What happened to writing in video games?

What happened to writing in video games?

Attached: 56553534351.jpg (1250x1510, 391K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=oAMzdMKCUKI
youtube.com/watch?v=8xPiha83KNY
youtube.com/watch?v=Rj5FTPD_Dpc
twitter.com/AnonBabble

most banter in media feels sanitized because they cant use words like retard.

or nigger

>Ready for this, nigger?
>More ready than you are, nigger.
>Zip it, nigger.
>Make me, nigger.
ye, that really improved the banter

Not that I'm defending the bottom but let's not pretend Legacy of Kain wasn't a special case.

Did you really need to make a fucking Raziel wojack? Is nothing sacred to you?

>Nerd shit for faggots who think they have nordic heritage or something
>based for based based baseds who are based

lmfao

That image has been around for a while though, OP didn't make it.

I will now buy your game

That fucking sucks.

That would actually be hilarious if it was a one time thing in an otherwise non-racist game
Casual racism is it's own type of humor

Wait, are their names really Kenneth and Arthur?

GTAV Lamar?

Western society imploding

All the talent going elsewhere usually to smaller projects or other media

>tfw no lower jaw

Attached: Death would be a release, next to this travesty.jpg (382x274, 64K)

Top image is some serious 17 year-old fedoracore writing. Not sure I could play a game like that without investing in some fingerless gloves first.

lol the same woman who wrote the top image wrote the Naughty Dog games Yea Forums hates so much.

Attached: amy-hennig[1].jpg (770x433, 32K)

How so?

Okay, and?

Didn't she write Uncharted 1 & 2? I thought they were generally seen as alright around here.

Top text is bloated which works for that kind of game

I'll take 20 copies, please.

Attached: 1564271381396.jpg (567x417, 30K)

Lack of direction or material to work with maybe?

All Uncharted games are shit but yeah she's responsible for the writing of the first two games.

They're mostly criticized for the gameplay.

its definitel more humorous

They had to cut 30,000 n bombs out of the game because the actors for Franklin and Lamar couldn't stop saying it.

The writing is actually pretty good for action schlock.

Back when the first example was used you could not show so you had to tell.
Now that you can show not tell it is far less important to do info dumps to set the tone.

>argh hatred torment no other feelings centuries of anger so numb and dark my thirst for vengeance cruelty of fate, etc.

Video game writing is not and will never be good.

i would buy any game no matter the price if it had this shit

Attached: 1549153665384.jpg (355x410, 11K)

Attached: 1543275239583.png (725x684, 392K)

>Top image
Shakesperean monologue, deals with themes like existentialism and destiny
>bottom image
Dumb teen american high school speak

Conclusion: Americanisation ruins everything

Amy Hennig is based. She left Naughty Dog cause she couldn't get along with that faggot Neil Druckmann and his constant agenda pushing, hates "muh grafix", and publicly said she has not experienced sexism in her career.

Both games are American

I want the original writers. The actual OGs.

Attached: MV5BN2I1YzBiMWEtOGQ5OC00YWU2LWI2NjktZjA2ZmYyMTI0NGViXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMjcyNzc1NTg@._V1_.jpg (480x464, 92K)

based

>writing in video games?
read a book

>american teenagers talk like american teenagers
so you're saying it's well written?

haha

Ten times funnier than the OP pic.

Most of the people nowadays, specially young people, have AAD, and are not capable of reading more than 2 lines. That is what happens. No need for good writing, just gameplay

Attached: when-you-get-murdered-but-you-already-dead-inside-boredpanda-com-8598367.png (500x555, 151K)

I said "Americanisation". I don't mind Americans making games but they do this thing nowadays where every character has to sound like an obnoxious millenial from California, say "fuck" a lot and have cringe jokes. Like Ellie from Last of Us. Or the boy from nu-GoW. God, I hated his low IQ interventions and his stupid American voice. Completely ruined immersion for me

It used to be stellar compared to what it is now

Attached: 2019-08-03_02h17_21.png (1719x879, 2.08M)

lol
i bet that would make the game sold better

Bit ironic she got ousted by Druckmann considering his constant strong female agenda pushing.

Spiderman thread?

Attached: i see your shit thread op.png (560x400, 82K)

>Americanisation
It's spelled with a 'z', retard. It's a voiced consonant.

It used to be good, very good...

Wojack edits were a thing before it got conjoined to frogposting.

Attached: That feely feel.jpg (571x515, 35K)

Both spellings are correct, go back to school, brainlet.

That's the fundamental problem with Americanised dialogs. Americans have no witty banter, except for blacks, but you can't use that because muh racism, so everyone sounds like a homeschooled basement dweller having his first go at talking to someone outside his house.

fuck books and fuck you, atavistic copping-out twit. We've had videogames for half a century, so is a good writer so much to ask for?

Anon1:
— I think writing in $video_game is pretty good.
Anon2:
— Writing in video games is a joke, it will never compare to true literary masterpieces, such as those which can be found in the printed form.

Later, anon1:
— Guys, I think video game writing has been deteriorating and I want this trend not merely stopped but reverted. And while I realize that most likely no game ever had truly ground-breaking writing, this does not mean games in the future shouldn't have a chance to have good writing.
Anon2:
— Don't be ridiculous, just go read a book.

Attached: 1422108380559.gif (400x225, 954K)

It was cancer in 2011, too.

No they aren't, Brits literally don't know what letters mean and can't spell their own language.

Why are they deadnaming each other?

now it's a must have

Attached: 1562428494806.gif (420x315, 1.99M)

wet gaem

People like Druckmann are more than happy to destroy those they try to put on a pedestal when disagreed with by those people.

Got any more of these? I've only got a few but they're just perfect.

Attached: 1395110560075.jpg (544x400, 81K)

It sure does when you take in account they are nazi killing rebels. If they were also, secretely, racists, it would be at least edgy enough to make it hypocritically funny in-universe.

BJ tries his best to raise them as open-minded, accepting people and they end up hating black people anyways.

Daemonica

I hope you're just joking.

>why is the writing dark and florid in my Gothic vampire game?
I mean, yeah, if it were in a more grounded game it would feel out of place but considering the setting and story it fits. Otherwise it would be

>awh shit nigga, mofuggen Kain goddamn ripped my wings off and shit and threw me down to suffer for an eternity? Imma hunt down that bitch nigga and fuck him up real bad, nawhatimean?

It cuts both ways.

>he thinks the racism is just fun and games

reminds me of pic related

Attached: 1562922852996.jpg (1276x3200, 3.86M)

I don't think you should buy shit games because of one joke.

Attached: D51HaqIW0AYrZO6.jpg (686x843, 63K)

this is actually good

Fuck you nigger.

Attached: 1563892376880.png (981x1004, 733K)

(((The Patriots)))
youtube.com/watch?v=oAMzdMKCUKI

Attached: Pokemon - Fire Red Version (U) (V1.1)_1562003934568.png (240x160, 6K)

Its what happens when you let the liberals and sjws take over western games, instead of hiring actual writers they hire some dumb nigger bitch or other minority or female to fill up their diversity quota and free virtue points showing how wonderful and progressive they are.

What is she working on nowadays?

The fuck happened to retard? Do you get shot in the US for saying? An American started working at my office and suddenly all these complaints were being made about us saying retard.

unironically east > west

Attached: buddy.jpg (743x2730, 610K)

No clue. Even in a PC sense (IE using retard as a synonym for slow) is looked down upon.

Nobody on Yea Forums hates Amy, you fucking retard.

I need to replay Soul Reaver

Attached: 435345.png (541x398, 398K)

I remember that one melodic ~niggaa

youtube.com/watch?v=8xPiha83KNY

>Top was written by a woman
>Bottom was written by a tranny
HMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

Attached: Witcher 3 Tranny quest.png (1322x406, 123K)

It's like complaining why Revenge of The Nerds doesn't have the same writing as Lolita.

Attached: 1559546663587.png (503x540, 77K)

That image is like comparing apples and oranges, Soul Reaver's main selling point was the plot and setting, while Wolfenstein's is killing nazis in gruesome ways.

Attached: 1519270296376.gif (192x169, 1.14M)

Depends on whether you believe nuWolfenstein was meant to be taken seriously.

Even for a mindless FPS the writing is pretty trash.

I played the game and I can safely say it wasn't meant to be taken seriously.
Unlike The New Colossus which had a weird mix of toilet humor and drama wondering if you were supposed to take it serious, Youngblood just goes straight into comedy

Absolutely peak Yea Forums performance.

Attached: 1514421644381.jpg (2400x2282, 3.06M)

I agree but it's beside the point, i didn't play the latest wolfenstein but new order had okay writing. It does make you wonder who looked at the writing of colossus and said roll with it.

because before mostly DnD nerds did it
now it's everyone else

Attached: over the line.jpg (166x231, 8K)

Wonderful

And what the fuck is going on here?

Was that written by a child?

Didn't they kick her out after Uncharted 3?

Well, she was working on that third person Star Wars game that EA was making before they cancelled it.
She implied it was because it was only a singleplayer game and there wasn't anyway for them to force microtransactions in it.

Fuck all that shit. Neither one has anything to do with gameplay.

Attached: zelda-attract-mode.png (887x768, 220K)

What was Kain's fucking problem?
>My son got wings and that ain't cool, he has to learn whos boss, better cast him into a vortex

They got rid of her because she didn't agree with Druckmann's agenda.

how the fuck do i make dos work? i just want to play blood omen 1 and i dont get it

Hmm. I don't think I have ever seen an uncharted hate thread around here. We don't like movie games but there is nothing special about uncharted thay we hate on top of it. Well besides the we wuz in the later games

It was all predetermined. Otherwise Raziel wouldn't follow his predestined path, i.e. being ressurected by Elder God and chasing Kain through half of Nosgoth. The same reason why Kain just didn't outright tell him - Raziel must have had a motivation to pursue his former master, but along the path he learns much more about his past and other things and starts to question himself just as Kain intended. It's the typical story of the hero's journey

Transracial representation is always good.

Attached: 1523994961697.jpg (329x436, 26K)

You ever see that video of antifa kids calling a black cop a nigger?
It's like that. Equal rights and tolerance for women/minorities/etc. but ONLY if they agree 100% with my radical agenda.

youtube.com/watch?v=Rj5FTPD_Dpc

It'd fit perfectly in an Army of Two spin-off based on Boyz in the Hood.

commedy gold

Attached: ai oh shit.jpg (572x720, 31K)

>Old times
Qui?

Attached: 1525193356293.gif (250x250, 847K)

Reminds me of Francis E. Dec

Nobody hates her games. The hate the games made by the faggot jew who replaced her

I believe it's short for "this is an outdated concept, please remove it because I don't like it."

the main character can tell something casual like "what a fucking nigger" to complain about another character while they are on a bridge.

it is
as fun as any other topic in any circumstance

This

Did they deliberately design the left girl to look like Sue Lightning?

Some games just have better writing than others. IMO.

Attached: Untitled.png (966x429, 407K)

It actually did improve the banter.

It is because actual racism no longer exists in civilized countries. It's only sensible that it moves on into the realm of jokes and exaggerations for the sake of humor.

No bad but the repetition loses the point of banter.
>Ready for this, nigger?
>More ready than you are, faggot.
>Zip it, aids whore.
>Make me, cunt.
Variety ups the banter level

Did Tarantino write this?

No, it would have "African American" instead.

this is painful

left sounds boring as fuck honestly, even in this bait pic.
the plot was never SM's strong point

You're right, it did improve it.

Then why are they spending so much time on cutscenes and dialogue? They clearly want you to be entertained by their shitty writing.

use dosbox. theres plenty of guides on yt on how to do a basic game setup.

It's shitty writing but don't nobody gets into those kinds of games expecting stellar writing. New order also had okay writing, but it went downhill fast, like it wasn't the same people doing it

You are an idiot if you think any dialogue written with a bit of depth is 'Shakespearean'.