Defend this nonsense

Defend this nonsense.

Attached: boom shakala ka.gif (400x225, 3.67M)

Other urls found in this thread:

ssbwiki.com/Hero_(SSBU)#Attributes
youtube.com/watch?v=EtUd-w2awo4
youtube.com/watch?v=w78Ifjh1Vnw
youtube.com/watch?v=xDzZFVG9YD8
youtube.com/watch?v=wFMydc0qyLc
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>stock up
>kamikaze on menu
>commit
This is your mindset on sonic

>gives up stock advantage for a kill
>gigantic telegraph

Don't try to die on this hill, if you're going to complain about anything, complain about Magic Burst edge guarding.

He had the cursor on kamikazee for 10 years
sonic player was retarded

I knew you'd fucking defend it. This is Bayo's Smash 4 release all over again, word for word.

If you look he has it on accelerate and then flicks it down. More of a bait, since he made the sonic player think he was going with that.

Did it go into sudden death? If not, the sonic player won because hero lost the stock first.

>I knew you'd fucking defend it.
There's nothing to defend, have you considered not being bad?

Did you not see the Hero player had two stocks to Sonic's one?

The character is 3 days old, it's likely the opponent didn't even realize Kamikaze had animation invulnerability or he wouldn't have committed to a dash attack.

Quit fucking overreacting until the meta settles and people learn the matchup. Hero might still even be overpowered in the end, but I can practically guarantee you it will be for entirely different reasons than what your peabrain has conceived.

>everyone screaming in terror over Bayonetta's side screen carry Day 1
>nobody does it anymore because there's too many characters it doesn't work on/can be punished by
>it's all about the ladder

This is a tournament game. That Sonic is 100 times better than your ass.

Bayo had touch of death combos, that sonic literally ran into the hitbox.

Hero had 2 stocks and Sonic only had 1 left, that's why the Hero survived arterwards

Party games don't need explaining.

Nah.

I did, that's why I said Kamikaze gives up stock advantage.

I need to lab what can be reflected against Hero. Kafrizz looks to be reflectable.

oh nevermind im a fuckin retard

Attached: Fre-vm4i_400x400.jpg (193x193, 9K)

>Ran straight into his attack like a retard

Um...Smashfags????

Attached: intro-1524254340.jpg (780x440, 62K)

It was a dash attack, apparently Kamikaze has complete invincibility during animation, if you look carefully you'll see the Hero didn't select Kamikaze until he saw Sonic was committed to dash attack.

The character is 3 days old and there are very, very, very few moves that have any kind of invincibility, so it's not a total surprise the Sonic wasn't prepared for it.

Suck it, Sonic player.

>call it’s dighting game.
>character has strong moves.
>can’t adapt.
>still calls it a fighting game.
No point in arguing.

It's a nonsense My First Fighting Game for button-mashing children. That's all it's ever been. Anyone looking for good fighting game mechanics or even good game mechanics, period, are looking in the wrong place. It's meant to be casual as all fuck. The idea that people take this game so fucking seriously and actually pay so much fucking attention to it is pathetic.

In hindsight that Sonic could've ran at Hero to bait the spell and run away when he goes boom. Many are picking up that you need to stick in Hero's face and not let him idle. People need to remember that all players can see the menu.

It's a party game for children. If you're getting legitimately invested in it like this then perhaps you need to kill yourself yourself.

When fighting Hero I always at least glance at his menu so I know what to look out for. If I see Magic Burst or whatever I'm not gonna rush him like a retard. If I were that Sonic I would read Kamikaze, see he's a stock up, and not fucking dash attack in like a dumbass.

after over 70 characters they finally made one that was fun to play

Seethe harder, gamer.

the only semi deceptive moves are Zap and Zapple, they are physical.

Wow. They actually censored kumbrain.

>Blaz Blue
>Street Fighter
>Tekken
>Smash is the main event at EVO which is THE place for fighting games.

>The idea that people take this game so fucking seriously and actually pay so much fucking attention to it is pathetic.

>Look at me! I don't like thing. his means people who like thing are children.

Piss off you no-fun retard.

Attached: flat,550x550,075,f.u1.jpg (550x446, 67K)

Doesn't that one have super armor? I saw one tank an entire Magic Burst and still follow up with the attack.

Kazap has armor when the bolt touches Hero.

Stops the buzzword from the source, I hope they do it for the others in the future

Attached: 1389533659239.gif (258x258, 470K)

>The simplest most braindead game is the most popular
Colour me surprised

Is the attack unblockable? What if sonic had just run up in his face and shielded?

Against a player who is a stock up, on a timed match, that's potentially a stalemate. Against Sonic in particular, he did have the option of forcing Hero out of the command menu with a falling spring. What if you're playing a character who has no ranged moves to force Hero off the command menu? If he's got it highlighted, you literally cannot hit him out of it without getting killed. I'm not 100% certain on the range so maybe some characters with disjoint can hit him safely, but still, that's a major matchup disadvantage for:

>Donkey Kong
>Captain Falcon
>Jigglypuff
>Meta Knight (no way he has the range)
>Little Mac
>Incineroar

They should probably remove the first 2 frames of Kamikaze's invincibility. It shouldn't be able to be used safely unless you've actually hard read someone.

He was too slow.

It's unblockable

it's unblockable but you can dodge it pretty consistently

They can still move in to look like they're attacking then roll away when the Hero player commits to the move.

>Defend this nonsense
>I knew you'd fucking defend it
I do think Hero is fucking busted and needs adjustments but there's literally nothing wrong with what's happening in the webm, and you're a fucking retarded pseud.

>Sakurai loathes competitive stinky day Smash children so much he makes a character that has several instant kill moves just to spite them
Absolutely fucking based

Splendid.

Unblockable, but IIRC you can groundtech it and Magic Burst.

Attached: 1561642215674.png (753x753, 298K)

>baby game for babies has retarded mechanics
surprising

Attached: 1549405809445.jpg (828x566, 50K)

Let's see what the experts on Smash say about Hero.

ssbwiki.com/Hero_(SSBU)#Attributes

>We're a serious fighting game
>BAN THIS CHARACTER I CAN'T ACCOUNT FOR THE POSSIBILITIES OF DOWN-B NOR DO I WANT TO CATER TO ME AND MAKE MY EXPERIENCE EASIER
>Still a competitive fighting game though
This is why nobody takes smashtards seriously. If a character like this got released in SFV or DBFZ or literally any other actual fighting game, the players would nut up and fucking learn how to deal with it and shut it down, not cry and bitch and moan about banning the "nasty randomness" because "it's not skillful!" The skill is in DEALING WITH THE RANDOMNESS. Every time you complain about Hero you give another reason why the FGC and anyone else with a brain considers you all a bunch of fucking children.

Attached: 1559292904818.jpg (750x592, 46K)

You're talking about the people who ban stages that have super-telegraphed and consistent hazards because "it means the players can't focus on each other and it gives someone an advantage" yet claim Peach, Daisy, and Mr. Game & Watch are fine despite the randomness of their Vegetables and Judgment.

Why didn't the sanic block or dodge or run away? The fuck?

>use equivalent of a smash attack on someone with 79%
>it KOs them
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW!

Literally day 1 and he didn't know Kamikazee was invincible on startup

Expect to see a shitton of cherrypicked webms in the next few weeks

you can see every attack hes going to make. it literally shows you

it aint even hazards user. Pokemon stadium is legal in melee, so is dreamland despite whispy.

Its that it enables extremely degenerate shit like fox shine infinites

The menu auto closes after ~10-15 seconds

I think you might have missed the extra stock he had there, buddy.

It’s not hard to air dodge it if you see it coming

The best part of Sakurai's Hero video was all of the reaction videos from competitive Smash players and every single one of them melting down into a pile of incoherent screams and gibbering followed by "THIS FUCKER NEEDS TO BE BANNED OR NERFED OR BANNERFED!!". Most of them weren't even listening to Sakurai' after the Critical Hit was mentioned.

>range
If you go into training mode, it's horizontal range is about 3/4 of a box, every box is 5 units between each other. It's vertical range is much bigger, about an entire 5 units. If you enter this range, your only hope is spot or air dodge, because you are slowed when this happens and won't be able to get out of range.

As for the circumstances, he could have just waited it, 4 minutes still left in the match, though at that point I would say it's almost decided anyway. Sonic has 79% and that's death percent for a ton of Hero's moves even outside of Oomph.

Post some

Attached: 0048990BCBDD46438587321903BADF4A.gif (147x166, 505K)

>people unironically called for a ban before he officially released

reminds me of the time before Ultimate came out when people though Meta Knight was broken.

youtube.com/watch?v=EtUd-w2awo4

youtube.com/watch?v=w78Ifjh1Vnw

youtube.com/watch?v=xDzZFVG9YD8

Western Smash fans are just looking for any reason to cry about the character now because he's not in the rosterfag want club.

>That Sonic is 100 times better than your ass.
And yet I wouldn't fall for that

Attached: 1551063153095.jpg (800x437, 96K)

Even if you are still actively scrolling on it?

Thank you. My switch is in for repairs or I'd have checked myself.

He ran right into that. The cursor was on Kamikazee and everything. There's reading someones moves, and then there's literally READING somebodies moves. What the Hero was going to do was literally spelled out for him. Also Kamikazee is not hard to dadge at all so he even had a chance to recover from that dumb mistake.

Yes. It auto-closes even if you're still moving the cursor.

He literally had 120 frames to get away from the hitbox, not to mention opportunity to see kamikaze on the goddamn menu.
If Hero filters you, you are literally S H I T at this game.

faggot kys

It might take 120 frames for Kamikaze to go off, but you only move at half speed while in it's effective range, so it's more like 60 frames. Sonic had about 1 second to turn around after running directly into it. He might have also been fine if he jumped and springed. But you are right, he never should have approached in the first place. People just aren't use to glancing down to see the menu. If it was next to Hero, even as just a symbol of what was currently selected, people might not bitch as much.

For most matches that I have watched, people will have about a half second to react. Zero killing himself from throwing Kafrizz into Bounce, if he was paying closer attention, he would have not only seen the cast, but heard it, he got tunnel vision though, fell into a pattern and ignored that input because the game was already won in his mind. He tried to tell himself that his opponent couldn't have picked it on purpose, but it was the second option and there was clearly plenty of time to read. The real fucking cakes will be blind pick first options. Those are completely unreactable and if picking Kamikaze or MB, you won't be able to do anything unless you were already moving in the needed direction, or trying to attack for MB.

They're so angry I can't help but laugh.
youtube.com/watch?v=wFMydc0qyLc

The competitive players hate Hero because he isn't exactly like the ten or so characters they use and are used to fighting. They're unable to adapt to his movepool or adjust their playstyle to include keeping an eye on the Command Menu, which shouldn't be hard seeing as several other characters have similar things on their symbols and percents.

Kamikaze's area of effect is enormous. Where he was positioned, even if Sonic did run in and then bail to bait the Kamikaze, there would be no guarantee he'd be able to get away unless his Up B sent him high enough.

Do people on here actually, unironically believe Ultimate is better than Melee?

Attached: 04B736C4-3849-40AA-B18B-368B41DCF6B0.png (657x527, 46K)

Here you go.

Sorry, I can't defend uploading a .gif to Yea Forums in 2019.

Kamikaze is only dangerous if you're at high percents, even at point-blank range its knockback is only mediocre.

Of all the things to be autistic over.

I think Hero has some bullshit with crits but that right there is kind of what you get when you run in while he's menuing, throwing a dash attack no less, without looking at his options first. That's like jumping after a Ganondorf when he's a stock ahead and getting mad when he side Bs you.

Very true, but what madman would attempt it unless it was guaranteed to kill?

Right now, plenty of madmen who don't know the nuances.

Or you see kamikaze, call his bluff by running in to bait him into doing it and then you jump over jump out when you see him commit and laugh as he fucks himself out of stock advantage. He's already menuing so there's not a lot he can do to quickly react and punish you for running into his face.

Literally just wait about 10 seconds and the menu vanishes if you don't make a choice.

aparently not, since we don't get hit by fucking kamikaze

Go back to /trash/ and whine about it, furfaggot

Sonic ran into a literal RNG character and died for it. There. There's nothing more to this.