What am in for my first playthrough? Recommended mods that don't really change the vanilla game?

What am in for my first playthrough? Recommended mods that don't really change the vanilla game?

Attached: morrowind.0.jpg (1200x800, 187K)

Other urls found in this thread:

nexusmods.com/morrowind/mods/19510
nexusmods.com/morrowind/mods/45096
en.uesp.net/wiki/Morrowind:Plugins
mw.modhistory.com/download-98-6521
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

You only need the code patch for general fixes and MGE XE in order to play in 1920X1080 and a few other minor graphic options.

Alternatively you can just use OpenMW.

Attached: 1564701764838.jpg (400x400, 11K)

>[you are paralyzed]

An hour of aggravation the rest of the time wishing there was something that could hurt you.
If you get it get the DLCs. They add a more aggressive Oblivion style scaling and that helps a great deal. There is still the HP bloat but you should be OP enough that it isn't that big a deal.

Oh and testing a theory
Nostalgia

Any recommended mods?

You start out as a weak piece of garbage that can't hit anything, then suddenly, you're a god that couldn't die if you tried.

is it just me or have we been getting a lot of morrowind threads recently all asking the same question

am I going crazy

Attached: 1562362613285.gif (360x360, 1.5M)

I remember a mod which reorganizes the notebook so that you can select information based on the quest, instead of having to sort through it based on most recent entry

Oh and use the delay Dark Brotherhood Attack mod if you get the DLC too. Trust me on this one.

This, you'll get attacked by an NPC that has an armor set that blows anything in the base game out of the water.

>What am in for my first playthrough?
A great time I hope. I'm of the opinion that the less you know the better because a large part of the joy of playing Morrowind is discovering everything for yourself. That extends to both the world and the game systems, so try not to get spoiled too much.
>Recommended mods that don't really change the vanilla game?
Morrowind Code Patch (fixes engine bugs) and the Morrowind Patch for Purists (fixes content bugs).

Code patch: nexusmods.com/morrowind/mods/19510
Patch for purists: nexusmods.com/morrowind/mods/45096

Note that you don't need the Tribunal Dark Brotherhood attack delay or Solstheim rumor fix if you have Patch for Purists, as it includes them.

Attached: Vivec.jpg (3840x2160, 1.46M)

Don't just try to "win", but explore and try to have "fun"

That's not a mod, that's vanilla. It was added in Tribunal a few months after the original game released. Xbox never got it for some reason even with its GOTY edition though.

Morrobots program has a glitch.

This has been occurring for several months now. Morrowind threads were honestly very rare until Dagoth posting and Dagothwave started to revitalize them.

Attached: 1532975451699.png (604x438, 242K)

a reminder of what exploration meant before fast travel and quest markers

What's the best mod guide these days? Last one I used was from a Pastebin in the /tesg/ site, but that one was too overly complicated and is 3 years out of date at this point.

Understand that this is a game that uses a chance to hit system unlike it's latest installments. Don't be a big brain and drop the game the moment you don't "hit" anything when you attack.

Remember to polish your spear

Attached: 1561654707617 80267-1541114709-1458595569.jpg (793x787, 141K)

>put off leveling endurance because I thought the hp bonus would affect previous levels.
>now I'm level 23 with only 139 health
Am I screwed?

Attached: Morrowind 2019-08-03 11.03.50.083.png (1422x800, 1.38M)

The same thing?

In addition to the other suggestions ITT, don't forget to grab the free DLC Bethesda released way back when. If you got it on GOG then you already have them, but if you got it somewhere else then you need to download them separately.
en.uesp.net/wiki/Morrowind:Plugins

Attached: Firemoth Island.jpg (1600x1200, 432K)

Here's some tips that might not be obvious at first but help a lot:
>Double click anywhere on the local map to place a note. It can have any description you want and you can place as many notes as you want. If you place it in a cell that also appears on the wider world map, the note's description will appear there too.

>Press F1 to open up the quick keys menu where you can assign items or spells to the 10 hotkeys. Useful for switching between your main weapons and spells or quickly drinking your favorite potions without having to open the menu.

>The top right of each main window has a button that can be pressed to pin it so that it stays open during gameplay. You can also drag and resize windows. Useful if you want a larger minimap or to see your stats at all times to track buffs and debuffs better. I like to keep my spell list open to the side and use the next/previous spell hotkeys (can be set in the game options) to select spells instead of having to pause and click each time I want to change spells.

>You can hide or show windows from the main pause menu by clicking the corresponding area of the HUD: health/fatigue/magic bar for your stat sheet, weapon icon for your inventory, spell icon for the magic menu, or minimap for the map.

>The journal doesn't just log quest updates: it logs literally everything an NPC has ever said to you. The topic browser is useful and can be navigated alphabetically by topic or through the hyperlinks in the journal. Sometimes more information or better directions for your quests are included in the appropriate topics than are found in the quest updates themselves. It's useful for many other things too. For example, every NPC that provides fast travel by boat, teleporation, or silt strider has a "destination" topic where they tell you everywhere they connect to, so you can build a travel encyclopedia to help you plan your routes better as in pic related.

Attached: destination.png (1280x960, 1.3M)

mw.modhistory.com/download-98-6521

Just dont get hit

It's because Joel starting streaming it.

yeah noobs don't check the journal, it's literally wikipedia for your playthrough

also if direcitons seem vague, it's because the world just doesn't have that much in it. Most of the time if you just spitball a direction you'll hit the target, the game is essentially just a series of canyons with one option for the first 3rd of it

It's NOT just nostalgia I'll have you know that I played it for the first time today and was absolutely blown away by the staggering disease count. Way more diseases than Skyrim had. It even has blight diseases which are like a whole new category of diseases.

I'm really enjoying the main quest , I like how it doesn't go straight to "you're the chosen one, now go beat the bad guy" like the other games do.
Funny how spending all this time just talking to people and reading the books they suggest is ten times more interesting then the big action scenes of oblivion and skyrim.

>Am I screwed?
That's a fine number for your level. It's true that you can't get those potential early health gains back (without console commands or mods anyway) but unless you're playing with the difficulty slider maxed you're not about to get 1 shot by anything. Maybe some guys in Bloodmoon could but you'll be ready for them by level 30.

It's because I went back to try Daggerfall again and my character got killed by poison, and I can't get cured fast enough so my save is screwed.

Oh shit that was you in the last Daggerfall thread wasn't it? I've spent a lot of time today to help one dude try to enjoy old TES games. Well Morrowind's a superb game but you should still continue that at some point. Just keep a backup of your saves next time since Daggerfall has a few situations where you can be screwed without realizing it immediately.

One thing I forgot to mention is that the temples of Stendarr and Mara also let you buy potions, but they require you to be rank 2 instead of offering it right after you join. So if you did happen to be a member of one of them and already ranked up that is an option to get your hands on a potion too.

Attached: Azura.png (1600x1200, 93K)

I have no sympathy for self inflicted wounds.
You play Daggerfall you face the consequences.

Anyone know of any male face mods for Morrowind that don't replace vanilla ones?
I'll go back to it soon since I play multiple games at the same time usually. I'll probably just have to use a console command in DF Unity to fix it.

Westley's Pluginless Head Replacer is pretty much my standard now. Doesn't cover Khajiit or Argonians though.

Every face mod I know of is a replacer of some kind but you could look into new race mods if you want more looks available to you without changing NPCs. Maybe a good mod that adds new faces to all the races is out there though, I just never looked for one.

>recently started Oblivion
>decide not to fast travel
>walk or ride horse everywhere

So far so good, kinda wish I had levitation. I've also noticed the world is not as explorable as in Morrowind and there's no juicy loot visible in stores either. I always loved that about Morrowind how there's just ultra expensive magic swords in store inventory ready to be stolen once you have leveled up in thief skills or found other clever ways to get free shit.

>no juicy loot visible in stores either.
Yeah, they sort of caught the "no fun allowed" bug when designing certain parts of Oblivion. One consequence of that which carried over into Skyrim is to put most merchants' stocks into chests that are literally floating underneath the ground instead of anywhere in the game world. It's a shame because the radiant AI and improved stsalth mechanics add so much to thief gameplay, but in the end Morrowind was the most fun for me to play a thief in thanks to all the stuff that can potentially be stolen. I love those high-risk high-reward heists like getting into that supply chest by their feet or breaking into the great house vaults.
OOO brought back a lot of that so you could have the best of both worlds. Wouldn't recommend it for a first time playthrough of Oblivion for how much it changes but once you're bored of the game it's a great way to inject new life into it.

Take your time and make a character you can really get invested in. Morrowind isn’t a blockbuster film, you need to take your time with it. Enjoy how fleshed out all the factions and towns are, go explore everything. Cause unlike oblivion and Skyrim, your choices can actually fuck you out of a lot of stuff in the game.

I've seen some screenshots that make Morrowind look amazing, what mods would that be? I remember Rhedd's Heads was good back in the day. And A Nice Place To Stay was a good house mod.

The main thing is MGE XE which lets you extend the view distance massively and add shaders and dynamic shadows. The difference that alone makes even with the vanilla models and textures is massive.

As for actual asset replacers the most popular thing is MGSO dating all the way back to 2011 but still used since it's one of the few noob friendly all-in-one modpacks out there. So if I had to guess that's probably behind the screenshots you saw, even though it's not recommended these days.

You don't need to be autistic about level ups, but it's always a nice thing to do. Landing solid 5s for two attributes and luck is the best level ups. Endurance is a good one to level early. Pick up that spear boy.

>just started playing yesterday
>joined house hlaalu because why not
>read their lore

uhhhh

can i quit (((house hlaalu))) and join redoran instead or am i fucked?

you just need OpenMW

Game is fun, has a deep, well established alien world and offers a large amount of freedom to the player. It's a must play game.
Pacing is really slow, combat is annoying- especially in the beginning.

Once a Hlaalu, always a Hlaalu.
You can get expelled from it but even that isn't enough to be accepted into the rival houses.

They have the best stronghold anyway if you stick with it, you get to construct a comfy riverside manor just south of Balmora.

Attached: 1552096924008.jpg (2025x709, 2.32M)

Tes3MP?