Okay Yea Forums I just got this...

Okay Yea Forums I just got this, I've never played the international versions before so is there anything I should know before going in?
Also in FFX should I use the standard or expert sphere grid?

Attached: Final Fantasy XX2 Remaster.jpg (1280x640, 224K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=eoAk8s3H4u0
youtube.com/watch?v=kxJE6SSX-aw
youtube.com/watch?v=oxRd_5ERYKw
youtube.com/watch?v=xF-XlIS3keY
youtube.com/watch?v=l_PjUvwHBs4
youtube.com/watch?v=wDdDaZuMWko
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Use the standard, if it's your first time playing. Other than that, there's nothing that you really need to know before going; FFX is a really straight forward, literally, game.

they're both shit

the game is on rails and the standard grid is simple enough for your first time . just follow the natural progression of spheres on each character's grid.
also expect the first 8-10 hours of the game to be pretty much Tutorials & Cutscenes.

Use a guide for the missable al he’s primers.

The only permanently missable ones are in the Desert Home, other than that you don't have to worry about it.

There's a secret item in each Temple trial, they aren't permanently missable but getting them on your first visit is much more convenient, so instead of just trying to solve the puzzles, try to look for the secret aswell.

Final Fantasy X is such a good game bros. The first time I ever played it was 2016. It blew me away, I can't believe it took me that long to play it.

youtube.com/watch?v=eoAk8s3H4u0

There’s one in Bevelle Temple right after you get Bahamut

It's unironically the best FF.

I've never play a FF would FFX/X-2 HD be a good place to start? Is X-2 even worth playing?

>would FFX/X-2 HD be a good place to start?
X is a fine place to start.
>Is X-2 even worth playing?
Define 'worth'.

True you're right, doubt he would've missed that one without a guide though

Also if you play on PC, you can just download someone else's file to transfer their primers onto your file incase you do miss one of the 3 permanently missable ones

turn off the soullese chinese demaster stuff

If you enjoy challenging super bosses, it was actually worth it and the combat is objectively better than FFX.

Sure, you can jump into any of the non sequel ones but just know that FF1-10 are made by Square before the merger so they have a different feel to them compared to the later ones.

>objectively
I don't think you know what this word means.

X has a different feel to any of the games before it, though. Most of the key figures from I-IX had very reduced roles in X.

I thought the secret in Besaid temple was missable.

Fuck, I meant Bevelle

X still has Nobuo Uematsu and a story. Can't say the same for the later FF.

FUCK BLITZBALL

And yet pretty much all of the best tracks weren't done by him.
youtube.com/watch?v=kxJE6SSX-aw
youtube.com/watch?v=oxRd_5ERYKw
youtube.com/watch?v=xF-XlIS3keY
youtube.com/watch?v=l_PjUvwHBs4
youtube.com/watch?v=wDdDaZuMWko

Attached: smugKaede.png (800x840, 308K)

The main drawback of X was that it lacked the traditional world map but it made up for it by having such a comprehensive end-game with so much fucking content. It's a pretty wonderful game overall.

Tips for beginners
>standard grid makes each character follow their standard character class
>expert grid lets you choose your character’s advancement path
>standard grid has more slots so it requires less work to maximize stats in the end-game
>talk to every NPC as many of them will give you free items
>the first two boss deals incremental damage and you cannot die to them, so don’t waste any potions

it's a great case study for showing how good a game can get while having a bad plot

Pick up the extra overdrive for Valefor before leaving Besaid. Go for the destruction sphere treasures at each Cloister trial on your first go, or you're in for a bad time if you do them later.

The plot is great. I don’t think you guys know what you’re talking about.

>creature creator gives you nifty stuff compared to the stuff you find exploring
How far can you take this in chapter 1? I managed to get to the youth league but I'm getting btfo.

BE SURE TO GET THE DESTRUCTION SPHERE BEFORE YOU LEAVE THE TOWNS WITH TEMPLES

almost none of the shit seymour does makes any sense, and they even retconned his genocide of the ronso in x-2

>international version
get the destruction sphere + chest at each temple on the first visit. the international version has the dark aeons which are essentially super bosses - they will stop you from revisiting the temples later. if you don't get the destruction spheres the first time, you will miss your last 2 aeons.

He wanted to kill everyone so no one would feel any more pain. What’s so hard to understand? And come on. An actual genocide would be impossible in any scenario. There has never been a successful genocide in any history.

>X-2
>Canon

Not far, new chapters open up new monsters that you'll definitively want to grab and some monsters can only be gotten on a certain chapter(I think). Monsters are broken as shit from chapter 1 though. Also you don't want to level YRP too much as monsters are caught based around YRP's level and you need to level monsters at least 5 levels to fully unlock their story. This is the only annoyance though.

Monsters will be the best way to beat endgame content because boss monsters eventually attack so fast that it’s hard to keep up.

I like X-2's firm canon

Attached: canon.png (557x1080, 1.01M)

Dude was literally insane. He was a third party to the player vs Yu Yevon conflict with his motivation being fueled by his delusional ideals caused by mommy becoming a BDSM-tier aeon creature. Personally, I think he was a pretty cool recurring enemy. His boss forms were aesthetic as fuck.

Don’t forget the sun crest after defeating Yunelesca or you’ll have to deal with Dark Bahamut.

I just gave myself PTSD from all my chocobo catcher attempts.

Make sure Kimahri learns Steal. He's useless, but there's one fight in the game where you really want Kimahri to know Steal. You'll know when.

>White Mage wears white
>Black Mage wears black
>Blue Mage is literally blue