Are these versions okay for playing these games for the first time or should I emulate?

Are these versions okay for playing these games for the first time or should I emulate?

Attached: s-l300.jpg (264x474, 66K)

Other urls found in this thread:

gbatemp.net/threads/majoras-mask-3d-modder-restoring-functionality-more-fixes-to-come.542316/
imgur.com/user/toomuchautism/posts
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

these versions, aside from resolution, are superior to the original. Don't let anyone tell you otherwise

Majora's mask suffers from some changes but they're the best versions

>OoT
3DS
>MM
N64

There's an update that fixes the issues of the 3DS MM version.

Yes, they're generally considered the best versions for casual play.

Majora's Mask does suffer a couple of annoying design changes, particularly with regards to the boss fights and the Zora swimming controls, but it also has some serious QoL improvements such as being allowed to save at owl statues instead of quick-saving, and being able to skip forward to specific hours in time.

That said there is a fan effort to mod Majora's Mask 3D to restore certain things.
gbatemp.net/threads/majoras-mask-3d-modder-restoring-functionality-more-fixes-to-come.542316/

They are the definitive versions.

Can you load this update onto a 3DS?

Requires hacking but yes.
And 3DS hacking is fairly easy to do.

OoT is fine, MM should be avoided.

It doesn't fix everything.

Mods can be loaded on hacked consoles, yeah.

Bit off topic but with cfw can I inject the English version of SMT 1 into the NES VC and not have it crash the console?

OoT3D is fine but MM3D is an abomination

Just emulate both. There's a romhack for OoT that lets you switch tunics shields and boots with the dpad.

why dont they port these to the switch? small screen fuckin sucks

I'll never play a 3DS game in a resolution less than 4K ever again.

>OoT
Any version will be fine, except WiiU VC
>MM
Any version except 3DS

The 3DS games are more vibrant and the N64 games have a darker mood.

I'm hoping they do a Zelda collection that's OOT3D/MM3D/WWHD/TPHD for the switch

This thread is full of bootlickers.
Don't listen to them, OP. Just buy a Nintendo 64 and the original cartridges, and play them the way they were meant to be played.

MM3D has the same mood as the N64 one just the textures aren't muddle now. Keep in mind the game has to be brighter because it's a handheld designed to be played outside, not in your room

>3DS MM
>definitive version

Attached: 008dcf6ddd5f4872e9e1e3a64af63141fdd617a36a2bb2371a3d2a03b5346521.jpg (350x350, 14K)

How have you not played them already? Did you grow up with a playstation? Are you underage?

Nah.
Yeah, I grew up with a PS1 and then played PC games pretty much exclusively. Recently I started going back to play some old classics I missed out on.

Big screen is better than small screen.

Emulate oot3D
Not sure about MM3D but a lot of people seem to not like it

Emulate OoT 3D and the original Majora's Mask

Holy shit look at this Nintenlard.
Are you retarded? Do you really think everyone played Zelda games at the time of release? Not everyone had N64 back in the day. And that's a good thing.

You should emulate those versions with citra.

Ocarina 3D is the best version because you don't need to pause every 20 seconds in the most annoying dungeon

Majora's 3D is ok but you can apply the improvement patch to play the game and get the best experience

Any modding will never be as good as original N64 in case of MM 3DS.
You can fix Zora swimming and Deku nut speed, but you can't fix the terrible art direction that ruins the dark presentation of the game or fix the boss fights which were changed and dumbed down for worse completely.

Retard alert

Because the Switch versions would suffer of the "new funky mode" shit

>Yeah, I grew up with a PS1 and then played PC games pretty much exclusively. Recently I started going back to play some old classics I missed out on.
wow thats so fucking retarded lol

SMT1 is on the snes.

The dated graphics have their own charm. You should just get the old school experience. The improvements aren't really worth it. Majora's Mask definitely loses some atmosphere, because the color palette is way oversaturated and purple.
Plus there are some gameplay downgrounds, particularly with swimming and ice arrows. I say you definitely want to play the old Majora's Mask.
And if you're going to play the old MM, then you might as well play old Ocarina of Time for consistency sake. Just look at it like a peek back in time.

Also, don't use Project 64. Get M64p. It's a better emulator with more options.

I'd emulate both. MM has a really great texture pack by a guy named Nerrel.

>There's a romhack for OoT that lets you switch tunics shields and boots with the dpad.

Where? I've only seen one that lets you switch boots.

How's that retarded?

>Open thread
>expect the worst because nu/v/
>worse than I thought
I remember when I bitched about neo Yea Forums 3 neo Yea Forumss ago. Now this is just sad.

OP, here's a tip. Never play the remake first. Never. Always the original.

Attached: 3a84dc001f54af2a2d4d61d8741c3cc5.jpg (696x1202, 70K)

Kek

The Resident Evil 2 remake is objectively superior to the original in every way except maybe the soundtrack

Buy a CRT, buy a N64 and buy the original cart.
Remakes are soulless garbage and emulation is for retards that dont care for quality

>The Resident Evil 2 remake is objectively superior to the original in every way except maybe the soundtrack

Attached: 2AD264D3-B44B-45D7-9925-50D9BC46E894.jpg (631x658, 72K)

>the consensus had always been that MM3d is a sidegrade with it's good changes making up for the bad
>that one faggot e-celeb makes a cherrypociekd video only talkingf about the bad and suddenly Yea Forums hates it

fucking morons

Good:
>Much better models, textures lighting and effects that almost always preserve the atmosphere
>Gyorg fight is better
>Doesn't make you rewatch the business scrub cutscene
>Better framerate
>Song of double time allows you to pick times
>Gyro arrow controls
>Fishing
>if you have a n3ds/xl, you have camera rotation/control via c nub

Neutral:
>The bombers notebook is a little less obtuse/more organic to use, but it's also a little too helpful.
>Likewise, the save system is less obtuse, but allowing you to save without it being attached to going back in time also removes some of the stress the game is meant to invoke
>Twinmold fight is different but not better or worse. Some people like the change, some don't.
>Bank placement is moved

Bad
>Odolwa fight was made very easy, especially with the deku mask.
>Ice arrows can't be used just anywhere anymore.
>Zora swimming less fun, which outweighs the benefit of easier control in tight spaces.
>Bombers notebook pops up automatically and takes a while to do so, is annoying
>The Keeta chase is made way easier
>You have to get out of rolling as goron to hit Goht, but this isn't nearrly as bad as Odolwa's change
>It's harder to use the Deku spin to go faster (super minor thing to count against it, but it's there)
>Great bay temple's atmosphere is changed due to less gritty textures and brighter lighting
in particular, there's comparsions of the visuals of every single thing in game here: imgur.com/user/toomuchautism/posts

OOT3D is the definitive edition and MM3D is OK but inferior in some ways to the N64 version but there is a mod that fixes some of the issues

I played the 3DS versions first and the N64 version of ocarina is vastly inferior not just in visuals but it feels much clunkier and slower. Even MM has the same problems but the less awful boss fights in the N64 version makes it more palatable

>>Twinmold fight is different but not better or worse. Some people like the change, some don't.
Some liked it? I could only describe it as incredibly tedious.