What the fuck I'm supposed to do in this game?

What the fuck I'm supposed to do in this game?
Why there is no explanation or guide for mechanics?

Attached: terr.jpg (460x215, 61K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=oAMzdMKCUKI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>Why there is no explanation or guide for mechanics?
you are a fucking retard there's literally a character at the spawn named "Guide" you moron

he tells very few things that I figured out on my own anyway

Dont fall for the bait, hes pretending that the game is too complicated.

Just read the manual user.

you mean hundreds and hundreds of pages in Wiki? I'm trying but that's getting old pretty fast

no i mean the manual that comes in the box with your floppy disks user

You move forward until you find shit to do.

that's pretty pathetic attempt to make a joke

Just watch this OP youtube.com/watch?v=oAMzdMKCUKI

Attached: Pokemon - Fire Red Version (U) (V1.1)_1562005780684.png (240x160, 6K)

Learn fishing.

Would you say that joke was a flop?

maybe if your brain wasn't so full of cum you could figure it out

you mean read about fishing

Should I buy this game if I already own Minecraft? It literally has one whole dimension less, yet people are playing it for some reason. Please enlighten me

Attached: Murrica.jpg (479x648, 47K)

Wtf this is pretty funny actually.

it has far more game to it. minecraft is a big empty fuck with frustration as a key game mechanic. terraria is an action adventure game with some base building and totally desttuctible terrain

>Dig
>build house
>kill things
>get killed by critters and satanspawn

Adventure and destruction? Dude, sound like you never had to escape from 3 creepers, a skeleton and enderman before

>why try terraria if you have minecraft
Terraria is much easier to join and host games via steam. Terraria is more of an action game with far more enemies and fun weapons/spells/summons to use. Terraria doesn't have your items run out of durability. Terraria gives you more reason to explore the game world. Terraria is far cheaper and runs really well.

Attached: ter yoyo.jpg (386x291, 32K)

Try escaping from 2 jungle bats 3 hornets and 4 jungle creepers and tons of other enemies that aren't exclusive to the jungle biome

There's a longer treadmill in Terraria with some cool things you can accomplish. Like becoming a gun totting maniac, or a summoner. There's also more decorations, like, a LOT more. Actual tables and chairs, tons of lights, ect. that you don't really have in Minecrap. The problem is the lack of a third dimension. You just sort of slap shit on as a backdrop. There's no truly impressive architecture, just larger and more elaborate pixel art, essentially, on a 2d plane. Yeah you could make a fuckhuge tower but there's no legitimate depth to it like in Minecrap. It's just a skin on the wallpaper.

Combat is pretty bad in both games, honestly. Terraria has more pretty animations and particle effects but just like in MC it just looks fucking retarded when played in an effective manner where you leap and bound in circles kiting a big fucking retard around white you pelt him with bullshit and chug gamefuel to heal. The only point it gets interesting is boss fights but you're still looking at something that has like 2-3 moves max and you're still going to fight it the same way you fight just about everything else in the game, though there are a couple exceptions.

Underground exploration is also more fun with traps and varied enemies, but a limited world means Overworld exploring is pretty dull. There's a couple potentially cool things to find, but it's not like you can keep running to get more. You have to world jump for that, and it gets pretty tedious.

It's a totally different game to Minecraft, and it's not fair to compare them really. But that's the gist of it.

Setting up a minecraft server for you and friends is really easy nowadays, spells and weapon mods instalation is childsplay, durability adds that actual survival feel. No wonder it runs better with one dimension stolen from you. 3D no longer required like in factorio. Also got mc for 10 bucks in very early days. Dirt cheap i'd say?

Just check the wiki dumbass. When you start minecraft you don't know what to do either

Minecraft isn't in any way shape or form close to the hectic shit that happens in Terraria.

how can you make vegetation and grow trees on your base?
I can't plant anything on mud blocks I put

This is very good, just needs better lines
I'm looking forward to your next uploads

You have a very good point, however you can help mc become less of a boring hellhole with mods (and there is literal metric fuckton of them). You can add weapons, mobs, biomes, even whole new dimension like Aether. You cannot the make the world and gameplay your way as easily in Terraria

Tell me about Terraria modding, are there any mods that completely overhaul everything?

Trees only grow on grass, and the only herbs that grow on mud are moonglow and blinkroot. You're going to want planters if you're going to actually grow herbs in base, which is actually worthwhile, considering how good potions are.

terraria is far more advanced than minecraft

>planters
what the fuck are those

>it is because i say so
prove it

That's cool and all but Thorium server where?

There are more than two bosses in the game. There are more weapons, pieces of armor, potions, items, blocks, and general content than minecraft.

>Whorium

This, i wanna play with Yea Forums but i also wanna toot

Attached: toot.png (492x442, 268K)

I mean, there's a mod that's literally called terraria overhaul

>Calameme
have sex

Theyre both shit buzzword spamming retard.

Recommend good Terraria mods right now.

Attached: burglar-wearing-mask-holding-gun-aiming-towards-camera-34956077.jpg (1300x1090, 80K)

>advanced
I hate when people use this type of terminology. It's not more advanced. It has a longer treadmill. This same retarded logic is the one shitters use when talking about LE EPIC MINECRAFT MODS that add 15 fucking tiers of ore after diamond pretending that has any form of depth. Both the games are remarkably simplistic or they never would have gotten popular

>2 bosses
Step up your game and learn to count to 3 and beyond
>itums
They all become vanity items when you get a hold of better equipment.
Also modding in mc. You can have exponentially more armor and weapons with mods

This is fun in a nonfunny way.
Thanks, samefag.

CARLOS!

Attached: eyebrows dog.jpg (600x900, 75K)

Thorium

>oh I will borrow Le mem from ledid
>look guys fight with them
>such a good boy are you have some karma

boy this game sure is fucking tedious
forums were better than the game itself

thats what makes it fun

What fucking bosses are there in minecraft besides the wither and the ender dragon?
>they all become vanity
wrong. Accessories alone is a more in depth item system than minecraft
>mods
we arent talking about mods you ape. we're strictly talking about vanilla of both games. any game can be completely different when mods come into play. you asked for the difference between terraria and minecraft, not modded versions. Don't move the fucking goalposts.

Terraria server setup is even easier to do and even easier to join, so point for Terraria. No need to pay money every month, or read a guide on port forwarding, in Terraria you can just join off of your friends list in steam.

Getting mods in minecraft can lead to all sorts of balance problems whereas Terraria has a ton of magic, pets, mounts, weapons, special items, armor and so forth to play around with that is intended and meant to be used in the game. Plus you can take your stuff from game to game, whereas in Minecraft your modded shit is not going with you to someone else's game unless they also use those mods, right? Besides Terraria has mods too.

Durability does add that survival feel. So does a hunger meter. Minecraft is more of a survival game imo. Enemies like creepers and endermen and such that add on to that. Terraria is more of an action game. Minecraft is what I'd recommend if you want more of a survival feel.

>Also got mc for 10 bucks
Good for you, this is about recommending games to others, so that doesn't change the fact that MC is more expensive for people in general now.

thorium, calamity, magic storage, etc

if you don't like hundreds of hours making long ass projects, you will not like this complex game

Count in new underwater ones and pillager raids.
And I never said vanilla only. You just assumed these goalposts should be there. I like the flexibility mc gives me that terraria doesnt.

What underwater bosses are there? Pillagers are just retextured skeletons tuned to a shitty horde mode.

>Who /modded/ here?

Playing with Thorium/Calamity/Fargo's/Magic Storage/Even More Modifiers and doing a Masochist + Revengance run.

Attached: 20190802190634_1.jpg (1920x1016, 362K)

Terraria also has mods you fucking retard, and 2D means that they usually have way more content than minecraft, which is flooded by autism simulators anyways.

rate my base lads

Attached: Capture 2019-08-02 21_55_47.png (2560x3712, 1.11M)

"yet people are playing it for some reason. Please enlighten me"
>hundreds of more items
>insanely high replay value
>great building system with tons of vanity items and wallpapers
>fun NPCs to interact with/trade with
>several different weapon classes
>actually challenging bosses and enemies
>hardmode and expert mode

Attached: 1561868217767.jpg (260x273, 61K)

>6.9/10
messy aesthetic

I'm bad at variety. I literally use the same building style in every one of my builds. I go for function over form but I try to make something different for each world.

Attached: Capture 2018-10-07 10_31_49.png (1312x1920, 796K)

Again, didnt say it have no mods, you just have some options. You are the delusional retard here. Go get some sleep. You are starting to see things that arent really there

light to decent 11

Attached: melon.jpg (460x306, 22K)

what is that room on the top for

yikes

Attached: 1280px-Guardian.png (1280x1049, 190K)

That's my attic. I'm farming for crates so I can open them all during hardmode. So far I have 272 crates. The attic can hold 300.

If you can't figure it out you are fucking retarded OP

>Terraria
>Bad combat
1-800-come-on-now

more items, different weapon classes, far harder difficulties, class specific emblems,
class specific armors, set bonuses, actually difficult bosses (lunatic cultist, moon lord, fishron, etc) boss arenas, gold and income system, and corruption/crimson management

Sure, terraria is still easier to set up, but in mc, going from all that fukaru with hamachi to todays standarts is a big upgrade in mc imo. Glad to have one person giving quality answers instead of throwing shit as always

that build is a little better, 7/10. i struggle with variety too so im not gonna hammer down on you that hard, but you can always experiment with base builds if you use the cheat sheet mod to give you any item (and building material)

Git gud

6/10
>Too many solid color backgrounds
>Rooms are glorified commie blocks
>Lack of creative decorations
The general idea looks fine, though. Here, have this. It has ab unch of cool ideas for sprucing up housing and making good use of your allotted space.

Attached: 1480510134679.jpg (1200x3887, 3.79M)

Yeah combat in terraria is pretty solid and fun IMHO. Hard mode forces the player to be creative to not die to everything.

I mean, expert mode

When are these devs going to make a new game?

Jesus Christ is there anything you CANT build in this game?

You guys should try QOL mods like Ammobox+ and Assorted Crazy Things. They were made by our fellow autists at /terraria general/.

Anything in z axis

>ACT
>good
stupid gamer

I'm not talking about the dumb slime waifu stuff. The mod has plenty of other cool little items, like a boss in the ungeon, accessories, equips, and even some recipes to cut down on tedium for finding items.

what about my village, I tried my best to fit it all in one pic that looks somewhat acceptable

neat, I'll keep that pic somewhere and probably forget to reuse it

Attached: 20190803043908_1.jpg (4368x1372, 982K)

>terraria thread
>enter
>see screens of cool creations
>makes me want to play again
>remember I cant build anything but commie blocks
You really need to be a pixel artist to truly enjoy this game to the fullest.

Buy em from the dryad

Anyone have that screencap of the autist with 3000 characters that runs 30 games at once and roleplays with himself?

It gets old fast, and calamity's ridiculous dmg scaling doesn't help. The final's boss nothin personnel tier lines were funny though

Minecraft is focused chiefly on construction and has a lot more depth in that regard. Three dimensions and a decent block variety mean a lot more than two dimensions, even when Terraria technically has more "stuff" to build with.
Likewise, a lot of minecraft's "progression" is framed mostly as resource collection, and then putting those resources to use.
The progression from wood tools to diamond tools, plus armor.
Gathering bookshelves and obsidian to enchant with.
Farming blazes to make potions and eyes of ender.
Killing the ender dragon to get at end cities, allowing access to elytra and further building materials.

Conversely, Terraria is focused chiefly on combat. No matter how much you mod minecraft, combat will always be built upon its pillars of laggy, indistinct hitboxes, poor animation, and wonky cooldowns. Terraria was built from the ground up to be more inherently satisfying. It also has less buggy movement, both modded and vanilla.
Therefore, just like minecraft, much of its "progression" is framed mostly by what you can kill, what you do kill, and where the gear this stuff earns you allows you to go.
The progression from basic tools to a little mining, to grabbing your first unique items from some chests in surface caves.
Then you start killing bosses like the Eye of Cthulu, which gives you your first taste of the good shit. Fun loot, basically.
You kill more bosses, go to hell, kill the boss down there, go back to the surface, learn to navigate the even harder monsters up there.
You destroy some demon altars, gather the materials they spread, and make yourself gear to kill some of the closer to endgame bosses with.

They're not closely comparable experiences, despite both being building games.

Attached: 1433993571536.png (1364x1988, 833K)

Guys, thorium or calamity for first modded playthrough?

I forget which one is boss autism but calamity sounds like that, so Thorium.

Minecraft is lego with no real content or game mechanics beyond building cool buildings.
Terraria ditches that and focuses more on item progression, boss fights, exploration and combat. It's not similar at all to Minecraft.

No, it slotted in well

Man, you just need to take your time to build stuff. Take it slow and enjoy adding little details to your buildings. It Doesn't need to be a masterpiece. You can view some videos on YT to get some basic ideas to create cool things

calamity is only playable as a standalone, does not mesh with other content mods well at all because of how strong the mods powercreep is. Thorium is the /vg/ approved mod, I personally like it more as well, use unsaucies battle rod's too

Calamity is a powertrip mod, so it goes okay with other mods if you don't mind ignoring all the content the mods added because Calamity content is universally stronger and easier to get.

But Calamity is also getting so bloated it's starting to run into problems. Like game-breaking technical issues that may prevent you from playing. It's also full of stuff you'd have dreamed up as a young teen.

I'll be honest, I couldn't get into this game because I couldn't figure out what I was supposed to be doing besides not dying to zombies. I say this as a DF veteran.

Attached: Windows and roofs.png (1344x1472, 732K)

game definetely doesn't really get into a flow until you beat eater of worlds. The slowest part is definetely grinding up to gold armor & weapons then fighting eye of chtulhu. My favorite way to speed past this part is to go into the dungeon and find a waterbolt in the area above the dungeon guardian (sometimes bumrushing works too if it isn't found high up enough), lets you go from like iron straight to demonite, and it chews through the bosses up until wall of flesh.

I like it. However, one thing I think you could do to make it better is to use 2 blocks for walls. It makes them look nice and thick, instead of sinewy.

Attached: Co house.jpg (1936x1056, 319K)

Calamity has some rad music and some god awful lore, but it really encompases "holy shit now this is modding". I'd recommend it as a first try. Dont read the lore.

Some would argue that Minecraft has better building because of the Z-axis, but I'd argue that Terraria's buildings are far more impressive visually.

Attached: Castle in the Clouds S.jpg (2996x1264, 1.91M)

there's something about double block walls that makes me dislike them but I can't put my finger on what it is
that's a very nice house though

Literally, LITERALLY, just incorporate slopes into your designs. That immediately improves your building.

give me a good looking base thats also efficient for boss/invasion flow

I made this exact same thread back when I first started playing. I eventually just said fuck it and gave up because I couldn’t build fucking anything without getting gang-raped by slimes and dying every 30 seconds.

Thanks. I like to do impressive buildings in the early game, and then I just speedrun to Plantera every time because I don't want the corruption to eat my world alive. I almost never do anything once Wall of Flesh is defeated, so I end up using a lot of wood, which is kinda boring, especially double thick.

I've spent 16 hours on this character. 3 hours from the beginning to beating Skeletron, 13 hours building.

Attached: E0CKS[1].png (1920x1040, 491K)

>I don't want the corruption to eat my world alive

at this point i just quarantine the corruption using a world editor
its cheating yeah, but when it fucking literally breaks the game and NEEDED biomes fuck that

You're not supposed to build early on. Once you get your first gun, that's when you settle down and build, since you can easily dispatch any mob that comes by.

Attached: E0COI[1].png (828x693, 178K)

The spread slows after you defeat Plantera, so it's not that big of a deal. It takes like 3 hours to get from WoF to beating Planty, if you're good, at least. You can cheese out the mech bosses, even on expert, by dynamite spamming the Destroyer, using his souls to make the Mega Shark, and then using crystal bullets on the Twins and Skeletron Prime. Faster than getting a Daedalus Stormbow.

jojo weeb cringe

These are only like 1/4th of my characters that I still have saved. I lost so many from 1.0.3 and up.

Attached: E0CR7[1].png (607x667, 98K)

Attached: E0CXJ[1].png (366x510, 82K)

>Why there is no explanation or guide for mechanics?

Man, I dont even know what to say for this one

Attached: Done.gif (295x221, 554K)

Do you need different work benches to craft shit or it's just visual ?

If only there were tooltips or an npc called "The Guide"

Attached: 1526632406304.gif (480x360, 1.92M)

>no bed

A sofa works just fine.

i want to start a run but i know 1.4 is gonna drop soon and I've have to start over

If you talk to the guide and ask him how to craft things, he'll tell you what crafting station it requires. Work benches are all interchangeable, but you need some rare crafting stations for things like meat blocks or skeleton blocks.

It's not dropping for 2 months at least.

Copper plating is god tier for bases, but you should really consider painting it too

>472706225
If even a tripfag as retarded as Marielx thinks you're retarded, you've done something retarded.

collect block, over and over
it's honestly for autistic people, not in a disrespectful way.
i've tried to get into it 10+ times and i can't ignore how skinner-box esque it is, it's not much of a game.

same with arpgs like path of exile. same fucking thing nonstop, barely anything going on.

fpbp

>tfw no update

Attached: 1520191078255.jpg (600x600, 28K)

use wikipedia and the guide. All you really need, just like minecraft.

The only time I've ever compared Minecraft to Terraria was how torches, i.e. light, don't stop enemies from spawning. The two games are completely, fundamentally different.

And dear fucking god, I think the spawn rate is way too high at times. Fucking bats wouldn't leave me alone to smooth out my cave.

That's not even how it works. Enemy spawns are based on background walls and NPC proximity, unless they changed something light doesn't impact it at all.