Crusader King II

Which succession law should I choose?

Attached: ck2_27.png (1600x900, 2.64M)

apparently gavelkind is for true chads but I can never get it to work without constantly fighting a million civil wars every time someone dies

Based tier:
Elective Gavelkind
Gavelkind

Virgin cringe tier:
Seniority
Primogeniture

Based retard tier:
Elective Monarchy

Tanistry

Tanistry > Primogeniture > Seniority > Ultimogeniture > Elective Monarchy > Gavelkinda

I've had good results with tanistry, since you're allowed to nominate somebody yourself, but only because the titles won't be distributed and split but all be inherited by someone else of your dynasty.
Downside is tho that you'll likely get some old rotten dudes or literal imbeciles, since CK2 KI seems to be programmed to look for the lowest available douche to elect if your vassals don't like you.

Should I play on Iron man? I'm still not good at the game but I feel like the game would be more fun that way.

Cheating doesn't allow learning.

tanistry is godlike if you're a small lord.

Quick rundown on the gavelkind strategy?

>Based retard tier:
>Elective Monarchy

Found the brainlet. Elective Monarchy is literally 400IQ tier because you get to PICK your well-bred, genius and strong trait heirs.

>Implying you shouldn't hold onto most of electoral titles so your vassals don't get an actual say while you pretend they have one

Elective Monarchy is based and eugenicpilled choice

I'm not outright cheat tho, just save scumming when shit happen.

>elective
>pick my desired desirwd heir
>lose because half of my vassals want to vote for some frail chaste bastard from bumfuck for a reason I can't figure out

>He isn't keeping vassals in line

Laughing at your life mate

THIS GAME IS TOO FUCKING HARD FOR ME AHHHHHHHHHHH I JUST WANT TO ENJOY IT BUT I'M A SUB 100 IQ BRAINLET. it looks very fun when i watch let's plays on youtube but when i install the game to play myself it's FUCKING IMPOSSIBLE

Attached: 1564671211959.jpg (768x513, 133K)

Gavelkind is kinda shit but it's a good expansion-limiter if you're really really good at the game and want reasons to roleplay (brothers/cousins getting given land on succession etc).

Elective Monarchy is a good early one to go for, then work towards getting Primogeniture. Tanistry is good too and Seniority is Ok sometimes as well.

>get primogeniture
>be stuck with a inbred retard oldest heir

stonks.jpg

nah thats where you kill off your shit heirs and make sure your oldest one is your best, keeping second oldest alive just in case.

Elective monarchy is baby mode for vidya journos and toddlers
Might as well watch a let's play at that point lmao

>kill off your shit heirs
Did you even play the game nigger

>vassals want a weal liege
Gee, I wonder why

yeah.
if you're not always plotting to kill someone you're doing it wrong, my dude.
you should ALWAYS be trying to kill someone in CK2.

>kill your own children
Have you no heart?

Attached: Iván_el_Terrible_y_su_hijo,_por_Iliá_Repin.jpg (2023x1589, 2.29M)

dumbass, my list is ranked in terms of how high your iq must be to effectively play with said succession laws. Kill yourself.

Paradox is a terrible company with awful games. The only difficulty with these games is not knowing how to play them. Once you figure that out (no thanks to their universally garbage tutorials) you will win every single time. The only delaying factor being underhanded, abstract gameplay mechanics that one-sidedly disadvantage the player (mana, infamy, belligerence, etc.) until you finally stop playing them out of either boredom or frustration.

There's no reason to choose anything besides Tanistry, Primogeniture or Ultimogeniture

CK2 seems much more complicated than it really is. All you have to do is read a single paragraph of text at most on how a given mechanic works and then you'll know exactly how to abuse it. CK2 is full of mechanics that allow you to cheese the game.

You can't plot to kill your own children for gameplay balance purposes. What you can do is make them commanders and throw them into battles where they'll probably get killed, but you can't actually plot their assassinations conventionally.

damn is that the "noice" guy

>What you can do is make them commanders and throw them into battles where they'll probably get killed
exactly
or you can just make them join the church and they cant be heirs anymore.

Speaking of church, when the fuck is Catholicism going to actually be fixed in CK2? The entire point of the game is to be a Crusader King, but playing as one is boring as all fuck compared to Pagans or Muslims.

It's just swimming lessons.