlink because they knew that Toys to Life was dead and they needed an established IP to save it Star Fox failed to significantly help it and they don't see the point in trying anymore.

I gotta disappear for now. I'll be back tomorrow. Leave any questions and I'll answer them

>F-Zero
Too much competition.
>Star Fox
This is what Starlink was, basically. Also, Star Fox is a dead end series with no viable mechanical direction. Star Fox Adventures was a decent stab, but it had its issues.
>Pilotwings
What's the market? It has nothing that you can't do in something like GTA.
>Rhythm Heaven
The last game was three years ago.
>Golden Sun
Golden Sun: Dark Dawn flopped.

splinter cell is a small IP in an ocean of IP that Ubi has. why would they waste valuable resource into something that has a niche market? and its not like you can half ass it like in the early 2000s. You still need legit art, design, programming, etc. support and proper marketing. Let me put it this way, if you are a successful business man, why would you waste your opportunity cost working part time at a fast food restaurant on the weekend when you could be doing a laundry list of other things to make money?

Ubisoft PC games have been that way since AC2. You need to create an account then log-in to their always online loader. The only benefit is that they have content in their games that can be unlocked via points earned from in-game achievements. Those carry over on your account, so you can unlock stuff in other Ubisoft games just from playing them.

you can make excuses for everything, but the switch is still collecting dust with nothing but ports and rehashes of the same small handful of franchises.
the switch's library would be way better if it had new f-zero, starfy, battalion wars, custom robo, etc. games instead of full-price wii u ports and bing bing wahoo spinoffs.

>splinter cell is a small IP in an ocean of IP that Ubi has. why would they waste valuable resource into something that has a niche market?
Prestige product. Same reason Universal agreed to fund Schindler's List in exchange for Jurassic Park getting made. Same reason EA throws significant amounts of money at those indie games that they take a 0% cut on.

Splinter Cell is one of Ubisoft's highest prestige series. It's to Ubisoft what Max Max is to George Miller. Sure, Happy Feet might be a bigger money spinner, but a new Mad Max = prestige.

If fucking EA -- kings of greed -- are savvy enough to dabble in low budget projects aimed at niche audiences, what's Ubisoft's excuse? EA are bringing Command & Conquer back, for crying out load.

interesting point. However, I think you may be over reaching with Splinter being Ubi's highest prestige series. I mean, yeah the internet is loud and hardcore gamers want a new Splinter (which is why we can't rule out a AA game in the future). But understand that Splinter has been in the dog house for a while now. Its not like they only had one chance and blew it. As for EA, the reason for bringing back CC and investing in indie titles can be due to their global strategy of making games as service. Its not an emotional 'we are giving back to the community' type deal. They are making a games as service platform, and if they are making a 'netflix,' they need variety of offering in their portfolio. In the same way that Netflix produces stranger things, comedy specials and other genres, EA needs to do the same in order to attract new users and make their content more 'sticky'

I can only imagine how bad it was at launch if the current state is considered "Fixed".
Within 20 hours I've had
>Shadows completely breaking at random so you see things spazzing out everywhere..
>Every single light source at night is so blinding it's as if modern LEDs are in them shining into your eyes.
Picture related.
>Everyone's eyes glow at certain angles.
>Sound is completely broken and you'll get entire bits where someone is apparently talking but you don't hear it because the camera's not at the right angle.
>Conversations are sped up somehow so you miss discussions constantly despite not rushing at all.
>They haven't fixed anyone's faces at all, Connor and Haytham look horrendously bad, not to mention Rebecca looking like a crack whore and everyone else in modern day looking off.
>Framedrops at 1080p on an Xbone X if you look at wheat which is all over the center of the Frontier.
>Didn't even fix the fog of war system outside of what feels like a minor range increase.
>Connor's fingers clip through the Hidden Blade so every time he unsheathes them they should be chopping his fingers off.
>Characters randomly t-posing when this never happened in 3.
>Fonts are so huge it's distracting and you have like 5 words per line when the previous subtitles fit multiple sentences without being small.
>New glitches like UI elements not clearing unless you manually go into your menu, track something, then untrack it, or reboot your game.
>Shops aren't recognized as visited despite visiting them.
The new lighting system is amazing most of the time, but there's times where the entire background is completely one color blinding you and looking awful, or it's so dark you can't even see anything. The one fort for Captain Kidd's letter was so dark during the escape I was literally running blindly hoping to move forward. How in the world did this get released in the state it's in?

Attached: Assassin's Creed III Remastered 2019-08-02 19-03-05.jpg (1920x1080, 892K)

>Many in Ubisoft blame the lack of Assassin’s Creed for the “failure” at E3. There has been renewed talk of returning the series to a yearly franchise with just more people hired on. There will at least be more spin offs going forward most likely.
Because that worked so well last time, everyone loved Unity and Syndicate and all those Chronicles

Honestly how hard would it be to shit out a Rabbids-COM 2? You can reuse all the assets and just slap together some more levels. It should be cheaper than poutine to make a sequel, how can one dev and all their employees be so incompetent?

Remasters makes a lot of sense when the new gen releases next year.

I like assassins creed and all but locking hugely important story elements behind season pass DLC and locking normally unlockable cosmetics behind a huge paywall is a fucking dick fucking move and for this reason I'll never buy them new ever again I will wait for the ultimate edition to be $20 or some shit in a year.

Unity was a perfectly fine game from the gameplay side of things, its problems stemmed from them rushing it out so it was a glitchy mess, the ridiculous amount of content that wasted your time (Like multi-level lockpick chests that numbered in the hundreds) compared to the actual good content (Investigations, co-op missions, and there were some more minor things here and there), locking Legacy Assassin outfits to a paid mobile app and expecting players to use it if they wanted things like Shay's clothes, and the story not really knowing what to do so Arno and Elise were really the only thing interesting about it but Arno was basically a discount Ezio.

I really hope what he's saying isn't true because them rushing games out the door is the worst possible thing they can do. You'd think with their hundreds upon hundreds of people they could designate games to each studio and give them years of development time for each one.

>I like assassins creed and all but locking hugely important story elements behind season pass DLC
Eh... that's like getting upset that Half-Life 3 won't make sense unless you played Episode 1 and Episode 2.

you can summarize 1 and 2 fine in a flashback, the reveals in the Odyssey DLC have huge impacts on the entire story franchise wide it isn't just about Alexio/Cassandra

Well, The Lost Archives were all about Subject 16 and how Lucy became a Templar which is a major thing in the jump from Revelations to 3, King Washington is a canon alternate timeline, Freedom Cry is a DLC despite being essentially a game like Liberations and deals with Adewale, and Syndicate has the whole Jack the Ripper thing which is something important for Syndicate separate from Jacob/Evie. I know Odyssey's DLC is basically all about the Isu so it ties into the whole series, but this is something they've been doing since the start. Even AC2 had broken sequences with Caterina Sforza you had to pay for that explained how Ezio got the Apple back.

I think Ubishit games have been pretty good recently. Why the fuck did they decide to drop Ass Creed Odyssey the same day as RDR2?

Oh, and the Da Vinci Disappearance explained how William Miles knew which temple to go to in 3 yet that's also DLC.

only 16 and Lucy really compare to the shit with Odyssey the rest of that is all self contained

Yep. Any day now Ubi and EA are going to fall and take the industry with them. People will go back to watching Seinfeld. All will be set right again.

What, and Activision is fine?

Really? I always thought the latest game outsold the prior entry.

If Modern Warfare somehow fails, then they are definitely in danger.

To be honest, this seems to be a recurring problem with story DLC. Dishonored 2 is Dishonored 1's Brigmore Witches DLC stretched into an entire game. Because a fraction of players bothered playing Brigmore Witches.

That just means Ubisoft is full of retards.

Release major story content as DLC: Fate of Atlantis should have been in the game itself! Stop making me buy DLC to understand the story!
Release major story content as lower budget sequels: Far Cry New Dawn should have been DLC!

Attached: yes, and.png (221x221, 27K)

I'm glad to hear that. The internet backlash against New Dawn made my head hurt. Fucking morons review bombing the game.

blacklist outselling conviction? probably but that doesn't really mean anything. Blacklist was a much bigger game and probably costed a lot more. Blacklist sold 2 million (if even that) where a modern AAA generally needs to sell like 3 million or more to break even.

The thing that annoyed me about Blacklist was the Splinter Cell fanbase actively trying to sabotage the game, Metal Gear Survive-style. They wanted it to fail, and did everything they could to poison potential buyers.

Play stupid games, win stupid prizes, fuckers.

the big thing during production was people calling for a boycott because michael ironside was not voice acting. Only afterwards did it come out that ironside was in treatment for cancer. Actually most rank and file didn't know about that either. I believe leadership did, but they tried to take the high road and say that he was getting older/uninterested/etc.

Isn't the simplest option not to make it major story content and instead make it extended content of the current game? Don't have story or character changing information in the DLC because you will never have as many people care about that as those who would buy your next game. You can reference it in the main game, but don't hinge entire events on them or hinge character development on them. Mass Effect 2 did this with Shadow Broker and if you go from 2 to 3 without having played it she had a massive personality shift since the last time you saw her.

>Isn't the simplest option not to make it major story content and instead make it extended content of the current game?
Then you end up with inconsequential story DLC. People threw a tantrum because Far Cry 5's story DLC was just lightweight spinoff stuff while the actual follow up was the standalone expansion New Dawn. You can't win.

>yearly ass creed

so they want to kill the only series that has kept them alive lol

Just run it into the fucking ground

Then the end goal should be making major story DLC free. If you are going to do something that's important to the next game you make it free. Any other major DLC should be for the fun of it, even if it's inconsequential, and you can pepper teases for the next game in it but never require it for the next game to continue. Obviously no one would ever do this though, why invest all the money into making lengthy and important DLC when you're going to give it away for free? Witcher's basically been the only thing to do that successfully that I can think of.

>Then the end goal should be making major story DLC free. If you are going to do something that's important to the next game you make it free.
That's the overall ideal approach, but unfortunately it's difficult to justify those kind of development costs with no new revenue stream.

Even if you have one it's hard to justify it to shareholders considering the recent AC games have been doing the Helix Credits thing to make their money, and Origins and Odyssey have the lootboxes as far as I understand. Dead Kings for Unity was only free because they cocked Unity up so badly and then focused on the Chronicles games instead of more DLC. It really sucks it's like this.

>Origins and Odyssey have the lootboxes as far as I understand.
What an odd way of phrasing it. Is having the lootboxes a thing now, like having the plague or having the clap?

Bad way of phrasing it but I just meant they have an analogue for lootboxes. It's some random chest that gives you equips that you can buy via in-game currency or Helix Credits.

Is OP still there, what can you tell about bluebytes studio and the settlers 2019

Nice fanfic

It's way believable enough to be true
>"Why didn't Watch Dogs get a better reception and a standing ovation?"
Ubi's a bunch of literal retards.

>awards meaning anything

Rayman and Splinter Cell are the only two games I'd want Ubi to make and is a real shame both of them are off the table.

I'll be surprised if Ancel pulls off Beyond Good & Evil 2 delivers everything he promised.

>orange man...
>...bad
*silence*
>antifa...
>...good
*silence*

the fuck they were expecting

I never seen any real leak come from pastebin

Not even once

This is bullshit, pure fabrication, but the idea of even Ubisoft being fucking tired of Beyond Good and Evil 2 not being out is funny to me.

So they have nothing going on but watch dogs

To be fair, Watch Dogs 3 looks absolutely mindblowing in terms of scope and complexity.
>I'll be surprised if Ancel pulls off Beyond Good & Evil 2 delivers everything he promised.
The man is a visionary. Look at what he accomplished with King Kong, and that game had a rushed 1 year dev cycle.

Ubi is unironically based compared to the other big ones because they don't abandon games when the launch is a catastrophe like EA does for example. They brought R6S back from hell to the point where player numbers are somehow still increasing to day and I almost feel bad for the money they put into fixing For Honor considering the game is semi unfixable by design

>ubisoft abandons nintendo collabs because starlink bombed across all platforms despite the fact it sold best on switch
completely braindead fake, at least try harder

I work at ubisoft and basically all of this is wrong, low quality speculation.

To be fair, Ubisoft have fantastic post-release support for NEW games. Their post-release support for remasters and old games is awful.

>Nothing about the Might and Magic series
>Nothing about Heroes of Might and Magic
Good, because they'd screw it over like everything they did after V, Clash of Heroes and Dark Messiah.

I wish I wasn’t a Splinter Cell fan

At least there's always Metal Gear as a fallback for your espionage action fix, right?

ah yes im sure they just gonna stop producing Tom Clancy games because they just make WAAAAY to much money for them
such an obvious and realistic move!

Attached: ubi.png (1716x1080, 179K)

I'm still upset there's no new Rayman.

Agent 47 is the only one left in the field
Maybe

>Watch Dogs has always been trash
>Ass Creed is trash
>The Division 2 is mega trash
>Far Cry is trash
>Ghost Recon is trash
>Splinter Cell is overrated and dead
>Prince of Persia is overrated dead
>Rayman has always been mediocre

Ubisoft is a trash publisher that makes the most generic, soulless games devoid of anything resembling innovation. They follow the same trends as everyone else but their games have the added distinction of feeling woefully unpolished and unfinished. They can't go bankrupt soon enough.

>the division 2: the industry's biggest hit since the beginning of the year,

Attached: 1545806927656.png (645x773, 24K)