Both of these come out next year, which one will win more GOTY awards?

Both of these come out next year, which one will win more GOTY awards?

Attached: 2020 GOTY battle.jpg (1697x1199, 1.6M)

TLOU2 will win every GOTY award automatically.
That's why you ignore the first place on every award and look at the second place for the true GOTY.

Hard choice.
Left will get tons of rewards from shitty journalists who don't actually play video games in order to try and appear like they're "Real" gamers.
Right will get tons of awards because everyone involved with it will shill out huge bucks to buy "Awards" from shitty journalists who don't play video games.

So basically Zelda will win by default, unless if Naughty Dog/Sony/ETC pay enough money.

loU2 feels like an open book, But I'm really interested in what game ideas they will add to BotW2.

LoU2 will just be more Last of Us. It'll still be good, but I don't see gameplay evolving much.

BotW2 has more room to grow. BotW had a great base, but lacked real dungeons and items. Adding those will make it GOTY easy.

I see LoU2 winning more awards because muh daughter/gay tho. Both games will be highly praised and anyone owning both systems will want to own each.

Still sour about RDR2, huh?

The one that sells more.

>anyone owning both systems will want to own each.

Lou2 is rather violent to have the kind of broad appeal.

Playable Zelda & Darker Atmosphere is the only thing that's been hinted at by Aonuma so far

I own a PS4; I could get that game if I wanted but I didn't.
I just find open world games immensely boring.

GTA V lost over 120 GOTY awards to TLOU, so clearly sales don't matter

> a game where you can finally play as link and zelda as a couple
CUTEEEE

Literally 0% chance that BOTW 2 comes out next year.

TLOU will break records in storytelling, gameplay, and player immersion. Nobody cares about bing bing 2

TLoU1 was released back when emotional story and character driven games with mocap performances were fresh and exciting. Now there are so many games like that (GoW comes to mind) that do that kind of stuff, its not really exciting anymore.

I don't think 120 sony owned websites and magazines count, sweetie.

i seriously doubt BOTW2 will be out next year.

Either way Yea Forums will be unusable when both of them are out

The Awards don't matter.

Zelda will be a better game by far in terms of gameplay and actual content that matters.

TLOU 2 the Oscarbait of video games. It'll win an infinite number of awards because it was made to get awards.

Please tell me you can hold hands with Zelda in BOTW2.

Meanwhile, BotW boosted the expectations of an open world experience. For that, people are even more interested in how they will expand from the new standard.

Attached: time_to_cherrypick_and_try_to_defend_the_game_journos_that_like_my_game_because_apparently_only_I_ge (1472x1004, 1.72M)

>anyone owning both systems will want to own each

Attached: 1545107137804.png (416x435, 99K)

TLOU 2 has a lesbian mc. It'll win no matter how good or bad it is.

How many times are you going to change the filename, Doug?

Can't be GOTY if the GOTD comes out

Attached: basedkojimbo.jpg (948x717, 183K)

I will now buy your game.

You're wrong.
People are still eating emotional story and character driven games with mocap performances. It's just that to stay profitable it changed from "child and parent figure surviving a hostile environment" to "strong woman who needs no man survives a hostile environment. And she's a lesbian".

Telltale's The Walking Dead is exaclty the same kind of exploitative garbage as TLOU, but Yea Forums ate that one and asked for seconds. The magic of not being as popular and not being Playstation exclusive.

If BotW2 comes out next year, it'll be shunned by the "gaming press" because they'll all be masturbating to the RAH RAH FIGHT THE PATRIARCHY TLoU2.

Our grandparents and great-grandparents died in World War II for this generation. They're all rolling in their graves so fast that if they had copper coils wrapped around them we'd have free, clean electricity for the next hundred years.

>Telltale's The Walking Dead is exaclty the same kind of exploitative garbage as TLOU, but Yea Forums ate that one and asked for seconds.
and then that market crashed so hard that tale tell died and that proves the point that no one cares about this type of game now

Has a direct sequel to a GOTY winner ever won GOTY? Because i think something else will surprise everyone & steal GOTY

He's not wrong Yea Forums is hypocrite as that

>Journos say that I game I like is shit: "fucking paid casual shills!"
>Journos say that I game I dislike is shit: "Ahahaha! I told you! it's shit, shit! just look at that metacritic score!"
>Journos say that a game I like is good: "Ahahaha! I told you! GOTY! GOTY! just look at that metacritic score!"
>Journos say that a game I dislike is good: "fucking paid casual shills!"

Best game: Zelda
Best movie: The last of us 2

Do you really think we are getting BOTW2 before 2021?

Metroid Prime is the only one that's ever done it

>Yea Forums
>2019
>One person

Oh no, the market crashed because point and click adventure games are very niche and Telltale believed that throwing money at expensive licenses would make them successful.
If people didn't care about this kind of game, God of War 2018 wouldn't be as successful as it was. Still, Naughty Dog is making an effort to not rethread familiar ground, instead jumping on the profitable "LESBIAN POWER" bandwagon.

Yea Forums is a hivemind. Only a few of us are able to think for ourselves.

if hacks like this can release "gotd" then the medium is a joke

At least his games are not only perfectly playable but solid and fun.

Seethe more Konami.

Exactly.

Attached: kojimbo2.jpg (310x360, 59K)

I'm not a snoyfag but unfortunately, TLOU appeals to the normalfags more

TLOU2 will literaly be the first game + lesbians and more bugs

BOTW2 will have a playable zelda for the first time so jornos will suck that game cock

Zelda, no question.

TLoU2. The asshurt will be phenomenal

Attached: chad.png (300x200, 67K)

>BotW2 coming out next year
Also Halo Infinite is gonna be the best game of the year

Attached: d67.jpg (300x222, 10K)

To be fair we still don't know what kind of game Death Stranding is.
I think it will pretty much be a Metal Gear game with some environmental puzzles, but it can easily end being a shitty walking simulator too.

do you mean to say super metroid won GotY? because it didn't, FF6 did

can you trully say that after playing MGS4?

Cyberpunk 2077

Attached: 14563389242980.jpg (400x371, 32K)

BotW 2 isn't coming out in 2020

here's your goty

Attached: 1564759790004.jpg (1539x2213, 1.83M)

the adults are talking, go away kiddo

Attached: 8vp3D[1].jpg (602x792, 103K)

Real Talk: Do you think BOTW & TLOU 2 will end up as Co-GOTY's? Because it happened with Mario Galaxy & Bioshock, as they had the same number of GOTY awards

Ok, you got me.
I've played every Metal Gear game of his except 4 so maybe I'm wrong.

It's not a stealth focused game, which is all we know. There's combat, but apparently there are consequences to it. And then there's the whole social strand system thing which people are dismissing as just being tingle bottles or souls multiplayer, but I think it will definitely be more than that.

Yikes

What won the 1997 GOTY? Was it Final Fantasy VII or GoldenEye?

>Nintendofag calling other kids

Attached: 2.png (797x448, 615K)

probably FF7

Cyberpunk 2077

FF7 was considered the best game ever until Ocarina of Time came out the following year

Boosted expectations? It did everything that other open world games have already done, but dumbed down and even more barren. Only difference was that it was Nintendo's much beloved Zelda franchise. If it was any other franchise it would have came up 82 metacritic at best. It was an okay game sure, but Nintendo bonus is real.

>It'll still be good,
lol

BotW2 is not coming next year, but if it did, it would win.

Who keeps shilling this "Nintendo Bonus" conspiracy theory? Because most Sonyfags like Nintendo games & recieve just as many acclaimed games. So they have no reason to be jealous

dont give a shit but i will have both

Which ever appeals to effeminate faggots more, aka game journalists.
Given that I would say TLoU2, pure faggot bait.

Literally only absolute SJW retards and casuals would even care about the right while Zelda at least has proper dungeons and gameplay.

So the right.

Depends. If Zelda is playable, you damn well know it'll be the highest rated Zelda game in history.

>BotW2 is not coming next year
yes it is, with some exceptions nintendo doesn't show a game off unless it's coming within the next year or year and a half. BotW was done in early 2017 and they are reusing the map

Is there any major flaw from BOTW that could prevent BOTW 2 from winning GOTY even if it had playable Zelda?

based

the fact that it's reusing the map

Probably Zelda, but it isn't coming next year. Nintendo sucks at releasing their stuff in a timely manner now. It will be 2021 at the minimum.

look at this retard

Time Travel, they are just going to have Zelda & Link travel thousands of years into the past to defeat Ganondorf. That way Nintendo can reuse the map & have it feel completely different

>Is there any major flaw from BOTW that could prevent BOTW 2 from winning GOTY even if it had playable Zelda?
More Shrines instead of traditional dungeons. I think that was everyones MAJOR complaint towards BOTW, only other one i could think of is weapons breaking.

I want to marry short haired zelda

>BOTW2
>next year
good one

>tfw still no gameplay

>>BOTW2
>>next year
>good one
To be honest, it's very likely they've been working on this for 3 years now, and without the hassle of making a whole new engine, i'm sure they've basically got 70% done

halo is the best fps out there