Planescape Torment

It's almost amazing how ahead of the time this game was. I can't believe that people are still so shocked at indie games for having clever gimmicks or atmosphere when this game is everything and so much more but even older and in more depth. Any game that you've ever seen as hyped up for being deep: this game actually does that for real. Don't listen to people who discredit this game - it's a true freedom RPG and it will change you forever. Don't look up anything about this game, simply experience it for yourself with no knowledge.

Attached: namelessone.jpg (877x827, 193K)

Lying again, skull?

>Yea Forums tells me that Planescape: Torment is a "visual novel"
>Play it
>It's an open-world RPG with quests, hubs, day/night cycle, towns, stats, party members, tons of items, spells, abilities like stealth and pick-pocketing, etc, and tons of scenarios that can be approached with multiple ways. Actually, it's completely optional to do much talking, in fact you won't get as much dialogue options depending on how you level your character

>Yea Forums tells me that Persona 4 is a masterpiece and one of the best games ever made
>Play it
>Two hours in and I've done nothing but press X to advance through static dialog

Attached: smugKaede.png (800x840, 308K)

>utterly despise CRPGs, especially D&Dlikes with rtwb or vancian casting
>Still love Planescape anyway

Its the Chrono Trigger of CRPGs

Hey Yea Forums, please help me

What was the game that was bundled with Planescape Torment, back in the day. They were both on one disk - Planescape and this other game.

This unknown game was a fantasy point and click, kind of like Diablo. It was 3D though, you could rotate the camera around. You started as a "vagrant" in a snowy sleepy town. Combat was almost souls like, though.

Please help ;_;

>you miss dialogue if you don't spec wisdom
fuck this design

Not sure what Persona has to do with PST, they're nothing alike. Maybe Pokemon is a better comparison.

Yep

And the optional dialogue isn't bad at all if you feel like delving into it. It's nothing like Pillars of Eternity that is just downright boring.

combat sucks.

Attached: 1536570687203.webm (720x404, 2.36M)

>What was the game that was bundled with Planescape Torment, back in the day.
Fallout 2?

Attached: s-l1600.jpg (1600x899, 287K)

nope, not FO2, thanks for trying though

Attached: ffxv vs planescape.png (1938x654, 589K)

Soulbringer. The only thing I really remember about that game is that the first decent attack sequence I put together involved repeatedly hitting things in the crotch with a mace.

YES!

SOULBRINGER!

You win. Thank you kind Yea Forumsbro

I kept getting my shit pushed in once I made it to the mines. I remember replaying it over and over again and giving up once I got to the mines. I will try to get into it again.

>YES, IT WAS ON THIS FORGE THAT THE SCREAMING PROJECTILES THAT TORE THE SMOKING SKIES OF AVERNUS WERE MADE
>WEAPONS SO SHARP THE WIND ITSELF KNEW AGONY

This game had some cool ass dialogue

Attached: Coaxmetal.png (281x440, 242K)

Literally the best two RPGs ever made in one bundle.

I really liked the fact that a blade that can kill an immortal is a small and rusty, hooked dagger, not some sort of a grand bejeweled shining sword.

I think I got to chapter two or three, and then I lost interest or my computer died or something. I bought the bundle purely because it was a cheap way to get PS:T and I had never even heard of Soulbringer, but I vaguely recall having some fun with it. I might try revisiting it at some point.

I keep trying to play this game but the combat is so bad that I can't

Then don't engage in combat.

You can't just not engage in combat. You have to go through dungeons and shit to progress.

Just lower the difficulty/do the trick that gives you infinite exp