I can't be the only one that was disappointed on so many different levels with this game

I can't be the only one that was disappointed on so many different levels with this game.

I'm a huge Souls fan and started with DeS back in 2010. I bought a PS4 specifically to play this and so many things irked me through my first playthrough. First, the framerate REALLY affected my enjoyment of the game (as a PCfag used to playing at 60 FPS at the very minimum). Second, the bosses on the whole just felt very... Basic. Some were phenomenal like Gascoigne, OoK, Maria, and Gehrman, but the rest just felt like they were missing something. I really can't put my finger on it but it just feels... Samey. This even goes for Ludwig; although his overall lore and fight is pure kino, the mechanics of the fight itself felt very weak (as opposed to, say, Gael or Friede).

Another thing that bugged me at first was the soundtrack. And although I can look back and really appreciate it now (and I even think some tracks on it are the best in the series), for some reason, it was really hard to even notice through my first playthrough. I can't explain why either. I actually had to turn up the music and turn down everything else on my 2nd playthrough just so I could listen to it, never had to do this with any other Souls game. I also really fucking hated most weapons; and this was probably the biggest shocker for me. The number of weapons and unique movesets in the game is astounding, but for some reason, I had an exceptionally hard time finding a weapon that clicked with me (ended up being the giant hammer, I forget the name). Most of the weapons felt like they were either too weak/short in 1 handed mode and way too slow in 2 handed mode (especially for Ludwig's Holy Blade and Saw Cleaver, two of the weapons I thought I'd love the most and ended up absolutely hating).

Attached: bloodborne-two-column-02-ps4-us-04jun14.jpg (767x1080, 233K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=BbJW2w6u4Po
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

And chalice dungeons are a fucking retarded idea, don't even get me started on that. Also, why does it feel like every boss in this game has NG+ HP on first NG? It's ridiculous the amount of health that everything has. Cleric Beast is a really good example. First boss, but sports 3k HP. Compare with Iudex Gundyr at 1k and Asylum Demom at 800. Everything just feels like it's bloated with HP for no good reason, all the way up to the end of the game where Gehrman feels like he just doesn't have enough. The balance is completely lopsided, then again I didn't farm chalice dungeons for gems and just used whatever I found.

The environments are also an eyesore after the first 4 hours. It literally started to hurt my eyes to look at the same three colors past the start of the game. However, I do have to say that the lore was spectacular, and I was shocked at the fact I got into it even more than I did that of Souls games.

>the mechanics of the fight itself felt very weak (as opposed to, say, Gael
Stopped reading here.

Attached: Roll roll roll roll roll R1 R1 R1 R1.webm (960x540, 2.82M)

tl;dr

you've just summarized every dark souls fight?

they're all roll roll roll r1 r1 r1, i swear the dark souls fandom is full of actual children

Sure, rolling is ridiculously powerful in DS3. And that's one of the biggest criticisms that I'll level against that game. However, beating Gael felt like a much larger accomplishment than beating Ludwig (in particular). I remember being extremely hyped up for Ludwig because of his meme status on here and how everyone paints him as the second coming, and I was extremely disappointed going into the fight. I honestly couldn't tell you why. I found his first phase to be very tedious (because of how much HP he packs, and because of his retarded gotcha instakill move where he jumps on the ceiling and drops randomly), and his second phase way too fucking easy (because all of a sudden, he's got the moveset of a DS1 boss in a game with 3x the amount of iframes and attack speed). I genuinely am being completely truthful and (as far as I can tell) objective when I say that the bosses in BB were a distant worst in the series for me second only to DS2 (although DS2 is irredeemable garbage).

> First, the framerate REALLY affected my enjoyment of the game (as a PCfag used to playing at 60 FPS at the very minimum)
The PS4 can barely handle that game. I don't know how things look in PRO but on PS4 is really bad.
> Second, the bosses on the whole just felt very... Basic. Some were phenomenal like Gascoigne, OoK, Maria, and Gehrman, but the rest just felt like they were missing something
Souls bosses in a nutshell. Not all of them can be Sif or Artorias.
> I also really fucking hated most weapons; and this was probably the biggest shocker for me. The number of weapons and unique movesets in the game is astounding, but for some reason, I had an exceptionally hard time finding a weapon that clicked with me
I disagree on that one. BB went for quality over quantity.

>The PS4 can barely handle that game. I don't know how things look in PRO but on PS4 is really bad.
As far as I can find on the internet, Pro has 0 difference.
>Souls bosses in a nutshell. Not all of them can be Sif or Artorias.
That's just it though. Most bosses in BB just felt like fighting the same thing over and over again, from Cleric Beast to Darkbeast Paarl to Amelia to BSB to even Ludwig. It's not that they were forgettable, it's just that they didn't feel unique. I remember Crystal Sage and Ancient Wyvern more than most of the "good" bosses in the main game in BB and the two bosses I listed are objectively trash and worse than most of anything in BB. There also seems to be worse collective boss design in BB than in the rest of the series (see Ebrietas, Rom, Micolash and a few others that escape me at the moment).
>I disagree on that one. BB went for quality over quantity.
That's exactly what I was telling myself going in. And although every weapon was unique in its moveset, I just couldn't find one that I enjoyed using.

this

>get a Pro
>framerate still ass

PS5 had better step it up.

You're five years late and no one cares about how ubiquitous you're trying to be. It's game of the Gen and you only hurt yourself by wanting to not like it.

also a huge souls fan and also bought a ps4 exclusively to play BB

it was OK but i think it was actually one of the least memorable experiences i had with souls games. most of the bosses went down on the first try and so I don't even remember the majority of them.

>environments an eyesore

neck yourself

Ludwig is far harder than Gael though? Lemme guess, you were lv 100 at Ludwig on NG? Even though that's ng++ levels. But either way, imagine playing dlc on NG.

im hoping the ps5 can atleast run ps4 games at 1440p with framerate and texture filtering ehancements, if not, emulation (whenever that is) is going to be the main platform ill play this on.

>bought a console for one game

people aren't really this stupid right?

That's where you're wrong, bucko.

Attached: poise.webm (600x336, 2.94M)

you keep posting this and I don't know why
this is just poise working as intended

not him but ludwig is pretty simple compared to geal, i can smash ludwig at BL4 but gael (thats the final dlc boss right?. i think?) i need to be like level 65 in ds3 lol, that said i prefer bloodborne alot more to ds3, i play bloodborne at level 50, and have a bout 12 times more playtime on BB than ds3

not him but i kept my ps4 cause of bloodborne, i was on the cusp of trashbagging around april 2014 due to dying of bordem, then project beast leaked a bit after april if i remmeber, i love bloodborne, but holy hell ps4 needs another good game.

I don't like how much DaS3 took from BB.

Attached: 562.png (1597x1600, 627K)

It's this subhuman piece of shit again. Stop posting you dumb cunt.
youtube.com/watch?v=BbJW2w6u4Po

From what I remember, I was actually underleveled going through the DLC. BL60 or something. I'm not saying I didn't die against Ludwig, but I'm saying everyone one of those deaths felt like bullshit. The dodge animations in BB always felt floaty to me and I could never tell when the iframes kicked in; I don't know if this was because of the shitty framerate. Either way, most of my deaths against Ludwig were either the garbage gotcha move where he jumps from the ceiling, or the only time I died to his phase 2 where I died to his charge attack before understanding what it was. Either way, difficulty is beyond the point.

>"oh no, someone holds the same opinion as someone i dont like"
>"it's gotta be him!!"
This is why your mother doesn't love you.

Ds3 doesn't have poise and is just shitty r1 spam in comparison, is my guess

both games have shit poise
das2 got it right in my opinion

there is nothing exclusive to ps4 that is even 1/3 as good as BB

This is one of my favorite games of all time. However, a few things do irk me about it. Insight being one of them. Such an interesting concept barely utilized and demoted to being a secondary currency. Not only that, accumulating insight makes you more vulnerable to frenzy and lowers your beasthood. Status effects are garbage. Also why does rapid poison even exist in this game? One thing that I have encountered while playing it again currently is being unable to bind the jump to R3 instead of double tapping circle. Many times I jump accidentally then get demolished.

While there a few things here in there that kinda suck, it makes up for everywhere else.

How the fuck do you like the worst feeling weapon in the game and hate two of the best?

>One handed sawcleaver is too weak
>Weapon has the highest DPS in the game

Agreed on the bosses. There were pretty much 3 bosses in there(beats, hunters and ayyysss). Kind of agreed on the weapons too. The good weapons in BB outshine any DS weapon by a mile, but some of them just felt like shit.

>chalices were shit
A secret level that incorporated Queen Yharnam, the chalice and cut content would’ve been great. The game was really rushed.

glad I'm not the only one that recognizes that this fight is shit. i went into it blind and it was a joke, he did practically no damage to me at all and the the phases changes did nothing to elevate the fight.
>b-but bro it's 2 nobodies fighting over nothing at the end of the world just like berserk!
yeah fuck you miyazaki you hack piece of shit

summer bait is so weak..

>b-bait!
get a grip you little nigger. dark souls 3 was dogshit and this fight was an embarrassment

Attached: shittersmakegoodbosslookbad.webm (960x540, 2.98M)

>I'm a huge Souls fan and started with DeS back in 2010
>60 FPS at the very minimum
yeah because demon's souls and dark souls totally ran at 60fps
you started with dark souls 3 on pc

>you started with dark souls 3 on pc

this
fucking poser

poise is the biggest enabler of r1 spam though

Man those chalice dungeons were more repetitive in design than a skyrim fetch quest

>Another thing that bugged me at first was the soundtrack. And although I can look back and really appreciate it now (and I even think some tracks on it are the best in the series), for some reason, it was really hard to even notice through my first playthrough. I can't explain why either.
That's a legit gripe though, Bloodborne's soundtrack is just loud noise.

>I'm a huge Souls fan and started with DeS back in 2010.
Good good
>the framerate REALLY affected my enjoyment of the game (as a PCfag used to playing at 60 FPS at the very minimum)
Stop reading right there
Troll thread kys

Attached: BlackPierrotCard.png (116x196, 11K)

If bloodborne took the form of its own lovecraftian inspired style of a creature with 10 000 dicks that covered every patch of skin, its fans would be feeding from them to suck all the cum it secretes as if it were milk. You could try to just criticise the games frame pacing issues and the fanboys would jump all over you like maggots. The game is overrated and all it has going for it is the aesthetics, probably the best looking game from from desu. Otherwise it is shallow and boring, both in lore and gameplay.