I don't get the devs for this. How hard is it to put all the Pokemon in? Are they just lazy?

I don't get the devs for this. How hard is it to put all the Pokemon in? Are they just lazy?

Attached: 1539254074134.png (590x350, 583K)

Other urls found in this thread:

reddit.com/r/pokemon/comments/cgh8fy/long_post_warning_an_actual_technical_analysis_of/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

People are going to buy it anyway, so going low effort safes energy.

Imagine buying pokemon during death stranding mass success

Attached: hacker.jpg (800x450, 57K)

They're not lazy, just incompetent and in a stranglehold by TPC to release games yearly

Anyone who says GameDevs are lazy does not understand how game development works.

Nobody is being lazy - game designers and stakeholders make these decisions before they ever reach the artists, animators and coders. Having every Pokemon would cost more time and money to develop, potentially requiring other cuts to game content the team found unacceptable.

For all you know, they might all be ready to go and they had to remove some so they weren't required to manufacture higher memory game cards.

Orly

>shilling Kojimashit
we all know pokemon is gonna suck but that doesn't mean your crappy game won't too.

Ah yes

The space between two lines

The best strategy

Anyway, game freak can't dev.

There are literally 100 reasons why they wouldn't have every Pokemon.
Greed might be most of them. But laziness? No.

Noice bro you really paid attention to that random reply

>Anyone who says GameDevs are lazy does not understand how game development works.
They literally diminished the game's graphic fidelity because they think people are going to exclusively play on the handheld.
When pic-related exists it's hard to not see it that way.
And before anyone says it
>"But you were just going to play it on the handheld anyway"
That is NOT an excuse for them to cut corners.

Attached: GUEST_d181e30f-31bf-46d4-a78f-99a6f0832fe3.jpg (1400x1400, 130K)

Its not "cutting corners" to reduce fidelity, that would take MORE DEV TIME.

Y'all are IDIOTS.

>Pokemon games
>Introduces unique mechanics every gen
>Only to remove them two gens later
It really says a lot when ORAS didn't have a battle frontier, while a game released over a decade beforehand did. The fact that they're cutting half the roster from the new game really leaves a sour taste in my mouth, especially when the entire point of going 3D was to make the transfer process easier.

Game devs don't make those decisions. Suits do. Japanese suits in particular have no interest in what they're making, only that it makes money.

I know for a fact your wrong. Gamefreak is notorious for shit code. They nearly cancelled gen 2 due to being unable to make Johto. Iwata fixes that shit in a week. Sun and Moon had shit tons of unused walking models and high definition models for future proofing and it slowed down the game

Why not hire more people and/or delay the game so that it actually looks good? This is technically the first pokemon game on console in the mainline series, yet their grand debut onto stronger hardware than the 3DS is to apparently copy-paste the same shitty animations from SUMO while cutting half the roster.

Wow bro...thats so true and deep

because most people are not Yea Forums would be very, very upset over a last-minute delay taking the game past holiday season just so they can improve something 99% of their audience does not give a flying fuck about

Your argument is... they had lots of nice models they didn't end up using and that means they're lazy? Because they already did the work?
What the fuck are you talking about?

Because its the flagship game that is going to push Switch Lite sales? Because its a console that will be out before Christmas, which drives huge sales in primary countries like the USA? Because the game has to play nicely on that console to sell well? Why the fuck would they delay the game or the console just because 10% of players *demand* every Pokemon be in it?

People are upset regardless, so what's the point? I'd rather wait an extra year for better animations and the national dex than get the game this year without either of those things.
>Why the fuck would they delay the game or the console just because 10% of players *demand* every Pokemon be in it?
Because the game itself looks like shit in spite of being only marginally better looking than SuMo and their excuse of "we cut pokemon to make the graphics look good" only makes the already subpar graphics look worse by comparison.

If we're not getting good graphics to make up for it, then what's the point?

>give every pokemon futureproofed models that nearly tank the first system they use for 3d
>”prease understand adding more Pokémon is too diffcur”
They are post lazy and incompetent. Someone post the dozen rirries.

It has to look good on the Switch Lite because that is the system it is intended to be played on. That is the point.

Imagine converting hundreds of pokemon to 3D to make it easier to port at the cost of running like ass, just to have to redo the models anyways while cutting half the roster to save on dev time.

Game Freak truly are special.

Have you ever made a video game?

Nigga, the point is that the switch as a whole is stronger than the 3DS, yet they apparently had to cut corners for shit that doesn't even work, just to give us less content than we had on the original system.

Imagine wasting hours of time converting all your models to 3D, just to end up scraping the models anyways because you apparently were too incompetent to make sure they were compatible with the new system.

>keeps using the phrase 'cut corners' when the point is you don't know what technological, financial or other impediments were involved

You're trying to force this "devs are lazy" narrative, but it never makes sense. So much decision making isn't their fault. If you think 150 people are being collectively lazy, you just don't get it.

Your wittle feelings aren't interchangeable with the harsh realities of running a business.

Dude, game freak cuts as many features as it adds and that has been a thing since as early as gen 3. they were always lazy fuckers, it's just that now they cut the one feature that people gave a shit about and all I have to say is, another harsh reality of business is that if you don't offer something I want, I'm not going to buy your shit.

Let them rot from their poor decisions and maybe they'll learn from it and make a better game in the year or two it'll take for them to rerelease SwSh on consoles.

I hate to link Reddit but this post explains the situation fairly well.

reddit.com/r/pokemon/comments/cgh8fy/long_post_warning_an_actual_technical_analysis_of/

Basically the process of getting all of the assets ready and polished is nowhere near as straight-forward as it appears. Whilst they'll use the same fundamental source geometry and animation rigs, they need to convert a model to a new system, and then redo the textures.
Textures are not simply that flat colors either, this includes various texture maps for ambience, specular highlights, emissions, or environments.
Textures also have to be tailored to the game's visual design and lighting engine, so what worked in Let's Go will need to be reworked for Sword/Shield.

Where on the 3DS they could port models from one game to the next with less complication, moving from the 3DS to the Switch is a whole new implementation. Niantic would have also faced this challenge when bringing the Pokémon models to Pokémon Go, and likely still do as they roll out new Pokémon by generation every half year or so.

To be concise, the workload represented here is like porting a game to another platform. The assets are there but you need to change them or even redo to make them work on a different platform.

Simple

There will be a third game that will be the definitive edition. Game freak has always done that

I mean, I thought they came up with walking animations for every Pokémon during sun/moon even though there was no walking feature. I assumed it was to use in future games. It wouldn’t be the first time they reused assets. A bunch of black/white sprites were just sprites from past games given little idle animations.

GF is astonishingly incompetent and lazy in every regard

It's not about saving money.

It's about making that extra money with the National Dex DLC.

Either that or they'll rerelease both games as like they did with SuMo or give us a direct sequel like in B2/W2.

why would they not package the game with it, or even a download code? I am a diehard pokemon fan who's gonna buy sword even after the pokedex bullshit, but even I'm not stupid enough to buy a pokemon themed console that doesnt come with pokemon

It's probably more than 1% who cares about the cuts.
Maybe like 5%.
The controversy has simply grown too big for it to be such a small percentage.

To paraphrase Mark Twain,
>”Pokemon games are like water; those of the great geniuses, in this case “Death Stranding”, are wine. (Fortunately) everybody drinks water.”

This is the defense mechanism all drones use.
>Why care, everyone else is going to buy it anyways
and then when the game comes out and bombs, they will be the first ones to say "I don't understand the hate" like the sheep that they are.

at this rate people should just create lotsa different romhacks with dedicated time invested.

??? Huh?
Just buy the console and buy the pokemon game? Why would anyone ever complain about this? It literally just gives you more options.

>and then when the game comes out and bombs

Attached: 1501258497526.png (1920x1080, 2.4M)

It's to force the players to buy every game in a gen to get them all transferred in.
SW/SH, the DP Remakes, and the SW/SH third version will more than likely hold all the pokemon for the gen. Then next gen the cycle starts over again.
I think that GF wanted to go mobile this gen but the Switch being a success fucked them.

I already have a switch though, and as stupid as it sounds if it was all in one package I think I could convince myself to do it, but seperately I just can't convince myself its worth it and'll probably just get the game.

That'd be pretty bizarre considering GF doesnt develop the mobile games, plus with how shitty they are at optimizing their games they couldnt even make an app run

I'm sure people thought Fallout 76 was going to be a success too before it went to live beta.

Don't forget Anthem

well no, you see, they had to rebuild all the futureproofed pokemon models they had made at XY, because they weren't futureproofed enough to work on the switch, so they rebuilt them and they all look exactly the same, but that's super hard work so they can't finish all the models AND the high quality animations that go with them

Both of those were aimed at core game players who pay just a small amount of attention to whats going on. Pokemon not so much.

I really wouldn't have minded cut pokemon if that were the only problem, but that's the cherry on top of all the other cut content and cut corners that Gamefreak's been amassing over the years since they went 3D

Normalfags, the people playing the mobile pokemon games, will never buy a main line pokemon game. It's beyond pointless and retarded for them to cater to them so much, when they're just alienating old fans and causing a rift between fans.
The game will sell okay for a Pokemon game, but it will not meet expectations. I'm guessing it will end up selling LGPE numbers maybe even less.

>Implying
If Bioware and Bethesda drones woke up long enough to smell the bullshit, what chance does GF have at avoiding the same fate? You also act as if piracy and buying used isn't an option either.

You clearly don't know anything about GameFreak.

Actually, Creatures does the models, not GF. It doesn't even matter though, they should have trimmed corners in other areas if that was the case and they ran out of time, the Pokemon themselves are the key section of Pokemon as a series. It could look like PS1 game and I wouldn't give a fuck, core Pokemon's never been cutting edge in graphics.

It'll sell min. 15 million, don't kid yourself. The collective amount of people who care is maybe 200,000 at most. Parents of little kids and loyalists who buy both versions will jack it up in the same way LGPE (which many thought was a spinoff) got 10 million despite cutting far more than this did.