Will there be another video game crash?

What will cause it?

Attached: 4C4FB8B6-161A-4788-BCD5-154272293DE1.png (1277x715, 408K)

No stop being retarded.

Mircotransactions being banned

Me

There's been lots of hits against AAA titles making them sell much less than their expected profits lately, I would say you're a retard for being such a dismissive cunt

What?

Go get em user, make us proud

Attached: Ear.png (1189x853, 2.11M)

Nothing, because the games industry is not just Nintendo, Sony and Microsoft.
Video games have reached a point where they're woven in to Worldwide culture, and one crash in a country won't wipe them out. There would be waves if any one of the big three went down, but the craft of video game design won't go with them.

twitch streamers
game prices inflating to the point where it costs $90 USD for a game + 60 USD for DLC
exclusivity
game streaming

The crash will be when everyone all at once tries to move forward when infrastructure and tech isn't ready for it. When everyone wants to dump consoles for streaming services or focus even more on mobile games. They'll leave a huge gap of people who actually want to play video games with nowhere to go.

We're in the middle of one, at least for the AAA industry.

the triple A and console markets will crash soon. Mostly due to companies abandoning the dedicated audience so only people who play fifa and CoD are satisfied.

AAA Western games are the only thing in danger. They can't keep making mediocre 4 hour games that cost $100m when Japan can kick out quality AAA games and rarely spend $1m on development.

God damn, I hope so. We're never going to get good games again so long as the horrible practices publishers use continue to be entertained.

I can understand being wary of streaming, but I don't think it will get big. Despite Google being at the helm, Streaming games seems to be far too expensive on an individual level, and relies on enough moving parts to be inherently unstable. It's such a luxury that ONLY the richest nation could afford it, but it doesn't do what it does in a way better than what is already available.

Epic Store's Exclusivity is another issue, but so is Steam's own stranglehold on the PC market. If either of them goes down, I can see a LOT of issues coming from it, and we all know that Businesses act on a very different set of rules and priorities than the individual, I would not expect Steam to have backups available at all.

The thing is they don't give a shit about end user quality. Just how little it costs them vs what they can sell. $60 for a game you don't own in any way and shares hardware with hundreds of other users? Is is great for the provider.

Islam bombing gaming companies in the east
Christians bombing gaming companies in the west
Niggers raping all of the above parties

It's already started. Most of the problems AAA developers are dealing with are a direct result of technology stagnating. There's barely any difference between this generation and the last. We haven't gotten a PS5 because it wouldn't be any different than the PS4 or even PS3, they'd share titles and nothing would be different but their resolution. We've completely and utterly plateaued.

Unironically it can happen. Every single Major AAA title is trying to be a live service with predatory addictive features to keep you logging in every single day. but players have a finite amount of time and can't play every game every day. You're going to see a period in which one clear front runner in the world of Live Service games appears and this multi million dollar projects all flounder and die. Anthem was only the beginning.

Decline of quality control and microtransactions.

No sudden crash, but phones and streaming will make it hard for normal home consoles to exist without subscriptions and DLC anymore.

I fucking love Ahoy's videos. Definitely one of the best YouTube channels.

>Lootboxes are banned from all T-rated and under games for the protection of gambling like Belgium
>The amount of useless DLC 10folds or we admit extra credits is right and make games adjust for inflation
I don't like this future

Attached: 1536726087805.jpg (447x686, 62K)

Nah, we are officially "too big too fail". If consumers are willing to buy dumbed down, micro-transaction filled, DLC-fest skinnerboxes propaganda then there really is no bottom of the barrel.

Game companies have long since realized that you can only lower the bar so much per generation. As long as you don't overstep that a new gen will come along and they won't know better than to accept the status quo.

No, and if you believe that there will be you're a retard and know absolutely nothing about the one that happened.

This.

>AAA games finally die off
>AA games and under, niche games, and indie games go on the rise

Will be awesome.