Masterpiece or meme?

Masterpiece or meme?

Attached: 1564774892906.jpg (640x360, 50K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=KRRGYEFZF4A
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

both

both
Memeful masterpiece
Masterpiece in memes

masterpiece but only with mods

I’ve been considering buying this, is it similar to DS in the sense that you’re just a lone unimportant guy in a vast world filled with shit that’ll punish you if you fuck up?

Attached: 32DEC8BA-7DF8-48AD-86FE-740E82E69528.jpg (1919x1079, 306K)

Fallout for hipsters

A genuinely baffling achievement that is one of the best frameworks for a modding community I've ever seen.
The base game is good and excels in atmosphere and visuals. Modded it becomes something utterly unique and magical.
That's a big part of what makes it special, I liked DS because it reminded me of the STALKER experience
In a way STALKER is a FPS-RPG hybrid.

Attached: 1564616298291.png (1024x768, 927K)

yes, especially in CoP since its less linear with its story.

>you’re just a lone unimportant guy in a vast world filled with shit that’ll punish you if you fuck up?
Pretty much, yes

youtube.com/watch?v=KRRGYEFZF4A

Attached: campfire.jpg (640x400, 69K)

It's a great game and an even better nu-Yea Forums repellent.

Is Stalker really a RPG ? Feels more like skill based than stats based, even the RP part is not that deep, and the game forces you to act like an opportunist merc, sure you have some choices, but, they don't really change that much.
STALKER feels more like a real open world sandbox than a RPG.

Playing it now it would seem to have lost its edge. The shooting can feel lacklustre and the hybrid rpg mechanics aren't nearly as novel. But definitely after a couple of mods, the environment and the mood of the game is really good.

Masterpiece. To this day no other game managed to capture the same feel

FPS with RPG elements that have mostly to do with survival rather than combat itself.

That's why I say it's a sort of hybrid. Progression is tied to your equipment--artifacts as a whole add a layer of customization that do change how you play. Armor is simple but the option of the exoskeleton works carry weight and speed into the equation. The gun progression from area to area is really masterfully done too as you gain access to more accurate long-range weapons and different ammo types.
Agreed on the RP part of it, it's not that deep.

Kinda, its only punishing if you play it like call of duty

It's called an RPG because you can do quests, it has a inventory system, relations, reputation etc

fpbp
Sort of yeah.

The campfires are always cozy as fuck

Attached: 1533595749951.jpg (250x180, 4K)

/thread

No, stalker's quicksave-based game loop removes any difficulty

Mechanics don't invalidate base difficulty. By the exact same logic all difficulty in souls games is completely null because of the summoning mechanic.

Nah, a lot of encounters in the game are hard even if you abuse quicksaves

Summoning does remove a large part of the game's difficulty, yes.

"no"

what a fucking shit thread

Nah a shit thread would be about 90 percent of the threads we encounter in this place we call hell. Just look at the boomer poster, now gamer.

ANU CHEEKI BREKKI IV DAMKE

Attached: CHEEKI BREEKI.jpg (900x900, 63K)

>gamer
Mods filter this shit in a day but have sex and dilate get to stay?

>"no"
He's not wrong. Clear sky's ending was fucking brutal, god forbid quicksaving often and getting stuck in an infinite unavoidable death vortex.
Same can happen in multiple areas really, hell random bloodsucker attacks in the middle of nowhere in the night will kill you long before you even think to save.

somewhere inbetween. overrated massively by Yea Forums, but still pretty good.

see case in point

>this memespeak good
>that one bad
Shut the fuck up hypocrite.

>STALKER shit in a STALKER thread
?

It's impossible to deny that quicksave abuse makes you essentially immortal, just like pause menu healing completely breaks games like BotW, Dragon's Dogma, and Prey.
But if you have the restraint to only quicksave outside of combat situations, the game holds up quite well.

Both are bad brainlet

A flawed masterpiece

Yup, I mean at least dilate to me is funny, but have sex is annoying. Because maybe sex isnt what its cracked up to be. I mean god damnit i want passionate sex with my partner, maybe not even that. Cuddling god damnit is what everyone should do.

Then why'd you use it genius?

priviet

It’s unironically shit. Glad I pirated it instead of falling for the meme and paying

>still no new info on stalker 2
We're gonna get monkey pawed hard.

Attached: xrEngine 2019-06-27 00-35-53-24.jpg (2560x1440, 1.52M)

It's going to be a MMO.

0/10 reading comprehension

no man, it's cringe and played out. This is a shit thread

Eh whatever. I want a complete gunslinger mod more than I want a sequel.

BASED

Attached: seva.png (454x434, 10K)

Both, one of my favorite series though

>472708481
Look at this faggot, no (you) for you

it's a gem with flaws, but it's no accident people speak of it so fondly. it's a pitch perfect mix of slightly foreign feeling eurojank shit that makes it feel ever so slightly otherworldly and really intensely cultured atmosphere. modding fixes enough of the flaws that you end up with an almost perfect experience
what does cheeki breeki iv damke actually mean. to this day i have no fucking idea

Gunslinger is literally just a weapons pack with some additional animations

it means "fuck niggers"

I guess the deal is that you expected me to immediately realize that you were a random dude that decided to reply to a post containing a filtered word to complain about it rather than the one who originally posted it replying to himself to complain about it.
Well I didn't, it's 4 am here please understand.

Nothing this janky is a masterpiece.

A very cool weapons pack with very cool animations.

Why even bother replying. We got a good videogames thread going here man

Anomaly is shit

Be patient, bratan.
People thought Shadow of Chernobyl was vaporware until it came out.

it's not going to be worth half the hype, it only has like a couple more guns than vanilla and some of the sounds and models are shit, it might be cool ported on some CoCk derivative but other than that it just looks like an overhyped project
>muh jank
Cope for faggots

Should I play this vanilla or add a few mods?

Attached: 1526429981910.jpg (599x450, 59K)

Use only ZRP mod for a first playthrough.

I just want Anomaly without the fucking needless item bloat.
>hurr you want 3 qualities of each ammo for the 2-3 types of round for each cartridge
>here's a bunch of redundant shit that clutters up trader menus for every food/drink/drug/etc
>here's a bunch of useless junk items that don't even make you any money

What he said.

who here /COMPLETE/ mod gang?
>nooooo you're not supposed to play with mods on the first playthrough!!!11
Cope, why would I play the bug-ridden piece of shit that is vanilla?
>muh makes the game too easy!!!! not haerdcore enough
Uhhh, if your standard of "too easy" is a game that isn't completely broken with retarded AI that instakills you across the map and stealth being completely broken then ok.
Complete is the best vanilla experience, change my mind you won't.

Sick bait, my dude.

>you won't
Don't think anyone wants to do that at all, you just keep being you and leaving posts like this one so that people will be driven away from that shit.

I cannot change your mind when it is full of worms bratan

based, can't say the same for muh hardcore retards gatekeeping the game from newcomers. The game is honestly a shit, but Complete fixes it to at least a somewhat serviceable experience. If anything after playing CoP halfway through after getting stuck it made me get Metro, which is a much cooler and more cinematic experience

Somewhere in the middle. Not a masterpiece due to being a bit rough around the edges but certainly not a meme.

Install complete man.

Enjoy it. Take it slow and learn its nuances and you'll have as great time. What STALKER lacks in AAA polish it makes up for in just about every other area.

>complete
Stop

Attached: 1563062903361.png (1062x942, 301K)

>uhhhh yeah I enjoy playing a broken unfinished game
>posts epic brainlet wojak
It's ok man. You don't need to pretend to like the broken base game to enjoy what it can offer

How is lifestyle in Belarus, Russia and Ukraine?

Attached: 1564728436730.jpg (1360x2048, 673K)

yeah, this.

Eurojank meme with cringe fans

There are dozens of mods that are far better than the day nursery school that is complete
But if you actually like complete, let alone recommend to other people, you're hopeless

Whats up with those "misery" mods?
Stalkers should be rolling in artifacts and cool gadgets, all the discoveries are making revolutions on the outside world.

>people still reply to Complete bait posts

an icy hell

How do the other two compare?

For some reason the modders think stalkers go into the zone to trade a sack of AKs for a loaf of bread and pay out their life savings to repair a paper bag armor after getting hit once.
No idea why this caught on but it sure as fuck was not the original vision.

Attached: back to Sidorovich.jpg (531x419, 75K)