Say something nice about this game

say something nice about this game.

Attached: Cc3tw-win-cover.jpg (220x311, 30K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=yO2fIFecyHs
youtube.com/watch?v=1i9t2rbTf-g
youtube.com/watch?v=j77gwvA2bQU
youtube.com/watch?v=eODItHK7wbM
youtube.com/watch?v=-OXAnh0ItZI
youtube.com/watch?v=KJgql2dXAiI
ifdb.fanedit.org/dune-the-alternative-edition-redux/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Better than CnC1 and RA1.
Actually pretty good and didn't rape lore.
CnC4 is the bad one.

Was really fun

RA2 was the only good RA.

I saw it in my brothers shelf when I was younger and thought it looked like a cool game, I never saw him play it though.

3 is okay aside from forced co-op in SP, where you are always paired up with AI when playing solo.
It also made water maps actually fun and viable.

had fun with it and expansion
sub faction groups is good idea

Pretty fun. Scratches that classic RTS itch you can get when you don't feel like going into turboautismo mm

It was an above average RTS that served a good foundation for Kanes Wrath. Tiberium essence is also a fun mod to play with the boys on cncnet

wanna get into this series, where should i start?

Good game, objectively worst iteration of the mammoth tank. Also the epic units in kanes wrath are lame besides the Redeemer are lame

Breddy good for a modern C&C and RTS. Expansion introduced a lot of neat stuff.

i have a private lan setup on a vps if anyone wants to do some multiplayer.

I like the Menu
youtube.com/watch?v=yO2fIFecyHs

It was okay, but not a true successor to Tiberian Sun.

I thought it was really cool how the Scrin campaign was secret that they actually managed to keep until release.
Nobody knew they had one and even on launch you only could play GDI or NOD, you had to beat both to unlock Scrin which was cool reveal.

RA2 and Tiberian Sun. Move onto this and kanes wrath.

I like it, it's fun and plays like C&C should. Played MP quite a bit with friends too.

if you care about the story than start with c&c1 if you want good gameplay start with red alert 2 and generals/zero hour if you want mods

WE FIGHT FOR NOD
WE FIGHT FOR NOD
WE FIGHT FOR NOD
WE FIGHT FOR NOD
WE FIGHT FOR NOD
WE FIGHT FOR NOD
WE FIGHT FOR NOD

Liked the aesthetic and was a pretty fun RTS overall. Shame the series is dead now.

WE GOT THE ROCKETS
WE GOT THE ROCKETS
WE GOT THE ROCKETS
WE GOT THE ROCKETS
WE GOT THE ROCKETS WE GOT THE ROCKETS
WE GOT THE ROCKETS WE GOT THE ROCKETS WE GOT THE ROCKETS WE GOT THE ROCKETS WE GOT THE ROCKETS

You can wait for the upcoming remakes of CnC1 and Red Alert 1 (bundled in one package), or just read summary of their story on Wiki and start with Tiberian Sun (aka CnC2).
After Tiberian Sun you do the Firestorm expansion, then CnC3 then Kane's Wrath expansion and then pretend the series was never wrapped up and that CnC4 doesn't exist.
That's as far as the "main" timeline goes.

Next to TibSun you have Red Alert 2 which is completely standalone and unrelated (doesn't continue RA1 story which was a direct prequel to CnC1) and self contained so you can play that whenever and it's a great entry point.
Red Alert 3 is another self contained entry, but not as good entry point due to Then you've got Generals which is basically 9/11: The Game + China. It's standalone as well, has Zero Hour expansion set after the main game.

TibSun, RA2 and Generals are all great entry points.

those guys are only useful for base defense while you build scorpion tanks.

I liked it. Also liked that mod for it that gave Forgotten units. Also the only time I ever heard EA admit they fucked up, they apologized for saying CABAL and his faction would appear in here and in KW, but it didn't

CABAL is in KW though, upgraded and renamed as LEGION

It was a cop out and they did say the rest of his faction will appear. Then again, you'll probably say that the Awakened IS the rest of his faction. Which is true.

One thing worth mentioning though is the Generals doesn't really play like the other C&C games. It's still a great game though.

It's slightly a cop out yeah, but I think everyone agrees Scrin were much cooler thing to focus on in CnC3 than CABAL.
They were building up Scrin for 3 games so it was nice finally seeing them.

It plays mostly the same, the only core difference is how you get resource and that HUD is on the bottom instead of on the right.

It would've been nice to have both, but time constraints I suppose.

And you've got builder units, there are no MCVs, the main HQ isn't involved in constructing new buildings and the way you get units from production facilities is more in line with general RTS convention than with the C&C formula. A lot of the gameplay quirks and mechanics that make C&C aren't present in Generals.

You're right, Generals is more of a StarCraft reskin.

Kind of. As a general comparison yeah, the mechanics are more SC-like than C&C-like, but it doesn't have the insane APM and razor precision requirement SC has, it always felt like it's much more laid back compared to SC.

I'd rather not

the expansion tried to fix the plot

youtube.com/watch?v=1i9t2rbTf-g

>but not a true successor to Tiberian Sun.

Why not? It was largely based off of what Westwood originally intended for CNC3 to be

>didn't rape lore
While technically true, it just threw all sophistication and nuance out of the window.

Thanks being the first nail in the coffin for C&C

Literally Generals total conversion mod. And I'm not a fan of generals.

Attached: kane 123521.png (1130x900, 22K)

Fuck, 2.0 is still in alpha. He could've at least release a hotfix for bloaters and such.

>vps
Fancy. Give info, preferably in a pastebin or something like that. I'll make sure to repost the link to any RTS thread I find if it's not already posted.

C&C4 makes it look amazing.

The custom maps online were pretty fun.

>and then pretend the series was never wrapped up
It wasn't.

>and that doesn't exist
What doesn't exist?

Attached: 1409015431685.gif (314x232, 2.78M)

Imagine being this wrong

The artillery mechs that required snipers to spot for them were kickass

Good man

Imagine being fucking blind.

Attached: Screenshot.png (550x210, 10K)

>he thinks engine = gameplay
c󠛡u󠛡m󠛡b󠛡r󠛡a󠛡i󠛡n

The scrin campaign itself was also fun.

>Getting buttfucked by GDI and NOD across the whole planet because you're literally just a mining foreman that isnt equipped to deal with a planet that still has most of it's inhabitants.
>Your ship A.I immediately declares that "This shit is fucked, we need to abort." right from the start and continues doing so after every mission.
>Your supervisor wants you to keep going despite your certain death so as to learn more about Kane
>Your A.I cuts communication, dismisses his orders entirely and gives you the plan for getting you the fuck out of there.
Ship waifu a best.

BFME has different gameplay, every c&c after generals is nothing more than an iteration.

3 plays literally the same as TibSun
It plays NOTHING like Generals let alone BFME.
BFME also plays nothing like Generals OR CnC, you are literally a c󠛡u󠛡m󠛡b󠛡r󠛡a󠛡i󠛡n

It's "fine".

>every c&c after generals is nothing more than an iteration.

Attached: CCTwilight.png (440x317, 159K)

I wish you could buy Battle for Middle Earth fucking ANYWHERE just so I could have a halfway stable copy of the game.

youtube.com/watch?v=j77gwvA2bQU

Is this the most underrated Westwood RTS game?
youtube.com/watch?v=eODItHK7wbM

Attached: 1564236042528.jpg (800x600, 100K)

kanes wrath had a cool soundtrack

youtube.com/watch?v=-OXAnh0ItZI

Attached: BlackHand.jpg (385x400, 30K)

It was technically flawed (bugs, crashes, poor performance and so on), it distanced the story and characters even more from the books. Also gameplay was more like StarCraft with regards to pacing and tactics than, say, Dune 2000.

The irony as people from Generals and RA2 went on to make SC2 which is why all 3 games suffer from deathball as the most-used strategy.

I thought the most-used strategy in Zero Hour was air superiority

Dune games were NEVER in book universe though.
They are set in the David Lynch version universe.

Air deathball is still deathball

Well, yeah, Emps don't normally have deathballs. No matter how disgustingly overpowered Atreides are, even they can't afford to just sent their Minotaurs and Kindjal on attack move.

Hence why "distanced ... even more". The film was, after all, based on the first book. Fairly loosely, sure, but still.

Best gameplay of the series
worst FMVs of the series

In fairness, the Lynch version has god-tier aesthetics so I can't blame them for wanting to be more like it.

>worst FMVs of the series
no
Its time we face the fact that cnc 4 exists

Let's not talk about that

Attached: 1447938363979.jpg (2133x1200, 1.57M)

>worst FMVs of the series
Huh? It's literally the same director.

Yeah, the aesthetics are great and I'm glad the games went with that version of the universe instead of being 1:1 book autism.

>grew up with Westwood being literally down the road from me
>wanted to go to college and work there
>company was bought out by EA when I was still in HS, dismantled before I got halfway through college

Attached: sad beep.png (225x209, 112K)

The series had potential
Keyword: had

The book actually has really good aesthetics too but Lynch's adaptation is so bizarre and different that even 35 years later you remember what it looks like.

did 4 even have FMVs?

Yes

good night sweet prince.

Attached: 1562048078937.jpg (600x334, 57K)

In terms of being an adaptation that does whatever the fuck it wants instead of strictly adhering to the source material, it was probably the best we could've gotten out of it.
youtube.com/watch?v=KJgql2dXAiI
>This I think is one of the linchpins of Dune's importance: that it ever actually got made. It was a book that shouldn't have been shot. It was a script that couldn't have been written. It was a directorial job that was beyond anyone's doing. It was a production that would beggar the imagination and bankrupt 3 studios. It was a production that could not possibly be marketed in any way that anyone could understand or that they would go to. It didn't hit its audience. It looked like it insulted its audience. It looked like it defamed its originator.
>And yet the film was made. And yet the film remains, after all these...you know, we're talking decades here, this film still holds up. And when you go back and look at it, you are drawn into it.

Attached: topcake.jpg (500x1000, 327K)

sadly yes

Attached: download (2).jpg (1024x576, 148K)

Loved C&C1, RA, TS, RA2, fucking classic games and always worth a replay every now and then

Generals was different but playing online was fun at times

Everything after that was super disappointing

Original cnc fmvs were super kino, and felt somewhat realistic too, as time went on it became more silly

It felt realistic because it was taking inspiration from the Yugoslavian War going on at the time.

I sincerely recommend you watch the Extended Edition, some fan autist collected all the deleted and unfinished footage, finished it, professionaly spliced up and basically made an extended cut of the movie.
ifdb.fanedit.org/dune-the-alternative-edition-redux/

It looks bad too, RA2 still looks glorious in hires.

huh then that explains why 4 was so shit

Attached: Tiberian_Twilight.jpg (300x444, 28K)

IIRC, the reason they got shittier is that the Westwood FMV studio was closed along with their main location at Las Vegas.

Kane's wrath had some bug where I couldn't connect online and it fucked up windows somehow.
It made me upset cause I made a strategy to rush out flame tanks as nod and upgrade their flames, overwhelming even tanks. It let me beat my older cousin for the first time after many games. Never got to try it online. When they fixed the bug, they nerfed the flames.
Then cnc4 came out sometime later.

fuck ea

There is so, so much more to Nod subfactions in KW besides basic flamefaggotry. But I agree, I prefer v1.0 myself.

its no Generals

>It looked like it defamed its originator.
From what I can tell Frank was just so excited that his book was being made into a movie that the changes didn't bother him much. He was on-set the whole time and happy as a clam

Graphics are quite impressive

On the off chance you're still alive, author of the Lockdown mod: your mod is fun and it would be cool if you finished it.

It's the last CnC game I enjoyed.

>playing RA3
>trying to beat the mission where the soviets job and refuse to help you beat the nips
>everything is going smoothly
>A peacekeeper references anime, thats pretty cool
>suddenly 3 tengus fly over my base
>mfw

Attached: 1544668462814.png (500x486, 195K)

I used to live in Japan as a child and I pretty much hate all anime and their stupid "cute" bullshit that is everywhere, but I do have to admit, the Empire of the Sun was pretty cool.

I really liked the fact that units weren't individual units, but squads that lost effectiveness as they lost health and manpower.

nobody with taste likes moeshit

Wrong game faggot

It helps that almost all of their units have a kamikaze ability one way or another

>moeshit
Goddamn I had to look that up. I had no idea what to call that stuff. Now I can spread my hatred for it more freely. Thanks user.

How is he wrong about C&C3 introducing infantry squads into the series?

He's incorrect about losing effectiveness from losing health.

No it's not? I think you're getting confused. 4 was the shitty one made by EA. CnC 3 was the first CnC game that used infantry squads. As they lost health, individual troops died, decreasing DPS.

They only lost effectiveness from individuals dying, not from losing health.
The individual units in the squad still all had their own HP.
CoH and Dawn of War are the games where the entire squad has just one shared HP bar.

As units in a squad (they actually are individual units that could theoretically function by themselves) are killed/destroyed the "squad's" firepower is diminished.

Individuals died as the overall health was lost. Why the fuck does everything just devolve into an argument over semantics on this board? Jesus Christ, you have to intentionally try to be this pedantic.

>CoH and Dawn of War are the games where the entire squad has just one shared HP bar.
>Dawn of War
It's the same for DoW, though. Even though you don't have any way to see individual unit hit points they still very clearly died after their squad received enough damage.

There is no overall health for squad in CnC3 you fucking retard.
They are literally all separate units just artificially magnetized together into a squad but they all still function independently with their own HP bars.
Company of Heroes and Dawn of War are the games where the entire squad has overall single health.

It's not semantics because there's substantial difference.
In CoH and DoW, members of a squad die at fixed % points of the overall health bar.
Say there's 10 members in a squad, every time you take 10% damage to your total health bar, one of them WILL always die no matter what.

In CnC3, all the units are individuals with their own HP, hitbox and so on, just "magnetized" into a squad. What it means is that they won't just die at fixed % intervals. You can run into a situation where you can do something clever like having the units at the front of the squad take damage down to red in their hp, turn the squad around 180 degrees and fire back at the enemy, with the ones in red health now at the back and different members with still green health now at the front, thus surviving for longer and remaining at full effectiveness for longer.
YOU CAN'T DO THAT IN COH DUE TO LACK OF INDIVIDUAL HP, HITBOX ETC.

Your brain is so fried from being on Yea Forums that you wrote all that to prove me wrong even though we're agreeing with each other. You really need to take a break. I don't fucking care about the actual mechanics/semantics behind it. Literally all I said is that I enjoy the squad mechanics from 3.

You're the one with fried brain because you're too retarded to understand there's a substantial difference between how squads work in CnC3 and CoH/DoW.

It's ok. You said you liked something so of course user has to find a way to be contrarian about it. Welcome to /v

>Company of Heroes and Dawn of War are the games where the entire squad has overall single health.
legitimately untrue. look at the ebps for a volksgrenadier for example. each man in a volksgrenadier squad has 60HP. not sure where you got the fixed percentage death bullshit

I never once mentioned CoH or DoW. You were the only one that brought it up. I was talking about CnC games only and 3 was the first in the series to have squads.

what were they thinking?

Attached: 30b.png (680x512, 192K)

I unironically love CnC4 and think it's a much better game than the dated as shit originals for boomer trash

Attached: fucking retard.png (1884x1080, 115K)

Attached: (You).jpg (640x960, 57K)

Why do you take pride in the fact that you're making a place you spend so much time on a worse place to be?

There are people out there that actually think this. Like there is a community out there that actively plays this game. I mean hey as long as nobody is getting hurt I guess I don't have a problem. But really?

just another image to show how fucking stupid you are

Attached: 4 man squad low health.png (307x180, 90K)

something nice

tiberium wars was pretty neat
i really liked the nod storyline where it jumps between the other various games timelines and you see some of the events from kane's pov

subfactions we're a lot of fun, interesting way of adding variety like in Generals but without going full ham introducing tons of new factions

skirmishes are still great and scrim was a fun addition also kane's wrath added cool mechs

Subfactions were great but I'm still mad they teased letting you play with all 3 at once in the final mission only to put a 7 minute timer on you once the MCVs arrive.

There was also a "bug" in v1.0 where Awakened could benefit from Charged Particle Beams. It was fixed in one of the patches, naturally.

Anyone here play Grey Goo? When it released it seems like nobody really cared, but since it was the closest thing to a westwood rts we'd ever see again I was interested, but too poor to get it

I literally got that game because an article I read likened it to the basic rts style that Westwood had started. Great game but I thought it could be better.

>silos needed
>silos needed
>silos needed
>silos needed
>silos needed

Attached: alright.gif (320x173, 820K)

Better than RA3

Seriously I've been playing the games since they've been around but I've never understood the silo mechanic in RA1. Like, it keeps saying I need silos but I'm burning through my money faster than it is coming in because I'm spamming Mammoth tanks. And the credits keep piling up forever regardless of how many silos I have or don't have.