Is there a scientific explanation why gamers are so entitled?

Is there a scientific explanation why gamers are so entitled?

Attached: 1539449769625.png (1076x911, 492K)

Everyone does this with music, videos and books. Only gamers dare to speak out.

>implying I ever gave up on my pirate ways
shiddydiggydoo

Attached: chad pirate.png (2518x1024, 319K)

>entitled

I don't want to download 10 shitty stores just to play some vidya. Anyway, this pic doesn't even apply to me since I mostly use GOG now, and only keep Steam and Battle.net since I already have games older than most of Yea Forums tied to my accounts there. In a few cases, I'll get games directly from the developer.

DRM and extra exclusivity is bad in any form. This is why I refused to buy AoE:DE when it was a Win10/Winstore exclusive but now that they've finally decided to release it on Steam, I might consider buying it when it's on sale.

Music isn't like this. Music is a prime example of how NOT to do this.

There are 3 major music streaming services and all 3 of them have the same library of content within about a 0.01% margin of error, and also cost essentially exactly the same thing. They mostly just compete on features and presentation to the enduser.

We used to be treated like customers.
We are not anymore.

>all three of them have the same library
WRONG
Tidal has exclusives, Apple Music has exclusives and Spotify have exclusives.

I don't mind the whole multiple launcher thing. What I do mind is making shit a timed exclusive, meaning it's only available on said launcher.

To enjoy all kinds of music, videos and books you only need a web browser or one media player.
To enjoy all kinds of games, you need to get 10 different botnets and 3 (or more) paperweights.

I have all of those installed except epic store :)

I guess there are more than 3, since the services I was thinking of were Amazon, Spotify and Google/Youtube music.

And while I do know that Amazon has "exclusives" it's like what 0.0000000000001% of the total content available on the platform? I mean seriously, how many total albums even is it, 10? 11? It's barely a fucking differentiator. Nobody in their right mind is subscribing to two separate music services just to have access to the different exclusives, which is of course exactly what has happened to streaming video and is starting to happen to PC game launchers.

How do I pirate The Division 2?

Because i'm the one who decides where I buy my games.

Attached: 1556794868678.png (399x404, 123K)

You also forgot about Pandora which is more popular for country artists. And don't forget that SoundCloud is now into the streaming business ass well.

I don't think it's that most gamers are entitled.

I think it's that most gamers are *poor*, and, thus, are used to doing whatever is necessary, up to and including breaking the rules, to get the best value proposition.
The number 1 reason Steam was popular for such a long time was because they'd regularlyt have deep discounts on games, as well as organizing them in a convenient place.

>Netflix becomes popular
>Rate of movie and TV show piracy notably drops down across America
>Netflix starts getting greedy competitors who make exclusive shows to compete
>Rate of piracy increases back to pre-Netflix levels
It's almost as if when you take away convenience from the customer, then the customer will create convenience.

I pirated your feels guy.

>tfw pumping and dumping 3 games as we speak
feels good to be a pirate

Attached: 50563713_p0_master1200.jpg (985x1200, 626K)

Yes, its called you being fucking delusional.
Games are poorly priced for the quality you get nowadays, you get some good value and some shite value but we getting more and more shite.
The only entities that are entitled in gaming are the greedier publishers, afterall activision for example pays as little tax as it can get away with in different countries (This sometimes being 0%) and still claims and gets rebates where available, they fire staff and crow about their record profits while telling the consumers that they are dirt fucking poor and that is why they need to nickel and dime everyone harder and harder.
Seriously those fucks think they are more entitled to gamers money than the gamers who own the money feel they are to their own fucking money.

Your game will not sell more if you call your audience entitled, and the general gaming public hate you and all developers for trading quality for literal brainwashing kids and retards to steal money from em, that by the way should be fucking illegal.

So be happy you was not lynched yet.

what's the translation on the pic?

If you're referring to Ooblets, the numales who are the target audience of that game clap in euphoria seeing how devs shit on the "gamer" crowd they don't identify with.
also
>you was

>to get the best value proposition.
a very short term value proposition that leads to less new content and games chock full of microtransactions.

Sure.
But most gamers are also underage and thus have a very underdeveloped sense of long-term planning.

It's basically everyone that uses the word "entitled" unironically at this point.
People that confuse how much money they got by popularity and are so up in their ass that they think that if their games literally encrypted the harddrive of the clients and charged a fee to decrypt, the game would still be popular.

>microtransactions are p-p-pirates fault

giga bootlicker cope

Is there a scientific explanation as to why game publishers are so entitled?

>Games are poorly priced
what did he that by mean?

A system that refuses to haggle shouldn't be surprised that not everyone is willing to compromise to a non-negotiable price. When the market swings to the extremes, they shouldn't be surprised when the consumer goes the opposite