I finished Deserts of Kharak and now I have RTS itch, what to play?

I finished Deserts of Kharak and now I have RTS itch, what to play?
>coh
I've burned out on coh
>mobas
not interested

Attached: homeworld deserts of kharak (1).webm (1138x640, 2.7M)

Homeworld remastered.
I bought it and barely played it but now I want to. It is comfy as fuck.

Total war (sorta rts)
Supreme commander
Command and conquer
Halo wars if you some casual shit
Sins of a solar empire is rts if i remember
Empire earth

ashes of the singularity if you liked deserts of kharak

Glad you could make it, user.

Attached: rsinf0is5gs01.jpg (185x185, 7K)

starcraft2

men of war series

the first game, soldiers was great. Then faces of war turned me off it forever, briefly played MoW1 and it seemed poor

Outlive

MoW1 singleplayer campaign is alright, assault squad 1 and 2 feel like it's an MP game at base and they just slapped a campaign on it because they had nothing else to do, almost forgot, i do also recommend theater of war and graviteam ( graviteam is more simulation than most RTS )

Play Zero-K

Total Annihilations: Kingdoms

Grey goo was pretty decent, also contains some of my favorite aethstetics for a 'futuristic' human society in a video game.

Attached: human_trident.jpg (580x420, 79K)

shut your whore mouth

This
also
>Total Annihilation
>C&C 1
>Warcraft 2
>Starcraft
>Red Alert 2
>C&C Generals
Also look up the RTS flowchart and try what interests you.

warcraft 3, starcraft and c&c3 are literally the only rts games you'll ever need to play

Wargame

Attached: 1453894737005.webm (1920x1080, 1.92M)

halo wars for the PC plays like ass, it's so fucking clunky to play

>start up match against ai
>start building a comfy base
>Get overwhelmed
What are some comfy slow rts games that let me turtle?

I've been playing DoW: Soulstorm with Ultimate Apocalypse. It's breddy gud.

Attached: 13234521547535.jpg (1741x1006, 435K)

I loved grey goo. I played on the ladder pretty heavily. Goo was a fascinating faction. Starting a match by hiding your main base and creeping around the map draining resources while dodging enemy scouts was great. I also liked the QWERTY hotkey system where everything was based on thise keys and context. Very easy to keep a high apm and control your troops.

Its a shame it didnt have a beta and things like artillery ignoring all armor made it into the game and it was quite awhile to the first big patch.

literally only Brood War.

Starcraft 1 has an infinite skill ceiling and is the peak perfection of RTS, no game has come close to match it in terms of skill and strategy. Don't even @ me because you can't prove me wrong.

Warcraft 3 is pretty good

Aside from the most unbalanced games, most of them have viable turtle strats.

If you want to build a pretty base in what ever order you want, play minecraft. RTS is about strategy. To turtle you need vision and regenerative advantage above all else.

DOW3 is great. Don't let anyone tell you otherwise.

>Supreme commander
Supreme commanderSupreme commander

I wish there was a way to import the Airland Battle maps into Red Dragon.

I don't know what kind of black magic those devs did but goddamn does that game run well on toasters.

>Don't even @ me because you can't prove me wrong.
I literally can, though. Any RTS can be Starcraft. All the advanced tech in Starcraft that raised the skill ceiling are glitches and strategies found by Koreans that put 10 billion hours into the game. There is nothing intentionally built into Starcraft that makes it special. An RTS by any other name could have gotten just as popular and you'd be parroting the same garbage about it like a drone.

Furthermore, e-sports faggotry is cancer and RTS games should be about good campaigns, not multiplayer, and the campaign in Starcraft is absolute trash. The multiplayer experience should be something unique to have fun with friends, not something fine-tailored to be some kind of shitty competitive 'sport' for retarded zoomers too autistic to go outside and participate in nigger collision.

Attached: 1564526564716.gif (184x191, 1.67M)

Sins of a Solar Empire might be one of if not my favorite RTS of all time.
Watching your fleet jump to phase space simultaneously and then arriving in the enemy system as one giant armada with your Titan at its rear is fucking GOAT

>All the advanced tech in Starcraft that raised the skill ceiling are glitches and strategies found by Koreans that put 10 billion hours into the game. There is nothing

So what? What does it matter? Why do people always say this kind of shit when it comes to competitive games. The devs intentions are meaningless

>RTS games should be about good campaigns, not multiplayer

Imagine unironically believing this

Attached: 1492233845435.jpg (480x360, 22K)

Tech skill is not a bad thing. Having good multiplayer in RTS is perfectly fine, and it doesn't have to just be fucking around with friends. And honestly, I love RTS games, but the campaigns have never hugely appealed to me.
The problem is that outside of how fast you're seeing the cursor move, tech skill in Starcraft is not that visually impressive, and it isn't incredibly satisfying to pull off.
So I'd agree that Starcraft isn't the game OP should be playing, but the rest of your argument is pretty flawed

>RTS games should be about good campaigns, not multiplayer

Attached: froglet.png (700x692, 97K)

total annihilation, the best rts ever

Not him, but I agree.

Where does this weird notion come from that RTS games are not only competitively viable but also fun to watch?

RTS is literally for esports. Single player is an afterthought.

Do you think these people who insist on there being no micro or tech skill will ever realize that maybe the genre isnt for them? They want a game where they can just turtle or focus on building and not have to engage in hard unit micro and positioning. How long does it take for a person to realize nothing about the genre aligns with their preferences?

99.9% of all RTS players do it for the campaign. That number would be 100% if StarCraft didn't run so easily on Korean internet cafe machines.

Why would I play RTS over 4x for multiplayer? What does real-time actually, realistically bring to the table?

>RTS is literally for esports. Single player is an afterthought.
Its literally the opposite. I don't know how you can believe this and be over the age of 18.

>be playing a 4 way against 3 AI(no frens who like strategy:( )
>turtles long enough, second in fleet power
>about to stage a quick jaunt into weakest guys territory to nab a planet or two
>strongest guy decides to attack the fully levelled Terran I control in the middle of the map
>bigmistakebucko.ogg
>gets half his fleet wiped by the defenders before they’re destroyed
>turn my deathstack around and proceed to watch as my fleet beelines for his capital and takes it
>scorched earth the rest of his territory
Man this games so kino when you put on some good music and watch the battles happen. Unfortunately the victories are a little dampened because the AI is kinda dumb. That guy spent the whole game bombing that one Terran with his entire fleet as his territory burned, he never even took it because it’s health was so high.

Attached: Planetary_Annihilation_cover.jpg (269x371, 62K)

>i have one data point that is starcraft

I think there's a certain satisfaction in creating a giant fucking blob of units, upgrading out your entire tech tree, and creating every super weapon you can to throw it at the other guy who's been spending the last 20 minutes doing the same thing. My old roommate and I did that shit all the time and it was fun as hell.
But I get your point, RTSs shouldn't be dumber down so that the situation I previously described is the norm.

>So what? What does it matter?
It means starcraft isn't a good game. You'd be playing Dune 2 right now if Koreans picked that up instead.

Who are these people? The community is always based around multiplayer. Always.

Based PAbro
>holding off enemy forces on their capital after you landed a shorty constructor on their home planet and started building a ragnarok in a shitty FOB
>firing the Death Star on a planet that’s flying straight at you
Good game. Shame the sequel never got kickstarted.

>Do you think these people who insist on there being no micro or tech skill will ever realize that maybe the genre isnt for them
There isn't a single RTS intentionally designed around this.

>It means starcraft isn't a good game.

Why?

Lord of the rings battle for the middle Earth 2

>The community
shut up retard

Attached: big think.png (240x240, 107K)

The AI is definitely fucking stupid, yeah.
But goddamn the MODS for this fucking game.
It's simultaneously a fantastic space game that is an original IP, but because of the mods it's also the best Star Trek and Star Wars RTS I've ever played.
Star Trek Armada III especially is some amazing shit. Because of how dated the CGI is from the TNG/DS9/VOY era, the game looks unbelievably accurate to the show.

Nah.
Multiplayer was always a thing, sure, but RTSes didn't start being ABOUT Multiplayer until Blizzard caught wind of the Starcraft scene.
Starcraft 2 exists expressly because they couldn't properly monetize StarCraft 1 for e-sports

Airland Battle's aesthetic is so superior to Red Dragon
Nordic suburbs > brown asian grasslands

>never ever

Attached: image.jpg (620x465, 321K)

>that halo mod where they’ve made the UNSC ships so ungodly inferior to the covies as they should be
Makes the game a bitch to win but man, when you do win, you fucking feel like you’ve won.

Oh no, user is retarded.

So what? Obviously multiplayer was the most exciting evolution of the genre. Not even just esports look at cncnreplays. Whats so fun about stomping the AI that youd want games to drop multiplayer focus over it

>supporting dumb kikes who scammed its userbase with a half-assed product
I'm glad their kickstarter failed, fuck them.

You can't answer the question without sounding like a pathetic midwit. 4x is a billion times better for multiplayer STRATEGY than RTS. Tell me about how skillful and 1337 your 'micro' is, zoomer faggot.

Attached: 1479670433079.jpg (552x510, 249K)

Instead why dont you tell us why micro positioning is valueless in terms of strategy

It’s not that bad, the standalone isn’t at least. It’s always fun to create massive maps, throw 8 AI into the field and watch the solar system slowly explode around you as they do their thing.
But the original game was real bare-bones. I’m thankful I didn’t kickstart it and got it for like £10 in a steam sale.

>tell us why micro positioning is valueless in terms of strategy
Strategy literally means macro-planning. That is the literal definition of strategy. Your e-sports faggotry has completely undermined the whole genre. Do you understand?

You're talking about PA:Titans, e.g. the full priced "expansion" that's essentially just a patch that fixed all the things that should've been fixed in the "original".
I sure love having to buy the game twice just to have something functional. The poor sods that backed the kickstarter must be real salty about it, I sure would - but I "only" had to fork out 30 euro's for that heaping pile of shit.

>muh strategy
You have the exact same parameters playing out in 4x as you have in RTS, you've just removed the micro-factor.
So objectively, 4x is more casual.

>he didn’t wait until it was on sale
It’s a good game, but yeah definitely not worth its full price.

No, resource management alone completely dwarfs any and all complexity presented in RTS. You clearly have no idea what you are talking about.

>it's a good game
You're talking of PA:Titans, I assume.

So explain why thats absent because of the presence if micromanagement. Dont just say it. Actually explain.

Of course, I’m pretty lenient when it comes to calling a strategy game bad but even I think that’s a rip off.

>resource management

Lol. And it exists in rts except you actually have to balance your intake and output in real time alongside managing and army and your macro production. I know its too much for you and thats why its not strategy but try not to spew so much shit

With respect user, you'll notice I was talking about how PA:Titans was the "patch" that would've fixed the "original", but was sold as a stand-alone, e.g. a new purchase.

>resource management alone completely dwarfs any and all complexity presented in RTS
How delusional could you possibly be? Or a better question, what experience do you even have with RTS?

>So explain why thats absent because of the presence if micromanagement.
Its literally the opposite of micro-management. When I play a STRATEGY game I want to feel like I'm running a military campaign. Tactics are very different from strategy. Don't pretend like the focus of games like starcraft isn't the micro.

Yeah I’m pretty damn tired sorry. At the end of the day, good game or not, selling titans as a separate game instead of a free update a la no man’s sky is a scummy fucking move.
Why is good sci-fi strategy so hard to come by :(

>Don't pretend like the focus of games like starcraft isn't the micro.
Are you kidding? Its also an incredibly macro intensive game

>When I play a STRATEGY game I want to feel like I'm running a military campaign
Lots of RTS games have a campaign though :^)

>Tactics are very different from strategy
Do elaborate, I feel like we need to get these definitions down before we proceed.

>Don't pretend like the focus of games like starcraft isn't the micro.
It's funny you bring that up when Starcraft 2 moved away from the micro-heavy aspect that was found in its predecessor (which was due to the limitations of the time), so the focus is less on micro and more on macro - which shows at the top level where the players have very little to do.

How did Titans 'fix' the game anyway? Didn't it just add some big boys?

Essentially, yeah.
It made it possible to actually break planet-fortifications which was the major game-breaker since you often ended up in a situation where it was impossible to break a player.

But I stuck with the "original", so I wouldn't know if it actually fixed it, I sure as fuck ain't gonna invest further in that scam.
>inb4 lmao didn't play the game
I played the original, which had glaring flaws, like aforementioned.

It added a load of units and rebalanced and fixed a load of shit IIRC.
It’s also the one being currently patched, the old game is completely abandoned.

Oh right I forgot how they also stopped supporting the original.
Another checkmark on my rage-list. Fucking retarded devs.

almost any RTS will let you do this, you just need to be familiar with the mechanics so you aren't a complete noob that's bound to get his shit packed in. a great game for this is warcraft 3 though; aside from being aesthetic as fuck and having multiple difficulty modes for the AI, it's incredibly easy to just wall off with towers and let the AI kill itself.

Planetary anihilation titans

AI is limited. A tardbrain is able to do something so stupid it can throw off a good player. While a good player against an AI will always have a similar experience against it.

>total annihilation
holy shit my peewee´s

Dawn of War 1
Dawn of War 2
1 if you want more large scale and base building and 2 if you want more small scale
Dow1 get dark crusade for the game play and soulstorm for the mod

That feel when youngfags will be always 100% certain that RA3 invented having water bases.

Attached: 1410580441557.jpg (425x960, 44K)

played them both to death, also played all c&c games

World in Conflict

Attached: world-in-conflict,-tanks,-statue-of-liberty,-explosion,-military-helicopters,-soldiers-258077.jpg (2560x1440, 619K)

What the fuck is this shit opinion holy shiy

did you do ultimate apocalypse?

I was enjoying Planetary Annihilation Titans as a gimmick game. I don't recommend buying it for more than the cheapest sale price though.

Not that homeworld remastered absolutely gutted some of what made homeworld amazing.

what's the difference between the remastered and non remastered then?

>lets remake supreme commander but with 1/5th the units
no wonder this game died

Basically gearbox, one of the shit test developers to grace pc gaming, ported all the assets over to homeworld 2 engine and called it a day.

The Homeworld 2 engine is extremely simplified compared to Homeworld. In Homeworld, all bullets and ships were physical objects that would get hurt when crossing the path of a projectile. When you set ships to formations or tactics, it would change their behavior that would affect how much they're hit or how much time they have to shoot at someone. It was very physical.

In Homeworld 2, it's more like dice rolls and rpg shit. Feels very floaty watching the battles.

they get the d-gun

Attached: Core_Commander[1].gif (280x265, 19K)

Men of War

Attached: Kharak is burning.png (1799x1386, 271K)

Oh, and the remastered audio and art lacks some detail. Think of that Jesus painting the half blind woman ruined.

New Close Combat coming out, wait for that if you want something "new".

RTT != RTS

>xhe expects me to read something written by a cartoon enthusiast weeb

Attached: giga chad (2).jpg (1242x1394, 156K)

But multiple people in here were recommending war game and dawn of war 2. Why did you pick me to yell at.

Attached: 1356842911033.jpg (251x231, 44K)

I didn't yell at you. WiC is a great game. Shame we'll never get a sequel.

Attached: Bannon.png (140x140, 43K)

Does the Complex mod fix any of this?

No idea. I have no need of mods when I can play the originals just fine.

Tell me more about the vietnam war

try dow: dark crusade
warcraft 3
maybe red alert 3 if you are into SC2

Sins of a Solar Empire 2 when?