Why does Yea Forums never discuss sports games unless they're like 20 years old?

Why does Yea Forums never discuss sports games unless they're like 20 years old?

Surely this Azerbaijan Kimono Folding Forum plays a little Madden or FIFA.

Attached: 8397425B-0406-4642-945D-BD1ECF81E803.jpg (1920x1080, 171K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=TUr8kT2o3jA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

no anime in sports games for gamers

The last time I played Madden, the main mode was like gacha with football players

Most of the newer ones are under exclusivity contracts which means the devs don't have to try to make it not-dogshit because they know there's no other choice. People fondly remember things like NFL2K and NFL Blitz because they had to work to make their games viable alternatives to the biggest brand.

Because sports games suck now. The Beat sports game ever created was NBA Street and we'll never see its like again. Sports games are over.

>tfw no more NBA Streetz
>tfw no more Jam
>tfw no more anything except RNG for Messi or Tom Brady

stopped being "arcadey" and became about yearly, proto-gachashit with muh realism thrown in

Because if you're a sports fan, you have to think gaming is for nerds, and if you're a true gamer, you have to think sports are pointless tribalism. I enjoy both.

Attached: tenor.gif (498x389, 2.98M)

I buy madden and NBA 2k each year despite knowing I'm going to be disappointed with the "improvements"

They weren't just viable alternatives, that would be a huge understatement. NFL Blitz (2000 iirc) and NFL 2K5 were the peak of football games. NBA Live cornered the market until 2K came along with a better product as usual. However 2K has gotten full of themselves lately. The NBA Street games were always much better anyway. I have no idea what's going on with FIFA or why people prefer it over PES.

>hurr durr rebuy this dumb shit erry year
kys

But plenty of "normies" people play them and don't think it's for nerds

Madden openings are like a Gamestop's big day

I have 40 hours in madden 20 already.

WHOA OH OH, WHOA OH OH OH OH, WE GOT THE NOISE SO HERE WE GO!

youtube.com/watch?v=TUr8kT2o3jA

Attached: 000.png (561x795, 605K)

Nostalgia will always beat out marginal at best improvements every year. With that said:

DANCE DANCE, WE'RE FALLING APART TO HALF TIME

Attached: 1559950756342.jpg (216x300, 29K)

The last good baseball game

I mean in fairness what the fuck can you do with a year of dev time.

I can't wait for the NFL season to start

I always thought the idea was that they had rolling engine teams and then a team to make the facial recognition software and a separate team for the plays and mocap

Then again who knows I'm not ea

For me , its the show

I've been buying them every single year since 15

OOTP makes it worse

Attached: 1554659938864.png (720x892, 485K)

>tfw hall of fame game already

soon my friend

Attached: 1532887712539.jpg (700x606, 52K)

I just got drafted by the raiders again. I don't want to fucking play for the raiders.

Attached: 1560550205424.jpg (1024x876, 168K)

>eight years old

Attached: 216636-fight-night-champion-xbox-360-front-cover.jpg (800x1143, 136K)

>the Las Vegas Raidas of Oaktown

Might as well kill yourself, you're on the new Browns

The PS2 era Maddens were the last good ones, everything else is just garbage.

This was my last played Madden till I picked up free trial for origin access to play 20 because you can play a few college teams

Madden games are past their prime

Attached: madden.png (743x385, 238K)

I need another MLB licensed Power Pros game

2K5 shits all over anything madden has put out and madden has been absolute filth for the last ten years.

That being said, kino taste in soundtrack

>look like a normal human instead of a NEET weeb
>shitpost on Yea Forums, watch anime
>people come over and see madden on my PS4
>assume I don't know SHIT about video games
>mock me as a normie

It's kind of hilarious but I'm not going to suicide bomb my reputation.

Attached: ridgegirl.jpg (1080x1543, 317K)

You objectively have the worst taste in video games if you like madden past 2012 or so. Like, sub-fortnite standards.

Yeah, see, like that!

Everyone has guilty pleasures. EDF, Dynasty Warriors, that weird game where you date catgirls.

Yes but guilty pleasures rank in degeneracy. Putting on a fur suit is worse than playing madden, but playing madden is worse than donating to fortnite twitch streamers.

Because sports games are now literally just gacha with a sports skin applied to it. It's the same for FIFA, and NBA, it's all just the same shit different sport.

Sports games are made for people who watches and follow pro leagues very closely and that kind of scares away people who does not care.
I think I'd be more interested in sports games if the point of buying them is something other than a rooster and graphics update.
I mean golf vidya has allowed me experience a sports I will never touch and it doesn;t try to shove me whatever is the latest famous players down my throat.

Attached: 1404357308497.png (208x239, 132K)

because sports games are for people who play or like sports.. and if you belonged to either of those groups you would be on /spee/cial ed or not on Yea Forums at all.

I like NHL 19, mostly just playing Season mode and occasionally Threes. Fuck that Ultimate Team garbage though, I have far too much self respect for a gacha game as it is nevermind where the fat anime tits are replaced with a bunch of random right wingers and goalies.

Attached: 1558062935325.jpg (702x739, 55K)

Haven't heard McNabb's name in a decade

I remember getting NBA 2k16 (I think? I don't remember which one exactly) on PS+ a while back and doing the story mode. Hilariously stupid, and it was made a billion times better by the fact that the story kept trying to treat me like I was the next Lebron or something, but my dude was a sixth round benchwarmer for the Nets.

Also tried playing some madden game earlier this year but it was boring as shit. Thought I just inherently hated football games but then I got an N64 flash cart and tried out NFL Blitz and that game is fucking amazing so I don't know.

If I wanted to play sports I would go outside and play them

Just buy one that's a year or two out of date. I dunno how it is in other sports games but the NHL ones let you customize the controls pretty intensely. It can be as simple as a two button game or you can have the right stick dedicated to doing tricky stick plays for example. If you don't have a team do the mode that lets you create your own expansion team and just feel it out from there.

I only play career mode in 2K.
2K17 > 2K19 > 2K18 > 2K16

2K17 was pretty sweet with the bromance with OJ. Fuck 2K18 protagonist with a 10 foot rod. Holy shit he sounded like ricegum, whoever wrote him in the game should get fired.

Attached: 1497374525476.gif (516x283, 1.58M)

Not sure if any anons are still here. Is there any other sports game with a career mode like MLB power pros? Damn was it mad comfy to play even though 2007 and 2008 was a bit shallow after the first few runs.

Attached: images (7).jpg (259x194, 21K)

Aka the last baseball game you played as a kid you fucking nostalgia blinded retard. Plenty of good bs games since theb. Especially the newest mlb on ps4

Ultimate Team