It's quite amazing how fundamentally broken and awful the gameplay is...

It's quite amazing how fundamentally broken and awful the gameplay is. You literally (and I mean literally) can not die in this game unless you actually handicap yourself. It broke one of the most basic rules of an Action RPG when it comes to healing, you can only use the items you have equipped during combat. In Final Fantasy XV, the game pauses when you open your inventory and you can use ANY item you want with no penalty. Holy fuck who agreed to this? Did they not know that makes the game pointless to play if there is no risk and you can spam items at will.

Take Witcher 3 or the Kingdom Hearts series for example, you can only use items you in combat that you have equipped which is how it should be yet FF XV ignores this and makes the combat so unsatisfying and boring. There is so many bad decisions with this game and it actually shocking that some people defend this piece of shit

Attached: finalfantasy15-1901493b-1086346.jpg (1280x720, 305K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/S2v-FYCN72M
youtube.com/watch?v=1n0CqFioTnk
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>magic system is so brokenly OP that they needed to "balance" it by making it so the AOE of magic damages you as well.
>you can counter this by equipping an item in your accessory slot.

>The gameplay is awfu-

Attached: God Tier FFXV Combat.webm (700x392, 2.89M)

Why the fuck is Cor in this picture like he's a legit party member?

I’m mad at all magic is just grenades and you can’t control summons.

>Magic works like grenades
>You can hurt yourself and your party members
>NEVER give your party members magic because they always hit you
This game is a fuck up on a legendary magnitude

Attached: 1564604604139.jpg (501x500, 65K)

That's God Tier to you? Holy shit you are easy to please

Attached: 1564008118121.jpg (4256x2832, 2.16M)

He was supposed to become a permanent party member, save from story missions, alongside Iris, the dragon chick, Lady Lunafreya, cid and even Cindy
You could vote wich one should they work first, they dropped that

the webm you posted is awful. This is what you call god tier combat

Attached: sora kh 2 fm CUHRAZY.webm (853x480, 2.95M)

This looks boring.

Attached: MICKEYTIRED.jpg (550x591, 53K)

It really is. The combat is so braindead. You can literally Hold O to win. And that's not even a meme. This is an Action RPG

Attached: FF XV hold O to win.webm (640x360, 2.66M)

That about sums up modern vidya. Take all control away from players whilst they watch the flashy animations play.

>sums up modern vidya.
>Take all control away from players
Metal Gear Solid and Final Fantasy VII, games from the 90s, are the games to blame for that.

Why did it have to be shit Yea Forums

Attached: 1545053018360.jpg (800x800, 152K)

Wrong. FFVII had plenty of turn based battles which gave you complete control of your actions. The same for MGS with its Action/Stealth gameplay. Just because they were cutscene heavy doesn't mean they took control away.

You talking about the dlc?

Funnily enough, Dragon’s Dogma also kind of does the same thing with its item system but I still enjoy the hell out of that game compared to XV.

Supposed to be a masterpiece what the fuck happened I mean I know what happened it damn that just goes to show that any game could turn shit despite large budget.

Attached: 1515082752224.jpg (1272x720, 61K)

Never played it but is it more balanced than XV? Because XV is not balanced at all, not only do we have a broken item system but we also have a broken magic system

MGS constantly forces players into scripted action set pieces which greatly reduce player agency. Compare it to Thief, which released the same year, to see how shallow and simplistic Metal Gear Solid's approach was to gameplay, all in the name of being cinematic.

Attached: smugKaede.png (800x840, 308K)

FF15 is what happens when you combine the worst parts of Dragons Dogma with the worst parts of MGSV: The Phantom Pain.

I want the open world sandbox meme to die

That’s because Dragon’s Dogma automatically gave you a game over if your health dropped to 0. XV couldn’t even commit to that.

nope, some time before episode Ignis came you had the chance to vote for what they should be working on, the winner, surprise surprise, was Episode Ignia
but it had a lot of options

Some of it is unbalanced but it’s actually fun compared to XV.
youtu.be/S2v-FYCN72M

>When your HP hits 0 you go into the danger zone.
>When you lose all your danger zone HP, the game literally freezes for ten seconds so you can fully revive/heal your entire party
HOW DO YOU FUCK UP THIS BAD

Attached: 1541390680517.jpg (226x223, 13K)

Open world sandboxes have been around since the 80s, zoomer.

>exact same gameplay for ff7 remake
>it's gonna be different this time!

>Never played it but is it more balanced than XV?
Dragons Dogma was designed to feel and play a lot like if pen+paper dungeons and dragons was a video game.

Weapons and armor offer flat damage and defense increases.
If your sword has 50 ATK and you hit an enemy with 49 DEF, you will do 1 dmg.

On the flip side of that coin, once you get endgame gear, you are retardedly overpowered and your party will run around killing ogres and cyclopses in 5 seconds

Open world sandboxes aren’t inherently bad, much like how linearity isn’t bad. It’s just when bad games use them as a crutch that problems start to occur.

Attached: neku shrugs.png (172x202, 8K)

>exact same gameplay for ff7 remake
You're so goddamn wrong it hurts

Attached: cloud and barret ff7 remake.jpg (1920x1080, 230K)

This.

Being Nomura is suffering

Finally let him do his thing without Disney breathing down his neck, but give him almost nothing as a team and a broken engine from XIII that ran like dogshit

Took away what little talent he had under him to go fix the disaster that was XIV

Also assigned to several other games including multiple KH in the meantime

Finally get the green light for full production after years of working on it in his spare time trying to piece something together and managed to get some amazing ideas and outlines out along with stunning trailers and solid gameplay showcased

Halfway through it get told he's now the director of FFVIIR DURING the reveal trailer and his pet project is being given to someone else who ends up scrapping every good part Nomura had planned and ruined his one shot at steering the franchise back on track

Attached: noctis-angry.jpg (512x288, 78K)

If you have a good one to recommend, I'd be happy to play it.

The problem with all games like this is it feels like one team creates the world map, and another team creates the assets, and the two teams never communicate, so at the end, somebody just goes around randomly slapping assets into a soulless world map

Nomura should team up with Kojima.

>final fantasy got turned into an action rpg
>we'll never get ATB back
Just kill me desu
Fuck nomura

>we'll never get ATB back
Is this supposed to be a bad thing?

Breath of the Shart is a better example.

Wakestones.

>attacks actually look like they have weight
Jesus, did XV drop the ball hard.

Meanwhile this chucklefuck got basically unlimited funding and free reign to do whatever he wanted for 3 games

Attached: Z6EjThNAkOQPRcdJp-6qTNv3w5YHlqgHDEXmvB8ymaE.jpg (495x259, 19K)

Nomura hasn't made a FF game yet.

Attached: Hold-O.webm (960x540, 2.84M)

This doesn't seem real, but given how retarded SE's management is, I wouldn't rule it out.

Is this webm supposed to be ironic or some shit?

ATB is literally in the FF 7 Remake you retard

Attached: ff 7 remake character swap.png (1920x1080, 1.81M)

Yes? I liked 4-9 combat.
? 7 and 10

You forgot the part where he had to work on the original KH by himself for the first year before they gave him a team. Maybe Square Enix does hate him for some reason.

l

Attached: kh3 combat is bad meme 3.webm (640x480, 2.83M)

>Hold O but then pause and use one of your 99 full heals if you get hit
Damn the complexity is off the charts

It literally isn't. Remake uses the same cancer action hybrid system present in Kingdom hearts.

VSXIII is up there with Spore, Tiberium, and Fable for
>What We Could Have Had: The Game

Attached: 1350232770366.jpg (2048x1152, 1.27M)

Nomura didn't direct VII or X. That was Kitase both times.

>mash x

Attached: kh3 combat is bad meme 2.webm (640x480, 2.46M)

Still better than XIII. Fuck SE for bringing back the godawful stagger system in the FFVII Remake.

>I liked 4-9 combat.

Attached: Final Fantasy V Hold X to Win.webm (780x540, 2.93M)

>intentionally didn't heal himself
You tried to make a point and failed at it

Attached: 1530317772328.jpg (720x736, 32K)

TaBETA the savior of Final Fantasy

Attached: 1491925980150.jpg (3500x5500, 2.08M)

Cool webm Barry

All he did was draw the characters (didn't even really design them, read an interview where he said Square was pretty strict about what they had to look like and made him use an anime style he didn't particularly like) and give a few plot ideas

He started out doing monsters for FFV and didn't get any real recognition until Amano left and he became lead chara designer

Nice try, Barry.

How long until he blows up and starts with the copypastas lads. It's been awhile since his last autism fit.

I mean I dislike all of nomura's designs. I think 7-10 with the exception of 9 have by far the worst designs of the classic ff games. Everything after 10 is an even bigger abomination, especially 13 and 15.

Disney even meddled in KH 3. Nomura should just leave Square so he can be free to do what he wants and not have to worry about the retardation that is Square and the poison that is Disney

Attached: 1559004401615.jpg (626x354, 20K)

Is there a bigger pleb filter in vidya than XV's combat?

Attached: God Tier FFXV Combat 2.webm (960x540, 2.97M)

Tabata tried to copy JoJo and miserably failed even with the group photo at the end to show the journey they took

Attached: cWBslgQ.jpg (1280x720, 137K)

>game sold over 10 million copies
>Yea Forums thinks only one person liked it
Redpill me on this Barry person, and explain why he isn't just newfags trying to create another Quentin.

Attached: 1469085185090.jpg (1000x742, 118K)

>having standards this low
no wonder XVniggers are a laughing stock

Attached: Rundown on Barry:XV-kun:Bazztek.jpg (3800x2000, 1.18M)

>Open world game but the world is lifeless, dull and bland
>Invisible walls every fucking where and there is no climbing which makes exploration frustrating as hell
>Majority of the sidequests are literally fetch quest which gets boring super quick
>Hunts get stale super quick as well
>Magic is fucked up beyond belief. Magic is used like grenades which can damage you and your party. Better off not even using magic at all
>Summons are literally random
>Combat is brain dead. It's basically hold O with the occasional Warp Strike
>Literally can not die and there is no risk. Game literally stops for 10 seconds to allow you to fully heal yourself and the party.
>Story is an utter mess. Characters are undeveloped and when it starts to get interesting, it just fucking ends
>Anti climatic final boss fight
>Character development for Prompto, Ignis , Gladious AND THE FUCKING MAIN VILLIAN OF THE FUCKING GAME ARDYN is literally paid DLC
>Have to watch a CGI movie and an anime to even give a semi fuck about these characters which means the game did a piss poor job of establishing these characters on its own
>BORING

What an utter fuck up

Attached: Noctis.jpg (177x250, 11K)

Shouldn’t be too long now. Wait until he accuses everyone here of being “khcucks” as he spergs the fuck out.

not even
youtube.com/watch?v=1n0CqFioTnk

>>game sold over 10 million copies
Literally wrong. It's only sold 8 million. FF 7, FF 8 and FF 10 sold more than FF 15.

FF 7 sold 13 million
FF 8 sold 8.8 million
FF 10 sold 10 million

Attached: 1558060822514.gif (250x259, 3.96M)

You forgot the most insulting part. The most boring beginning of any FF game ever.
>hold button to push car for 5 minutes

iirc his last tantrum was on a "Action game holy trilogy" thread several days ago

>game being sold mean people like it

Attached: 1559179430355.png (1488x724, 241K)

It shipped 8.4 million. Who knows what the digital numbers were. I honestly don't care, it still outsold MGS5, so I'm upset about that. It's still a good game.

why did they advertise Luna if she was only in the game for 5 secs fucking hell Noctis banged Iris and Sara before he could have even talked to Luna

Attached: FFXV-X-Terra-Battle.jpg (1280x720, 120K)

Thankfully I must have missed it. Though I shouldn't poke the beast, maybe we'll finally be able to have FF threads, and even mention FFXV, without him derailing them again.

>only one person on Yea Forums could *possibly* like this game I irrationally hate!

Attached: 1561730773688.jpg (900x675, 64K)

The only time I ever had fun in FFXV was when I intentionally fought a high level enemy while I was underleveled, and that's hard to do when the game practically showers you with free EXP and makes most enemies trivial.

Attached: 1556041300355.jpg (251x375, 30K)

Why can't zoomers appreciate good games?

>literally have 18 whole seconds after your HP goes to 0 where you can pause and heal
XV was a mistake.

>They called it FFXV because it took 15 years to make

All flash with absolutely zero substance.

Attached: 1558066637430.jpg (316x326, 8K)

Because XV is a shit game. That is a fact. I'm 28 btw

>implying zoomers aren’t the ones loving this shit

XV has mechanics a lot of people overlook because they don't try and learn, but XV is just a what could have been and it is nice for that. Decent package

What good are the mechanics if the game itself doesn’t require you to learn them to get through it?

Since this is a Final Fantasy thread I guess, is Type 0 worth playing? I can buy it now for $9. Never played it but I'm on a FF high right now.

Attached: final-fantasy-type-0-hd-screen-01-ps4-us-24sep14.jpg (1920x1080, 522K)

yes. that's factually true.

you might figure out what is better to use and learn more about it for the sake of enjoying the game and learning how deep it can go. there is a lot of that in XV. handicaps are also fun to apply in games like this.

Kagari seems pretty cute ngl.

Gamer testing gamer

It's alright. Nothing too great but not exactly all that bad either.

>Cor has a minimal part in the game but he's walking behind them like he gets more than 10 minutes of screen time
kek

Gamer no ban pls just testing

>look mommy I'm a mosquito

Tabata has made 1 good game (Crisis Core), 1 mediocre game (Type-0), 1 shit game (Final Fantasy XV) and 1 abomination (3rd Birthday) . What a great resume he has

Attached: tabata kek.png (1366x768, 1.09M)

Does it have that military/mercenary vibe from FFVIII's first part? Goddamn I wanted more of that shit.

I appreciate what you're going for chief but you can't fault old games for being simple and old. XV however is the biggest failure in modern gaming.

Attached: 1523821013787.jpg (800x798, 121K)

i've been hoping for a while now that sony gives nomura the same deal they gave to kojima. he deserves better than squeenix's meddling.

Yes, it has a lot more of that than VIII.

How Square Enix is still alive is just amazing considering all the executive meddling they kept doing to all of their games for the past 10 years.

t. Hasnt fought adamantoise or Omega

Thanks, user. I'll be seriously considering it, then.

After RDR 2, Kingdom Come, and Dragon's Crown

The gameplay in 3rd birthday is great. Unfortunately the story is the worst thing they could have done.

for real. you gotta let your talent do their jobs, just sit back and fund the project you kikes.

>implying adamantoise is hard
You literally just wail on his foot until his head comes into range to be attacked. Repeat for up to an hour.

I’m playing the Witcher 3 right now and man that game blows XV out of the fucking water. It saddens me how far FF has fallen.

Attached: 68296314-7CC1-455B-8EBF-E3AFB4D65EAC.png (325x533, 297K)

The hardest bit in the entire game is grinding for exp with Menace Sleeps in Costlemark, unless you have the rip-off power ranger suits. That and Gladio v Cor in his dlc

Why are you even shilling this game anymore?

press x for awesome