Star Sector

Attached: 1564765562668.webm (980x551, 2.74M)

Other urls found in this thread:

fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=12493.0
fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=177.0
boards.fireden.net/v/thread/440034106/#q440088656
fractalsoftworks.com/preorder/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

i think that seth guy did a video on this recently

Friendly reminder that this will never be released and you should always pirate it.

Here's hoping as well. How did the mod get so memory holed that there's no backup around?

Friendly reminder that the game is great is it is and you should buy it if you like it.

where?the latest one on piratebay is from last year

I need potato games to run since my PC's power supply is shot, this looks up my alley.

Free Ahne

...did Sseth dox himself? The devs can trace that cdkey to his real name, right?

It's not unfortunately.

gamer

I wonder how they feel about him giving away infinite copies

Why is it a fucking Java game?

It ran OK on a shitty Celeron but I only tested 5 minutes. It could probably crawl at 10fps on bigger battles.

Download it from their damn site. Use Seth's key. Just in case disable internet connection through the firewall.

Multiplat, mac & linux too

ok lol

you think the GigaVirgins that play space games don't have the 100 IQ needed to pirate?

Attached: 1564763171860.jpg (1280x720, 116K)

>faction mod removed
>music mod download removed
>portrait mod download removed
Free my niggas

Attached: screenshot034.png (2560x1440, 1.64M)

Is the bounty hunter start fine for a beginner? Tried it out and the Wolf's hardpoints seemed kinda ass, but I don't know shit about the game.

Did nothing wrong.

Brother, please upload the mod, can't find a working link.

What's seth's key? Google isn't helping.

at the end of his video

Fighting with whatever they give you won't be easy, wolf is fragile and doesn't have much firepower. If you feel you can't fight with this you can just buy some freighters and tankers and explore uninhabited space for various shit you can sell for good money.

Okay, now how the fuck do I actually use it? The only working purchase link doesn't accept game keys.

Seriously? Why?

I can't imagine being this much of a brainlet.

You don't deserve to play it desu if you're that retarded if you cant even find a download link after being spoonfed a key.

Alright, guess I'll get to exploring and stop trying to butt heads with everything.
Any recommendation for my personal skills? Seems like the general idea is to take fleet buffs and give combat related shit to hired officers.

>this game has a great mod community!
>oh no, the forum mods are actually easily triggered and will delete your mod and ban you if they don't like it!
There goes my interest. Do they at least upload to Nexus?

Reminds me of the Reavers from Firefly.

will you ever stop crying about your shitty norse nazi mod?

Attached: 1557637796953.png (479x525, 427K)

23 entries

Preferred host? I have screenshots and need to dig up old files if I don't have a direct link anyway.

>Mod gets permission to use art from existing game, gets shut down for being a mean faction that hurts feelings
>Oga Portrait Pack uses art to add portraits, gets shut down because no permission on unspecified art
>modders offended when portraits show up on their OC donut steel factions
>Galatia Complete adds music to the game, gets shut down because no permission on unspecified songs
You can look it up and see for yourself but people are quick to get offended for others and get mods to shut down what they don't like.

>skill system planned to be completely gutted
This is the exact reason why I never bought it.
Never buy early access shit kids.

Why are you defending the cucked forums?

suicide is illegal

Skill that boosts speed on global map by 1 is must have and you should level it first. Other than that - max skills improving flux and ordnance point in blue branch, fleet combat readiness in green one and own combat readiness in red. Max number of officers optional for as many as you think you want. After that it depends if you want to use gun ship or carrier, there's not enough points for all so just take skills that boost what you need for either, as well as shield/armor ones. Yellow branch is generally useless unless you have something particular in mind, so for now just avoid it, salvage and shit is profitable even without skills that boost it.

user,you dumb fucking faggot
fractalsoftworks.com/preorder/
here,download the shit
put the key during/after the installation

Gotcha, thanks kindly user

Attached: 1548914045610.jpg (253x253, 9K)

I have a link for Oga pack if any one wants it

Free Ahne
The latest (0.9.0) version should be dropbox.com/s/pm8kxy6uwyv3ddy
Never tried it with 0.9.1 but it should work, only reason I would get into modding at this point is to support it and other old/abandoned mods.

Is it recommended to do vanilla for your first time or are there just straight upgrade mods?

As long as there's no miner, anything will do, mate.

I figured NGO getting removed would open the floodgates for modders and other forum faggots to bitch about the more innocuous mods available there. I hate that I was correct with that assumption, but I saw it coming a mile away when the guy that made Combat Alarm Sounds got so much shit for originally using audio taken from the Battlefield games. Some of the more notable modders on the forums are such huge niggerfaggots christ.

Attached: 1468940021084.jpg (873x725, 77K)

Post it please, if only so at least more people can have it archived and available for distribution.

>Best faction Templar and Approlight still not updated
I'll see you in three years.

Thanks, user. It's a fucked up thing to just start banning things left and right.
I love space nazis but almost always played a rogue element piloting a diablonics wamzer and fighting against the NGO cause it was more fun that way, with the odds against me. Also why I like approlight villains since they're just "broken"

Yes.

Approlight is updated but not translated. Templar will take a while.

That key will be useless in the next version, just like the ones that used to be posted here

modders are fucking queers that are too shit to get a job making an actual game so they sperg the fuck out over nothing. More news at 11

i feel like im fundamentally missing or misunderstanding something in the combat system cause im getting my ass kicked in the first tutorial fight. any vids on the basics
i get your not going to start out with a good ship so everythings going to feel slow and sluggish but christ.

Attached: 1.png (1920x1080, 1005K)

You can thank archives for this one
dropbox.com/s/5k41z8ahuj4mr8c/Oga Portrait Pack v1.2.7z?dl=0
The complete Oga pack

hiro eat shit i didn't finish typing, any economy fags here? someone mind explaining how I make bank and become master jew?

Oh wow, it is, thanks.

organs, drugs and fuel

Oh okay, I see why he wasn't too worried then. Thanks fren.

Procurement missions and shortages, mostly missions if you want to make quick but inconsistent cash. Pay attention to any new intel and when you travel near colonized stars, anything with active comm relays in hyperspace will update you. Find where you can buy in demand items and if they're cool with transponders off like Independents for easier black market trading. Keep your burn level high and don't forget to go dark or emergency burn when necessary.

Attached: screenshot006.png (2560x1440, 2.25M)

If only Alex didn't cuck out and instead slap these faggot modders around until they knock it off. Then again, he needs those modders around to keep interest in his game going during the lengthy dev cycles between updates. He'll never reign them in.
Thanks user.

He could just not allow the other modders to get banned or have their shit removed

Forgot to mention getting more cargo space will help keep up with bigger requests or for straight black market trading, I remember Luddic Path can be good customers at times. Navigation [3] for Transverse Jump can help speed up travel and evasion from patrols by letting you jump directly near planets and enter hyperspace from any location. If all goes well you should net at least a million credits before the end of the first year, much more with experience and maybe a bit of luck.

Attached: screenshot027.png (2560x1440, 2.81M)

I like v's new habit of just making threads about whichever game Sseth recently made a video about for a few days every time one drops.

The spergs would still be sperging until something happens and Alex can not afford to loose em due to the aforementioned lengthy dev cycle

Don't remember why my fleet looks like this but I guess I bought whatever to keep my cargo safe and branch out into exploration for worlds to colonize. Surveying and trading is a lot more forgiving for income compared to bounty hunting, but bounties can provide some nice ships.

Attached: screenshot028.png (2560x1440, 2.15M)

>new habit

Haven't played this in a while, can we create our custom helper commanders? I want a waifu fleet.

at least he reviews decent games.
we could be having league of legends threads again.

atack the engines

Probably not.

I hope we get a dedicated decent Fuel Tanker, because the Prometheus is fucking shit. A light cruiser sized fueler is needed

and just like that i'm starting to see some profits. thanks.

Attached: magic.png (344x242, 43K)

my PC crashes when my GPU's extra power is supposed to kick in. As long as it doesn't trigger that I'm good.

Are there any "must have" mods or should i go vanilla?

What's battle size mean in the settings? Just the number of shit allowed on screen?

Anime portraits. The default ones are bad.

Vanilla if it's the first time, later on start a new game with Nexelin and faction mods

I still remember having fun with it and a number of many other mods back in 0.7a, things felt better back then. I miss mods like Citadel and AI War but they left peacefully at least. There should be a better host for mods, maybe when the game isn't in EA.

Attached: they dream of a utopian nation.png (1455x1118, 836K)

Is there any qol mods for vanilla ?

Kinda of, a larger battle size allows more ships at once. You can edit a config to make a battle size 1,000 allowing that much in deployment points in total from both sides. The game is getting a bit better with optimization but still shits itself with having too many ships and fighters on screen, understandably worse with mods.

jesus christ, that amount of factions
I got half of it and its a clusterfuck
winning though

What are some video games that focus on building your planet?

For example, creating your own colony in Starsector in neat and terraforming in Endless Space, but those are both side content to the mostly combat focused game. I'd like a game about exactly that.

So it's basically Captain Forever but with crazy expanded universe exploring shit?
I'm in.

Attached: Captain_forever_remix_screenshot.jpg (400x225, 26K)

The game has endings? I played it a little months ago but I thought it was just a sandbox game.

Audio Plus if you want to add custom soundtracks, and custom portraits; game is fine and doesn't really require qol mods

Is that so ? I see. I bought it mainly because it looks like sunless sea. I'l hope i'l have a good time.

>Galatia Complete
Wait a minute, I remember that mod being around for years without any problems. Did something change other than the modders being spergs?

Just stop fucking replying to me.

Youtube is awash in poorly edited meme-filled videos about league of lesbians. You wont find any other videos on stuff like might and magic 6 unless its speedrun footage.

???

I was about to shit on you, because the skill system as it is is pretty shit, but I just read the blog post and it seems even worse.
Those "Story Points" stinks.

There must be some anons here whom have some old modfiles that can be salvaged once they're banished from the servers. I could make a mega folder if i get enough of them.

I have a feeling something changed around 9.0 and the forum admins worried about a full release and they're the ones with the only real repository for starsector mods.

Attached: stage1.png (637x687, 61K)

What's with the defending of the Oga portrait pack? Not only it did not integrate well with other mods unless you modified the other mods, it was far smaller than other portrait packs and clashed in artstyle with them all just for its oh so special snowflake frame.
And that is not even getting to the stolen assets.

It has an ending with Nexerelin, when you reach friendly status with all other factions currently in the sector.

Use the shift key

No real ending but Nexerelin lets you know if there are no major factions hostile to each other left. You can conquer everyone yourself or with other factions in an alliance, the stats are neat.

Mostly the other modders taking offense for other people's work.

people butthurt about the nazi mods need to cling to any other mod that also gets deleted to pretend they weren't just singled out and the community is out to get everyone

>There was an AI War mod at some point
>Its dead

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Oh look, the forum circlejerk is here again.

just bought the game, god damn these portraits are hideous
no wonder you guys recommend portrait mods

Oh look, its a contrarian Yea Forumstard

I have some mods for the old 0.7 version, looking for anything in particular?

Here, I've got the portrait pack for you
fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=12493.0

>stolen assets
I have 3 portrait packs and I doubt they all have permission for all the art they use. Are you trying to shut them down too?

I don't really give a shit about the stolen assets. I just find it laughable to defend an objectively shit mod just to stick it to other modders.

I like putting big guns on weak and fast pirate ships

Attached: swimming apu.jpg (1280x720, 75K)

Attached: Doesnt mind.png (1609x930, 450K)

Where do we put the portrait replacement files? Inside the original mods, correct?

try spinning, thats a good trick!

I love the Onslaught!

>le ironic weeb anime portraits
honestly not sure if that's worse than the vanilla tumblr art

>not being a Paragon chad
>laughs in tachyon lances

Hm... What about Surviving Mars?

Steam reviews make it out to be mediocre at best.

>start as scavenger and rush for oil tankers to do long distance scounting missions
>get a mission worth almost 100k and when I arrive it's fucking filled to the brim with destroyed ships and pods all over the place
>the only pirates nearby are beta orbiting me and do nothing but follow me
>find a pod with somebody still in it
>mfw poor little 6 salvage commander gets a level 15 steady second in command for free and almost 200k in ship blueprints
imagine unironically killing for a living

Attached: 1562634902923.gif (333x194, 1.78M)

Yep. It`s on the level of Beyond Earth - not too great, not too bad.

Or you can play factorio if you consider turning the planet into industrial hellscape terraforming.

Attached: 1550705880886.jpg (960x702, 71K)

When will they teach AI to use phase ships correctly? I really like having afflictor or harbinger supports, but they forget that they don't have shield and facetank blastwave from exploding battleships far too often.
Paragon is a fucking snorefest to play, but eventually you have to because new bounties get too fucking strong.

Star Sector
more like
TARD SECTOR AMIRITE

anyways are there mods for just about every scyfy franchise like in sins of a solar empire?

It's decent/good to start but by the time you've finished (or rather gotten bored with) one colony there isn't much replay value aside from cranking up difficulty modifiers or whatever the scenarios are, but it's still a city builder at heart so that's pretty much how they all go. There's cool stuff to build and some of the mystery storylines are interesting so if that interests you then I'd recommend it.

how do you tell how much capacity your cargo hold has?

At least you can make your own portraits by modifying existing packs. It doesn't look difficult, copy pasting some shit lets me replace mods of their awful portraits with other ones.

the bars on the cargo menu

I have never used em so i havent got a clue sorry man

Might try it then.

The lack of passive income generating source bugs me so bad in this game. Even with missions shitting out mad cash

I just hate niggers and Oga got rid of niggers so it gets my vote

>spoonfeeding this fucking hard
you fucking newfags ruin everything

But there are passive income, just start a colony. You don't even need top tier planet for that, just anything with some resources, under 150% habitability and good accessibility (close to inhabited systems).

Even worse when you are attacking a station, they like to get in near knife fighting range for some dumb reason. It seems only the Doom has proper AI.
Speaking of capitals, the absolute most fun one I've played so far is the Diable Avionics Pandemonium. Because a massive dreadnaught that can teleport is truly something beautiful.

More or less, except for I'd say organic ships.

Colonies, user.

Hey I just came by to tell you all that Dominator-chan is the best ship and you better stop making fun of her weight or else.

Attached: dominator.jpg (367x544, 30K)

No, not at all.
Also never post the abomination that is nu-captain forever again.

I know that, but by that point you're supposed to be waging war left and right and on the early-late game.
I'd like to have something akin to enterprises on warband so I could live like a proper space trader

You can also get a commission from a faction. Get a monthly stipend, get more money for blowing shit up that faction doesn't like. Also be basically at the whims of that faction politically, especially with Nexerelin.

Its more complete than most games these days and worth the price.

In last patch they reworked colonies somehow - it doesn't prints bullshit money from the beginning, but easier to start and enemies don't try to fuck it up immediately. And when it's developed and has last tier station and military base, I'm not sure vanilla game even generates something that may require player attention to defend against.

Mates, are the aide commanders customizable or am I stuck with the random portraits?

I know exactly how you feel, I want to OWN the organ "donor" business, otherwise I'm just essentially a space trucker. Still super fun hauling cargo though.

>Spamming reapers like those are fucking pilums
When will AI stop doing that?

No joke, all the nigger portraits I've seen are the only thing that's turned me off a very little from the game.

So do you guys try to go around storms or just plow through them?

How do I progress? Right now all I am doing is bullying independents for ships and supplies, everytime I try to do a mission I get raped
Also, what ship weapons are generally the best? I have a bunch of them but I dont know what ones I should sell and what ones I should keep
-

Oh that's better. I can build colonies without jumping straight to the endgame like the previous patch
I've been considering that too but hell I'd probably make more enemies than moneys

This. I just want to be a simple tycoon without comitting to a faction or colony. But looks like I'll be forced to either two. Would love to see atleast a mod for this.

Customize officers? Can't outside of their skills and name if I remember correctly.

bully pirates by baiting their fleets into some friendly armada
independents are bros

Get money somewhere and buy better ships. Check both open and black markets, tri-tachyon generally sells lots of high tech shit, and sindrian diktat lots of mid tech one. Also it feels like they buffed chances of good stuff being on sale more than they should, I remember seeing astral for sale at open market right after returning from first ever salvage expedition.
>Also, what ship weapons are generally the best?
Hard to tell, it depends more on what ship are you putting them on. Use simulation to understand how exactly weapon works and if you want to use it.

In game, just the name and new skills. You can save edit to change portrait and learned skills but be warned, it is a very large text file.

Try to save money to expand your fleet, do trade missions if you have to or stick near patrols for local pirate bounties. Carriers with bombers can help tackle larger ships, fighters/interceptors for everything else.
>what ship weapons are generally the best
Until you know how to knife fight you should stick to maximizing your range. Try to maintain enough kinetic weapons to bring down shields and mix them with either High Explosive for heavy armor or weapons with EMP damage to make larger ships safer to fight.

Im about to play star sector for the first time,how do I git gud

in settings turn on the setting that aims the ship towards cursor. The only reason not to use this method is if you're piloting a broadside ship like a conquest

About to start a new game, am I good to go? Are there more good mods? Is one of those actually really bad?

Attached: 1556670687982.png (482x450, 65K)

Not sure if this one is for last version, but it's generally gives correct description.

Attached: 1557357631238.jpg (1041x1772, 518K)

I like mayasura. not an actual faction but adds in midline ships with a focus on carriers and battlecarriers

added that too, thanks

Like said, Mayasura is real good if you like midline.
Maybe you can consider other generalist, non-faction mods like Disassemble-Reassemble and Tahlan Shipworks.

Is it normal if the auto-pilot is better at the game than me?

At the start, yeah.

no. The ai is decent at managing shields but thats it, the player has much better senses about shit like firing missiles and managing flux or your position. Honestly it's not like there's any tips to say about combat, you just get better with experience. The only thing I can tell you is to be mindful of your weapon ranges and try not to get overextended and surrounded.

Normal if you're new. It isn't too hard to learn from mistakes if you play carefully and observe the AI to abuse it later. Run Simulation and missions are helpful to get a handle on combat so you aren't reliant on auto pilot.

Why does this thread exist? Did he shit out a new update after the pirate capital ships?

AI is bullshit because it will micro shields perfectly
>tiniest projectile/missile
>shields it for 0.1 seconds to destroy it
Really stupid, you gotta cheese enemies or bruteforce shields.

african man made a video about it and people remembered it existed

>>shields it for 0.1 seconds to destroy it

he doesn't do this himself
pleb plebbicus is that you?

This drawing is kinda hot

How good are REDACTED bomber crafts? I never quite understood what they even do, but stats say they carry 12k explosive damage per wing in total, which is far more than 4 atropos torps from tridents. Worth using on astral over those?

Doesn't matter because
>early access for a decade
>not available on any major storefront
>already at the point where core features are being changed for the worse
You'd have to be stupid to spend money on this, and I say that as someone with over 200 hours invested in it.

iirc their strike craft don't use crew so that alone should put them above most other types

They're decent support bomber wings but function a bit different from fighters like Dagger and Trident wings. The weapon itself is an anti fighter missile, it explodes with a decent AoE so it can clear out fighters and missile swarms with ease. Good against large ships that have both, but bomber wings with guided missiles are better for striking faster ships. If I remember correctly these ships like Piranhas may be prone to friendly fire, but I haven't used them in a long time so that part I'm not 100% sure about.

I'm not watching some nigger youtuber's video.

You that upset about the skills?

I've argued for the past two years that major features could change between now and release and the game could end up very different from what was originally pitched. Skills getting ruined is just vindicating my views.

>tutorial only goes over combat basics
uhhh
feel like I'm really going in blind here

Is there a comprehensive guide somewhere? My ships weak af and can't fight anything.

what are your specific complaints?

There's a campaign tutorial too

campaign tutorial happens when you actually start a new game

If you can't fight, explore and savage until you get money for better shit. Fighting with starting ships are extremely hard if you don't know what you're doing, and they're fitted like shit too. Advanced starts are decent tho, but you probably shouldn't take them for your first run.

ah thank god

What are you trying to attack? Pirates have weak ships, but they're still pretty smart and if you go 1vs3 they will beat you because they cover each other

Concerning?

Skill change.

You'd think nu-male söyboys would have died off after the Collapse.

Attached: 1.png (159x163, 34K)

>The second goal is to make the system more approachable.
>Finally, updating a system is a great time to simplify it, so that’s a goal as well.
It's getting casualized. I doubt it's going to stop there as well.
Beyond that all the new ideas sound awful and would only serve to decrease replay value: particularly the shit about scaling and story points.

Is it better to start playing vanilla or is it safe to install some mods right away at the start?

>Sseth gives out his CD key so people can try the game
That's actually pretty cool of him

what kind of name is Pick Random?

Vanilla first to understand campaign and combat, then add mods for variety and give the sector a bit more life. Mods give me the most replay value but at least the past few major updates give vanilla a decent amount of hours to put into.

A couple of faction mods might be fine, as long as you don't install the bullshit ones like Knight Templars

Faction mods are best. Some mods fix the fucked up economy.

Pick Random isn't even out of place in the Sector considering all the people named after planets and shit

You can practice as much as you want in the simulator.

god the art is so bad

What are you talking about? I see nothing wrong with this artstyle.

Attached: 2.png (145x151, 31K)

>Mostly the other modders taking offense for other people's work.
why are modders such faggots?

does this nigga have cybereyes or contacts or something
why are his eyes blue

modding attracts autists the same way speedrunning does

>scavenge some shitty mining station
>get this
>get an alpha core in the same system too
>both worth like 650k
Should I build my empire early or sell it all for a shitload of dosh and rep

Attached: 1554153070861.png (1920x1080, 1.31M)

>AI
Do not

You should turn in that contraband, you're not a AI sympathizer, are you?

Find a good planet and set up shop

which ones?

don't turn in cores, you can slap even the shitter ones on colony installations to make them better

650k isn't much desu, you should probably get at least a million. buildings cost hundreds of thousands and until you get like 3 industries you'll barely be making a profit. keep that shit until later and just keep getting dosh.

>extra production and other benefits for literally anything you want
You'd have to be a fool to give it away for short term gains.

Use your mod specs, it'll remove them from salvage drop pool and you'll be getting different ones instead.

Diable Avionics
Black Rock Shipyards

just install every single compatible mod you coward

I'll keep on the look out for a planet like earth while I keep sucking up money from all the scrap in the galaxy.
gonna install the alpha right away too fuck the hegemony and FUCK luddic cult

Attached: 1545362198309.png (378x396, 170K)

bros I'm scared...
there's too much to take in

just wiki it

Starsector ain't shit compared to hyperautistic shit like Aurora. You'll make it, lad.

worst case scenario if you really hate a lot of it there's mods that might help

I played Survivng Mars for like 30~ hours and got kinda bored but there seemed to be a lot of stuff I didn't really do or see.

are the mod forums down?

you get used to it. Also there's not that much you need to keep track of anyways, on the map there's not many changing variables besides relations between factions which don't concern you and in battle just keep track of flux and weapon range

>when the pirate base flies over and starts to attack your planet and station

man I hat- wait what the fuck

Attached: sendhelp.jpg (960x540, 102K)

Seems that their site died again. That meme video sure got them more exposure than they know what to do with.

can you still colonize stars if you emergency burn into them hard enough to scan them>

imagine the set of balls you gotta have to fly one of these fucking things

Attached: flyingreaper.jpg (430x234, 16K)

Starsector is great but the longer you play the more it feels incomplete. Especially when you go around blowing up NPC faction stations and bombing their shit and they just sit there and don't immediately declare war.

There's a mod, I have completely forgotten the name of, but it adds faction wars and all sorts of shit like that. I'm sure some kind SPACEBOI knows it.

It's more simple than it looks.
The most complicated bit for a new player is building ship,s but you can use the defaults and not have much trouble.
The best way to learn it is to use the defaults and sub in slots that you can't fill; that way you get some idea what works well in certain slots without having them all be custom.

There was a bug in 0.9 when you could do that to secondary star in binary systems because those were counted as planets, but game crashed upon opening colony management. But generally you can open interaction with a star by flying into it, it just doesn't do anything.

werks on my machine

Attached: Base Profile Screenshot 2019.07.26 - 21.32.58.02.png (1920x1080, 684K)

is it Nexerelin?

What's the final goal of the game? Destroy and conquer the entire universe?

Vanilla is M&B style sandbox as of now.

There is no set goal
Yet

ye, thanks, spaceboi

with nexerelin sure. You can always fight a [REDACTED] [REDACTED] in a system with a red beacon

>download
>install
>play tutorial
>get bored
>uninstall
I'm sorry lads

cringe

cringe

One last hurrah before upgrading to the new version and potentially losing this save
This is the ideal Dominator setup

Attached: a.jpg (1920x1080, 825K)

oh shit this game looks like void hunters, I gotta look into this
anyone play that shit back in the day?

how do I unsubscribe from this blog?

>Forlorn hope mission
Is that paragon fit a joke? Seriously, how the fuck you render most bullshit ship in the game into such useless state?

>read through the oga portrait thread
Man that is one autistic modding "community"

There are pretty much no bad mods, even those mods that were made by the Chinese and were uploaded with google translate translated descriptions are good.

APOGEE

Attached: b.jpg (1920x1080, 812K)

Read through the vesperon combine thread, special snowflake modders outraged that a mod might make it slightly less grindy to get their precious blueprints.

Fuck you I like it

Attached: Buffalo II (base hull).png (240x300, 27K)

This is what porn does to your brain.

Just give them more torps so they don't run out

Attached: c.jpg (1511x1017, 242K)

Where are the sex mods.

It'd be an interesting hull indeed if the enemy fleet didn't jump up so high in terms of capabilities. By the time you're able to salvage or buy one of those, you can just wait one more mission and afford much better destroyer hulls.

What's this from Sseth's video? Some kind of space horror? I love those kind of things and will give this game a go if there are some superbosses you can just encounter on the field.

Attached: file.png (1920x1080, 2.28M)

Big ass drone stations bristling with guns and flux capacity for days.

They'll eat you alive even if you have a fleet capable of beating the shit out of anything in the sector. They make short work even out of modded fleets with the exception of Knights Templar that aren't really available in the recent SS.

Did you get permission from your superior to post that image, user?

Reading through that thread and the portraits thread MesoTroniK is such a fag

umm, *Yawn*, sweetie

What? That station is not impossible to beat with a vanilla fleet. You don't even have to autistically "outskill" them in your own piloted ship. Set a rally point far enough away from the range of the pulsers and set your fleet to defend that rally point. The AI ships being stupid and drifting in and out of range trying to kill the station will actually help flux out the station.

Another strategy is to have a fuckton of unmanned bombers with high burst projectiles.

[REDACTED], specifically the Remnant faction, leftovers from the AI War. Completely unmanned autonomous fleets. That's one of their starbases. Yeah, they're basically superbosses.

Don't feel bad, that actually made me look it up myself. Ship design isn't my thing and I don't think I'll be playing it but the lore was interesting and gave me a laugh considering my friend once again has been retroactively ripped off on his ideas, the space megacorp in our TT campaign pretty much has Tri-Tachyon's role and even a similar name inspired by Tri-Optinum from System Shock.

Not talking about stations, but about multiple ordos together. Sure you can split them up and take them down one by one, but if you fight something like 4-5 ordos, you're dead meat.

well if we go for what happened to SS13 it will take atleast a week for things to die down

>trying to update the game
>site is down
thanks youtuber guy

what's the best sector age to choose when you start a new game?

It's not possible to encounter more than one of those stations in a battle. They're static "fleets."

Just go for mixed and normal size

How do you use all your weapons at once? I remember being able to do that even when not assigning them on the same nodes.

When you have so much dakka at once that fighter wings immediately melt if they fly in front of you.

Attached: screenshot125.png (1920x1080, 1.06M)

set them to autofire

how much easier is easy. been playing for a few hours think ive got a basic feel for it. i should probably restart and go back to normal right? finally feel like my ships not ass though.

>vulcans
I want to like them, but they're just so awful.

a lot easier

If you are having trouble with piloting, start holding shift like ALL the fucking time in combat.

It forces your ship to face where ever your cursor is.

And as a note to all new players, goign to an enemy ship and hitting R will pull up its stats. It also locks all your non-autofire assign weapons to prioritize that single ship whenever it goes into firing range of that gun.

Attached: screenshot122.png (1920x1080, 1.99M)

Restart on normal like a real man

Attached: 1543234948217.jpg (480x360, 46K)

>start holding shift like ALL the fucking time
or check off the setting that makes it do this naturally, much easier

>vulcans actually pretty good

They are point defense, missiles dont actually have any real armor so damage type doesnt matter. Also those vulcans come built in on that ship.

Woops, mean non-manual firing.

which is kind of strange because I think that the ship battles look great for being 2D

The problem is that vulcans don't scale well. They're awesome for early game when each Harpoon shot can make or break the combat. Not so for late game fighter spam.

You should never put yourself in a situation where HE missiles can flux you out to begin with, so shield tanking missiles is not a problem. You want those PD hardpoints to shoot down fighters, and ballistics only have vulcans for that purpose in the small slot. You end up having to sacrifice a medium ballistic slot for that purpose, which could be better used for mounting a HVDS or a Mauler.

>not available on my stembabbie store.waaaaaa
haven't you got egs threads to spam, trading cards to buy or being busy editing your steam RP profile.

It's still really good post nerf

Look at that thicc shield, unf

Early game: Lasher with Safety Overrides and Unstable Injector, railguns and vulcans up front
Mid to late game: Sunder with Safety Overrides and Unstable Injector and whatever wacky Large Energy weapon you find
Phase ships make you age faster and give you space cancer, don't use them
That's my recommendation, let your officers pilot the big 'n' slows.

cant believe the only reason anyone here knows about this game is because of the African Warlord... He holds too much power

you could say the same about dwarf fortress

also 15 bucks for 200 hours rivals 99% of all games you fucking sperg

They're marginally good now that the AI isn't completely retarded piloting it.
As far as I can tell, the turret arc of rear energy slots still dont' converge and that's enough to make this ship awful. Yes, you can slap on a heavy energy on the nose and treat it as a one-gun cruiser, but if you consider the costs involved in making this fucking thing work (wasting an officer, enlarged sensor signature, etc) it's still just a mediocre boat.

Besides, if you really want a one-gun wonder, you can mass Sunders armed with your bargain bin large energy weapons. They're expendable at least.

It's a flagship for pre-capital fleets, it's not meant to be the best it's mean to be beautiful and something everyone wants to defend and love

threads were burning out in hours when .9 hit, I doubt it'll have the same boom because the game is still the same since then compared to tons of new shit to do and talk about last time

how do I scuttle ships?

What's been added since colonies?

9.1 was in May, only minor tweaks

Which faction does Yea Forums identify with?

All I remember when .9 happened was threads got exiled to /vg/ in under a week

I like the design and I love the idea of a pre-endgame flagship that does everything like Apogee does. Haul shit, see shit with sensors, have a large energy slot, etc. It's just that even for that role, it's not a good ship. It's an extralight cruiser that's still as large as a proper cruiser and having the same flux issues. All of its advantages go away when it's got one of the largest shield bubbles in its hull class.

I think the dev should just bite the bullet and make Apogee more useful and increase its deploy cost. It's not like an early game fleet struggles to field all its boats in one encounter or anything. As it stands, Apogee is just a really big empty shell that can mount a large energy on the nose and last slightly longer than a Sunder.

Open the fleet tab

Sorry I cant hear you behind my shield
Apogee is cute

Hegemony

because they were going fast and some faggot who kept making them kept putting general in the OP to spite people telling them to go to /vg/ and provoking mods to just start moving them outright

P A R A G O N
with quad plasma cannons

If youre gonna meme with a paragon, at least use quad tachyons

I remember that. Someone's trying to do that with underrail now. I wonder if it's the same autist.

Paragon works best as a beamship, total area denial is beautiful
Especially when there's phaseniggers about

there's one autist that just spergs out when a flavor of the month or an update to a beloved game happens and it creates actual discussion
probably the dude spamming c*mbrain

It happens it basically a group of tards with the mindset game i like gets to stay, games i dislike need to go vg and die because you wouldn't want video game discussion on Yea Forumsjr now would you?

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO THIS ISN'T A SMASH THREAD STOP IT

I played it during its prenerf days, during 0.4 or 0.6, and lost the paragon immediately after alpha striking.
High intensity lasers were much better on the side mounts yeah.

this is the only useful apogee loadout and you can't prove me wrong

Isn't that the guy from Brigador?

Attached: 1413216389231.jpg (682x576, 36K)

Yes, and I think there's another portrait based on a Spacer from Brigador too.

Probably best to just use the Front Mission portraits.

>Oga's portrait pack lets you play as white men
shut it down NOW

Attached: Hey hey people.jpg (1280x720, 164K)

portrait34-chan is cute. cute!

Attached: 1548196895879.png (256x256, 105K)

Diable Avionics, because I only play their giga-wanzer ship and pretend I'm Char Aznable.

It is kinda odd that everyone in-game looks SEA or nog.

>anime portrait pack is busted
Suffering. Guess I'll continue waiting for it to leave paid-beta.

I also thought I was way too retarded to finish games like Age of Wonders and Gorky 17 but I did anyway.

You can do it if you put some effort.

Diable is the coolest ships.

So has there been word from the user that intended to contact the guy that made New Galactic Order?

Which mods factions aren't overpowered?

Yeah, their ships definitely have got a lot of style, but when it comes to performance and weapon flux ratios as well as ship geometry, they are kind of bad. Worse than vanilla bad. Their fighter craft are amazing though, and Daze class is probably one of the sturdiest cruisers in the game, that thing just does not die, so it's definitely not at all terrible.

Knights Templar, but they haven't been updated to the current version of the game. Other than them there are no other OP factions, modders have done a pretty good job balancing their additions. In fact, in some cases perhaps too well, making their ships inferior to what the game has already.

>Worse than vanilla bad
Damnit, they look great though. Hopefully they unfuck their stats at some point, mods are allowed to be comparable or slightly better than vanilla.

How do I join the pirates? Or at least make them allies.

Attached: IMG_1061.jpg (500x374, 52K)

This game looks cool.
I should play it some time, despite my dislike of Early Access.

You can just modify them yourself if you know where to look. Besides if you're skilled and outfit them well, you can cover for their weaknesses. The biggest by far is flux dissipation and the amount of flux Diable faction weapons generate, which are a bit higher than vanilla, but offer comparable, if not at times inferior damage per flux.

You can't. I wish you could at least make them not hostile because they always pay through the nose for most resources. Have to tiptoe the earlygame until you get a big enough fleet to scare them away.

You sell them drugs and organs and then wait for a contract to obliterate them off the face of space.

Complete enough procurement or survey contracts that they issue so your reputation is no longer kill on sight with them. Pirate playthroughs of SS are rather difficult though.

what other mods do you recommend? doing my first play through vanilla except for portraits but I want to get a mod list going before these threads die down. So far I've got the two faction mods you listed, and the nexelin overhaul mod

Well butter my biscuit.

I haven't paid attention to this game in at least two years (I know because the last time I played it was in my old place and I moved two years ago), but holy goddamn fucking shit what have the forums become? It's the most insane shitshow I have ever seen in the modding section, it's like some disney attorney is into this game and is throwing his e-penis around all willy nilly.

Attached: sseditinstructions.png (890x328, 57K)

As other user said, contracts are the fastest rep gain method, with planet surveys bringing 5 rep per contract, and standard stuff provurement being 1 rep. Pure market trades take too long and not so profitable.

I can just give you my mod list, I've been playing with it for a good long time and it has been 100% stable. Mandatory for pretty much all of those are Lazylib and Graphics lib libraries that enable additional effects ships from those mod use, you can also tune those libraries to reduce the performance hit, although unless you play on a toaster, it's negligible.

Another Portrait Pack
Arsenal Expansion
Autosave
Blackrock Drive Yards
Common Radar
Console Commands
Dassault-Mikoyan Engineering
Diable Avionics
Disassemble-Reassemble
Hazard Mining Incorporated
High Tech Armada (that one has some ESL tier english in its ship descriptions, but the ships themselves are totally fine, so if that doesn't bother you, use it)
Interstellar Imperium
Junk Pirates
Kadur Remnant (If you hate Turks/Islamists in space don't install them, because that's what they are. They'll also raid your colonies, so it makes establishing and keeping colonies harder).
Lazy Lib
Leading Pip
Legacy of Arkgenesis
Luddic Enhancement (Hardly necessary this one, but why not?)
Mayasuran Navy
Nexerelin
Outer Rim Alliance
SCY Nation
Shadowyards
Ship Weapon Pack (one of my personal favorites because of how well it works with all the other major faction mods, introducing a unique ship that can be obtained from a bounty for many of the special mod factions. The Diable ships it can get you is probably my favorite in the game)
Speed Up
Tahlan Shipworks
Underworld
Upgraded Rotary Weapons
Weapons Group Controls
ZZ Graphics Lib

Attached: Experience.png (1154x342, 128K)

>Pirating Star Sector
You poor innocent fool. You don't know do you?

Attached: kms.jpg (480x910, 22K)

If you want the "vanilla but more" experience, try out the stuff listed under Content Expansions. Ship/Weapon pack used to be the go-to for ships and weapons in the same power curve as the vanilla stuff, and it still is... mostly.

None of the faction mods are even close to remotely balanced. It's mostly because these modders are still having a hard time grasping how armor damage reduction and flux overload works in this game. Many of the mods have deceptively overpowered weapons that are "weaker" on paper in the way of less DPS per flux, but are actually overpowered as hell in practice. Many of the faction mod hull designs will range from absolutely terrible to completely overpowered.

Does the game has other languages other than english? If not, are there fan made translation mods?

Isn't Dorf Fort free?
It could be $1 and still not worth spending money on right now.

Enlighten me. Like I said, it's been at least two years since I've bothered with this hunk of shit.

I just looked at it and what the fuck? Nobody ever gives a fuck about IP mods and even if they did, they wouldn't target the creator or some chucklefuck streaming it. Also ironic how they choose to ignore other mods that do the same, at one point I was gonna buy it but even if this game ever does get finished I likely won't ever

You should close the tab if you're easily triggered and people expressing their opinions leaves you shaking with impotent incel rage. Fragile nigger.

Attached: 1563330017393.png (500x645, 126K)

It's got in-game anti-Piracy. If you pirate the game it will continousely spawn massive pirate deathfleets that will hunt you down all over the sector and murder you over and over.

It's just some retarded sperg and his clique using the first retarded argument they could think up for why mods they don't like should be banned. Small insular forums tend to attract that kind of personality cult.

Cursory glance tells me there's an autistic caste system in place where the biggest dick suckers get to say what gets posted and what doesn't. I fully expect this game to go to the epic store or, if it goes to steam, be completely without workshop support.
Blow me, Alex, you know you can't blacklist my key and it infuriates you to no end. Don't make me call up BMT again and bitch until Ricky sends you another smartly worded email.

Multiple people can use the same key? wtff

It'll be blacklisted in the next update. That's what Alex has done repeatedly in the past if he's able to find out which keys belong to people who don't suck up enough.

>randomly bump into rocks in asteroid belts
Is this a concern? I haven't noticed any effect

>it's free and protected speech only if i'm the one doing it
lmao you pathetic kike
it's called free speech, boy. exercise your right to dissociate from a group if it offends your faggot ass like the SJW copycat you are.

Attached: 1564470165056.jpg (2048x1536, 579K)

It just slows you down temporarily to avoid making navigating asteroid fields too easy.

It only slightly nudges you off course and slows you for a split second.

The fuck are you fucking on about? I'm not the nigger bitching about a Robocop portrait in a mod. Fucking blind ass fanboys, jesus christ.

Which 4X space game focuses the least on combat?

Attached: 129133472639.jpg (960x720, 94K)

your character loses 1xp for every one you hit

Drive bubble stuff that will happen more frequently with larger fleets, just a nuisance but I imagine an unlucky chance where a fleet can catch you because you bumped into one too many rocks while on the run.

I'm 99 percent sure that message was put there just to make you nervous and think pirates were harder than they already are.

EVE Online

>Turks/Islamists in space
Are there more tips?

Attached: in game tips.png (841x321, 19K)

That's all, really.

They're not much of a threat if you make it to late game but early to mid it's a massive thorn in your side. Still pretty cool though, not many devs use anti-piracy mechanics in their game anymore.

That's not a problem anymore thanks to recent breakthroughs in pirate technology

Attached: 1548273373015.gif (400x225, 3.73M)

Editing jars are hacking now? Awesome. I've graduated from being a script kiddie and it only took 25 years.

Some hot settings.json tips for you fags.

>altMouseMoveToMassTransfer
Set to true so that instead of having to individually click every stack to store/sell them, just hold alt and mouse over them.

>enableSpacerStart
Set to true to enable the optional Spacer start. You get nothing but a shitty Kite (S), barely any supplies and cash, plus a debt that scales with your level.

>personBountyNoSpawnRangeAroundPlayerLY
Set to 0 if you're tired of making cross sector trips for bounties.

>maxFactionHostilitiesMult
Seems to control what percentage of factions can be hostile to your faction at any given moment. Setting to 1 would ensure maximum possible hostilities.

>maxBattlesize
Default battle size is pretty small, increase this number if you want bigger fights.

Attached: screenshot059e.png (409x231, 73K)

Congrats, man, some never make it.

>personBountyNoSpawnRangeAroundPlayerLY
This one is so fucking asinine. Bounties should have a chance to spawn anywhere around you, instead of there being an invisible bubble projected around you at all times that denies any bounties spawning in your vicinity.

post ships

Attached: ship.png (172x286, 53K)

Isn't that the custom death ship some user post a while back?

Update when?

yeah I saved it from one of these threads, I don't think the fucker ever actually posed stats for the ship though so you have to make it yourself.

Attached: ship.webm (972x900, 2.8M)

Attached: Nevermore.png (250x400, 82K)

You wouldn't happen to remember the console command to spawn it in would you? I've still got the ship but lost the command.

How viable is to field a fleet of these assuming that you can afford the resupplying?

Attached: 1538149206160.png (211x338, 119K)

my second favorite behind this sexy weather system

Attached: Maelstrom.png (213x526, 113K)

>not Karkinos
WBLULUBWUBWLRBWRRRRRRRR

> I've still got the ship
Where the fuck did you get the ship?

boards.fireden.net/v/thread/440034106/#q440088656

addship newship_variant

Found it, Link is dead of course.

Why and how does sseth make every autistic simulator game look like the most fun thing in the world?

And why is he always right?

Attached: 1562023036956.jpg (640x820, 40K)

Theyre good games.

He finished it and got it working. He just never added it to any faction or market so you have to spawn it in to your fleet. It's stats are completely broken in that it's an OP powerhouse, 3 of them can murder almost anything.

From the posts in the archive one guy made the sprite, then another guy made the stats and the second guy made it OP as fug. Either way the link is dead so you perhaps have the slow surviving copy of it.

I've also got the yamato but that one is completely broken that it crashes your game on start

hey hey people

Back to the hentai gamer threads with you, lad

Attached: 9CAA286B-FAD1-41A3-A600-2FD7D36D6382.png (645x729, 65K)

What the fuck are those tips

Attached: 1549244823612.jpg (426x400, 13K)

Mods tend to add all sorts of lolrandum nonsense into loading tips. You can delete them or write your own.

i bought a key years ago but lost it. Not sure how I can go about getting it back

game is pretty cool but idk, i'll probably wait like 10 years til the next version comes out

Sylphon RD for drones carriers and energy weapons and cool ship gimmics

Blue (Lanestate Union) for BIG GUNs

Just ask the dev for it back

kys

so how do I trade a specific amount of an item as opposed to trading in bulk?

shift drag/click

Press shift when selecting the item
Also, Ctrl instantly moves the entire stack to the cargo

I'll probably re-upload it at some point when I get back home

What are some other simulators he’s covered?

I dont suppose anyone knows but I installed Weapon Ship Pack after I started a game, do I still get international bounty board on the existing game or will I need to start again?

>Always thought this looked like one of those niche little games that's good enough that Yea Forums has a thread every once and awhile
>Never got around to trying it
>See Seth's video
>It looks even cooler and way FUCKING WAY deeper than I thought
Shit's daunting yo, I still dunno if I'll ever get around to trying it.

Attached: 1561159164754.png (500x480, 370K)

I dislike the focus on kinetics.

I'm not sure of the IBB needs restart but usually ships do so they can get assigned at start to the appropriate factions

vanilla run is perfectly enjoyable, but out of the updated ones imperium ,diable and blackrock are so fucking high tier, absolute must have when you get into modding the game. sky nation is good too, but more than 3 big mods in the beginning and you might not be able to handle the sheer amount of shit you will have available

Dwarf Fortress, Cataclysm, Kenshi, Elona (Sort of)

fuck yeah

Attached: diable.jpg (1145x1637, 679K)

Question: Can I name my individual ships?

>altMouseMoveToMassTransfer
>Set to true so that instead of having to individually click every stack to store/sell them, just hold alt and mouse over them.

holy shit finally, thank you user

Yes

Sold.

Attached: shadowyards.png (1000x1800, 1.16M)

I need space pirate titties or I am tragically bored with this.

Attached: key_art_bodacious_space_pirates.jpg (900x350, 78K)

Mimir is my shipfu

last time I checked dassault and legacy of ark were slighly OP and they may make your first run a cakewalk or a pain depending on who you fight, but maybe they changed the ownable ships, it’s been a while.

what I’m sure of is that dassault will add certain systems that WILL destroy your fleet tho. you will know what I’m talking about when you see it

there are anime girl portrait mods

Dassault is only slightly OP in that fighter spam is a very effective tactic and they have really damn good fighters.
For a shieldless fighter, the Demoiselle is one of my all time favs.

Does DME still have those fucking overpowered burst weapons or did the modder finally come to his senses after this many years?

>DME
>not overpowered ever
Pick one

I'm pretty sure nearly every weapon got reowrked at some point now.
Speaking of coming to his senses, he caved in and added settings so the [MODDED REDACTED] can be toggled on and off, if they piss you off too much.
And the 1.0.0 also added considerably more Deserter stuff

About damn time.

back in a point of 8.1 their “research” capital had enough flux dissipation to stale against 2 paragons and fuck off before getting destroyed. it was stupid, but i imagine it’s changed now

the new bladebreakers stuff is interesting but needs more work. I colony dropped one of their systems and made a high tier station and they just spammed me to death, yet at the same time I didnt get anything cool from it

>I'm pretty sure nearly every weapon got reowrked at some point now.
It better be more than just "i made it cost marginally more flux it's balanced now comrade :^)" bullshit. Those things were strictly better than everything else in vanilla for stripping armor.

Attached: 1562963070822.png (571x457, 318K)

Attached: java_2018_12_03_11_18_25_254.webm (734x720, 2.85M)

Those still have the gimmick of "random explosions on hit that conveniently cover the weakness against armor of frag damage", so, yeah

Is there a mod yet that lets you build a death star type thing? when i was playing it i was hoping to build some kind of huge planet based cannon/laser thingy that would let you glass other planets from across space (like there further away they are, the more resources it costs to fire it at them). What about one that make planetary defenses (the stationary cannons) acutally do something useful when in combat. i want to see them firing up at the enemy ships while im helping my space station defend against enemy fleets. How about one that lets you use soldiers as a sort of boarding party against other ships (like you can do in ftl)?

Attached: have sex.jpg (640x1192, 201K)

Why the fuck does everyone call the remnants [REDACTED]? Is their some unspoken reason but i see it all the time on Yea Forums and fractal forums, but their never called REDACTED anywhere in game

I will never understand the modders' obsession with mixed damage types. They're failing at balancing their unique snowflake OC donut steel faction without it, and yet they keep throwing it in and turning the ships into generalists that are never weak against anything.

Devblog always mentioned them as [REDACTED]

blue’s mod star fortress is pure sex, holy fuck. costs a ton of money, but it’s a colossus made to fuck shit up

>Do the combat tutorials, think I'm handling the combat pretty okay
>Do the campaign tutorial and the rinky dink pirate shreds my ass and almost kills me

Attached: 1355771050740.png (256x256, 46K)

Whats taking the dev of tianDONG heavy industries so long to update his shit? Also i havent played in a while, what are carriers like now? how do you use them, are they worth it?

pretty ideas user but i dunno.

Attached: 1558942009880.jpg (720x712, 61K)

Only ones I found cause CTD on startup.

Because it's fun

>all these retards that would rather waste 10 minutes of their sad, miserable lives, to explain they're too busy to spoonfeed people, in a desperate attempt to pretend having better things to do than being helpful

Download game and install: fractalsoftworks.com/preorder/
Launch game and enter key: TEITW-HP9ON-A7HMK-WA6YA
Have fun.

reported to the devs for piracy

I think that key is blacklisted already.

because le spoopy u fagot

probably making battlestations for tiandong, the guy is a perfectionist

Literally just used it, it works.

Attached: file.png (500x373, 295K)

I'm surprised only a shitty MMO has paid Sseth for a meme review. Seems like a great way to get your indieshit noticed considering he crashed the SS13 servers and brought down Starsector's website.

Knowing how faggy user is these days, it won't work after the next update.

pathetic

Attached: 1564724802135.png (952x717, 333K)

Oh noes, I can only play this game for hundreds of hours before a non mandatory update comes in!

It was a commentary on how shitty user is, not that you will be mildly inconvenienced when the next update comes out if you're even still playing this shitty game.

>wojakspam
that sure is pathetic

Your mother

What are you doing in this thread exactly?

almost as pathetic as a grown adult male watching cartoons with little girls and pretending they're good

nigga just close the tab if you're this easily offended haha

>Whats taking the dev of tianDONG heavy industries so long to update his shit?
Mesotronik is a faggot. In all honesty who fuckin knows at this point, hell I'd love to see some Exigency again within the next decade too. Like said, he's a perfectionist. I can't wait for all his mods to be updated just in time for 0.10 to be released in the following week :^)
m8 user has always been a nigger. That's always been a constant here.

are you retarded? there are like 2 on the forums that work fine for me

Is there a place to get mods that isnt ran by whiny SJW faggots?

lol just don't read the comments you dumb tranny
how is cyberbullying even real lmao

Attached: 1563078568858.jpg (961x1280, 291K)

I still looking for audio set with cozy space music. I remember user posted it here in 2018
Game was made by SJW. It's bad

but the dumb trannies are the one making mods and getting others taken down

I didn't see any worth a damn like the ones that were posted in earlier threads. Which ones are you referring to?

maybe he's just busy and not feeling like modding for star sector? there's no reason to assume he's been working on the mod every day ever since 0.9 was released.

how difficult is it to search 'portrait'? Also, its trivial to make your own portraits or mix and match from existing portrait mods, just replace the default image files in the portrait folder with whatever you want thats the correct resolution.

are you still aching in the boipussy over that faggot nazi ship mod?
man up and move on, you clingy homosexual

Attached: 1560219923746.jpg (1069x793, 231K)

They're all trash on the official forums.

you post like a schizophrenic, wouldnt be surprised if you had actual mental issues

wtf im a commie now

dilate

Attached: 1561171325453.jpg (716x692, 171K)

Go look up mshadowy's twitter account if you want to see some cringeworthy shit.

Attached: 1493774078690.png (1020x680, 48K)

why is the creator of this game such a massive faggot

>wants to ensure that he gets paid properly for his labor
>ugh why is he a faggot
fuck off commie nigger

there's evidence of him blacklisting keys of people just because he doesnt like them

if you defend that you're a pathetic bootlicking faggot of the highest order, worse than any commie retard could hope to be

Is the website down?

proofs

Attempting to, Alex (the dev) failed when the guy got in touch with the company managing the keys (BMT Micro).

Close it then.

I miss comfy Starsector threads.
Also developer is libtard, If you play Starsector you support pajeet libtards

I'm intrigued, is there more to this story?

Attached: 1502715893146.gif (142x142, 10K)

Yeah. Just as when I'm in the middle of reinstalling mods. Sseth fucked the server really bad.

GET WOKE GO BROKE

RAM THAT SHITHEAD

Happened years ago, basically a guy got under the dev's skin so much that he accused him of sharing his game key and blocked it in an update so the guy filed a complaint with BMT Micro. It's been memory-holed, but the dev is a right cunt regardless and the real reason this game will never see steam is because he wants to keep his autistic inner circle in power.

You can get a waifu fleet right now. You just need to find them and have the degenerate portrait pack.

Of course he's going to blacklist keys that are publicly shared you dumb fuck.

Jesus. You'd think that BMT would keep who gets assigned what key a bit more confidential.

Find Yea Forums's official portrait mods on google. It should be lying around somewhere.

pretty sure keys can't be blacklisted because there's no online check and at most the blacklist has to be clientside (and because there's no online of any kind you have to re-download the game every time an update comes out), it's possible to make a keygen out of this
the dev also loved that sseth made a video about it
I don't know much about it, what happened? Was it the guy that made a nazi mod?

> It's been memory-holed,
Might as well say "source: just trust me"

Plow if you have skill to dodge follow routes if you dont

It's easy to blacklist keys, you just add it to the registry. Look in the jars, the good thing about java is that it's easy to root around in.
Not my fault you didn't play this game years ago, same as a bunch of us. It's been a thing for almost a decade.

Attached: lol.jpg (1707x313, 92K)

Nigga, I bought it when it was Starfarer. No need to come in here and tell lies.

>the guy that made a nazi mod?
This sounds far older than Ahne's time on the forums.

Get the hell outta here

Post your receipt.

This is why space china will dominate btw

the forums are pure cancer from what ive seen

Attached: KdrsMzn.jpg (1024x887, 183K)

I wish I could go back and thank the user who shared his key with me ages ago. Alex has really been making me feel vindicated regarding my decision to not give him $15 until the game was completed.

Attached: 1523338093292.jpg (453x439, 85K)

Because of treating women like actual people? You are truly fucked in the head

This thread is full of entitled manchildren
And I don't mean it in a meme way, just see recoiling at basic human decency.

Denial of reality makes any sane person slightly disgusted.

Go cry about it somewhere else with the rest of your mentally ill kind.

DF is free, will continue to be free and will continue to get all the same updates that steam DF will have, since steam is just being used as a more official/visible distributor for the game.

donate money to Toady directly instead so kitfox, M*ph and steam doesn't take their cut of Toady's hard work.

So is this basically spaceship warband? You fly around trying not to piss off anyone too powerful and farm money, XP and renown until you are strong enough to take on the existing factions?

Yes user. Hence why it's been described as mountain blade in space.

it's a fucking video game about space ships, jesus christ this board is hopeless

Good summary, you got it

>starsector threads in the past
>discussion about gameplay and mods
>starsector threads now
>/pol/

Yes, and the dev is a little bitch.

>cool space game thread
>rightwing snowflakes get triggered over nothing, again
Welp I guess we can't even have Star Sector threads anymore because the guy who makes it holds the now controversial opinion that women are people too.

its a real shame isnt it?

oh no! better spend my weekend seething on an anonymous burmese basket weaving forum over absolutely nothing of significance!

>Majority of the thread was talking about the game
>Small component at the end was over the dev being an asshole
>You two retards shit your pants in rage

Not all people are the same.

>dev being an asshole
Never happened.

You do realize literally everything you buy and use has ties to """SJWs"""? You're no less hypocritical than people buying electric cars thinking they're saving the planet.

Also as good as a child who doesn't know that Yea Forums is an anime board to begin with. You need to lurk more newfag. And hopefully don't cans.wav yourself into insanity.

nonsequitur post.

>is
it isn't 2005 anymore and moot doesn't even exist

How about you make a post about the game? what even is there to talk about anymore? its all been discussed in depth and the dev is to fucking slow to put out new content to talk about.

You'll get better.

I only buy stuff that don't make their dumb political views public knowledge.

What the FUCK happened?
Fuck I remember Starsector threads being comfy and actually talk about the game

But a point you refuse to acknowledge.

And yet you enjoy their products. That makes you a cuck.

So how long does the game take to "get going" after the campaign tutorial finishes?

>Old IP
>Doing the same bitch post about the last 20 posts out of a 500+ post thread as the last guy
You're not fooling anyone.

Where? Seems like you've created a boogieman for yourself.

I'm not sure who's shitposting who anymore.

Attached: ami.png (338x292, 92K)

>their dumb political views
Which ones are those exactly? I still don't understand what you're so upset over that you think it's time to derail a thread with your bullshit.

No it doesn't memetard.

Fuck off. I was the one asking some questions about the game before returning and seeing this thread bloat into some off topic shit.

Haven't you realized no one likes you and everyone would be happy if you just fucked off with this shit so we can get back to talking about the game? You and people like you are a blight on us all. These threads used to be comfy as fuck until you showed up.

Having a dedicated rule about misogyny gives away a very biased viewpoint.
He's probably just virtue signaling to appease the mod authors but eh. He shouldn't be so spineless or shy away from what appears to be a harmless discussion.

it's a game about space ships

Favorite parts about 0.9? I like colony heavy industry, fuel production and saturation bombardments.

Attached: domain of man reacts to mod factions.png (2560x1440, 950K)

Nothing really. 0.7 was the peak.

This game has industry now? Haven't played in years? Is in stable? Can I build up a planet I discovered from nothing into a centralized market hub?

Yeah but it's really boring.

Its all in now
Dont let your dreams be dreams

You don't know how long I've been waiting for the Industry update, holy fuck why am I just being told now.

Oh... why? Is it under featured or something? Like just there in the most basic sense with no flavor to make it feel real?

Getting a colony up and running is very simple to do and all it really does is passively generate money for you.
You can name it and invest money in it to accelerate how quickly it becomes populated but it's all very passive. There's not much to do beyond accumulate money and now there's this thing that does it automatically and more efficiently than you could before.

Colonies are neat but I'd opt for more early game stuff

Why yes, I do field fleets comprised entirely of Diable Avionics ships.

How could you tell?

Attached: 1512898326273.jpg (960x720, 54K)