It appears as though there is some confusion amongst the populace in regard to the lore of Doom 2016 and Doom Eternal...

It appears as though there is some confusion amongst the populace in regard to the lore of Doom 2016 and Doom Eternal. Allow me to clear this up for you...

1. DoomSlayer and Doomguy are two(2) entirely different people. Doom 2016 is a reboot of Doom 1, not a continuation from Doom 64. Doom Eternal will be a reboot of Doom 2: Hell on Earth.

2. DoomSlayer is not human. He is a humanoid with distinct human features, but he is a native of Argent D'Nur. He was once their king and the leader of the Night Sentinels.

3. After losing his son in combat, the anguished DoomSlayer made a pact with a demon priest to resurrect him and in turn transformed his son's soul into the Icon of Sin and causing Argent D'Nur to be subjugated by Hell. DoomSlayer is The Betrayer.

4. DoomSlayer spent untold millenia in Hell fighting the demons as revenge, before he was trapped in his tomb.

5. Some lesser minded individuals have come to the conclusion that DoomSlayer is actually Doomguy, who was left in Hell in Doom 64 and eventually discovered by the Night Sentinels during the First Age. This is obviously incorrect, as the inhabitants of the dimension he returns to (our dimension) are completely oblivious in regards to the existence of Hell (with the exception of certain high-ranking UAC personnel) . Such an idea is preposterous as the entire earth was destroyed and humanity was nearly wiped to extinction in Doom 2.

Note: Headcanons regarding "alternative dimensions" which resemble the original dimension in every conceivable way sans the demonic invasion are retarded and belong solely within the minds of the aforementioned lesser-minded folk.

TL;DR: Jannies suck my cock.

Attached: Doom Eternal.jpg (1280x720, 287K)

Fanservice will dictate the direction of the bullshit lore so who cares.

>makes Jerk-off motion
""DoomSlayer"" is such a shitty name. Slayer is a fucking Halobabby term anyway.
He should be called DoomDeathmatch.

Is Eternal's protagonist the same as 2016 at least?

tee hee. yes! doom eternal's protagonist is indeed the guy from doom 2016!!!!!!!! yes!!!!!!! :O

Are you having a stroke?

Alternate universe theory is true OP, stay fucked

>Doom 2016 is a reboot of Doom 1

no its not

troll thread

sage

Hm! You are dumb! Hmm, sorry! You are dumb :P

I'm utterly convinced at this point paid Bethesda shills are spamming lore thread and trying to keep them alive as long as possible to numb everyone to the fact that Eternal will have a HEAVY emphasis on story and lore. Bethesda is doing it to appeal to zoomers and redditors that think "le RIP AND TEAR" is unironically BADASS!!!™ while simultaneously trying to prevent the shitstorm from Doom-fags that will call them out on having such a heavy emphasis on lore/story as opposed to actual gameplay and level design

Doomguy is such a fucking chad. *sigh* doomguy is such a fucking badass motherfucker. Hmm, doomguy CONQUERED the legions of HELL. How big of a fucking badass do you have to be to MAKE *clap* SATAN *clap* YOUR *clap* BITCH. Did you know that doomguy launched a rocket directly into the Icon of Sin's head, thus destroyed the head or George Romero and saving the Earth from Hell. WHAT??!?!! Have you not played the classic 1995 game; DOOM Hell on Earth. Bro... you are such a ... newfag. In case you weren't aware, Doom revolutionized gaming and brought the first person genre to the forefront of gaming. You know that term all you Call of Duty kiddies love so much... "DEATHMATCH". Yeah, George Romero invented that fucking thing, bitch. you are such a fucking faggot that you don't know this. Anyway im getting off topic. What I wanted to say was that doomguy is a fucking badass God amongst men and he probably has a 10 inch cock to go along with his big biceps. I bet doomguy chugged a 6-pack of beer before gunning down demons with a minigun AND THEN FUCKED SATAN'S DAUGHTER. dude... *shakes my head appreciatively with a smirk on my face*... can you imagine if Doomguy was fucking your girlfriend? DUDE he would fuck her and creampie her with his fat fucking cock and he would hold her with his big arms and kiss her and she would love it. she would love it. HE IS JUST THAT BADASS. if you tried to stop him he would fucking kill you because.... DUH! he's the doomguy! doomslayer. Doomguy makes demons his bitch! in the new game, DOOM eternal, i hope the demons catch one glimpse of doomguy and PISS THEIR FUCKING PANTS and run away screaming! oh my god imagine blasting away an IMP with your double-barrel shotgun. imagine doomguy dual wielding a chainsaw and the BFG9000 and going to town on the demon armies because he doesnt give a fuck! MAN LITERALLY TOO ANGRY TO DIE!!!!!! RIP AND TEAR. YOU HAVE HUGE GUTS.

Attached: DE.jpg (460x215, 79K)

>Doom 2016 is a reboot of Doom 1, not a continuation from Doom 64. Doom Eternal will be a reboot of Doom 2: Hell on Earth.
wrong. Doom 2016 is a Doom 64 sequel.

Attached: 1562274041745.png (861x1039, 1.77M)

>TL;DR

You got that right nigga

If you're reading in Doom you're playing it wrong

It's just a seething pc cuck

Nope. You are wrong and I, of course, am right!

Okay, there are a lot of things wrong here. Let's unpack this.

1. DoomSlayer is confirmed to be male. At one point Olivia Pierce directly refers to him with a masculine pronoun.

2. There are zero(0) incarnations of Doomguy with blue eyes. Every rendition has BROWN eyes. Why are her eyes blue.

3. DoomSlayer does not have gigantic hands that are bigger than his head. He has also never given "the finger" within a game, outside of modded content.

Attached: Giant Hand.jpg (826x968, 196K)

Theres always been multiple doomguys
The doomguy from knee deep in the dead gets teleported to hell, yet the doomguy from shores of hell starts out on Deimos.

>I'm utterly convinced at this point paid Bethesda shills
no, it's literally one obsessed guy who hates the idea that Doom 64 is canon and keeps spamming his shit in every Doom thread.

*gif of donald trump saying "WRONG!"*

nope! all the games are indeed CANON but they are not necessarily CONNECTED. Doom 1, 2 and 64 are all connected but Doom 2016 and Doom Eternal are their own separate reboots. Doom 3 is a lone wolf.

Attached: d.png (1584x1771, 2.06M)

How can someone this autistic be so RIGHT?

Attached: 1559957648418.png (1001x1001, 765K)

Doomslayer is Doomguy. After closing the portal in 64, he has had to relive the whole scenario over and over. It is why he disregards any exposition from the other characters and just gets straight to shutting the shit down. He has to repeat this for eternity.

This is his Hell.

I'll admit that this is a possibility!!!!!!!! however it wouldnt explain why he's returning to earth in eternal or why he is surprised by certain things happening :O HEHEHEH!!!!! if he was in there eternally he would know everything before it happens!!!!!!!! wouldnt you agree!!!???

>why he is surprised by certain things happening

like what

>nope! all the games are indeed CANON but they are not necessarily CONNECTED
unless you are talking about a multiverse yes they are connected. The guy that stays in Hell in Doom 64 is the guy in the sarcophagus in Doom 2016. In all seriousness, I don't know if it's your bad english but I really have no fucking clue what you are trying to say and I'm one of the few people that cares about Doom lore.

he would have known that the BFG place would COLLAPSE!!!! he wouldn't have hesitated prior to downloading VEGA'S AI to the PRAETOR SUIT. DUH!!!!! HE would not have been caught OFF GUARD by the cyberdemon within his containment room, being forcefully pulled in and tossed across the floor!!!!!! DUH!!!!!! :D :D :D X/

You did not read my posts! The doomguy cannot be doomslayer because the universe he returns to in doom 2016 has never encountered a demonic invasion before AND doomguy had no connection to Argent D'Nur. !!! DUH!!!! You are a troglodyte. Suck my shit log and shame be upon you! DUH!!!!!!

>he would have known that the BFG place would COLLAPSE!!!!
obvious trap.
>he wouldn't have hesitated prior to downloading VEGA'S AI to the PRAETOR SUIT.
it doesn't make sense to blindly trust robot man

>Slayer is a fucking Halobabby term anyway.
OR it could be the 80s band that inspired the entire aesthetic of the franchise you millennial faggot

but he said doomslayer had experienced all of that shit before countless times

no

Hell would not be the same shit over and over. It would throw different shit at the tormented to try and get them to fall. The scenario is the same, but the actual shit that happens can be different.

>You did not read my posts!
of course I do, you keep repeating the same nonsense in EVERY doom thread.
> the universe he returns to in doom 2016 has never encountered a demonic invasion
THIS IS NOT ENGLISH ! seriously wtf are you saying.
>doomguy had no connection to Argent D'Nur
yes it's in the logs that he meets them while in Hell.

sounds too gay for a doom plot. Shame be upon you! OHAHU HA OHAHU HA OHAHU HA

Explain daisy then faggot

>TL;DR: Jannies suck my cock.
This. It was officially confirmed by devs, check recent QuakeCon stream.

fucking summer

Attached: 1493589404978.jpg (1200x1600, 94K)

The universe that his tomb is brought to (the setting of the entire game; Earth realm) is completely identical to the universe he originated from if your theory were to be correct. Everything about it, even the UAC, exists there. For a world that was supposedly destroyed by a demonic invasion, it is strange that they don't even know that Hell exists.

>yes it's in the logs that he meets them while in Hell.

I've read every log in the game and not once is that stated, either directly or implied.

Attached: NV 3.jpg (589x354, 21K)

>It was officially confirmed by devs, check recent QuakeCon stream.
I did. time stamp ?

So why should I take your headcanon as fact over anybody else's headcanon?

Somewhere between Todd's speech and bald guy in red shirt.

What the fuck is this thread?

Attached: Dude.gif (488x519, 415K)

Explain Cacodemons. Explain UAC. Explain Imps. Explain plasma gun. Explain literally anything in the game. Why the fuck is daisy the determining factor that supposedly connects the games together? Why wouldn't every other things Doom related connect them? You are dumb.

Attached: Elephant.jpg (676x581, 54K)

>For a world that was supposedly destroyed by a demonic invasion, it is strange that they don't even know that Hell exists.
Eons past. They do. You MIGHT want to consider the possibility you are retarded.

Because I am very smart :)

*slaps you in the face with my cheesy cock*

Attached: Female.jpg (540x960, 129K)

its a DOOM thread
also
*DOOT*

Attached: 1564279116838.jpg (849x1200, 128K)

your average Yea Forums thread

>What the fuck is this thread?
It's some obsessed guy who spams every Doom thread about how Doom 64 is not cannon. or something.

Let's clear this up.

Attached: Doom_Timeline.png (2081x329, 34K)

Literally no one on Earth or even in the UAC knows that Hell is real except for Tier-3 members and above.

Attached: Sadie Addler.png (681x667, 722K)

Pain Elemental is going to be my main in Battle mode.

Attached: Swiggity swooty.gif (480x337, 2.84M)

>1
Confirmed that they're the same person in the extended lore for Quake Champions.
>2
Never mentioned in the lore that the Doomslayer was a native of Argent D'nur, only that at one point he led the night sentinels
>3
The Betrayer is not confirmed to be the Slayer. The Icon of Sin isn't at all mentioned otherwise, and is dead by the time we find it in 2016.

>4
Spent untold millennia in hell, yes. trapped in his tomb, yes. Revenge, yes, but over daisy, not his non-existent son.
>5
You mean, the people will be right when doom Eternal comes out. We've got a dude who sounds like the villain from doom 3, hell, alternate dimensions, and ect from the trailers that essentially confirms they're the same dude.

Also, eons have not passed. The game takes place around 2150, probably a little less.

Attached: D.gif (100x100, 144K)

Why the fuck would a rabbit that is the pet of doomguy be in promotional art for the game if the doomslayer isn't doomguy? Why the fuck would she be mentioned at all?

Because daisy was doomguys pet rabbit, and she’s referenced to have been doomslayers pet which proves they are the same person and your head canon is blown out of the water

but they do ?
>Somewhere between Todd's speech and bald guy in red shirt.
can't find it.

ok bro im the only one who cares enough to take what you say at face value but you are not even trying to make sense. I'm out.

I don't take lore from videogames that aren't even DOOM as concrete evidence for DOOM lore. Sorry!

And Icon of Sin is confirmed to be the son of The Betrayer and is going to rise again in the "call of ages", meaning Doom Eternal.

Attached: y.png (830x798, 239K)

>Also, eons have not passed.
but he was trapped in hell for eons or millennia as the other user put it. bro seriously you are one dense mother fucker lol.

If you read the logs you would know that they are not aware that Hell is real. You are dumb, sorry!

Uh oh! Smoothbrain alert!!! These guys are smoothbrains!

Just kidding, folks. Just fooling. They mentioned Daisy because she was mentioned in DOOM 1. You know what else was mentioned in DOOM 1? Cacodemons and UAC and imps and plasma gun and literally everything else in the game. To make the assumption that daisy of all things is a concrete signifier of the game's connection is a logical fallacy, as that same thinking could be applied to literally anything in the game which is a callback to previous titles.

Attached: minecraft.jpg (932x1200, 78K)

>The Betrayer is not confirmed to be the Slayer.

Isn't the theory or concrete info that suggests that the betrayer is the one that empowers/inhabits doomguy at the end of the first episode of doom 1 or something?

That's because Argent D'Nur fell in the "first age", likely aeos ago. They have nothing to do with the earth realm. You are stupid!

Attached: Censored.jpg (255x255, 12K)

>He is a humanoid with distinct human features
fake and gay

You're fake and gay.

>To make the assumption that daisy of all things is a concrete signifier of the game's connection is a logical fallacy

this nigga retarded

>DoomSlayer is not human.

Why is his praetor armor noted to be manufactured by humans? Why would an ancient warrior of holy order from a different dimension be using human gear?

So, you're retarded, then?

Yet you give no reasoning as to why I am retarded. Thusly, I can only make the assumption that you are retarded. This is the unfortunate truth.

>DUDE. DAISY'S IN THE PROMOTIONAL ART FOR DOOM ETERNAL. THE GAMES ARE CONNECTED BECAUSE DAISY WAS MENTIONED IN DOOM 1.
>DUDE. CACODEMONS ARE IN DOOM 2016. THE GAMES ARE CONNECTED BECAUSE CACODEMONS WERE IN DOOM 1.

What's the difference in logic here?

Attached: Poem.jpg (900x818, 74K)

I think it's the same Doomguy, but this argument doesn't make sense. They could be two different interpretations of the same character without literally being the exact same person.
>The Spider-Man in Spider-Man, the one in The Amazing Spider-Man, and the one in Spider-Man Homecoming are all separate characters
>No! They all have an Aunt May, so they just be the same person! This proves that Homecoming is a sequel to TASM, which is a sequel to Spider-Man!
See how that doesn't make sense?

A possibility. It's unlikely that the Doomguy/Doomslayer and the Betrayer are the exact same entity, however. But If it turns out to be so in Eternal, then who knows.

At the moment, opinions on Doom lore are a bit
( ••)
( ••)>■-■
Polarized
(■_■)
YYYYYYYEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH

The armor is stated in the logs to have been bestowed upon the DoomSlayer by a demon known as the Wretch. The english engravings are an error by the developers. Or, considering that DoomSlayer comprehends the demon language as english, we can assume the notes on the praetor suit are actually demon runes which the doomslayer can read and comprehend, appearing to us an english.

But, chances are the developers just fucked up.

Attached: Agile.jpg (473x699, 51K)

Regardless of whether he's the same character, where do people get the idea that he's the traitor? The game never tells us anything about the traitor that could possibly connect him to Doomguuy except that they're both Night Sentinels.

>DUDE. CACODEMONS ARE IN DOOM 2016. THE GAMES ARE CONNECTED BECAUSE CACODEMONS WERE IN DOOM 1.

Who the fuck are you quoting? Doom 3 made no mention of Daisy. It was a reboot of the first game. Doom 3 had all the demons we're used to. Get to Doom Eternal, the sequel of Doom 2016, all of a sudden Daisy pops out of fucking nowhere.

Stop trying to pull the strawman shit.

Daisy is personally belonging to doomguy fuckface all those other doom staples you mentioned are also in doom 3, you know what’s not in doom 3? Doomguy

More likely: The Wretch used Doomguy's OG armor as a base in order to make the Praetor Suit, and added the Argent Energy Capillaries or whatever.

It's unlikely that the suit that the Devs spent probably the most time on would have something that simple as an error.

> the inhabitants of the dimension he returns to (our dimension) are completely oblivious in regards to the existence of Hell
> the entire earth was destroyed and humanity was nearly wiped to extinction
I dunno man, I feel like this one explains itself. Humans aren't good at keeping records when they just went through the apocalypse, and even if records were kept, how long would belief be sustained, with all contact with hell severed?
It's entirely likely that enough time has passed from Doom 2 for humanity to have forgotten about it, buy and large.
Especially with encouragement from shady government high-ups who have their eyes on eventually returning to hell for another go at extracting its energy.

All I can honestly say is that you are retarded. However, I can prove that you are retarded so my insult holds merit.

Doom 3 was a reboot of the first game, but it holds no place in the continuity of the current series. There's no reason for Doomguy to have been both Doom Marine and DoomSlayer. Therefore it doesn't matter and I'm not sure why you've mentioned it. Daisy doesn't fucking matter because you can literally choose anything in Doom 2016 which was also in Doom 1 and then connect the games. Why the fuck does daisy make a difference. You're just dumb, man. You're just dumb.

Attached: Agharta.jpg (962x1000, 297K)

>we can assume the notes on the praetor suit are actually demon runes which the doomslayer can read and comprehend, appearing to us an english.

This doesn't make sense. Why would characters change to something else just because we understand the meaning of them?

Doom 3 had the UAC incident in 2145 so it is connected to the other dooms.... a little bit

Because while things like Cacodemons, UAC, Plasma guns, whatever have been in EVERY Doom game, Daisy has only appeared in the first two games and now getting hints in eternal.

>3. After losing his son in combat, the anguished DoomSlayer made a pact with a demon priest to resurrect him and in turn transformed his son's soul into the Icon of Sin and causing Argent D'Nur to be subjugated by Hell. DoomSlayer is The Betrayer.

This is literally confirmed to be false by their own writing team, you fucking false flagger

Doom 2016 takes place in ~2150. Therefore, everything you said is pointless.

That's a possibility, but my theory is probably correct.

Who cares about Doom 3? You have an error in logic that you refuse to correct.

Attached: Neanderthal Hunters.jpg (1160x683, 215K)

This is wrong

>There's no reason for Doomguy to have been both Doom Marine and DoomSlayer.

Where did I say Doomguy was both Doom Marine AND Doomslayer? Please point to it.

I said Doom 3 was a reboot of 1, a complete disconnect from the original games.

You need to learn to fucking read, retard.

Was it? When did that happen?

Because you couldn't read them otherwise, unless you could comprehend a fictional demon rune language.

Doesn't matter. Doom Marine cannot be Doomguy or Doom Eternal so it's irrelevant.

They're bringing in Daisy because Eternal is a hyper-retrovised reboot of Doom 2. It doesn't mean they are connected. This right here is the quantum leap that most anons can't comprehend. Reboot =/= continuity.

Show some proof, why don't you.

Attached: Art.jpg (1310x900, 165K)

> The book of Genesis takes place in ~0. Therefore, everything you said is pointless.
Humanity tends to reset its calendar year when horrific world-shattering shit happens.

Inb4 Argent D'nur is actually just another UAC earth that managed to get self-sustaining energy, and the night sentinels are just the night shift marines

why are you guys arguing with the OP? they're clearly both trolling AND retarded
The Doom 1-2-64-4 connection is pretty obvious to anyone who took the time to read the lore and play the games. this thread is shit

Why are you arguing about Doom 3, a completely separate game with no ties to the older or modern games. I don't understand how this will aid meaningfully to your side of the argument.

The only thing of substance here is "Doom 3 was a reboot of 1, a complete disconnect from the original games." Take this sentence but replace Doom 3 with Doom 2016/Eternal.

Attached: I am... (1).png (1712x1442, 644K)

They'll be the UAC that gets their energy from Heaven or some shit.

>1
Then why weren't they always in english?
>2
Doom 3's Villain sounds pretty active in the Doomhunter trailer, mate.
>3
Reboot =/= Hard Reboot.

>Doom 3, a completely separate game with no ties to the older or modern games.

This is what I am saying. Please get better reading comprehension you absolute downie cunt.

Too bad you didn't ready the lore!

Yeah but you're reaching. They're not gonna bother doing that. You have to keep in mind that they will need to explain the lore and story in a comprehensive manner throughout the course of the game. All this convoluted shit you propose is pointless.

Attached: Submerged wolf 2.jpg (757x504, 110K)

You are dumb, man.

>1
Probably because it wasn't important.
>2
Doctor Betruger is dead. He died in Resurrection of Evil.
>3
Yeah, we'll see.

Attached: Hooligan.jpg (1024x1536, 524K)

> it's convoluted to say that humans forgot about hell after a literal near-extinction of the human race
> it's MORE convoluted to say the above than to say that, in history, two separate, near identical beings existed and did the exact same things to the forces of hell

Attached: 1563584480179.jpg (1174x1200, 130K)

I'm not this guy but I'm pretty sure they said it in a panel or tweet that they were 2 separate guys.

What pisses me off the most about this theory is that there is literally nothing to support it. The lore pieces all refer to them with different titles. the betrayer is ALWAYS the betrayer and the slayer is always the slayer.

It's fan fiction made up by people who are angry at the fact that the slayer is literally a flawless character (As in, his character doesn't have any fatal flaws)

you're a retard. learn to read and go read the datalogs before you shitpost again.

>Doctor Betruger is dead
Hasn't stopped Hell before.

>there’s a NotHalo 1 and a NotHalo 2
>NotHalo 1 is better than NotHalo 2
>but they look the same
>but they’re totally not interchangeable even though they both kill demons

Who gives a fuck. Unless you’re trying to tell me that the reason we have low-enemy-count casual console trash Doom Eternal coming is because this bitch isn’t the bad boy from the originals and that’s canon I don’t give a FUCK

I'm pretty sure I heard the spirit of the betrayer is in the body of doomguy, which is why he might be so powerful. I can't find anything supporting this so I am most likely talking out of my ass.

You’re severely retarded.

DoomSlayer is the only "Doomguy" in existence in Doom 2016's lore.

I'd need to see the evidence. Something tells me that it's just some guy fumbling up his words and retards take it as fact.

You're dumb. Admit it.

Yeah I suppose we'll see.

Attached: Lumberjacks.jpg (970x650, 327K)

Alright then, why the fuck is the doomslayer's armor human compatible?

It isn't. I mentioned in the OP that DoomSlayer is technically not human, because he's a native of Argent D'Nur. If you read the log entries, you'll find that the UAC scientists were completely unable to activate any of the suit's functions while DoomSlayer was still unconscious because it was missing a vital component; the DoomSlayer himself.

Attached: Air of Mystery.png (658x1114, 458K)

>headcanon

you're a retard who can't read, admit it

Where is it said that doomslayer is a native of Argent D'Nur?

Did either of you read the game's log entries? Because it's ironic that you call me illiterate when the in-game lore is on my side. Humans cannot wield the Praetor suit.

Attached: Expand Your Mind.png (1186x1190, 2.44M)

Because DoomSlayer is not connected to Doom 1 or 2 or 64, so it is to be assumed that he is a native of Argent D'Nur. All of the in-game lore describes him originating from D'Nur. There is not a single piece of evidence within the entire game that implies that he was a human who traveled to D'Nur and became their king.

Attached: Mel Gibson.jpg (960x840, 156K)

you're saying all of this but aren't actually linking anything to back your statements up so cool headcanon kid good for you

reading and understanding are two different things user, the suit was made on earth, how can a suit made on earth not be worn by humans, therefore what you said is headcanon. ie. you made up lore in your own head

Why would other humans not being able to use his suit prove that he isn't human? It's a setting with literal magic and advance technology you stupid retard, it could just be "programmed" not to work for anyone but him.

Stop making these threads and have sex or dilate, you pathetic faggot. Nobody wants to keep hearing your shitty headcanon.

> doomslayer is not connected to doom 1 or 2 or 64
> this is proved by the fact that he's a native of argent d'nur
> which is proved by the fact that he's not connected to doom 1 or 2 or 64
C I R C U L A R
R E A S O N I N G

Load up the game and go to the artifacts section of the codex. You can read about the DoomSlayer and his suit. I will spoonfeed you just this once.

Attached: doom.png (1452x606, 184K)

can't see anything about him being an a native to argent d'nur. cool, kid. good for you, cool imagination.

The suit wasn't made on Earth, it was created by a demon; The Wrech. You did not read the lore so you have no room to argue.

You are the guys without any actual lore to back up your theories. Not sure why you're projecting. Actually I am sure.

Attached: Modern Man.png (433x433, 440K)

Hey op, are you going to kill yourself when it turns out you are indeed completely wrong?

Den why doomslayer look like modernized version of doomguy?

It's called deductive reasoning. No matter what you may think, there is more actual lore within the game to support my theory than yours. This is a harsh truth of life that you will need to overcome.

Attached: w.png (583x2452, 1.72M)

Now that I think about it, I think I remember the codex mentioning that the demons trapped Doomguy in the Blood Keep level from Doom 64.

>"Actual lore to back up your theories"

A bunch of extremely vague codex logs isn't definitive proof, sorry kiddo.

If I'm wrong I'll buy a physical copy of Doom Eternal and film myself fucking the hole in the middle of the disc.

Because it's a Doom game, silly.

Attached: Doesn't Have to Be This Way.jpg (1200x974, 520K)

Okay, but why are you so determined to argue your theory? Why do you fucking care? What made you this autistic? I need to know for science.

While we're sharing screenshots from the fucking wikia.

Go ahead and say it's a dev error.

Attached: chrome_UNT2lr2toV.png (862x148, 14K)

"Extremely vague codex logs" is definitely more proof than what you have, which is absolutely nothing besides blind assumptions. This is undeniable.

I've read every log in the game. That is never mentioned once.

Attached: I am... (2).png (1694x488, 214K)

He’s legitimately retarded. That’s why he keeps spamming the same thread repeatedly.

The actual lore to back up our theories says that the demons feared the doomslayer because he'd already proven he could kill them as long and as hard as necessary.
This sounds like doomguy.
The actual lore to back up our theories says that the doomslayer looks like a human in vaguely UAC-ish armor.
The actual lore to back up our theories does not mention the doomslayer's origin, so he is not necessarily a native of Argent D'nur.

>source: my big fat cock

Attached: 1563122706497.png (1208x867, 1.13M)

>Demons have manufacturing logos

>I've read every log in the game. That is never mentioned once.

Of course they're not going to mention "AND THE DOOMSLAYER WAS TRAPPED ON THE DOOM 64 LEVEL CALLED BLOOD KEEP!"

Because a true man fights for what he knows is right. My Doom lore theories are better than yours!

What I'm reading is a fan of the game making assumptions based upon what could very well be a mistake by the developer. The actual, in game-lore states that it was bestowed upon him by The Wretch. Anything else is based on assumptions.

Attached: HAARP.jpg (600x372, 68K)

OP BTFO

"THE QUAKE CHAMPIONS LORE DOESN'T COUNT BECAUSE I SAID SO!"

BRUH LOOK AT THIS DUDE.

Also Doom 64 is Hugo's favorite Doom game and his first, which ending directly ties in with the beginning of Doom 2016.

Come on man, there's no shame in admitting you're wrong. The more you keep at this the more pathetic you look.

>That is never mentioned once.
Yet as the mighty Titan fell and dread engulfed the armies of Doom, the demon priests of the Blood Temples laid a trap to capture this scourge of Hell. Insatiable, even by the vanquishing of the Great One, the Hell Walker sought prey in the tombs of the Blood Keep. And blinded by his fervor, the lure drew him in. The priests brought down the temple upon the Doom Slayer, and in his defeat entombed him in the cursed sarcophagus. The mark of the Doom Slayer was burned upon his crypt, a warning to all of Hell that the terror within must never be freed. There he lies still, and ever more, in silent suffering.

What do they eat?

Attached: Fat Ass.png (1360x768, 1.06M)

Look at the actual suit yourself. Tell me it's a dev error, go on.

Anything and everything. Just like Cacodemons.

I will not reply to and . If they wish to know my response to their statements they must simply re-read the previous posts in this thread.

Doomguy was imprisoned, but not in the circumstances surrounding Doom 64. Doom 64 has no relation to Argent D'Nur.

Attached: Infant.jpg (616x595, 123K)

see

I've already given my opinion on this. Re-read the previous posts in the thread.

Read this Again, re-read previous posts regarding Quake Champions.

Attached: Happy Arrest.jpg (1024x755, 154K)

>DoomSlayer and Doomguy are two(2) entirely different people. Doom 2016 is a reboot of Doom 1, not a continuation from Doom 64. Doom Eternal will be a reboot of Doom 2: Hell on Earth.
le wat

OP confirmed for fag.

If you read all the codex then tell me how many ages have there been in hell.

Doom 64 has no relation to Argent D'Nur. You are dumb.

you just posted cringe, bro

So you're saying it's a dev error?

Cool. Got a source for that?

I want to travel to your house and beat you to death with a book so you learn to read in the afterlife.
Then I want to travel to your corner of hell and tear open the skull of your tortured soul so I can brand "doomguy and doomslayer are the same" onto your fucking brain.

>When the gate is opened, in the fourth age, when we have risen and the masters have shown us the path, she will be come. A great blessing will be given to the key holder, for they will become one with the master, and in that holy union the power of the dark priest will be unleashed upon the heretics of the Penumbral Plain. The Aranea Imperatix. Carried in the mind of all who follow, fed from the blood of those who fell, made with bone of rock, iron, steel and sinew. A mighty god to rule over all other gods. One become two become legion.

4 ages. 1st age was the subjugation of Argent D'Nur. Nothing is none about the 2nd or 3rd age. 4th age is the modern games.

>I have read every codex in the game
>Gets presented with dialogue from the story of the Doomslayer
>NO RELATION!!!

haha fag

Thank you OP very informative post :) I'm not reading any other comments because I just got over my bout of brain rot, but thank you for sharing.

Man, who gives a fuck. I just want to rip and tear.

I want you to suck the cheese off my cock.

ATTENTION: Doom 64 is a continuation from Doom 2. Neither Doom 1 or 2 have any relation to Argent D'Nur. DoomSlayer was kind of D'Nur before being imprisoned. Therefore, they are not the same. They are completely different narratives.

Attached: Man.jpg (1032x794, 286K)

I did read your thoughts on Quake Champions lore. It's literally just you going "LALALA, OFFICIAL ID SOFTWARE GAMES PRODUCED BY ID SOFTWARE DON'T COUNT BECAUSE IT UPSETS MY FLIMSY AS FUCK HEADCANON"

Seriously man, you need to quit already.

They obvious hold no relation is the story is completely different.

Attached: Defender.jpg (1024x840, 55K)

ATTENTION: All doom games except 3 are in the same timeline. Doomslayer was a human trapped in hell. Therefore, they are the same. They are the same fucking timeline.

keep trying to save face, it'll work any time now.

Quake Champions (which is a piece of shit might I say) put in Doomguy because he's a reputed character. I'll take any "lore" from that game with a grain of salt.

u ok hun???

Attached: CfM21bEWEAA0fIy.jpg (900x1200, 99K)

Wrong.

I don't understand how it's saving face if they're two completely different storylines. Did you even play these games?

What is your fucking concrete evidence of Doomslayer being an Argent D'nur native? The Testament of the Doomslayer only mentions he "wore the crown of the Night Sentinels", which could mean he could've worn it after the place got absorbed into hell. The story of the betrayer IS NOT in the Doomslayer's testament but instead the codex entries about the Argent D'nur itself, which means there is the possibility of it not being the Doomslayer. In this thread you are also ignoring some crucial elements, like even though the Wretch forged the Praetor suit is looks nothing like other demonic "armour" we see from time to time. There is also the fact it looks nothing like the Sentinel armour either.

Point me to one codex that explicetly says he is from Argent D'nur.

Once again, dipshit: there is nothing stating Doomslayer was always a resident of Argent D'nur. You can't claim you're correct when you don't have all the facts to support your claim. I'm sorry, but it doesn't work that way.

If DoomSlayer was king of D'Nur before being imprisoned, and Doomguy was a space marine before being imprisoned, how are they the same person?

Attached: Beowulf - Geats.jpg (1250x809, 521K)

You can take whatever you want with a grain of salt, it's still an id software game produced by id software so I trust it way more than your headcanon.

did you even play the games?

have you even played the original games or are you one of the faggots that played 2016 and only 2016 and thinks he's the expert?

EXCEPT THERE IS LITERALLY NO EVIDENCE THAT ARGENT D'NUR FELL AFTER DOOMSLAYER GOT IMPRISONED. THE CODEX SAYS THE NIGHT SENTINELS FELL, BUT THEY COULD'VE FELL WHILE BEING IN HELL

Read this , dummy.

All the lore in the game explicitly states that he's from D'Nur. GRANTED, nothing speaks about his possible life prior to D'Nur, but the fact that there IS NOTHING regarding his life prior to D'Nur would only lead to one conclusion: he's a native. Praetor suit looks different from the Night Sentinel armor because the Sentinel armor was forged by Argent D'Nur natives, the praetor suit was forged by a demon.

Attached: CWC Moral Alignment.jpg (913x821, 201K)

Imagine caring about this shit story.
Its fun cuz its a brain dead shooter.

>All the lore in the game explicitly states that he's from D'Nur.

no it fucking doesn't. i am seriously beginning to doubt your reading ability.

Attached: mobileunlockfailcapture2.jpg (194x259, 5K)

How the fuck is this retard still making these threads when we know for a fact the creative director's favorite and first Doom was 64? Come on now, that right there should tell you he's going to be the same fucking guy, Jesus Christ.

Also with the way they're bending over backwards to make the fans happy and the most popular fan assumption is that he's the same guy you'd really think they'd back out of that now? Get a fucking reality check, guy.

The last level of the fucking game takes place in Argent D'Nur, dumbass. Turn off capslock lest your retardation be all the more apparent. Once again, all I can say is that you need to actually play the game and read the lore before trying to debate.

Attached: Gladiator.jpg (1200x806, 301K)

Literally how the fuck does that relate to the possibility of Argent D'nur being absorbed BEFORE Doomslayer got locked up?

More evidence that he's from D'Nur than he isn't.

>but the fact that there IS NOTHING regarding his life prior to D'Nur would only lead to one conclusion: he's a native.

I mean yeah, if you're a retard that jumps to conclusions I guess.

D'Nur got absorbed before he got imprisoned, a long time before. Everything got absorbed into Hell, including the Night Sentinels and the Wraiths. What does it matter.

you keep saying that but you aren't actually posting any of it.

go ahead and post that you won't spoonfeed or some bullshit. the reality is you have no evidence that suggests this and can't admit it.

Zero evidence isn't greater than zero.

If anyone's jumping to conclusions, it's everyone here but me.

Because we are arguing if he is a native of the Argent D'nur realm and I was making a counter point against the user's post Him being a marine before going into hell and coming across the Night Sentinels becoming their king is a possibility that the fucker does not consider.

Have you two actually read all the codex entries within the game.

The devs said that gameplay always comes first multiple times and in almost every interview they're been in. The story is something that you have to actively look for. It won't be shoved down your throat.

Haha, look at the ego on this one! 14 year old thinks he's smarter than everyone else because he has a contrarian theory that he can't really back up! You are precious.

yes, and i'm struggling to find anything that suggests that he's from Argent D'Nur.

go to bed, child.

I am that user you fucking goof.

IN DOOM 64: Doomguy is the DOOM MARINE from Doom 1 and 2. NO RELATION to Argent D'Nur. It is a direct continuation from Doom 2.

IN DOOM 2016: DoomSlayer was the king of D'Nur before returning to Hell and being imprisoned.

Doom 64 makes no mention of D'Nur, so they're not the same guy.

I suppose you just have poor reading comprehension.

This reads like a Twitter post.

Attached: Statues.jpg (540x810, 133K)

coming from the guy that can't digest words? fuckin' cool ranch, kid.

I have and nothing in any of the codex logs disproves he isn't the same guy or says he's a native of Argent D'nur.

Why don't you wait for Eternal to come out instead of making these autistic threads? That's always an option.

>Game before another game doesn't mention a plot point that can be argued that takes place in between a time gap in the games
No fucking shit.

Attached: angery.jpg (1280x720, 77K)

Out of everything in this thread this is the real question: Why make these threads?
If you are right, all it does is stroke your ego but no one is going to be "converted" to your side
If you are wrong, you make yourself look like the biggest faggot on the board.

And your posts read like they're from someone who desperately needs to have sex.

>fuckin' cool ranch, kid.

There's more evidence that he is from there than he isn't.

Was there a time gap between when Doomguy enters Hell and gets imprisoned in Doom 64?

Attached: Indian Shanty Town.jpg (800x533, 124K)

This one reads like a Reddit post, dare I say.

Just wait for Eternal to come out you stupid faggot. Stop waging this retarded campaign.

The only thing about argent D'nur from the Slayer Testaments was that the Slayer wore the crown of the Night Sentinels. Judging by the fact that the testaments are full of flowery, poetic speech, it's likely that the Doom Slayer merely led the group, and wasn't their king. It's entirely likely that he wasn't even a native.

Let's be honest, if you were a group of knights dedicated to destroying hell, and you saw a dude like the doomslayer ripping and tearing effortlessly, wouldn't you make him your leader?

>Was there a time gap between when Doomguy enters Hell and gets imprisoned in Doom 64?

At the end of 64 he closes the portal while staying in Hell so you fuckin tell me.

>Was there a time gap between when Doomguy enters Hell and gets imprisoned in Doom 64?
This is probably where your retardation comes from. HE DID NOT GET IMPRISONED IN DOOM 64.

Doom 64 states that he consciously stayed in hell of his own free will to continue on fighting. It's why people love the theory of the two being the same people. Not once does it mention him being trapped, which means it is open enough to say time passed from him killing the mother demon to the events of the Slayer's Testaments.

That's funny, because most people who hate the idea of him being the same Doomguy are redditors.

HMMMMMMM

>Called a Mancubus
Semen, obviously.

He isn't imprisoned in 64. he willingly stays in hell to face the hordes. It's only after eons is he captured.

Imagine the game comes out and I'm right.

Once again, you are making assumptions. I'm not going to argue with assumptions because it is a fruitless endeavor. The lore, straight from the developers, states that the DoomSlayer was their king. None of the lore states that he was just a random dude that the Night Sentinels came across. All of the lore implies that he was always there. There is no lore in the game which implies otherwise.

Attached: American Town.jpg (1200x781, 116K)

>The lore, straight from the developers, states that the DoomSlayer was their king.

No it doesn't. "Wore the crown" can mean ANYTHING.

I'm not going to argue with OP, because he's a human-shaped brick wall, so all I'm going to say is that if his theory is correct that'll be really fucking gay because Doomguy being some "super speshul alien person from another dimension" instead of just a badass average joe who ascended to godhood is the lamest shit ever.

Hopefully he's wrong. He probably is.

"You're making assumptions"
>is also making assumptions

The lore implies shit. He was, at one point in time, the commander of the Night Sentinels. Never is mentioned that he originated from Argent D'nur.

How would you know that :)

The reason why DoomSlayer was imprisoned int he first place was that he was thinning the demon hordes too much so that they couldn't rally together again. The war with D'Nur could not have occured if the DoomSlayer was still active within Hell, meaning that he never would have made contact with the Night Sentinels.

Attached: Burning Clown World.jpg (799x1200, 98K)

When you see "wore the crown" do you actually think he wore a physical crown?

I mean, he could still be an average Joe, just an average alien Joe. There's no indication that the Night Sentinels are any stronger than humans.

How would a mary-sue "average joe who ascended to godhood" not "super speshul".

Yes, but there's more data here to support my theory rather than yours.

Attached: Diet.png (2732x1116, 914K)

Mfw quake champions says doom slayer is just doomguy after traveling space and time to end up in doom 2016

You vastly underestimate the scope involved.
Even if Hell wasn't an infinite plane full of demons, it is more than definitely big enough to be able to host an invasion while simultaneously fighting one man.

Even then, the invasion of argent D'nur required the Betrayer to betray Argent D'nur to hell.

"Wore the crown" means he was the king of the Night Sentienls. We know this, what does it matter?

Attached: MDE.png (960x717, 908K)

What if they are separate but parallel
What if doomguy shows up to help doomslayer or something from the alternate universe

>there's more data here to support my theory rather than yours.
There's at least 20 people here that have more data for the opposing theory than you do.

Because that is the whole point of the protagonist in the DOOM games. He's an average dude that fucking rips and tears demons.

I'm sure you know more about the scenario within Hell than the developer's and the in-game lore.

No. I know as much as the Devs have said. You just seem to ignore them when they say "You theory is wrong"

Then I guess you won't like the protagonist of Doom Eternal.

I've refuted all of their "points" many times. Re-read the thread.

Attached: Life.jpg (1089x712, 129K)

Wore the crown could mean that he led their efforts in the fight against Hell. It does not mean that he was their king for absolute definite. You're saying that you know the lore and have read all the codexs but can't realise that shit was wrote in a romanticised way.

There's only so many ways I can say your theory may be within the realm of possibility but there's more factual evidence to support my theory without getting repetitive.

Attached: Masaccio, trinità.jpg (800x1752, 1.12M)

Doomguy was always meant to be a self-insert for the player. He wasn't given much of a personality in the original games for this reason. Him being just some normal guy who manages to kick demon ass so hard he ends up becoming their personal boogyman is funny. Him being some faggy "ALIEN WARRIOR HERO GUY FROM AN EXTINCT SPECIES" shit is super gay and retarded. It's not a surprise you love it so much.

>I've refuted all of their "points" many times

Saying "you are wrong because my theory and conclusions are right and i'm not going to give evidence to support this statement" is not refuting anything.

There's is no way to misconstrue "wearing the crown" to interpret it in any way other than that the individual in question was their king. This is a Doom game, not an ancient text.

Then actually fucking say some of it, rather than just saying "No, I'm right"

I guess you won't like the new protagonist then.

Yes, but you are providing no futher data for me to refute which has not already been discussed previously in the thread. Therefore, no matter how many (You)s you give me, my opinion on the matter will not change.

Attached: Painting.jpg (750x631, 129K)

>There's is no way to misconstrue "wearing the crown" to interpret it in any way other than that the individual in question was their king.

Please pay attention in English class more. I know third grade is hard but stop eating the glue and listen to the teacher.

Nah, I'll like it just fine since you're obviously wrong and that obviously makes you super insecure and frustrated which is why you keep making these threads :^)

Read the fucking thread man. There's not much more for me to say than I already haven't. If you provide me with a counterpoint, I will refute it. If you don't give me anything to work with what the fuck do you expect.

Attached: Scholar.jpg (1100x1256, 167K)

>Yes, but you are providing no futher data for me to refute which has not already been discussed previously in the thread.

Neither are you. You're just posting "No, I am correct." over and over. You aren't convincing anyone in regards to your theory.

This is a Doom game you dope. I know it's a buzzword but you come off mighty cringy when you say shit like this.

Ok man.

I met Hugo Martin at a bar in Dallas and he says they're the same guy. He also said OP is a huge faggot who would love to die choking on dicks one day.

Show your Work, user.

Attached: 1525586611224.gif (576x471, 15K)

Then I guess you will just have to accept that I know that I am correct on the matter! You may say that I am dense all you want but it obviously will not alter my opinion.

Attached: The Depth Groveller.png (1078x1340, 2.87M)

>This is a Doom game
And?

I'm not gonna re-type a bunch of shit so that you can retort with the same statements already discussed previously. Re-read the thread if you so dearly wish to understand the truth.

So what was the point in this thread?

So far, you only ever made one counterpoint to my arguments, which was "Lol Quake doesn't count", which isn't an argument or a refutation, beyond a refutation for your supposed intellect.

It's a safe bet to assume that the developer intended for "wearing the crown" to be an implication that the DoomSlayer was a powerful member of royalty.

Attached: Silent Loyalties.jpg (800x965, 189K)

Didn’t Hugo alternate between Doomguy and Doom Slayer in the demo he played on stage?

But why do you say it's safe to assume? Please elaborate.

The point is that I am right and you are all (mostly) wrong. No one can provide a valid counterargument so I am settled in my decision that my assessment is correct!

Attached: Wolf.jpg (640x960, 107K)

I also met Marty Stratton at Quakecon and he said he can't believe there are still dumb cocksuckers like OP who don't believe he's the same guy after all the hints they've been throwing out there.

Cool, you going to stop making these threads?

Because it's a doom game. I doubt the developers were going for a deep cerebral story. It's very simple. DoomSlayer was their King. When Hell invaded, he betrayed his people and was later imprisoned. Cue the start of Doom 2016.

Attached: Broad Shoulders.jpg (691x960, 49K)

of course he won't

he'll keep going until doom eternal comes out, he's proven wrong and eventually fires a gun off in his mouth.

I'm not going to post Mount Stupid again, so I'm just going to post a picture of you instead.

Attached: 1521582473780.jpg (226x223, 6K)

What's interesting about the Blood Keep in Doom 64 is that it features an extremely nasty trap that blindsides most first time players.

No I am going to make a new one tomorrow maybe after this one dies.

I met Marty Straton and he sucked my cock.

Attached: dietary habits.png (870x432, 368K)

He's such a sad sack of shit he'll probably kill himself eventually even if he is right.

What's deep and cerebral about romanticising the story of the doomslayer?

Also, WHY THE FUCK WOULD THE KING BETRAY HIS PEOPLE?

But why though? I asked this earlier because there is two possibilities
>Correct: You look like a smug faggot
>Wrong: You look like a retarded faggot

Even if I am wrong I will probably make threads about how the developers are retards or that the nu-lore is incorrect.

Attached: Ragged Claws.jpg (850x400, 51K)

I love how a few hours earlier you posted this in Doom threads that didn't even discuss lore.

The wonders of autistic shitposting.

I think it's worth noting that in Doom 64, he passed through the location that Doom Slayer was trapped in. You could argue that as he wandered around Hell killing, the demons lured him back to the Blood Keep and successfully sprung the trap this time.

Because it enrages people and I think it's fun. Plus if I do turn out to be correct it's going to be really funny.

Because it will surprise the player and make for a neat narrative?

Attached: Looking for a Human.jpg (632x480, 47K)

You genuinely think him being a king of the night sentinels from the start betraying his people is better than him being a righteous marine climbing his way up to being Hell's boogeyman? Right or wrong, this posts shows you are a faggot with no taste.

It's less rage and more pity, I'm afraid.

What does it matter what I think? The lore is the lore, it isn't dependent on my opinions.

Attached: TL.jpg (800x562, 309K)

>Because it will surprise the player and make for a neat narrative?

There's nothing good about that. It makes no sense and is completely retarded.

Huh, imagine that.

>2019
>Doom can't just be doom
>have to force unnecessary time lines and reboots

You literally stated if you are wrong (Which is a possibility you must consider) you'll call he devs retards for it, meaning from the start you hate the idea of them being the same. Genuine question: Why?

I can tell they are very angry.

Attached: Woman on the Beach.jpg (750x606, 148K)

It doesn’t. Especially since the old king of the Sentinels shows up in onebof the Doom Eternal trailers.

Because they'll be doubling-back on the lore they already created.

Funny enough, I think you're completely retarded. Nah man I'm just kidding. Just fooling. You are dumb though.

Attached: Lion.jpg (1296x864, 510K)

Oh, of course.There will always be those who are angered over people being incorrect.

I just feel pity towards the incorrect, and far, far more pity to those who revel in the pit of ignorance, like yourself.

Fuck off, Carmack.

The true kicker here is that I am the only one here who is correct.

Ultimately, they will not be doubling back, for the actual lore in 2016 is vague enough that it can go in any direction.

Comes from slaga, old english term for a butcher/killer

I disagree.

You're a retard. Please go kill yourself.

>472730459
Perhaps, but unless you are of id, then I will doubt it. As is the eternal internet cycle.

>472730554
Then show your work, user.

Actually, I think you're a retard. I'm not going to tell you to kill yourself but I think you should lick the smegma off my pecker.

draw her with a dick

go to bed kid

>472730693

No (You)s, no reply.

>472730787
But you just did, user.

lick my weiner old man

zoomer vs milboomer

your mother already does it

I'm excited for doom eternal :)

my mom licks my weiner? I can already tell you that's false. perhaps the true irony here is that your mother uses my smegma as teeth whitener cream

yes, your mother licks your dick.

You are not allowed to be excited for videogames.

your mommy suckles on my little soldier and uses the foreskin like chewing gum

I would like to apologize for insinuating that your mother performs fellatio on me.

Attached: OP is 3.gif (366x190, 30K)

Are you illiterate or were you seething with so much rage you missed the punchline in the very next sentence?

I thought it was obvious doomslayer was from argent D’nur
Wearing the crown of the night sentinels makes sense anyway

he is likely a shitposter fishing for (you)'s