The gamecube was the last good nintendo console. prove me unright

the gamecube was the last good nintendo console. prove me unright

Attached: iIL0f1qa32ezo1_1280.jpg (1000x1000, 363K)

it was shit

Damn, looks like Steve never recovered from Najo getting in.

The DS came out after it

everything got too real

True, lost their soul with Wii. And don't give me shit just because it sold well.

Punished Steve

Switch is decent but they kinda fell flat after their 2017 upswing.
It's already a better buy overall than the wii though, minus paid online BS. Maybe eventually Nintendo will come back.

I remember being there when the Gamecube came out.
>Mario Sunshine is worse than 64!
>Metroid Prime is just a rehash of Super Metroid!
>WHAT THE FUCK HAVE THEY DONE WITH ZELDA? JESUS CHRIST
>Kiddy shit for kids! The console looks like a Fisher Price toy!

And so it goes.
Give it another 10-15 years, the Switch will be seen as the best console this gen, I guarantee it.

S-Steve?..

Only a zoomer faggot would think Nintendo had a good console after SNES

Be there or be square they said

You're not wrong in the slightest. Gamecube era was THE era for Nintendo content. The only people praising any system afterwards are MH-tards with their shit games.

Attached: 1563467478588m.jpg (1024x993, 64K)

it wasn't only the best nintendo console, it was the best console of it's generation

Is that really the case? I honestly think the Switch is the best console this gen already unless PC counts now, but I think the PS2 was still way better than the Gamecube

Wii sold well because it had an impressive first year or two, and games like Metroid Prime 3 and SSBB were enjoyable. However, everything went to shit for the Wii after the disaster that was E3 2008.

it's just that PS4 and Xbox One are both so shit that Switch doing decently makes it look even better.

Attached: 1560562935790.png (540x608, 95K)

uhhh what happened in e3 2008?

Agreed
Fuck miyamoto and his stupid gimmick consoles

How? I had a gamecube and fucking loved it, but the PS2 library is stupid big and has a ton of varierty

Honestly if you just took the SNES, PS1, PS2 and DS libraries you would never run out of awesome games to play. The gamecube's library has some great games (F-Zero is still my favorite racer of all time) but it's fairly small in scope

The DS exists.

Gamecube was gimmick-free and had the best console performance of the generation, It was definetely Nintendo’s best console. But what did that get them? Jack shit. Nintendo doesn’t have the market power to make a console without a gimmick and still compete with the xbox and playstation.

Test

Pretty much that. I don't think the Switch is even as good as the 360 was, but this whole gen just kind of sucks.

The MarioKart for the GameCube was absolute trash.

Therefore the console was trash.

Attached: 1487196969487.jpg (564x400, 47K)

The wii since it had soul with games like mario kart Wii (total freedom) and galaxy depending on who you ask.

360 was rough competition. Rougher than people give it credit for, the consoles were wantonly burning themselves out and people were buying more to keep playing.
and Wii was ass so yeah. PS3 did a little better in its later years at least.

Boy you better not be shittalking double dash

Wii Sports was fun. That was on the Wii.

DS, 3DS, Wii and Switch came after it though.

The SNES exists

The PS2 is *easily* the best console of that gen, but the public opinion of the Gamecube has softened a lot.
Everyone *HATED* the Gamecube back between 2001 and 2005.
Hated hated hated hated it.
They hated how Zelda was all "Kiddie" now, they hated how Mario was a "Janitor" and how Sunshine "only" had 8 stages to 64's 15, they hated how Resident Evil 4 (which was amazing in every way) was chained to a console that looked like a toddler's toy, they hated how Mario Kart Double Dash was "gimmick shit" and "not a real Mario Kart", and they ESPECIALLY hated how there was no internet connectivity (as that was still a brand new and novel concept for consoles at the time, one that the PS2 and Xbox were both capitalizing on, with FF11 and Halo 2, respectively)

Oh, also how you needed FOUR gameboy Advances and a card reader to play some games, and how you needed to buy a fuck-ton of stuff to catch all the Pokemon.

I literally can't
gamecube was glorius

>Steve? Yeah there was a time when they called me that...

Attached: 1564785341573.jpg (1000x1000, 622K)

Are people afraid to mention Melee because of "muh shower" faggots? The game is great and the reason why 1/3 of the world had a Ganecube

>>>/shower/

lole

I thought that whole gen was pretty great honestly.

An entire E3 dedicated to showing off uses for Nintendo's motion control gimmick. The games shown were Wii Fit, Wii Sports Resort and Wii Music. From then on, Nintendo would focus on selling the system as an exercise machine rather than a regular game system. Game releases would become less common to the point where new games for the Wii were almost non-existent by 2010-2011.

Coming straight from MarioKart64 at the time, it was totally inferior.

How's retirement, Yea Forums Steve? Kickin' it with Cranky?

>64 was better
Now I know this is bait

funny and original

Attached: file.png (658x655, 566K)

10/10

It was the last good non-handheld console, period. Every console after it is a shitty locked down imitation of a PC. There's no point in playing on an Xbone or PS4 when you could just play on an actual PC

For me it was the N64 & GameBoy Color.